Yraco (EUW)
: > Jworst: told ya to dodge Jworst: well now you get -15 lp That is a toxic attitude to have right at the start of a game. Suggesting a surrender is fine within games but players have to go with the result of the vote, even if that isn't what they wanted. If someone says that their team should surrender and their team says to keep going, it is not okay for them to throw a tantrum like a five-year-old because someone decided not to give them their way. 14 messages were devoted to complaining about the Sona. Admittedly, the Sona was not playing the game as she was supposed to either but, in those situations, everyone is supposed to play the game as usual and report the issue later.
> [{quoted}](name=Yraco,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=lIkViaWk,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-11T20:51:06.737+0000) > > Jworst: well now you get -15 lp > > That is a toxic attitude to have right at the start of a game. So you've never told anyone that you can't play a specific champion, when your main has been banned? As that's one way to understand what's being said there. > > Suggesting a surrender is fine within games but players have to go with the result of the vote, even if that isn't what they wanted. Again - if we banned everyone who ever said something along the lines of "why did you vote no", we'd ban almost everybody. >If someone says that their team should surrender and their team says to keep going, it is not okay for them to throw a tantrum like a five-year-old because someone decided not to give them their way. Where did he throw a tantrum..? > > 14 messages were devoted to complaining about the Sona. Admittedly, the Sona was not playing the game as she was supposed to either but, in those situations, everyone is supposed to play the game as usual and report the issue later. --- >Jworst: yea i guess sona taking my farm mid tilted me a bit Jworst: he banned my champ Jworst: then went to steal farm mid Jworst: lovely flame Jworst: thats why you ban your teammates champ ? Jworst: and thats why you steal farm in mid ? Yeah, how do you know that sona wasn't for example following him around and taking his cs? It is natural to get annoyed by things sometimes. He isn't insulting anyone, and there isn't a rule against complaining about something like that. Again. If we banned everyone who has ever complained (in a non-insulting manner) about a teammate, we'd ban everyone. Perhaps sona wasn't breaking the rules, and therefore shouldn't be reported? But was playing in a manner that would hurt the team. Who knows. Everyone knows that the punishment system doesn't catch if someone for example crashes your lane, in order to piss you off. Are you saying it would be unfair to say "could you like, not?" And then point out to your teammates that you might be a little tilted because of that? That's kind of an absurd stance to have.
XCVl (EUW)
: Naturally the chance of you and the enemy team having a smurf on should be the same. As others have said, the chance you are against a high elo smurf is fairly low given how small that % of player base is. Remember that there are diamond smurfs who struggle to get higher win rates in silver than on their main accounts. It is about playing as a team to shut people down, and it is very hard to truly 1 vs 9 this game. You can tell by how hard it is to ever win 4 vs 5 games that a cohesive team, is more important that a single players skill. Try not to focus on smurfs/inters etc. You have to hope riot ban toxic ones, smurfs MMR rapidly increases and take it on the chin as a game to ignore and forget about. Go on to the next and you might be lucky enough to find yourself on the reverse.
> [{quoted}](name=XCVl,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=a86E9LPG,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-12-11T20:13:22.376+0000) > > Naturally the chance of you and the enemy team having a smurf on should be the same. As others have said, the chance you are against a high elo smurf is fairly low given how small that % of player base is. > Opposing team: X X X X X Your team: Y X X X X Y's can't be smurfs. X's can. So they aren't the same, taken that YOU aren't a smurf. (Enemy team is more likely to have a smurf than your team - same with for example leavers/flamers as long as you don't do those things) The chance of high elo smurfs depends. You could think that the closest to 'starting elo' you'd have more smurfs, and they get less the further you go either direction. Knowing the chances of encountering high(er) elo smurfs is a bit difficult, so making arguments about that can't really be based on anything (as there's no studies or statistics to be cited here) I would argue, that we could assume that a higher elo player is more likely to smurf than a lower elo player. Now there would be two factors at play here: the fact that higher elo smurfs would go through lower elo's as well, which mean they experience ALL the smurfs, whereas you experience only the high ones. If, as you argue, mmr takes care of this, then this would actually cause you to get more of these higher elo smurfs the higher you yourself are (as it would become more difficult to smash the players as the skill levels increase -> therefore the rate at whcih they climb slows down, which also happens naturally due to mmr differences increasing - felt only around diamond) Also lets consider this: Let's assume a few things: Lower elo smurfs can't climb above their main rank Higher elo smurfs can climb to or close to their man fairly easily (on average) ~1% of players smurf out of each rank bracket (this is a number thrown out of my arse just for the sake of argument - not a statistical number by any means) Pool of players in low elo: 500 000 Pool of players in very high elo: 10 000 1% of players in each bracket would then be: 5000 and 100 Now, we could start thinking of how many players are queueing up simultaneously - do smurfs for example play at the same time of day as non-smurfs - because if they don't, then if for example a pool of 10 000 players was reduced to 1000 players, then the rate of smurfs could be multiplied because of the small pool of players more easily being affected by things like this. Whereas in the larger pool it is less likely to move around as much. Just some thoughts on the subject, pointing out that 'common sense' doesn't really go too far in this, as you easily assume things to be equal when they're not. (Sorry if this is messy, I'm tired as hell while writing this :) ) > Remember that there are diamond smurfs who struggle to get higher win rates in silver than on their main accounts. It is about playing as a team to shut people down, and it is very hard to truly 1 vs 9 this game. You can tell by how hard it is to ever win 4 vs 5 games that a cohesive team, is more important that a single players skill. > Hardly, if they're playing seriously. As someone who used to be diamond and smurfed a lot at that time, getting from any low rank to mid/high plat is extremely easy, even for me. More skilled players would have an even easier time at that. (I had at least 5 accs plat and a bunch at gold, one of which I received from a friend who didn't want to use the acc cos 'it doesn't have riven' (he was a riven otp). I literally just played something dumb like ashe support and got to plat. Go figure. (It was before ashe rework). Basically I could just troll, and could win almost all games. I don't see why it would be different for any other diamond (apart from the fact that the yolocarryability is lower, and that usually when you switch from high-elo opponents to low-elo, the first games are a bit blurry as you need to get used to all the stupidity that happens in lower elo's) > Try not to focus on smurfs/inters etc. You have to hope riot ban toxic ones, smurfs MMR rapidly increases and take it on the chin as a game to ignore and forget about. Go on to the next and you might be lucky enough to find yourself on the reverse. It may still be very annoying, and frustrating for someone who's trying to enjoy the game.
Yraco (EUW)
: Is it %%%%ed that someone can be banned for constantly complaining they will lose, opening mid and flaming teammates? Those things all seem like fairly reasonable things to be punished for.
> [{quoted}](name=Yraco,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=lIkViaWk,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-12-11T08:07:54.744+0000) > > Is it %%%%ed that someone can be banned for constantly complaining they will lose, opening mid and flaming teammates? Those things all seem like fairly reasonable things to be punished for. At no point did he flame. For the rest, it seems to be far from constant. I doubt that there are many players who have NEVER said anything relating to those lines. "Guys, lets just ff"
: Preselecting Skins in Collection Tab
Oh while we would just LOVE to implement quality of life upgrades to the game.... We're just afraid that wont bring in any dough. And that's no bueno. https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CleverOddArmadillo-small.gif
SiLVeRouLiS (EUNE)
: i want to thank Riot too, because after patch 9.23 i cant play the game and i got fps drops...but ok fps drop aren't so important they released a new champion and i can watch him at youtube...
Yeah, and to top it all off, you get the kits of 2 champs in 1, so its almost like 2 new champions to watch on youtube. You also get to imagine how playing clash would be like (since you wont get to play it because of the bugs but hey, it's the thought that matters).
Hairlust (EUW)
: it's riot, they have the mental capacity of a dead frog. More people banned = more ppl losing all their expensive skins. i lost an account with 600$ worth of skins for calling someone a %%%got. the problem with this game is that you can int all you want, especially if you're with a premade you can ruin peoples day and game completely and get away unpunished. But if you stand up for yourself after getting griefed you get banned for that. That's because the player behaviour team is managed by schitzophrenic Bonobo's why the %%%% are they even banning ppl for saying shit? it doesnt help at all. The game is more toxic than it ever was. When is the last time you saw someone get a ban for inting? you can grief and sabotage 4 games in a row but that's considered normal behaviour but the moment you use chat you get insta nuked without compensation.
> [{quoted}](name=Hairlust,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=lIkViaWk,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-11T02:57:18.598+0000) > > it's riot, they have the mental capacity of a dead frog. > > More people banned = more ppl losing all their expensive skins. > > i lost an account with 600$ worth of skins for calling someone a %%%got. Lmao "Oh sure I'll spend any money on your company from this point onwards. And I'll be sure to recommend. Not going to tell ANYONE that they might lose their money at any point" > > the problem with this game is that you can int all you want, especially if you're with a premade you can ruin peoples day and game completely and get away unpunished. But if you stand up for yourself after getting griefed you get banned for that. Yup. "Oh you insulted someone who was acting like an ass (which you aren't allowed to call out despite of knowing we'll do nothing about it)" Meanwhile the guy going 0 20 gets honor rewards like its christmas. "Yeah we want our customers to have the best experience possible" - rito games > > That's because the player behaviour team is managed by schitzophrenic Bonobo's > For a while now I've been certain they're all high on opium. Only thing that could explain this %%%%%%ation tbh. > why the %%%% are they even banning ppl for saying shit? it doesnt help at all. The game is more toxic than it ever was. When is the last time you saw someone get a ban for inting? you can grief and sabotage 4 games in a row but that's considered normal behaviour but the moment you use chat you get insta nuked without compensation. I would understand some extremes getting punished. But seriously is calling someone %%%got once going to ruing the game? More than losing all your progress? Like, really?
: >We are here to play a competitive game. We don't care about anything else but raising our skills and getting better and better. You might be... But you cannot deny that there is a very large portion of players that is simply in for the fun. Many of my friends hardly ever touch ranked modes and just enjoy the game for the fun of it. That is a significant portion of players. Millions of viewers on esports livestreams and well, even the collapse of servers during Clash is a great indicator that people do indeed care about the things I mentioned. --- >it doesnt matter what you do, the game is already decidied. People always say this, but you should know that this is not true. Why do you still lose games if this is true? You can simply dodge in Champion select if you realise the game is already over. Only play the free wins, free ticket to Diamond, Master, or even higher. ---- There are always matches you win no matter what, and there are always matches you lose no matter what. What matters are the games in between, that you can directly influence to a large degree. Can you tell me what exactly was better in this regard back then? I mean, why were games not decided immediately back in the day when remake and proper afk catchup mechanics did not exist? --- >There are less flamers now, but every flmaer became troll. Do you have any evidence for that? I do not remember the last time I saw an actual troll in any of my solo matches. What I do see a lot is people crying out loud and calling others "troll" or "inter" whenever they might have a disagreement. "I wanted to do Dragon but you didn't come? -> you're a troll" You should be very careful not to be that person. ---- >In season 2 everyone was a flmaer and yet after every game everyone was saying gg by MEANING IT That is the most BS rosy hindsight you can come up with. Do you seriously think flamers back then were some sort of honorable gangsters that shook hands after the game? Season two was the time when people still used to call things that went wrong or they didn't like ingame (or anywhere really) "gay". ---- You seriously need to be aware of your hindsight bias. Nostalgia exists for a reason, and I'm gonna argue that you're not old enough to be one of the people saying_ "back in my day everything was better"._ You have anecdotal evidence, you have great memories of the past, but I think your examples are insanely exaggerated.
> [{quoted}](name=Torpedosheep,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=BmZXcZ3O,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-12-09T22:35:08.462+0000) > > You might be... But you cannot deny that there is a very large portion of players that is simply in for the fun. > Many of my friends hardly ever touch ranked modes and just enjoy the game for the fun of it. > That is a significant portion of players. > Competitiveness =/= playing just for fun. I used to play normals only for the first 3 seasons, but sure as hell I was competitive. I just wanted good games out of that, and competitiveness doesn't directly transfer into playing for rank. (I used to play premades with a diamond friend, to play against diamonds back then - while I wasn't even close to that level yet. And the prize was winning against high-level players - and I slowly learned to beat them which later translated into ranking up to that myself. But it was, for sure, for fun. And we would play dumb comps just to see how much we could abuse other players - laughing our way most both of the wins and defeats - but we would always do our best to win) This side of league is now dead to me, as the balance forces meta much more than it used to. Imagine playing the pre-rework poppy in jungle even in silver today. (I used to do that on some smurfs and won most of the games, because if you were clever enough you could make that work - not today) I've never really understood those friends, who watch streams to find what's most effective > Millions of viewers on esports livestreams and well, even the collapse of servers during Clash is a great indicator that people do indeed care about the things I mentioned. I think the problem isn't people not caring, but more about the fact that riot isn't respecting them caring at all. Eyes on the money, trying to milk the game on a death timer for the last bits of cash. > --- > > People always say this, but you should know that this is not true. > Why do you still lose games if this is true? Idk. Perhaps because the game is hellbent on giving you a guy who goes 0 1390809, and in the current state of the game, one player can lose the game, but one player can not carry the game. > You can simply dodge in Champion select if you realise the game is already over. > > Only play the free wins, free ticket to Diamond, Master, or even higher. > > ---- > There are always matches you win no matter what, and there are always matches you lose no matter what. What matters are the games in between, that you can directly influence to a large degree. The carryability used to be much higher. > > Can you tell me what exactly was better in this regard back then? > I mean, why were games not decided immediately back in the day when remake and proper afk catchup mechanics did not exist? Balance, for starters. > --- > > Do you have any evidence for that? > > I do not remember the last time I saw an actual troll in any of my solo matches. > What I do see a lot is people crying out loud and calling others "troll" or "inter" whenever they might have a disagreement. > > "I wanted to do Dragon but you didn't come? -> you're a troll" > > You should be very careful not to be that person. > ---- > > That is the most BS rosy hindsight you can come up with. Are you saying the environment hasn't changed in the game? Because I am pretty sure most old players would say it has. Of course we have no statistics for this, so its just personal experience vs personal experience. > > Season two was the time when people still used to call things that went wrong or they didn't like ingame (or anywhere really) "gay". And...? I do call things gay, still. Are you implying that's homophobic? Because that's not how it works. So as kids we used to call people 'adopted' as an insult, does that mean I have something against people who are adopted...? That's %%%%ing %%%%%%ed. If every insult I ever used would be taken as hate towards that specific group that the insult refers to, I would hate everyone in this world. Strangely enough, I'm pretty sure anyone who knows me personally would describe me quite the opposite. Let's continue the logic: I've thrown at my sisters when they mess around that "they're just like mom". Does that now mean I hate my mom? Yes - I was referring to it negatively, as my mom does have an annoying way of being unorganized. And my siblings were unorganized. That doesn't mean I hate either the person I insulted or the thing I used to insult them with. Thinking the opposite would obviously be just stupid. (And if someone were to take offence in that, then they need to pull their head out of their asses. Jesus %%%%.) (And no, this isn't denying that there are hateful insults, but the difference for example between 'n****r' thrown as a derogatory term towards a black person and throwing the same word towards your friend who did something is quite obvious (regardless of their skin color)) People who are either too dumb to see the difference or too ignorant to acknowledge it, should get checked. > > ---- > You seriously need to be aware of your hindsight bias. > Nostalgia exists for a reason, and I'm gonna argue that you're not old enough to be one of the people saying_ "back in my day everything was better"._ So am I more suited to say this, since I've been saying it since season 4, and asked the changes to be unmade even when they began? How many people were against them back in the day? Do you not remember 'burst of speed' being a meme? How about the insane amount of dashes and mobility? Nothing? I guess they weren't highlighting something that wasn't working with the system, but were just you know.. Memes. And as we all know, memes can't be a way of taking part in discourse. > > You have anecdotal evidence, you have great memories of the past, but I think your examples are insanely exaggerated. You have anecdotal counter-evidence. *edit* Also why does the forum change and randomly censor random words midsentence..? Apparrently "taken as hate towards" now translates tf*ck --..-- tret*rds Spaghetti code shining here again. (isn't the first time that has happened...)
: I played this game over 10 years. Everything you mentioned is jsut dust in the eyes of the community. Do you know why? We are here to play a competitive game. We don't care about anything else but raising our skills and getting better and better. BUT the game has never been more unplayable than now. Back in season 5, every game felt competitive. Every win could have been lose in a blink of an eye. Right now... only 1 in every 10 games feels competitive. It just doesn't matter what you do. You either get the better team or not. And do you know what I hate even more than losing completely to my enemies? - winning completely. League of legends is born in competiveness but TODAY it is ligth years from that. You just enter a game and you know - it doesnt matter what you do, the game is already decidied. And as a player with more than 10 000 ranked games, I can assure you - the game have never been worse. From season 1 to season 5 the game was developing amazing. From season 6 until now the game has been getting worse and worse. There are less flamers now, but every flmaer became troll. Riot started a war agains the flamers and they started losing other people\s game on purpose. No one is punishg feeders, but yet every flamer gets punished. The community has never been worse. You can't say a word against anything - hundreds of people come and start saying that you are just bad for complaining. In season 2 everyone was a flmaer and yet after every game everyone was saying gg by MEANING IT. Now every gg is sarcastic. League of legends was the best game, but since the developers became showmen... the game becamse the worst. Rest in Peace League of Legends. Rest in peace.
> [{quoted}](name=DarkArasek,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=BmZXcZ3O,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-09T22:05:59.397+0000) > > I played this game over 10 years. Everything you mentioned is jsut dust in the eyes of the community. Do you know why? We are here to play a competitive game. We don't care about anything else but raising our skills and getting better and better. BUT the game has never been more unplayable than now. Back in season 5, every game felt competitive. Every win could have been lose in a blink of an eye. Right now... only 1 in every 10 games feels competitive. It just doesn't matter what you do. You either get the better team or not. And do you know what I hate even more than losing completely to my enemies? - winning completely. League of legends is born in competiveness but TODAY it is ligth years from that. You just enter a game and you know - it doesnt matter what you do, the game is already decidied. And as a player with more than 10 000 ranked games, I can assure you - the game have never been worse. From season 1 to season 5 the game was developing amazing. From season 6 until now the game has been getting worse and worse. There are less flamers now, but every flmaer became troll. Riot started a war agains the flamers and they started losing other people\s game on purpose. No one is punishg feeders, but yet every flamer gets punished. The community has never been worse. You can't say a word against anything - hundreds of people come and start saying that you are just bad for complaining. In season 2 everyone was a flmaer and yet after every game everyone was saying gg by MEANING IT. Now every gg is sarcastic. League of legends was the best game, but since the developers became showmen... the game becamse the worst. Rest in Peace League of Legends. Rest in peace. Exactly this.
: Wtf is wrong with minion block?
Oh but OBVIOUSLY the majority of people WANT it in the game. Especially in the state it is in now.
: Mother Of All Bugs
https://youtu.be/SW-BU6keEUw
: RIOT TURN OFF THAT ANNOUNCEMENT EVERY 5 MIN
Oh come on guys! They are a small company with a tiny budget and only very dedicated staff who want to bring the best product they can to you. Such things are bound to happen every now and then. It's not like they're busy, sexually abusing eachother in their office and harassing women, to work on the game or anything.......
DenBettes (EUW)
: You bother so much for not "caring about this shit game" You need a new hoby my man. Go play runescape maybe? Not the easiest game and more important: You don't have to interact with human beings! Might fit you perfectly.
> [{quoted}](name=DenBettes,realm=EUW,application-id=ETj6EdvQ,discussion-id=avbNF1Uq,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-09T08:33:24.496+0000) > > You bother so much for not "caring about this shit game" As I've pointed out, I'd love for it to become good once again. > > You need a new hoby my man. I have enough hobbies, thank you. It also is none of your business what I do with my time :) > > Go play runescape maybe? Not the easiest game and more important: You don't have to interact with human beings! > Might fit you perfectly. Did your fee fee's get hurt when people don't just take your word for things? Oh poor little thing.
: >dulled down to nothing strategy wise? Quite opposite, my friend. In all seasons before season 9 you could OTP with single champ, single runes, single masteries. Like literally what would you take on Talon in s3? You only take Lethality (called armor pen those days), AD and may be one chunk of Crit. This meta, you have less versatile roles like mid/jng, where you _still_ can do OTP. But in all other roles, like ADC/supp, there is NO OTP. You have to learn at least 3 different champs, each one with 3 different builds, also learn all support combos you can have, and also be able to counterpick your enemy. Same story with Top, even _more_ complicated role then botlane (coz you constantly _watch_ all lanes for TP).
> [{quoted}](name=galoisgroup,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=sjsml5nh,comment-id=000500010000,timestamp=2019-12-09T01:25:19.114+0000) > > Quite opposite, my friend. > > In all seasons before season 9 you could OTP with single champ, single runes, single masteries. > Yes - now meta is forced and off-meta picks are often just unplayable. I'm pretty sure that that one setup being always available means you could adapt your gameplay to different combinations. Now if you don't play meta you're doomed. > Like literally what would you take on Talon in s3? You only take Lethality (called armor pen those days), AD and may be one chunk of Crit > You could take flat ad if you wanted. And build masteries around your gameplay. Runes at the time were pretty much like the 3 stats you gain today. Mastery builds, I would argue, were more diverse than they are today, as you could build for different strategies. > This meta, you have less versatile roles like mid/jng, where you _still_ can do OTP. OTP doesn't mean anything for strategic diversity, though. Your picks aren't the same as strategic diversity - they are matchups. Picking a different champ doesn't mean you have different choices you are able to make in game (for example splitting/contesting/counterjungling/scaling/backdooring/mobility - put in a very simplified way) An annie has to play very differently in a matchup @ top against jax, than in mid against veigar. Or as a support. THAT is diversity of strategy (and its only on 1 champion). You can't do that anymore, though.
DenBettes (EUW)
: ***
Oh look, someone's butthurt 'cause they can't form a logical argument. Cute.
: All that happens because game got to the highest complexity then it ever was. Developers should react and tune the matchmaking to more narrow search. Because you get one troll. Your game is ruined.
You mean it got filled with %%%%%%ed mechanics, and dulled down to nothing strategy wise? Because that's what has happened. You literally have 2 winning strategies left in the game: Either you become jesus and snap your fingers and everyone dies, or you do the meta and win that way. But hey, to keep the dopamine addicts hooked, we added some flashy new things and fast-paced gameplay (That doesn't actually even require that much skill to pull off, unless have damage in your cerebellum) so you want to make it to the highlight reels. Who would want to watch chess? That's just boring.
Sociopath (EUW)
: New bug is banning other people accounts
Well someone else reported a similar issue recently @ the community, a part of which mocked the (first) guy when he tried to find a solution for the problem: It is possible to get banned due to a mistake, and taunting the person trying to report such a bug is pretty bad.
: Clash Free Ticket Bug?
https://youtu.be/SW-BU6keEUw
: A "harder" soft reset is required after 10 years of using the same formula
idk. I am in gold after not playing actively for a few years. And any diamond player who played there themselves is not going to drop below gold level unless they get brain damage or something..
CholMan (EUW)
: you know what yall remind me of.. so one day i was at my friends store, he threw some food into the garbage because they were expired... later on a homeless guy comes picks it up, takes it home.. and then comes back 30-40 mins later and complains about the food tasting bad... league of legends is free, nobody forcing you to play this game.. you have no knowledge of coding you have no knowledge of anything... clash is free.. league of legends is free.. either sit ur ass down and wait for clash to work properly if it even happens ever, and play normal ranked/normal games whatever it is you do.. or shut the %%%% up and stop complaining and leave the game :)
> [{quoted}](name=CholMan,realm=EUW,application-id=ETj6EdvQ,discussion-id=avbNF1Uq,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-12-08T09:25:10.942+0000) > > you know what yall remind me of.. so one day i was at my friends store, he threw some food into the garbage because they were expired... later on a homeless guy comes picks it up, takes it home.. and then comes back 30-40 mins later and complains about the food tasting bad... league of legends is free, nobody forcing you to play this game.. you have no knowledge of coding you have no knowledge of anything... clash is free.. league of legends is free.. either sit ur ass down and wait for clash to work properly if it even happens ever, and play normal ranked/normal games whatever it is you do.. or shut the %%%% up and stop complaining and leave the game :) 1st of all, your friends doesn't throw away that food in intent of gaining money from that homeless man (the trashcan is not a platform for luring in customers). The analogy does not work. 2nd, it is free, yes, but it is also a business - people spend money in it, and it exists so that they can make money from it. Saying "it is free" is not an argument, because it isn't intended to be played by people just for free, but to make a profit from providing said service. 3rd People do pay to buy tickets that they can put into clash, so you're wrong. 4th even when someone (like me) plays it for free, I did in-fact schedule it into my day, which means that I am not doing other things (mind you, I did this only to offer my friends a chance of gaining rewards). So at least my investment in it is not doing the other things.
asconakos (EUNE)
: Almost 5 years since Skarner and Mordekaiser got a skin
Well the workers need to get paid for their effort. And skarner isn't soemthing that is going to pay the bills. And the costs of growing opium.
: Time to get at Gold promotion. I predict the future games.
ever heard of something called a self-fulfilling prophecy?
Ashton (EUW)
: Riot games aka dogs
Just would like to point out, that the fact that people do in-fact put money into these events they advertise, and how poorly they have taken care of setting them up.. Kind of gives you a rough picture of how much they care for their customers. I didn't pay anything for this, but had I done so I would be getting a refund (no, not asking) Ps. Old player who already quit, who scheduled time to play for some friends who needed someone to play with them. Just getting reminded why I shouldn't want to play this shit again.
: But don't worry Riot will for sure make something about this. in 2189 that is...
I think you're being way optimistic here. I would estimate that around the year 35223 we'll have a working matchmaking system. That's also the year they find that blocking the great mars mental asylum from playing increases the quality of the games significantly. Who would've known.
: I set the rule for myself. If I lose 2 games in a row I stop ranks for this day. Save your elo be smart!
Amen to this. When I still played ranked, this was the key to climbing.
: I think you forgot the times when the opposite team gets the AFK player, but yours finds a way to feed so much that you can't win either way cause you yourself are not fed enough.
Have you ever considered, that a lot of people would rather have good even games than winning free matches, and having an equal (or even slightly lesser) amount of unavoidable losses/ just generally bad games..?
: You know that feeling?
Lmao, that's a good way of putting it :)
: > [{quoted}](name=flame2death,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=9EAEbRfE,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-11-21T10:12:01.694+0000) > > ^^Pathetic^^ > no, at this point u just make a troll account and run down some games after u get fked on ur main. > > and as a cherry on top u write some encouraging phrases in chat to trigger people while running it down. Exactly. This is why "flamers are harmless because you can just mute them" is BS, because muted flamers and more than able to troll if they think they should. Hence, they are better banned than not.
Nobody here argued otherwise. Why are you talking as if someone did..? Are you illiterate?
: Yet another "**Flamers never trolls and trolls never flames**" Thread. Turns out, very often Flamers WILL troll and trolls WILL flame. But of course flamers still try to spread this tale for which: "i flame only because of trolls, and they should be blamed, not me". Pathetic. {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
At what point did he argue that they don't appear simultaneously? He said that ruining the game should be punished, not that something else shouldn't. (A is considered bad, and I do a. It's okay to me. But I think also b should be considered bad - that is not equivalent to b, therefore not a.... If you want it in same form, the argument would be a and b, instead of a but not b. You answer as if he was arguing that b not a, which isn't present in the post) Your level of reading comprehension is what's pathetic here.
Shamose (EUW)
: Being toxic == Ruining the game.
He didn't say that shouldn't be punished. He said both forms of ruining games should be punished. Do you have difficulties understanding what you read?
Aezander (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=PurpleOrk,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=9EAEbRfE,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-11-20T07:17:49.131+0000) > > Fanboys rushing to shoot down any criticism of the preposterous and deceiving report/ban system. > You're a monster for calling someone a "moron" (or just saying "report" and "troll" in chat and have a premade report you together, because who cares about context", great system). You're not a *monster* for calling someone *"moron*" (or any other insult for that matter); you are simply an idiot. Why ? Because a) You don't understand how a team work, and b) You are getting angry over an idiot in a ***game***. Also. I wonder when people will stop thinking that the number of reports matter. Because that thing has become obsolete after the IFS rolled out. > But who cares how much you troll? Feed, steal cs and camps, grief in any way you want... Even if you're reported in-client and through support, the chances of any consequences are very low, and that only after months of being so blatant it is obvious in your match history. > Nope, everything is perfect here. Just buy more skins. I've lost count how many threads and posts I've read that complain about trolls and ***intentionall*** feeders (and I've emboldened the *intentional* part because that guy that went 2/7 and AFKed (I'd use the term ragequit, but that's just me) is an idiot, neither a troll nor an inter. Just an idiot). Can you present to me a way of confirming the **intention** of trolls and inters with a nearly 100% certainty. Because that's what you have to prove through the game data; **intent**.
Idk. Usually when someone builds mobis and 5 tears, it's a pretty good sign. "oh they get banned" - you would say No, they don't. I didn't when my friend played that on my acc, and I haven't seen a single one I've reported for that get banned. One would think that's easy to detect. (idk if this has been fixed, but it lasted for at least 2 years if it has been, and its not like it wasn't known.. Great job rito)
DenBettes (EUW)
: You really have no clue :) As i stated before, not going to waste more time on your incapability of realising what this is actually about. Keep your head high in the clouds, you're gonna make it as a person! Peace
> [{quoted}](name=DenBettes,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=9I9jBoQH,comment-id=00120000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-04T16:06:46.823+0000) > > You really have no clue :) > > As i stated before, not going to waste more time on your incapability of realising what this is actually about. > > Keep your head high in the clouds, you're gonna make it as a person! > > Peace - When you can't construct an argument and insulting people doesn't work. Lmfao.
SiLVeRouLiS (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=LightOfTheSeven,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=knGmFGUx,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2019-12-02T16:03:43.323+0000) > > More like League uses 4 cores and it has some troubles when you offer only 2. My friend the graphics of LOL are a joke.. dual core pcs could run games with 2 times better graphics than lol and with better graphic engines...At Monday none had problems with fps drops and after wednesday they had...without any dramatically graphic changes ... LOL is a free fun game its not for gamers and hardcore gamers with 2000 pc are playing other games with 1000x times better graphics than lol's graphics... A lot of people with dual core pcs and i3 pcs they spend 1000 euro for riot's skins, champions, emotes etc... If riot change its graphic engine and make better graphics ok they need stronger pc..but with these graphics dual core should be run the game fine with 60fps...if they cant its because bad game optimized..
While I agree that rito is %%%%ing it up for people with low-end computers despite of promising the opposite (as I used to be one of those people!), I have to point out that a decent quad core processors costs like 60€... you could probably spend 500€ and scratch a decent pc with a quad core cpu from nothing. (Just pointing out that they aren't 2000€ hc gaming rigs...)
DenBettes (EUW)
: Gosh, you're such a wanna be Robin Hood kind of person. On every post you try to defend the plebs who bash Riot in ANYTHING they do. If my damn football coach would not turn up after 45 mins, i'm out. I go do USEFULL stuff instead of waiting and being an upset kid about it. It's a hobby, stop treating it like your work. If you wait 1h40m for a server to come online, i'm kinda sure you have no life besides league. Any person with a normal common sense would quit trying after minute 15-30 cause they have stuff in LIFE to do. You're free to quit league if you don't like it, go ahead, it won't hurt the game for a single second. All you do is spread hate towards a game that has given so many beautifull moments to ALL of us. And talking about self-centered... "the irony" as you like to call it (trying to act all smart). These players literaly put themselves and their needs above general good-functioning solutions to other problems. If this is one of your "legitimate" problems in life, i beg you to watch a documentary about real life problems. maybe you'll look at it from a different perspective after realising not being able to play a game for 1h40 is NOT the worst thing in the damn world. I'm done talking to you, you're anything but constructive. Agree to disagree. Peace
> [{quoted}](name=DenBettes,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=9I9jBoQH,comment-id=001200000000,timestamp=2019-12-04T12:43:37.978+0000) > > Gosh, you're such a wanna be Robin Hood kind of person. And you're such an edgy teenager. > > On every post you try to defend the plebs who bash Riot in ANYTHING they do. > Please. I try to do the bashing myself. Because I hate what they've done to the game, if that is not obvious at this point. > If my damn football coach would not turn up after 45 mins, i'm out. > I go do USEFULL stuff instead of waiting and being an upset kid about it. So you wouldn't be the least bit upset, and ask him to give you a heads up the next time...? > > It's a hobby, stop treating it like your work. I already pointed out why it would piss you off if this happened to you in your HOBBIES If it was my work, i wouldn't give a %%%% as I'm getting paid either way. > > If you wait 1h40m for a server to come online, i'm kinda sure you have no life besides league. That's the point - if they don't tell you how long it is about to take, you have no way of knowing - if they say its at a specific time, you expect it to be at that time, unless an update is given. That's why not informing about it is a problem. Do you read these posts at all? > Any person with a normal common sense would quit trying after minute 15-30 cause they have stuff in LIFE to do. 30 minutes could %%%% up your schedul%%%%ready. And it is bad practice by the company either way. > > You're free to quit league if you don't like it, go ahead, it won't hurt the game for a single second. I already did. > All you do is spread hate towards a game that has given so many beautifull moments to ALL of us. I do give them credit when they do something well - which unfortunately seems to be rare. Do you expect me to NOT criticize them, if they do something I consider bad, to something I consider good? Most people understand that it's not a dichotomy between 'the good and the bad' - and therefore don't need to neither idolize nor demonize it. You don't seem to be capable of understanding that - you think riot is the best thing to ever walk the face of the earth, because you like the game. No negative words to be said, no matter how obvious the misconduct. > > And talking about self-centered... "the irony" as you like to call it (trying to act all smart). What? You don't have to be a smart to have a sense of irony. > These players literaly put themselves and their needs above general good-functioning solutions to other problems. No...? They want them to be informed if there's a delay - it doesn't take anything away from riot as such things can actually be automated, or at worst would take a couple of seconds to push out. > If this is one of your "legitimate" problems in life, Well it's not mine, because as I pointed out, I don't play league. >i beg you to watch a documentary about real life problems. Cute. What are you, 15? > maybe you'll look at it from a different perspective after realising not being able to play a game for 1h40 is NOT the worst thing in the damn world. Nobody claimed that. > > I'm done talking to you, you're anything but constructive. What? And here I thought you are the one trying to insult people pointing out issues with league. Now I see, those were actually rational and well-thought arguments completely disproving what your opponents said, whereas I was just spewing hateful nonsense. My bad! > > Agree to disagree. Um.. No? This would imply that what you are saying had at least some logical reasoning behind it, which I don't think it does. You're just silly. If you have difficulties wrapping your head around such simple concepts, then you are in for a wild ride when you get out to the real world.
DenBettes (EUW)
: Holy shit you guys are so fcking addicted and you can't even tell. "Oh no my game is not online for 2h" /end babyrage. Jesus man, get a life. Get your head out of your ass thinking you're the fcking prince of bell air. If it's not up, there's a reason for it not to be online. What if they put it online at 05:00 and it still has bugs? Then you morons will only make a next post with "erh ma geud, bad server update wth". Seriously, stop being an absolute twathead towards a game designer if you have no clue how this shit works. If you want an addiction that is always there, start smoking or buy some alcohol, would solve both your and my problem: idiots on this game
> [{quoted}](name=DenBettes,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=9I9jBoQH,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2019-12-04T10:00:44.957+0000) > > Holy shit you guys are so fcking addicted and you can't even tell. > > "Oh no my game is not online for 2h" /end babyrage. > > Jesus man, get a life. Maybe people do in-fact have a life, and would appreciate knowing if it is worth waiting for the server to be online (because of delays), or just giving up playing in their free time. Some people don't have all day for playing games. > > Get your head out of your ass thinking you're the fcking prince of bell air. The irony >If it's not up, there's a reason for it not to be online. Nobody claimed otherwise > What if they put it online at 05:00 and it still has bugs? > Then we'd expect a notification saying 'were sorry for delays, we estimate bla bla bla' It doesn't take much from riot to do that, btw. > Then you morons will only make a next post with "erh ma geud, bad server update wth". > Seriously, stop being an absolute twathead towards a game designer if you have no clue how this shit works. Stop being so self-centered, and understand that that few hours delay isn't the same for everyone else as it might be for you. It might in-fact affect scheduling for some people. > If you want an addiction that is always there, start smoking or buy some alcohol, would solve both your and my problem: idiots on this game Addiction =/= a hobby. Would you not be dissatisfied, if your football coach said he'd be doing the practice 30 minutes late(for whatever reason), and then showed up 4 hours late without any additional warning? If that was a regular occurrence, I would claim most people wouldn't play in that team for long :) (Not that I personally give a crap about this game, but it is annoying to see self-centered assholes like you talking shit to people who have legitimate issues to address)
Sefi (EUNE)
: would you rather have the one guy on nightshift change the time every 30 minutes or actually work on the maintenance...
It wouldn't even be that difficult to automate something like this. If there really was no other options available.... Even a minimal effort....
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=NULL EXISTENCE,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=9I9jBoQH,comment-id=00030003,timestamp=2019-12-04T06:31:48.856+0000) > > hey how many times a week do you suck your own cock? genuine question. Imagine being so entitled that you just HAD to post this bullshit message. Yes rito could have told us that maintenance was being extended but stfu with this self-righteous " respect or decency, frankly disgusting" bullshit. If an hour and thirty minutes of unexplained extended maintenance is enough to get you to boycott Riot then you probably should have quit when you couldnt leave gold for 5 seasons. Stfu you entitled cvnt Well, this is one of those things that goes under 'respecting your customers'. Why would I support a company that does not respect me as a customer? Answer: I wouldn't.
DenBettes (EUW)
: Or... maybe you just got worse at the game? I used to be better myself, but if i'm 100% honest with myself, i've been playing worse and worse. Does that mean balance/trolls/riot is %%%%ing up my winrate? Hell no, it's me and only me. And Rank does matter in an argument like this. Let me make a comparison. Messi or Ronaldo saying you have to run in that line to get the ball in front of the goal Some random soccerplayer on sundayleague saying you have to run that line to get the ball in front of the goal. Who's arguments do you think are more considerable than the other? And don't act like a fool here, defending the random soccerplayer on sundayleague. You must be good at something to see balance and understand the flaws of the things you consider "unbalanced". An iron player discussing about "amumu is unbalanced cause he can stun 5!! people" kinda proves my point considering balance. Can these people have an opinion on game lay-out, client experience,... FOR SURE! They probably use it even more than casual diamond players. But when it comes down to indepth game balance,... ask the strong players, not the weak ones.
> [{quoted}](name=DenBettes,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=wE1AqVdy,comment-id=0002000000030001,timestamp=2019-12-03T08:53:34.853+0000) > > Or... maybe you just got worse at the game? Well I haven't been very active here apart from observing every now and then - I was mainly referring to the point where it went too far downhill in my point of view (which is when I stopped playing). > > I used to be better myself, but if i'm 100% honest with myself, i've been playing worse and worse. > Does that mean balance/trolls/riot is %%%%ing up my winrate? > Hell no, it's me and only me. I couldn't care any less if I was winning or losing. And I've never done. > > And Rank does matter in an argument like this. > Let me make a comparison. > > Messi or Ronaldo saying you have to run in that line to get the ball in front of the goal > Some random soccerplayer on sundayleague saying you have to run that line to get the ball in front of the goal. > > Who's arguments do you think are more considerable than the other? > And don't act like a fool here, defending the random soccerplayer on sundayleague. And one would recognize that this is an argument based on authority - I would probably ask for a reasoning as to why they should do that. As you pointed out above, winning/losing tends to affects people's opinions, therefore they tend to be biased. Data, however, is not. And on data you should make your judgements. And a silver is able to argue on that basis just as well as a diamond. I pretty much never 'just take someone's word for it', but request to know the reasoning behind. > > You must be good at something to see balance and understand the flaws of the things you consider "unbalanced". > A good coach is not necessarily a great football player himself. > > An iron player discussing about "amumu is unbalanced cause he can stun 5!! people" kinda proves my point considering balance. An iron player making a bad argument, does not 'prove' that iron players are incapable of making good arguments. It proves that he is wrong in the argument he's making. > Can these people have an opinion on game lay-out, client experience,... FOR SURE! They probably use it even more than casual diamond players. What..? > But when it comes down to indepth game balance,... ask the strong players, not the weak ones. Or I let everyone chip-in, and understand that they have something valuable to provide. People who think they know everything are destined to be wrong.
: Then how do you see anything bring in new players? "Oh make a skin, this will totally make them play the game". "Oh look new runes, this way we will get new players". What do you think new players want? They want a champion they feel excited playing. For example, when Darius, Zed and Pyke came out, the players increased by 75%. Why you ask? You should know why if you done any kind of selling or even gone to school cause everyone gets teached why certain companies do things. On top of that, tons of OLD players return to the game to play this new champion and some even get stuck as a One-trick on him. A good example is without doubt Pyke. Pyke came out and the increase in Popularity was out of chart. He was so popular Riot released 3! Skins in 1 year. They also avoided to nerf him that entire time due to have many new players were playing him. While all old players would rage at LoL for doing what they intend to.
> [{quoted}](name=The Hero Simon,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=MGV5eeXE,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-12-03T11:21:17.429+0000) > > Then how do you see anything bring in new players? That's not my problem, though. I pointed out why new champions do the opposite. >"Oh make a skin, this will totally make them play the game". "Oh look new runes, this way we will get new players". Probably the same way riot has been getting them for ages - advertising. League used to be advertised as something easy to pick up - that catches the people with "oh I don't have to put much effort in this" -> the cost of just trying it out is less. That's not the case anymore, because of the direction the game has been taken for years now. > What do you think new players want? They want a champion they feel excited playing. They already have over 100 new champions to feel excited about. A new player isn't going to try them out let alone learn them in a month, or even two. I would bet money that if we could study this, most people hadn't played all (or nearly all) champs even after a year of playing. Why would you get excited over a new champion, when there already is more than enough that you don't know - and that therefore feel new to you? >For example, when Darius, Zed and Pyke came out, the players increased by 75%. Why you ask? First off, I need you to cite the source for this. Second, even if it did (wtf do you even mean by 75%? That league almost doubled its playerbase, in contrast to previous growth? I doubt that.... Kind of impossible to answer to something like this if you don't cite a source) >You should know why if you done any kind of selling or even gone to school cause everyone gets ~~teached~~ taught why certain companies do things. Like writing and English. But I guess you try to refer to the 'you can advertise something with it being new' First off, it's not the only way to sell things, nor is it always even effective. Just as well you can say something is old (therefore reliable). As I pointed out, being simple to learn has been a selling point for league in the past - and advertising new champions would kind of go against that. >On top of that, tons of OLD players return to the game to play this new champion and some even get stuck as a One-trick on him. And a bunch of them have left because of that - not stating numbers (and sources for them) isn't really an argument: "this thing happens" Well if the pool of subjects is large enough and there's a probability for it to happen, then yes, that is very likely. That doesn't mean anything, though, as x happening doesn't refer to anything else, for example frequency. >A good example is without doubt Pyke. Pyke came out and the increase in Popularity was out of chart. He was so popular Riot released 3! Skins in 1 year. They also avoided to nerf him that entire time due to have many **new players** were playing him. While all old players would rage at LoL for doing what they intend to. Source? Afaik riot hasn't released statistics over this in a while. If you want an example against 'new and exciting', you can look at oldschool runescape for a good one. They rolled back years of... 'improvement', And revived the playerbase.
DenBettes (EUW)
: The fact you played for 8 years straight and are still struggling in gold, kinda proves you have no idea how balance works. I don't want to offend you at all, but that's just how it is. As long as the winrate of a champion does not exceed 55%, it's balanced. As long as the winrate of a champion does not go lower than 45%, it's balanced. Sure, you have stronger and weaker champions, but some people are stronger on weaker champions. Which is probably more beneficial than being weak on a strong champion. It all comes down to skill, teamplay, game knowledge and timings within each game. All the other stuff is just you bullshitting the forum to make yourself feel better about your losses. And FYI; kai'sa her winrate on worlds was under 50%
You can just hover over my boards profile and you see that I was diamond for 3 seasons straight. I stopped playing ranked. (Which, as a person who's not %%%%%%ed would understand, is why my rank is going down season by season - I cba to climb up) For that matter, rank shouldn't even matter when making arguments, as you should evaluate arguments based on their content, not on the persons character. I love how you pretty much just prove the point I made :)
EutDesu (EUW)
: Unable to buy Chromas from Blue essense if you don't own the skin.
or just make the chromas permanently be based. I think the rotation thing is just silly. "Oh cool I can customize the things I spent real money on, without spending real money" Adds more value to your purchase without actually taking away from further purchases. But hey, that'd be good both for the players and encourage them to buy more stuff because of a positive experience. We can't have that. Our income MUST come from %%%%ing the customers.
: Bring back dominion T_T
Yup. Would probably bring back at least some dedicated dominion players, who don't care for the base game anymore.. Like.. Me....
: Xerath had to be reworked... so yeah he broke stuff
Yes - he was bad design. But he didn't break the game, like op champs tend to do. My point is that he caused no issues with the game, whereas op champs tend to negatively affect how you can play other champions. I don't really see why in any way them being op would be a better option than them being weaker, game wise. You probably need to adjust them anyways, why not do it so that they don't make the game less balanced while at it. (Answer is obviously money..). But balance wise its dumb.
: She’s still new, people are still learning her. It’s best Riot wait until she’s fully settled before changing her as her strengh level will still likely change. Being too early with the first buff/nerf never works out and has caused massive issues in the past, Riot is right to be patient
I'll be honest, I'd rather have new champs have the Xerath treatment, than break the game as they tend to do. Then again, one of these brings in the moneys from people who try to abuse op champs, and the other doesn't. I'm pretty sure Xerath didn't break anything and is a pretty good champ atm.
Hansiman (EUW)
: Preseason is always intended to be a bit of a mess, because it gives Riot more data to tune things with. It's how it always works.
Are you implying that the game itself is not intended to be a mess? Well someone %%%%ed up I guess.
: S3 Veteran , Final Thoughts , Why I Think The Game Is Garbage
Played since season 1. Been on the verge of quitting for the reasons mentioned by the op. And the login change was the last nail in the coffin for me. As for balance: They constantly bring in new champs that are op to sell them more (yeah league aint p2w.. Well it wasn't before... Of course I can afford them with my 100k+ blue, but balance wise they are %%%%%%ed and that takes away fun from the game.) Generally they have %%%%ed over the roles of champs: you can now just play mages and assassins as the primary damage dealers, even lategame. Adc won't catch up and doesn't have a role in the game anymore. Supports (traditional ones, not the ap shits) have been trashed in favor of ap supps, because everyone wants flashy 32094809 damage plays rather than strategy. In a strategy-based game. I also think the playerbase is a part of the problem: The time I spent arguing with people here, trying to explain them why %hp damage was the thing causing something like tank fizz and ekko to be op, not tank items themselves. Good thing that is over for the most part, but people still don't understand why something is a problem, and often just spout how the game is in a good place, be it because of their mains being op at the moment, or that they don't really understand the mechanics. For example how rengar's 0.01 seconds kills (and even less) weren't a problem because "you get an exclamation mark".... Or Leblanc's silence wasn't op because "she has a low winrate". I have a bunch of posts here where I calculate the damage (and other) outputs of two champions through the whole game to explain someone why you'd never pick champion a over champion b (which took me many hours to include and fetch the variables). People are too lazy to do this themselves and argue without the facts which makes it difficult to have a reasonable discussion over balance. That being said, I don't claim I'm right in everything, but I do claim to have a decent grasp on these things. Of course balance could be taken towards different directions, but what Rito is doing, for example not nerfing kai'sa despite of it being just broken, because "worlds playzzzzz yooo, bring in dat cash money!", is just behavior of a company that I am not willing to support. It's sacrificing the playerbase for a cash-in. What I'm trying to say that it is clear that they care more about the money than the game (which will end up hurting their income at some point). Also, whenever riot does bring forth these problems (say the rengar kill time, where they stated they wanted to make it so that anyone is able to outplay anyone and have counterplay - they'd remove these things that assassins were doing...) And then they withdraw the statements because that's not what looks flashy in lcs. According to them (I did watch lcs back in the days, not for many years because its just as shit as the game is now). Riot's priorities suck, that's nothing new. I don't expect a change in this, though I would hope for the game to return to its roots.
: Exactly. Fully reworked champions count as new champions too! Except some players may already own skins for them that are being redesigned too...
@kayle... My old favorite champion that got teh shit treatment. I actually used to collect her skins. Thanks for making her into something I hate, Riot.
: New champions = bigger player base = more money = more workers.
Eh..? I don't see how new champions bring in more players. More like it makes the game harder to learn for newer players. Especially with the new ones having overloaded kits and being hard to play and play against. And making old players quit because of changing the game too much.
: is called powercreep, when they want more more money they realease broken or unbalanced champs so ppl can buy them. Senna is clear example.
Yup. The need to cash in before they become irrelevant is what has killed so many games. Could just keep the players and keep bringing in money for ages, but hey that'd take some actual effort.
: Or like just make new items? I honestly find items to be way more fun than champs.
This. Champs just %%%% up so many things and make it much more exhausting to play the game.
Kpuc (EUW)
: yes but to keep players interested in the game they do create new champions, instead of focusing on the things above
New things =/= keeping interest. Old things =/= players losing interest. Look at oldschool rs. They made the game horrible, they rolled back -> the playbase returned. No changes is better than bad changes. Why do you think a lot of the old players have quit league? Because it didn't change enough? ('got tired') More like they got tired of it changing too much and changing priority in balancing. League isn't even close to the same game it used to be, and a lot of people have quit because of that. Saying 'no change will make people quit' isn't completely honest: sure some people would quit but it would also probably help keep some other players. There are negatives and positives. I would prefer them to stop rolling in champs and shift balancing priority towards what it was ~s3 and s4, with the focus going on strategy and knowledge over mechanics. But that's not going to happen (but it is the reason why I will always think s3 and s4 were the best, as they were the season where strategy mattered the most)
Show more

Father Tios

Level 132 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion