Summary of the lore: Aphelios and his sister are ascended Lunari. Sister is the spiritual side of their religion while Aphelios is the embodiment of it. Aphelios can drink a thing to make him so high he loses the ability to speak.
Summary of abilities:
- He have 5 weapons, which he cycles through once he runs out of ammo, which is consumed while basic attacking
- He has an "main hand" weapon, which applies the effect of his Q and R (he does not have E), and an "off hand" (W = switch to off-hand, which means he can switch between two weapons at the time). The off-hand applies the power of the weapon to the main hands Q
- Gets W instantly
- Gets Q with lvl2
- Gets one point to R every 6 level (gets first point at lvl6)
- Upgrades stats instead of abilities:
- His abilities refresh as he changes weapon, so one can Q>W>Q, or Q>(last ammo) auto>Q
In-game: probably we won't see insane mechanics, the champion requires lot of planning simply (which one may or may not call mechanics)
Counter-gameplay: while he has good sustained DPS, utility and range, he is immobile and squishy, so I recommend *mobile burst champions* (who are not squishy enough to die to a single CC) against Aphelios!