: >When the fanboism reach levels of delusion this is what happens. Not so much "fanboism" as it is the reality. Do I think Riot's system needs improvement? Definitely. Am I going to pretend to know enough about the programming going into such functions, and why it misses some of these things, other than what they've revealed publicly in discussions? Nope. You can even check my last game where I had a Darius running down mid. I can hope the system detects it, but I'm never going to bank on it. So it's not as if I'm ignorant to the problem as a whole. It's just that the current system is better than what it has been previously, and expecting perfection and for it not to miss players here or there is a bit much. You can post that as an example, but it'd be interesting to have a comparison of the amount of players it _**does**_ punish to compare. Unfortunately neither of us is privy to that information. Which actually is a bit disappointing because with that, this discussion subject (which pops up regularly), would have a whole new viewpoint.
you won't get away by saying ''k-y-s'' 50 games in a row tho
: Asking for report is punishable: Same like calling police would be a crime. WTF is wrong with this rito???
Idk they are absolute re tards.
ˉˉIˉˉ (EUW)
: "Don't pick AP Shaco, it's useless and you don't even know what you're doing"
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
Looks like you don't know anything about him then. You are just blindly defending him.
: Errm, you are correct at it's core. But i will use myself as an example, over the last 2 days 80% of the games I've had has featured an AFK. I dealt with it, I didn't rage or anything but i was frustrated. I spent a lot of time wanting a a good quality match but I was consistently placed in a 4v5 or a 5v4 situation. That's not exactly fun to deal with even if you win. it's just boils down to a waste of time. So yes I was frustrated but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect quality games. I can accept a few games with trolls and players afk'ing, it is the internet after all. But what i'm more frustrated at is for a long time now the quality of the games has diminished across the board. And I've waited for years for Riot to do something about it, I don't expect a miracle but I expect Riot to at least try something. but years have passed and the issue has just got worse and worse. And the worst part is these players who do intentionally ruin games know they can get away with it. So it happens More and more and more. So my expectations are shattered but lets be fair here, I don't think i'm being in any way unreasonable in wanting those expectations from one of the biggest games worldwide.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
''It's neither instant, nor a zero tolerance word, so yeah, you must use it pretty often to get banned in the first place...'' Unlike the inting these punishments ARE INSTANT (maybe 1-2 hours) You don't need to type it 1000 times but you need to have said it ONCE to get banned.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
If you say to a guy that is inting a ''R*tard'' you are unreformable. But you are the bad one because you don't want to deal with his shit the whole game .Saying the word ''R*tarded'' will get you instantly banned and is considered UNREFORMABLE. This logic is dogshit
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
Perma bans will NEVER be a solution when it comes to toxicity. They will not END IT, they will not REDUCE IT,they will not make them reform. It will only make them even more toxic and just start all over again. No matter how you look at it this system it definitely needs a change. They are going in the right direction by adding the Honor system and Clash BUT we need more ways to encourage positive behavior. The punishment system doesn't feel fair. And doesn't work for the people that int (even when they buy 6x mobis, using troll spells, the amount of deaths and confirming that they will int in chat). I feel bad that I deleted my recordings. Because I had like 7 or 8 videos recorded with proof of people inting, confirming it on chat and just running it down without any punishment after.
Nolex (EUNE)
: Ill give u my example why im getting bored and slowly steping away. Im playing since season 2. Glory days of Moscow5/Gambit, CLG.eu there was no public data about best build and stuff (maybe few examples) tsm players used to do "best pro builds" . Just seeing all these players starting to fell of because riot games took away everything that could be unique and fun, forcing players from multiple to single option of playstyle makes less better player at that X champion useless. Killing unique options "pocketpicks" doesnt make game fun from perspective of an old player cuz we used to play more than 1 champion succesful. Now if u dont have enaugh time to practice u can play annie. Sad times.
Yeah :/ You said it right as it is
Enjutsu (EUNE)
: What makes you so sure that 1-2 day ban will incentivize people to change their behavior? Punishments already start soft with 2 chat restrictions, majority of the players don't go beyond those, but those who do tend to forget or ingore them. 1-2 day ban sounds weak, something players might decide to ignore. The reason old tribunal was closed was because it was slow, leaving a toxic player longer in the game means increasing the amount of toxicity.
Well the new system doesn't work either because for some reason I encounter toxic behaviour more frequently. I am flamed for exactly no reason or see others for no reason and this happens every single game. This system needs a change. This system is not doing anything to stop toxicity or even reduce it.
Ceberuz (EUW)
: Firstly, I didn't read a paragraph, I literally scrolled down and saw a wall of text, yet I saw Ghostcrawlers name followed by (This guy is a joke), at that point I already knew you had valid points.., this guy is a legend when it comes to butchering great games! My own PoV of why people leave now whether they are old or new to the game, is the rate of changes. 95+% of this games playerbase is casual players, of those I would think 85+% just want to login and play once they have the time to do so, and not spend hours on end week after week reading > learning changes. The current model of the game aims at the top 5% which is about as destructive to the foundation of the game as it can possibly get, and for some reason I can absolutely see Ghostcrawler having something to do with this (Not just because I absolute hate his guts), but it's a sign of a lead game designer not knowing his audience, which was the same case when Blizzard / Gc decided to change to the 4 different modes in raiding. Elaborating further, in Blizzards case the game was never a pick-up-and-go game, it only worked when you had goals to strive for which you almost always had before Ghostcrawler, after his changes you could reach whatever goals you had in 1 day and see everything the game had to offer (Unless there was some arbitrary time-delay on releases). In Riots case it's the opposite scenario, this game is a classic pick-up-and-go game, the only goal you can strive toward is a given mastery class on <insert champions>, or a given rank, both of which are more or less reset on a weekly basis under the current model of the game (Leaving out match making for the sake of argument). So if this game isn't catering to the 90-95 procentile, it won't have the cash-shop income it does, it won't have the pro-scene audience it does because people will find other sources of entertainment that doesn't require them to learn on a week-by-week basis, and ultimately it won't have a game (See World of Warcraft for reference, or just ask Ghostcrawler). It's almost never because a game gets "old", there will always be a natural cycle of players entering and leaving due to outside factors such as real life, but the moment developers start saying it's because people are leaving for real life without looking at their product through the eyes of their playerbase, they've completely lost touch with reality.
True. Sadly I didn't talk about him, but I am glad you did.
fifalegend (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=lFdOcXHY,comment-id=000200010001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-05T15:30:30.501+0000) > > Yes. Then I probably don't get the report feedbacks. Most of the people that were inting in my games said it but didn't get banned idk why.
I never got feedback from someone that was inting. Not even once in the past 5 years
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=lFdOcXHY,comment-id=000200010001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-05T15:30:30.501+0000) > > Yes. Then I probably don't get the report feedbacks. Most of the people that were inting in my games said it but didn't get banned idk why.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=lFdOcXHY,comment-id=0002000100010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-05T15:27:00.999+0000) > > Because everyone knows that trolling is much harder to detect, so those people would still undeservedly be playing the game on their mains if Riot were to delay the punishments. > Action -&gt; reaction. > > As for the numbers, we don&#x27;t know. But it must have been a significant enough portion, for Riot to take that decision. Even when they say ''%%%% you I'm Inting'' ?
fifalegend (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=lFdOcXHY,comment-id=0002000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-05T15:23:18.302+0000) > > Not everyone who gets banned returns. Depends on how much time and money they spent on the account
> [{quoted}](name=fifalegend,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=lFdOcXHY,comment-id=00020001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-05T15:25:39.984+0000) > > Depends on how much time and money they spent on the account But most of them do
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=lFdOcXHY,comment-id=0002000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-05T15:23:18.302+0000) > > Not everyone who gets banned returns. Depends on how much time and money they spent on the account
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=lFdOcXHY,comment-id=00020001000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-05T14:58:58.957+0000) > > It&#x27;s not supposed to solve the issue. It&#x27;s supposed to kick you out. And we all know that this won't happen. People are saying ''Damn this game is addicting''. This goes for the toxic players aswell. They like the game but they don't like the people in it. They won't quit for a good time.
: I heard this so often, but I didn't hear how it "failed". I'd be really interested in reading an article about that. I can't seem to find anything that answers this question properly, why "season mutes", "perma mutes" or "stacking mutes" failed completely. I only read "it failed" with maybe one argument: they didn't "learn" from their punishment. But why is it a bad thing? Why isn't keeping them muted until they learn a thing?
> [{quoted}](name=Aory,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=lFdOcXHY,comment-id=00020001000100000000,timestamp=2018-07-05T14:45:19.288+0000) > > I heard this so often, but I didn&#x27;t hear how it &quot;failed&quot;. I&#x27;d be really interested in reading an article about that. I can&#x27;t seem to find anything that answers this question properly, why &quot;season mutes&quot;, &quot;perma mutes&quot; or &quot;stacking mutes&quot; failed completely. I only read &quot;it failed&quot; with maybe one argument: they didn&#x27;t &quot;learn&quot; from their punishment. But why is it a bad thing? Why isn&#x27;t keeping them muted until they learn a thing? I personally got chat restricted 2 years ago and it worked out for me. I haven't insulted anyone since then. I am also curious at why did it fail to punish others and why did I take it more seriously. But I can see at why this is not the best solution. Even after that I still don't think the perma ban is a solution
: I won't even get into your other points since I disagree with everything, and I feel that giving you a proper counter argument would take me an hour or so. One thing got me thinking tho, so I'll ask you a question if you don't mind taking the time to think + answer it. We're going to talk about the runes. * #Runes This will be a homework-style task, that I have the answer for, I expect an answer from you too. My champion of choice will be Udyr, since I play him since Season 2 and I feel that I know him very well. Here it goes : You have THREE situations. Varying team compositions. You chose Udyr. Your task will be to present me 1-1 rune build for each team composition - one being the old setup the second being the new setup - that in your opinion would fit the best in the following examples : a.) Mundo top / Zac jungle / Swain mid / Alistar support / Ashe marksman b.) Darius top / Kha'zix jungle / Lux mid / Soraka support / Twitch marksman c.) Riven top / Master Yi jungle / Leblanc mid / Brand support / Kai'sa marksman Your choices of runes are : 1. Old ones ( use the following layout for a set-up ) - Mark + Seal + Glyph + Quint - as in Dmg + Def + Dmg + Dmg out of the "DMG/DEF/UTI - as in Utility (think movespeed/gold gen. etc.) ". We'll take penetration and flat or scaling AD/AP into the same DMG category. 2. New ones - ( use the following layout for a set-up ) - Group + Group ( Sor + Dom for example - first being the main ) and present me with a rune tree that you see best fit for my examples. Claiming something doesn't magically make it a fact. After solving the problem that I presented, you will get to the conclusion that your claim is false, and indeed the New Season 8 Runes offer more fine-tuning options when it comes to counterpicks. Good luck, hope the problem won't be too hard for you !
> [{quoted}](name=The Lane Police,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=lFdOcXHY,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-07-05T14:36:44.372+0000) > > I won&#x27;t even get into your other points since I disagree with everything, and I feel that giving you a proper counter argument would take me an hour or so. > > One thing got me thinking tho, so I&#x27;ll ask you a question if you don&#x27;t mind taking the time to think + answer it. > > We&#x27;re going to talk about the runes. > > * #Runes > > This will be a homework-style task, that I have the answer for, I expect an answer from you too. My champion of choice will be Udyr, since I play him since Season 2 and I feel that I know him very well. Here it goes : > > You have THREE situations. Varying team compositions. You chose Udyr. Your task will be to present me 1-1 rune build for each team composition - one being the old setup the second being the new setup - that in your opinion would fit the best in the following examples : > > a.) Mundo top / Zac jungle / Swain mid / Alistar support / Ashe marksman > > b.) Darius top / Kha&#x27;zix jungle / Lux mid / Soraka support / Twitch marksman > > c.) Riven top / Master Yi jungle / Leblanc mid / Brand support / Kai&#x27;sa marksman > > Your choices of runes are : > > 1. Old ones ( use the following layout for a set-up ) - Mark + Seal + Glyph + Quint - as in Dmg + Def + Dmg + Dmg out of the &quot;DMG/DEF/UTI - as in Utility (think movespeed/gold gen. etc.) &quot;. We&#x27;ll take penetration and flat or scaling AD/AP into the same DMG category. > > 2. New ones - ( use the following layout for a set-up ) - Group + Group ( Sor + Dom for example - first being the main ) and present me with a rune tree that you see best fit for my examples. > > Claiming something doesn&#x27;t magically make it a fact. After solving the problem that I presented, you will get to the conclusion that your claim is false, and indeed the New Season 8 Runes offer more fine-tuning options when it comes to counterpicks. > > Good luck, hope the problem won&#x27;t be too hard for you ! The new runes are pretty much the masteries from the previous season,but with less options. And they weren't as effective as the new ones but you had more choices. I do agree that the old runes were pointless but my point is different. I was not talking about which ones are more useful because the new ones obv win but you have less variety.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=lFdOcXHY,comment-id=0002000100010000,timestamp=2018-07-05T14:40:55.688+0000) > > Lol, people go full bonkers if they feel they don&#x27;t gain enough BE or key fragments - and you think this would make them less toxic? Yeah, no. > > There are several reasons as to why season mutes aren&#x27;t implemented - they were already tested, and failed horribly, in S4. That would work on someone like me lol. Not everybody thinks the same and feels about certain things the same way. I also still don't understand how banning the accounts is the way to go.
: I don't think that bans will help in terms of toxicity. It's so easy to make a new account and start anew, but having restrictions in how to communicate with others has a more frustrating impact. The only people REALLY affected from a ban are those who spent a lot of money for skins etc. They still tend to just make a new account and pay more money.
> [{quoted}](name=Aory,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=lFdOcXHY,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-07-05T14:35:47.117+0000) > > I don&#x27;t think that bans will help in terms of toxicity. It&#x27;s so easy to make a new account and start anew, but having restrictions in how to communicate with others has a more frustrating impact. The only people REALLY affected from a ban are those who spent a lot of money for skins etc. They still tend to just make a new account and pay more money. exactly my point
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=lFdOcXHY,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2018-07-05T14:38:29.776+0000) > > Because toxicity has multiple causes, some of them due to immaturity. Saying a blacklisted word is peak immaturity. The rest gives you a bit more leeway, simply because humans are not perfect, and the occasional nosedive into illogical behaviour. > But, being human also comes with responsibilities, like, you know, behaving in the game like you behave in society. Thosr who can&#x27;t are the ones who get punished, exactly like those who get shunned for displaying similar behaviour in society. ''Saying a blacklisted word is peak immaturity.'' I understand that BUT that's not the way to deal with it. Getting the account perma banned will not solve the issue.
: Think of it, you get banned when you say a specific blacklisted word but toxicity is still a thing nevertheless. Does that mean Riot's punishment system is good? I doubt that.
> [{quoted}](name=Aory,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=lFdOcXHY,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-07-05T14:33:42.422+0000) > > Think of it, you get banned when you say a specific blacklisted word but toxicity is still a thing nevertheless. > Does that mean Riot&#x27;s punishment system is good? I doubt that. When someone is being toxic and gets his account 14 day ban and then perma ban he will most likely buy new one and continue the same way. I suggested season mute , to deny the rewards or give him less BE. Just something to MAKE him less toxic
Enjutsu (EUNE)
: > Punishment system- Riot have THE WORST punishment system. Their system is basically ''you say one of our blacklisted words and you are banned''. It's not that simple, considcering how you mentioned the toxicity being such a big deal i find this complaint contradictory. Are you expecting that the worst kind of community can be made better by doing nothing?
> [{quoted}](name=Enjutsu,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=lFdOcXHY,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-07-05T14:30:25.494+0000) > > It&#x27;s not that simple, considcering how you mentioned the toxicity being such a big deal i find this complaint contradictory I also said that the punishment shouldn't be as harsh as 14 to perma ban. The community is toxic only because they don't know the proper way to deal with it.
Rioter Comments
Rismosch (EUW)
: What do you mean not one person cannot carry a game? I see plenty of people every day who solo carry. OP himself said he encountered a Fiora who carried a game.
CPT Zed (EUW)
: CLIENT
I had my client crashing like 3 or 4 times so far. I tried everything but It just didn't let me in the game. (I had played few games before so the crash was %%%%ing random). I messaged Riot and they said ''Well sorry about that but we don't give a shit that you got 20 min low priority queue because our gay ass client sucks''. I didn't like the client when It got released. I don't like it till this day. I never had such issues with the old client and I hated the fact that they forced us to use this piece of shit.
CJXander (EUNE)
: I want to lose games out of my own incompetence!
This is also why most of the players left. The game got so much teambased that the higher you climb the harder it is to carry. 1 player can LOOSE you the game but 1 player CANNOT carry the game by himself. This is also why I rarely even play this game anymore
WøOxer (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Thaaboom,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=sZwqqo7X,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2018-06-27T21:16:06.247+0000) > > if you think that 1/10 trynda game is not a troll build then you should be doing other stuff than league. > that build plus that score, its an obvious troll and should be getting a big ban.. > but hey, better ban the guy that calls the trynda an &#x27;&#x27;id!iot&#x27;&#x27; that game instead. Lol he wont get banned for one game {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
but that't the right move... If you call someone %%%%%%ed ONCE , you will get banned no matter what. The same punishment has to go with the guy that was inting.
: no such thing as troll build ok(to a certain extent). i dont see anything wrong here. just a bad player.
You should be hired as a Riot emplee. You think the same way as them.

fifalegend

Level 64 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion