: Why does Garen have a difficulty bar?
no mention of annie? Makes garen look like bard and riven like kalista
: Azir: the new Irelia
Azir can't spam anything due to his mana cost. If he builds regen then he loses enough damage to lose lane. Azir dies in two hits and can no longer defend himself. Mages shit on him. Assassins shit on him. Tanks shit on him. Fighters shit on him. Everyone shits on him. If you're just waiting for him to kill you, it's your problem though. Any champion can kill a passive player.
Rioter Comments
: so i owned an annie in lane
so I owned a zed in lane, and he went afk and I won my promo. shit happens.
Rioter Comments
: ILLUMINATI ON ROYAL SHACO!!!
Gee, maybe the eye is there because the knives blind monsters?
: Ezreal's (and others, but mostly ezreal) indirect overpowered buff
reading the patch notes I feel poker faced about Azir's knockup removal. On one hand it means he can't be blocked anymore and can dive teams (for a good R) better, on the other hand his single target combo will be much harder. That said, runeglaive is annoying but i think Luden is the real problem, on many champs it is great, on some it just makes them stupid :/
: LF duoQ road to diamond
I just came here to say that your username is ridiculous.
Rioter Comments
Solash (EUW)
: Oh so THAT'S how you play Tryndamere... (18+, avert thine eyes children)
Indeed. and I would like to add this as well! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4v82aaJwsg
: The thing is although these champs have abilities that are difficult to counter, Warwick's ult for example is all he has, it provides his only mobility and cc, which is why he isn't "overpowered" just because it's a powerful (ish) ability, it doesn't make the entire champ OP.
> [{quoted}](name=GoEasyOnLittleMe,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=NeJXPElV,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2015-06-30T22:37:48.702+0000) > > The thing is although these champs have abilities that are difficult to counter, Warwick's ult for example is all he has, it provides his only mobility and cc, which is why he isn't "overpowered" just because it's a powerful (ish) ability, it doesn't make the entire champ OP. But you can't avoid it. If warwick ults you you didn't get outplayed, you pay for the mistake that you never made. Same goes for any other champs in that first list. Sure, there's unbalanced champs, annoying champs, toxic champs. but the only overpowered ones are the ones that get you killed no matter what, and force specific builds. A comparison. Say you lane against Fizz. You can buy a sash or zhonya to make the lane EASIER. Against a Fiora or Karthus? You MUST get a zhonya just to avoid their ults.
: actually in this case, that is not really the issue. You have to build Magic Resist to counter Most AP champions. YOu have to Get Certain Items to counter Fizz forexample like a Zhonya You Get Quick Sash to Hard counter Malzahar and make him Cry and useless.. etc So there is basically almost no champion that you don't build to counter for. Tanks are countered by Armor penetration.. Now imagine you don't get armor Penetration.. You will do no Damage. So Getting items to counter someone.. doesn't prove that, the Champ is OP. But EKKO+Ryze now thats OP
You are wrong because those champs you listed can still be beaten without the items. you can dodge fizz's ult and malza becomes less powerful lategame. I'm talking about champs that screw you -no matter what- unless you obey like a slave and build counter items.
: ''As an example, Fiora is overpowered because her ult does not have a means of defense outside of specific abilities and zhonya, and any offensive plays are ruined because of the invincibility. It's those situations where you literally cannot do anything about your inevitable death, even though you've done everything right, that are caused by overpowered-ness.'' Get Tornmail+Randium and Stack HP, Watch Fiora Cry in 2 minutes later inside her Zhonya. IF she is broken, its because people don't get that multiple hits also means Dead Fiora.
> [{quoted}](name=Skylinez33,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=NeJXPElV,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-06-30T21:13:44.728+0000) > > ''As an example, Fiora is overpowered because her ult does not have a means of defense outside of specific abilities and zhonya, and any offensive plays are ruined because of the invincibility. > > It's those situations where you literally cannot do anything about your inevitable death, even though you've done everything right, that are caused by overpowered-ness.'' > > Get Tornmail+Randium and Stack HP, Watch Fiora Cry in 2 minutes later inside her Zhonya. > IF she is broken, its because people don't get that multiple hits also means Dead Fiora. You are proving my point. If you are forced to build specific items (several items even, according to you), then the champion is clearly overpowered. This thread isn't a cry for help or advice, or an ignorant categorization, but thanks anyway, I'm sure someone who diidn't do well will see your post and build against fiora like that later.
: Veigar mains! i demand your assistance
depends on what you lane against. If it's a a champ that is weak early you can go for tear for that juicy lategame AP, if not you should get chalice. If it's an AD champion I'd go for rod of ages or zhonya for you know who.
orneff (EUW)
: Gangplank ult. ahahahaha ahahahahahahahaha hahaha Most useless ult in the entire game.
> [{quoted}](name=orneff,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=NeJXPElV,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-06-30T20:56:08.254+0000) > > Gangplank ult. ahahahaha > ahahahahahahahaha > hahaha > Most useless ult in the entire game. And that's why gangplank ult is only borderline. It won't do much but you still can't avoid (some of) it. Only the upper list actually refers to champions OP by this standard ^^ That said, I do agree, it's quite underwhelming.
Rioter Comments
: well, let's see. What does QSS to Malzahar. for 1250 gold. -removes ult (has roughly the same cooldown as Nether Grasp, the moment you buy QSS you are immune to it. Completely) -removes silence -removes dot -decreases the damage from everything - however negligible it might seem now -removes supress malz needs to hit everything else In the end, a well used QSS can make Malzahar use all his spells (that actually have cooldown, eheheh) and make him useless for the next +-6 seconds. No mobility, no damage, no CC. What does Zhonya to Katarina. for 3300 gold. -prevents her from starting her killing streak from you for 2.5 seconds -prevents her from jumping on you with shunpo -prevents damage from her ult -no MR will impair her damage, unlike Malz and QSS. however -a katarina that is on top of you and ulting has already cast her other 3 abilities on you and did some substantial burst damage. -if you Zhonya before she uses her 3 abilities and ult, she will select a different target or wait for Zhonya to end, THEN kill you. -a zhonya is available way later in game than QSS Conclusion: Zhonya to Katarina is pretty much the same thing as a Banshee to Malzahar. Annoying. Definitely not countering tho.
> Conclusion: Zhonya to Katarina is pretty much the same thing as a Banshee to Malzahar. Annoying. Definitely not countering tho. You are dead unless you're using a script or have the reflexes of a tiger. See, the problem isn't Kata's killstreaks or damage output, it's that her abilities are all instant, especially goes for her blink.
: Let's talk "uncounterable"
> Take note, saying that you don't agree is fine, but going as far as flaming and explaining how to counter ~~your main~~ a champion should be avoided. I asked nicely, but then again, it's EU, what did I expect. You can demolish the thread until it gets locked now, you fine examples of humanity, you!
Petsho (EUW)
: "How i would love an item that nullifies whole Katarina's kit" Zhonya's?...
> [{quoted}](name=Karmoon,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=kF1EmbIw,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2015-03-30T12:25:18.539+0000) > > I'm afraid you don't understand. > > You are definitely wrong about one, and the rest are so bad there's no point going over it. > > A polished turd is still a turd at the end of the day :/ You are a bad troll, go away. > [{quoted}](name=Prugar Senpai,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=kF1EmbIw,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2015-03-30T12:24:08.950+0000) > > Except for some champions like Malzahar that leads to two divergent types of games. > The enemy builds QSS - You don't deal any damage, CC or pose any kind of threat to said person > The enemy does not build QSS - Said person goes on forums and spews something about counterability. > > If a 1250 item allows you to NULLIFY a champion's kit completely, how can this not be a proper "counter" mechanic? > > How i would love an item that nullifies whole Katarina's kit. Or Riven's kit. > Like...a targeted 5 second silence that amplifies damage on said champion.... oh darn, this is too much DOTA... > > ...so let's gradually remove silences from the game to make them even more OP. bye bye Talon, see ya LB (these are pretty explainable, however...) SEE YA SORAKA, point and click manaless silence on a low cooldown was messing up with our assassins too much, here, have a silence zone with half the duration, double the cooldown and -against Katarina- virtually impossible to use right. Notice how LB and Soraka aren't even in this list. You missed what I'm talking about. Crowd control is fine, kits are fine, in fact malza needs a buff because of what QSS does to him. However, abilities that your enemy cannot avoid no matter what he plays are unbalanced and unhealthy. > [{quoted}](name=Petsho,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=kF1EmbIw,comment-id=0002000000010000,timestamp=2015-03-30T12:25:10.161+0000) > > "How i would love an item that nullifies whole Katarina's kit" > > Zhonya's?... As I've said, if a champion forces you to build items or die, it is unbalanced, besides, the point isn't that her ult mechanics are bad, it's that she instantly jumps to you and instantly activates it.
: So Riven just...
Riven is quite annoying to play against, but only due to her sheer damage. She can still be outplayed if you have a single dash or hard CC in your kit, don't let her get in and trade as soon as she wastes part of her kit trying to get you. Also if there was seriously no Q and R involved, she was just fed, all champions are unbalanced when fed.
Karmoon (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ascendant Azir,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=kF1EmbIw,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2015-03-30T12:15:47.685+0000) > > It appears that someone can't read, I will now quote my own post. > > Additionally, take note that it is the truth that zhonyas, QSS, and other items can nullify these, but if a champion forces your item path, it is unbalanced. Everything should have potential to be outplayed. I wasn't talking about Zhonya's QSS or any item based counter. I'm talking sheer game play. And I don't count wards as items. Vi can be countered. This is entirely why this thread is so badly flawed. Because you think you understand the situation, but you're still learning - like the rest of us. 1.4/10
> [{quoted}](name=Karmoon,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=kF1EmbIw,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2015-03-30T12:19:22.795+0000) > > I wasn't talking about Zhonya's QSS or any item based counter. > > I'm talking sheer game play. And I don't count wards as items. > > Vi can be countered. This is entirely why this thread is so badly flawed. Because you think you understand the situation, but you're still learning - like the rest of us. > > 1.4/10 Oh, I understand. This entire thread is badly flawed because I am *possibly* wrong about a single entry in it. bees/10
: Cassio's ulti is not unavoidable... u just turn around... As for Galio is ulti is all but OP... very small range means you will never taunt all of enemy team (unless they r super dum) at that point you'll get CCed the second you ulti. And even if you were to taunt them all, there are a handful of champions' abilities/items that allow you to break taunt. I do get your post though... you got my thumb up!
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Grumpy,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=kF1EmbIw,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-03-30T12:14:34.746+0000) > > Cassio's ulti is not unavoidable... u just turn around... > > As for Galio is ulti is all but OP... very small range means you will never taunt all of enemy team (unless they r super dum) at that point you'll get CCed the second you ulti. And even if you were to taunt them all, there are a handful of champions' abilities/items that allow you to break taunt. > > I do get your post though... you got my thumb up! Cassio's stun effect can be avoided, but not her ult. Also galio has a very low score, his ult is unavoidable but unlike other champions, he can't get in close easily.
Karmoon (EUW)
: Vi's ultimate can be outplayed. You may have not figured it out. So you put in 8/10 and 'self explanatory'. This list and thread are worthless. 1.5/10
> [{quoted}](name=Karmoon,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=kF1EmbIw,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-03-30T12:14:38.321+0000) > > Vi's ultimate can be outplayed. > > You may have not figured it out. So you put in 8/10 and 'self explanatory'. > > This list and thread are worthless. > > 1.5/10 It appears that someone can't read, I will now quote my own post. Additionally, take note that it is the truth that zhonyas, QSS, and other items can nullify these, but if a champion forces your item path, it is unbalanced. Everything should have potential to be outplayed.
Karmoon (EUW)
: What are all these numbers based on? Just your opinion right? I give this thread 2/10. It tries to make good points, but just doesn't. It has to go.
I'm not judging the power of these champions/abilities, but wether you can outplay them or not. The x/10 is not rated by annoyance, personal preference or power, but merely uncounterable factor and impact on the game. in fact, there hasn't been a single comment that's personal in nature, I just state the truth.
Rioter Comments

Ascendant Azir

Level 30 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion