Riot investing on Curse (voice)

Red Post Collection: Mystery Champions being distributed, Riot Invests in Curse, Fan Art Feature - Nips, and more!
This morning's red post collection includes a reminder that the Facebook friend discovery mystery champions are still being distributed, an announcement regarding Riot investing in Curse, context on the tentative PBE Baron & Dragon timer changes, a fan artist feature on Nips, and more! Continue reading for more information!
**Riot Invests in Curse** _______________________________ Earlier today, the official Riot Games Twitter account tweeted out a vague announcement concerning an investment deal with Curse. **"It’s true -- we’ve hammered out a deal to invest in Curse. See Curse’s announcement for more info: http://riot.com/1GO19xu"** The tweet links to this statement from Curse CEO Hubert Thieblot regarding their voice communication program Curse Voice. ___________________________________________________________ **"I'm pleased to announce that Riot Games has decided to invest in Curse. Riot really believes in what we're doing and where we're going. This investment boosts our efforts to continue creating what I believe to be the best communication tool in gaming.** **In the last year, we've seen the size of Curse Voice grow from nothing to over 1 million active players. We've added support for most of the top 200 games in the world and are deeply integrated with some of the most popular games our players play.** **This is, of course, exciting and positive news for us. We've known Riot for a long time, and know that Riot, like us, cares very deeply about the core gamer. I'm excited and confident that this will be good for Curse and for the millions of players we serve via Curse Voice.** Sincerely, Hubert Thieblot CEO, Curse Inc. __________________________________________________________________ Over on reddit, Rioter vladcoho commented on the announcement: **"This is an investment in Curse because Riot believes in the team and the experiences they’ve built for players. We’re not announcing any League of Legends development roadmap plans (or feature plans) right now."** and: **"Riot confirmation at: https://twitter.com/riotgames/status/616254904752033793"** On the subject of potential voice chat for League of Legends and this vague announcement: Sargonas added : **"While I can't comment on any rumors or speculation about our future development plans since we have nothing to announce at this time, I would like to say any future plans we explore in voice chat would likely stick to our previously established belief that we would not bring strangers together in voice chat against their will. We prefer exploring systems that instead focus on communication between friends." **
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel