(Upcoming) updated RP costs - discussion

RP update: Cost and refunds
TL;DR: We're updating our global pricing and refund policies on March 5th. Several regions will see increased RP prices to account for new tax laws, currency shifts, inflation, and consistency across regions. The new refund policy will return one refund token every year if you are below the cap of three.
I'm fairly certain some of you have seen the upcoming RP changes hitting us in early March. Genuinely, Riot, what is this? If changes need be done, understandable. However, they could at least give a hand to their players who have supported them for so long, and increase the amount of "bonus RP" we get all together to approximately match how much RP we used to get for the same price, or, alternatively, globally decrease the cost of everything in the store when it comes to RP so it mostly evens out. ~~But I'm gonna go ahead and guess T*ncent doesn't allow them to that and wants them to milk as much as they can out of their supporters?~~ Edit: Forgot to mention how it's already a pain for us in EU and how more expensive RP is in general here. Eurozone getting a 15% increase in cost is now just going to hurt that much more. Not to mention that not all of EU is created equal, so depending on the average income in that country, the RP price bumps are potentially even worse (they are for me). This is of course, just my opinion. Think what you will of this, and I'm sure there's at least a bit of legitimacy behind the change, however, it's pretty clear that it's no longer about giving players what they want, but about getting as much as they can out of their players. I've thrown a bunch of money on this game (_even in recent years with all the passes, boxes, etc. which make it almost necessary to pay in order to get most of the content out of an event_). I did it not because I felt like I needed to, but because I wanted to. I still believe that, and I still want to support the developer team because I still believe there's good and talented people working on this game. These new changes however.. (not even bringing up the recent price increase the EU was hit with not too long ago) just seems.. wrong.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel