: > [{quoted}](name=Festergut,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=LNqRdRPI,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-17T09:37:16.930+0000) > > You can troll, go afk, throw games, feed, do the worst things you can imagine, just don't talk in chat and you will be fine. This is the policy of Riot for LoL, a game they changed for the new snowflake generation. "Don't be a jerk" is now a product of the "snowflake generation", now? That explains a lot about your thread. See also... > They are going the SJW route with this game and it will go down faster and faster. ..._that_ tired old buzzword. Yawn. > They already lost so many players and will continue to lose more. If the players being "lost" are the ones who act aggressive in the chat window and _directly_ ruin other people's leisure time, I don't see what the issue is. > If you still want to use the chat, two things matter: the number of messages you write and the number of reports you get, nothing more. [citation needed] > I had people wishing me cancer or to die in different awful ways, kill myself etc. They still play the game, no ban or anything like this. You can't possibly know that they didn't get punished, you only say this because you didn't see it happen. > But after 2 games with idiots, i got banned 14 days for chatting. In one game i told a "teemo main" to play something else, but he and his voli friend completely ruined the game. In my 2nd game our adc went afk ~20min. She came back after min25 or so, we had nothing left, but me saying that in chat made them report me. I always try to win my games, i never feed or play to lose. I'M ALWAYS TRYING TO WIN, but for talking i got banned 14 days now. Banned, not muted or anything like that. I didn't tell them to die, kill themselfs etc. They can also mute me in-game, but i cannot stop them from trolling, feeding, go afk etc. Even ignoring how we only have your word for it that that _was_ all you said, rather than something substantial to show for your behaviour (like say, the chatlogs you received when you were banned that you conveniently said in another comment that you "lost"), you seem to be under the impression that other people doing something wrong suddenly puts you in the clear to retaliate. Even if that _was_ all you said, that's not at all how that works. > All that matters for Riot is to have a nice friendly chat(this looks good for parents i guess). Oh yes, god forbid people want a nice, positive atmosphere to spend their leisure time in. How awful it is that people play a _game_ in order to have _fun_ and would rather people _didn't_ spoil that fun. > Riot chose this simple punishing system which is so bad and with so many problems; Which you never at all elaborate on beyond vague personal anecdotes and a dubious martyr complex, but whatever. > but easy to implement i guess and it makes them look good for this snowflake generation that gets offended from anything And not, you know, the specifically-offensive things that happen to get said to them.
> [{quoted}](name=Cobaltmotari,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=LNqRdRPI,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-04-17T17:38:13.844+0000) > > "Don't be a jerk" is now a product of the "snowflake generation", now? That explains a lot about your thread. See also... > > ..._that_ tired old buzzword. Yawn. > So chating with people makes me a jerk, but trolling, feeding, ruining people games and time is something else, something better. Nice logic. > If the players being "lost" are the ones who act aggressive in the chat window and _directly_ ruin other people's leisure time, I don't see what the issue is. The players lost are the players that left, for other games, other experiences etc. You tell me that only the aggressive players left? You must be "not very smart". It's so easy to generalize, right? > > [citation needed] > > You can't possibly know that they didn't get punished, you only say this because you didn't see it happen. > Of course i can see that, you can check their accounts on op.gg and see that they played for a long time after, without any problems. I did this for over 10 players and it was like i said. No punishment. Troll on, just don't talk in chat. > Even ignoring how we only have your word for it that that _was_ all you said, rather than something substantial to show for your behaviour (like say, the chatlogs you received when you were banned that you conveniently said in another comment that you "lost"), you seem to be under the impression that other people doing something wrong suddenly puts you in the clear to retaliate. Even if that _was_ all you said, that's not at all how that works. I didn't say that, i said that many people feed, leave, troll etc. and rarely get punished, while being "toxic" in chat gets you banned fast. I was angry and i said what i belive, tired of so many people ruining my games, simple as that. That doesn't makes what i did right, but i am just a human after all and i do mistakes. I also refuse to be a nice slave and bow down while they troll me over and over again, i just can't. > > Oh yes, god forbid people want a nice, positive atmosphere to spend their leisure time in. How awful it is that people play a _game_ in order to have _fun_ and would rather people _didn't_ spoil that fun. > Maybe you can dream of ponies and unicorns and write happy thoughts in chat while they ruin game after game and not by playing bad, by doing it like trolls. Also those 2 games were in the last 3 days. I don't act like this non-stop. It happened in 2 games, 3 days apart with many between them. > Which you never at all elaborate on beyond vague personal anecdotes and a dubious martyr complex, but whatever. > > And not, you know, the specifically-offensive things that happen to get said to them. I am not sure i can write here what i told them, i called them r-tards and things like this, but i didn't wish them to die or anything close to that. If that is so bad, ban me of course. But keep the players that ruin games. I am no martyr, it's just my experience in the last year with this game. A game focused 100% on kids, do whatever you want, but be nice in chat. Make the chat a positive experience. Man if you want to chat go use facebook or some other crap, last time i checked this was a competitive game.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: >I didn't get banned for "most" games, i didn't say you were selective reading much? >What does stop them from trolling? if they get banned for it, that stops them everything else has no effect. none. be it flame, threaths, "counter trolling" or whatever else you can come up with to "retaliate" . none of it actually stops a troll from trolling. >No worries, they will lose more and more players, like they do now. damn it... i'm out of bourbon... i've been taking a shot each time i see a "league is dying" comment for the past 6 years. i'm surprisingly still sane.
How do you get that number "204.853.428"? Anyway, you want to be right too much; i told you how to check it, go on op.gg on a region, look at your place - you are x.xxxx.xxx player, which is in top xx%. Do the math how much is 100% of that. These are the ranked players of that region. That number is going down fast, year after year. I tell you how i did things, how you can do them and you still ask over and over for proof. As i can see you barely play on your lol account, i bet you spent more time here in the past weeks. Maybe (is this) your job? I don't know or care. I will reply to you only if i see something smart posted. P.S. Be happy, yes Riot is the best company, they get billions (or more) of new players year after year. In the end one thing matters - the wallet. It's not like they already had layoffs or you can read about the number of lol players online. I also told you how i did it. Anyway, we will see which way it goes. Until then, goodbye, good luck and try to troll someone else.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: >I didn't get banned for "most" games, i didn't say you were selective reading much? >What does stop them from trolling? if they get banned for it, that stops them everything else has no effect. none. be it flame, threaths, "counter trolling" or whatever else you can come up with to "retaliate" . none of it actually stops a troll from trolling. >No worries, they will lose more and more players, like they do now. damn it... i'm out of bourbon... i've been taking a shot each time i see a "league is dying" comment for the past 6 years. i'm surprisingly still sane.
> [{quoted}](name=Voldymort,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=LNqRdRPI,comment-id=0003000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-17T13:34:06.220+0000) > > i didn't say you were > > selective reading much? This is exactly how you post. I did it like you. I asked some things, but you pick some parts from my messages that you want to reply to and quote just that part. > > if they get banned for it, that stops them > > everything else has no effect. none. > > be it flame, threaths, "counter trolling" or whatever else you can come up with to "retaliate" . none of it actually stops a troll from trolling. Exactly, nothing does. Riot for sure doesn't do that. This was my point. All i wanted is a game with less trolling and more play. This was my mistake, a game promoted so hard to kids, won't be that game, mea culpa. > > damn it... i'm out of bourbon... > > i've been taking a shot each time i see a "league is dying" comment for the past 6 years. i'm surprisingly still sane. They lost lots of players in the last ~2 years or so. Not because of trolling of course. Many left for PUGS, Fortnite etc. Some because they don't like the community and how the game evolved. I played this game from beta and now i have only one real friend playing the game atm and he plays mostly ARAM. The rest of them moved on. You can also check the number of ranked players from season to season, it's going down fast. It will die? No. But i bet Tencent will start again with the layoffs. In the end the wallet rules.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: >I also know it's just talk. That didn't offend me in any way. >Talk is exactly that, just talk. if that were true, you wouldn't have been punished for it and subsequently wouldn't be talking about it right now >but play like you want to win and i will feel fine and even honor you. most people do exactly that. most people don't play bad to intentionally lose matches. they play bad because it's the best they can manage. > Muting won't solve anything, i did that many times and i got nothing, they still act like that. muting isn't supposed to stop them from trolling. it's supposed to stop you from seeing their flame comments flaming them doesn't stop them from trolling. rather it rewards their behaviour because now they know that they got to you. by flaming a troll, you are playing right into their hands.
> [{quoted}](name=Voldymort,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=LNqRdRPI,comment-id=00030000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-17T12:56:10.245+0000) > > if that were true, you wouldn't have been punished for it and subsequently wouldn't be talking about it right now That was my opinion, like i said. Wish me the worst things, but play ok and i don't care. > > most people do exactly that. most people don't play bad to intentionally lose matches. they play bad because it's the best they can manage. > I didn't get banned for "most" games, just for 2. One with 2 trolls, playing to lose and one with a leaver for 20min in the beginning of the game. > muting isn't supposed to stop them from trolling. it's supposed to stop you from seeing their flame comments What does stop them from trolling? If you take my last 10-20 games, i reported a few that lost the games just because they wanted to. They said it in chat, went on feeding and lost the games. Nothing happened to them after the reports. I had people asking in champ select for a role or they will troll pick, they did troll pick and we lost that game. A game lost from the start and Riot does nothing. > > flaming them doesn't stop them from trolling. rather it rewards their behaviour because now they know that they got to you. by flaming a troll, you are playing right into their hands. I know, but after many games with idiots, i had to talk with some. I know telling them won't help, but i had nothing better to do. I was angry, i admit. It is my time. One guy can easily ruin the game for up to 9 more players and Riot does nothing. No worries, they will lose more and more players, like they do now.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: >You can ask support, it's free 100%, you will see. i did ask about afking in spam fashion a while back and what they said comes into direct conflict with your claims. unless you can post your exchange so we can see what the support said too, all you have are **claims**. nothing more. >Do you know if they keep logs and if i am allowed to post them here? I am serious. they do and you are
I will ask them. Like i said it was in private messages with support.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: >If someone tells me how my family should die, over and over and trolls all my game, it doesn't matter? it's not an excus to flame them back. just mute and report and continue to play the game. flaming them back does nothing except extend the drama and give him a reason to reply further. >Maybe you live in your nice fluffy online world, but in the real world, at least for me, it matters. there's a difference between stuff happening in the real world and stuff that happens on a computer screen. one of them requires self defence of the physical variety, the other requires self defence of the "click this button"variety guess which is which! >Also calling someone useless or zero is not "toxic" it is just the truth, doing nothing, staying behind towers doing EXACTLY nothing is "useless and zero". A fact. something being "true" or "a fact" does not make it "not toxic" if i call a fat guy fat, that is both true and toxic because it's disrespectful, rude and mean it's not a difficult concept to understand
First, i had someone with cancer around me, i won't get into details. If he knew how that feels, he would not talk like that with anyone. I also know it's just talk. That didn't offend me in any way. Wish me cancer, tell me to die, to kill myself etc., but play like you want to win and i will feel fine and even honor you. Talk is exactly that, just talk. My problem, what offended me, was him playing like that, staying behind the tower and trolling. Muting won't solve anything, i did that many times and i got nothing, they still act like that. Another lost game, i didn't care about getting banned back then, at all.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: >Ask support, i did exactly that. the support doesn't share what they do with other players cases, what is discussed or decided. unless you decide to present proof of the stuff you claim to be true, all we have are claims and arguments on the "trust me" variety which don't hold enough water to bathe an ant
> [{quoted}](name=Voldymort,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=LNqRdRPI,comment-id=000400000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-17T12:33:06.518+0000) > > the support doesn't share what they do with other players cases, what is discussed or decided. > > unless you decide to present proof of the stuff you claim to be true, all we have are claims and arguments on the "trust me" variety which don't hold enough water to bathe an ant Do you even read what i write? What other cases? I know they will never tell me about other cases. I asked for myself - what happens if i leave during a game and what "low prio" means. And after many replies, i got my answer - only a cooldown, and they told me that i am a "leaver" also. This happened a few months ago, i told you. You can ask support, it's free 100%, you will see. If you still want to defend Riot, do it, i have nothing to gain from lying, they can come here and tell me i lie. I know what i talked with support. Do you know if they keep logs and if i am allowed to post them here? I am serious.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: >Tell me how to get logs from a year ago, please. if you didn't get them in the mail at the time, you can ask support to send them to you by opening a ticket >Also remember they only show my messages, not everything in chat. only your messages matter. someone else being toxic "first" does not mean it's ok or justified for you to be toxic too
If someone tells me how my family should die, over and over and trolls all my game, it doesn't matter? Maybe you live in your nice fluffy online world, but in the real world, at least for me, it matters. I didn't even said i didn't deserve the ban in that case. I said that the other 2 guys didn't get banned, that's all. Also calling someone useless or zero is not "toxic" it is just the truth, doing nothing, staying behind towers doing EXACTLY nothing is "useless and zero". A fact.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: >This is where you are wrong 100%. I did exactly that a few months ago and after so many replies where they tried to evade a direct answer, i finally got someone from support to tell me exactly that. All they get is a cooldown. i assume you have no proof of that exchange either, right?
Ask support, i did exactly that. And i did it because i had that "friend" that left game after game and nothing happened to him. If they keep logs and if i am allowed to post them here i will. I get nothing from this. I am done with LoL, at least in EUNE.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: >I don't have logs from those games how convenient {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
Tell me how to get logs from a year ago, please. Also remember they only show my messages, not everything in chat. Belive what you want. It's a free world. Even if someone is toxic, what is worst: talking in chat, where you can mute anyone in a second or ruining the game for 4 other people? Don't you worry, unpunished trolls will troll more. More people will leave in the end.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: >Maybe you are right, but i don't think so you are free to open a ticket and ask support about it but that's how it works
This is where you are wrong 100%. I did exactly that a few months ago and after so many replies where they tried to evade a direct answer, i finally got someone from support to tell me exactly that. All they get is a cooldown. That took a few weeks of talking to support. So call it "low priority", sounds fancy, but it's just a cooldown, without any other punishment. Thank you for making me remember this also: they also considered me a "leaver" for leaving games BEFORE they started, in ARAM. So leaving before a game starts in ARAM because you don't like the team or leaving after the game starts (in any mode) it is the same thing in the end (same punishment) - all you get is "low prio". So ruining the game for 9 people for 20 min or more it's the same as leaving before some ARAM game starts and everyone will just join another game in a minute or so. Riot cheap punishment system. Just so you know, i never leave during any games and i hate people that do. I have like ~4000 games of lol with 5 or so leaves when i lost power and/or internet.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: >Messaging a lot matters 100%, at least for a chat ban. It happened to me some time ago, normal messages, but repeated many times, nothing even remotely bad. prove it! post the overly lengthy logs that were definitely not toxic in any way, shape, or form >I told one he is a "useless troll and r-tard", the other one that he "does and is zero" and i got banned. and how are those comments not toxic?!?
> [{quoted}](name=Voldymort,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=LNqRdRPI,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-04-17T11:31:56.231+0000) > > prove it! post the overly lengthy logs that were definitely not toxic in any way, shape, or form I don't have logs from those games, you can trust me or not. I wasn't toxic when i got that chat ban back then. But "toxic in any way, shape or form", wtf does that mean? Some people will find anything offensive, even saying "hello" to them. Is that a problem? Maybe too many messages makes them feel bad. As for my ban from last year, how can i get chat logs from that? I told you my experience, telling someone he is a "r-tard" is something that i will do even if i get banned 100 times, if i feel like it, not sorry about that at all. I was tired of that guy trolling, feeding and telling me how my family should die; trust me i wish i had him telling me that face to face.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: >If you still want to use the chat, two things matter: the number of messages you write and the number of reports you get, nothing more. neither of them matter what you say in chat is the only thing that matters. if the best use of your time is to type novels every time you back, die or have the time to use the keyboard for communication then you can. so long as you aren't toxic.
Messaging a lot matters 100%, at least for a chat ban. It happened to me some time ago, normal messages, but repeated many times, nothing even remotely bad. Another time, last year i had a guy, playing mid, wishing me cancer and my family to die. He said it all game long, i was jungling. In the same game another player, adc, doing the same, trying to get me angry. I told one he is a "useless troll and r-tard", the other one that he "does and is zero" and i got banned. They played on those accounts without problems for a long time. Other than that all i did i asking them over and over to help win the game.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: that's not at all how low priority queue works also you can get banned for excessive leaving
Maybe you are right, but i don't think so, that guy played for a long time like that, until he got bored and changed the game, he still logs rarely. At least 2 of his accounts - the ones i know about - are not banned.
: you know, any other day i'd be bashing on you. unfortunately, i too have witnessed people go unpunished for the wishing death insult so...you are not totally wrong but going AFK too much DOES get punished
Yes, going AFK will give you a cooldown, they have a special name for it, i can't remember now. But that is all you get, like when leaving games. People like that have a few accounts. I had a "friend" last season that did exactly this. If he thinks he loses the game, exit, log in on another account and play. You can rotate like this forever. I think he had like 3 accounts, not sure.
Shamose (EUW)
: People who use "Snowflake" and "SJW" are hard to take seriously.
Why? These are people that act like they get offended from anything, while doing a lot worst themselves. Like i said, you can mute someone in one second.
Rioter Comments
Cypherous (EUW)
: No, you don't understand how the remake option works, it does not matter if he returns, if he was disconnected for a set amount of time then the remake option will be offered regardless, its then down to the players to decide if they think a remake is required, the game is still going to ask you if you want to remake
> [{quoted}](name=Cypherous,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=BVdNAW2t,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-27T17:05:42.341+0000) > > No, you don't understand how the remake option works, it does not matter if he returns, if he was disconnected for a set amount of time then the remake option will be offered regardless, its then down to the players to decide if they think a remake is required, the game is still going to ask you if you want to remake No one was disconnected for any amount of time. They were in the game from start.
Cypherous (EUW)
: The remake option requires someone be disconnected for a set amount of time at the start of a match, if he reconnected too late the remake option would still get triggered
You just don't understand, don't you? They were both in-game and PLAYING. I have the replays.
: Maybe he ragequit so the enemy team had a chance to dodge a possible lose. Now the remake function is bugged and you can call it if someone is disconnected for 0.001 seconds.
> [{quoted}](name=TheToysTracker,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=BVdNAW2t,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-07-27T14:15:23.416+0000) > > Maybe he ragequit so the enemy team had a chance to dodge a possible lose. Now the remake function is bugged and you can call it if someone is disconnected for 0.001 seconds. No, it happened again now, on my side. Another ranked game, i started bot with red, MF(my adc) stole my buff. After i finished my blue, i was on the river and in chat i saw the remake option. I wrote /remake and the game was over. After the game, Talon was the "leaver", but the game ended like 10sec after he made a kill mid.
Rioter Comments
: Working as intented. Inb4 riot white knights come with "its hard to detect trolls he might have just had a few bad games".
Exactly. Everyone i know is talking how this game has gone to shit and i see those riot fanboys telling us how everything is ok and this banning system is the best we can have.
Bra2D (EUNE)
: feeders and afk players
Wait a bit, NU Male official(the riot employee) is comming to tell you everything is ok. In 24 hours, yesterday, i had some ranked games full of trolls, leavers etc. They even write in chat before leaving and nothing happens. This Riot System at its best...
: > [{quoted}](name=Festergut,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=hEElE2kV,comment-id=00040000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-19T20:35:18.664+0000) > > Imagine a system with real people that watch the games of the most reported trolls. And if they find something, ban them, even post some numbers online to scare others. Just a simple idea. > 1) would take way too much manpower to analyse every single report for 'trolling' 2) even humans can't detect the intent behind someone's behavior. Sure, a 8 zeal nunu with cleanse and ghost running it down might be obvious, but in 99% of the report cases for trolls that isn't the case. So that wouldn't do any good, people would either still get away or get wrongly banned. > Are you working for Riot? Or do you want to? Why do you defend them so much with no real proof/facts at all? I'm defending their system because it's objectively better and the majority of the community agrees with that. If anything you're the one providing no proof/facts or logic as to why you are correct. If you're looking for facts, just read the comments i made to this very post, the points are based on facts and logic. > How do you know the community is happy now or happier than before? Because a while ago in some posts discussing the current system any somewhat intelligent person seemed to realize that this system is objectively better than the old one. Most people complaining were saying trolls weren't punished enough, while they weren't punished any more by the old tribunal. So yes, the community is happier with this system than with the tribunal, which was obviously removed for a good reason. > This simple system they have at the moment bans flamers, nothing else. It's really good for the snowflake generation and also for PR. But you can mute flamers and be done with them in 5 seconds with no external help needed. > Ban flamers while simultaniously providing quicker punishments to trollers compared to the tribunal. And you seem to refuse to listen to the facts and the actual points here. 1) calling a company snowflake as an rgument makes you look even worse than when you replied while obviously having ignored my points and 2) I already said muting doesn't solve the toxicity. If someone's willing to negatively impact a game through flaming, muting won't change his intent. Those players are punished for a reason, that's why they don't give permachatbans: because players with an attitude like that want to ruin games despite not having the ability to talk. > The real problem in LoL are not flamers, the bad ladder games come from trolls and afkers. Ignore the tribunal and stop praising this new system. They need to find a better way to deal with trolls or more and more will act like that. It's nearly impossible to find a system that can flawlessly detect trollers while at the same time not giving any wrong bans. I'm sure Riot's talking about this, but it's simply nearly impossible to achieve. It's nearly impossible to find a system that can flawlessly detect trollers while at the same time not giving any wrong bans. I'm sure Riot's talking about this, but it's simply nearly impossible to achieve. It's nearly impossible to find a system that can flawlessly detect trollers while at the same time not giving any wrong bans. I'm sure Riot's talking about this, but it's simply nearly impossible to achieve. It's nearly impossible to find a system that can flawlessly detect trollers while at the same time not giving any wrong bans. I'm sure Riot's talking about this, but it's simply nearly impossible to achieve. It's nearly impossible to find a system that can flawlessly detect trollers while at the same time not giving any wrong bans. I'm sure Riot's talking about this, but it's simply nearly impossible to achieve. Are you bothered to read this simple sentence explaining it or are you going to refuse to take in any points because you can't handle the truth? This isn't about praising the new system, it's about it being factually impossible to get a system that detects flamers well enough to be implemented.
Wow you wrote so much only using "your logic", that takes the good arguments away (ignores them) or pushes the discussion in your direction. Now i know you work for Riot - i understand the need for people like you here. I will consider if i will ever reply to you again. I am saying some things here and you take them out of context, then show me how Riot is THE perfect company, that makes everyone happy. You are working for them I HOPE, i really do. Now i will try to explain to you one last time: I never said we need a perfect system and i never said we need someone to view every single game of every single person reported as a troll. You just like to present things in a way that makes them impossbile to be fixed. The solution is simple. Just watch only the most reported players. Of course they will need more manpower than now, where they only check the chat for strings, with a computer. But in the long run it will be better for the game. Make the players enjoy the game, regardless of the outcome - win/lose. Again, you tell me how this system is so much better than the tribunal, i don't care. You only accept your opinion here. Both were/are bad systems. Way too many trolls ruin other people games and the system doesn't do anything. From my experience and the experience of my friends, the ladder and normal games are a lot worst than before. We are no more than 10 people, still more than your "proof". There is no single person that i talked with and told me how good the new system is. Most of them don't care about the chat at all, they see the trolling in more and more gamers. I will make it simple for you with this example: Imagine your country doesn't enforce the law. They say the law is there and all that PR. What do you think it will happen? People will realize (sooner or later) exactly that and start to ignore it. If people don't get punished they will break the law, more and more. Punish them, SOME of them, not 100%, no law system is perfect. But in the end everything will be ok, things will get back to normal (see i wrote normal, not PERFECT - how you want to paint things). So stop telling me how bad tribunal was and how good this new system is. Both are bad with a lot of space for improvement. Riot will do that in some way or the players will realize and leave, more. I don't have any numbers, but i bet the players left en masse in the last months, more to follow soon. "It's nearly impossible to find a system that can flawlessly detect trollers while at the same time not giving any wrong bans. I'm sure Riot's talking about this, but it's simply nearly impossible to achieve.". This is your sentence and i read it. Now you read what i wrote above. I don't want a perfect system, i want a better system, not the cheap version.
: > [{quoted}](name=Festergut,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=hEElE2kV,comment-id=000400000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-18T18:25:19.298+0000) > > This system is better at one thing - banning players super-fast for using forbidden words(even in some other context). Context rarely matters in those cases. Please elaborate as to why the other system would be so much better. >A super simple system, that doesn't solve anything for the game, it's just cheaper for Riot. Wonder why the community is happy with this system then. >Flamers/trolls realise how it works and they stop flaming and start ruining the game in other ways. That was also the case with the tribunal. >It's a simple system with a simple workaround - stop writing in chat. This is not a real AI or machine learning system. It is a machine learning system, but no machine could ever detect the intent behind someone's actions, as that is litterally a concept that only exist within the minds of the players. And mind-reading AI isn't coming to League any time soon. > For me personally, it matters if they punish some trolls/afk-ers. For pretty much the entire community, but that has nothing to do with this system compared to the tribunal system, trolls are still punished and get banned, just less frequently (and this was, yet again, the same with the tribunal. >I guess it's not easy or cheap to find and punish them, but this problem needs to be addressed. For a company this big they are doing a poor job keep the community healthy. It's nearly impossible to find a system that can flawlessly detect trollers while at the same time not giving any wrong bans. I'm sure Riot's talking about this, but it's simply nearly impossible to achieve.
Imagine a system with real people that watch the games of the most reported trolls. And if they find something, ban them, even post some numbers online to scare others. Just a simple idea. Are you working for Riot? Or do you want to? Why do you defend them so much with no real proof/facts at all? How do you know the community is happy now or happier than before? This simple system they have at the moment bans flamers, nothing else. It's really good for the snowflake generation and also for PR. But you can mute flamers and be done with them in 5 seconds with no external help needed. The real problem in LoL are not flamers, the bad ladder games come from trolls and afkers. Ignore the tribunal and stop praising this new system. They need to find a better way to deal with trolls or more and more will act like that.
: > [{quoted}](name=Festergut,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=hEElE2kV,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-18T16:55:31.941+0000) > > How do you know the toxicity stayed at the same levels or it is even lower now compared to other seasons? How is this system better? Because just 'your observations' isn't proof that it's so much more toxic. There's no reason for the toxicity to rise if the ban system improved. > They catch flamers faster? A lot faster. >If you ask me, this new "system" is like a cheap "AI". 5 minutes ago i've read about a guy telling someone else to stop killing themselves (in-game) and he got banned. use the wrong words and you get the ban hammer. Then you contact Riot support, you get some formal reply and nothing changes. This is some cheap, easy to implement system. I can talk about it so much more, but i guess they saved a lot of money creating and using it. And it's better to leave it up to an AI to detect flaming and give faster punishments than having to wait months before a potential punishment is issued. Also, the cases you mentioned are a really small part of all punishments, and if those weren't considered to be undeserved, then they weren't undeserved. > Now, even if the system works 100%, it bans the flamers, nothing else. You can solve that problem with a mute in-game in 5 seconds. Muting doesn't remove a player like that from the game. I don't report flamers because they offend me personally, I just don't like to play a game knowing I could get matched with a toxic person that simply negatively impacts the game. Muting won't solve someone's behavior either. > But you can NEVER solve the troll/afk problem as a simple player. If you talk with them in any way, they will see that their trolling is working and it's game over. Just like you can't solve the toxicity problem as a simple player. Muting it doesn't solve the problem of negative players playing this game. Flamers are simply much easier to punish with the new system, trollers simply aren't easy to catch, even with the tribunal system which took much longer to apply punishments.
This system is better at one thing - banning players super-fast for using forbidden words(even in some other context). A super simple system, that doesn't solve anything for the game, it's just cheaper for Riot. Flamers/trolls realise how it works and they stop flaming and start ruining the game in other ways. It's a simple system with a simple workaround - stop writing in chat. This is not a real AI or machine learning system. For me personally, it matters if they punish some trolls/afk-ers. I guess it's not easy or cheap to find and punish them, but this problem needs to be addressed. For a company this big they are doing a poor job keep the community healthy.
: > [{quoted}](name=Festergut,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=hEElE2kV,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-06-18T16:19:28.104+0000) > > Now about the real problem, yes, you can win 4vs5, but it is really hard if one lane feeds on cooldown, then after 5-6 deaths in 5 minutes they leave the game or lane. Many times they go and ruin other players lanes or my jungle. Even if they leave the game at that point i have little to no chance of winning. With decent players on the enemy team you can hardly win 4 vs 5 (with fed players). And why do i have to do this? > Indeed, 4v5's are really hard to win. But even in the cases where you encounter an AFK, that shouldn't affect your chances of climbing. > Riot talks about how this system works now (better than the tribunal) and everything is better than before, but all i see is how this community is becoming more and more toxic. The toxicity hasn't increased since the tribunal, the current system is, for a fact, better than the tribunal system. >So many players, after having a bad start, flame or try to trigger you in any way they can - flame, int, leave etc. I can mute them, but it's not helping me at all. Inting rarely happens, surely they can start dying more often because of getting tilted, but that's nothing bannable. >If they see you don't care, they will destroy your game and know nothing will happen. If they are already flaming a ban is easy to be given. Just for 'trolling', which a lot of the time is just playing badly without intentionally losing the game, and even if they're purposefully losing the game it's not easy for a system to detect it. > I understand that sometimes those things happen and i agree, but it happens a lot lately. This is my problem. I think i have a few friends that i play league with all of them are saying the same thing. > It doesn't really happen more than usual. > In the end just ignore the ranking system or even winning games. Can i have a good game, with people around my skill level? Master or bronze, can i have good games where people are trying to win - how they can, but not trolling or leaving? That's one thing clash is good for, if it comes out, but in general ranked games are with people that at least try somewhat to win, and are always with people of the same skill level. > Lately i had a lot more bad games than good ones. I just want to play league like it was a few seasons ago, with less toxicity. The toxicity wasn't any lower 2 or 3 seasons ago though.
How do you know the toxicity stayed at the same levels or it is even lower now compared to other seasons? How is this system better? They catch flamers faster? If you ask me, this new "system" is like a cheap "AI". 5 minutes ago i've read about a guy telling someone else to stop killing themselves (in-game) and he got banned. Use the wrong words and you get the ban hammer. Then you contact Riot support, you get some formal reply and nothing changes. This is some cheap, easy to implement system. I can talk about it so much more, but i guess they saved a lot of money creating and using it. Now, even if the system works 100%, it bans the flamers, nothing else. You can solve that problem with a mute in-game in 5 seconds. But you can NEVER solve the troll/afk problem as a simple player. If you talk with them in any way, they will see that their trolling is working and it's game over.
Febos (EUW)
: The notifications are transversal for every punishment. It just so happens that verbal toxicity is more common and easier to detect. Just because I can be muted, doesn't mean I'm allowed to be toxic.
Easy to detect and easy to solve, you mute them. The problem is they understand and many times will try to trigger you in any way possible, most of them ruining your game. To me, they can say whatever they want, if they try to win, i am happy, i had a good game. But, right now, most games are plagued by trolls on one team or another. And i see no bans for this.
Brokenhz (EUW)
: Because riot doesnt care if someone int the game.They focus only on flame. If youre smart you can int 1000 games and still not get banned.Simply riot will say "just a bad game".And i said once its easy to deal with flame just mute and report easy peazy.But with int..just not gonna happen. But..the problem with elo is mostly yours.I can understand if we were talking about plat+but bronze..I mean you can 1v5 there.You have nooo idea how bad bronze players can be. If you get gold +at least you have some excuses like "boosted-smurfs etc".But in bronze..Its your fault mate.I get afk too and int players thats the problem for evryone.And i hope riot will do something. But for climbing...its mostly your fault.
I like how you tell me all i have to do is "get gud" and i can get out of bronze. I was never bronze, i know you can solo carry games at that level. Just so you know, now i play with high gold/low plat and you find the same problems there. Even more than in gold. Now about the real problem, yes, you can win 4vs5, but it is really hard if one lane feeds on cooldown, then after 5-6 deaths in 5 minutes they leave the game or lane. Many times they go and ruin other players lanes or my jungle. Even if they leave the game at that point i have little to no chance of winning. With decent players on the enemy team you can hardly win 4 vs 5 (with fed players). And why do i have to do this? Riot talks about how this system works now (better than the tribunal) and everything is better than before, but all i see is how this community is becoming more and more toxic. So many players, after having a bad start, flame or try to trigger you in any way they can - flame, int, leave etc. I can mute them, but it's not helping me at all. If they see you don't care, they will destroy your game and know nothing will happen. I understand that sometimes those things happen and i agree, but it happens a lot lately. This is my problem. I think i have a few friends that i play league with all of them are saying the same thing. In the end just ignore the ranking system or even winning games. Can i have a good game, with people around my skill level? Master or bronze, can i have good games where people are trying to win - how they can, but not trolling or leaving? Lately i had a lot more bad games than good ones. I just want to play league like it was a few seasons ago, with less toxicity.
Febos (EUW)
: Instant Feedback #5
This only works for flaming. Who cares about that? You can always mute people.
: My 90% udyr win-rate acc is Plat as well. Team mates rarely influence the outcome of my games. Plats make the same mistakes as golds and so on. Learn to exploit said mistakes, and you'll climb. The game is as balanced as possible. Not all players are meant to be diamond and up, there's a reason only top 1% is in dia and above.
If you have a leaver in the first 5-10 minutes of the game, it is really hard to win. If the other team knows what to do, in 90% of the games, you have no chance to win. The ONLY way to improve your chances, as far as i can tell, is to have a good start that will prevent your teammates to abandon the game. That means ganks at lvl 2-3 etc. In those cases you have a big chance to play vs a team with a leaver. But this is a lottery, this is how the game feels for me sometimes, as a jungler.
Rarife (EUW)
: Banning people for anything in chat is simple. That is why they do that. And it is supported by special snowflake trend these days. You may hurt someone feelings. Actualy banning all evil players is just too difficult so we pretend that flame is only problem. There are no trolls or so. They just play off meta and they have fun. You have no right to tell people how to play their game. This isnt my idea. This is answer I got on this forum when I asked about strange picks or so. Long time ago, before we could chose what we can play in ranked. If there would be no flame at all they would ban random accounts to show "look, we ban bad people".
I talked with a guy yesterday, a guy that i played with a long time ago. He has at least 3 accounts. In this new meta where the game can be over(you know who's winning) in 10min or less, he leaves the game if he thinks game is lost. He changes accounts and plays again, nothing is there to stop him. Of course he gets that leaver buster thing, but as far as i can tell - what he told me - it is not a big problem. So rotate accounts and everything is fine, you just ruin the game for 4-9 other people, but who cares? Not Riot for sure.
TERR0RBR (EUW)
: Basically, they are a capitalist company. People usually are entering matches to test their new champs, I've see a shitload of pykes on matches some are good, but mostly a disaster. Some matches they go 0/10 1/10, Reporting works? NO. they create another smurf and start again. So for me its not being funny at all. EX: During my placements, i got 4 matches w AFK, i start tending to be placed Silver 2, and i end on b3, hardly trying to come back, with no enthusiasm at all due to the community EX: http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/3671766579/ This Hecarim enter, give a kill on midlane and say i gonna AFK. or EX: https://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/3671391031/238289240 Look at this botlane EUW, how beautiful i think they were duo. EX: Me at Vladimir, but look at this Ornn https://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/3671669452/238289240 Riot can say you can mute and try to play your game, but what the others are doing in match affects the whole team itself. I know this topic is a lost case, mostly they gotta delete or say something TRY A NEW CHAMP or etc OR COME WITH AN ANSWER AUTOMATED LIKE A BOT.
Exactly, i can mute someone and play the game just as fine. They can say anything they want to me, wish me the worst things in the world, if they play fine or try to win at least, i am more than happy. But if they go afk or play to lose(and admit that in chat), nothing will happen. I understand that league has bigger problems now (like the new meta), but this game is becoming a mess. Most of my friends want to stop playing and i will join them soon i guess. I enjoyed league, but now i rarely do.
Rioter Comments
: getting banned because I got trolled by trollers
Riot doesn't do anything to stop those trolls/afk/you name it. If you don't tell other people to kill themselfs or do some heavy int-ing, you can never get banned. They can't care less. Once ever 1-2 games, i get people that are afk or trolling, just for fun. Last game a guy just left to make us lose. Will he get banned? OF COURSE NOT. No worries - lol is losing players FAST.
Husker (EUW)
: Normal Draft Returns to EUNE
Finally, maybe now ranked flex will be less filled with trolls or maybe it's too late.
: DRAFT PICK
This is why i hate LoL atm. On EUNE i can't try a new champion in a normal draft mode, i have to play a "normal" game where 90% of the games are full of trolls or try the new champ in flex, which i hate. I hate to ruin other people games like they do when i play flex. Because we don't have normal draft, both normal games and flex ranked are %%%%ed up and ofc riot doesnt care at all. WP RITO.

Festergut

Level 122 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion