Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Santastic APR,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=fwiFqBfI,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2016-11-22T12:45:03.183+0000) > > Lol so why don't you play dota??? again with this shit... im speaking for the game's health in the long run because i paid about 270$+ on league as well as dota and im a general fan of both. but league is kinda falling behind. because new releases are becoming similar and similar. with a problem that affects all melee champs that make up for what? 50% of the champion pool?
Im sorry, but releases becoming similar? Since when? LOL is a different game from DOTA, it focuses more on other areas of the game than DOTA. And Riot should really not experiment with this game like that. LOL is not falling behind in any way either, in terms of MOBA playerbase, it is still number one. It has its problems, but suchs sweeping changes cannot be introduced into LOL.
: Look, SoloQ is back, what a surprise.
It IS a surprise, because again, look at what happened last season.
AstralDream (EUNE)
: Community is really not the forums, but all the players and most of them is not posting anything. The few that wanted dynamic quene or flex should be ignored whatsoever. Riot is starting to make biggest mistake ever and that is listening to the so called community. Riot should ignore most of the community and focus on making balance of the game better, and improving the game overall. I could even say that game is going downhill cause Riot listens to community and tries to please everyone, that is a big mistake on their part.
Yes, don't listen to the community. That always ends well. /s Hey, Jagex, Blizzard, how did that plan end up for you?
: Is the Community Going Downhill?
They remade the champions, but this does not mean they were improved. Akali, shaco, fizz, rengar, kha, all come into mind. I seriously do not remembr any upvoted threads that asked for more player rankeds. Furthermore people did not like it, because it was the only choice for a time and it had serious matchmaking problems (And still does). Community asked for soloq (A year ago, but lets ignore that little detail). We got it, but i am yet to see unhappy people, besides those few who complain about mathmaking problems, which are a real problem. And pointing out real problems is being elitist and demanding? Seriously, this is asskissing thread for Riot. Yes, they did good things, and people can see those, but they can also complain about bad things. What, should we now all shut up and ignore the bad things? And RIOT are the ones who made the community adverse to change, because they are the ones who fuck up with changes. Entire season of experimenting with DQ and the community. Experimental reworks of champions that clearly would not work, even on paper. Furthermore, when RIOT fucks up with changes, we are stuck with them, because they almost never remove their bad changes and instead ignore them.
Eambo (EUW)
: Solo/Duo Queue - Now Active in EUNE and EUW!
Well, i am surprised, Riot did not lie for once. Good for them.
Faca5 (EUW)
: whats the point in solo-q if i still can be matched with and against 2+3 teams from flex-q ? its the same as old dynamic-que, just without the 4ppl premades...... awesome.... if someone knows how to fuck up ranked in lol, its riot, gj riot
Wait, you can still be matched with 3 man premades?
LA Losty (EUW)
: You do realise Riot already stated that its comming out in 6.22? I believe its already out on some servers and its only delayed on the remaining servers due to the mmr issues. I would rather wait and have a functioning queue instead of flex fiesta 2.0. Do some research instead of complaining.
And last season they stated that it was coming after a week - month and then after 6 months states that it is not coming at all. So sooooory if i don't trust someone who lied IN THE SAME WAY before.
VVhizzkid (EUW)
: When does solo/duoq exactly appear?
At this rate? Never, the same shit happened last season.....
Rachnera (EUW)
: ETA or something on Solo/Duo Queue?
At this rate, basically, never. This happened last season already.....
: >You being here and saying that simply did not happen Now THAT is a lie! I never said that. Please prove your point.
> Because of this, we can conclude that Riot doesn't purposefully ingore your needs, > and breaks the promises they didn't have to make in the first place.
: #I AM NOT DENYING THAT RIOT FUCKED UP! I am NOT trying to stop you from posting your hate comments, all I want to do is offer you a reasonable explanation. --- I'm getting tired... What do you want to hear from me ? Cause I don't know what the fuck I'm saying that makes you all so mad. --- LITERALLY ALL that I'm trying to say is that maybe, just maybe we should wait what will happen instead of posting your forecast and hating on Riot before anything happened! But I have a feeling that the drama is much more exciting, people don't care about a logical reason, they** want** to believe that Riot is evil and that SoloQ will never happen. --- PLEASE, just please spend 2 minutes, and give me a thought through answer to what exactly I am doing wrong right now. Read my posts again if you want. I GENUINELY DO NOT UNDERSTAND what I did to get responses like that...
We waited for a YEAR ALREADY! A FUCKING YEAR! That is how long ago SQ was promised to us! If we wait longer then nothing will happen because while we wait Riot will give 0 fucks. People don't want to believe, they are LEAD to believe because THIS happened before! It is called actual logical reasoning while looking at the past and comparing it to the present. If this same bullshit did not happen a year ago, there would be no anger or anything like this, but it did. Riot lied, they broke promises, they provided bad service and they did not care about the needs of players. You being here and saying that simply did not happen (Despite the fact that it did) is simply insulting and dishonest and looks like simple shilling.
: >Could you stop lying? Where the hell am I lying ? I'm not even trying to defend Riot here, I'm trying to defend reason :D --- I don't think you get my point here... Why did Riot promise SoloQ, if they knew they would cancel it from the start ? It would be much smarter to just say "this is ranked now, enjoy" with the release of Dynamic Q, if that was truly their plan all along...
> Because of this, we can conclude that Riot doesn't purposefully ingore your needs, > and breaks the promises they didn't have to make in the first place. > They said they will bring back SQ last year, then kept saying that they will bing it back but there are "problems" and it has to be delayed. They purposfully ignored parts of the community that wanted SQ (Just like they did with normal draft). They provided a bad service and did not care about it. They did all of those things, conclussion, either you "forgot" about them or are simply lying for the great Riot overlords.
Eambo (EUW)
: I kinda like this graphic that Cactopus put together. He did a lot of research, huge amount of time dedicated to this, and it really shows: http://imgur.com/a/9mErK Real talk though - we're not holding out on Solo Queue for any reason other than we want to make sure things are ready. As has been said elsewhere we had planned for the 14th of November, but we removed that date to give us some room incase there were issues - and there were (MMR issues). Once we're confident that Solo/Duo isn't going to break, it'll be out. For what it's worth, it's actually been enabled in Japan as they don't have draft or flex, but it suffered from similar MMR issues so we wanted to iron all this out first. We know there's a lot of mistrust around this, and the feeling that we're going to cancel it, but I assure you it's coming as soon as we're confident it's not going to fall over - we want to release it as much as you guys want it, but we don't want it leaving a sour taste in your mouth if it has issues upon release :-( We really don't want this release to slip past 6.22, and we're trying to ensure we hit that deadline. On the other side though, releasing something that doesn't live up to your expectations can be equally as bad (The MMR re-placements was extremely shitty, and we know that).
Oh suuuuure, just like last season SQ also encountered "problems" that "continued" until "sadly" you got rid of it. Instead of words (That are currently empty since Riot has shown how much they can lie) could you move to actions? I wonder how you can fuck up a que that was already active FOR YEARS when you bring it back.....
Perilum (EUW)
: 5€ that you rip us off like last time!!!
You can bet higher. Delays again, we will have another delay when that patch hits, then a week delay then a month. Then 4 months or so of silence, until SQ is canned again for that abomination called dynamic, opps "flex" que.
: What you should do is stop crying about Riot games and enjoy playing it. Competitive players can use this flex queue for practice new meta/champs and be better when soloq is abble to play. We all want the soloq queue, but you wont earn anything creating this, play, enjoy & practice more champs.
Well i enjoy playing soloq, not the abomination that is dynamic, oops, sorry "flex" que. But i can't. And considering what they pulled last year, well it is not even sure that SQ is even coming back.
: You will have to acknowledge that you have very little to no insight into what Riot is doing internally. You are not working for Riot, so you really can't know what the reasons for each little decision are. Common sense can help us here. Providing a bad service, and making players unhappy is NOT going to make them spend money on League of Legends. Because of this, we can conclude that Riot doesn't purposefully ingore your needs, and breaks the promises **they didn't have to make in the first place.**
> You will have to acknowledge that you have very little to no insight into what Riot is doing internally. You are not working for Riot, so you really can't know what the reasons for each little decision are. Well i apologise that those things are so SECRET that Riot can NEVER dislose them to ANYONE outside the company! I mean it is so hard to be trasparent and to talk to the community /s > > Common sense can help us here. Providing a bad service, and making players unhappy is NOT going to make them spend money on League of Legends. > > Because of this, we can conclude that Riot doesn't purposefully ingore your needs, > and breaks the promises they didn't have to make in the first place. Last year, DQ. Could you stop lying? Because they DID break promises, because they DID ignore the needs of the community and because they DID provide a bad service while making players unhappy. Why? Because i can use common sense and see that they banked on DQ bringing in the casual crowd to fill their pockets, other games went casual route too, we saw how they went and what they wanted. At the same time they said "fuck you" to the core community because they thought they would get enough casuals to replace the revenue cost. We have seen this dance with other companies already, it is not new, and we know the results and reasons of the other dances. Like the one Riot pulled off last year.
cløZED (EUNE)
: cLoudeXe (Riot Games Player Support) said: Hey Summoner, I'm sorry to hear you're becoming frustrated with the flex queue but no worries, Solo/Duo Q will be available soon, if not in the preseason, when the new season starts it will definitely be up. Let me know if you have any questions. Best regards, Riot Games Player Support So dont worry ppl they just dont give a fuck about you :D They will lie and lie and lie you till the end of the season 7 :D
Then they will say sorry and do the same shit all over again. Its like Peter Molyneux in a company form. Lie -> Apologize -> Lie -> Apologize -> Lie.
: No, I would try to approach players in an honest way, as far as that is possible. I believe that a lot of the hate Riot gets is because players have no clue what's going on. And if they have no clue, they start assuming the worst - _"Riot lied to us from the beginning"_ --- Because of that, improving communication is something that I would put a lot of priority on, because as a player, I saw the same disappointments you saw. As a Volunteer though, there's even more to notice, and to get mad about :P Many people claim we're only defening Riot, calling us all kinds of names... But at the end of the day, being a Volunteer makes you notice what Riot really struggles with.
It is not only about no communication, it is about what they did in the past. Again, this shit, happened last season, in the SAME WAY. Maybe people would trust Riot more if they actually talked and you know, did not lie? Riot really does not struggle with anything, they just refuse to do what is needed. They say they will do it (Increase communication), but never do it.
Eveninn (EUW)
: Payback time, lets call call guys 'cuties'! :3 Well, I say that to anyone anyway. <.<
apples33 (EUW)
: Okay, thats it. I don't understand guys.
Just don't say your gender, that is all. It carries no importance to the game and noone needs to know that.
: Will you come back here to this post when it will be introduced?
That's cute. You still trust them after what they pulled last year. No, i will not come back, if they actually bring it back (Unlikely considering this very SAME BULLSHIT happened last year) then i will play it. Should we be grateful for them fixing what they fucked up themselves? No, because they fucked it up themselves. IF this bullshit did not happen last season i would have more faith, but it is identical.
: Looks like you may be adressing me. The funny thing is, there also is a ton-shit of "GIB GIB GIB" posts here. Do you condem these too? Anyways, I dont know when SoloQ comes, he doesnt know, boards doesnt know, Rioters dont know and probably the SoloQ developers dont know exactly either. I dont see the worth of throwing poo when it does nothing to speed up the process and is mainly venting. Which is Reddit-tier behaviour itself. If you are in charge and responsible for big changes (which Riot in this case is), it's a far more difficult position to be in than just opening arms and receiving the goodies while criticizing the gifter. Which is exactly why they dont prompted a date. The witchhunt if they did not meet it would have been insane.
We know, it is simply not coming. Let us look at what happened last season. Looks familiar? It's a fucking identical situation. People would not be as mad if the last season bullshit did not happen. Basically, Riot made their bed, now they have to lie in it. And lie they will.
: Basically what Stahlvormund said... Sure, people can be mad that Riot doesn't give clear ETAs... But if I was in Riot's shoes, I'd probably do the same. Cause if anything changes your deadline, the shitstorm from you will be even worse than it is this way. The risk of giving fixed deadlines is simply not worth it.
Like Riot, you would probably lie too. This looks far too familiar to what happened last season..... But hey, nothing new here......
: > Give us a date, or a range of dates, stop saying "soon", this just upsets people making them feeling flouted. And when they can't keep that date, will you come back here and create another thread?
Considering what happened last season......
BluMox (EUW)
: Riot, stop saying "soon", we want real answers
Well, seeing what happpened last year, get ready to play only dynamic, whoops i mean "flex" que.
: "99%" this post is cringe worthy. I am one of those who defend toxic behaviour,because riot created a mute button that makes every toxic player useless,some people enjoy trash talking,some others don't,it depends on your mental state,and we can't force everyone to be nice. and about the singed guy,he found his own meta,and he abused his main champion,is that a crime? is there even a report for such a thing? "player not playing meta,must be trolling"? TL;DR: grow the fuck up,play the fucking game and stop complaining about every single minor thing that you don't like.
No he did not find his own meta, check his "support" singed winrates. And i mean "support" singed, not overall singed winrates.
: > [{quoted}](name=Martensitic,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=4Ehl7Bid,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-11-16T08:39:56.211+0000) > > **TylerT1 you defended because hes a Youtube-fame-something.** > >how many thousands of socially incompetent fanboys he has. Downvoted and stopped reading after this. It's not worth to read this thread, because you aren't interested in a discussion anyway. P.S.: I don't know this guy, I just read about his case and there is a big discussion going on. The majority of users explained why supports aren't forced to babysit bot lane. So stop whining and read some arguments.
> Downvoted Downvoted and stopped reading after this. It's not worth to read this comment, because you aren't interested in discussion anyway.
JakiStow (EUW)
: I agree with the whole "don't defend toxicity" etc. But playing out of meta isn't toxic itself, and should not be bannable. With this argument, every Urgot mains should be banned for example. I don't know anything about this Tyler guy, so I don't know whether he was toxic as in flaming, but only playing differently doesn't make you toxic.
And the support guy was not banned for playing out of meta, i lay out of meta often and don't get banned. He refuses to communicate with his team and instead of supporting he plays a second jungler.
kaketsuu (EUNE)
: so its toxic to pick non meta support? logic?
No, it is not. Refusing to communicate, not playing the role you were assigned however, is bannable and reportable.
GLurch (EUW)
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFKp_In77ew In this video for example, he was bot lvl. 7, when there was no one there, just farming a wave. You obviously can't count that as helping out. Later, on lvl. 9, he goes bot again. Now, you could count this as helping bot out, but the rest of the team grouped bot too, so they just aimed for a teamfight on bot.
It is even titled "Double jungle support singed". "Support" my ass.
Trias000 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dextix LT,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=8B8fExTQ,comment-id=0020000100000000,timestamp=2016-11-15T12:23:28.671+0000) > > Yes, call the person who plays nunu/galio/shen support and who played volibear/nautilus support a meta sheep... Basically everything about how the game is played is the meta, not just which champions play which role. You're not a hipster for playing Volibear (btw Nautilus supp is totally meta nowadays). Meta states that it's the most effective to play solo top, solo mid, solo jungle (although there was a meta some time ago with duo junglers - but people who played it probably got permabanned so it's not meta anymore), adc + supp bot lane. It's not the holy revelation from God himself, it's not in rules of the game, it is all meta! And people, especially pros deviate from it all the time to find even more effective ways of winning: Lane swaps (omg such negative Rito pls ban), duo jungling, supports invading the enemy jungle etc. Lane swap is actually a great example - by Rito's logic, your toplaner can report you and get you banned because "you create a negative experience" for him by leaving him in a 1v2 lane. Does it matter that lane swaps worked? Who cares? They weren't meta (in casual games), so apparently they were ban-worthy.
I was playing nautilus supp before it was cool! (No seriously, i was, but i sound like a hipster.....) And the meta exists for a reason, it is the most effective way to play the game, but not always, that is why players and pros deviate from the meta sometimes, because SOMETIMES it can be more effective. (Also duo jungle if agreed upon by the team and lane swaps are not and were not bannable, but the team has to agree to that). You try to make it sound like people get banned for playing off meta, they do not. People get banned for playing off meta when other people on the team do not agree to it. If your team agrees to a lane swap, then it is ok, If your team agrees to a double junlge/mid, that is ok. I mean seriously, i had times when i went to support top because it was having problems and adc allowed it because he could handle it. IT was offmeta, but it was agreed upon by the team. COMMUNICATION, that is what this all boils down to, and you can say fuck the meta as much as you want, as long as the team agrees to it.
Trias000 (EUNE)
: Ok, this discussion is getting pretty pointless so I'll just sum it up: Play the way you want and let others play the way they want. Even if they thwart their chances of winning (and you can never know that for sure), it's their problem, not yours.
It is my problem, because them thwarting their chances of winning affects their team too, including me if i am playing in the team. If you playing how you want fucks up the chances of winning for 4 other guys then it is a bad thing. You should play solo games then.
Trias000 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dextix LT,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=8B8fExTQ,comment-id=001f0000000000000000,timestamp=2016-11-15T12:47:36.287+0000) > > And believe me, if this strategy was effective, pros would be ALL over it. There are many champions that don't work in the pro scene. Should we start banning for playing Tryndamere or Master Yi? Yes, the "negative experience for other players", "negative environment" and stuff like this is all there. E.g. people start raging if Yi doesn't gank for them in the first 10 minutes. All Yi players should definitely be permabanned. > Again, i play offmeta supports and weird build often, and if it works nobody rages me. But God forbid you have a one bad game. Then all hell breaks loose.
> There are many champions that don't work in the pro scene. Should we start banning for playing Tryndamere or Master Yi? Yes, the "negative experience for other players", "negative environment" and stuff like this is all there. E.g. people start raging if Yi doesn't gank for them in the first 10 minutes. All Yi players should definitely be permabanned. No, because both can be played and played well. But if you take one of those champs and go double mid for example, then yes, a person should be banned, that creates negative experience on purpose. There is a difference between assholes raging a pick (Which is not bannable) and between trolling/refusing to communicate with the team - going double mid for example with no agreement from the rest of the team (Which is banable). > But God forbid you have a one bad game. Then all hell breaks loose. You are partly right, there always are assholes that will blame the pick (Even though they were the ones who fucked up). But there are offmeta picks that are raged by assholes, and then there is blatant trolling and refusing to communicate.
Trias000 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dextix LT,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=8B8fExTQ,comment-id=001f00000000,timestamp=2016-11-15T12:26:53.691+0000) > > If it was an effective strategy it would be in use already! It is in use. And it apparently worked quite nicely. Well, it did until Riot started banning for it.
It is not in use, one person using it is not indicative of it, that is like saying that playing nunu automatically makes you disco nunu because one person did it. Furthermore, give me evidence that it works nicely. If you will use the 55% winrate give me the evidence that the winrate is ONLY of the person playing singed support.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dextix LT,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=8B8fExTQ,comment-id=001f0000000000000000,timestamp=2016-11-15T12:47:36.287+0000) > > Yea, there are many ways, but what does it have to do with any of this? > > And no it is not effective, make sure that his winrate is ONLY from singed support and then we can talk. Well, i suppose you wont care to share your information then, and just say yours is correct and mine wrong, alright. > > And you are wrong about the professionals, they are always searching for new ways to win, because it is more effective than staying in one place, that is why the pro scene is constantly changing. And believe me, if this strategy was effective, pros would be ALL over it. There's a difference between pro lvl and casual. If something is effective in the lcs it doesnt mean its good in soloq, and the other way round Old zilean for example had a huge winrate difference between teamranked winrate and soloq winrate... Look at Azir.... + the other reasons already mentioned. And btw, early roaming supports harrasing the enemy jungler have been quite popular in the last split. > > 1. And no, he did not get banned beause of singed support, but because he did not communicate with the team and did not actually support. I play offmeta supports very often, and i got banned 0 times. This report reason was never seen in the tribunal, and got even removed later on. Banning people for this is now is insane. There should be no need to constantly justify yourself... How many minutes do i have to stay bot to be allowed to roam one minute? tell me pls.... > > 2. BULLSHIT! If it works, you will not get flamed. Again, i play offmeta supports and weird build often, and if it works nobody rages me. I just finished a game as a nunu support, guess what, it was effective and nobody flamed. In my experience, yo do, and i played more then hundred games with morg support in season 3 (where it was hoghly off meta)
> Well, i suppose you wont care to share your information then, and just say yours is correct and mine wrong, alright. I am not saying my information is right because i have no information, and that is the point. Currently people are using this 54% winrate as an argument, when they cannot provide proof that this exact winrate is singed support winrate and not any other role. > > There's a difference between pro lvl and casual. > If something is effective in the lcs it doesnt mean its good in soloq, and the other way round > Old zilean for example had a huge winrate difference between teamranked winrate and soloq winrate... > Look at Azir.... > + the other reasons already mentioned. > > And btw, early roaming supports harrasing the enemy jungler have been quite popular in the last split. Of course both levels are different, but a strategy like this could only be properly executed by a team, a team that preplans this strategy and knows how to make it work, not one random person who holds the rest of the team hostage. And harrasing for a short time is not wrong, but leaving your adc for a long time is bad, because he will lose farm and then most likely lose the lane. > This report reason was never seen in the tribunal, and got even removed later on. > Banning people for this is now is insane. > There should be no need to constantly justify yourself... > > How many minutes do i have to stay bot to be allowed to roam one minute? > tell me pls.... It is not insane, for example i go double mid without notifying anyone or even getting an agreement, i would get banned pretty soon that way, because that would be me trolling and refusing to communicate. And there are no certain time limits, but if your adc is losing high amounts of farm because of you, it is bad. It all depends on the situation and COMMUNICATION, you think i have not heavily roamed before? I have, many times, but i always talked with my adc beforehard, will he be able to handle himself or not? Hell sometimes i went to support top because my adc said that he can handle it and that top needs help. It all comes down to COMMUNICATION. > In my experience, yo do, and i played more then hundred games with morg support in season 3 (where it was hoghly off meta) Well yea, sometimes it can happen, i had people rage at me for taking galio support, but at the same time i was praised many times when i played with galio support well too. It all depends on the people. You have a mute button for ragers.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dextix LT,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=8B8fExTQ,comment-id=00260000000000000000,timestamp=2016-11-15T12:39:11.970+0000) > > Yes, he has that winrate, but not as a support, do you think he only plays singed support? Has any of you even bothered to check if he plays other lanes such as top and even jungle? Got my info from a reddit thread, Care to share your source? > > No, you have not. So go do it. Because if it was THAT effective, everyone and their uncle would be doing it, that is the point of meta. It is one of the reasons why a champion like nautilus once was a meta support when he was not before, because he was effective and everyone started using him. Explained below. > > And i was directly insulting to a troll... Well sorry i did not think i should be polite to trolls especially when people also insult me because i dislike trolls. Number one excuse of permanently banend people. "i was just flaming back"
> Got my info from a reddit thread, > Care to share your source? Yes, and it does not specify what role exactly earned that winrate, when you know the exact role that garnered that winrate, you can use it as an argument. > Explained below. Refuted below. > Number one excuse of permanently banend people. > "i was just flaming back" Good olde ad hominem
: > [{quoted}](name=Dextix LT,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=8B8fExTQ,comment-id=001f00000000,timestamp=2016-11-15T12:26:53.691+0000) > > If it was an effective strategy it would be in use already! You think nobody else tried that before and this is a new genius? > > It is not effective, that is why it is not used and why this current meta is the most popular one! There are more ways to combine 5 champions, items and playstyles then there could be ever played within the next thousand years. About effectivity: winrate argument. Why it's not used? 1. People follow the "meta" The meta is largly dictated by the professional lvl. Thats the reason we have supports in the first place. If something doesnt work for those teams, they dont play it, and it doesnt become popular. Teams are careful to test things out, because defeats are bad for them. Sticking with things they know that work, is just sensible. In addition, there's no lcs atm.. 2. You get banned despite a positive winrate. Not encouraging. 3. you get flamed even if it works. Not encouraging
Yea, there are many ways, but what does it have to do with any of this? And no it is not effective, make sure that his winrate is ONLY from singed support and then we can talk. And you are wrong about the professionals, they are always searching for new ways to win, because it is more effective than staying in one place, that is why the pro scene is constantly changing. And believe me, if this strategy was effective, pros would be ALL over it. 1. And no, he did not get banned beause of singed support, but because he did not communicate with the team and did not actually support. I play offmeta supports very often, and i got banned 0 times. 2. BULLSHIT! If it works, you will not get flamed. Again, i play offmeta supports and weird build often, and if it works nobody rages me. I just finished a game as a nunu support, guess what, it was effective and nobody flamed.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dextix LT,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=8B8fExTQ,comment-id=0020000100000000,timestamp=2016-11-15T12:23:28.671+0000) > > Yes, call the person who plays nunu/galio/shen support and who played volibear/nautilus support a meta sheep... > > You think i don&#x27;t play out of meta supports? I do. But the main difference between me and that troll is that i actually support. I don&#x27;t go second jungle, i don&#x27;t leave my laner to solo lane. I support. > > But hey, not liking trolling is being a meta sheep these days..... This server is indeed fucked...... I always thought a troll is a person deliberatly ruining games. This guy has a +50% winrate, so i dare say that his playstyle doesn't hurt his chances to win. In fact, since flaming reduces the chaance to win, image his winrate if his team would stack tears... There's no bloody rule that the supp has to lick his adc's balls and be his slave. If roaming is effective (and his winrate tells you that it is) then that should be a legal way to play... And he isn't simpyl going "2nd jungle" he is harrasing the enemy jungler. HUGE difference you keep ignoring! He does spport his entire team by pressuring the enemy jungler!
Oh really? He has 50%+ winrate? Yeah, that he does. But did you or any of people who defend him based on that check where that winrate came from? Is it from him playing ONLY singed support? Because i can tell you that it is not. And if it was THAT effective EVERYONE would use it. And no, there is no such rule, but that is the meta, the most effective way to play, i don't want to be an adc's salve, but i will help him instead of leaving him to solo lane, and no roaming is not that effective, again see above. And yes, he is going second jungle. And believe me, pressuring enemy jungle as a singed does not outweight the enemy having a 2 vs 1 lane that they can now easily win/farm and thus snowball.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dextix LT,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=8B8fExTQ,comment-id=002600000000,timestamp=2016-11-15T12:15:58.363+0000) > > If it was effective, they won&#x27;t be and people will use it, because PEOPLE decide what the meta is based on the effectiveness of champions items or other variables. > > His meta, is not effective. According to the reedit thread, he has a 55/54% winrate. How high does it need to be in order to be effective? > > Of course, because if you do not like trolls in the game of LOL you will instantly be the bad guy.... You were directly insulting. Thats all that matters.
Yes, he has that winrate, but not as a support, do you think he only plays singed support? Has any of you even bothered to check if he plays other lanes such as top and even jungle? No, you have not. So go do it. Because if it was THAT effective, everyone and their uncle would be doing it, that is the point of meta. It is one of the reasons why a champion like nautilus once was a meta support when he was not before, because he was effective and everyone started using him. And i was directly insulting to a troll... Well sorry i did not think i should be polite to trolls especially when people also insult me because i dislike trolls.
Trias000 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dragonis Gardia,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=8B8fExTQ,comment-id=001f,timestamp=2016-11-15T07:31:07.795+0000) > > He didnt got that threat for playing singed, he got that threat for queing as support but playing a second jungler. And what if that was actually a valid strategy? He would invent a new meta... and get banned for it. Punishing innovative people is really the way to go! Good job, Riot!
If it was an effective strategy it would be in use already! You think nobody else tried that before and this is a new genius? It is not effective, that is why it is not used and why this current meta is the most popular one!
Trias000 (EUNE)
: Well, meta sheep will always hate anyone outside of their herd.
Yes, call the person who plays nunu/galio/shen support and who played volibear/nautilus support a meta sheep... You think i don't play out of meta supports? I do. But the main difference between me and that troll is that i actually support. I don't go second jungle, i don't leave my laner to solo lane. I support. But hey, not liking trolling is being a meta sheep these days..... This server is indeed fucked......
Trekkorm (EUW)
: And how can you tell if someone forgot to buy sightstone or chose not to? What if they just say they forgot? How would you able to tell the difference? I got a Blitzcrank that left his bot lane alone the entire game. He was literally following his premade Ivern around all the time, counterjungling with him, babysitting mid lane and helping to gank top lane. You know what their team said at the end of the game? Report lucian intentional feeding. But thats okay, right? He was just a roaming support. Thats not the same as a Singed support that does the exact same thing, right? The thing is, you cant really distinguish between these two. Sure, in extremely rare cases where a player is constantly reported that might apply, but what if it were a widespread thing? (Because it is, we just dont know about it because its very hard to report someone for "playing outside the meta". If Riot wants to ban this guy for playing like this, they should ban everyone. And we both know they cant, which means they shouldnt ban this guy either. Give him a ranked ban, not a permaban.
It is easy, just ask them to build it for the sake of the team, if they don't then they are intentionally choosing not to do it. And no, that blitzcrank should also be reported if he left his laner to solo lane. It is not okay no matter what champ you play. It is easy to distinguish the situations. It is not about playing outside the meta (I just played as a nunu support in flex for fucks sakes) it is about not ruining the game for others. Meta exists for a reason, if you break it for no other reason than to fuck over your teammates then it is easily distinguishable and reportable.
Trias000 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dextix LT,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=8B8fExTQ,comment-id=00240000,timestamp=2016-11-15T09:57:25.059+0000) > > And forgetting and intentionally not buying a sighstone are two different things, one is normal, other is reportable. When I play Lissandra, will I get banned if I don't purchase Rod of Ages? Anyway, I saw Riot employees say on several occasions that they don't want any item to be mandatory on a champion, and they prefer freedom of choice instead. But that's not the first nor the last example of Riot's inconsistence.
No, you won't get banned. But sighstone for supports is a MUST BUY, vision wins games, without it they are lost and support is the one role that can spend the most on such things. In DOTA for example i always buy wards when needed and sometimes i dont get even more than 2 fully built items while others have full builds, but that is ok, i am the support, my role does not need as much gold as others. Sightstone is mandatory because vision is mandatory if you want to win.
Trias000 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dextix LT,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=8B8fExTQ,comment-id=0026,timestamp=2016-11-15T09:54:51.797+0000) > > But i was actually supporting. What if someone invents a new effective meta where supports won't be needed? Well, we have the answer - they will be banned for it. > This piece of shit You, on the other hand, set an impeccable example to the entire LoL community.
> What if someone invents a new effective meta where supports won't be needed? Well, we have the answer - they will be banned for it. If it was effective, they won't be and people will use it, because PEOPLE decide what the meta is based on the effectiveness of champions items or other variables. His meta, is not effective. > You, on the other hand, set an impeccable example to the entire LoL community. Of course, because if you do not like trolls in the game of LOL you will instantly be the bad guy....
Eambo (EUW)
: Hey guys - we gotta put our hands up in this one, we intentionally removed the November 14th line incase of issues, and it didn't get changed on the EU post :-( To reassure you: we're definitely bringing solo/duo very soon. As you've probably seen we've experienced some issues with placements and we want to smooth out that experience before enabling another queue. We don't have a solid timeframe on releasing it, other than soon - this is the kind of thing we want to fix in preaseason before we hit full season launch!
> To reassure you: we're definitely bringing solo/duo very soon. Hey guys, we will see this message after a week too. Then after a month they will say that it will come and after half a year they will finally admit that it is not coming back. We already had this dance Riot.....
: Well this is the Riot player feedback system just being the Riot player feedback system. Firstly, the Rioter who replied to you probably didn't read chat logs, watch your game log, look into your teammates behaviour etc... This support Rioter probably just didn't read your ticket and just pasted his (or her) most generic, default reply to a support ticket. This reply probably works 90% of the time, but not in this case. Second of all, "your account was found to be affecting a lot of players negatively"... ~long pause~ ~coughs~ what about the ~cough~ huge number of ~cough~ extremely toxic keyboard warriors that play this game. Would I rather a Singed support who: gives me a few laughs, does Singed things, draw all 5 people behind inhib tower in a 5 minute goose chase around their base, and is *not toxic*; Orrrrrrrr... would I rather a self-centred lvl7 YAHSWOH (who thinks he's ArKaDaTa), Vayne (thinking he's Gosu's baby) or Riven (aka BoxBox stuck in elohell) main who: flames continuously, loses first blood- threatens to int- then ints aaannnnddd tries to do the Yasuo/Riven/Vayne 1v5 pentakill play after they're 0/20 from inting... Very. Hard. Choice. Thus I conclude the statement "your account was found to be affecting a lot of players negatively" utter and complete Alistair-Yasuo. "Whilst playing Singed support isn't inherently bannable, refusing to communicate with your teammates is." Wait a second. Fire. This. Rioter. Haven't Rioters repeatedly since the beginning of time said we DON'T have to type in chat. It's OPTIONAL for a reason. It's O.P.T.I.O.N.A.L. If this Rioter actually means this, and I mean ACTUALLY, not just he copied and pasted this without thinking...he is going against fundamental Riot Games theodicies. Anyway, what does he mean by "refusing to communicate with your teammates is." Does he mean: yasuosweatlordminecraftrobloxmemer: "HASAKKKKKIIIIIIHHHHHHH SINGED WHAT U DO. IDIAT TROL 3 STRONK 5 ME Y U NO PLAY MALPHITE SUPPORT SINGED SUPPORT REPORT ALL REPORT SINGED TROLL OREKADESOHHHHH"... singedsupportplayer: [says nothing]. riven1v5pentalordadrianrivenstuckinelohell: "GNIYUHHHHH SINGED NO ROAM TOP LVL2 SINGED TROLL NOOB REPORT ALL REPORT SINGED NYIUHHHHHH" singedsupportplayer: [saysnothing] typicalvaynemain: "AHHHUUUUUUHHHNNNNN SINGED TROLL SUPPORT REPORT MY SUPPORT NO SPOONFEED ME KILLS NYUHUUUUUUUUHHHHHGGGNNN NOOB SUPPORT NOW I HAVE TO SOLO CARRY EVEN THOUGH I CANT DO ANYTHING WITHOUT MY SUPPORT LIKE A TYPICAL VAYNE MAIN" singedsupportplayer: [saysnothing] It's highly likely his team were flaming him...he might have said a few words...and that was apparently refusing to communicate ...(even though it's an optional thing...) Also, would I rather a first time Azir in my ranked games, or a support singed main. If this guy is a specialist at support singed, and has the games under his belt, I would welcome him. I would still welcome him regardless because he is entitled to play what he wants. Then what about all the people who type nothing in chat...or /mute all at the start of the game...or don't spam ping. That would probably be classed as "refusing to communicate" yet they don't get banned, PRECISELY BECAUSE the only bannable offences are: "Unsportsmanlike conduct: passive aggressive, negative chat etc.; Verbal abuse: Harassment, flaming; Intentionally feeding: trolling, assisting enemy team; hate speech: homophobic, racial; inappropriate summoner name (and a few more that are truly irrelavent)". "Refusing to communicate" is NOT bannable. Nor is "not buying sightstone" nor taking smite on support. Granted, it is off-meta, but playing off-meta picks is not bannable. If so, then Riot should properly implement a ban for not playing things that are God tier. Furthermore, this Rioter is implying that you can only do such things with a group of friends................................................................................................................ I've played Darius support full ad, Sion support full movespeed, Ezreal support hybrid. It worked, it was fun. But even if it doesn't go so well, AS IF this vayne main doesnt feed once in a while, AS IF this yasuo main doesnt flame once in a while. You get my point. Basically, the mindset these idiotic teammates PUT THEMSELVES IN is what causes them to tilt. It's their OWN PERSONALITY and therefore their OWN fault that they tilt. NOT because of this singed support. The whole point is to have fun- it's a game, a lot of people forget this. A game, not your A-Levels, not your degree coursework, not your make-or-break opportunity at work. It's a g.a.m.e. Anyone can play whatever they like. Anyone can build however they want. Anyone can do whatever they like. {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} Riot, seriously. If you want to control the meta, just full out announce that you will. However, don't do these sneaky, underhand things without properly justifying yourself. I think I've covered all bases. To take away: Everything this Rioter said is complete utter Alistair- Vayne {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} DISCLAIMER: Any keyboard warriors who want to flame me for "having no life" go ahead, I really don't care.
You can have fun, but NOT at the expense of other players on your team. That is selfish and reportable, it is that simple. I can play full ad taric on ranked, and guess what, i would get reported and banned, because i am ruining games for other people. You can play however you like but not at the expense of fucking over your team. "It is just a game!" FUCK YOU, simple as that. This being a game does not mean you can do ANYTHING you want. Chess is also a game, but me randomly throwing cards on the chessboard is not a positive thing. Football is also a game, this does not mean i can take the ball and carry it to the enemy goalpost with my hands. Games have RULES, and if you can't play according to those rules and have to ruin the game for other people to have fun, then FUCK YOU.
Trekkorm (EUW)
: You know what this also implies? That i can report the enemy Bard for roaming top and ganking me. That i can report my Brand support for forgetting his sightstone. That i can report blitzcrank for stealing my jungle camp at level 1. Is this what you want, Riot? What's next, report mid for roaming bot? Goodbye {{champion:4}}, you magnificent son of a Riven.
Nope, neither of those would be reportable. Roaming for a bit as a support (especially bard) is normal. Roaming for 5 minutes and leaving bot adc alone for that time, is reportable, because that completely ruins the lane for the adc. And forgetting and intentionally not buying a sighstone are two different things, one is normal, other is reportable. And the blitzcrank thing again, how does it even come close to this situation? Does blitzcrank steal your camps for 5 minutes while laving his laner alone? All of you should read more about the situation instead of making baseless assumptions and thinking that RIOT is instantly the bad guy.
PTCmaf (EUNE)
: The Singed support's threat of a permaban is utter lunacy
Agree with Riots decision. You can play singed support, i play volibear/nunu support from time to time and used to play nautilus support before it became the meta. But i was actually supporting. This piece of shit is NOT supporting, he leaves his laners for long ammounts of time thus fucking over their entire lane, and despite people not agreeing with his roaming "strategy" he does it anyways! And he takes smite as a "support" of all things! Oh no, he deserves a ban and should drop the act already. Have fun, but not at the expense of your team.
Broodpaal (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=urid007,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=8B8fExTQ,comment-id=001e,timestamp=2016-11-15T06:46:58.080+0000) > > If a zed support doesn&#x27;t ask if he can take all the farm and takes it, it&#x27;ll be breaking the meta according to most comments, and not reportable. Of course it&#x27;s reportable, it screws up the whole flow of the game and puts the ADC extremely far behind, and you will lose. > > If a braum support decides at level one to go support his toxic premade friend, or even worse, someone he isn&#x27;t premade with, without getting team&#x27;s consent, it&#x27;ll also mess up the game unless he explained in pick/bans and bot lane took something he can solo with, and even then it&#x27;s pretty reportable. > > If a singed support takes smite, leaves the lane without explanation, goes to counter jungle 24/7 and leaves ADC alone, that&#x27;s reportable. No it is not reportable. Just because a play or play style is not optimal in your opinion it is no reason to report someone. If it doesn't work out for him he will fall in rank in a couple of games and you will never play with him again. Is that really such a big deal? No it is not. It is his choice of what to do, if he wants to roam with Singed for the first 5mins he can do so... assuming he communicates it to his team beforehand. You don't have to pick an adc bot if you know you will have to solo.
It is reportable. It creates negative experience for other players. If your "support" takes farm away from the adc, then that "support" should be reported and banned. There is offmeta, and then there is blatant trolling and refusing to communicate. And yes, he can roam for the first 5 minutes, and he can get banned for that if the team does not agree to such playstyle. If your choice fucks over your teammates, then that choice is reportable, have fun but not at someone elses expense.
Show more

Dextix LT

Level 69 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion