Karma isn't bad, but has flaws in her kit, that make her unappealing in high level play.
Here they are:
* **Passive** - It feels boring, because it's an extention of her ult. No other champion has that.
* **RQ** - All of Karma's damage is in this spell. This makes her damage feast or famine. It also only damages the first target hit and makes hitting key targets usually impossible.
* **W** - The risk-reward in this spell is off for mage.
* **RW** - The heal has no flat value and a 0.5s cast time. On a CDR/AP build the heal is only noticeable at low health. But at low health, the time needed to cast this (mantra-aiming-casting ~ 0.75s) can often kill you. The root is worse than Morgana's Q until lvl16+.
* Building glasscannon makes Q and RQ good, but W and RW bad. Building tanky does the opposite. You also need CDR and mana.
* Karma provides too little damage and kill pressure to be a good carry and too little protection and utility to be good support.
* Karma does too much of everything too be bad and too little of anything to be good.
* Karma is hard to learn and easy to master, exactly the opposite of what good design is about.
Don't get me wrong, I love Karma. I like versatile champions and off-meta champions.
But I think she lacks depth and purpose, especially since 5.10 (read more about this [HERE](http://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/champions-gameplay-en/VuecKpm3-good-or-bad-karma-pre-season-thoughts) )).
I'd love it for Riot to have a look at her, but at the same time I am afraid of how they would change her.
All of the changes so far left a bitter taste.
If you want to find out how I would try to solve these issues, visit my [FULL KARMA REWORK](http://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/champions-gameplay-en/idvKoyTJ-remastered-full-karma-rework) thread.
Please let me know what you think.