Noezholio (EUW)
: well you asked if its punishable and i gave the explanation why. And in whicch way you misbehaved and also what the problem si in your own way of putting those things. And this is the very problem here. You don't need to defend yourself. You might want to think about those thingss others tell you because by chance someone might actually be right but you don't have to take this for granted and can jsut go on without talking back. You don't need to show how superior you are by basially saying "lol look i'm better, you are an idiot, shut up." If you are better then be better. Not only in the game but as a person. Let your actions speak for themselves. And to the part of an argument: It is indeed true hat having an argument is a natural thing. Its just stupid in any situation. You see, when you are talking with someone who disagrees with your opinion both of you state your opinion, both of you give their arguments and as long as both sides stay calm, friendly and try to understand each other in the end either one side convinces the other of their opinion or both sides walk away keeping their own views but having gained the isnight ad knowledge of the other side. That is a good way of an argument you can do that here no problem with that. What you did in those games wasn't that kind though. You guys had an argument in the styyle where you just scream at each others like mad peope, noone wants to back up, you just want to win, no one wants to understand its just mindless throwing of accusations. And thats the kind of argument that leads nowhere. In the end everyone just screams at each other and both sides not only made themselves look like idiots, they also leave very frustrated. Do you see where this style of an argument is wrong? Especially during a game? And lastly the part ot in the game. Now i absolutely don't mind you telling them they are being toxic, aren't really helping and whatsoever, afterall i would be quite the hypocrite if i did, i am doing the same to you right now. But i try to do it calmly and ina place where its appropriate. You can't do this kind of thing in a game. Not only is everyone way to busy trying to play the game which means they can't think about it or respond properly, due to this busy situation people are also a lot more defensive which happens to be not a good combination. And yes, arguing in a game is basically treated as a crime in any game. Do you know what happens to football players when they argue extensively during a game? They are getting a penalty in form of a yellow card because they are a hindrance to the game at that time. And so did you know with that chat restriction. Its a warning that your behaviour isn't helping and a hindrance to the performance of you and your team.
You called me butthurt animal and said im rubbing my balls of the others face to show dominance. Its already way more insulting than calling someone toxic or kid... Never have i said "lol look i'm better, you are an idiot, shut up". The closest to it was "at least i dont have 12 deaths". Saying this is bannable? In football they whisper to each other way way way worse things when noones looking. Yellow card is for arguing with referee or almost beating with each other not for calling someone kid or even fu**er. I dont feel like repeating my other arguments cause i've already written plenty in other comments so i hope you got my point which is "its stupid to punish for calling someone kid or toxic as its not punished anywhere else be it game or real world".
Fajerk (EUW)
: > Putting smile is as bad as calling someones mother a wh**e? OKAY. And this whole passive aggression is some kind of joke. No other place punishes for something like that. > At no point i started any argument. All i did was calling people toxic and kids and i do it ONLY when they go really hard at me. Whether it encourages something is not my problem, i just want them to know that they are toxic. > Maybe, but i dont really care about them. It can make them happy, angry, whatever. You see this is exactly why you got punished, that is unacceptable behaviour. As I said provoking others flame is as bad as flaming yourself, you keep talking about context, which does not matter. _It does not matter whenever you start it or just make an answer._ If you want to let people know they are toxic, well report them. They will know soon enough. And if you say "nobody else would care about that", then surprise Riot is a leading company in game industry regarding player behaviour, you will see it here first. Being "diplomatic" or trying to insult someone without directly stating the insult is not appreciated, nor tolerated. Also just _"All i did was calling people toxic and kids"_ is enough to get punished on it's own, given it happens in several games.
> [{quoted}](name=Fajerk,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=g9Umt5FG,comment-id=000000000002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-07-29T13:00:20.452+0000) > > You see this is exactly why you got punished, that is unacceptable behaviour. As I said provoking others flame is as bad as flaming yourself, you keep talking about context, which does not matter. _It does not matter whenever you start it or just make an answer._ > Okay so in League of Legends behaviour that isnt punished anywhere else is unacceptable and bannable. Fair enough. > If you want to let people know they are toxic, well report them. They will know soon enough. > > And if you say "nobody else would care about that", then surprise Riot is a leading company in game industry regarding player behaviour, you will see it here first. Being "diplomatic" or trying to insult someone without directly stating the insult is not appreciated, nor tolerated. > Ye, and yet League of Legends is considered game with most toxic community. Maybe it's beacuse Riot focuses on banning something like this instead of focusing on people who actually curse and troll games? > Also just _"All i did was calling people toxic and kids"_ is enough to get punished on it's own, given it happens in several games. And in my opinion it's overkill. Nowhere else something like this is punished except in that game that is most toxic.
: Arguing with people like you is the worse, you keep trying to find excuses after excuses just to justify that what you did wasn't in the wrong Sure toxic has an informal and formal meaning, but when you call someone toxic, you're not just calling them half of the word, you're calling them the whole package, even if that's not your intent they take it all, not half Here's an analogy for you : If you call a girl "soft" and you don't tell her which deffinition you mean, why would she obviously think you mean she's cute instead of thinking you mean she's a weak and feable girl ? It's the same think Now let me explain it to you in simpler terms why calling someone toxic is an insult Toxic is used as a derogatory term derogatory : showing a critical or **disrespectful** attitude (source : Google dictionary) insult : a **disrespectful** or scornfully abusive remark or act. (source : Google dictionary) (note : the synonyms quoted in the previous comments are also from Google dictionary) Now do you see the link between those two deffinitions And if you can't see the link here's the definition of "derogatory term" that urban dictionary gives : "it means terms that are used to insult someone" If you start using derogatory words against someone, you're insulting them, there's no going "oh no but that word has a nice deffinition so it's ok", it's not, it's derogatory, it's an insult If you start insulting people, you deserve that chat restriction, and guess what, if you stay in denial all that time you're gonna get another chat restriction after that one, and then a 2 week ban, and then a perma ban Just accept the fact that using derogatory terms against someone (even if your goal isn't to insult them) is insulting > Calling someone toxic is toxic Next time just don't call people toxic, you just want to argue with everyone for the sake of arguing, look at all those comments where you're just going like "i'm right you're wrong" and you do that in game too, that's basically the only reason you got chat restricted Just open your eyes a little man, you're not perfect and you deserved that punishment with that said : **Goodbye**
> [{quoted}](name=shamshamm,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=g9Umt5FG,comment-id=00000000000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-07-29T12:59:45.085+0000) > > Arguing with people like you is the worse, you keep trying to find excuses after excuses just to justify that what you did wasn't in the wrong Why? Because i provide arguments and you fail to answer them? These are no excuses, these are arguments and you cant stand it can you? > > Sure toxic has an informal and formal meaning, but when you call someone toxic, you're not just calling them half of the word, you're calling them the whole package, even if that's not your intent they take it all, not half > It's just not true. You use words and they have different meaning in different context. Here, he was cursing and flaming so i called him toxic which means i meant informal meaning from dictionaries i provided earlier. > Here's an analogy for you : > > If you call a girl "soft" and you don't tell her which deffinition you mean, why would she obviously think you mean she's cute instead of thinking you mean she's a weak and feable girl ? It's the same think > But here there is no context, no interaction. I didnt call him toxic at the start of the game, i called him toxic after he started cursing, so again CONTEXT IS IMPORTANT and yes it changes meaning of the word, it does not come with "whole package". Here is something you may be surprised about: same words can have different meanings in different situations. It's obvious i didnt mean toxic as a poison but toxic as a word to describe person who is harmful isnt it? > Now let me explain it to you in simpler terms why calling someone toxic is an insult > > Toxic is used as a derogatory term Where is it stated? Because none of these THREE dictionary states that it is straight up insult. It is word to describe people behaviour like mean, unpolite and so on. > > derogatory : showing a critical or **disrespectful** attitude (source : Google dictionary) > > insult : a **disrespectful** or scornfully abusive remark or act. (source : Google dictionary) > (note : the synonyms quoted in the previous comments are also from Google dictionary) > > Now do you see the link between those two deffinitions > By google dictionary: Toxic adjective 1. of, pertaining to, affected with, or caused by a toxin or poison: a toxic condition. 2. acting as or having the effect of a poison; poisonous: a toxic drug. 3. causing unpleasant feelings; harmful or malicious: a toxic boyfriend; toxic criticism. 4. pertaining to or noting debt that will probably not be repaid: toxic mortgages. 5. pertaining to or noting a financial instrument or other asset that has no value or an unknown value because there is no market for it: toxic mortgage-backed securities. It is clear i used 3rd meaning and its 3rd dictionary that confirms that it is NOWHERE NEAR word "trash" like you said at the beginning of our discussion. He caused unpleasant feelings and was harmful so what's wrong with this word, how is it worse than "mean"? And none of the definitions are close to "trash". Will you agree or you still consider this word as bad as trash even though it's 3rd dictionary that says otherwise? > And if you can't see the link here's the definition of "derogatory term" that urban dictionary gives : > "it means terms that are used to insult someone" > > If you start using derogatory words against someone, you're insulting them, there's no going "oh no but that word has a nice deffinition so it's ok", it's not, it's derogatory, it's an insult What? I use words and i mean what these words mean. Why people like you try to change the meaning of these words? I've already said toxic is meant to describe people who flame, especially here in League of Legends, THREE definitions CONFIRMED it and yet you still wont admit it and try to go around and proof that it has different meaning when it hasnt. > If you start insulting people, you deserve that chat restriction, and guess what, if you stay in denial all that time you're gonna get another chat restriction after that one, and then a 2 week ban, and then a perma ban > You are in denial when it comes to reading my posts aren you? My point is its not a bad thing to say "toxic" and it isnt punishable ANYWHERE. I've already said i'll stop using chat as it seems it's worse than social media when it comes to people getting offended. > Just accept the fact that using derogatory terms against someone (even if your goal isn't to insult them) is insulting > > Next time just don't call people toxic, you just want to argue with everyone for the sake of arguing, look at all those comments where you're just going like "i'm right you're wrong" and you do that in game too, that's basically the only reason you got chat restricted > > Just open your eyes a little man, you're not perfect and you deserved that punishment > Just admit that "toxic" is not even close to "trash" like you said at the beginning. You said something that is not right but you cant admit it can you? Im not claiming im perfect, nothing what i said indicates it. Im just saying that "toxic" or "kid" are not bad words and arent punished ANYWHERE, be it real world or other games and its silly to do it in GAME. > with that said : **Goodbye** *Goodbye*
: > Im being punished for something that isnt punished anywhere else Yup, and the chat restriction is pretty light; it's meant to tell you "your behaviour isn't accepted, please refrain from acting so or we'll be forced to _go heavier_". This is a game for you, but for the company running it it's actually business. It's in their interest to keep the "game" as fresh and clean as possible to make it appealing for as a wide target as it can get. > I can write pretty fast and one chat "wall" from one game would take me about a minute to write A "minute" during which you're shifting your focus from the game to something else; this is not a behaviour remark but, personal feedlord experience, everyonce you lose focus in the game you lose an opportunity to stay in it, meaning you lose map awareness mostly and fall behind more and more in the momentum shift. Just saying it's easier to lose a game when typing that much
> [{quoted}](name=Juseki,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=g9Umt5FG,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2017-07-29T12:18:26.702+0000) > > Yup, and the chat restriction is pretty light; it's meant to tell you "your behaviour isn't accepted, please refrain from acting so or we'll be forced to _go heavier_". > This is a game for you, but for the company running it it's actually business. > It's in their interest to keep the "game" as fresh and clean as possible to make it appealing for as a wide target as it can get. And thats my point. Its not good and its not keeping "fresh and clean". Its a game. You dont forbid cursing in bars you shouldnt forbid talking like i did in game as its allowed in EVERY other game i have heard of. I know its business but other games allow much worse things and here you are not allowed to say "toxic" or "kid". > > A "minute" during which you're shifting your focus from the game to something else; this is not a behaviour remark but, personal feedlord experience, everyonce you lose focus in the game you lose an opportunity to stay in it, meaning you lose map awareness mostly and fall behind more and more in the momentum shift. > I agree. But its not that much of an impact when you write when you are dead or backing to lane. > Just saying it's easier to lose a game when typing that much Again, I agree. But how using chat is punishable?
: It's all nice just taking half of a words meaning and acting like that's all it means, it also means : > virulent, noxious, destructive, harmful etc And even if you only take the "nice" parts of the definition, "toxic" is a derogatory term, it's intended to be a harmfull/offensive word I won't say any more, you're obviously in denial because you refuse to accept that you were deserving of the punishement rito gave you
> [{quoted}](name=shamshamm,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=g9Umt5FG,comment-id=000000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-07-29T11:46:19.317+0000) > > It's all nice just taking half of a words meaning and acting like that's all it means, it also means First of all no i don't, why are you lying? I put here WHOLE informal meaning (which we talk about, cause formal is about poisons) from cambridge dictionary and first two definitions from urban dictionary. Secondly what source are you using here? "virulent, noxious, destructive, harmful etc ". It seems its about literal meaning (poison) not informal meaning we are using here, but still which of these words are considered even close to "trash"? Its close to mean and dont tell me otherwise cause i just provided you with definition from two sources and yet you still claim it has different meaning. You just try so hard to make it look your way, when every definition even yours is against you.
: There's really nothing **TOO** obnoxious, but your poor attitude keeps showing off over and over again. Avoid callin people "kiddo", seems quite a tantrum in your logs. Plus, once you see chat logs of that lenght, you know people aren't really playing the game but going on a keyboard war {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
I said it somewhere but i'll repeat. I can write pretty fast and one chat "wall" from one game would take me about a minute to write. A minute where you are recalling/dead/backing to lane. This is more than enough isnt it? See, even you admitted its not too obnoxious, my point is exactly that. Im being punished for something that isnt punished anywhere else and its just a game, so you expect rules similar to real world/other games when it comes to using language.
Wen294 (EUW)
: It's no straight out cursing but you are toxic. A ban well deserved honestly. You're basically just trash-talking your teammates all 3 games. And from what you say you probably do this kinda stuff in nearly every game. Just how is that sportsmanslike conduct?
I said it above but i'll repeat. I call people kids/toxic ONLY when they go really hard at me. When someone calls me noob or something i ignore it but when im constantly criticized i'll answer. My whole point of this post is why calling someone toxic or kid is punishable as its not punishable anywhere "as this is JUST a game it should have laws and rules similar to other places/games when it comes to talking shouldnt it? It's not some special kind of place it;s a game and you should expect people to behave like everywhere. And everywhere is acceptable to call someone kid or mean or toxic or being ironic but not to go as far as calling someones parents names." "Probably do this kinda stuff in nearly every game." Answer people? Cause i didnt start ANY argument, neither did i call someone names. All i did was stating facts "u lost turret on 14 min" is fact and answer to someone flaming me. It's not saying he lost game or whatever, its stating fact.
Fajerk (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=ujdaz,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=g9Umt5FG,comment-id=000000000002000000000000,timestamp=2017-07-28T22:45:08.915+0000) > > Could adult person say someone is mean? Probably. Should they do it? No, rather not. Is it punishable in any way anywhere? Nope, as it is not an actual offence by any laws. > You got the point here, even though i still don't consider my behaviour as anywhere near punishable. (Again where would something like this get punished?) Laws are decided by many ways. Riot games has ToS which are legal agreement between them and each entity using the game. What is stated there is the law within the game and can extend further as is written there. (Side-note: In Europe Riot operates from Ireland under Irish law). > Of course it matters how big it is. Not here. Not really unless it is too big, but that's rather of sort "punishable" and "instantly permabanable" discussion. > How convenient. And how can we check whether majority of players considers something punishable? By few reports from frustrated children who lost game and report everyone in their team? If you get warning or punishment then what you are doing is considered offensive majority and you should stop doing that. Also please note just report does nothing if there is no evidence found, if someone reports everybody every game his reports will be completely ignored by the system as spam. Also please note majority of your chat is about how toxic somebody else or you are arguing about missplays. Neither of that is appreciated, useful or positive in any way. > ujdaz: i dont troll and i dont curse ujdaz: i dont insult him though ujdaz: he was talking about my mother like typical kiddo ujdaz: see even he admits i didnt insult him ujdaz: whereas he does it all the time ujdaz: keep flaming plz ujdaz: i hope rito bans you ujdaz: we have toxic team at least like typical league of legends team when it comes to loosing ujdaz: i dont troll ujdaz: and u are toxic af You literally said "keep flaming plz", you are just encouraging negative behaviour? Why? Why would you do that? Are you masochist or something? Definitely punishable. > ujdaz: u had 35 min to carry luci ujdaz: why dont carry? ujdaz: at least no 12 deaths ujdaz: like you ujdaz: im not trolling ujdaz: u could have ended Here you are straight blaming your team in passive-aggressive form. There is no reason why you would ask your teammate "why dont carry" other than to provoke him and then you are implying that someone else is trolling and point out possible mistakes that cannot be changed atm anyway. Just negative, pointless chat, only provoking more toxicity. > ujdaz: i hit everything ujdaz: what combos ujdaz: i did all ujdaz: reported ujdaz: me for? ujdaz: kid braum Are you again trying to discuss some play here? Why would you do it. And again it's impolite to call people kid, it does not matter what word you use, be it noob, greenhorn or kid it is considered offensive. > ujdaz: u lost turret ujdaz: on ur lane ujdaz: in 14 min Blaming, again. > ujdaz: i used it ujdaz: properly ujdaz: yes ujdaz: go rewatch Again you want to argue about some play? That's just negative spam man, nobody is interested. >ujdaz: not gonna argue with you kiddo ujdaz: just report you ujdaz: for toxic ujdaz: you are toxic as fk :) ujdaz: u said about my mother ujdaz: typical kiddo ujdaz: u blame me ujdaz: all the time ujdaz: even tho im 0/2 Not gonna argue - keeps arguing. This is the type of stuff you should write into report, not in game. Negative behaviour encourages more negative behaviour, you are just encouraging people to be toxic, and you have no reason to do that. > ujdaz: braum is toxic af flames me all time and now says to report me xd ujdaz: learn from blitz ujdaz: than talk ujdaz: :) "definitely not negative" - said no one ever. You see this is perfect example of passive aggression, learn from XX, and yeah nice smile at the end to add more fuel. Are you really complaining about bad and toxic people insulting you? You are encouraging them to do it. That ain't good man that is as negative as what they do. > ujdaz: nah ujdaz: you lost ujdaz: :) ujdaz: kid ujdaz: flamer ujdaz: xd Refer to text above. Same stuff. >ujdaz: see this guy ujdaz: just report him ujdaz: u too ujdaz: and flame ujdaz: sad ujdaz: see? ujdaz: why me though? Why you? Because you are encouraging it. >ujdaz: we have toxic team at least like typical league of legends team when it comes to loosing ujdaz: i dont troll ujdaz: and u are toxic af At this point I can say you want people to be toxic, you are actually making them being toxic! Not very positive. What you are doing is being fuel for other people to burn with flame, sure they can start on their own but you just make it grow bigger. If you don't have anything positive or useful to say, better don't say anything. Trying to extinguish fire with petrol does not work, it makes things worse.
> [{quoted}](name=Fajerk,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=g9Umt5FG,comment-id=0000000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2017-07-28T23:29:11.102+0000) > > Not here. Not really unless it is too big, but that's rather of sort "punishable" and "instantly permabanable" discussion. > Than it should be changed as punishing for no matter what you do the same way is simply wrong by any means. > Also please note majority of your chat is about how toxic somebody else or you are arguing about missplays. Neither of that is appreciated, useful or positive in any way. Majority of my chat is defending myself from report calls and insults from others. > You literally said "keep flaming plz", you are just encouraging negative behaviour? Why? Why would you do that? Are you masochist or something? Definitely punishable. It's irony, never heard of it? > ujdaz: why dont carry? > ujdaz: at least no 12 deaths > ujdaz: like you > ujdaz: im not trolling > ujdaz: u could have ended > > Here you are straight blaming your team in passive-aggressive form. There is no reason why you would ask your teammate "why dont carry" other than to provoke him and then you are implying that someone else is trolling and point out possible mistakes that cannot be changed atm anyway. Just negative, pointless chat, only provoking more toxicity. IMPLYING THAT SOMEONE ELSE IS TROLLING? Its answer "at least no 12 deaths" is answer to someone flaming me and blaming for defeat. Then "Im not trolling" is again DEFENDING myself from these report calls simply because i didnt well that game. > ujdaz: i hit everything > ujdaz: what combos > ujdaz: i did all > ujdaz: reported > ujdaz: me for? > ujdaz: kid braum > > Are you again trying to discuss some play here? Why would you do it. And again it's impolite to call people kid, it does not matter what word you use, be it noob, greenhorn or kid it is considered offensive. He said i dont know champion combos and called me noob, i answered "i hit everything" meaning i hit my spells... Chat isnt even place to discuss hitting or missing spells now? Then he starts calling me names so i said "reported". Later im hearing that im reported and my answer is "me for?" Called him kid cause it's childish to report people for failing, and flaming them whole game. > ujdaz: u lost turret > ujdaz: on ur lane > ujdaz: in 14 min > > Blaming, again. Stating facts. Without calling names. > ujdaz: properly > ujdaz: yes > ujdaz: go rewatch > > Again you want to argue about some play? That's just negative spam man, nobody is interested. Are you serious? I said i hit my q and the guy was denying it. Again pure discussion about game nothing bad here? Especially when it was AGAIN ANSWER to someone. I just said i hit my q and you call it reportable behaviour? > ujdaz: just report you > ujdaz: for toxic > ujdaz: you are toxic as fk :) > ujdaz: u said about my mother > ujdaz: typical kiddo > ujdaz: u blame me > ujdaz: all the time > ujdaz: even tho im 0/2 > > Not gonna argue - keeps arguing. This is the type of stuff you should write into report, not in game. Negative behaviour encourages more negative behaviour, you are just encouraging people to be toxic, and you have no reason to do that. > ujdaz: learn from blitz > ujdaz: than talk > ujdaz: :) > > "definitely not negative" - said no one ever. You see this is perfect example of passive aggression, learn from XX, and yeah nice smile at the end to add more fuel. Are you really complaining about bad and toxic people insulting you? You are encouraging them to do it. That ain't good man that is as negative as what they do. Putting smile is as bad as calling someones mother a wh**e? OKAY. And this whole passive aggression is some kind of joke. No other place punishes for something like that, it's a game that is played by normal people you cant expect that everyone will be super nice 100% of the time like you dont expect people in bar to watch their language. Comparing this to actual insult is not right. > ujdaz: you lost > ujdaz: :) > ujdaz: kid > ujdaz: flamer > ujdaz: xd > > Refer to text above. Same stuff. > ujdaz: just report him > ujdaz: u too > ujdaz: and flame > ujdaz: sad > ujdaz: see? > ujdaz: why me though? > > Why you? Because you are encouraging it. > ujdaz: i dont troll > ujdaz: and u are toxic af > > At this point I can say you want people to be toxic, you are actually making them being toxic! Not very positive. > > What you are doing is being fuel for other people to burn with flame, sure they can start on their own but you just make it grow bigger. At no point i started any argument. All i did was calling people toxic and kids and i do it ONLY when they go really hard at me. Whether it encourages something is not my problem, i just want them to know that they are toxic. Obviously stating that is some kind of ultimate sin in this game and absolutely bannable. Furthermore you didnt say where something like this is punishable and as this is JUST a game it should have laws and rules similar to other places/games when it comes to talking shouldnt it? It's not some special kind of place it;s a game and you should expect people to behave like everywhere. And everywhere is acceptable to call someone kid or mean or toxic or being ironic but not to go as far as calling someones parents names. > > If you don't have anything positive or useful to say, better don't say anything. Trying to extinguish fire with petrol does not work, it makes things worse. Maybe, but i dont really care about them. It can make them happy, angry, whatever. It's not about putting the fire off, it's about telling someone that they started fire and i will call firefighters after the game :)
: Listen mate, you're obviously not a native English speaker so you might have forgotten what toxic actually means, take a moment to google what it actually means, hell i'm not even sure you actually know the deffinition of "insult" It's on the same level as calling someone trash, and if you think calling someone trash isn't an insult then you're most likely nothing close to being a good person Hopefully you'll realise that calling someone "toxic" is actually an insult doh Peace, i'm out
It seems that actually you have trouble with understanding this word. Here is definition from Cambridge dictionary: "informal very unpleasant or unacceptable ​ informal causing you a lot of harm and unhappiness over a long period of time: toxic parents a toxic relationship" Here is definition from urban dictionary: "Used to describe a person who is tainted by a subconscious malevolence or psychosis that affects the lifes of those who come into contact with them. "Toxic-Mum" A mother that brings nothing but grief to the mental health of her children." And second one: "Toxic is a group of people who are rude and can't be nice. They are not true to people around them. They need an attitude check. Their personalities are so unappealing its make the people around them suffer and turn rude as well. Beware of toxics! " It's nowhere close to "trash" so please educate yourself before trying educate others... It's same insult as calling someone mean NOT trash
Noezholio (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=ujdaz,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=g9Umt5FG,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-07-28T20:20:41.417+0000) >) but come on its a game for ppl not for saint priests.... maybe you should start behaving like a person then and not like a butthurt animal who tries to rub its balls of ther others face to show dominance. > [{quoted}](name=ujdaz,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=g9Umt5FG,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-07-28T20:20:41.417+0000) >) Except we are counting saying someone lost lane or has bad cs as "bad" things and absolutelty punishable. Yes, we are counting exactly that. also the way of arguing with people. See, the chat is a mighty tool, we can communicate and tell others whats going on. The second you start blaming others though or saying how bad they are doing you are not using it in a productive way for the very reason you can read in your posted chatlogs. People get butthurt, start arguing, the gameplay starts to suffer everything jsut goes downhill. Not really something you want in a game so yes thats indeed something bannable. You don't have to defend yourself, stop being this offended being just mute them or simply accept that they are idiots and move on. You know, the thing a decent human being would do. As you said its a game for people.
> [{quoted}](name=Noezholio,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=g9Umt5FG,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-07-28T22:35:42.150+0000) > > maybe you should start behaving like a person then and not like a butthurt animal who tries to rub its balls of ther others face to show dominance. > Calling someone toxic is behaving like butthurt animal? Tell me then, when you write this and claim that i behave like this, arent you behaving the same way as well? After all i just said that they misbehave (are toxic and childish). If that's rubbing my balls and showing dominance, then you have some serious issues with world perception. > Yes, we are counting exactly that. also the way of arguing with people. Argument is natural thing. It's just sort of discussion and is not punishable ANYWHERE as long as you watch your language. > See, the chat is a mighty tool, we can communicate and tell others whats going on. The second you start blaming others though or saying how bad they are doing you are not using it in a productive way for the very reason you can read in your posted chatlogs. People get butthurt, start arguing, the gameplay starts to suffer everything jsut goes downhill. > Not really something you want in a game so yes thats indeed something bannable. > > You don't have to defend yourself, stop being this offended being just mute them or simply accept that they are idiots and move on. You know, the thing a decent human being would do. As you said its a game for people. Of course i dont HAVE TO. But am i allowed to call someone toxic or is it a crime? That's my point here.
Fajerk (EUW)
: Could be adult person being offended by kid? Probably. Would they care? Not really. Would already toxic person be offended by being called toxic? Nah. Would they care? Hell yeah they will love it. Should you call toxic people toxic? No, not while in game with them. What you should do is to ignore and report them. Also by default you shouldn't be negative toward other people, even if they are negative toward, if you do not want to be friendly stay neutral, it's fine enough. Now why should get someone punished for "minor" offence? Probably because there are not really "tiers" to it, it does not matter how big it is. Only thing that is different for "minor" is that it can be overlook if it isn't frequent. > ToS http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/legal/termsofuse 5.Code of conduct _5.1. Can I troll, flame, threaten or harass people while using the Riot Services? (No. If you do, you might get banned.)_ ##The following are examples of behavior that warrant disciplinary measures: V. Transmitting or communicating any content which is deemed offensive, including language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, or racially, ethically, or otherwise objectionable; If you say something that person deems offensive and majority agrees upon it then it is punishable. If you like to call people Kid but majority of players in game find it offensive you get punished for it no matter what you mean by it. (Try to call people teammate, that offends only minority.) Also if you want to use in game chat do it to discuss important things, like team strategy, what objective priorities there are, what win conditions you have etc. Don't use it to discuss performance of other players, or their behaviour. In addition please realise the chat is not place to "report" people, it is actually offensive to call out reports in game, also it does nothing as it does not matter how much reports person gets in single game, if you report him or 9 people report him makes no difference. And even better would be if you keep those things for Riot, write it down in the chat box while reporting, it is optional but actually it matters way more than empty report, and yes modern machines can read.
> [{quoted}](name=Fajerk,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=g9Umt5FG,comment-id=00000000000200000000,timestamp=2017-07-28T22:15:45.050+0000) > > Could be adult person being offended by kid? Probably. Would they care? Not really. > > Would already toxic person be offended by being called toxic? Nah. Would they care? Hell yeah they will love it. > > Should you call toxic people toxic? No, not while in game with them. What you should do is to ignore and report them. > Could adult person say someone is mean? Probably. Should they do it? No, rather not. Is it punishable in any way anywhere? Nope, as it is not an actual offence by any laws. > Also by default you should be negative toward other people, even if they are negative toward, if you do not want to be friendly stay neutral, it's fine enough. > You got the point here, even though i still don't consider my behaviour as anywhere near punishable. (Again where would something like this get punished?) > Now why should get someone punished for "minor" offence? Probably because there are not really "tiers" to it, it does not matter how big it is. Only thing that is different for "minor" is that it can be overlook if it isn't frequent. Of course it matters how big it is. There is punishment for thievery, for assault and for murder. How can you even say something like that? Punishment should be equal to offense. We dont put car stealers on electric chairs, you dont get fired from job for being 1 hour late... As for just words it is the same... You can go to court if someone talked publicly lies about you, or even called you a motherf***er. But you cant expect someone to be punished because he said you are mean or said something ironically to you... > 5.Code of conduct > _5.1. Can I troll, flame, threaten or harass people while using the Riot Services? (No. If you do, you might get banned.)_ > ##The following are examples of behavior that warrant disciplinary measures: > V. Transmitting or communicating any content which is deemed offensive, including language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, or racially, ethically, or otherwise objectionable; > > If you say something that person deems offensive and majority agrees upon it then it is punishable. If you like to call people Kid but majority of players in game find it offensive you get punished for it no matter what you mean by it. (Try to call people teammate, that offends only minority.) > How convenient. And how can we check whether majority of players considers something punishable? By few reports from frustrated children who lost game and report everyone in their team? > Also if you want to use in game chat do it to discuss important things, like team strategy, what objective priorities there are, what win conditions you have etc. Don't use it to discuss performance of other players, or their behaviour. > Fair enough. > In addition please realise the chat is not place to "report" people, it is actually offensive to call out reports in game, also it does nothing as it does not matter how much reports person gets in single game, if you report him or 9 people report him makes no difference. > And even better would be if you keep those things for Riot, write it down in the chat box while reporting, it is optional but actually it matters way more than empty report, and yes modern machines can read. Offensive this offensive that... I thought this is some social media fixation but as i can see people actually can get offended by anything and want to take it as far as to punish others for any trifle. Whatever, im gonna stop using chat at all now.
: I'm not gonna bother getting in an argument about something as redarted as that with you, specially since i already have the answer to my question by now It's pretty sad doh tbh :v
> [{quoted}](name=shamshamm,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=g9Umt5FG,comment-id=00000000000100000000,timestamp=2017-07-28T22:14:07.486+0000) > > I'm not gonna bother getting in an argument about something as redarted as that with you, specially since i already have the answer to my question by now > > It's pretty sad doh tbh :v My point stands. It's sad that someone can actually get offended by being called "toxic", and even sadder is the fact that it's punishable. It's not elementary school to punish people for such things. Calling someone "unpolite" is punishable too? What kind of world are you living in? You really believe that calling someone "unpolite" "mean" or "toxic" should actually be punishable ANYWHERE?
Fajerk (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=ujdaz,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=g9Umt5FG,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-07-28T20:33:26.330+0000) > > Calling someone toxic is insult? or kid? Yes. If you want to discuss behaviour do so on boards, not in game. > When you are being constantly insulted by this person, called names, getting your parents insulted and so on? There is a mute and a report button. Use them. > Also the "first time yas" was reverted line cause it was him who said it to me first. It's passive aggressive behaviour, nobody is asking who started the flame war, everyone involved gets punished no matter how much they did they participate. Nobody in game is interested in how much reports someone deserves, how toxic he is or how many times he slept with somebody else mother, it has no place in the game and deserves to be eradicated. So yeah everything you stated is 100% punishable, hell only minority of punishments actually contain heavy insults, majority is passive-aggressive behaviour toward other players which is as toxic as straight verbal abuse.
> [{quoted}](name=Fajerk,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=g9Umt5FG,comment-id=000000000002,timestamp=2017-07-28T20:58:46.109+0000) > > Yes. Wow, ok, what can i say? It's literally the only place i've heard of where calling someone kid is actually punishable. Seriously, where you would get punished for saying something like this? No other game punishes players for something like that, no other place in real world would punish for something like that. I guess League of Legends is really special place where people can't take the smallest offense, and you cant say anything remotely negative. Its worse than church. Okay i'll stop using chat then as at any normal place, work, school, whatever it's normal that people arent super nice to each other all the time.
: It's not even about being toxic. If people find you offensive then they have the right to report you.
I agree, but is it reason to get punished? We dont put ppl on court or call police because, we dont like them, and even if someone does, that person is not gonna get punished just because of that.
: Do you actually have time to play In between all that chattingo.O I havent typed as much as you do In game In my past 20 or so
Yep, studying programming makes you write really fast :)
: > Calling someone toxic is insult? Are you actually serious or is this some kind of joke i'm not getting ? ?
No? Are YOU serious? When someone is pushing you and or calling names you dont name him bully or mean cause its bad as well?
Fajerk (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=ujdaz,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=g9Umt5FG,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-07-28T20:20:41.417+0000) > No curse towards anyone. No insults. > ujdaz: toxic kiddo ujdaz: grow up ujdaz: report me ujdaz: when my kda is already better than yas ujdaz: first time yas? ujdaz: :) 11/10 - IGN
Calling someone toxic is insult? or kid? When you are being constantly insulted by this person, called names, getting your parents insulted and so on? Also the "first time yas" was reverted line cause it was him who said it to me first. Moreover asking question like this is now bannable? None of this counts as insult by any standards in any society come on.... No court or newspaper or a damn teacher at school would consider calling someone a kid as punishable. Again is this game for ppl or for saint priests who cant say ANYTHING SLIGHTLY bad?
Rioter Comments

ujdaz

Level 134 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion