DELDE115 (EUW)
: URGOT Login Theme /// This, this is just freaking wierd.
> [{quoted}](name=DELDE115,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=MEEUld8J,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-07-18T06:57:45.099+0000) > > If there one thing I´d like to say, some feedback, could you not make 2 login themes so close to each other with death/punk/super bass metal rock music?! > Hi! No. Riot, please make more of these. And by the way, Rhaast's login music is just 1:40 long and is nothing special - just random sounds tossed in to match his theme. The main track is the Kayn login, which I find very misfitting for Kayn, plus the graphic itself is not even scary, it's funny - a scared little Ashe with a grinning Kayn approaching her from behind through a wall. Did a 12-year-old kid give you the idea or what?
Nipeks (EUNE)
: Account inactive for 2 years hacked into
First of all, make sure that your password is different than on other accounts for other games. Then, make sure that your account is connected to your email. Older accounts usually aren't, which makes them that much easier to be stolen. If anyone ever steals your account, you can simply send a password reset to your email. Changing your email to a new one requires a verification from it, too. So basically if your password isn't something dumb and your account is connected to your email which is also secure, then nobody can steal your account just like that. Of course, there are also keyloggers but that's an entirely different topic. Generally, nothing bad can happen to your account just by being stolen. The scary thing happens when you have RP in your account or when you have told the client to save your credit card for future transactions. You don't want that...
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
Some mistakes are not meant to be forgiven, Shiwah. Intentionally feeding should be permabanned on the spot with no second thoughts whatsoever. Trolling should award a warning, and then get the player banned. And I don't know why they made you a moderator when you don't even play this game... Yes, I just checked your profile. It took me 2 clicks. That's the huge amount of effort it takes someone to check anyone's profile, including the names of everyone they have played with. You're giving advice to people based on some kind of imaginary rules meant to work in an imaginary world in an imaginary game. Not in LoL, though. Telling people to calm down never calms them down. Telling people to just "deal with it" never makes them deal with it. Not in LoL, not in any other environment in this world. If you want players to calm down and stop being toxic (WHICH WASN'T EVEN THE POINT OF MY THREAD, THANKS FOR PROVING MY POINT BY TRIGGERING ME AND MAKING ME APPEAR TOXIC NOW), then you should start taking serious measures instead of saying "hurrrrr durrrr report them and they'll get punished". I haven't seen a punishment confirmation IN TWO MOTHER%%%%ING MONTHS!!! I play ~6 games a day - keep in mind what I said about trolls and feeders being present in at least 2/10 games - and I ONLY report int feeders and trolls. I don't report bad players because I know nothing's going to happen. TWO. MONTHS. 30 days x 2 months x 1 report per day = 60 reports of actual real trolls and feeders... and zero punishment confirmations. It will take you a miracle to make me believe that the punishment system in this game actually works. The main reason why "naming and shaming" exists as a term is because people do not believe in reporting. Just think about that.
: Why are league people so toxic, and have a "Win Or Die" mentality??
Sirbus, you disagreed with me, yet you agreed with AeonsLegend who says tl;dr "because they're kids". Amazing....
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=23iZ5LxL,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2017-05-13T21:34:36.536+0000) > > Linking the match, saying which champion they were playing, giving hints as to which player specifically is, are considered naming and shaming and therefore against the rules. > And ranked matches actually DO show names in the match history. Sorry but I'm not buying it. This sounds so libtard it's hilarious. Every match shows names. I can take any of the screenshots in this section with "covered" names and find the specific player because their summoner name is shown in the post itself. :D Following your logic, complaining about any specific game or even behavior here is against the rules because I can easily find the person who did it.
Rosh Roshan (EUNE)
: Score marks, individual contributions and "teamwork" in SoloQ
You know what, I'll just take a deep breath and leave it at that. My main point is that if individual contributions are taken into account when determining LP loss/gain, then there will be less feeders and people will give up less and be less frustrated. If you can't understand this, then I dunno. Peace...
Rosh Roshan (EUNE)
: Score marks, individual contributions and "teamwork" in SoloQ
I never named them. If something is against the rules, then it should be penalized so well that either a) all people doing it will get penalized, or b) the penalty would be so severe that people wouldn't dare breaking the rules. With millions of people playing LoL, a) is impossible. With LoL being F2P and people being able to make fresh accounts for no cost, b) is also impossible. So, basically, if someone in LoL wants to flame, feed or troll, they can do it all they want and the worst thing they'll get is a permaban on yet another smurfed account, with a new 30lvl account costing, like, €20. Jesus Chist, that's harsh, man... Yes, they do provoke it. By giving every member exactly the same LP gain/loss, feeders have a reason to feed because they KNOW their team will lose just as much LP as they will. Why can't you get this, really? It's so simple. It's my main point and it's so simple! What's your problem? I want to grab you by the shoulders and shake you so you get your brain working. Not considering individual stats HELPS feeders and bad players. It's so simple! If my team would only lose, say, 10 LP when I feed, would I really have any reason to feed in case I would lose, say, 30? Leveling to 30 takes around 150 games. Are you by any chance actually seriously really implying that 150 games are enough to prepare anyone for Ranked? Are you... are you even serious or have you been trolling me until now and I was taking your bait all along? 150 games are barely enough to master even ONE champion, let alone a pool of 16 with which to queue for Ranked. 50 games are the average at which a player is considered to have grasped the concept of a champion well enough. That's 800 games for 16 champions. I mean, unless your main is Garen... I wrote posts about myself and my mistakes long ago, my friend. I would gladly have Riot do another hard reset where Challengers and Bronzes start from the same point. Out of all my 4 accounts, I have only ever gotten to Silver on one right off the bat. We're talking about provisionals 6-4, 7-3, 5-5 getting me in Bronze. So... no, I didn't get free Silver and if that's your problem, then I would gladly go down to Bronze 5 if I could have every other player in the game also return to Bronze 5 so then people can really REALLY be equal. But new players getting matched anywhere higher than Bronze is just crap. Pure crap that ruins games and cannot even be reported. That Yi was a smurf. He even said it. He was 0 Unranked, fresh 30, going top Yi vs a Wukong, beating him and then solocarrying the game. Why do you comment on my own games, as if you were the one playing them? Why do you think that I would talk without knowing? Hasn't it shone on you by now that I'm not your average community member, aged 14-16 and maining Riven/Zed/Yasuo? Hasn't it shone on you that I've been playing this game for long enough to make such bold statements, while also applying graphs, numbers and statistics? All you talk about is how "this is not justified" and "that is punishable". "This is not nice, you shouldn't talk like that, you shouldn't name and shame people, you shouldn't blame other people". All Riot ever does is shutting people down when they're crying for harsher measures and changes, and then they wonder why people get EVEN MORE toxic. By now, when I queue for a Nomal game I am prepared that at least one player will be a troll, maybe a toxic feeder too. The bad thing is when this happens in Ranked. Do you magically expect people to just "deal with it"? The more Riot tells players to "deal with it" instead of doing something about it, the more outraged players will become. The countries with the highest societal tolerance are also the ones with the highest suicide rates. Yes, this is relevant if you think about it.
: > I gave a match link. Even if I didn't do that, anyone can just look my profile up and see who the player was that played Sivir. And by doing that, you also exposed the person you're addressing. Us knowing the person you're talking about won't make any difference. What matters is the issue itself, and naming someone ( directly or via links ) is not the right way to go, and is in fact against [the Universal Rules](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/announcements-en/3eWpXbJi). > Do you want me to tell you who he was or give you a match link, or will you just check my profile and guess who he was? Hint: it's the only one from our team with a negative KDA. Hint2: he never ever builds boots, no matter what champ he plays. Hint3: he thinks Infinity Edge stacks. I was supp in that game and I had 2x his damage. Once again: who that person is is completely irrelevant. That's not going to solve anything. > that's the way to fight toxicity in the game, that's the way to stop people from flaming What is this supposed to mean? Whether or not you choose to flame/be toxic is completely up to you. It is an unsolicited act on your end and will get you penalized. Riot is not promoting any form of negativity by placing you in a match with someone who just started playing ranked games. Players simply start with such MMR because that's where most of the players currently are. I'm more than sure that there have been instances where you got teamed with a player who just started experiencing ranked queue as well, but you didn't say anything. Why? Because they played well. Unlucky games are a thing. Get over it and keep striving. That's the only way to succeed.
> [{quoted}](name=Illaoi Prime,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=23iZ5LxL,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-05-13T18:11:15.580+0000) > > And by doing that, you also exposed the person you're addressing. Us knowing the person you're talking about won't make any difference. What matters is the issue itself, and naming someone ( directly or via links ) is not the right way to go, and is in fact against [the Universal Rules](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/announcements-en/3eWpXbJi). > > Once again: who that person is is completely irrelevant. That's not going to solve anything. As I said, I don't care who that person is because there are hundreds like them and they ruin Ranked games every day. There's nothing to ban that person for. You can't beat it into their head that it's NOT GOOD for them or their potential teammates to queue for Ranked as soon as they ding 30, with limited knowledge about, say, 5 champs, at most. > [{quoted}](name=Illaoi Prime,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=23iZ5LxL,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-05-13T18:11:15.580+0000) > > What is this supposed to mean? Whether or not you choose to flame/be toxic is completely up to you. It is an unsolicited act on your end and will get you penalized. Solicited? No. Provoked? Yes. > [{quoted}](name=Illaoi Prime,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=23iZ5LxL,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-05-13T18:11:15.580+0000) > >Riot is not promoting any form of negativity by placing you in a match with someone who just started playing ranked games. They don't promote it, they provoke it. Lack of responsibility or knowledge is no excuse for a crime, as every person of legal age is aware of. So why are Riot acting like that then? > [{quoted}](name=Illaoi Prime,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=23iZ5LxL,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-05-13T18:11:15.580+0000) > >Players simply start with such MMR because that's where most of the players currently are. Good. You're starting to get my point now. That's exactly what's wrong with the system. As the enemy Rengar in my last game said, I repeat, "thats why noone should start higher than Bronze". > [{quoted}](name=Illaoi Prime,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=23iZ5LxL,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-05-13T18:11:15.580+0000) > > I'm more than sure that there have been instances where you got teamed with a player who just started experiencing ranked queue as well, but you didn't say anything. Why? Because they played well. You mean, because they smurfed? Yeah, happened yesterday with an Unranked Master Yi top who stomped our alleged "Gold" Wukong. There are no good fresh 30s. Why do I even have to say that? Everyone knows it.
: > It's an external link. Other players choose to follow it or not. I haven't given any names. Still, you shared their account in a way that exposed their name. It's a direct accusation of an individual. If you have an issue with someone, don't post their name on Boards ( in any form ). Instead, focus on the issue itself, while using them as an example / in order to get your point across, omitting their name in the process. > My point is why did he get matched with us in the first place? Brand new Ranked players usually start with the MMR equivalent to that of a Silver/low Gold player, which would explain why you got matched with that particular person. This happens because that's where most of the players are. > and put in a role he has hardly ever played Were they autofilled? > There's nothing to ban him for, except for his obvious giving up and farming away from our team (yes, he even said it in chat) While it is frustrating to play with players who are acting irresponsibly, you have to understand that starting a rant over them won't really solve anything. If you think they violated the rules, you can easily report them in the post-game screen and let the system take care of that. Should there be any violations ( and there obviously are, because "giving up" is not allowed ), they will get penalized, sooner or later.
> [{quoted}](name=Illaoi Prime,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=23iZ5LxL,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-05-13T14:27:51.446+0000) > > Still, you shared their account in a way that exposed their name. It's a direct accusation of an individual. If you have an issue with someone, don't post their name on Boards ( in any form ). Instead, focus on the issue itself, while using them as an example / in order to get your point across, omitting their name in the process. > I gave a match link. Even if I didn't do that, anyone can just look my profile up and see who the player was that played Sivir. Are you telling me I can't even say that? Again, I'm not ranting about an individual. There are hundreds of others like him. In fact, between this reply and my last one I lost another game with one such player. He LITERALLY JUST GOT 30 LEVEL and got matched to me in his FIRST EVER RANKED game and FIRST TIME with the champion. Do you want me to tell you who he was or give you a match link, or will you just check my profile and guess who he was? Hint: it's the only one from our team with a negative KDA. Hint2: he never ever builds boots, no matter what champ he plays. Hint3: he thinks Infinity Edge stacks. I was supp in that game and I had 2x his damage. Again, even the enemy team felt sorry for us, with the enemy Rengar saying "thats why noone should start higher than Bronze" and the enemy Veigar reporting said player. 2 Unranked, 1 Bronze, 1 low Silver, 1 high Silver vs 2 Gold, 3 high Silver players. Thank you, Riot... Thank you, Riot, for your amazing matchmaking system, which in 2 consecutive games managed to put 3 Unranked players on my side vs full high Silver/Gold teams! Thank you for the free defeats, thank you for the free -19 LP. Yesterday morning I was one step from getting Gold and forgetting about this hellhole, now I'm getting demoted to Silver 2 if I lose one more game. Thank you! That's the way to promote healthy gameplay, that's the way to fight toxicity in the game, that's the way to stop people from flaming, that's the way to fight frustration during matches! Way to go, Riot! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: Please, do not share other people's account names on Boards, as it is against [the Universal Rules](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/announcements-en/3eWpXbJi) ( **naming and shaming** ). Your link gave us their name, so you might want to fix that. Starting a witch hunt on Boards won't do any good.
> [{quoted}](name=Illaoi Prime,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=23iZ5LxL,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-05-13T13:56:44.750+0000) > > Please, do not share other people's account names on Boards, as it is against [the Universal Rules](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/announcements-en/3eWpXbJi). Your link gave us their name, so you might want to fix that. Starting a witch hunt on Boards won't do any good. It's an external link. Other players choose to follow it or not. I haven't given any names. That Sivir player was just a noob who has no idea about the game. There's nothing to ban him for, except for his obvious giving up and farming away from our team (yes, he even said it in chat). That's not my point. My point is why did he get matched with us in the first place? This happens all the time in all over Bronze, Silver and even low Gold. And I'm not going to accept a general answer like "because the system said so". Why did the system say so? Why did it decide that a guy who reached 30lvl earlier that day (yes, I checked) and has 90% games with Swain (yes, I checked) is okay to be matched with a team of high Silvers against a team of other high Silvers and put in a role he has hardly ever played (yes, I checked), picking a champion he has never played before (yes, I checked)? Why does Riot allow this? The only explanation I have is to promote smurfing, because there is LITERALLY no other logical explanation to this.
: Ive fallen to 35% today.
3 years ago I fell down from Silver 4 to Bronze 1 after my provisional games, then from Bronze 1 to Bronze 5 in a wave of tilt and rage. If you're losing, stop playing. Just stop. League requires focus, like a board game. I took a 2-month break and when I came back it only took me 1 week to get from Bronze 5 0 LP to Silver. :) Focus and mentality are half your win in this game.
: Why are league people so toxic, and have a "Win Or Die" mentality??
Because the majority of LoL players are kids. That's why. LoL is a non-engaging low spec f2p game, and as such it attracts mainly children aged 12-16, mainly boys due to the competitiveness and fighting it portrays. And what does a boy do when he loses a game? :) Yes, he gets mad. Possible, did you really need facts and figures about that? Or are you falling into that age group yourself and you're trying to defend it? Because it's either one or the other. You don't see many people insulting each other and flaming in a high-spec subscription MMORPG, do you? Haven't you ever wondered why?
: Is incessant ping spamming reportable?
Aah, I remember getting ping-spammed once by a Lux player. I decided that listening to the game sounds is more important in order to win than some other guy's desire to annoy me. Even if I had turned the sounds off, the pings would have appeared on my screen because he wasn't even playing - he was just avoiding AFK and spamming pings on me. At the end of the game (40min) I was hitting my keyboard, had a headache and was on the brink of breaking into tears. It felt like an ancient Chinese torture. I'm a 27-year-old guy. Honestly, if that other guy was in front of me at that moment, I would have chewed on his throat until my jaw became stiff. Then I would've buried him somewhere far and get myself a drink.
: This "Qeustionable" player behaviour
I don't know what's so "hard" for Riot to understand. 22 deaths in 22min, along with 5 tears. What more do they need? You need to deliberately kill yourself without stopping in order to get 22 deaths in 22min, considering the death timers. If that's not inting, then I don't know what is. I can even tell you the reason why he did it - TF support. If Riot really wants to ban this player, they can just search your match history and see his name. I am not saying his name, you follow the link on your own responsibility. https://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=vhaarysmaahl
Zed genius (EUNE)
: Is this not reportable?
The k y s is reportable, the first part should be reportable but it's considered as "bad judgement".
rèV (EUW)
: > [...] That's how bad he was and we all reported him, including some members of the enemy team... I felt so bad for VK that I added him after the game to apologize to him, even though I had the second best KDA after him from both teams... Sorry, but this part of your statement is hilarious. So, you are not only saying, that you reported a player, that you 100% knew is a new player for a bad performance, but you also gave the Vel Koz a pet on the back to cheer up? Lol. You make it sound like a traumatic event. I know myself, that it is very frustrating to play games with players several times better or worse than you, i'm pretty sure the majority of players feels like this. But making such a big deal and such a hilarious statement out of this is absurd. >Also, I know you, Rito, are against this but... when will you finally begin to take individual stats into consideration when determining win/lose LP? Why do score marks even exist if you're not going to consider them for anything else than Mastery farming? You do realize that by NOT taking individual stats into consideration, you are actually promoting feeding, trolling and negative behavior, right? The toxic/bad players will lose just as much LP as their team, regardless of how hard the rest are trying to win... You'd say that players would start playing for themselves only, but score marks are determined to a big extent by kill participation, so you would be wrong. So why are you not doing it then? I'd say that a player who has scored at least an A deserves some sort of consolation when defeated (no, Honorable Opponent does not count), while a player who has scored a C does not deserve equal spoils from a victory. I would like to see a source for the statement, that not taking into account individual perfomance promotes any of the behaviours you mentioned. Because talking about "promoting" something is a pretty strong term. Other than that, it's been discussed over and over and over again. You can't write an algorithm, that makes a fair assessment. If you think, that the current rating system reflects even a bit of what actually happens in the game, then you should think it over again. Kills, Deaths, objectives - everything is the result of something. How would you rate a support, that enables every kind of situation and opportunity with engages? How would you rate a support, that takes 0 CS? How would you rate a jungler that gives all the kills he has to someone else, makes plays happen, but dies a lot because of it? There is no way, that an algorithm can understand the flow and the decisions of a game. You would have to have someone to watch every game that is been played, at best someone who actually knows things about the game. Just face it: There is no team game in the world, where individual performance is not threated as an enabler to reach the goal, wich is winning the game. You can score 10 goals by yourself in a football game, if the other team scores 11 as a team, they win the game and earn the points. Same applies to literally every other team game. This is the mentality of these games and people should stop crying about them not having the impact they wish to have and stop asking for little ego compensations because it's so sad.
> [{quoted}](name=rèV,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=23iZ5LxL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-05-13T10:07:09.043+0000) > > Sorry, but this part of your statement is hilarious. So, you are not only saying, that you reported a player, that you 100% knew is a new player for a bad performance, but you also gave the Vel Koz a pet on the back to cheer up? Lol. You make it sound like a traumatic event. I know myself, that it is very frustrating to play games with players several times better or worse than you, i'm pretty sure the majority of players feels like this. But making such a big deal and such a hilarious statement out of this is absurd. Did you even look at the match? I even gave a link to it in the post. Did you look at Sivir's damage, his build path, his everything? He started rushing Statikk Shiv, saying he looked that build up on Mobafire in loading screen. 17min into the game he had a vamp scepter and Zeal. He was 2nd time Ranked and first time Sivir. Do you think that is not reportable? All 4 of us and some people from the enemy team reported him for trolling because he was either %%%%%%ed or trolling - you decide which of the two, but since we need to be polite we're just gonna call it "trolling". So he got reported. > [{quoted}](name=rèV,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=23iZ5LxL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-05-13T10:07:09.043+0000) > I would like to see a source for the statement, that not taking into account individual perfomance promotes any of the behaviours you mentioned. Because talking about "promoting" something is a pretty strong term. Other than that, it's been discussed over and over and over again. You can't write an algorithm, that makes a fair assessment. If you think, that the current rating system reflects even a bit of what actually happens in the game, then you should think it over again. Kills, Deaths, objectives - everything is the result of something. How would you rate a support, that enables every kind of situation and opportunity with engages? How would you rate a support, that takes 0 CS? How would you rate a jungler that gives all the kills he has to someone else, makes plays happen, but dies a lot because of it? There is no way, that an algorithm can understand the flow and the decisions of a game. You would have to have someone to watch every game that is been played, at best someone who actually knows things about the game. What? No, the rating system does not reflect what happens in the game. THAT'S THE PROBLEM! It only reflects whether you won or lost. And what kind of source for a statement are you talking about? If you get mad and you wanna ruin the game and you know that your team will lose just as much LP as you, then you'll just start feeding/trolling and the effect will be there - you lose 14-19 LP and the rest of your team will also lose exactly the same amount of LP. Now, imagine that the system took individual contributions. You're 0/15/0 and your team is 8/2/4, 6/1/8, 5/2/9, 7/2/5. You lose 19 LP, they will only lose 14. Where is the problem in that? What kind of source for a statement do you need? It's just simple behavioral logic. > [{quoted}](name=rèV,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=23iZ5LxL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-05-13T10:07:09.043+0000) > Just face it: There is no team game in the world, where individual performance is not threated as an enabler to reach the goal, wich is winning the game. You can score 10 goals by yourself in a football game, if the other team scores 11 as a team, they win the game and earn the points. Same applies to literally every other team game. This is the mentality of these games and people should stop crying about them not having the impact they wish to have and stop asking for little ego compensations because it's so sad. If I scored 10 goals all by myself without help and my team still allowed themselves to receive 11 goals and lose, then I do not belong in that team. Your example is bad because in a real sport someone would notice me and hire me to play for a better team. Look at the match link again. Look at Vel'Koz's stats, look at his damage. I was premade with Kha. He was premade with Pantheon. Do you really think, based JUST on the numbers you're looking at, that our team deserved to lose; that our team deserved to be taken 19 LP down because we got matched to an Unranked 1st time Sivir? You're talking about team games in the world, eh? In any team game in the world when someone from the team begins acting like a moron they show them the door to the lockers and it's a done business. In LoL you have to carry on and act like nothing's happened. There is NO team game in the world where such a behavior is tolerated. Well, except for LoL. What? Reports and bans? Oh, please! I report people every day insulting each other's mothers, sisters and even nations, feeding out of their ass, trollpicking shit champs with troll summoners and troll builds, feeding after muting the whole team, and the last time I saw a confirmation message for a penalty was at least 2 months ago. It doesn't work. I play approximately 10 games per day. For every 10 games, at least 2 have an int feeder or a flamer. No, I'm not exaggerating. Look at my match history, ask me and I'll pinpoint the players, if you want. But rito will say naming'n'shaming is bad, so... Again, what you're doing is trying to put it into a singular personal subjective example. My point is that Unranked people do NOT belong to Silver, they do not belong in a MRR with other players who have hundreds of games on their record. It's not fair for the new players because they feel useless, it's not fair for the others too because they're 4v5. My point is that it's not fair for a player (or 2-3 players) who gives his best to take just as much of a hit from a defeat as a "lol chill its just a game", "sry 1st time this champ", "what do i max first", "lol i troll" guy. It is not fair. It simply isn't. The best way to correct this is to start taking individual contributions into account. Why? 1) Because obviously banning doesn't work in an F2P game where ppl can just make new accounts and continue acting the same way. 2) Because with higher rewards for the best performers will also come lower rewards for the worst. 1))"But how will you measure tank/support contributions?" - wow, you really didn't look at my profile, did you? I'm a main support, off tank top. I cannot remember a game we won where I played with my mains and I didn't take A or S. Obviously, the game has a way of measuring it. The game now has vision score, it has mitigation on self, mitigation on others, shields and heals on self and others. The game DOES have the tools to measure individual contributions, even for support. However, it is not using it for anything other than Mastery points, which is just sad... 2)) "But this will create a competition within each team because in the end they will be ranked and rewarded differently!" - okay, good, very good. Where's the problem? That's the whole point of "RANKED" the last time I checked.
Rioter Comments
: Kalista?
So she is on rotation this week, which prompted me to pick her, even though I already own her. I bought her in a time when she was still decent, but I immediately spotted that her early game is horribly terribly bad, like in my opinion she is easily the weakest early-game ADC. As I got better and better with her, there was one thing that kept poking my eyes out - she has no indication of her spears on her target, unlike Twitch who can easily see exactly how many stacks he has, and she has no range indicator on her E, unlike Twitch who got this QoL buff quite a while back. Also, you would want to save your E for as long as possible in order to get the maximum damage and kill with her; however, she has no kill indicator on her E either, unlike Garen or Cho'Gath. I cannot stress just how many times I've died due to using E 1-2 spears too early, leaving the enemy at just a sliver of health and killing me. I cannot stress how many times I have to click on each and every single target (not even champion, just target) so that I know how many spears they got. And, jesus lord almighty strike me down right now, I cannot stress how many times my enemies have escaped on low health with 10000000 spears sticking out their ass, all because they got out of my E's range, with me having no indication in-combat of how long the range is, unlike Twitch. "stfu and git gud" you say. Sure, then revert Twitch's E range indicator. Remove the visible stacks from his passive above each enemy. While you're at it, remove the visible stacks from Darius's passive as well. Do you see where I'm going now? A big part of why Kalista is so bad right now, in my opinion, is not only the massive nerfs, mindlessly thrown at her in order to keep her in check, but also Riot's complete negligence of the champion's gameplay. My suggestions: 1. For the love of god, give her E the same treatment as Twitch's E. It is so frustrating having your enemy escape your E's range with 10-15 spears. 2. Give her E a kill indicator, just like Garen R or Cho'Gath R. No more 1 HP champions laughing at your corpse, no more math-while-you-hop. 3. Give her E a stack indicator, like Twitch or Darius. If they can get that, without you having to worry about cluttering the player's screen with too much information, then so can Kalista, so that's not an excuse. I would be fine if you don't follow 2. and 3., since they can be worked around with just practice and learning to count your stacks, left-clicking on your enemy, or getting used to your E's damage. But once again, in the case of 2., Garen and Cho'Gath can have these - why can't Kalista? In conclusion, in my opinion, giving Kalista the 1. and 2. QoL buffs, in addition to some numbers buffs, will be enough for her to become playable again. Right now she is just more frustrating to play AS instead of AGAINST...
Rosh Roshan (EUNE)
: Unranked in Gold - defeat pre-20min
Thing is the difference between 1400 MMR and 1150 MMR is so goddamn huge there should never be a new player matched to 1400. Yet I had two.
Rioter Comments
Eambo (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Rosh Roshan,realm=EUNE,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=8iUfZoI7,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-07-18T12:17:20.367+0000) > > I've been trying to find a useful thread on this issue as I am experiencing the same problem as well. There are at least 4-5 similar threads, only one has details in it, but it's 2 years old... > > I cannot connect to the EUNE chat, everything works fine on EUW. My main acc is on EUNE, so I want to continue playing there. Can someone please do something and provide support? Thank you! Hi Rosh Roshan, There's a stickied post at the top of these boards with further information, but tl;dr is that we're currently aware of the issues and looking into a fix for it. This is most likely not something you can 100% fix yourself, and we'll need to make changes for it. A certain subset of players were having either login or chat issues, with majority being login. We've fixed the login side of things, and are looking into implementing the same for chat. We're hoping that all going well we'll see this fix go out this evening or tomorrow, depending on availability and how smoothly testing goes (some pretty core network changes which, if done wrong, would hurt a heck of a lot more than it will help). I can't give that as a 100% solid timeframe as, if things don't test well we'll need to adjust what we're doing - but we're fairly optimistic for today/tomorrow for the fix.
Thank you very much for the reply! I tried logging in today though and it's still the same. What's strange is that Notifications work (like LCS game announcements), but my Friends list, the chat service, and the champion select chat remain unavailable. {{champion:32}}
XpAoS (EUNE)
: Chat Not Working
I've been trying to find a useful thread on this issue as I am experiencing the same problem as well. There are at least 4-5 similar threads, only one has details in it, but it's 2 years old... I cannot connect to the EUNE chat, everything works fine on EUW. My main acc is on EUNE, so I want to continue playing there. Can someone please do something and provide support? Thank you!
: Can not connect to chat
I'm sorry for necroing this thread, but I'm having a similar issue from some time. I had deleted the game a month ago and re-installed it last week. However, when I log to EUNE it won't connect to the chat. I cannot see my friends list, thus I cannot invite them into games, they cannot see me either. Worse yet, I cannot chat in champion select, which has put me completely off Ranked games. Everything on EUW works fine. Tried repair, doesn't work. Help :( My EUNE acc is my main acc so I want to play there. {{champion:32}}
: > the people who don't mind to are not real supports who might underperforming, get raged on and quit the role. wut? The system tight now oblige you have 2 main roles.. 2 not one, 2. So... if I like playing top/jungle i will feed in jungle? top/mid i will feed in mid? top/adc i will feed as adc? mid/top i m a feeder when i end up top?( i won't continue, you got my point I think ). Everyone as 2 roles right now, someone is decent in both in equal way, someone like them both but love more one of them or is just better in one of them, someone just still have a single role and they hope for the best when they enter queue. The system is flawed because it is designed to allow you to regurarly play 2 positions, but in practice this isn t allowed if one of them is support. Take me again : I am in the situation to love playing mid ( my favourite champions are all midlaners, I'm for mages in every game, I love the playstyle etc. ).. loving mages, I like supporting too, and some champions I really enjoy are supports, like Nami. I just happen to like more the offensive ones. But i am preveted to support without doing it 100% of time. So I am forced to risk playing a role I don't enjoy at all. This is a flaw.
> [{quoted}](name=labarso,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=Et1xPdiY,comment-id=00010000000100000000,timestamp=2016-05-14T16:29:48.572+0000) > > The system is flawed because it is designed to allow you to regurarly play 2 positions, but in practice this isn t allowed if one of them is support. ^this. Let's say I like playing primary top and then for my secondary role I don't really care, so I put fill. The result is that I will never see top lane again because the secondary Fill pick will always send me to support. How is this normal??? There are two problems right now. One of them is that Fill always sends you to support, which can be fixed by making Fill check your previous games. The other one, which causes the first one, is that there are almost no supports in this game. Simply buffing supports is something Riot will never do because it will return us to the Annie support times. So instead they can give support players some reward for playing the game. Like someone proposed - higher % for shards, or 1-2 more LP/IP. I don't know, just do something. I'm not crying that there are no supports while playing another role. I'm crying that I am constantly forced to play support to a point where I'm getting really frustrated and bored by the game and role today. And if I want to play another role, I have to endure queue timers as long as half the duration of a game...
: could you give an idea of how it could be changed ?
> [{quoted}](name=K1ll1NGT1ME,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=Et1xPdiY,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2016-05-14T16:10:58.793+0000) > > could you give an idea of how it could be changed ? 1) Increase the rewards for playing a support. This is very likely to lure more people into supporting. 2) Make it so Fill checks what roles you played before and tries to find something different. This fixes the problem with Fill automatically, but may cause an overall increase in queue times. 3) Make it so it's visible how much you'll wait with the role you want (like on old Team Builder) and what roles are currently most needed. While it is unlikely that kids will pick support because it is the most needed role and because otherwise they'll wait 10 minutes, it can drive some people into picking it.
: lol i say this about a month ago and everyone is going to is not true blanblanalana now everyone is crying about it {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} forum logic
I don't know, really. Until now I always picked Fill in primary or secondary so for me queues were always fast, but I also always queued with someone who picked support as primary/secondary. So sometimes I would be support, sometimes not. However, now it's getting a bit frustrating... My main point is - it's OK getting supporting sometimes when I pick Fill, but getting it 99% of the times is just dumb. What's the whole point of Support then? Just remove it and leave only Fill - 99% of the time it will be support and 1% it will be whatever else is needed in the miraculous event that someone queued support as primary role in SoloQ. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
: There are few support players. Deal with it and STOP CRYING. riot doesn't give a fuck as they cannot do anything to change something that depends ENTIRELY on the player base so this only makes you look like crybabies and fills the forum with shitty spam
Yes, they can do something. They can make the Fill pick check what roles you played in your last games and try to give you something different. For players who enjoy playing more than 1-2 roles and don't want to be supports 99% of the games just because they picked Fill, this will be a major gameplay improvement.
Viavarian (EUW)
: Don't forget 4) "I like playing support, but hate it that selecting fill or secondary support is almost guaranteed to give me support" Which is, no doubt, the main reason why there are so few supports in the queue.
> [{quoted}](name=Viavarian,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=Et1xPdiY,comment-id=00060001,timestamp=2016-05-14T14:00:22.643+0000) > > Don't forget > > 4) "I like playing support, but hate it that selecting fill or secondary support is almost guaranteed to give me support" > > Which is, no doubt, the main reason why there are so few supports in the queue. This here is the main reason I opened this thread. Thank you!
: Yeah...I've ended duoing with a jungler as it is the only chance to secure some teamwork. Still as support you can stick to your team without losing strenght by being unable to farm...as you don't need it.
> [{quoted}](name=Igorny the Panda,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=Et1xPdiY,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2016-05-14T13:47:19.987+0000) > > Yeah...I've ended duoing with a jungler as it is the only chance to secure some teamwork. Still as support you can stick to your team without losing strenght by being unable to farm...as you don't need it. This is actually something I've resorted to myself, too. Since support and jungler are the two roles which rely the most on their teammates, queueing with a jungler as a support ends up being quite beneficial for both of us.
: I enjoy playing support a lot but lately I have switched over to ADC simply because I feel like I personally have a bigger impact on the game as a whole. This isn't because support has less of an impact but because I do not have any synergy playing with a random ADC. Sometimes it's simply because play style is too different or other times they are picking an ADC they rarely play and therefor aren't playing as good as they could and we end up losing. So in all reality I chose to change from support to ADC because I do not trust other players to do what is needed so why not do it myself? With that said I still pick support ass my secondary role simply because I like playing BOT LANE. Another answer you might find more acceptable is that people could find the kit of the support champions rather boring compared to other roles. I mean personally I also think that there are many other champs in different roles that are a lot more fun to play simply because of the kit. Lastly in regard of what I was trying to say first about having an impact in the game. If you play a high dmg assassin like zed you can insta kill the other teams ADC with YOUR SKILLS ALONE. As a support you engage or peel for your adc. Now.. You can be a freaking legendary support doing all the right stuff however if your fx. adc or mid laner that you're peeling for is a kind of person that ain't great at position or generally playing the role they will get killed and all you can then do is try to keep alive some of the other people who don't do enough dmg and you either all end up dying or you survive. Because of that I feel like people tend to play roles that they know they themselves, all alone have an impact with where as a support you ofcourse can make some sick engages or peeling but in the end you're a lot more team reliant and that's hard to do in soloQ where good communication, attitude and general skill level and expectations vary greatly. But this is all my personal experience and opinions. I have no fact book to say if that's the way it actually is :) -Good day :P
I feel the same way very often too. I play a lot of support and when I see my ADC failing at CS, trading or following-up, it just makes me so mad that sometimes I decide to pick the role myself. And I do quite well at it. Supports are supposed to enhance the power of your team, but what if your team is incredibly weak? Then you're just left alone and helpless watching them go into bad fights and dying, and on top of all they blame you for being alive at the end and thus not doing your best (because if you did, you should've been dead too, right?). To me supports are the champions with the most diverse kits in the whole game. I mean, look at Bard, seriously. Now take for example a support as basic as Sona - how often do you use her different songs with passive? Most people completely ignore the W and E passives and only go for the Q passive 'cuz it's extra damage hurr durr. You have an extra Exhaust and an extra slow and you're not even using them, then you go ahead and call supports a "less impactful role"? Well, no, sir... Regarding the instant impact of supports, all those things you're saying can be easily offset by a support. An assassin jumps in - Exhaust him or CC him. Your ADC needs peel or your team just has low overall damage, then pick a caster support. Most of the time I play Zyra support and I end up being the top damager of my team.
: I pick support/ADC as ADC would be my second role and I get it like 20% of my matches...whenever I get it I call for support to the guy who got it and he always give it to me xDD. Imagine how few supports are out there that people queue it to find a game but they don't want or can't play it. Of course this leads to rage on the support and makes people run from that position even more The day people respects us supports instead of hating them and glorying nothing but kills there will be more supports. Yesterday I played as taric. As a freaking asssaver ending like 0/0/16 and Carrying my rat to the level he himself acknowledged it, as the enemy did...THAT happens once every lunar cycle. Not because supports can't carry but because nobody notices them.
Usually, when a teamfight is won everyone salutes the one who took the kills - the ADC or the mid. Nobody even looks at the one who made those kills - most of the time it's the support or jungler. You have to make some absolutely incredible MadLife WildTurtle play for someone to even tell you "gj". If they really think it's so easy, then why don't they take that role, huh?
: He wants some miracle for supports players to appear from nowhere so he doesn't have to wait. I laugh at people who wants to force support role on others whilst they do NOT want it for themselves
> [{quoted}](name=Igorny the Panda,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=Et1xPdiY,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2016-05-14T13:34:44.922+0000) > > He wants some miracle for supports players to appear from nowhere so he doesn't have to wait. > > I laugh at people who wants to force support role on others whilst they do NOT want it for themselves No... As I said, I have no problem playing whatever role. The problem is when I have to either play support **all the time**, which can make anyone sick of it, even main supports, or face 10-minute queues. That's when you start feeling that something is wrong with role distribution.
: If Riot did anything to shift the tides then they would make an even greater imbalance. Currently the algorithm is: Fill = The role that has not been picked yet. If Riot made Fill = 20 % Mid 20% Top etc... then many problems would occur since people that play anything other than support would have even more trouble getting their lane. This Fill = Support problem is caused by no one else other than the players. People simply dont want to play Support and would rather be alone on their lane. The only thing Riot could do is make supports look more appealing via some cute presentation or something else, but not much other than that. Currently we can either pick support or wait out those 10 minutes and there is no help on the horizon.
> [{quoted}](name=TheShadowChamp,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=Et1xPdiY,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-05-14T12:58:45.037+0000) > > If Riot did anything to shift the tides then they would make an even greater imbalance. Currently the algorithm is: Fill = The role that has not been picked yet. > If Riot made Fill = 20 % Mid 20% Top etc... then many problems would occur since people that play anything other than support would have even more trouble getting their lane. > This Fill = Support problem is caused by no one else other than the players. People simply dont want to play Support and would rather be alone on their lane. > The only thing Riot could do is make supports look more appealing via some cute presentation or something else, but not much other than that. > > Currently we can either pick support or wait out those 10 minutes and there is no help on the horizon. Hmmm, what I mean is that Riot could make some kind of algorithm, which gradually decreases the chance of getting the same role over again. This will ensure that even if there are few supports after a few games of getting support as "Fill", I will also get something different.
Rioter Comments

Rosh Roshan

Level 30 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion