Trying to make a fair match is not fair in Ranked System.

First of all, I am a casual player. I am a 35 year old man married. My wife also plays the game. We see League of Legends as an e-sport and a family activity. we even teach our daughter (4 year old) how to play. We watch all the matches at weekends... (even she comment about the matches like "why are you leaving your lane atrox ..." :) So as a summary I don't have high expectation on my rank progress but the game is important and have a place in my life. So I generally play ranked (If I am not testing a new rune or a hero) Last night after 8 matches win series I had a very hard/bad game, I wondered about the rival team ranks and when I looked I was shocked. There was a Gold 4 and Silver 2 while my team has only bronze and Iron players, our highest was B2. So I read about the matchmaking system and I found it very very unfair. (shared the text below.*) It says that "You’re winning a lot, and the matchmaker is placing you against stronger opponents. A Silver player pushing for Gold should expect to see higher-tier players in their games. It means you’re winning more than you’re losing, and it means the matchmaker is starting to suspect that you’re worthy of higher placement. If you’re on a big win streak, you may even start to see opponents several divisions above you." So If I am winning I have to play higher rank opponents... Ok so this means I am also worthy of their rank... Lets think about a football team in 3th division of its league. Winning matches constantly. Then UEFA came and say: "ok you are a good team so you will now have matches with premier league teams and your league point will be determined by that. But you are still in the 3th division." This is nonsence but it is happening to us. The MMR system creates a secret second Rank system where no one can see your success and your visible rank means nothing. There is 2 basic solution I can think of... 1) Remove the League system. Don't give us gold, silver ... ranks. Just give us visible MMR so everybody will know how good they are. (But I know you won't like that because the league system liked by most of the players.) 2) Don't let people have matches across the leagues. (League means that... :) ) You say "we do try to make sure all teams have a 50 +/-1% chance of victory" but this is not a way of sports thinking. Then in worlds don't match NA teams with Korean Teams because they never have "a 50 +/-1% chance of victory". Or match Fnatic with a gold ranked team because they are having a losing series... As a result, Riot must decide if it is a game or e-sports. If this is just a computer game then MMR is purely right. But if it is e-sports, we must play according to the division regardless of our win rate. I hope the best for the future of the game... Ozgun OZER "RoninDefender" *"Climbing the ladder While MMR is the number we use to determine your opponents, your personal progress is represented by the Leagues system. Here are a few familiar situations to illustrate the difference between your League and your MMR: You’re winning a lot, and the matchmaker is placing you against stronger opponents. A Silver player pushing for Gold should expect to see higher-tier players in their games. It means you’re winning more than you’re losing, and it means the matchmaker is starting to suspect that you’re worthy of higher placement. If you’re on a big win streak, you may even start to see opponents several divisions above you. Your opponent is losing a lot, and the matchmaker is placing them against lower-ranked opponents to find them an appropriate spot on the ladder. The team’s average MMR is the same, but one team has five roughly-equal teammates and the other team has a few very highly-ranked players and a few lower ones. This one is pretty rare outside of full-premade teams, but we make our best efforts to try and ensure that we still balance queue times into fair matches. While we know some matches may feel like stomps, we do try to make sure all teams have a 50 +/-1% chance of victory using all the information we have, because part of what makes League so competitive is getting to face similarly-skilled opponents."
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel