So this is probably going to sound really weird but..
Basically I feel like sometimes my mind will try and count stuff that I see in front of me. (not all the time)
It's like it tends to be active and count things.
Is it like some OCD related stuff?
- For example, if I look at my wall and at the shadows that the light casts on it, I will start counting every single part of it that has a shadow.
- I could start counting how many different squares/rectangles there are on this webpage while writing this. So like the box with the boards list, then below -
the box with 'guidelines', then there's the "box" where I'm writing this, then the box where I put in the 'Title', etc etc.
I didn't do it now but I mean, it's something I would probably do lol. Why does this happen?!
- I could be smoking a cigarette outside and for some reason I could look at the cars near me and count how many windows I can see.
- Sometimes when I stare at my bookcase I'll count how many shelves it has.
- Even like counting how many vertical bands-thingys the radiator has.
- Also someone's features, or even just counting different parts of someone's face. And alot of the times I'd be looking for an even number.
And even if I've already done this on the same object/thing in the past, I'll do it again eventually.
**Basically, I tend to look at an object and count how many surfaces of that object I can see from my position or situation (like shadows cast on it, angles, if there's like protective bars thingys on a window I'll count in between the bars, etc, etc).**
Now.. I can stop, it's not like compulsive that I don't even realise I'm doing it or something that extreme, but like..
why do I even have my mind do this from time to time? I don't understand.
Stuff like counting shelves that I already know the answer too because.. it's in my room, and I've probably counted them before.
I don't really know why I do it haha.
**It's not like I do it all the time, or even very often. I don't know to be honest.
But sometimes I realise it, and I'm like 'why da hell am I counting lmao'?
I might not do it often but it's obviously a recurring thing since I've noticed it and started thinking about it.
Does anyone have any idea what causes me to be like this?
It doesn't feel like a big deal to be honest, so I just thought I'd ask on here if anyone has any ideas/input.
I tried googling it and just found some stuff about OCD and anxiety. Relevant?