Current Ranked system flaw

So my rank is being determined by MMR ( Match Making rate) score, according to the public information available **MMR (also known as Match Making Rate or Elo) is a hidden statistic / value in League of Legends on which the game matches you with opponents and teammates. For every league and division (e.g. Gold 4) there is an average MMR. If your MMR equals the average you will most likely get matched with players that are in the same league & division as you. For example, if you are currently Gold 3 and you get matched with Diamond tier players this means that your MMR/ELO is way higher than it should be. Therefore you will gain a lot more LP than you lose (e.g. +30LP and -12LP). You are also much more likely to skip divisions or promo games.** Now this bit sounds very well and cool, sounds like a system that should work pretty well... But there is a but... **The only possible way to increase your Match Making Rate is to win more games than you lose. If you lose more games than you win, your MMR goes down. Also interesting: You gain more MMR / Elo if you win against an enemy team with higher average MMR than your team. On the other side, if you lose against a team with higher average MMR than your team, you will not lose much, since you were on the 'weaker' team. But if you lose the game against enemies with lower MMR than your team, you lose much more MMR.** Hold my horses, so I have a **PERSONAL STATISTICAL DATA THAT DETERMINES MY SKILL**, but this **PERSONAL DATA OF MINE** is being calculated on win/lose ratio in 5v5 game? Holy shit what? I wonder how my grades would look like if the tests I write would be rated like this huh? ^ This is the major flaw, because my match making rating is being manipulated by other players rather than me alone.. If MMR is determined by win/lose ratio, if I get more loses my MMR drops and I cant climb the ladder even if I am skilled enough to be higher, because I don`t play alone and I cant win alone, because the game has descent balance... Now remember this is my personal score, not my team score... Which means that if my team lost the match my personal MMR doesn`t matter to anyone, I lost the game with the team and I lose the MMR... So basically this system is implying that my personal skill level is pointless... And it does not mean much in ranking ladder... Because what matters the most is win/lose ratio.. But why do you do things so complicated RITO? Wouldn`t it be much more simpler to just match random people and pretend it`s normal? I mean its pretty much the same thing now... I think the game should calculate MMR not based on win/lose ratio, but on personal performance you do in the game. There are countless ways of doing it and it is already being done. Even the simplest KDA rating is ok to determine a personal MMR, considering the fact that 1 death = 3 kills or 6 assists, it is already good enough statistical data to determine each players individual performance in the game. I am not even talking about all the more detailed data that we can see after each match, it is more than enough to determine personal MMR score, since each rank has the average of the MMR, since it has the average MMR, just calculate each players MMR in the game and place them in similar level teams... Why cant players be evaluated based on this instead of win/lose ratio... WTF is this? it has nothing to do with personal performance nor personal rank...
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel