: was I toxic in this situation?
: Honor progression feels really random.
> [{quoted}](name=DaniTheHero,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=9MFJZVkV,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-08T12:06:28.206+0000) > In addition For the first time i can think of, after having a really bad experience in a recent match, i behaved in what League would consider a toxic manner. To be perfectly honest.... this season i kept toxicity to a none. i started at 2-1 honor level.... now i am 3-1.. earned 4 level ups since then. (being 2-2, 2-3, 3-0 and 3-1) basically by not behaving toxic i naturally gotten more honor progress. i assume there is an algorithm that measures your toxicity level and applies it to honor progress regardless whether you can a chat ban or not. last season i was toxic as %%%% and gotten one level up the entire season.
Kurotsu (EUW)
: I got it!
Clearly you don't have a mortgage to pay...
Voldymort (EUNE)
: i don't understand what the title has to do with anything
: is this punishable ? pleaes some1 answear me
Potatoe (EUNE)
: Wow, Riot, Loading Screen is absolutely the best thing you have came up so far !!!!!!!!
Mártir (EUW)
: Im not given Support, despite putting it as first role... What has the world come to? XD
Dunno i choose support and get it before the timer starts ticking,
: If every champion was made like Yasuo!
: Best role to carry low elo
Undoubtedly jungle
: Right, but most adc players don't want to be carried, they want to do the carrying and they want a support to protect them in teamfights.
: everyone from south asia plays on EU servers dude
What sense does it make to play on eu servers if you live in south asia? Your ping will be huge West asia/ middle east should play on eu
Dedenne (EUNE)
: I think its cuz of 2reasons: 1: many lux supp goes dorans ring. 2: they go in and de (their fault), then blamea the adc and say: u are useless, i will take the farm. Or they say: i have dorans ring so i need to farm to get gold.
> [{quoted}](name=Dedenne,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=ERyfFwjv,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-02-13T08:25:54.662+0000) > > 1: many lux supp goes dorans ring. many people are dumb... blame it on the champ i guess..
: Lux, like most mage supports have a reputation for being chosen by mid laners who get auto filled as support. A mid laner playing Lux will act very differently to a support player playing her. A mid main will prioritise getting a full combo onto a target over protecting their adc, which is a problem because as support you are unlikely to get fed enough to 100-0 a target in a single combo. A lot of adc players know believe that anyone who locks in a mage support like lux is going to play more like a carry than a support, and they don't like it.
> [{quoted}](name=Wandering Mist,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=ERyfFwjv,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-02-13T15:27:39.021+0000) > > A lot of adc players know believe that anyone who locks in a mage support like lux is going to play more like a carry than a support, and they don't like it. That's the whole point of playing AP supports... they carry
Muuaahh (EUNE)
: Why not show players their MMR?
"Why not show players their MMR" I'll tell you why, because this match making system is a scam. it's of the their best interest to keep the MMR obscured. Because when people know everyone's MMR they could have a solid arguement against this rigged match maker making you lose on purpose
: Riot seems oblivious to Supports.
So you're telling me i'm gonna be set even more behind when my adc runs face front into that thresh hook? This update just means i'm gonna take alot more farm mid game from my team to compensate for my low income
: IMO the problem with Lux in the support role is that she excels at nothing. Her base damage/shields are fairly low compared to other ap based supports, she has no escape whatsoever, low hp/hp scaling and because of this she is outshine by nearly all other ap supports. Lux has a root, shield and slow built into her main kit. Morgana has a longer range longer duration root at higher base damage, her shield will absorb cc while giving higher magic damage protection, then her ult will outright stun if the tether resolves. Nami has two knock ups which is not impacted by tenacity like roots, she has a bouncing heal in place of a shield but it also grants movement speed via her passive. Soraka has two separate heals one of which is global and a silence both of which at higher base impact than Lux's root/shield. Lulu and Janna both play the shield and peel role like Lux does in support but both have either more impactful utility or higher base absorption shields. Even as a poke support she cannot match the damage potential of a Brand or the utility of Zyra. Can lux support work? Yes ofc it can, but most of the time outside of vision items Lux supports go the poke mage route like a zyra or brand and get full ap to be able to poke and contribute damage wise to a teamfight but even then the support needs to be fed because of Lux's average damage scaling coupled with a low income role.
Lux infact excels at something... She excells at zoning, crowed control and poke it's true that her peeling capabilities are not the best in the game but i am pretty successful at peeling with her. I can escape ganks with smart use of my cc... She can 100-0 pretty much anything at level 6. I usually win lane with her. If her shield hits twice it's a pretty massive shield. There's no arguemnt that morgana has the best peel in the game with her black shield and thresh with his lantern, but lux if played correctly can peel just as good
atomtamadas (EUNE)
: you know,the game is so balanced and they had nothing to do in the office so they came up with this amazing idea to make a new loading screen i feel so much better now when my game loading .. seriously!!!
Paper1 (EUW)
: I didn't know there was hatred for it. As a support, she is categorised as an AP with a bit of utility depending on how much you value her shield. There may just be better options, like morgana for example. She has a root like lux and a magic shield like lux has a shield. Lux has an aoe slow that you could poke with and a pure damage ultimate, while morgana has an aoe tether for her ultimate that can root many people. In my opinion, having that on morgana makes her a safer option than a lux where if you do get beat it is harder to come back possibly. Still, I personally wouldn't object to having one, I could get worse like teemo support.
usually when the people who tell me not to pick her die first for the first time they start flaming and shit like "lux shit support kser ttaking my farm noob idiot" ... pretty much proceed to troll from there... so i guess only iron kids say that
: unpopular opinion: i think riot does a good job on punishing toxicity
I once had a katarina apc as lux support... we stomped them :>
: Now Jhin is balanced (not so much, but still). You are a main Jhin so from my experience it will be a waste of time trying to explain to you why you can't see that he is more balanced. The {{item:3095}} passive and Hail of Blades make him broken because he can walk to you, hit you all time with 100% crit, run away from you and you can't trade.
This. It's very true. The movement speed bonus broke him because he naturally attacks slow and it lets him escape very quickly after each time he reengages... I found him to be too mobile for an intentionally immobile artilery marksman.
M3GTRDragon (EUNE)
: i got a better advice. /mute all command or straight out "don't even start, it's a gambling trap!"
Lets not turn this thread into a shitpost fiesta, okay? I made this thread to the public new players to educate them about core aspect of the game they are not using at all
: You sound salty
I'm not salty i am genuinly trying to give out a good advice for the uneducated new players cuz otherwise they won't know. That's why it's under new player advice and not a rage post on w/e other forum
: That's fair enough, maybe 'inting' is too harsh. I still hold the player responsible for their deaths however. If you are Lux into Yasuo, and Yasuo has killed you three times by 5 minutes. Stop trying to all in him - it clearly won't work. The issue is, most players see a Lux stomp in their games and think that's possible in every game. People can only imagine their champs as the carrying/op/fed version, whereas more people need to understand that champs can be played aggressively and passively, sometimes we need to play under turret, focus on cs and wait for mid/late to fight. Everybody is playing to get fed when we should be playing to win. With that said, thank you for your kind words!
Lux can easily beat a yasuo.. But she needs to respect his gap closing capabilties and punish him when farming since she is ranged and he is melee. Just wanted to add that to your statement while i generally agree with it
: At what elo does inting settle down.
Since you haven't played in silver yet i'll tell you something that won't surprise you too much... It still happens there too.. All too often. No real difference between bronze feeders and silver feeders. When my team chases i personally try to make thr best of the situation and push objectove where and when i can... Try to make the best of it Also people use their trinket 3-5 times in the entire match.
Stunˆˆ (EUW)
: Right, like I said I understand the point being made but the chance of winning the game has still not been reduced to 0% in this case. It will be if you surrender.
You are correct, thus i said "very little", not impossible :)
Mykon01 (EUW)
: your gold, you wasted 750 gold on control wards... why?? people dont use the minimap in gold... pls stop wasting so much money on wards lmao even more so because that game was short looking by vision scores
Vision is power. denying enemie's vision is just as important as setting up vision your self.
: If you have trouble carrying silver games then you belong in low gold or high silver. Its the truth. I got a smurf with 90% win ratio janna and made Iron 2 to Gold 4 in 2 days and skipped all the promos, even the ones to gold. If i can get that with janna and im a high gold / low plat player then you should have little trouble doing it too with a normal champion. I was carrying with freaaking Janna.
I was thinking of doing it with lux.. people don't know how to position in silver i have a positive winrate with bard but i cannot 1vs9 with him.. like i had a 80% winrate on bard and then a loss streak hit me and now i've got 56% on him
VIT Laati (EUNE)
: Yes. Dota is amazing. I'd recommend you to move to it immediately. The MM is great. No cham.. hero is OP. Everything is working as intended. Even LOL is kek there.
sarcasm detected
Adama (EUW)
: 9 loss streak.
Your calculations are nullified by the fact that you think that the matchmaking is fair. I dunno what the match maker is doing in this stupid game but after winning a lot you usually get a big losing streak to force you that 50% winrate. Infact it is a much higher chance. I'm talking double digit chance
Tarolock (EUNE)
: ok wow, did not notice that, i thought its a skillshot based on the anmation
It was at first but it was too unreliable
Tarolock (EUNE)
: they better fix his ult, in one game it happened to me 3 times that his ult did NOT hit me the animation finished and a half second later the chat wrote that he got my ult, if its just the animation then fix that so i wont think that he missed
His ult is a point click... You can't '"miss" it
: LCS is bad for 99% of people who play this game.
Ryuma sf (EUW)
: me and my high gol-low plat team have lost 1v5 vs a grandmaster vayne
This is the pure result of a dogshit company who doesn't listen to their playerbase. I am waiting for a company to release a game that does it better than riot and quit this game. Or atleast until some company buys this game and turns it around
Kaimeraz (EUW)
: I hate breaking it to you, but it's always been like, though more so since season 7 onwards. Season 7 onwards you had to tick one of three boes to beat the house, or significantly improve your odds: * Duo-que * Being significantly better than enemy players * Boost either through duo-quo or account sharing / win trading from a smurf Playing the true solo-que experience you have always had RnG either favor or hate you, simply because match making in this game isn't considering in-game statistics. By statistics I mean literally everything, even something as trivial and simple as warding.., everyone knows the laner who never wards, even after being ganked 5 times straight and not learning a thing from it. Do I consider this season to be anything out of the ordinary?- no, not really.
You aren't breaking me any news, just because this how it's always been doesn't mean it should keep going like this and we are discussing this on forums in hopes that riot will listen to their community and make a change. With the attitude of yours, the kind of accepting it and moving on the game eventually will die not in one, two or three years but 5 or 6 years from now or just until some other game will come out and do it better than league of legends Of course it nothing out the ordinary because i started playing in preseason 8 and i never knew any other state than what we have now and i'm starting to get sick of it And quite clearly you are aware of the issue and it is bothering you to some extent so i'd appreciate if you just leave a thumbs up so riot would get my attention
Sasquoth (EUNE)
: Why Riot can't implement camera rotation? Red team is in disadvantage.
I personally play with the camera unlocked 70% of the time with the switch on the spacebar. You can't play this game locked. You just can't. Learn to play mostly unlocked and you will understand the advantages of it rendering your entire arguement pointless. Besides to implement somethinng like this you'd have mirror the entire game for one team which would look just weird. The 30% i play locked is when i am chasing enemies or doing close quarters fights and can't waste mouse movements on moving the map so i lock it with the spacebar
Eraenis (EUW)
: Yes, it is a coinflip a lot of the time. From what i remember you win or loose 2/3 of your games independendly to your own performance (according to a post from some Rioter i read a long time ago). That's why climbing can be pretty hard. Now you seem to think that's wrong. Let me ask you something tho: **You got a better idea?** ------------------------ The "coinflip" problem is mostly a result of the ranked system beeing winrate based. You love to complain about the system but none of you people seem to ever think about what it would mean if the ranked system wasn't entirely winrate based. Let's just illustrate that idea with an example from another game: Did the 13:3 sniper camping on top of some hill in Battlefield win the game for his team? I hope you get the idea. Point is: you simply can't properly quantify individual performance in League. You of all people, beeing a Bard player, should know that especially well. There is no way to tell if you got 5 assists after an ace because you cast a brilliant ultimate or because you healed the adc once and then just stood aside and watched. The day the ranked system seriously starts taking individual performance (based on in game stats) into account is the day League will DIE. ------------------------ Now with that said, what can you do to improve your experience (because that's your problem right? A bad experience?) I say **stop caring about your goddamn rank** and start caring about improving your performance. That's a much more reliable mindset for a good experience in League. You don't have much control over a games outcome, but you have 100% control over your personal performance.
> [{quoted}](name=Eraenis,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=R7Qhux9X,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-02-10T22:03:21.719+0000) > > Point is: you simply can't properly quantify individual performance in League. You of all people, beeing a Bard player, should know that especially well. There is no way to tell if you got 5 assists after an ace because you cast a brilliant ultimate or because you healed the adc once and then just stood aside and watched. > > The day the ranked system seriously starts taking individual performance (based on in game stats) into account is the day League will DIE. > But there is much more to it than pure how many assists you got as a support... The game has an incredibly wide variaty of aspects to it... Every role has his own important aspects, e.g support is more about cc score, vision control and utility score, adc is more about raw damage output and farm, jungler is more about objective control and you get the point. Judging you how you played your role has a lot more to it than what you said. I am confident that such system can be added to make you lose more/less per loss and win more/less per win Which could help climbing alot. > I say **stop caring about your goddamn rank** and start caring about improving your performance. I will not say i am not trying to improve but as i said in the OP, I personally believe i am a gold player stuck in silver and i cannot improve when playing against people worse than me because they're not challenging me. I am support main and I usually win lane, And peform much better than my enemy support in virtually every aspect of the game so there's nothing i can learn from them. But if the rest of your lanes lose hard core it's hard to close the game alone thus i am not seeeing higher skilled players and i am not learning and improving from them
Ilovemobas (EUNE)
: Games are shorter, nasus is a late game champion by design -> to make nasus viable he gets his power spile a little earlier. He gets destroyed by any adc or mage who can kite him, % damage and grivious wounds.
> [{quoted}](name=Ilovemobas,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=2dFWH1fz,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-02-10T19:53:18.945+0000) > > Games are shorter, nasus is a late game champion by design -> to make nasus viable he gets his power spile a little earlier. He gets destroyed by any adc or mage who can kite him, % damage and grivious wounds. Games are shorter at diamond+ because diamond is the first time people start to actually play as a %%%%ing team. That's the lowest elo where he doesn't reach the point where he is unstoppable. Most silver, gold and platinum games last around 35-40 minutes. at that point he is really, truly and utterly unstoppable and can 1vs5 without getting lower than 50% health. It's true that grievous wounds really helps against him and kiting him is definitely possible, however, there are certrain matchups where you don't have a lot of hard cc in the team to kite him because he was a last pick and you didn't plan on him getting picked. Also if he flashes to you he basically instantly q's you and you die with one shot. it's really arguable whether you can kite him or not. Team fighting against him is total hell because he is both the one who deals carry-like damage numbers and is both building full tank and you just have to focus him 1vs5 or else you can't kill him. Then he have 4 other teammates who totally crush you while you try to do that. He is a problem for 97% of the community.
Vaynista (EUNE)
: Good Names for Thresh / Support Main
: The concept of solo carry still exists, only if you're playing at elo much lower than your true skill. If you're near your skill level you cant solo carry a game. That's how it has always been and still is. If you place a Masters+ player in any elo he will get to diamond within 1 week at most, guarantee. He might not be able to get Masters again so soon, but im 100% sure he's gonna get low diamond eazy peezy So stop crying and git gud
How is that fair that to get out of silver you'd need to play at platinum level? if i play at gold level i should be able to climb to gold easily enough. if i were platinum player i should be able to climb to platinum and if i was master player i should be able easily enough to climb to master, but no. This is not how it works. you'd have to be significantly better than your opponents to climb just a bit.
: Plat 1-3 is where you belong then. Get better to go higher. People in silver complain about coinflip games but you had no trouble escaping silver, did you?
for a platinum player to carry in low silver games is no big task. for a gold however, it becomes a much harder task. You'd have to be 2 leagues over the league you are playing in to be able to solo carry games. And that's why this it's so hard to climb out out of this elo.
Stunˆˆ (EUW)
: I get your point but, if you surrender you have lost 100% with 0% chance to win. If you don't surrender your chance to win is still greater than 0%... enemy could make a game throwing mistake, someone could DC, whatever.
When your 2/10 jax jungler gets caught 1vs5 in the enemy jungle over and over and over and over losing all the drakes and all the barons, there's very little you can do. especially if others are doing the same.
Stagelund (EUW)
: Sylas too overpowered.
> [{quoted}](name=Stagelund,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=ByyYzAtz,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-02-10T10:37:05.153+0000) >That's broken to have 5 ults instead of 1. Technically, there are 143 champions in the game, minus sylas who doesn't have his own ultimate.. You can have 142 different ultimates on him... lol buy {{item:3076}}/ {{item:3123}}/ {{item:3165}} And counter his ass hard.
: Nerf Nasus?
Yes. How can you fight this guy if he has the slightest clue what he's doing? You can't focus him on team fights because he is absurdly hard to kill yet you must focus him because he oneshots every single one of your teammates.
: Difference between A+ and S
Some games when i played rather poor i get s- And aome games where i carry 20/2/20 i get A+... I got no explanation... RNGod
: Riot please death recap
Yeah it helps me so much when i see that i took 400 damage in 0.5 and died while i have 2500 and don't understand what popped me in a oneshot
Garda23 (EUNE)
: for real, you just cant beat nasus unless whoever plays him has no ideea what hes doing. Idk why they didnt nerf him yet he is ridiculous
Nasus players don't even build offensive items anymore. They go {{item:3047}} {{item:3065}} {{item:3001}}{{item:3800}} and just oneshot everyone while healing 1/3 of their health per q and you have no way escape
: What you are describing is a concept called prisoners island. This is not supported by Riot since its basicly just a cesspool for toxicity.
i'd vote for prisoner's island any day.
: Riot Honor system very strange.
stop getting chat restricted then?
: "Why would you ignite there?" "I hope you see your kids die." How in the %%%% is that an ok response to you? You sit there and defend that person that's clearly not well and then you call me the cause of their anger? %%%% no I am not cause of their anger there are some other issues that they are dealing with and express them on me. I am not gonna be some kids punching bag because their mother won't buy them Vbucks and if you don't get that you're dealing with social and understanding issues "friend".
I never said it was okay to call you that... And you don't have to be someone's punching bag, just mute them. problem solved.
: Proposition to remove all lanes but botlane
I upvoted this because i thought it was funny XD
Show more

JuiceBoxP

Level 191 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion