Enjutsu (EUNE)
: Wait a minute, i just checked, you're not plat, there was no plat players there. It's just a low gold game, it is a bit of a stretch she's there, but as i said new payers ussually start around silver.
> [{quoted}](name=Enjutsu,realm=EUNE,application-id=ETj6EdvQ,discussion-id=KuTetABX,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-05T08:49:06.904+0000) > > Wait a minute, i just checked, you're not plat, there was no plat players there. It's just a low gold game, it is a bit of a stretch she's there, but as i said new payers ussually start around silver. I think he said it because Irelia was Plat 5 in flex, but obviously flex and soloq have different mmrs, and in soloq the Irelia is stuck in Gold 3 after 500 games. She duos in flex with a higher player, that's why she might have been able to get to Plat 5 there.
MySTAYLOR (EUNE)
: Level 28 First time ranked is matched with plat and gold players ?
Nobody in that game was Plat, it was a low Gold game. Also, it wasn't his first ranked game, it was his second game. In his first game he got matched with Silver 2 - Gold 5 players and won... By being carried as a useless Morgana "support" with GA, TP, and no boots. Anyway, quite clearly this is not a bug. He was put in your game because he "won" the first one.
jOhNyP (EUNE)
: BAN THIS GUY
Yeah, this is certainly asking for a permaban. I checked his profile and it seems he was also trolling in 2 games before that...
Edelveiss (EUNE)
: If somebody needs help about new runes..
{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Get Juk3d (EUNE)
: there is an option in the setting called move camera when respawn I think I suggest you look for it from the client setting so you wont wate time in game. but be sure that there is the option, i use it
> [{quoted}](name=Get Juk3d,realm=EUNE,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=ZrjENHTV,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-11-06T05:37:05.573+0000) > > there is an option in the setting called move camera when respawn I think I suggest you look for it from the client setting so you wont wate time in game. but be sure that there is the option, i use it I only found "move camera on revive" or something like that, but I couldn't find the equivalent option for recall.
Rioter Comments
: Upvote this so people can downvote this.
"There is a real reason to it" That's what matters. Upvoted.
Pupica (EUNE)
: i was diamond v last season, somehow got there, this season ill be p3 because its not worth, climbing to some division that i know i dont deserve, i got flamed many times because of that, because of the border. it actually hurt my feelings alot and this season ive decided to remove my border when it comes. (also the platinum border is just ugly imo and i dont want it xd) ill be playing ranked only to gold from now on, just to get the skin, its not worth the flame i recieved :) i was diamond this season, but the stupid me decided to play it more, and as a result of that - i got demoted to plat then i just went from plat v to plat i over and over again and it frustrated me so bad, id rather just have fun but then again, ill try my luck to see if im able to climb 3 divisions in a week. hoping for the best..
> [{quoted}](name=Pupica,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=s683XTEo,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-10-30T17:03:14.031+0000) > > i was diamond v last season, somehow got there, > this season ill be p3 because its not worth, climbing to some division that i know i dont deserve, > i got flamed many times because of that, because of the border. > it actually hurt my feelings alot and this season ive decided to remove my border when it comes. > (also the platinum border is just ugly imo and i dont want it xd) > ill be playing ranked only to gold from now on, just to get the skin, its not worth the flame i recieved :) > i was diamond this season, but the stupid me decided to play it more, and as a result of that - i got demoted to plat > then i just went from plat v to plat i over and over again and it frustrated me so bad, > id rather just have fun > but then again, ill try my luck to see if im able to climb 3 divisions in a week. hoping for the best.. It seems like you've had quite a journey. I would just say don't let flamers drag you down and prevent you from doing what you really want to do. After all a lot of things that they say are said in the heat of the moment in a competitive game, under the pressure of potential loss and behind the anonymous and impersonal veil of internet, not because of them being genuinely bad people (or so I like to believe). Of course, I could go and say that there is a number of ways of "dealing" with flamers, but, truth be told, I've only been playing this game so little because of the anxiety that I get due to competitive nature of the game and the strong likelihood of team chat (oh, and pings) turning negative. Either way, It's a shame that it didn't end all that well for you. I hope that the next 8 days get you back to Diamond, and if not, that the next season goes better for you with respect to both dealing with flamers and climbing divisions. Now to respond to the original post, last season I was Plat 4, but only with ~40 games under my belt and 71% win rate. My goal for this season was to get to Diamond in both flex and solo, but I've only ended up playing flex (almost entirely solo) and I'm still unranked in solo queue (I will play it next season). At the start of the season I fell in love with Yorick's rework and decided that I wanted to learn how to play him extremely well. After playing him in a few normals, I immediately moved on to flex. To my disappointment, I was initially placed in Silver 2, but after ~100 games (almost entirely as Yorick) I was already in Platinum 1. I remember hitting promos to Diamond a couple of times and then getting demoted to Plat 2 again. It was disappointing, but I concluded that I couldn't impact the games with Yorick in the right way and climbed back to Plat 1 by playing other champions. Then I failed another 3 or so promos to Diamond and decided to take a break for ~4 months only playing not to decay. Ultimately I got to Diamond. After another 3 or so failed attempts in promos I managed to win the game that mattered and got there. The reason why it didn't feel bad to keep trying was good mmr - consistently ~22 lp for a win and only ~17 for a loss. In total, it took me 182 games to get to Diamond 5 from Silver 2, which I am quite happy with. It was a good season.
: Guess op.gg is lagging or something, imean he has played ranked from season 3, or who knows maybe from s2 or s1, op.gg wont show stats from s2 or s1.
> [{quoted}](name=Darth Meteos,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=nP0WJ0z6,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2017-10-26T14:28:47.995+0000) > > Guess op.gg is lagging or something, imean he has played ranked from season 3, or who knows maybe from s2 or s1, op.gg wont show stats from s2 or s1. Doesn't matter, the only border that gets displayed is the one from previous season.
: Why must low elo players flaming others who are higher rank than them about ebay accts... xd
Where did you get your Diamond border from? It says you were unranked last season (op.gg).
ThePikol (EUNE)
: I was in Gold promos like 3 time. And every time after that I had massive lose streak, like 8 games. Yeah, people don't treat Flex like ranked. they often "it's just flex. I dont care"
Really? In my flex games everyone is try-harding as much as in soloq - a lot of proper flaming, report calling, etc. All the good things, you know. I think I've only heard the "it's just flex line" 2 times in ~150 games.
: Hi FurorDivinus27! I don't question the fact that I get matched with high silver/low gold. I question the fact that matchmaking deemed it fit to assign all the unranked and mid silver players to one team, and all the high silver and low gold to the other.
I've checked the stats and it really seems a bit strange. I'd simply suggest that you don't give up and keep playing, it will surely get better once you're done with your placements. By the way, according to op.gg, both of the Gold players had lowish mmr (Silver 1 - Silver 2), if that helps a bit.
: I feel so sorry for bronze players
I'm now doing promos to Diamond and I also know somebody who's in Bronze. Boy, the difference between the elos... In low Diamond (at least from what I have seen) toxic people exist, but the way they flame is vastly different from flamers in Bronze. In Bronze (and possibly Silver), flaming seems to have no bearing on reality - if somebody's pissed, they will hurl at you all kinds of insults for whatever reason they can come up with, even if they are wrong. In Diamond, this doesn't seem to happen nearly as often. People usually know who played poorly and just end up being whiny about the guy that's underperforming. And yeah, their remarks can actually be useful at times. Not to mention the fact that flaming doesn't nearly happen as often...
ytait (EUW)
: He didn't kill me, I got 350 farm in 30 minutes and destroyed the enemy team. Now my team and enemy team saying I'll get banned for ''WIN TRADING''
Makes no sense for them to say that, it's not like the Gnar was giving up on farm... If the agreement is symmetrical, there's no reason for the other 8 people to be mad about anything.
sulfiie (EUNE)
: key for good kiting?
What's funny is that attack-move does not seem to work on certain things. I once got screwed by trying to use it on a Gp barrel, and my character attacked Gp himself instead, which allowed him to detonate the keg. Sucks. Although it's still a very useful command of course.
: Looking for someone to practice english with
Can't help you, but I wish you good luck. Have an upvote.
: I just got to Gold V :D
It's good to know that there are still people enjoying certain aspects of the game this much. Unfortunately, I never really felt this way, because it always seemed to me that I deserved to be a bit higher anyway. Still, getting to Gold for the first time felt quite special.
Kawira (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Hansiman,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=9T43F1AX,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-06-14T16:37:13.619+0000) > > The current system, (soon to be old system), values honors from premades much less than honors from the same people. If your premade keeps honoring you, only the honor count in your profile would increase, but you'd never get a badge for it. > > I don't see why the new system would change this. Because in new system it counts as 1/2 (read launch page), not that much less. Also new system is designed to decrease toxicity but who cares if your mates can boost your key drops anyway
They should implement something against same premades repeatedly honouring each other...
: > I'm following somebody who's been around low Diamond for a few years now, and a while ago he managed to get a B5 account to D5 in ~200 games in total. nobody is talking about that climbing is impossible and that would be totally besides the point. the problem is that matchmaking has flaws and there are people that simply wish to throw all those problems under the carpet and pretend they dont exist. winrates dont always match and in many cases create a imbalance.
> [{quoted}](name=Strategical,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=qTYE9X7a,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-05-01T09:01:47.327+0000) > > nobody is talking about that climbing is impossible and that would be totally besides the point. > > the problem is that matchmaking has flaws and there are people that simply wish to throw all those problems under the carpet and pretend they dont exist. Sure, I'm open about that. Just wanted to share the basis of my general assessment of the system.
: these factors that i mentioned including High winrate matched with low winrate. and also Autofill player being expected to carry are common in all elo's. and these are easily observable issues. thats all ill say on this topic. i know that riot doesnt like sharing their mmr issues.. but to claim its perfect.. because its not being shared is literally a oxymoron.
> [{quoted}](name=Strategical,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=qTYE9X7a,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-05-01T08:32:39.267+0000) > > these factors that i mentioned including High winrate matched with low winrate. > and also Autofill player being expected to carry are common in all elo's. > and these are easily observable issues. > > thats all ill say on this topic. > i know that riot doesnt like sharing their mmr issues.. but to claim its perfect.. because its not being shared is literally a oxymoron. I'm honestly not sure about high win rate getting matched with low win rate. If fundamentally it is all about mmr, then there should be no correlations between one's win rate and the win rate of his teammates. Anyway, I see no reason to accept the "win rate matchmaking" theory unless somebody were to do a proper statistical analysis on it. I also think that if Riot really thought this through, they would at least make the Challenger player lose less mmr in the game that you mentioned. As for autofill, I have no idea what effect it has on mmr, but I don't think it's that bad if it doesn't have any. After all each of us is supposed to autofill from time to time, and so it wouldn't be unfair to just keep everyone even (at least that seems easier than assigning a new mmr to one's off-role). Overall, I wouldn't call matchmaking perfect, because that's beyond what I can possibly know, but I would call it "good enough". Just to give an example, I'm following somebody who's been around low Diamond for a few years now, and a while ago he managed to get a B5 account to D5 in ~200 games in total. He also starts playing ranked at the start of every season on multiple accounts and gets them to Diamond despite being placed in Gold or so at the start of the season. It's just one example, there are more.Just follow some streamer and see how long it takes them to get a fresh account to their normal elo (or at least close to it). That is also easily observable and it gets right to the heart of the matter, unlike trying to spot some patterns without doing a proper analysis.
: ''It won't be revealed, so it can't be abused. It's not a "catch-22 logic".'' it was revealed before and there was no abuse.. infact elo boosters are abusing que's without knowing it and there is abuse right now. so its not really preventing much... we have trolls and smurfs and elo boosters and those guys dont care about MM system or if it even exists to them... they just abuse it anyway. > So what we have to do to make a valid Statement about the MM-System, is to analyse every game (100 should be enough) in-depth. There are many ways of analyzing and you can use a wide ''batch'' of players and look for patterns.. just like its done in scientific research. and there are some patterns that are quite blatant and basically in your face. people with Higher winrates tend to be matched with people with lower winrates and quite frequently. and that is easily observed. > I highly doubt that the outcome will show that the MM-system is indeed that bad. It might not be perfect but it is definitely not gamebreaking. i wouldnt make that statement without hard proof. Even high elo players know that match making has problems. Example of match making problems include. Sometimes Challenger player is placed in a game of diamonds and hes expected to carry.. so as result he gets Low diamond players.. so because the diamond players are facing challenger.. they get all higher rated diamonds to balance it out. Fun part ????? the challenger player is auto filled as well on his offrole ?? now how is that for balancing.. this happens in lower elo as well in many forms and ways forexample. Aka the highest winrate player is off-roled yet system places him in a game he is expected to carry while also autofilled and all his laners have logically a higher chance to lose. this is just one example.
In high elo it's much more problematic, because sometimes there's not enough people queued up at one time to create a balanced game. In lower elos that is hardly ever a problem.
: How can you state that the Matchmaking-System needs to be fixed, if we don't know how it is working exactly? >... at the end of the day the element of chance will even out and skill will be the only determining factor setting you apart from other players, but when the element of chance is too high it all but eradicates the skill factor. "The end of the day" could be a very, very long time off depending on how many games you would have to play to remove the RNG factor. You need to prove that it would be a "very, very long time" till the "element of chance will even out". You can't make a Statement out of one game, do 100 more and then you might have a sufficient sample-size to make a valid Statement about the current Matchmaking-System. In my opinion there is no need to fix it, i rarely played with players far below my skilllevel in more than 100 games.
> [{quoted}](name=DoomXY,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=qTYE9X7a,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-05-01T07:55:13.863+0000) > You need to prove that it would be a "very, very long time" till the "element of chance will even out". > You can't make a Statement out of one game, do 100 more and then you might have a sufficient sample-size to make a valid Statement about the current Matchmaking-System. Exactly, from my experience ~300 games is almost always enough, and the op has already played a bit more than 300. I'm basing this not so much on my experience (I usually don't play that much), but that of other people, since I like to watch League content as well as analyze it statistically. Sure, once in a while you might get some unranked premades on your team, then after a while you might get similar people on the enemy team and then just stomp them without giving a second thought about it. It's called negativity bias.
Vonyalo (EUW)
: Just played with riot employees in my team
I checked your match history and there are no games with Rioters in them... Moreover, you've only been playing poro king and ARAM for more than a week now. What are you talking about even?
: Hey any chance u can check my last game with trynda? I was 12/5/9. We had baron, we had more drakes, I pressured alot top, I helped my team shut down their adc, I even got a quadra, we were just losing Teamfight.. what shouldve I done to win? :s
> [{quoted}](name=Socloseagain,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=G2VPALZR,comment-id=000800010000000000000001,timestamp=2017-04-21T15:42:30.489+0000) > > Hey any chance u can check my last game with trynda? I was 12/5/9. We had baron, we had more drakes, I pressured alot top, I helped my team shut down their adc, I even got a quadra, we were just losing Teamfight.. what shouldve I done to win? :s Okay, I'm gonna post this as I watch your replay. I'm also gonna enable fog of war so that I see things from your perspective. -As far as the first 11 minutes go, I don't honestly have much to say. I think once you didn't recall when you should have and kept hitting the tower instead, but other than that it seems solid. Your used your E quite randomly a few times in the early game and opened yourself up a bit, but nothing bad happened. As far as your skill usage goes in general, I can't see any real problems tbh. Then again, I'm not a Trynda expert. -I'm at 19 mins now and I don't really like how you keep chasing people instead of focusing on things that actually matter. At least that's the general impression I'm getting. This kind of playstyle makes it very easy to bait you into unafavourable positions. Not saying it's a big flaw in low Plat, but later it might become important. Obviously it's all more nuanced than I'm making it seem, but I'm just trying to generalize. -I like it by the way how you take the last wave near the Yasuo's tower and then go to their jungle, roam, try to flank, etc. That's exactly the right thing to do. -I'm at 23:30 and so far you've been making good decisions and teamfighting well in mid-game. You also make people chase you, which is a huge win in itself if you escape, which you do. I mean, so far you did a lot to help your team. -27 min, you take drake, and you have baron. You are also much stronger than everyone else. The enemy team is not behind though, you are the only one on your team that can duel all of them. -Now this fight happens, eh. I mean, it's really unfortunate. Lee goes out of position, then baits your team into a bad spot while getting killed. I actually think they got pretty lucky there. Most of the time when somebody gets caught they screw themselves over, now it was the opposite. Of course, when all 4 of you were really low you all had to do your best to escape instead of re-engaging, but then Ekko flashes, everyone gets confused, and shit happens. I wouldn't blame you there in the slightest. -At 33-34 min this bad 5v4 fight near the drake... First off, you had to go to the drake asap Instead of hanging around the river. Your team was about to get contested and they needed you. I really think you joined your team too late, and I do think it could have made a difference. Because of that they couldn't finish the drake fast enough and got engaged on - they didn't even get a chance to reposition themselves for the fight. Was it an easy decision to make? I don't know. After all usually nothing bad is gonna happen if you are a bit inefficient. But this time it did. You gotta be careful. -At 33:44 I think you missed a great opportunity. If I were you, I would have dashed through Lee and Ekko right on Xayah and used all my shit on her. Instead you chose to dash away. Then again, this is all about understanding the situation and making the right decision. It would not have been a very easy decision to make either, and of course I cannot know what would have happened if you did what I think would have been the right decision. I just think that considering how strong you were it was the single best decision given the situation. Now you end up dying and your team gets chased down and then they take the inhibitor. -Then you all leave the base without an inhibitor and pick up a fight that you absolutely cannot win. The right course of action would have been to either defend from the base or contest baron as 5 (if that's what they would be doing) while trying not to pick up a "fair" teamfight in general. I dunno who engaged there, but it doesn't really matter. -Overall, I do think this game was still pretty hard to win. But that happens. There are also games that are pretty hard to lose... Still, you played that better than your team, and certainly better than a normal P5 player in general. I think you can climb if you keep this up.
: I did press the record button in op.gg on few of my last games.. but it doesn't show up o,o no idea why. Btw can u give me some tips on yorick? I played 1 game against a nasus and i kind of dominated him and got 2 turrets, helped shut down enemy adc he was way ahead but somehow i threw the lead :S
Yeah, it doesn't seem to be working for some reason (op.gg)... About Yorick then: -At level 1 I usually just last hit things with my Q and see if I can do a small level 2 all-in with my ghouls and E if I can find the opportunity. Just care for their jungler. If you get the wave pushing towards them and think that their jungler might gank soon, make sure get the wave to their tower ASAP so it bounces back to you later on. In the meantime you can either chill if you still have a lot of hp and pots or recall. -If I'm up against a champion that wants to duel me early (think of Darius, Yasuo, Renekton...), I usually just let them push me in while trying to keep the wave close to my turret so that I can be safe and make it possible for my jungler to come. In case like this I also run full flat armour rune page with ad marks. If I feel that a lot of single target harassment or an early all-in is gonna come my way, I start with doran's shield as well instead of flask. Yorick is actually really weak early. -For masteries, I only use Grasp. If I feel that I'm gonna have to start with doran's shield, I also make sure to get some mana regen on the mastery page. If I feel that I still lack mana, I just get corrupting pot right after or spellthief's edge (Korean tactics). Getting an early Cull in a farm lane might also be a good idea. As for my first item, I get either TF or Iceborn. Iceborn is good if you are losing vs ad champion (not so good against Darius though, unless you get some hp beforehand (prolly bami's cinder)). If you are against ap, you can get early hexdrinker/specter's cowl (mercs too if needed) before completing TF. -If you get an early lead, make sure to freeze the wave near your tower and deny your lane opponent instead of perma-shoving. This is really important if you don't want them to be even in cs and exp. Make sure to have a lot of graves near your freeze spot so that you can immediately punish your opponent if they try to break the freeze. If they leave the lane, ping them out, wait until you can see them elsewhere, then push the wave to their tower, recall, then repeat. -After you take the first two towers (please, try not to get killed while doing it), either do the same with bot or group with your team (depends on the situation and whether you have your tp up). Since nothing is left top, just maintain the pressure there by shoving 1-2 waves (depending how far the next wave is) and then leaving. Sometimes you can raid the jungle in between. Don't get baited into fights on their side of the map while split-pushing, you are not Jax or Tryndamere. You can't one-shot people and you can't escape easily. In general, one of the big mistakes in split-pushing is picking up small, meaningless fights that make you waste your time/bait you in into an even bigger problem. In reality, split-pushing is more about maintaining pressure and seeing whether you can take towers (if you think nobody's gonna come). You need to keep your eye on the map. If you are fed, sometimes you can 1v2, but you need to know who's coming. -Be precise with your tp ganks. Yorick is actually a pretty bad tp ganker because of his kit. He is too easy to kite. -In teamfights, focus on peeling for your carries and zoning people with W. Their carries will usually kite you. -Again, the game is too complex and nuanced for general tips of the sort I just gave. You really need to think about what's going on and try to identify the most likely consequences of what you are doing... -Check this video of Diamond 5 Yorick getting coached: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9fIC08JvnU P.S. Ignore the matchmaking conspiracy theorists, they are like the Jehovah's witnesses of League.
: Welp, if they implement voice chat i suppose that just means ill have to unplug my mic and mute league every time i play. Cool with me but really an unnecessary nuisance.
> [{quoted}](name=Tulkas Astaldo,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=pOOWOYFy,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-04-10T21:31:52.048+0000) > > Welp, if they implement voice chat i suppose that just means ill have to unplug my mic and mute league every time i play. Cool with me but really an unnecessary nuisance. They said it would be opt-in... You wouldn't have to do any of that.
: Oh and also I`ll try to get some replays rolling in my op.gg so u can check whenever u are free and want to. I`ll probably PM u extra when I do.
> [{quoted}](name=Socloseagain,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=G2VPALZR,comment-id=00080001,timestamp=2017-04-10T13:42:16.631+0000) > > Oh and also I`ll try to get some replays rolling in my op.gg so u can check whenever u are free and want to. I`ll probably PM u extra when I do. Sure. If it's top lane, I can certainly give some comments.
: plz help me out // losing streak... how to improve?
The streak may be a combination of your own misplays and bad luck (or it may even mostly be bad luck), but if I were you I would be more worried about the fact that even before the losing streak you were at ~100 wins in 200 games, which strongly suggests that you belong around this elo right now. As a former D5, I doubt that you should be happy with that. I would also like to point out that you are right about these high elo players that "fly through ranks". I've seen plenty material on that. Even they tend to have short losing streaks sometimes, but in general they manage to consistently maintain a win rate of ~60-65% and get to Diamond in no more than 150 games on a fresh account. So far you have not been able to do that - quite far from it. And that is what I would call the real problem here. As for your match history, it is simply not enough to make any judgement. One would have to check on the replays as well to actually help you improve and identify the cause of the losses. The problem with general tips like "help your team if they are losing" is that even that stuff is game-relative. Sometimes the better idea is to focus on yourself even if your team is losing, depending on a number of factors. So what would actually be useful is not to follow a general tip, but try to identify when and why this general tip works. If you still want some advice based only on your match history, the obvious thing to point out is your usage of trinkets. I can only see the yellow one, but you kinda need to choose depending on how the game is playing out and what trinkets your team already has. I can also see a game where you had both an upgraded sightstone and yellow trinket as a support. That is not good. But that is really all I can say after a glimpse at your match history - match history isn't much. Now let me relate to my own experience, maybe you will find that helpful. As the season began, I started planning what I was gonna do in League in s7. And my plan was to play flex (mostly solo, sometimes duo) around the beginning of the season, solo queue around the end of the season and get Diamond in both. I also really liked Yorick, but I had no experience with him, so I thought I might just play flex with him in order to learn him in a more competitive environment than normals. So, I was mostly playing Yorick in flex. I got initially placed in Silver 2. Then I climbed to S1 and G5. Then I started skipping Divisions. I moved from G5 to G3, from G3 to G1, and ultimately from P5 to P3 and from P3 to P1. All that in around 100 games. Then I lost 10 games out of 12 and got demoted to P2. Then I had problems in P2 - for some reason I was getting errors way too often and right after the unfortunate losing streak my team had to remake because of me once, and then in the following game I connected too late and pretty much lost the game by not being able to catch up with the snowbally champ the enemies had. So I got pushed back pretty hard. Since I felt kinda unimpactful as Yorick in these games (and I kinda learned him properly anyway), I decided to switch to Singed - a champion that I actually KNOW how to play and my absolute main. I won then 8 games out of 10, mostly as Singed, which led to me getting back to P1 and even obtaining 74 lp there. So based on this experience, my advice is the following - if you want something more simple than actually trying to improve your game knowledge by studying some League coaches or w/e, try to remember what worked for you before and try to reproduce it. You've had plenty of games on Pantheon, whereas in your losing streak you have no games on him. If he's not in a worse spot right now, maybe switching back to him would work? Otherwise, you can try and learn some other champion (the way I did with Yorick) and then bring them to ranked once you are confident enough, so you have a larger pool of champions that you are really good with. Anyway, that's about as much as I can come up with.
Icepaw (EUNE)
: It dosent happen a few times.. it happens quite often. I suspect the reason for this are the amount of smurfs congesting the lower tiers, tricking the matchmaking system. The computer has to take into account the ELo of that specific account, not the player (smurf) behind it. And as long as the culture on theese boards are that smurfs are accepted, event though having multiple accounts are a bannable offense, then we will have an increased amount of stompfeast games. We could see it very easily last season, when "flexQ" was the main ranked one. It mixed alot of players from silver to platinum in one game, and the result was a high number of stompfeasts. (Showed here on the boards). Smurfs make the same toxic games, as they in their egocentric desire to be cooler than everyone else, play in ELOs they dont belong in, creating a higher number of theese games. Not the only reason fo cousre, but a high contributer.
> [{quoted}](name=Icepaw,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=uAtqGcpO,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2017-04-09T09:12:45.922+0000) > > It dosent happen a few times.. it happens quite often. I suspect the reason for this are the amount of smurfs congesting the lower tiers, tricking the matchmaking system. The computer has to take into account the ELo of that specific account, not the player (smurf) behind it. > > And as long as the culture on theese boards are that smurfs are accepted, event though having multiple accounts are a bannable offense, then we will have an increased amount of stompfeast games. We could see it very easily last season, when "flexQ" was the main ranked one. It mixed alot of players from silver to platinum in one game, and the result was a high number of stompfeasts. (Showed here on the boards). > > Smurfs make the same toxic games, as they in their egocentric desire to be cooler than everyone else, play in ELOs they dont belong in, creating a higher number of theese games. > > Not the only reason fo cousre, but a high contributer. I agree that smurfs contribute to the overall imbalance (they can either impede or hasten your progress, depending on whether you are getting them on your team or the enemy team), I just don't see that as something that would prevent anyone from climbing in a long run as long as they deserve to. Same goes for the fact that some games are impossible to win or lose (the inadequacy that the OP is talking about). Right now at least I have absolutely no doubt that if someone were to play ~500 games, they would end up extremely close to where they belong, be it Diamond or Silver/Gold, where most of the smurfing seems to take place. As for the so-called dynamic queue, I agree that at the beginning there was a lot of imbalance, but later on the Platinums climbed and the Silvers stayed where they belong. Then again, the balance problems did not end there, because Riot had to come up with matchmaking that would be able to properly match solo players against different kinds of premades. This used to cause a lot of imbalance, but right now I believe it is better after having played flex quite a bit (mostly solo). Still, there is plenty of people in flex that are not in their right elo just yet. I have played with and against a number of players from Challenger and Master there just because they are at D5 right now in flex, so I would say if you wanna play flex without having too many unfair games, give it some time. Since solo queue is played a lot by everyone, it is in a more balanced state overall.
: Playing League does not feel like "playing"
Big deal, we all know that happens sometimes since it's a team game. If you are trying to make a point here, I don't see what it is.
Febos (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Desastrus,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=scBTGLG8,comment-id=0004000200000000,timestamp=2017-04-03T17:21:01.013+0000) > > And when somebody says that there is some sudden greater increase in skill gap between what just happens to correspond to say top 98,2% and 99,57%, you simply gotta ask for some adequate explanation. Why these particular divisions? Hum, I understand what you are saying. When I chose those particular ratings it's not meant to say that if you go from Diamond 2 to Diamond 1 you've suddenly improved tenfold. Actually, the difference between Diamond 2 0 LP is not that much from Diamond 1 0 LP. However, I believe you will find a big difference between a Diamond 2 0 LP and Diamond 1 80+ LP; even greater from Diamond 5 0 LP and the latter. Yes, skill level is a continum and not a few peaks here and there. I chose Division 1 to mark the next step from cluster to cluster. A Bronze 1 is not that different from a Silver 5; same goes for pretty much every other rating. However, to get to Division 1, you need to actively try to reach that point and I doubt anyone just wants to sit at Division 1 (unless you are like me and don't care). With that in mind, it makes sense to cluster Tier X Division 1 with Tier Y Division 5 through 3. I left out Division 2 in most of the different clusters for the reason you mentioned. Division 3 and 2 are "the missing link". I strongly believe that Bronze 1..Gold 3 is not all that different. When you get to Gold 2, you aren't automatically xTimes better than a Gold 3, but you are xTimes better than a Bronze 1, even though I say Bronze 1 and Gold 3 "are the same". They really aren't, but when you look at player improvement, the difference isn't all that big (at least compared to the jump from Diamond 3 to Master).
I mean, if you put it that way I can see that we both agree on how the ladder functions in general. The problem really arises when one tries to identify some actual skill gaps between different tiers/divisions. For example, take this idea of B1 against G3 and D3 vs Master. Suppose you had B1 team vs G3 team and the other 2 against each other. My prediction would be that B1 would win maybe 10% of their games while D3 around 30%. Can I prove it? No. Can I disprove the contrary? No. It's all based on how I perceive the game. I could try to convince you that I am "competent" or something of that sort, but that is still much worse compared to having direct epistemic access to the object of our discussion that would allow us to verify or falsify our claims at least to some degree. An unfortunate stopping point.
Febos (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Desastrus,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=scBTGLG8,comment-id=00040002,timestamp=2017-04-03T15:18:58.463+0000) > > "Gold 1..Diamond 3 is all the same thing. Only a small variance in skill." > That's wrong. There is a big difference between Gold 1 and Diamond 3. I would argue that it's not quite as big as it is between say Bronze 1 and Gold 3, but it is way bigger than "just a small variance". I realize I should have worded that differently. When I said "there's small variance in skill", I meant mechanical skill. However, there are plenty of people in Diamond 5 and 4 with the same map awarness as some Gold 1. It all comes down to consistency and how much you play. > When it comes to these non-mechanical aspects, I don't think the difference can be reasonably disputed. But maybe I've not seen enough gameplay from both mmrs. The low Diamond gameplay I usually see is just as good as Platinum. I still think that it's easier to go from Gold 1 to Diamond 3 than it is to go from Diamond 3 to Master. Correct me on that, if I'm wrong.
Well, in order to be able to correct you, I would have to know that you are wrong, which I don't. These things are overall pretty speculative and our experiences/perceptions of them are subjective. What I would tell you though is that if I had a million Euros and I would have to do a bet on either somebody who is G1-good climbing to Diamond 3 and somebody who is D3-good climbing to Master at least at SOME point during the course of 1000 games (if none or both succeed I get my money back), 900k of my money would go on the D3 going to Master. People like to think that there are some big sudden variations in skill gap between certain close divisions (D4 not that great, but D2 is already good, just to give an example), but I don't really buy into that (there is such difference only between different 5th divisions and the ones near them because of how Riot tuned their tier demotion/promotion system). I see the ladder as a more proper continuum. For example, there is a streamer called SickMotion. He plays ~2000 ranked games every season, and every season at one point or another he gets to play in both D5 and Master, while most of the time moving around D3. Of course, none of us plays consistently, but I just don't believe that his gameplay changes so radically (from what I have seen it does not) that would allow us to accept the view that Master is just great while D5 is still kind of garbo. When you think about the player base distribution, Diamond 3 with 0 lp is higher than 99,57% of the player base, while Master is higher than 99,9% of it (for the record, Diamond 5 is above 98,2%). Gold 1 is above 89,3% (all the stats taken from NA). In terms of sheer number of players, the gap between Gold 1 and Diamond 3 is almost 27 times greater than the gap between Diamond 3 and Master. Of course, this does not mean that the player's skill level is a 1:1 correlative of their standing on the ladder. I don't believe that. But there is certainly a strong correlation between the two - one that I think people don't consider well enough. And when somebody says that there is some sudden greater increase in skill gap between what just happens to correspond to say top 98,2% and 99,57%, you simply gotta ask for some adequate explanation. Why these particular divisions? Why not say 97,5% and 98,8%? I think a case could be made here for pro players, since it is their job to keep brandishing their skills and stay around the peak, but that's already Challenger or high Master at very least. There I could imagine a sudden statistical deviance in the correlation between one's rank and skill level, but otherwise I'm inclined to be skeptical.
Febos (EUW)
: Well, first things first. If a Diamond 5 insults a Platinum 1 for being "lower rank", you can just ignore whatever that human says aftewards. Gold 1..Diamond 3 is all the same thing. Only a small variance in skill. That being said, you don't need to justify yourself. You play the game as you normally would and let your actions speak for yourself. *** It's true that some of us in West have a "negative" view towards Nordic/East. But it happens within our server too. So many times I see trash talk between nations; usually towards French and Spanish people. If I'm matched with a French or Spanish players, I instantly assume they'll be playing badly, even though they were matched with me, so they should be on the same skill level. This doesn't go just for those cases. When someone talks too much during champion select, I assume the match will be less enjoyable (that's also how I can spot French/Spanish/German/...). Like I said above, you should let their actions speak for themselves. I don't say anything in chat though and sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised. *** What you should take from what I said is this: no matter who you are, or where you're from, there'll be players that will judge you upfront. Some are silent, like me; others not so much. I've played with and against Bronze who were as good as Gold (maybe smurfs, but probably not); I've also played with and against Diamond who were as good as Bronze (maybe boosted, but probably not). If someone talks shit BEFORE you have a chance to "prove" yourself, then those people aren't worth your consideration. Just proceed like you normally would: mute/ignore, play and report. *** ######Just to clarify. I don't mean to offend EUNE players, nor any rank or nationallity. Those are my personal stereotypes, but I don't say anything until I see what they are capable of. Even then, I don't insult anyone based on that.
"Gold 1..Diamond 3 is all the same thing. Only a small variance in skill." That's wrong. There is a big difference between Gold 1 and Diamond 3. I would argue that it's not quite as big as it is between say Bronze 1 and Gold 3, but it is way bigger than "just a small variance". The reason why you may not be noticing it is because the difference is not so much in the mechanics anymore. From my experience (and I have been spectating League games of all elos (mostly daily) for 4 years now), there is plenty of people in high Gold that could climb higher given their mechanics, but are unable to due to their lack of game knowledge, decision-making, map awareness, and other things that you may not notice, since they are not as obvious (unless of course you have the game understanding of a high elo player). I have also played with and against plenty of people from both elos and there is a great deal of difference in how they play mid-game and late-game, how they make use of the time and the resources available, how they prioritize objectives, how they close their games, etc. When it comes to these non-mechanical aspects, I don't think the difference can be reasonably disputed.
Enjutsu (EUNE)
: I just wonder what's your understanding on how it works.
> [{quoted}](name=Enjutsu,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=f94dUjul,comment-id=0001000100010000,timestamp=2017-03-30T12:42:16.694+0000) > > I just wonder what's your understanding on how it works. I don't know what his understanding is on how it works, but I can tell you how another kind of "system" works: 1. Play hundreds and hundreds of games. 2. Get stuck in low elo (Bronze, Silver, Gold - however you define it). 3. Get unhappy. 4. Trigger all the possible biases - Dunning-Kruger, negativity bias, and so on - to delude yourself into thinking that you are not the reason as to why you can't climb any higher (after all it can be hard to comprehend your own incompetence - that is the whole idea behind Dunning-Kruger). 5. Come up with a nice self-serving conspiracy theory that cannot be verified or falsified, but would justify your losses in some emotionally more appealing way than "I'm not good enough to climb". 6. Cherry-pick some stats to back up your claim. 7. You are good to go. Now preach! In all honesty, that is usually not my way of posting, but I am getting sick of this delusional community. Just for the record, I have recently spectated a game of one of these poor souls. And guess how much better they were than their actual elo. You guessed it. Also, a shout-out to the a$$hat that downvoted every single polite post of yours because they happened to disagree with it. P.S. @ the OP - I'm not necessarily talking about you (I've seen plenty others), although you may find some points applicable.
: "if u are good u will climb " line use by many forum user
> [{quoted}](name=Darkpang,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=HmWcEKsR,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-04-02T04:57:48.801+0000) > > "if u are good u will climb " > although this is true to an extend , the main question is how much better u need to be for you to actually climb I guess if you are say 0,05% better than your current elo, it's not likely that that will make any difference, and the reason you might climb or fall a bit from there will be entirely luck based, but that's just an example. It is very hard to come up with some actual numbers here. > and say their team is what the base line of the players in that elo your are in . > your whole team need to better to win and for you to climb , > see the issue ????? > you can be better than where you are and simply stuck ,because you are not that much better to solo cary yet in theory you should climb That only applies though if you really aren't that much better... You can hardly expect the system in this game to be this accurate (to notice a 1% difference). By the way, this works both ways. Suppose you get to where you belong. Then your wins and losses be mostly based on luck. So if you get lucky with a few wins, you can actually be higher than where you belong. And your example would apply in that case as well: you would not be bad enough to fall. So rather than getting you to a specific elo, this system gets you to small _range _of elos it where you can possibly play. > but you often see people reply " elo hell dont exist if you are a plat + player you can solo carry and climb out of there in no time " > yes thats true , is easy for a **Plat+** plus to solo carry and get out of bronze but that does not imply to say sliver players or even low gold player > myself for instance you if you drop me back to brozne 5 and tell me to climb out yeah i probably will, **Eventually **. That is the whole point though. If Riot had some more accurate criteria for determining elo instead of raw amount of wins, they would be able to identify a good player more easily (although they claim they still have some measures for doing it). While idealistically desirable, this sort of system is unfortunately not feasible and Riot stated that on a number of occasions. > And for epople who think low elo player have weak skill which is kind of a common thing to "oh you can out play them they are bronze if you are trully better you win be 10/0 and snowball them " > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iiUvm668eU&t=682s > here a video by ghost to lane(GTL) showing a brozne player in a diamond game , did he get rek and snowball ?? **No ** > so when higher elo players before you laugh at low elo player's post , think of a reason first and not just i am higher elo i must be right , that's not a valid argument This video is just one example - the gap between Bronze and Diamond is just huge. If you put a player that really belongs in Bronze in an actual Diamond game, they are very likely to either be stomped or outrotated later on. I don't believe it would always happen, but most of the time for sure. I have watched some streamers play smurfs in lower elo games, and I have also seen series of Youtube videos of Bronze 5 to Diamond done by a low Diamond player. To get to Diamond 4 all the way from Bronze 5 it took him 270 games. From my experience, if you play ~300 games you will almost certainly end up close to where you belong. Play more, and you will likely end up even closer to that.
blackborg (EUNE)
: Matchmaking health status: broken
I love how you posted this in "bug reports" without caring to do a slightest bit of research on how different ranked queues function. To put it simply, the post by The Febos is a decisive refutation of your claim about matchmaking being broken, at least in this respect. The only sensible thing that you could complain about here is why Riot made the mmr reset so hard in flex, but that obviously has nothing to do with matchmaking being flawed in itself. If you find this unbearable, just play some other queue for now - flex will get more balanced once everyone gets to where they actually belong. Give it some time.
: In my experience, gold players are much better when it comes to personal performance than higher ranked players. Platinum and above are better at knowing when to do what and where to be at what time. Gold players are usually much better duelists, but falls far off when it comes to teamplay overall and teamfights. They're also a lot more arrogant than their higher ranked opponents, which means much higher tilt potential.
> [{quoted}](name=Twinity Ferce,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=j8z9sp3n,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-03-25T06:18:36.828+0000) > > In my experience, gold players are much better when it comes to personal performance than higher ranked players. Platinum and above are better at knowing when to do what and where to be at what time. > > Gold players are usually much better duelists, but falls far off when it comes to teamplay overall and teamfights. They're also a lot more arrogant than their higher ranked opponents, which means much higher tilt potential. I wouldn't say it's all about teamfights, though. In general, I think, your comment is spot on, but what I believe to be an even bigger problem for Gold players than their teamfighting is their decision making and game knowledge. So, as you put it, it is more about knowing "when to do what and where to be at what time". From my experience, at least in high Gold there are mechanically decent players that are somewhat good at trading, but as a Diamond even if you lose the lane, you can still win the game due to your superior macro play and game knowledge. So I'd like OP to consider whether that is not the case in his games.
Hantusa (EUW)
: If you are going to be willfully naive there's little point even debating with you. It's common knowledge that mmr matching works by having "even" teams until you've been placed, then based on your number of wins you go against "better" enemies, but after a while that includes getting worse team mates. Now you can suck the ol deek of rito's all day long trying to claim that's a mental state, it happens to frequently for it to be coincidence.., even with your fairytale mathematics! Point being the system is obviously made to stiffle some players, while others go free, yes skill does play a factor.., but that should also be the ONLY factor outside of actual game related statistics! Mmr should be locked to divisions, so you wouldn't need to have a team of mixed bronze / silvers (w/e really) vs a mixed team of gold / silvers. Now you can spout all that garbage we've heard a trillion times before about mmr and how that ensures you are equal. A simple thing like experience through playing games, or warding or objectives taken per game etc etc are not part of the mmr, so unless you play vs dogshit when you get grouped with players who don't even know wards exist and get camped 10 kills in a row inside of 10min, or a player keeps diving an enemy tower because it was "close" 5 deaths ago.., that's where your mmr stops working. Sigh, don't even know why I bother getting into these debates.
First of all, I am not here to debate you, I was just curious what you meant by that. Second, if "willfully naive" means "unwilling to accept certain self-serving conspiracy theories", then sure as hell I am. Thank you for your response.
Hantusa (EUW)
: You miss the point entirely, there's no reason why these default loss streaks should even happen, it is entirely possible to match players against people at their own level, and still people would end up where they deserve. These tilt enducing streaks serve 0 purpose other than aggrevate and piss people off, which in turn leads to.., you guessed it, flaming!
> [{quoted}](name=Hantusa,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=E4thEvWM,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2017-03-18T18:00:23.577+0000) > > You miss the point entirely, there's no reason why these default loss streaks should even happen, it is entirely possible to match players against people at their own level, and still people would end up where they deserve. > > These tilt enducing streaks serve 0 purpose other than aggrevate and piss people off, which in turn leads to.., you guessed it, flaming! if you play hundreds and hundreds of games, it is mathematically improbable that you will not have some big losing (or indeed winning) streaks. My question then is, what "default" streaks are you even talking about here?
: > how likely is it that you are THAT unlucky non-zero probability. by far enough
> [{quoted}](name=BucZOtwocka,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=E4thEvWM,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2017-03-18T17:11:35.629+0000) > > non-zero probability. by far enough Think pragmatically then. You cannot influence your luck, but you can influence your performance. Focus on that. I'm talking from experience here. In season 5 I used to stomp top lane pretty much every game and wonder why I'm still losing half of the time (I was Gold 2 back then). Now I know it was the lack of my game knowledge. My macro play was lacking, I did not know advanced minion wave mechanics, etc. Maybe I was unlucky as well after all, but once I learned more about the game, my climbing has become extremely consistent. I believe that's the only way to go.
: if i do not solocarry i do not deserve to win.
If you managed to get to Platinum and then drag your mmr all the way down to Gold 5, you are either the unluckiest guy in the universe (assuming that you do belong in Platinum) or it is ultimately your fault. Or it could be a bit of both. But then again, you are not feeling responsible for it "in the slightest", so it can only be the former. A couple of things to think about: how likely is it that you are THAT unlucky and how certain are you that you are an adequate and impartial judge of your own performances?
znojus (EUNE)
: Do you blame jungler when you lose?
Pelmorr (EUW)
: gold 1 struggle
It is always a bit harder to climb to a new tier rather than just a division, because once you are there, you get some serious protection against dropping out. My advice would be to play comfort picks only for the time being and see where that gets you. Unfortunately, if you aren't much better than Gold 1, this might take a while.
: > [{quoted}](name=Wadud92,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=p7BTmaAg,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-03-17T02:22:25.838+0000) > > What about Schrödinger's Riven? She is both the worst and the best player on your team well its a fact, regardless if u observe her or not. nothing about Schrödinger's theory here
> [{quoted}](name=Worst Kid EUW,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=p7BTmaAg,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2017-03-17T16:08:11.891+0000) > > well its a fact, regardless if u observe her or not. nothing about Schrödinger's theory here It is not a theory, it was actually meant as a reductio ad absurdum argument against the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics.
Not xPeke (EUW)
: no it doesnt? If you win your first promo game and lose your 2nd promo game you go from 100-x depending on how much LP you lose x loss. You don't go over 100 points so unless you lose the first game and win the next you will always be on a 2 loss LP value after failing your promos.
That's pretty strange. Any sources? Edit: I always thought you still go over 100, it just isn't displayed on your profile that you do (so 99 + 20 = 119 (though it still says 100), and then 2 losses, which means 119 - 20 - 20 = 79). You sure that is not the case?
AsherUA (EUW)
: If you're playing flex queue - it doesn't have stable matchmaking yet since this is its first season. People can be gold/plat in solo, but in flex be placed in silver/bronze. If this is about solo - than you've pretty good mmr if you play vs plat/dia as well as your teammates which just ended up in bronze (as you say) after unlucky placements. As for roles - I'm queueing for mid as primary and support as secondary and I get mid most of the time.
> [{quoted}](name=Asher2406,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=aUKEORiE,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-03-11T21:34:55.189+0000) > > If you're playing flex queue - it doesn't have stable matchmaking yet since this is its first season. People can be gold/plat in solo, but in flex be placed in silver/bronze. If this is about solo - than you've pretty good mmr if you play vs plat/dia as well as your teammates which just ended up in bronze (as you say) after unlucky placements. > > As for roles - I'm queueing for mid as primary and support as secondary and I get mid most of the time. I took my time to click on his last 20 games in solo queue and there was literally nobody from Gold or higher there - it was all just Silver and Bronze. So yeah, he's talking about flex. I completely agree with your explanation there.
Wolferk (EUNE)
: Why NERF AATROX 7.5???
38% win rate in the top lane and 35% in the jungle in Plat+ since patch 7.5 (champion.gg). It's official: he's the worst champion in the game at this very moment.
: Is there a big difference between gold 1-2?
Your division per se is actually meaningless, it's all about mmr. Now, of course different mmr's correspond to different divisions (at least theoretically), but in practice one can have Gold 2 mmr and be Gold 1, and vice versa. That actually happens all the time. So it's pretty hard to talk about any actual difference unless you know your exact mmr, which is not possible. But, as most people said, it's gradual and there is probably no big difference between any 2 neighbouring divisions. As for your stats, I looked you up on op.gg and there's something definitely not right. I'll make it clear first that generally I don't buy into all the "bad matchmaking" explanations (from my experience, it's almost always denial, negativity bias, Dunning-Kruger, etc. - I've been through that myself). Don't pay too much attention to the patterns (Gold 2 being "easy", Gold 1 being "hard"), they are almost certainly meaningless. Focus on your own gameplay, try to see if there is anything you can improve. Being Plat 2 in one season and then ending up with low Gold mmr after 150 games in the next one is certainly not normal. Try to reproduce what you did to get to Plat 2 in the first place. How about playing some Sivir and Illaoi again? You had good win rate with these champions. On a quick sidenote, beginning of the season is always harder than the end. Right now a Gold V 0 lp player is higher than 74% of the player base. At the end of any season, Gold 5 0 lp s usually only above 63% or so. That also adds up.
: ***
Edit: Okay, whatever. Just tried him out for myself and I must conclude that he's a pile of trash right now. Not only is he weaker (which can be fixed, so it's whatever), but I also think that his kit still has most of the old problems with a few additional new ones. Time to wait for the proper rework...
: It's consistent with other abilities of its kind. Same with shaco clone and morde ghost if their target has dropped out of vision they will find a new target or just become idle. And it isn't continuous damage... it's just treated as an auto attack... even if it was treated as a tether it's still consistent, they don't give vision of the target so if your target ducks into a bush you wouldn't get vision of them regardless of which tether it is. And it's a simple thing to fix. The maiden is coded to respond if you enter combat nearby. If the maiden loses its target simply engage the target physically and the maiden should reengage.
> [{quoted}](name=swampert919,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=5W1yQgNZ,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-03-01T22:27:00.830+0000) > > It's consistent with other abilities of its kind. Same with shaco clone and morde ghost if their target has dropped out of vision they will find a new target or just become idle. > > And it isn't continuous damage... it's just treated as an auto attack... even if it was treated as a tether it's still consistent, they don't give vision of the target so if your target ducks into a bush you wouldn't get vision of them regardless of which tether it is. > > And it's a simple thing to fix. The maiden is coded to respond if you enter combat nearby. If the maiden loses its target simply engage the target physically and the maiden should reengage. About the way damage is dealt - point taken. Then I would say that the maiden's attack should simply reveal the target as long as it's getting attacked (here I mean the attack animation). The crucial difference between morde ghost/shaco clone and the maiden is that you can still control them and send them after the enemy. In case of Yorick's ultimate, it just acts on its own. As for your last point, that is correct, but it is not always feasible. For example, in certain clutch scenarios you want to get away from the enemy while your ult is doing the work or, as it was in my case, the enemy dashed away and the ult abandoned me before I could re-engage them. I know it is very situational, but fixing it this way would prevent the Yorick player from the inevitable frustration when it does happen.
Show more

Desastrus

Level 41 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion