Febos (EUW)
: The answer is simple: always have one in your inventory as long as you have space for it. This isn't a Mid specific thing. **Everyone** should do this. You should always have the option to prevent/clear vision with you, regardless of your role. The only role that can bypass that advice is ADC because they usually don't walk alone. https://youtu.be/r5-JlwbkDsQ?t=994 I picked a random point in a random professional game. You can see both teams have 3 control wards in their inventories ready to use, plus the ones placed on the map. You're not a professional player, but it's good practice to carry those around. It's only 75 G and it can save your life (or give you a kill).
Alright, thanks! Then I guess my support habit of buying wards whenever I can isn't a bad thing in other lanes either after all.
: I saw progress after 7 days. Most people I coached needed about 5-14 days to feel progress in their ability farm efficiently. > My biggest issue however is that once midgame starts and teams just start ARAM-ing and all farming the same lane, I get significantly less CS, I know that if I got to a sidelane, the team is going to get engaged on and they'll blame me, and I also don't like stealing jungle camps, because I don't want to put our jungler behind. There is no easy solution to this. If you hit higher elo brackets, you'll see midlaners sitting on sidelanes quite frequently since it's the best option you have if you are looking to scale a bit. The whole araming part is a bit of a problem you'll face in lower elo brackets and there is no real helping it if you are not willing to let your teammates fend for themselves. If you are looking to escape iron/bronze/silver/gold then I'd rather suggest playing a snowball-style and just farming as well as you can in the laning phase and roaming around right after it ends. This will sound weird since people usually emphasize on how farming is a really big part of league but I've had more success with running around and killing people. > Also, I'm trying it with the runes and abilities I would do in a normal game. I'm not putting on runes that help me CS, I take spells even if they're useless for farming, and I don't ult waves randomly just to increase my CS number. I prefer having the stats I would have in a normal game. What I meant was that adaptive force might help you farm (depending on your champion) and I've had better results after switching them out and practising without them. Also, I'd suggest not using your abilities on waves etc. since you might run oom and in that case, you'd need to rely on basics to farm. An Annie Q might be godsent help for farming, but relying on it might put you in awkward spots
> If you are looking to escape iron/bronze/silver/gold then I'd rather suggest playing a snowball-style and just farming as well as you can in the laning phase and roaming around right after it ends. This will sound weird since people usually emphasize on how farming is a really big part of league but I've had more success with running around and killing people. I'm not trying to escape any elo, I've already escaped gold, and I don't want to play ranked anymore because plat is a literal zoo that I can't enjoy the slightest. I'm only playing normals now. > What I meant was that adaptive force might help you farm (depending on your champion) and I've had better results after switching them out and practising without them. Also, I'd suggest not using your abilities on waves etc. since you might run oom and in that case, you'd need to rely on basics to farm. I'm playing Lux though, not an adc, and in my opinion learning how to properly get CS with your abilities that you wouldn't be able to get with auto attacks because they're about to die at the same can be really helpful. In game I also use my abilities often to get CS that I normally would miss. I'm managing to not run out of mana in normal games while farming, I only use abilities when I really need to use them.
: Don't repeate it over and over again. I had the same issue when I got into practicing csing. Just do it once a day and dont stress over the results - you don't have to hit 10cs/min and rather should focus on getting the really hard ones that you usually wouldn't get. Edit: Also, put yourself into harder positions - try doing it without items/helping runes/abilities and also without stopping to AA. the last one will make you miss a couple of minions, but will help you in the long run since by never stopping to AA you'll often find yourself in harder situations where you'll need to decide on which minions you can AA without losing cs/getting them to die simultaneously.
Alright, then I'll try practicing it on a daily basis! How many days do you think is needed to see some form of improvement? I just recently started playing mid (I'm a support main so I never really needed to CS), and can only get around 5 CS/min in an average live game, in better games even 6-7 CS/min. My biggest issue however is that once midgame starts and teams just start ARAM-ing and all farming the same lane, I get significantly less CS, I know that if I got to a sidelane, the team is going to get engaged on and they'll blame me, and I also don't like stealing jungle camps, because I don't want to put our jungler behind. Also, I'm trying it with the runes and abilities I would do in a normal game. I'm not putting on runes that help me CS, I take spells even if they're useless for farming, and I don't ult waves randomly just to increase my CS number. I prefer having the stats I would have in a normal game.
Rioter Comments
FennDer (EUW)
: RIOT Games Change [ Ranked Draft system in Silver/Gold ]
Riot is a game company, not some sort of fortune teller. They can't predict how well each player will play in the next match. For example your 0/16/1 Sivir went 12/1/4 the next game. How is Riot supposed to know how people will play before the match even starts? It's literally impossible. Honestly the only way to climb is to improve yourself. You get different teammates every game, so you can't improve how your teammates play. Sometimes you'll get better teammates, sometimes worse. The only thing you can change when you're climbing is how you play. That's why when you lose, it's way better for you to focus on what you did wrong and how you can fix it, instead of focusing on what your teammates did wrong (which you're unable to fix). A few things that you're doing wrong just by looking at your op.gg: - You hardly ever change your trinket to Oracle's Lens. When you complete your support item quest and get the ability to carry 3 or 4 wards that reset on backing, it's way better to swap your trinket to Oracle's Lens. - The amount of control wards you buy is quite... low. You bought a total of 11 control wards in your last 10 support games. As a support, one of your main jobs is granting vision to your own team and denying vision from the enemy team. In the span of 10 games you bought as many control wards as you should buy during 1 single game. Without seeing your games, those are the mistakes I've seen just based on your op.gg, but they're not that difficult to fix. Hope it helped! {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} Edit: noticed 1 more thing. You don't adapt to the current game. In one of the games, the enemy had 3 AP champions that deal quite some damage, an AP tank, and an adc, and you chose to take double armor runes for some really odd reason.
: WB to league
Welcome back! Glad you're not taking flamers seriously, personally flamers are the reason I'm too afraid to play solo anymore and I only play with friends.
: Maybe cause focus and pressure, I normaly fail all when i focus on farm, maybe cause pressure of "I want farm 100 at 10", i finish farm better when i'm not so focused on farm.
That makes sense, the pressure might be a factor.
Q8DawooD (EUW)
: dawood
Why would they remove the ban from your account? You broke the rules and got punished.
: Flex has separate ranking and Solo/duo queue ranking is separate; from what I see the ranks you say are that of solo/queue and each queue is given separate mmr so that it doesn't affect each other. It isn't boosting but can be unfair many times; because matching will be made as per flex rankings-which may result in some of your opponents who aren't plat or diamond, but getting matched against you guys. Imagine playing against pre of 5 and that too with 2 diamond and 1 plat guy, while the other team mostly won't have pre made of 5 and not high ranked players from solo queue.
Yeah, one time in flex I was playing against a 5 man premade, all of them were diamond or higher in soloQ.
: NO have fun {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} _-edit-_ A longer answer: The only act Riot considers boosting, is when a high Elo player, plays from someone's else low Elo account. If you just play from your own account with a friend, no matter how lower or higher s/he is, it is not considered boosting. So if account sharing is not involved, it's fine. As long as your friends feel comfortable enough to play in a higher Elo, go for it. But this last one is a matter of personal taste, it does not concern Riot.
Isn't it also bannable when you make a smurf account to duo with a low elo player to boost them?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Arcade Lulu (EUNE)
: Let me be plz i just had a 2 month summer vacation and haven't had any match classes yet {{sticker:sg-soraka}}
I envy you for that, I'm spending 9 hours a day throughout whole August studying math, and it's taking away all my will to live. {{sticker:sg-soraka}}
Arcade Lulu (EUNE)
: I mean, taking into account that league has millions and millions of players And out of a million 0.006% is 6000 players It's not really hard to believe that that % is not far from the truth imo
The point is good, but 0.006% of 1 million isn't 6000. That's 0.6%.
: -> HONORS <-
Yeah, that's something I've also been missing. There are so many games where I want to honor all my teammates because they are all friendly and also we played so well as a team, and I have to make a hard decision honoring only one of them. Then I feel bad for leaving my other teammates unhonored. I think the reason they removed honoring the opponent is for stuff like "if you int me 1 kill, I'll honor you" kind of stuff. There are still matches though when someone in the enemy team has played so well that I just want to honor them.
CarryAll (EUNE)
: A question regarding Project 2019 shop
You don't even get the skin, you only get a chroma for the skin.
CJXander (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Silent Note,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=1JcbOndn,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-24T10:08:29.015+0000) > > I hated it because uneducated kids didn't know what 2 augments meant and always brought more, which wasn't the most fun thing after it happened 10 times in a row. > It was legit the thing that ever frustrated me the most in League, I'm not even exaggerating, no game has ever made me as tilted as I was back then. So even though the gameplay itself wasn't bad, my strongest memories of it are full of anger and hatred. I still get frustrated from it just by writing this comment. Never had that issue, had a full team to play with on discord.
Around that the time semester started, so it was hard to organise a time that was good for all of us, and we were also only 4 people. To be honest I've never been the type of player who's toxic and I'm never ever flaming in my games, I'm trying to keep a positive attitude, I'm not even saying a bad word when someone goes 0/20, but after a while Odyssey made me hard flame whoever brought more than 2 augments after I asked them in champ select to not do so, and I just afk-ed after. It got to a point where I was really terrified of getting banned.
: Why am i banned 14 days so unfair???
> i did report noobs and feeder and antiteam players The system would be really flawed if you could get banned for playing bad. Imagine spending hundreds of Euros on the game, then one game you have a bad game/the enemy jungler camps you/keep getting dove on full HP/get in a situation that's out of your control, then you lose your account that you spent so much money and time on, just because you had an unlucky game or a few unlucky games.
CJXander (EUNE)
: Anyone misses Odyssey?
I hated it because uneducated kids didn't know what 2 augments meant and always brought more, which wasn't the most fun thing after it happened 10 times in a row. It was legit the thing that ever frustrated me the most in League, I'm not even exaggerating, no game has ever made me as tilted as I was back then. So even though the gameplay itself wasn't bad, my strongest memories of it are full of anger and hatred. I still get frustrated from it just by writing this comment.
RayleighTT (EUNE)
: you realise that , this isn't about the fact you would have to buy just 1 , if you buy several sets for a few champions in multiple roles , you would understand what i say ... ,basically those thinghs will be just 2 times selled on BE .. , this year on emporium sale , next time those will no longer be available ... and you will be able to purchase them on Rp only ,that quitly means a little bit unfair for who is behind with champions and started just now to play ,or had to start from 0 ,after getting a permanent ban ,such as i had lv 167 over one account ,and had likely 100 champions + ... , so now i had to start almost from begin.
> next time those will no longer be available You realise that, you should read the thing you post before posting it, right? > They’ll be available year-round for 225 RP and twice a year in the Essence Emporium for 3500 BE.
: is this even possible?
Watch and analyze the replay.
RayleighTT (EUNE)
: Eternals...
3500 BE is really nothing. In Essence Emporium, there's stuff that costs 50k-150k BE. 3500 BE is an amount that I wouldn't even notice if Riot removed from my account, so I don't know why you need to be complaining about that. I honestly thought that if Eternals ever became available for BE, they would cost around 15k BE at least. You didn't take into account the watch pro play missions, which by themselves already gave me more than 3500 BE, the glorious champion capsules, which give you around 1-1.5k BE, and the champion capsules you get every 25 levels and give you like 2000 BE.
ZHH (EUW)
: TTK
TTK? What?
: You wanna play a couple of arams with me? I play nothing but aram so I can help you try and get a chest, your chances would go up by 50%.
Thank you, but I feel really pressured whenever I'm playing premade with someone I don't know personally. I'm also at the point where I feel like I could ragequit any game. That's not something I ever do, but nothing tilts me more than getting chests in League.
: It actually does, in summoners rift that kda would normally result in an S, but in aram assists stand for far far less. I once went 1/3/47 with Janna in aram and got a A+. In aram your rank depends far more on how much damage you've done than how many assists you got, the reason for that is since it's a 5v5 lane you can get assists without doing anything to help your team so they changed how the ranking system works.
Yeah, but I don't have a choice. My friends aren't online right now, and playing Summoner's Rift alone is just a nightmare.
: It doesn't - exactly Actually - all you have to do in ARAM is not suck as hell. Seriously - if you want to get boxes, play ARAM - you get more boxes than you got keys for.
That's what I'm doing, but as you can see, even if I'm playing full KDA oriented just to get that chest, the system still doesn't give it to me.
VIT Laati (EUNE)
: With Rylai-Liandry, one doesn't need to be that great in order to deal damage with her :P
Yeah, but most of them just positions awfully and has 10+ deaths by the end of the game.
VIT Laati (EUNE)
: You should know these things ;) Let's remind the OP, in case he has forgotten :3 Ranks aren't only based on your performance. They are based on your performance compared to the other players playing the champ. Others have done more than you.
I know that, but most of the times I see a Zyra on ARAM, they're just really bad.
: Because its aram....
That doesn't explain anything.
Rioter Comments
: Best Name for OTP Ahri & Swain - help uwu
Charmy Kitsune It's not taken either.
: My Report card says i was reported for toxic behaviour, which is annoying because I did my job as a support should which is to keep the team together. i gave good callouts, backed up the team in fights, put 'gj' in chat when the team got a kill. pinged objective timers, warded very hard. i ended the game with a vision score of 60 the enemy sup only had 34. just seems unfair
If it says toxic behaviour, there should be chatlogs. Can you show it to us, so we can see if the ban was deserved or not?
: this game is trash
What does your report card say? What was the reason you got banned? You can't get banned if you were reported but you're not guilty.
VorenDier (EUNE)
: Why does the game depends so much on the team? Individual Skills Means Dog Crap.
> Why does the game depends so much on the team? everyone has to play with the team. We don't play this game to cooperate with %%%%%%s Uhmmm... Maybe because League of Legends is a teamgame? Play another game if you don't want to play with your team.
MISSIO (EUW)
: What has toxicity changed
> shittalk is the only reason i play this game personally Also > if you have nothing but bullshit to say dont type anything at all You should probably take your own advice there.
Cypherous (EUW)
: > Is there an official stance on the state of champ select for the Normal (Blind Pick) queue? If so, please be so kind as to point me to it. An official stance in regards to what exactly > a) haven't yet reached summoner level 10 and/or 20 available champions, or > b) want to play a certain champion and circumvent it being banned. C) just don't like playing draft and want things to start faster and to practice multiple roles without being autofilled > Also, the concept of call order is a greenhouse for negativity and shouldn't be the only feasible strategy to allocating roles. Call order isn't actually a thing, the official stance is pick order http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3449932 and has been for a long while > Why don't we use positional queues or a variation thereof in blind picks? Kind of defeats the purpose of it being blind, the blind doesn't only refer to you not knowing what the other team has picked but also not knowing what you're going to be getting
> Call order isn't actually a thing, the official stance is pick order http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3449932 and has been for a long while In blind pick, everyone picks at the same time, so there's still call order there. The post you're referring to is talking about draft pick (normal and ranked), because that's where half of the people were like "I called mid first" and the other half was "but I pick first", and it caused a lot of trouble, mainly the one picking first picking a mid champion, and the one who called it first considered them to be a troll and also picked a mid champion and went mid, meanwhile both of them thought they were right and the other one was trolling. Ever since that, positional queues have been introduced to draft pick, which solved the issue there, but in blind pick it's still call order.
SANEakaIN (EUW)
: What is happenning to the game ?
What's wrong with Tahm top? Around 80% of Tahm players go top, Tahm now is considered to be a toplane champion rather than a support.
PixelTobz (EUW)
: Next Skin Line ups
Star Guardian will be next.
: y but there should be things like honor 3, mobile verification etc etc. ofc they wont give thousands of accounts to 1 player.
Yeah, but for example, I would want to try what it's like playing in bronze, so I was thinking of making a smurf, but the reason I'm not doing that is that it would take too long to level up. If this was implemented, I would probably try playing on a smurf.
Her KhaI (EUW)
: Rankeds for ARAM
I really like the idea, but you would probably need to choose more champions that you can get. There'd be 10 bans in overall, and 10 champions played in overall. So you would need to select 20 champions to guarantee that you won't get left out without a champion
: Free smurf accounts provided by riot
That would highly increase the number of smurfs, which Riot isn't encouraging.
: Unbanning old accounts.
> I think people that shared an account with a friend (that was using third-party programms), should have a second chance too Don't they already get a second chance? As far as I'm concerned, they only get a 14 day ban at first. Source: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201751834-MMR-Elo-Boosting
: What do you use, Mechanical or Membrane?
: "And why is it a problem for the players if a skin gives more money to the company than other skins?" See this is what i'm talking about, of course we players don't care, yeah we just want Skins for our Champions, yup but you are forgetting one thing Riot Games as company and all people who works there cares about Money, Riot Games don't live from Air and League of Legends don't live from Air as well A Company without Money = Doors Closed and Game Over (Servers Closed)
Yeah, but then again, why would people hate skins for popular champions then? Those skins keep the company alive for longer than other skins, yet they're getting all the hate.
: Cause last years, ahri and lux most of skin (by number per champ) and most of "More skins than Lux/Ahri" and "As many skins as Lux/Ahri" are old skins. It look like Riot forgot about main {{champion:516}} cause he isn't popular. and since Lux/Ahri are popular champ people hate cause is "money grab"
Even when I see Ornn mains, they never use his skin, I don't know why. It must be one of the rarest skins I've seen, like nobody uses it.
Zanador (EUNE)
: Confirmation bias coupled with some marketing from Riot. Lux for example has quite an interesting history in my opinion. Back when she was released, champions always had 2 extra skins right away. Often one or both was barely more than a chroma. Lux got the Spell thief and Sorceress skins right away. However after that her next 3 skins had a very different tone: Commando, Imperial and Steel Legion all looked as if "Garen just grabbed her little sister and brought her along for his weekend with his friends". Basically none of those are about the original personality of Lux. Riot discussed it too, openly, and they decided that they wanted to do something about this. So when they made the Star Guardian skin, they were sure to highlight and promote it a lot. And it really paid off, the skin obviously became popular enough to make room for a whole skin line and an alternate universe with it's own lore too, and in the center of all that promotion is always Lux. Renekton would be a good counter example. As you correctly said, he has just as many skins, but he is never used as a center piece of a promotion nor was he the original / figure head of a skin line. He was _part_ of many skin lines: pool party, toy, prehistoric, hextech and of course with SKT1, the seasonal winner skins. But honestly, think about each skin line and Renekton will never be the one to come to your mind first. I for example think of Annie, Janna or Alistar when it comes to Hextech. Gnar for toys, and definitely not Renekton for Pool Party, even tho i like that skin's concept too. :) And thus we get to confirmation bias. Ahri and Lux have been promoted for their skins a lot and in general their original pictures have been often used on promotion materials, official backgrounds for the website, banners and so on. And if people see them everywhere, then they will notice them more when they pop up again in somewhere.
Yeah, that makes sense and sounds like it may be the case. However, I still don't get why people hate something just because it's popular. Like with Star Guardian Ahri I kinda get it, because her personality is so hateful, but I don't see anything bad with Lux being in the center of Star Guardians. She seems to be the only one who connects the Star Guardians. Jinx is kind of a loose cannon, and I don't think any other Star Guardian would be able to keep Jinx with the team aside from Lux. Lux is also the one who organised the PJ Party, so I don't see who else would be able to be in the center other than Lux.
: People in mind wants to complain about {{champion:21}} and {{champion:4}} for getting many skins but since their name is very Long to say, people found a option and prefer to complain about {{champion:99}} and {{champion:103}} since their name is more short and easy to say {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} Well now jokes aside, people must understand that {{champion:99}} {{champion:103}} and more popular Champions gives Riot the money they need, Unpopular Champions just gives them a bit a of money or just Air, it's sad but is the Truth Per example: A Skin for a popular Champion gives them 7 or 8 Millions of Dollars and A Skin for a Unpopular Champion gives them 3 or 4 Millions of Dollars Note: All that money around the World
And why is it a problem for the players if a skin gives more money to the company than other skins? Like you should be able to decide whether you like or dislike a skin without being biased by its popularity.
Rioter Comments
: tryhards in norms
Yeah, it's really annoying. When I'm trying out a new ADC (which isn't even my main role) I haven't played before, then my 2 mil Mastery Point Thresh OTP support flames me the entire game whenever I make a mistake. It's just so annoying, and made me quit playing normals solo. Ever since that game, I only play normals with friends and ARAM when I'm playing alone.
: Who derservers skins?
Ivern already got a skin this year though.
Show more

Silent Note

Level 226 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion