: They misspelled **"Toy Soldier Sion"**. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} Ugly AF, just like the "mecha Malphite" skin before it. -.-
It looks almost like it's a homage of some obscure 90s cartoon with colorful robots that could transform to vehicles and was designed to sell toys... Not that there ever was anything like that, but if it was a thing, I would call it Transmorphers or something.
: It's relevant to the topic because the report system should not be around, period. Being able to report doesnt make people less toxic, it makes them **more** toxic. Also what you say is incorrect. False reports still add to the total number of reports received. It isnt actually qualified as ''false report'' unless the system decides to use it as one of the handful for making its judgement upon.
The topic is NOT about your opinion on how well the current report system works. OP suggested an additional function added to it, and I explained how it would be abused. > Being able to report doesnt make people less toxic, it makes them more toxic. Also before you state something as a fact, be sure to be able to back it up with actual data. > It isnt actually qualified as ''false report'' unless the system decides to use it as one of the handful for making its judgement upon. That is completely wrong.
: Reports are abused more often then not. The reporting system has always been more of a source of toxicity then a cure for it.
How exactly are they abused? The only function a false report has at the moment is lowering your own report value. Also, how is this at all relevant to the thread? For Riot to consider changing an already working system to a new function, there have to be upsides to it, and probably no downsides. I have already stated downsides... what exactly are the upsides?
Pokku (EUNE)
: Off-meta players and "noobs" are already being reported, so I don't think it would change that. Additionally, if Riot did this secretly, it would take quite a lot of time before people would realize the connection between reporting and matchmaking. Usually you don't play with the same people anyway. In higher elo, this could be an issue due to a smaller playerbase, but a simple solution would be to disable it there. Alternatively, reporting could mark the players as **disliking** each other and consequently _avoid_ (but not _deny_) putting them in the same team.
It would offer nothing positive at all. Reporting is a tool to weed out the problematic players and give them the choice to reform, or be removed, and it should stay as it is. If you "dislike" someone who played the game normally, didn't flame, and has the same mmr as you, the problem lies with you.
: Don't match with players you reported
Would be abused. It would just increase the number of false reports because people would report everyone they don't want to play with (because he picked off meta champion, or because they have decided he is a "noob"). You are not supposed to be able to pick who you are paired with. If you reported someone legitimately he will probably be punished soon, and you won't have him on your queue anyways.
Cypherous (EUW)
: Again you ignore the fact that i NEVER SAID DONT PLAY IT IF YOU DONT ENJOY IT but that fun should NOT be your 1st priority when considering ranked, if you dont care about e-peen why are YOU playing ranked seeing as nobody cares what others are ranked according to you
> i NEVER SAID DONT PLAY IT IF YOU DONT ENJOY IT I will assume that you didn't mean to use so many negatives, because while the above statement is true (you said "play if you don't enjoy it"), it makes no sense in response to my comment. You have repeatedly said that you should NOT play ranked to have fun, in fact this whole conversation started because you somehow seem to think that having fun means you don't want to win. I have repeatedly asked the point of playing a video game, if not to have fun, to which you have given no answer. > if you dont care about e-peen why are YOU playing ranked seeing as nobody cares what others are ranked according to you To be honest, in LoL I haven't touched ranked since season 2. Ranked does not work so well in team games if you are not playing with preorganized teams and it also attracts people with a certain mindset which makes it way more toxic than normal ever was (and that is saying something). That being said, if the games were not made so much worse by the people, I would have no reason not to play ranked, flawed as it is. In other games I just enjoy to challenge myself, plus it's just doing an activity I enjoy, but with added benefits.
Cypherous (EUW)
: > I think just the number of existing competitive games should have clued you that your statement is false. How many of these have a publicly facing leaderboard with actual ranks on them? There is a difference between playing a competitive game and competing in a game, nobody is stopping you from playing CoD which is a competitive game but if you're actually going to play in a ranked mode then you're doing that because you want to see how good you are and to try and rank as high as possible, sure you can have fun while doing it but that is NOT the main reason for doing it
> How many of these have a publicly facing leaderboard with actual ranks on them? If you are talking about video games, almost all of them. Even non-competitive single player games have them. > There is a difference between playing a competitive game and competing in a game Not really, no. If you are playing a competitive game, you are automatically competing in a game. In a game of LoL, the goal of the game is for your team is to win against the enemy team. That is the definition of competing. > if you're actually going to play in a ranked mode then you're doing that because you want to see how good you are and to try and rank as high as possible, sure you can have fun while doing it but that is NOT the main reason for doing it Again, if you are playing a game that you do not enjoy, why the hell are you doing it? It has NOTHING to offer, other than spending your free time doing something you like. Even if you somehow manage to come first in a list that no one cares about. So what? In about a month at most some other sad soul will have your place, and no one will even remember you once had it. And all that for something that you AGAIN don't actually enjoy doing. Or on the other hand you may enjoy actually playing the game, and try yourself at ranked, because why not, you are still having fun at your spare time, challenge yourself to get progressively higher, and you can also get a free skin out of it. So, my question is, what exactly would the, as you put it, "main reason for doing it" be? Why is having a meaningless piece of digital e-peen so important that you would subject yourself willingly in something that you do not enjoy? And by that logic, are the means of acquiring it even important to you, if winning is the only thing that matters in the end, are underhanded tactics of achieving that win of any importance at all? Are you going to kill the guy that obviously just dced just to gain an advantage? Are you going to try to influence the enemy team via the all chat to flame each other? Are you going to use scripts and cheats to increase your chance of winning? Are you going to just buy a boost and be done with it?
Cypherous (EUW)
: If you're looking for fun just play normals, its really that simple, if you're not in it to win then ranked isn't for you reward or otherwise, people don't compete for fun they compete because they want to win, people don't go in to ranked competitions with the goal of losing, people will rage at you for playing a serious game mode for fun and rightly so really, there are other for "fun" modes and games out there where you wont disrupt a game by not giving it 100%
Having fun and wanting to win are not mutually exclusive. If you are not having fun while playing LoL (a competitive game), you should stop playing and instead get a hobby that is either fun, or actually rewarding for you (or both), because you are going to get nothing from LoL. No matter how well you do in ranked, the most you can get is a cheap champion you already have, a skin for that champion, a useless border, and way too much time wasted on doing something you don't enjoy, only to get cosmetic stuff for the thing you don't enjoy doing. If your goal is to get to a "pro" level to actually (maybe) make money out of it, while personally I would advise against it since it's obviously something you don't like doing and there are way better ways to make money (... get a job, get a hobby you actually like and actually makes money etc.), you really shouldn't try to impose your misguided ideas on others by as you said "rightly" raging at people that want to have fun while competing against each other in a video game, people who don't have a monetary goal for playing, as the only thing that will accomplish is making you lose your account. P.S I have noticed that for some reason many people seem to think that "having fun"="behaving like an idiot" which is true only for one group of people... commonly known as idiots. P.P.S > people don't compete for fun they compete because they want to win I think just the number of existing competitive games should have clued you that your statement is false.
candoodle (EUW)
: > I dont think its wrong to flame them after the game ;p > at the end of the game its just a game and we're not pros ;p i think it's the " ;p " that makes me most angry how you can have those two lines in the same post boggles my mind. flaming people has nothing to do with "fair" that's like the same BS when flamers say it's not flame because it's "true" you could go up to an overweight person on the street and call them fat and it would be both "fair" and "true" but it's still a dick move (much like if you flame after a game, you might not be "wrong" but youre still an a$$*hole). Of course you would never call a random overweight person fat, because you would have to do that in real life where you dont have your keyboard, screen, and anonymity to protect you from the consequences of saying mean things
I think he might secretly be Mundo. Explains the logic, the grammar, and of course the constant ";p"s.
: yes yes we all get it...people stand up for riot...and yes ive seen a few of the posts similiar to mine..but how many complaints do you see???probable twice as much...
I was talking about the complain posts that have flooded the boards.
: Yeah,suck it up,become a mindless sheep and don't let your voice matter. Jeez,this riot white knights
Writing the exact same thing in 30 different "new" threads helps no one, and just floods the boards. If you have nothing new to say, don't start a new thread, upvote an existing one, and maybe reply to it to agree. You don't have to like, or dislike the patch to know this, it's common sense, something the "mindless sheep" seem to lack.
Kr3ä (EUW)
: whats going on?
Same thing here.
: > [{quoted}](name=Robert Gadling,realm=EUNE,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=AIj6Yvrn,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2015-10-17T16:23:57.169+0000) > > So what? > Do they also need to remove flash (everyone picks it), exhaust (every support picks it) and heal (most adcs pick it)? > > Teleport gives you something different than the more in combat spells, and it's visible to everyone that you have picked it. > In fact I have been frequently trolled for picking it on many occasions (support going afk because "Noob sivir with tp"), but once they use it on world's... it's clear it must be removed. > > How about actually thinking first before posting, and if you still believe something "clearly must be removed" give **actual **reasons for your opinion, other than "they used it at worlds!!111!". > > Everyone knows what teleport does, you don't need to explain it's function, but you do need to explain what changed from a month ago that it was so unacceptable that it "forced" people to troll me, to so broken that it must be removed. if anýthing I would remove flash, atleast teleport is not picked by everyone
And then you cripple all the characters with no built in flash-like mechanics, while also buffing everyone that does have them and is probably already considered better.
: in high elo all top laners pick tp and last patches like 1/3 of mids pick it too. and it doesnt need that much of communication. u can use it whenever u want to help ur team either drake either gank bot.
So what? Do they also need to remove flash (everyone picks it), exhaust (every support picks it) and heal (most adcs pick it)? Teleport gives you something different than the more in combat spells, and it's visible to everyone that you have picked it. In fact I have been frequently trolled for picking it on many occasions (support going afk because "Noob sivir with tp"), but once they use it on world's... it's clear it must be removed. How about actually thinking first before posting, and if you still believe something "clearly must be removed" give **actual **reasons for your opinion, other than "they used it at worlds!!111!". Everyone knows what teleport does, you don't need to explain it's function, but you do need to explain what changed from a month ago that it was so unacceptable that it "forced" people to troll me, to so broken that it must be removed.
: > [{quoted}](name=GPet,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=UIAdksci,comment-id=,timestamp=2015-10-08T19:11:17.389+0000) > > ...how should I take this? > > - Laugh because I'm not. > > - Laugh because I seemed so good or something. > > - Laugh because they want to report me and nothing will happen. > > - Cry about stupidity. > > - Cry because there might really be scripters. > > - Cry because there are people that think there are scripters (in Plat V) and don't hesitate to call them out. > > - Cry because I'm no cheater? > > I personally would go for the last one. (╥﹏╥) Fun fact: Riot doesn't need to prove that you're scripting, if a lot of ppl report u for scripting, they check your game scores and they consider them suspicious, they can and will ban u So be careful in playing good, especially with champs like xerath and cassio, 'cause the outplayed whiners might give u a permanent ban because of their bs Edit: Downvoting doesn't make sense, i'm just saying what rito can do if they want to, i'm not saying op is a scripter, i'm just saying that u can get banned for being called a scripter while playing good, and it's total bs that that's possible, but it's a fact
: > [{quoted}](name=Hairyloco,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=eAFtjg5z,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2015-08-21T06:23:40.412+0000) > > -level 18 at 28 minutes > -full AD/VAMP/AS > > Two things you probably won't encounter in actual PvP matches. With this build, CC just instantly deleted Mordekaiser (provided the CC is followed up by some dmg). Unless the game is way out of whack, you won't hit level 18 before the 30 minutes mark either. This does impact clear speed a lot, since afaik Baron/Dragon level up as time progresses. Any ADC builds that shit, and in the right comp (ever heard of things like the "protect the kog'maw comp" and shit like that because of immobile carries. Well the same shit you can build around Morde and just peel decently. While you might not find this in Silver, Gold, or Low Plat, I see this working in Dia +. I actually saw Imaqtpie play Morde ADC in SoloQ yesterday. He won the match. And he didnt have exactly "bad" enemies who didnt know what they were doing. So you might want to reconsider your point.
The reason "protect the kog'maw" works is because kog can have up to 710 range on his auto attack, and 1800 on his ulti, so you can effectively have a "wall" of champions between him and the enemies. Morde has to go in melee and land 3 auto attacks for him to actually do something. There is nothing preventing anyone from just killing you if you built glass cannon.
: garen and morde
> Apparently it seems the hit also includes other damage bonusses like sheen. So the first hit with a sheen will also increase the other 2 hits. Like you proc a sheen that hits harder ever attack. This is 100% false. While Riot's example of how it multiplies is also wrong, just reading the tooltip will explain exactly how the ability works. The damage that multiplies with each attack is NOT the total number you hit for, but the bonus magic damage from the ability - 4 / 8 / 12 / 16 / 20 (+ 25 / 26.3 / 27.5 / 28.8 / 30% AD) (+ 20% AP). Your base hit and other on hit effects are completely unaffected. If they were actually multiplied, it would be a bug, because that's not what is written on the tooltip, but I tested it with sheen myself and that is not the case. Please if you are going to whine on the forums about how "OP" or "UP" a character is, first put some effort into it and do some research before posting.
: I still don't know why don't you practice new champions in normal games. Normal games are for fun, preparation for ranked, taking a break from ranked solo Q struggles.
Ranked games are also for fun... Games in general actually.
: Why do we have to wait for 2 weeks to send a gift to someone
Let's say that you have x amount of RP in your account and someone manages to gain access to it for some reason. He could just add another account as a friend to it, and spend all your RP gifting skins to it instantly. With this system, you have the time to notify Riot and get your account back before that happens.
: They are working on the new one. And a part of it is already active. Tribunal basicly is just a word that includes everything that has to do with punishing players. Probably because it is an easy and well known word. Source: http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/player-behavior/new-player-reform-system-heads-testing Thanks for reading it though! And being critical ;)
Actually the term "Tribunal" has been used by Riot so far to refer only to the system that allowed player voting on cases, which is currently offline. If you read the link you provided, they only mention the tribunal at the end, saying that they will share their plans on it in the future. The rest of the information provided in the post is accurate.
Sffc (EUW)
: It's under the report section. So, it is reporteable, punisheable is another thing.
[No, it is not reportable.](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752884-Reporting-a-Player) But if someone still wants to report someone else just to feel better about him/her self, it is better for everyone that there is a choice that does nothing.
Buttcramp (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=TwinHandsMaster,realm=EUW,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=p6EcB5Gl,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2015-07-05T20:54:21.696+0000) > > You dont know your skill level on some champion? What if, for example, I have mastered 20 champions. How can I remember which champions have I mastered?
What difference would it make?
Lumlx (EUW)
: First win of the day rework
So, if you have a job and you can only play in the time around the reset, you are screwed.
: The system doesn't take the chat of more than 2 players and you think it has a way to take single sentences and figure out a context? Of even 2 players LOL, as proven by the logs they give.
: Fed up/Riael's Manifesto (Cry thread)
> "You did such a fucking good job!" "Fuck man you're so good!" "Are you a fucking smurf?" "You have to be shitting me how did you manage to do that play it's amazing!" > ^You get banned for that. Any type of cursing is against the rules of the game, thus saying something as "You fucking rule" is breaking the rules and can get you banned. Do you have any sources on that? Because the official[ rules](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752884-Reporting-a-Player) say the exact opposite.
: And again, I did not said "playing ONLY to win", I meant that victory is, to some degree, more important than game experience. And i repeat, I don't only play to win. I actually remember the game a couple of days ago that was was one of the most enjoyable ones for me despite my loss. And you derive from the topic again. p.s.: as a matter of fact someone downvotes me as well idk whats going on...
> I did not said "playing ONLY to win", I meant that victory is, to some degree, more important than game experience Actually you said that several times. > Again, assuming your only goal is victory > If you want to play just for enjoying the game, you have normals where your results are pretty much meaningless. And i disagree that victory is more important than game experience. That's NOT what competitive means. LoL is by it's nature a competitive game, so it's actually part of game experience. Being competitive is to try your best to win the game (within the game's rules), it has nothing to do with getting enjoyment only from wins. The topic is to discuss the community's involvement in making LoL an unpleasant experience. I have been replying to your posts where you seem to claim that being competitive makes people toxic, and that it can't change. There are MANY competitive game communities, LoL has one of the worst. So improvement actually IS possible, but will never happen by doing nothing about it. To use your own metaphor, crimes happen everywhere, but you can't claim that it's the same in every community. There are places that you wouldn't be safe walking down the street during the day, and there are places where you can live feeling as safe as possible, there is no sane reason to settle for the first option when you can strive for the second.
: Playing to win is not playing for "the 3 seconds of victory", it's what being competitive means. If you want to play just for enjoying the game, you have normals where your results are pretty much meaningless. And I never said that my own goal is only victory, though I assumed that there are people like that. Back to the original topic, however: the community won't change due to the same reason the crimes IRL will never cease. There will always be people who do not care about others and are ready to do anything to get what they want.
> Playing to win is not playing for "the 3 seconds of victory", it's what being competitive means. No, it's not. Being competitive is not mutually exclusive with enjoying the game. And if you don't actually enjoy the game you can find something that you actually enjoy to be competitive on. Downvoting my posts while giving no reasons or answers won't change that.
: Bot games? Now you sound just like a toxic player, you know. We all play for our own goals, and for some people being toxic is the means to achieve it or it IS the goal itself. Do you really want to deny them this?
Are you trolling? If the only time you actually get enjoyment from the game is the 3 seconds of the victory screen, then you are doing something horribly wrong. If you don't actually enjoy playing the game then don't play it. If your only way to get enjoyment out of the game is to ruin it for other people, then search for a game that you actually enjoy playing. You seem to be confused about what actually means to be a toxic player. I would advise you for a start to read the FAQ from Riot on what is actually reportable (you wouldn't have to ask the, in my opinion, really obvious questions on your previous post if you had read it). If someone's goal is to be toxic, then YES I do want to deny them this (Riot and every other sane human being also does). Having fun is fine, but not by ruining other people's fun. Edit: You also seem to imply that I'm toxic (for no explained reason), and right after that, try to defend toxic players, which just confuses me.
: Imagine this: you want to go top, and person A wants mid and asks for it in chat. However, he's picking AFTER person B, who locks mid. How many people have the motive to rep person B if everyone's goal(including you) is a victory and you can't say for sure how will they perform in the game? More so, what if they all actually do well in the game? Another case: your team is winning and someone from the other team asks you to rep his teammate for flaming. That person asks you to do the same to the first one. You can't say for sure who did what. Again, assuming your only goal is victory, will you bother to actually dig into the case and find out who is toxic and who do you report, spending your in-game time and attention on that instead of game?
1. They obviously both wanted mid, person B had priority on pick so he picked his preferred lane. No one deserves to be reported as long as they don't troll in game in this case. 2. If you have no indication of someone actually flaming, you just don't report him. If as you said "your only goal is victory", I would suggest moving on to bot games, or an other single player game where it is way easier to achieve it.

Robert Gadling

Level 30 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion