: The same 2 lines contain "I don't care what everyone thinks" and "my thread could benefit multiple players" messages - the best proof of your hypocrisy that could ever exist. Yes please, use your smurfs to conceal yourself - that is exactly what I want to happen to players that ruin "fun" experience of others like no big deal. Go hide in shame - that is what you deserve here.
> [{quoted}](name=Urgot x BDSM,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=u4UHW9OR,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-25T15:43:28.352+0000) > > The same 2 lines contain "I don't care what everyone thinks" and "my thread could benefit multiple players" messages - the best proof of your hypocrisy that could ever exist. Yes please, use your smurfs to conceal yourself - that is exactly what I want to happen to players that ruin "fun" experience of others like no big deal. Go hide in shame - that is what you deserve here. Huh? Don't strawman me. Yes, I believe having discussion out of the subject of tft mmr would be beneficial to many players, was it written by me or anyone. I have never thought it is some kind of honor to be op. I create thread if there isn't one of the subject I want to have discussion about. Simple. This time this has failed horribly because of sidetracking to debate about smurfing (and I'm not saying it hasn't been fun to have this discussion with you. Highly appreciate your opinion.). Though on the other hand if no-one else is taking part into this, perhaps it is not (tft mmr) issue people see as problem. And that is extremely fine too. And no, that would be the extreme measure if you manage to rise some kind of witch hunt against me, I don't see any need to use my smurfs in discussing at the moment.
: TFT
I have some good news and bad news: The good news are they will nerf Leona in patch 9.17. The bad news are they only reduce the slow/stun from 5/8/11 to 5/7/9 seconds.
: So you are the only one suffering of bad MMR? Lol. Sure you can't be banned for that, but how about we, as a community treat you as cancer for this game which your smurfing already is? How fun is it going to be? You are speaking about facts how about this one - game would be much more fun without people like you, so don't expect your "demands" be supported by players here.
> [{quoted}](name=Urgot x BDSM,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=u4UHW9OR,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-25T15:09:19.905+0000) > > So you are the only one suffering of bad MMR? Lol. Sure you can't be banned for that, but how about we, as a community treat you as cancer for this game which your smurfing already is? How fun is it going to be? You are speaking about facts how about this one - game would be much more fun without people like you, so don't expect your "demands" be supported by players here. I don't honestly care what anyone around boards thinks of me, heck I just came back on these boards after starting TFT pretty much. I demand nothing, it just felt this would be something that can benefit multiple players, seeing that here has already been multiple threads about losing lp from 1st place and bad lp gains. And now what? Hundreds of people have read this thread out of the millions players League has. I have mentioned my smurfing earlier multiple times, it didn't affect anything then, why would I have any reason to think this "bragging" would have any effect now, especially as the person blaming me for it is calling me "cancer", how mature of you. And if I absolutely have to, I might just use my smurfs on communicating my thoughts through and you wouldn't even know a thing. Have a nice day.
: Total bullsht. In your first post you say that even 1 loss means a lot and now you say that games were not ruined for people who were denied potential top 4 by a diamond player in silver? That's some next lvl hypocricy. And you are bragging about smurfing on the rift too - it's just ridiculous
> [{quoted}](name=Urgot x BDSM,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=u4UHW9OR,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-25T14:38:54.585+0000) > > Total bullsht. In your first post you say that even 1 loss means a lot and now you say that games were not ruined for people who were denied potential top 4 by a diamond player in silver? That's some next lvl hypocricy. And you are bragging about smurfing on the rift too - it's just ridiculous The one loss only means a lot if your mmr is so screwed up as mine is. In normal situation you win one, you lose one, you are in 0. If you win 2 and lose 1, you are now higher. In my situation one 8th place loss can potentially swipe total lp of one 1st place, one second place and perhaps one 4th place, this being despite me climbing continuously. Ofcourse I could have ruined one hardstuck player's day by denying 4th+ place, but that is highly unlikely seeing that I only played about 15 games in iron-silver, placements included and my mmr on that account is now around dia 3, making it possible that I played against at least gold from the very start. No, not bragging. Just stating the fact. It isn't endorsed, neither am I going to get banned for it. We might have any opinion of it, but I play this game mainly for fun. Therefore if it's only way I can escape hell that is platinum, or my horrible mmr in tft, I happily play on my smurfs.
: I would rather see something done with smurfing. You have ruined numerous games after being paired with people who do not know how to play yet - this is the real issue
> [{quoted}](name=Urgot x BDSM,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=u4UHW9OR,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-25T14:09:42.659+0000) > > I would rather see something done with smurfing. You have ruined numerous games after being paired with people who do not know how to play yet - this is the real issue Sure, I have taken 4th-1st places from multiple games, but I can hardly call that ruining, especially as the theoretical player whose place I have taken will never see me again. I would call it simply "bad luck". On the other hand I have lost some games, even getting as low as 8th place by having far too ambitious comp in mind. And, adding to this, because I'm playing tft I'm not smurfing in LoL, activity that might actually ruin games.
Cypherous (EUW)
: > However, I don't think it would be possible to create multiple smurfs and hit same elos with them if game hadn't significant skill element. No its pretty much just luck, at low ELO you just abuse stuff people are too stupid to counter like hextech, but generally speaking you will lose/win more due to luck than anything else, either you getting lucky and scooping early items for the early gold advantage or getting lucky/unlucky with units You also have to contend with AI that is entirely %%%%%%ed and instead of your lucian shooting the things near him he will walk half way across the field to go shoot at the warmogs braum he has no hope of dealing any damage to or just having the AI completely derp out and stand there doing nothing but scratching its own gonads
Again, I'm not saying you wouldn't win or lose individual matches basing on luck, that is the case often. However, there is difference between being able to mitigate the advanantage you might have or try to do best to lose as little as possible due to bad luck. Difference between bad and good player is mainly how they can perform under disadvantage. If one can only find brickwall of "bad luck", it is impossible to see the slighest shines of hope that could possibly burst into not only much smaller loss, but win condition.
Cypherous (EUW)
: > Alright, the game is still in Beta, we get it. However, the fact that in some cases you might be in situation where only 2 hard losses may set you back to 0 lp from 99lp is quite discouraging to say the very least. Its to offset the 0 to 100 LP for 2 1st place wins, they probably don't want this to become a 5 game grind just to climb a rank, the game is mostly based on luck anyway
> [{quoted}](name=Cypherous,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=u4UHW9OR,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-25T12:40:16.352+0000) > > Its to offset the 0 to 100 LP for 2 1st place wins, they probably don't want this to become a 5 game grind just to climb a rank, the game is mostly based on luck anyway Yes, I'm very aware why it is like that, I'm absolutely fine with that when it's you lose 50 and get 50 from 8th and 1st place. However, the point I had was, that system doesn't correlate quickly enough to your winrate or generally places you have gotten(1st, 2nd, 3rd), but keeps you in low mmr causing the situations where you can go 1st twice, then third once, go then one time 8th and one time 6th and and you are in starting point. And yet most ridiculously you might get either nothing for 1st place or lose lp(perhaps that's bug though) while you have high losses. And I have to disagree with luck argument: Yes, you may very well lose to luck, you might very well win because of it few games. However, I don't think it would be possible to create multiple smurfs and hit same elos with them if game hadn't significant skill element. New player can pull out 2 star swain, arguably one of the nastiest units in the game, but unless they are aware how to build it, how to build comp to support it they probably wouldnt prevail. And in the first place they needed to ofcourse know that x unit is strong and worth building around and have something prepared for it incase they get it. Maximize your winnning chances, minimize losses. Play around RNG and never assume it will give you the units you "need". Work with what you have.
Rioter Comments
: I agree because it's riot and you could see this easily happening but unless it's cheap I wouldn't buy it anyway. What I would like from them is that they would logically adjust some skin prices. TF has so called "legendary" skin that costs 1820 yet it's only feature is fancy suit model. Yes it is legacy skin now but I don't see reason leaving it at 1820RP cost. Are you fan of TF? You want all skins? Well buy this garbage on fire for 1820RP. It's one of the most rare skins and if they would bring it back they probably would put nice price on it.
> [{quoted}](name=GrìmoreWeiss,realm=EUW,application-id=N9uP9Byj,discussion-id=rrLp9BxR,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-24T21:40:53.726+0000) > > TF has so called "legendary" skin that costs 1820 yet it's only feature is fancy suit model. Yes it is legacy skin now but I don't see reason leaving it at 1820RP cost. Are you fan of TF? You want all skins? Well buy this garbage on fire for 1820RP. It's one of the most rare skins and if they would bring it back they probably would put nice price on it. That skin is so old. Back then they used to have vastly different standards.
: How to fix AUTO-combine in TFT
Would appreciate this. It hasn't been once when I have taken unit from carousel(let's say lulu) basing on item just to realize at the excact moment that I had 2 on my bench and there we are, in situation where I either have item stuck on that unit or have to give that unit up because I need that item too much.
ST4RS (EUW)
: Yea I know, I was just wondering since it seems the old championship skin seems pretty rare.
> [{quoted}](name=ST4RS,realm=EUW,application-id=N9uP9Byj,discussion-id=rrLp9BxR,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-24T12:19:02.530+0000) > > Yea I know, I was just wondering since it seems the old championship skin **seems pretty rare**. https://media.tenor.com/images/d23762c2399506526ac2354b9e5a20eb/tenor.png
: Ye, i get that u don't have to deal with apes... But there has to better chill-games than tft, no? I mean, i feel i don't have to do anything in tft. In Hearthstone, i atleast get to think of every move. Here, the game kinda plays itself. Which is boring imo
> [{quoted}](name=Guide me to Zion,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=mtO9mn3x,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-08-23T12:16:09.112+0000) > I mean, i feel i don't have to do anything in tft. In Hearthstone, i atleast get to think of every move. Here, the game kinda plays itself. Which is boring imo No? While you take no part in combat, you can and should be be doing the following: -evaluating what is happening in battle and try to use this info to place units better next time -using the time to check what everyone else is building and how they are doing in battles -check can you make it to next 10 gold for higher intrest generation by selling extra units you are not going to work with and if so do it. -refreshing shop depending on situation. -most importantly plan your comp basing on information you have gathered from battle, units you might have got, units you might get and playing around comps everyone else has.
ZHH (EUW)
: TTK
> [{quoted}](name=ZHH,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=8JV3gXqA,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-23T22:50:34.871+0000) > > what i want to say: this game is just unfair. You will never get the cards, which you need or you will never get the items. I have the feel that the game is not about how you play, which card group you want to build, is´t just about the LUCK!!!!! It happened many times, when I play, i never get anything but coins and i will say WTF? You aren't supposed to want to build a team comp, you are supposed to build basing on what you get. Ofc you plan on what you might get but don't count your play solely on it.
: True though I’d still put yuumi on cho, main reason is that with sorcerers is basically a deathcap and sorcerers get increased mana per hit allowing him to ult much more often. His ult is also now doing true damage and is a much bigger AoE than vi making him more valuable for having the sorcerer buff than vi... at least imo
> [{quoted}](name=swampert919,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=5p3M3i9m,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-23T16:42:38.143+0000) > > True though I’d still put yuumi on cho, main reason is that with sorcerers is basically a deathcap and sorcerers get increased mana per hit allowing him to ult much more often. His ult is also now doing true damage and is a much bigger AoE than vi making him more valuable for having the sorcerer buff than vi... at least imo The difference is that while cho sure has bigger area, vi can usually target the damage better on squishies by first going through units(and dmaging them) and then ccng and dmging often the carry of enemy team and she does actually more dmg on squishy targets(that don't have mr) hit than cho. Yes, often Cho can hit the same targets as Vi, but I have had situations where cho totally derps ult on only one/two units. And I'm not implying I would build Rabaddon often on vi, it's very situational if I do. However, yuumi is very considerable option on her due to the damage and faster mana regenation that may allow her to ult multiple times during fight, again, often targeting the squishies. Finally another reason to build yuumi on her would be to avoid hextech as much as possible.
: Morelos is good but preferably you wanna get a yuumi for chogath and build void sorcerer to properly supercharge him... failing that deathcap. Guardian angel also works as a third item. But op seemed to have void without any real carry amongst them which is kinda useless
> [{quoted}](name=swampert919,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=5p3M3i9m,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-23T15:05:31.901+0000) > > Morelos is good but preferably you wanna get a yuumi for chogath and build void sorcerer to properly supercharge him... failing that deathcap. > Guardian angel also works as a third item. > > But op seemed to have void without any real carry amongst them which is kinda useless Depends a lot. I usually rather build yuumi on Vi, slam guardian angel on cho and check on which I want to put morello. Cho getting ults of every time is the reason I prioritize ga quite high on him(unless I have something such as swain that demands it more). Morello is nice with true damage even after nerfs and the fact that at best I can apply healing removal on nearly whole enemy team. Sure Rabaddon can be put on Cho, but I wouldn't do that unless I have ga or something else to make sure he can consistently get ult of(frozen heart is decent) already and then it is up to do you have extra rods or better units to put that on(karthus, asol, maybe even vi to play around hextech). My point in the post was however that Cho is still despite the nerfs is enough reason to run Void buff especially as Rek'sai and Cho already make 2 brawlers, slam in vi and voli/ww/blitz and that's 4 brawlers and have kassa for 3 sorcs. Alernatively focus sorcerers(six sorcs) and boost chos ult dmg to crazy numbers. And Finally going void+brawler+assasins(kha, cho, reksai, akali/zed, Rengar, ww, Vi+2 other units of choice) is still fine choice, despite it not being that high in power anymore. Void itself isn't all that bad, but neither can it just be relied on like OP did. Always go with cho+2 other void units, any other way in late game is horrible. edit: In fact, the build that won me D4 was the following: https://i.imgur.com/DWCZYws.png
: Your missing a power spike. You’ve got 2 wild, 3 yordle, and 3 void... as well as 3 sorcerer and 2 brawler. This is giving you splatterings of bonuses but your not hitting any of you big power spikes... the comp is also pretty mismatched Have a look at the number 1... 4 wild, 3 shapeshifter, 2 brawler... he’s maxed out wild which gives everyone the debuff not just wild champions, shapeshifter and brawler then give him a tanky team to build up the wild stacks and wild helps get faster transformations. He’s got synergy with his traits, and he’s completed them enough that they give as much benefit as possible to as many champions as possible. Let’s go back to your comp... 2 wild means only your wild champions get it, 3 yordles gives a mediocre bonus to only yordles, 3 void gives true damage to only void, 3 sorcerer gives a small bonus to spell power, and 2 brawlers give some health to only brawlers. So your lacking synergy between both champion and class. How I would round this out... firstly I would ditch the void... unless you plan to super charge a void champion to be your carry it’s not useful... without more sorcerers or assasins there’s no point... this will leave 3 slots to work with. I’d then try to get wild finished up... I’d do that with gnar and nidalee, this gives better synergy for the rest of your team Then it’s finding who i want to carry... you’ve got yordles already set up and with gnar you just need Veigar and kennen to finish off that bonus... that would give you a good wild yordle comp. you could also go into gunslingers with a lucien or jinx to help your trust out. Just gotta find what synergies well together and max those out, rather than trying to get multible weaker bonuses
> [{quoted}](name=swampert919,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=5p3M3i9m,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-23T12:33:40.129+0000) > firstly I would ditch the void... unless you plan to super charge a void champion to be your carry it’s not useful... I always supercharge my {{champion:31}} with {{item:3165}} or/and {{item:3026}}
: How do I stop getting afkers in my games
> [{quoted}](name=Nightmare Nacho,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=JiFHvffm,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-22T19:30:04.063+0000) > I can't do anything to rank up.....I'm so tired of this shit matchmaking, where did I go wrong? > Improving doesn't even help me anymore.... Why do you say stuff that you know yourself to be false? If that was true then you =Faker in skill, but obviously that is not the case. Take a break if you are in tilt as that is usually what causes this feeling of being unable to climb.
: TFT CAN'T WATCH ENNEMY
I have this on some of my accounts. Ask from support. I believe there is high chance it is due to some account settings screwing up Riot's spaghetti code.
yrknaqren (EUW)
: TFT without free passes?
: Perma means nothing. ever heard of Tyler1, guess you figured it out. all acounts need to be unbanned now
> [{quoted}](name=StalkinU 2point0,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=xQ2HVivE,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-08-22T06:53:39.780+0000) > > Perma means nothing. ever heard of Tyler1, guess you figured it out. all acounts need to be unbanned now He got player ban, not account ban. His new accounts were instantly banned on sight. He never got his old accounts back after the player ban was removed. And while it could be argued that perma ban means nothing, at the same time people are complaining about their accounts being banned and I would see it quite annoying to lose access to all the skins I have among other content on account. To the thread:No. This was once tested and went horribly wrong. Perma ban is meant to both be punishment and intimidation. 2-week ban is meant to be last warning.
: Since you know so much about it, can you give me 1 example of tactics. Because EVERYTHING you said is all about luck, like I already explained in the original post. Maybe read before you answer. So,... do you know anything about the game yourself or are you just lucky?
> [{quoted}](name=Sunney Drake,realm=EUW,application-id=yTagKVTg,discussion-id=8mfb83ip,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-21T09:03:54.787+0000) > > Since you know so much about it, can you give me 1 example of tactics. > Because EVERYTHING you said is all about luck, like I already explained in the original post. > Maybe read before you answer. > So,... do you know anything about the game yourself or are you just lucky? -Positioning around blizcrank, hextech, zephyrus or positioning blitz, zephyrus according to enemy teams. Positioning cc units in general, positioning units that have big ults(cho, gnar etc.)for minimal damage taken. Positioning against assasins or positioning assasins -Managing economy in general -pivoting in general or moving between comps -Understanding how to play aggro, when to play aggro, when to roll and when to level up. -Understanding how each synergies and comps work against each other, building around lobby and denying units from others.
: last day by the time we were at krugs i didn't even had 1 lvl 2 champ, i could just ff cause i didn't got anything. and other days i get 3x the same lvl 1 champ in 2nd fight and totally dominate the game. also 6 nobles is autowin, 6 nobles+ 4-6 knights = u take no damage at all
> [{quoted}](name=Whats Supp Doc,realm=EUW,application-id=yTagKVTg,discussion-id=8mfb83ip,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-21T09:18:35.857+0000) > also 6 nobles is autowin, 6 nobles+ 4-6 knights = u take no damage at all Thankfully the mid patch is coming out next night I believe. Jinx, Draven, Lucian, Kayle, noble buff will all get nerfed which should end the era of "Oh, there is Kayle in carousel" bullsh%t.
: ABOUT TFT!!!
Not necessarily in the same app, but I think Riot is foolish if they won't release mobile version of the game at some point (cross-platform-play like hearthstone). Yes please. I already tested playing through steam link but due to my horrible connection it didn't work out. That being said,100% stable pc version first, then mobile.
: 1st place is less than 20 Finishing anything under 5 is a 36 loss of lp .. my win rates 60/40 so i should be posative not negative mmr lmao
> [{quoted}](name=Wolfmandave83,realm=EUNE,application-id=ETj6EdvQ,discussion-id=PQE0pf9z,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-20T13:31:16.211+0000) > > 1st place is less than 20 > Finishing anything under 5 is a 36 loss of lp .. my win rates 60/40 so i should be posative not negative mmr lmao Well, 6 hours ago you played game where you came 1st and got 44 lp. 4 hours ago you apparently played game where you came second and got 32 lp. About mmr on the other hand, I can't tell. You see, I'm just as confused myself why my gains are little screwed (though out of all games I have topped 20%). Could be due to having more big losses (8th place and 7th place) than equivalent wins (1st place and 2nd place), playerbase being smaller or whatever, I can't tell.
Kobra0071 (EUNE)
: Tft ranked
> [{quoted}](name=Kobra0071,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=FgcXr6yf,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-20T13:13:39.202+0000) >No. hell nah. its like comparing overwatch and heartstone. This. I guess it all come down to ego boost people get when they get into top 1000 or so. But honestly Riot themselves stated that they wanted to make it climbing in Tft =/= climbing in solo queue, though similar at some level. Latter demands far more grinding.
Sir xtcp (EUW)
: Ranked Players
I think people trying champs is generally limited to first 3 elos due to players generally being more casual and doesn’t happen too much after that. I don’t think mastery point limitation would solve a thing. After all, I for instance have mastery 5 yasuo but should I play it in elo where I got by onetricking gp, I would get obliterated. Also as normals and ranked have separate mmrs, being able to do well with x champion in normals doesn’t mean doing well in ranked.
: Then your mmr must be a little bit fck ed up. I still get 48-55 per win and i lose about the same on 8th. My second acc is d3 and has the same Problem as yours atm, mmr is bad. need to win more to get it back or wait for the reset to come.
> [{quoted}](name=1OOBeastKaidou,realm=EUW,application-id=ETj6EdvQ,discussion-id=PQE0pf9z,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-20T10:21:30.313+0000) > > Then your mmr must be a little bit fck ed up. > > I still get 48-55 per win and i lose about the same on 8th. > > My second acc is d3 and has the same Problem as yours atm, mmr is bad. need to win more to get it back or wait for the reset to come. I don't know man. I started at abyssmal winrate before started to learn game around g4. After that my wr has only been getting higher. Around gold 4 my lp gainst were about the same as losses but when hit gold 2 the curve started to heavily go towards losing more than winning. Ah well, need to keep winning, perhaps it at some point changes.
: TFT Ranking systems %%%%ed
That's interesting, because my lp gains/losses go something like this: 1st:38lp 2:26lp 3:17lp 4:5lp 5:-7lp 6:-26lp 7:-(can't remember, only time recently got this had far less lp left than would have lost, more tha 30 less than 61) 8:-61lp And apparently you are getting 42-44 lp for 1st place despite having less than half of my wr(only firstplaces count as wins). Seems pretty normal to me.
: the game is just not fun anymore. It is basically a casino game now; you gotta be lucky to win and unlucky to lose. You need to be a challenger-like player already to actually climb, otherwise you will find yourselves losing games you put blood, sweat and tears into, or winning games you just sat back and relaxed in. That's why I just try new things in ranked
> [{quoted}](name=HI IM MELTZAHAR,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=8en39oKy,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-19T00:21:52.956+0000) > > the game is just not fun anymore. It is basically a casino game now; you gotta be lucky to win and unlucky to lose. You need to be a challenger-like player already to actually climb, otherwise you will find yourselves losing games you put blood, sweat and tears into, or winning games you just sat back and relaxed in. > > That's why I just try new things in ranked No, being gold-like player would be enough for you to get out of silver. And it isn't new feeling that "you can't climb, cause teammates. I started in season 3 and felt exactly the same way, especially after dropping into bronze 5 in season 4 after placements. The truth is while in short term climbing may be casino, in long term it is not.
: First 10 mins of botlane is a farming simulator, unless one of the supports has ADHD and always tries to fight. If it was a risky rune to pick, then why'd every single botlaner pick it.
> [{quoted}](name=PermaBannedEjpon,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=HrYzR7fJ,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-08-18T20:19:22.229+0000) > > First 10 mins of botlane is a farming simulator, unless one of the supports has ADHD and always tries to fight. If it was a risky rune to pick, then why'd every single botlaner pick it. Sure, but in each and every other lane there is that risk factor. The suggestion you are making on the other hand would simply make rune "wait and get gold", because people are farming anyway.
: Camera Movement in TFT, Also Items for Losers
With camera and LL not getting back on podium(and movement just being genrally clunky in some parts) I can fully agree. I would like to have similar camera system on TFT as in LoL and having system where camera might suddenly jump is extremely annoying. About carousel:In short it is mechanic to combat bad rng from creep item drops or bad unit rng. Generally a comeback mechanic. It wouldn't work if first place could pick during same time as last place. Situation would be winning player winning harder and losing player losing harder which would lead to snowballing. If one got 0-items from first 3 waves, they have chance to pick something good from first carousel. Also I wouldn't go with mentality "items I don't want. After creep waves you generally only have cloudy picture of what you may want to start going towards and that could change drastically. If each one were picking up units separately lots of elements from the carousel system were lost. Currently you can pick from carousel basing on: 1. Do you want certain item or unit? 2. Do want to deny certain item or unit from other players? You can see each players' movements and react accordingly. Just as well time limit(unit you might want will get quickly picked) is placing pressure on decision making. While you can "int" the first 3 matches before first carousel to possibly get item you want (such as spatula), generally that becomes invalid during later rounds due to the increased damage. Also while getting something like spatula during first carousel might have advantages, just as valid startegy would be to building winstreak over those first rounds, possibly building up considerable economy lead and therefore starting to pick up high cost units earlier than others and denying them from others (and not lose health).
: TFT in a nutshell
Simba was clearly trying to desperately build dream noble comp, but never got {{champion:10}}
: Cull (The 450g "starter" with a quest) could be a rune instead
> [{quoted}](name=PermaBannedEjpon,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=HrYzR7fJ,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-17T19:23:26.828+0000) > This rune would be a balanced version of Magical Footware (or similar) as it forces you to do something, not just wait and get 300g. Think that statement again. Magical footwear isn't just waiting, you are forced to play without boots for around 10 mins. Sure you are rewarded hard for it, but not being able to dodge skillshots properly or having lower chances to run away from ganks is considerable sacrifice.
Rioter Comments
: Riot puts me in a state of shock ! TFT Noble buff very strong !
Yes, they are strong. However, transitioning into noble comp is pain in the %%%. I made noble comp with draven, and oh lord was it invinsible after got kayle from carousel. However, the pain in having slots for units such as fiora, having overall comp most of the game that revolves around knights and the fact that it kicks in only after kayle got me pretty low in hp (around 27 I think) after which it was cakewalk. All in all, if nobles get one unit more, let's say galio, the reliance on the fact that you need to have 6 certain units (one of which is quite contested and 5 cost)is removed and could make the buff broken. As it's now, I'm far more confortable in going something like quardian+imperial draven, Gunslinger BOTRK Jinx as my strong late game comp rather than desperately waiting for kayles and keeping fiora on my bench.
KerberosFi (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=PermaBannedEjpon,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=gNiqVXjJ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-17T00:48:07.296+0000) > > Giving up is still a reportable reason. > The thing is, everyone in the game things they are "the One"; "the Carry" They are not playing to win "5 v 5", they play to win 1 v 9, trying to prove to themselves they can, but most of the time, they'll just die again and again, blaming others for their deaths. (Including me) > > Also, don't talk sht about ? Ping. We either get a new "WHAT THE ACTUAL F ARE YOU DOING YOU DUMBSTER" or never stop using ? as that. > If my jungler pings "on my way" and heads botlane, but for some freaking reason he decides to go for enemy golems instead, you bet your ass that ill _? ? ? ? ? ?_ him > > ALSO: Your teammates can easily lose you Elo. If you met 2 or 3 teams in a row and lost all those games (-60LP). You might've just hit 0 LP and the very next game will demote you, thus lose your Elo ;) Just coz some ProPlayer said it, doesn't mean its holy. If you are so keen into watching your short term elo, you should stop. Why do we play ranked? Is it to see "hooray, I climbed one division up!"for instance if I climbed to p3, or is there further goal to that (diamond 4, master, grandmaster, challenger, lcs). It is fine and dandy to set small goals and be happy from climbing one division up or be sad about dropping down, but what does that in bigger picture even mean? As it has been said about million times by now, what works behind the scene in ranked is [mmr system](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752954-Matchmaking-Guide), the actual "elo". Divisions and tiers are just nice ways to present it, approximately. Player can have mmr lower than the presented "elo" or higher. Mmr is defining the matches, against who you play and how much visible lp you get. It is number that is given to match you against equal players in skill as well as possible (in 5v5 team-based-moba). Now, before someone claims that mmr system is broken and should be replaced, take a look at [this](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect). Actually no matter what kind of system was created for the game for matchmaking, there are never perfect skillmatching between teams, because "skill" in LoL isn't stable: You may get autofilled, your champ may get banned, you may have overall just bad day. Now multiplying that by 10 persons who each and everyone have chance to be not on their best in the game and you get a picture how impossible it is to create matches where each team is equal. And even then, is it always about individual players screwing up or their opponent besting them hard? If I went to smurf into bronze and announced and proved that my main elo is p4, how is my enemy team supposed to blaim the poor top laner that had pleasure to meet my (really rusty atm) GP? Then again master player stomping me wouldn't feel so bad. I wasn't even **supposed to beat them, right?** It is ironic how much people blame at the same time about their elo and them getting stomped by smurfs. Yes, there is certain unsportmanship aspect to it. After all professional football players don't just go into amateur games and stomp them, just as well it isn't fair for creating onesided matches by smurfing, it isn't fun. And yes, large amount of smurfs may break the meaning of elos but one thing that is certainly confirmed by the fact is that **if you are more skilled than players around you, you will climb**. Boosting services wouldn't exist if it wasn't for that fact. Smurfs would get stuck in the elo they first landed if it wasn't for that fact. No matter what mmr is doing behind the scenes, no matter what kind of teams you are getting, that fact is only thing that matters. Now, before there is tons of complaints, let's make it clear: Climbing in ranked is process, in any case. There are times when you may drop hard. It demands lots and lots of games to climb, the more skilled you are, the faster you climb. Because in normal situation(you are around mmr of your "skill") you can assume that wins net you around 20 lp and losses lose you around the same. In Scenario you for instance play 20 games, win 10 lose 10, aka 50% wr, you stay where you are. winning 12 and losing 8 means you have 60% and gained 80 lp. On the other hand losing 12 and winning 8 means you have 40% wr and lost 80 lp **but** in many cases you don't because you only drop division if you are in 0 lp and yet you have 3 shield game upon promotion(which is though somewhat countered by the fact that promotion demands 2 wins out of 3) . Therefore loss streaks aren't punished while winstreaks(especially near promos) might mean it is more than possible to climb with even negative winrate. Also it should be understood that the total winrate of all ranked games one may have doesn't mean jacks%%t in climbing, only the current one you can keep in the elo you are. Overall though the basic idea is to have over 50% wr, the more over it, the better. **And this is the sole reason** why team mates don't matter in climbing, because no matter how many times you get those uncarryable games, you can always counteract it by playing more games. Some image to have in mind would be like this, and no, these are not thruthful proportions at all: 1. 4/10 of the games my team is intentionally feeding, these games are autolossess 2. 5/10 I can carry the game, these are winnable 3. 1/10 Someone else carries the team That still lands to 60% wr. Yes, it is very possible to get 4 games with feeders in row, heck, why not 10 in row while we are at it, but truthfully getting inters 40% out of all games played in ranked is almost impossible, given enough games. But what does winning even mean in terms of climbing? Ofcourse, obviously you cannot climb unless you win. But then what does climbing into certain elo mean? Bragging rights, nice border, leaderboard placement and "proof" how good you are in the game. Earlier I talked about mmr. The purpose of it (even though players want to have conspiracies about it) is to match players around their skill level, not under and not above. I also talked about how smurfs may stomp games(and you can count those into the 40% of unwinnable games) and climb easily. And how skilled players always climb. Now players play ranked and want to win games. Wins are needed to get lp. I talked about over 50% wr that is needed for climbing. Everyone wants to climb to reach their dream elo. It is the purpose of ranked, right? -What if I suggested, screw the wins and winrate? -That's absurd! Ridiculous! Ranked is all about winning! Are you a troll? -No. Here is the thing. Wins do not make you skilled player, they prove you are skilled player. Climbing doesn't make you skilled player, it proves you are skilled player. Smurfing doesn't give player hidden bonuses and unfair advantage, it's unfair because player smurfing is making the match uneven by being far more skilled than players around. Players in challenger didn't get into that elo because they were chosen to, they got there because they are the 250 (or 300 on EUW) best players on the server. They would be, even if the system got bugged and placed them into diamond, platinum, gold, silver, bronze or iron. They would be even if they needed to climb through 100 inting and afking teams in row. They would eventually reach challenger again because their skill didn't change during the bug, only their bragging rights, borders and what not, non sense. This isn't to say ison and challenger players are equal in skill. Obviously they are not. Challengers are considered the most skilled players in solo queue because they are known for high mechanical skill, high knowledge of the game, really good decision making. This isn't to say every challenger player would have insanely high mechanics or insanely good decision making. The matter of fact is the elo is still based around that over 50% winrate (though often it's around 60% and higher), there isn't test for challenger players in which decision making or mechanics would be tested, the only test is to keep up high winrate against other players. To yet mind you, feeders, afkers etc. apply to all players. There isn't "cursed" players, player who have climbed into x elo climbed there going through these things. If not to win, one should rather play to learn. Unless one is literally top lcs player there are always things that can be done more effectively, and even if one was the best, why not push further? Watch and analyse the games you played, never pay any attention on what your team was doing. They are stuck in that elo, don't worry about them, worry about your ability to carry them. Watch especially lost games. What you could have possibly done more optimally? There is always something. Mechanical skill isn't nearly as valuable as being able to make optimal decisions in any situation, having good macro play and good map awareness. You can always play champions that reguire mininum mechanical skill all the way to D4. On the other hand putting all the effort to learning mechanics doesn't mean your maro would be getting any better. The claim given Team mates don't lose you elo holds true, because while team mates may lose you lp from time to time, and even drop division, you will always get it back, often really quickly by doing consistently well in the game. If you set your mentality to get easily frustrated by dropping divisions, you are only focusing on winning and not on things you can train. Don't on the other hand think there is some kind of reguirement list that is needed for certain elo, there isn't. Reaching certain elo means you are winning competition that tries to reach the same elo you are aiming for. Aim higher. Don't just get barely better than the competition, crush it! Play as if you were smurf in that elo. Don't ever be containt with your skill if you wish to reach higher elo. Because in instant you do, you are doomed to get eventually stuck. Tl Dr: Teammates don't lose you elo. Git gud.
...And because I apparently hit word limit, I put this here: I'm by no means suggesting inting or trolling shouldn't be punished nor Am I suggesting they are acceptable behaviour. My point in the post above was to give reasoning why it isn't valid argument to blaim them for losing elo or not being able to climb. How frustrating they are making the ranked experience is whole another topic.
: Giving up is still a reportable reason. The thing is, everyone in the game things they are "the One"; "the Carry" They are not playing to win "5 v 5", they play to win 1 v 9, trying to prove to themselves they can, but most of the time, they'll just die again and again, blaming others for their deaths. (Including me) Also, don't talk sht about ? Ping. We either get a new "WHAT THE ACTUAL F ARE YOU DOING YOU DUMBSTER" or never stop using ? as that. If my jungler pings "on my way" and heads botlane, but for some freaking reason he decides to go for enemy golems instead, you bet your ass that ill _? ? ? ? ? ?_ him ALSO: Your teammates can easily lose you Elo. If you met 2 or 3 teams in a row and lost all those games (-60LP). You might've just hit 0 LP and the very next game will demote you, thus lose your Elo ;) Just coz some ProPlayer said it, doesn't mean its holy.
> [{quoted}](name=PermaBannedEjpon,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=gNiqVXjJ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-17T00:48:07.296+0000) > > Giving up is still a reportable reason. > The thing is, everyone in the game things they are "the One"; "the Carry" They are not playing to win "5 v 5", they play to win 1 v 9, trying to prove to themselves they can, but most of the time, they'll just die again and again, blaming others for their deaths. (Including me) > > Also, don't talk sht about ? Ping. We either get a new "WHAT THE ACTUAL F ARE YOU DOING YOU DUMBSTER" or never stop using ? as that. > If my jungler pings "on my way" and heads botlane, but for some freaking reason he decides to go for enemy golems instead, you bet your ass that ill _? ? ? ? ? ?_ him > > ALSO: Your teammates can easily lose you Elo. If you met 2 or 3 teams in a row and lost all those games (-60LP). You might've just hit 0 LP and the very next game will demote you, thus lose your Elo ;) Just coz some ProPlayer said it, doesn't mean its holy. If you are so keen into watching your short term elo, you should stop. Why do we play ranked? Is it to see "hooray, I climbed one division up!"for instance if I climbed to p3, or is there further goal to that (diamond 4, master, grandmaster, challenger, lcs). It is fine and dandy to set small goals and be happy from climbing one division up or be sad about dropping down, but what does that in bigger picture even mean? As it has been said about million times by now, what works behind the scene in ranked is [mmr system](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752954-Matchmaking-Guide), the actual "elo". Divisions and tiers are just nice ways to present it, approximately. Player can have mmr lower than the presented "elo" or higher. Mmr is defining the matches, against who you play and how much visible lp you get. It is number that is given to match you against equal players in skill as well as possible (in 5v5 team-based-moba). Now, before someone claims that mmr system is broken and should be replaced, take a look at [this](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect). Actually no matter what kind of system was created for the game for matchmaking, there are never perfect skillmatching between teams, because "skill" in LoL isn't stable: You may get autofilled, your champ may get banned, you may have overall just bad day. Now multiplying that by 10 persons who each and everyone have chance to be not on their best in the game and you get a picture how impossible it is to create matches where each team is equal. And even then, is it always about individual players screwing up or their opponent besting them hard? If I went to smurf into bronze and announced and proved that my main elo is p4, how is my enemy team supposed to blaim the poor top laner that had pleasure to meet my (really rusty atm) GP? Then again master player stomping me wouldn't feel so bad. I wasn't even **supposed to beat them, right?** It is ironic how much people blame at the same time about their elo and them getting stomped by smurfs. Yes, there is certain unsportmanship aspect to it. After all professional football players don't just go into amateur games and stomp them, just as well it isn't fair for creating onesided matches by smurfing, it isn't fun. And yes, large amount of smurfs may break the meaning of elos but one thing that is certainly confirmed by the fact is that **if you are more skilled than players around you, you will climb**. Boosting services wouldn't exist if it wasn't for that fact. Smurfs would get stuck in the elo they first landed if it wasn't for that fact. No matter what mmr is doing behind the scenes, no matter what kind of teams you are getting, that fact is only thing that matters. Now, before there is tons of complaints, let's make it clear: Climbing in ranked is process, in any case. There are times when you may drop hard. It demands lots and lots of games to climb, the more skilled you are, the faster you climb. Because in normal situation(you are around mmr of your "skill") you can assume that wins net you around 20 lp and losses lose you around the same. In Scenario you for instance play 20 games, win 10 lose 10, aka 50% wr, you stay where you are. winning 12 and losing 8 means you have 60% and gained 80 lp. On the other hand losing 12 and winning 8 means you have 40% wr and lost 80 lp **but** in many cases you don't because you only drop division if you are in 0 lp and yet you have 3 shield game upon promotion(which is though somewhat countered by the fact that promotion demands 2 wins out of 3) . Therefore loss streaks aren't punished while winstreaks(especially near promos) might mean it is more than possible to climb with even negative winrate. Also it should be understood that the total winrate of all ranked games one may have doesn't mean jacks%%t in climbing, only the current one you can keep in the elo you are. Overall though the basic idea is to have over 50% wr, the more over it, the better. **And this is the sole reason** why team mates don't matter in climbing, because no matter how many times you get those uncarryable games, you can always counteract it by playing more games. Some image to have in mind would be like this, and no, these are not thruthful proportions at all: 1. 4/10 of the games my team is intentionally feeding, these games are autolossess 2. 5/10 I can carry the game, these are winnable 3. 1/10 Someone else carries the team That still lands to 60% wr. Yes, it is very possible to get 4 games with feeders in row, heck, why not 10 in row while we are at it, but truthfully getting inters 40% out of all games played in ranked is almost impossible, given enough games. But what does winning even mean in terms of climbing? Ofcourse, obviously you cannot climb unless you win. But then what does climbing into certain elo mean? Bragging rights, nice border, leaderboard placement and "proof" how good you are in the game. Earlier I talked about mmr. The purpose of it (even though players want to have conspiracies about it) is to match players around their skill level, not under and not above. I also talked about how smurfs may stomp games(and you can count those into the 40% of unwinnable games) and climb easily. And how skilled players always climb. Now players play ranked and want to win games. Wins are needed to get lp. I talked about over 50% wr that is needed for climbing. Everyone wants to climb to reach their dream elo. It is the purpose of ranked, right? -What if I suggested, screw the wins and winrate? -That's absurd! Ridiculous! Ranked is all about winning! Are you a troll? -No. Here is the thing. Wins do not make you skilled player, they prove you are skilled player. Climbing doesn't make you skilled player, it proves you are skilled player. Smurfing doesn't give player hidden bonuses and unfair advantage, it's unfair because player smurfing is making the match uneven by being far more skilled than players around. Players in challenger didn't get into that elo because they were chosen to, they got there because they are the 250 (or 300 on EUW) best players on the server. They would be, even if the system got bugged and placed them into diamond, platinum, gold, silver, bronze or iron. They would be even if they needed to climb through 100 inting and afking teams in row. They would eventually reach challenger again because their skill didn't change during the bug, only their bragging rights, borders and what not, non sense. This isn't to say ison and challenger players are equal in skill. Obviously they are not. Challengers are considered the most skilled players in solo queue because they are known for high mechanical skill, high knowledge of the game, really good decision making. This isn't to say every challenger player would have insanely high mechanics or insanely good decision making. The matter of fact is the elo is still based around that over 50% winrate (though often it's around 60% and higher), there isn't test for challenger players in which decision making or mechanics would be tested, the only test is to keep up high winrate against other players. To yet mind you, feeders, afkers etc. apply to all players. There isn't "cursed" players, player who have climbed into x elo climbed there going through these things. If not to win, one should rather play to learn. Unless one is literally top lcs player there are always things that can be done more effectively, and even if one was the best, why not push further? Watch and analyse the games you played, never pay any attention on what your team was doing. They are stuck in that elo, don't worry about them, worry about your ability to carry them. Watch especially lost games. What you could have possibly done more optimally? There is always something. Mechanical skill isn't nearly as valuable as being able to make optimal decisions in any situation, having good macro play and good map awareness. You can always play champions that reguire mininum mechanical skill all the way to D4. On the other hand putting all the effort to learning mechanics doesn't mean your maro would be getting any better. The claim given Team mates don't lose you elo holds true, because while team mates may lose you lp from time to time, and even drop division, you will always get it back, often really quickly by doing consistently well in the game. If you set your mentality to get easily frustrated by dropping divisions, you are only focusing on winning and not on things you can train. Don't on the other hand think there is some kind of reguirement list that is needed for certain elo, there isn't. Reaching certain elo means you are winning competition that tries to reach the same elo you are aiming for. Aim higher. Don't just get barely better than the competition, crush it! Play as if you were smurf in that elo. Don't ever be containt with your skill if you wish to reach higher elo. Because in instant you do, you are doomed to get eventually stuck. Tl Dr: Teammates don't lose you elo. Git gud.
Akaillusion (EUNE)
: guyz im silver 4 with 45% winrate I have no hands but my team sux!!
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/7d/7da1d46f67799dade39cefa147fa32848981860a0d2bbc3c82b131cfb55170ca.jpg
: from what I know the missions only give one of 3 one star little legends
And I agree. In new missions there isn't one that would give little legends. It all comes down to do you want to spend money. Also I wouldn't underestimate those who have no LL. Rather watch out if you see player who is lv 1 in tft ranked, who has no LL and who has no icon, that's very potent smurf.
: worst elo is bronze dude the game doesn't make any sense in this elo and people always flame or be hyper stupid 24/7
> [{quoted}](name=Luther King Jr V,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=P8BNPa94,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-08-15T08:51:03.363+0000) > > worst elo is bronze dude the game doesn't make any sense in this elo and people always flame or be hyper stupid 24/7 Yes, but the difference is one can simply ignore the nonsense team is having in Bronze and 1v5 the game. While this is also often possible in Plat, it is way harder.
: > How many times does it have to be explained: Riot doesn't moderate private messages, due to their privacy policy. and that right there is the issue they claim that they DO NOT TOLERATE certain phrases, but then when you use them, they are tolerated, and Riots excuse 'hurr hurr it was private chat hurr hurr' you realise that 'cant' and 'wont' are 2 comletely different words, its not that they CANT moderate private chat, its that they WONT because of policy, and even after TOLERATING those words they maintain they dont tolerate them (by saying the have a zero tolerance towards those phrases which is PROVABLY false) > Private chat is in this sense the same as if you had discussion with another person in discord etc. except private chats are within the game client, and discord is completely seperate, nice false analogy :) > Riot has no control over it through THEIR OWN CHOICE, using the privacy policy as a shield, and yet even with 'no control' as you say, they still maintain that those phrases are zero tolerance... why is this?
> [{quoted}](name=Conphucius,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=EhV1EEAT,comment-id=00000001000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-12T12:04:54.597+0000) > > and that right there is the issue > > they claim that they DO NOT TOLERATE certain phrases, but then when you use them, they are tolerated, and Riots excuse 'hurr hurr it was private chat hurr hurr' > > you realise that 'cant' and 'wont' are 2 comletely different words, its not that they CANT moderate private chat, its that they WONT because of policy, and even after TOLERATING those words they maintain they dont tolerate them (by saying the have a zero tolerance towards those phrases which is PROVABLY false) > > except private chats are within the game client, and discord is completely seperate, nice false analogy :) > > through THEIR OWN CHOICE, using the privacy policy as a shield, and yet even with 'no control' as you say, they still maintain that those phrases are zero tolerance... why is this? First, It isn't their choice. They can either have private chat or not have it. There isn't middleway option like "private, but with moderating". No-one else is supposed to see the messages in private chat, hence the term private. Riot is offering platform for the private messages but isn't affecting the actions on platform in any shape or form. Much like Google is moderating public chat on Youtube, they won't moderate whatever you write through Gmail. That would besides be illegal for them. While I have no knowledge how in legal terms League of Legends' private chat functions, I don't think it would be stretch to assume it may at least seem questionable in juridical view if they claim they have private chat section, and then silently watch what is going on in it. Secondly, Read my whole text, not just sentences. The reason I compared private chat into discord is because they behave exactly alike. Riot emplyee isn't supposed to know what you say/write in discord, Riot employee isn't supposed to know what you write in private chat. Don't try to use fallacies, please. They aren't making you look any better. And finally to repeat myself, the words mentiones (k** etc.) are 0 tolerance, because upon Riot employee or system detecting them they may lead to instant punishment. Read the confidentiality article. In private chat you are allowed to say whatever you want, but in public chat not. In eyes of Riot the things said in private chat were never said.
: > [{quoted}](name=jÖhNyP,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=HW0W1Uln,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-08-12T09:59:08.579+0000) > > ranked games have divisions for that reason > if someone is bad he gets demoted until he is at his rank. > If people should not be playing rank until they improve like u said then u should be banned aswel cause u are bronze 2 like that CBW777 guy > u are obviously are not better than him at all so dont act like a challenger in boards You must be a troll. Can`t take so much nonsense serious.
> [{quoted}](name=Vorzüglich,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=HW0W1Uln,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-08-12T09:18:48.106+0000) > > Trolling or not, there are to many players who simply can`t improve, such players should not be able to join ranked games until they CAN improve. > > I know sounds hard to exclude people, but like this Topic proves it is for their own sake. > > I wonder how many more years Rito needs to understand that you need a minimum skill standart for this "teamgame" otherwise nobody can or should take this game serious. > > Guess thats the reason why they only watch^^ Eh? Ranked is here exactly for placing players as close to their skillevel as possible. And if the player mentioned is in Bronze 2, not moving really down or up, the system has succeeded. Yet there is nowadays rank below bronze. Only if person is still below average skill level of iron 4 would it seem questionable to play ranked, but then again there seems to be only few thousands iron 4 players by average on each big server, that scenario is looking really unlikely.
: so lets take a look at Glurch's first sentence > "Zero tolerance words" in League of Legends refer to words that can (doesn't have to be the case) get you the harshest possible punishment for a first offense in toxicity, which is a 14 days ban. Death threats, along with homophobic slurs, racist slurs and so on belong to that category. if there are cases where this doesnt happen (as implied by the statement 'doesnt have to be the case') how can this even remotely be called ZERO tolerance.... when there IS a place it is tolerated
> [{quoted}](name=Conphucius,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=EhV1EEAT,comment-id=000000010001000000010000,timestamp=2019-08-12T10:47:56.099+0000) > > so lets take a look at Glurch's first sentence > > > if there are cases where this doesnt happen (as implied by the statement 'doesnt have to be the case') how can this even remotely be called ZERO tolerance.... when there IS a place it is tolerated How many times does it have to be explained: Riot doesn't moderate private messages, due to their privacy policy. This means for Riot these discussions you had in private chat never happened, no matter if they are screenshotted or what. Private chat is in this sense the same as if you had discussion with another person in discord etc. Riot has no control over it because having control over it would contradict their privacy policy. It is much like [confidentiality](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confidentiality) as situation. However, the second you step into game lobby you are in public chat. Chat that is moderated by Riot. Chat in which K-word can almost instantly get you banned. Therefore K-word is 0 tolerance word.
Hawk32 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=KerberosFi,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=YOsA58ZI,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-11T23:17:25.596+0000) > > Those people never seem to get ban, because system really rarely sends notifications. Few times they can get away with it but there wouldn't be so many ban threads without offenders getting punished. And why certain words get punished easily? Because things you listed are easy to detect. They can only often be targeted on person in harmful way. On the other hand detecting behavior that is provoking others is harder, while I think not undetectable by the system. If you can develop system that can detect intentional provoking reliably and not punish innicent, be my guest. There was a much fairer system before, the tribunal, with flesh and blood people more suitable to judging human behaviour than an AI algorithm used ahead of its maturity. Like you saif, an AI is terrible at finding anything but bad words, and its far from ready to take over this kind of responsibility from real people, unfortunatly.
> [{quoted}](name=Hawk32,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=YOsA58ZI,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-12T10:14:43.631+0000) > > There was a much fairer system before, the tribunal, with flesh and blood people more suitable to judging human behaviour than an AI algorithm used ahead of its maturity. > > Like you saif, an AI is terrible at finding anything but bad words, and its far from ready to take over this kind of responsibility from real people, unfortunatly. Yes, and that system was also terribly slow. So slow, that when punishment hit, the offender had already forgotten why they were punished/the game in which they had misbehaved. I do think system that would base on community evaluating cases would be best for cases like you mentioned, but just as well I think current system is really good at finding the obvious offenders effectively. If they could combine those two into something it would be great. That though demands activity to have playerbase to evaluate them.
Hawk32 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=KerberosFi,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=YOsA58ZI,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-11T14:09:00.026+0000) > > They are fine with swearing (to the some degree at least), but suggesting other player to kill themselves isn't swearing, it is much worse. It is abuse and it may have effects on the receiving end's psyche. You shouldn't say those things under any circumstances. > > Racial slurs, slurs targeting one's sexual orientation and so on are treated just as seriously. They don't insta ban just for random swear words(such as f***), those words I'm referring into are bannable because of they are absolutely abusive by any standards. I've been chatbanned before for calling someone a %%%%ing idiot after silently taking "omfg stupid noob", "omg report x for feeding" x22 by the same person, "stop league lol", "you suck" etc. Those people never seem to get a ban though, we all know there are 1-3 of them in every other game, the people constantly abusing others but carefully pick their words, since the filter only cares about words such as idiot, moron, %%%%%%. I don't condone racial, sexual slurs etc, but I sure as hell do think eventually lashing out at a bully with "stfu you god damn idiot" is way less of a problem than the people constantly verbally abusing others but with less "offensive" choice of words, be they regular douchebags or trolls looking for a reaction.
> [{quoted}](name=Hawk32,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=YOsA58ZI,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-11T15:50:06.432+0000) > > I've been chatbanned before for calling someone a %%%%ing idiot after silently taking "omfg stupid noob", "omg report x for feeding" x22 by the same person, "stop league lol", "you suck" etc. > > Those people never seem to get a ban though, we all know there are 1-3 of them in every other game, the people constantly abusing others but carefully pick their words, since the filter only cares about words such as idiot, moron, %%%%%%. > > I don't condone racial, sexual slurs etc, but I sure as hell do think eventually lashing out at a bully with "stfu you god damn idiot" is way less of a problem than the people constantly verbally abusing others but with less "offensive" choice of words, be they regular douchebags or trolls looking for a reaction. Those people never seem to get ban, because system really rarely sends notifications. Few times they can get away with it but there wouldn't be so many ban threads without offenders getting punished. And why certain words get punished easily? Because things you listed are easy to detect. They can only often be targeted on person in harmful way. On the other hand detecting behavior that is provoking others is harder, while I think not undetectable by the system. If you can develop system that can detect intentional provoking reliably and not punish innicent, be my guest.
KokOnBush (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=KokOnBush,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=YOsA58ZI,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-11T21:40:02.957+0000) > > This game is made for > b > i > t > c > h > e > s > like you > you should > kill > yourself > you > f > u > c > k > i > n > g > > f > a > g > g > o > t > > if you can't take a couple of words you shouldn't be on the internet in the first place. > I bet you don't even remember the days where people talked mad shit to each other but were super dope with each other. > Unlike this cancer game trying to controle people. No, I'm really not bothered by the stuff I get thrown on me but neither do I want to have whole chat window filled with nonsense persons like you are spitting out of their mouths. And no, the wild west situation you are mentioning has never been hoped one, moderators on forums, in games and so on have always existed for a reason. You play game, you read their terms, you accept those terms. If you aren't willing to, you are free to leave.
: Locked screen vs unlocked
All I can say is practise, practise and practise. Play lots of normals only using unlocked and eventually you will get used to it. Also tackling some settings in camera may help(speed, smooth camera etc.). It isn't something that can be learned instantly but certainly is the worth of effort. What it gives you is far superior view in teamfights, better vision in lane(especially to possible gank routes) and helps immensily in roaming. Certainly especially in the beginning there are situations where you will screw up camera, but the more and more used to it you get the rarer these become.
: I like the "actual high elo" High elo means that you are in a small percentage of players that have this elo. Anything on Plat+ is high elo because only < 10% of players play there. Isn't that an accomplishment enough? Unless you're going pro Plat feels good, so does gold for the casual achiever. The real high elo that you're talking about is Master+ Anything below that is not really fascinating to watch and i'm not really fascinated by plays of diamond players nor do i watch them or their streams
> [{quoted}](name=Xalasmeni Banana,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6eeEumtW,comment-id=000c0001,timestamp=2019-08-11T15:19:50.357+0000) > > I like the "actual high elo" > > High elo means that you are in a small percentage of players that have this elo. > > Anything on Plat+ is high elo because only < 10% of players play there. > > Isn't that an accomplishment enough? Unless you're going pro Plat feels good, so does gold for the casual achiever. > > The real high elo that you're talking about is Master+ > > Anything below that is not really fascinating to watch and i'm not really fascinated by plays of diamond players nor do i watch them or their streams It's very relative term and usage depends from the person. For me,plat is percentage-wise high-elo, yes. Skill-wise, depends. I think someone has said that journey from dia-5 to challenger is same, if not much longer than journey from iron 4 to dia 5. As I have no actual experience of the former, this is only speculation, but wouldn't be surprised if that holds true. Therefore, once again plat is at best the middle point in terms of skill. I used "actual high elo" because the situation for plat players is pretty much same as silver players. Gold is silver player's goal while diamond is plat player's goal. Both may feel good to be in the elos they are, but often dream of the higher elo.
Hawk32 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Humpelstilzche,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=YOsA58ZI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-11T10:52:47.600+0000) > > That's a myth. First of all, if anything, it's an instant 14 day ban, not a perma. There is no such thing as a permanent ban for toxicity without at least ONE chance to improve. There is ALWAYS at least one warning before the perma. > > And secondly, the rumor that saying one of those words once is an instant ban is a myth too. Yes, it treated very harshly, but if someone has a very clean history and no previous offenses, it's not necessarily an instant ban. Those people who get an "instant" ban were toxic before. Why are random swearwords threated harsher than actual abuse tho? Its such an american thing to punish swearing but allow bullies to do their thing.
> [{quoted}](name=Hawk32,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=YOsA58ZI,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-11T13:28:09.340+0000) > > Why are random swearwords threated harsher than actual abuse tho? Its such an american thing to punish swearing but allow bullies to do their thing. They are fine with swearing (to the some degree at least), but suggesting other player to kill themselves isn't swearing, it is much worse. It is abuse and it may have effects on the receiving end's psyche. You shouldn't say those things under any circumstances. Racial slurs, slurs targeting one's sexual orientation and so on are treated just as seriously. They don't insta ban just for random swear words(such as f***), those words I'm referring into are bannable because of they are absolutely abusive by any standards.
: What Is It With Plat Players?
So close to diamond, yet so far away. So high looking percentages, yet so unskilled comapared to the top. Plat is the place of bittersweetness. Players start to get mechanically quite good, but their decission making is abyssmal. Rarely other way around. They may have knowledge of all sort of things, yet this knowledge is only rarely used due to arrogance. Some may consider it "high elo" but funnily enough it is in fact middle tier (suits by the way much better), 4 below it, 4 higher than it. It's like having nice position in job, yet still envoying those who are higher than you, while feeling superior to those below. Plats want to feel good, they want to feel accomplished, yet they are haunted by diamond right above them "actual high elo". They nitpick because they have enough knowledge to do so, yet they are blind (often willingly) to their own faults. Frustration out of teammates "holding back", yet arrogance combined lead to the ctastrophic combination. It is the actual elo hell, friend.
Show more

KerberosFi

Level 90 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion