Hextech Crafting - FAQ

Hi EU Boards Community, I'm seeing alot of questions being asked about Hextech Crafting and answered multiple times. For the sake of cleaning up the boards a bit, I'm making a list of commonly asked questions. > ** Why do chests contain content that i already own?** Chests are random, and can contain content you may already own. For now, you can re-roll shards to guarantee a piece of content you don't own, or you can disenchant already-owned shards to help you create permanent content from shards you don't own. In the future, Riot is looking at features to allow you to use the duplicate shards in various ways. > ** Can I earn content that just got added to the store?** Yes! However, it takes a bit for new content to get added to the Hextech system, so it's recommended waiting at least a day after a new item hits the store before trying to roll for anything new. > ** Can you get chests in all game modes?** Chests are only earnable in modes with champion mastery enabled. > ** If I already have mastery level 5 in champions, do I automatically get an S rank?** The new rewards are purely based on S grades after the system went live, so there won't be additional rewards for having achieved level 5 on champs. That said, being level 5 on champ means you'll probably achieve S grades more easily due to experience. > ** Why am I not earning chests?** _ If you're playing a champion you don't own, you can't earn a chest._ If you do earn an S rank on a champion you don't own, allies in your premade group may still earn a chest through your achievement. _You may have already earned a chest with the champion you're playing. _ You can see which champions you've earned chests with by hovering looking at their portraits in the champion tab of your profile - champions you have earned a chest on already will have a gold border around it. When you earn a chest through a premade ally's S rank, the chest counts as though you earned it on the champion you played in that game. _You may have reached the chest limit for the week. _ Your profile has four chest slots, and you can hold a maximum of four "unclaimed" chests at a time. One chest slot opens up per week; you can see how many more days you'll have to wait in your profile. _You can't earn a chest in a game if you leave that game._ > ** How does behavior affect loot eligibility?** If you've been punished recently for negative behavior, you'll be locked out of earning chests and keys from playing games for a duration of time. The length of time you're restricted from earning loot is relative to two things: _**Severity of punishment.**_ You won't earn loot for the duration of your punishment, be it a temporary suspension or a chat restriction. _**Signs of reform.**_ Once your punishment has ended, you'll continue to be restricted from earning loot until you're recognized to have made significant progress in amending your past behavior. There isn't a specific timeframe for this - it all depends on your behavior. > ** It feels like I'm not getting many key fragments anymore. What gives? Is the system bugged? ** The drop rate for key fragments is a curve, not a line. With each fragment you earn, the chance to earn your next one goes down slightly. This number resets roughly every thirty days after you earn your first key fragment. > ** What is the key drop rate (in % if possible) ?** The specifics of this probably won't be revealed, however you can only get a key on a win. Also your chances are increased slightly by the amount of premades in your team. > ** How do i earn Hextech Annie?** You can unlock Hextech Annie by forging ten gems together. She also has a chance to appear when you reroll skin shards and permanents! You can also find a Hextech Annie shard from box's, it takes 2150 Orange Essenses to craft it. > ** Can I receive Championship Riven or other limited skins with Hextech Crafting?** Championship Riven (or any limited skin) will not be included in Loot. > ** What happens to those that own all the champions already?** For now, there is not a huge amount of use for these shards. Riot have stated they will be looking into uses for these in the future, but for now they recommend you keep those shards, or reroll them into a new champion after release (it's recommended to wait at least a day after release!) > ** How do you get essences? Does it drop from chests in addition to shards?** Currently you get it from disenchanting loot you don't want, as well as potentially from chests when opened. #If you have anymore questions, then please politely ask them in the comments below. And we will try to help you. **More about Hextech Crafting:** * [League of Legends Wikia - Hextech Crafting ](http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Hextech_Crafting) * [Riot Support - Hextech Crafting](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/207884233-Hextech-Crafting-Guide) **Speacial thanks to:** Riot Support, Surrender@20, Riot Eambo, Riot Socrates, Riot Mirross, Riot Rayven
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel