No stress test on EUW. And the obvious happens.

So as a lot of you probably already know, Ranked Queues with the new champion select on EUW are down because of technical difficulties. Technical difficulties which, at the start of the season were pretty foreseeable. New season, new queue system, something unforeseen was bound to happen. We can't really blame Riot for technical difficulties they couldn't foresee. Right? Wrong. Last season, if you guys remember, there was a certain issue with spectating games because the unique IDs each game was assigned exceeded the maximum computing capability of a 64 bit system. I don't remember the exact number, but statistics showed EUW had the largest amount of games played and largest amount of active accounts. Why is that relevant? I'll get to that in a second. First of all, with the problem that arose in EUW, we have to ask - why did this problem arise in EUW in specific and not anywhere else? A lot of you guys will say "Well, it's because of what you just said. EUW has the largest amount of games played, so there's a lot more room for error and system overload." But then we ask the question, **why did this not happen in NA, where the numbers are very close to that of EUW? ** That's right. Because for 1 week, NA had a Dynamic Queue stress test to make sure all the issues that might arise at the start of the 2016 Ranked season got removed beforehand and everyone could do their placements smoothly and without any crippling bugs. So if that happened - **why the hell didn't EUW get a stress test?** It has the most games played, therefore it's more likely to malfunction. Why was NA groomed for the start of the new season with each and every technical error getting meticulously weeded out until everything was perfect, while EUW was just tossed into the deep end all "yolo whatever let's hope nothing goes wrong". Now, I don't know the specifics of this error that arose. For all we know, this error could have arisen even if EUW got a stress test, but to me it just sounds damn unlikely that it would. I may be talking out my ass here, but I really feel the need to bring this issue up for discussion nonetheless. Riot took no prevasive measures to assure the launch of the 2016 Ranked Season on EUW would go smoothly, even though they clearly did so for NA. This isn't your run of the mill regional banter. This is Riot clearly prioritizing one consumer base over the other. And that's just fucked up.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel