To the Toxic Chat Trolls. Here are some facts to consider.

Cybersmile - Cyberbullying
The Cybersmile Foundation is a multi award winning anti cyberbullying non profit that provides expert help and advice for cyberbullying victims and their families.
1. Current research suggests that suicide ideation and attempts among adolescents have nearly doubled since 2008 2. It is estimated that each committed suicide intimately affects at least 6 other people 3. An estimated 804, 000 suicide deaths occurred worldwide in 2012, representing an annual global age-standardized suicide rate of 11.4 per 100 000 population 4. A study carried out by an anti-bullying charity found that 57% of the young people it surveyed had experienced bullying online when playing games. You may be thinking `yeah it is just a game`. You are wrong. Hiding behind a keyboard is not an excuse. Everything you type can have an impact and maybe you should stop to think `Would I behave this way if the person were stood in front of me?`. Maybe the person you are insulting is relatively young or shy. Maybe they are new to the game and need a little friendly advice? Not everyone is a rock star Pentakill machine, some people are just average and happy to remain that way. Perhaps that person is being bullied in real life and is seeking an escape from reality? That is something I can relate to on a personal level. Being rude and negative does not make you clever, it just makes you a bully. If you are happy to look in the mirror and see a bully then so be it. But if I can change one person's perspective with this post then job done.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel