Is the ban system flawed? Are the true toxic players slipping through the cracks?

So I want to raise a discussion about the current ban system. It appears that since the ban hammer went from the tribunal to an automated the increase of bans has been quite significant. I understand why this change was made, and it's not really what i'm here to discuss per say. The reason for bringing it up however is that I've noticed that the large majority of bans especially of those being posted on the forums are toxic behavioural based. Now this is great don't get me wrong, however a lot of these bans in my opinion although can be seen as toxic behaviour, could also be seen as somewhat justified or at least understandable if the context in which these bans were made were taken into consideration. What i'm about to post is the chat log of which I myself received a 14 day ban after a 10 game chat restrict. Now i'm not acting as if i'm a saint or anything and this post isn't an appeal to get unbanned however I do think this brings into question, who the more toxic player for the game was during this game. Game 1 Pre-Game Hi I am sad: jg Hi I am sad: take tp or ignite ekko Hi I am sad: idiot In-Game Hi I am sad: why have you bought the jungle item? Hi I am sad: you're %%%%ing my jungle route ekko Hi I am sad: ekko try take the enemy camps instead of mine, if you're safe to do so thanks... Hi I am sad: well he's put me bheind 2 camps could of been 6 by now Hi I am sad: do not take my blue Hi I am sad: %%%% off Hi I am sad: so reported Hi I am sad: rep ekko ty Hi I am sad: stealing my jungle putting me behind Hi I am sad: i'm o tilted Hi I am sad: don't even want to play Hi I am sad: %%%% this ekko Hi I am sad: ruinin my game Hi I am sad: STOP Hi I am sad: TAKING Hi I am sad: MY %%%%ING JUNGLE Hi I am sad: TAKE GRAVES JUNNGLE Hi I am sad: i'm done just open this Hi I am sad: rep ekko ty Hi I am sad: i'm not playing anymore, he's %%%%ed my game Hi I am sad: he just went mid with smite Hi I am sad: and trolled me Hi I am sad: taking 7 camps including blue Hi I am sad: taking my bue again Hi I am sad: does it nd i'm afk Hi I am sad: k bye Hi I am sad: enjoy ban ekko Hi I am sad: you bellend Hi I am sad: for what? ekko trolling us? Hi I am sad: i'm 2 lvls behind because of ekko Hi I am sad: and he can't even win mid, taking ym exp and gold Hi I am sad: ? Hi I am sad: what are you talking about? Hi I am sad: for what? Hi I am sad: tell me Hi I am sad: ekko steals my jungle Hi I am sad: what u expect me to do? Hi I am sad: can you jungle when ekko takes your own team mates jungle, instead of counter jungling graves? Hi I am sad: ekko is 100% in the wrong, not I Hi I am sad: i really hope you get banned ekko Hi I am sad: no it isn't Hi I am sad: and even if he did it strategically Hi I am sad: at leats take the enemy jungle Hi I am sad: not my own Hi I am sad: haha kennen and lucian flaming me for ekko %%%%ing my up, hilarious team Hi I am sad: "hope you get banned" Hi I am sad: yeah ban me for ekko trolling Hi I am sad: ekko didn't have to say anything, he still trolled Hi I am sad: yeah stfu, we all know i was 3/1 even with trolling ekko Hi I am sad: ekko take all my camps and still negative kda lel Hi I am sad: and surprise, surprise less kill contribution Hi I am sad: yeah ekko trolls me all game long, and you expect me not to react to that? Hi I am sad: how would you feel if your own team mate puts you behind 2 levels purposely Hi I am sad: thresh is good Hi I am sad: ekko is a trolling c**nt Hi I am sad: kennen afk now Hi I am sad: after flaming me Hi I am sad: hypocritical noob Post-Game Hi I am sad: rep lucian for toxic and int, kennen for afk and toxic and ekko for trolling thanks Hi I am sad: stfu ekko this is all your fault Hi I am sad: hope i never play with you again Hi I am sad: ever.... As you can see from this chat log (and yes the ban was from only this 1 game) I did portray some toxic behaviour, however who was the more toxic player for the game? Myself who actually tried to play and win even with ekko taking my camps (3/1 early game) who although from the chat logs clearly reacted badly to someone intentionally trolling my game, ( a smite mid ekko who took over 12 of my own jungle camps and 0 of the enemy's jungle camps, including my buffs who had no map pressure or anything) and all because this ekko didn't say a word during the game, he is deemed as "non-toxic" by the current system. He was intentionally trolling yet because I had a negative response towards his trolling I get the punishment. It's getting to the point that the chat system itself is pretty much pointless. This post isn't asking for an unban but it's to raise the thought and discuss for what is the true toxicity for this game's actual game play. People who flame but for the most part do actually try to win in general, or trolls who simply don't care and seem to never get punished for it due to the current system that is in place?
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel