500BC (EUNE)
: To be honest, this is such a complicated issue that you have stumbled upon. It is not that people in NA are less inclined toward this but rather cultural differences that play their part. This, in fact, is part of an even bigger issue which global companies like Riot face. Let me give you an example. Some words, if used, can get you banned from the game; but, they are mostly based on the NA culture. Therefore, something that is not toxic at all in a specific context could be considered offensive in the game and vice versa meaning that somethings that %%%%%%%%%%tes based on the NA culture seem offensive in some other parts of the world (e.g., the word Neeko is apparently an offensive word among some Arabic countries since there were threads made by Arabs trying to ask Riot to change the name of this champion which of course never happened). Bottom line is, there are no global standards for this cultural dominance is backed by social, economic, and political power. To sum up: it's a different culture everywhere. GLHF
Why haven't they changed Neekos name if it's clear that it's offensive for Arabs?
Vistha Kai (EUNE)
: But that, again, doesn't do anything in early game where you may start with even 0 AP.
jacktjong (EUW)
: Ok, what about this (I didn't really think it through but I think it's a cool concept for the E) E is an aoe around Diana. Enemies inside the aoe are slowed and get damaged by a slight burn (moonlight raining from above basically). Enemies that got hit by the explosions from her W get grounded as well. Additionally Diana gets a speedboost after casting her R. (and maybe she's untargetable while dashing as to give her a bit more engage possibilities?) The movement speed's for the little bit of extra disengage.
I would enjoy that untargetable thingie on her R. I'd love it so much, because often when you want to dodge an ability/skillshot of an enemy, what you would do with any champ, would be dash away, but because Diana dash is always forward you literally dash into the enemy spell. With that I could dodge enemy Yasuo's tornados etc. that would be so nice.
Vistha Kai (EUNE)
: How about reworking her passive(s)? First of all the whole "mana restore on every 3rd strike" is completely useless, because by the time you have anywhere near enough AP to make it count... you are way past the point of needing a crutch like that. Secondly after other changes surrounding that mini-mini-rework she became unusable. The design philosophy behind Diana's attack speed was as follows: - base AS is low (the worst of "standardized" values) to make scaling with items less prominent - to compensate she had permanent, flat bonus to AS - this meant that she'd have stronger early game, but wouldn't become completely unmanageable with items. The later change did the following: - remove the flat, bonus AS - add a new passive that gives AS for the next 3 AAs after an ability - do nothing about the base AS - give mana restore, which requires AP, ergo it doesn't exist when it matters This means that farming with Diana in lane is absolutely atrocious unless you shit out all your mana to activate the AS boost and the mana restore passive, as mentioned, doesn't function without noticeable amounts of AP. It's not as much of an issue in the jungle, because you both have various sustaining buffs and are going to use abilities to stay healthy, activating the AS boost anyway. It also isn't a problem later, because her AS/level is above average and items like Nashor's Tooth are recommended to have regardless. --- This is my biggest issue with Diana, as a player who used to semi-main her mid and stopped. Her early game _(pre-6 in particular)_ was always terrible and that change made it even more miserable. --- **Also an advice specifically for you, OP:** If you want to have ANY exposure with your ideas, you must post them on NA Boards, because people here aren't decision-makers.
Also I did post copy of this on NA, but I'm not sure if people liked it. People on boards seems to dislike everything, meanwhile on Reddit new ideas are always welcome to see. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/cqMkgh3s-according-to-what-meddler-said-about-diana-getting-changes-few-suggestions-from-a-main-perspective?comment=0002000200000000
Vistha Kai (EUNE)
: How about reworking her passive(s)? First of all the whole "mana restore on every 3rd strike" is completely useless, because by the time you have anywhere near enough AP to make it count... you are way past the point of needing a crutch like that. Secondly after other changes surrounding that mini-mini-rework she became unusable. The design philosophy behind Diana's attack speed was as follows: - base AS is low (the worst of "standardized" values) to make scaling with items less prominent - to compensate she had permanent, flat bonus to AS - this meant that she'd have stronger early game, but wouldn't become completely unmanageable with items. The later change did the following: - remove the flat, bonus AS - add a new passive that gives AS for the next 3 AAs after an ability - do nothing about the base AS - give mana restore, which requires AP, ergo it doesn't exist when it matters This means that farming with Diana in lane is absolutely atrocious unless you shit out all your mana to activate the AS boost and the mana restore passive, as mentioned, doesn't function without noticeable amounts of AP. It's not as much of an issue in the jungle, because you both have various sustaining buffs and are going to use abilities to stay healthy, activating the AS boost anyway. It also isn't a problem later, because her AS/level is above average and items like Nashor's Tooth are recommended to have regardless. --- This is my biggest issue with Diana, as a player who used to semi-main her mid and stopped. Her early game _(pre-6 in particular)_ was always terrible and that change made it even more miserable. --- **Also an advice specifically for you, OP:** If you want to have ANY exposure with your ideas, you must post them on NA Boards, because people here aren't decision-makers.
Yeah, that's interesting idea. I was thinking once about adding to Diana's passive a converter. So based on Diana's AP, some of that is converted and added as attack speed, or vice versa. Based on how much attack speed she has, she gains extra AP.
rRefluxX (EUW)
: Yeah, this is one rework idea I can get behind, and all of your reasoning makes sense! We will see what they have planned this week. If they have some very bad ideas, I will try to get some attention for this idea! (if we get a feedback thread or something)
500BC (EUNE)
: well i'm sorry that you have to write all this for some random user to downvote it... But you dedication to the champ is admirable. I used to play diana couple of years back. she is a lot of fun. I hope you get what you wish.
Well at least you guys here on EUNE/EUW gave me some appreciation. I've posted the exact same thing on NA, but the responses weren't that nice as here. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/cqMkgh3s-according-to-what-meddler-said-about-diana-getting-changes-few-suggestions-from-a-main-perspective?comment=0002000200000000
Rioter Comments
: alright thanks man for replying
Check out the amount of minuses I got for saying the truth xD The boards NPC's have woken up. Anyways check out Player Behavior section. Hundreds of posts like yours, where people got banned unfairly, meanwhile nothing is done about trolls. The issue is real, there would not be such flood of topics if people would feel that the system is fair. Anyways wherever you go, Reddit or boards, people are moaning about this 24h, that flame is banable but nothing is done about trolls. As I said Riot has you deep in their anus so my advice is to play Apex or some normal game where devs actually listen to people and ban cheaters/trolls. I'm playing Apex myself and there is 0 flame, I swear to God. Played over 200h and not even one case of flame. It's funny because I'm flamer myself at lol, but I don't flame in Apex. . . . I wonder which game bans trolls instantly and which game doesn't do anything about it....
Djxo1 (EUNE)
: rito will you something about trolls?????
Check out Player Behavior section. Hundreds of topics like yours every day, but yeah I guess Riot will do shit about that because why would you do something about trolls.... This company is a joke. . . . . Wanna some new Lux skin??
: This is worthy of a perma ban?
Flame is never worthy of a permaban. Only trolling should be permabanned.
: Vital message to Riot: Can I get injustice? What is going on with this Player Behaviour system???
As @Chrysies said, the only perma ban should be for trolling. Riot doesn't understand that trolling is the source of flame. No one flames without the reason, the reason are usually trolls. Everyone have noticed that recently, just check Reddit threads. People are getting banned for nothing, and although bans are a massive thing now, trolling occurs frequently. I'd even say that the system causes more toxicity than justice. I think the best way is to give up on lol or at least quit buying RP, if enough people will do that, they will re-think what they are doing.
: perma banned wondering if i can can undone prob not
No reverting bans my friend. Companys policy. You are not allowed to get angry at trolls, you are not allowed to speak, you are not allowed to think, as long as you buy RP. Unless you are a troll, then you can count on honor 5 and season prizes... Best way is to give up and play Apex or something else or at least not buying RP, if enough people does that Riot will rethink what they are doing. You are not the first one to get banned for nothing.
Creaturve (EUNE)
: Ehm Diana seems completely broken..
She has only one patter which makes her easy to outplay actually. If u play Zed or anything like that just ult when shes ulting (she can be targeted during ult), this will completely %%%% up her combo, what I mean is that she will deal 0 dmg and have all 4 cd on. If u play with Yas try to tornado her when she ults, actually any sort of cc will %%%% her combo up when she's ulting and it's easy to aim, because she will always move in a straight line when ulting, she's locked. If you dont have any cc, try to flash back or sideways when shes ulting, dash works as well, all sorts of dashes, but remember - always away from her or sideways, don't flash towards her. Flashing away when she ults will again fail her whole combo and her cd's will be full, she will just stop in the middle with full cd, she wont even meet her initial target place - place where you were before flash. In worst case you can get zhonya and press it when u see Diana ulting, same effect. Remember to just after failing her ult, to go full on her - she has nothing, full cd on everything therefore no way to fight you and Diana has no escape so she cant get away. Diana failed -> just go full on her. Another tactic is to avoid her Q. She wont ult if she wont get her Q 1st, because if she will, she wont get a reset and reset is everything on Diana. To avoid her Q dont move sideways as with all skillshots in the game, but rather move forward. You see Diana doing Q animation -> just move towards her, or dash towards her, this is 100% dodge of her Q if u do it correctly. After that you have 6 seconds to trade wit her, because she doesn't have her main dmg tool and she can't use ult without Q. That leaves her only with her E which is useless and her W that deals little dmg. Apply those tactics and I guarantee you, you will be laughing how easy it is to play against her, because as I said she has only one pattern unlike Zed and Yas and many more champs, she can do only one thing and if you learn how to avoid it, shes noting.
: Aatrox rework is bad

Level 171 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion