: Tank vs AP and AD the difference
Tanks are very strong vs AD carries early game because *everything* beats AD carries early game. AD carries scale in such a way that they are very strong with each successive item (much stronger than mages), but weak with few. Tanks, with a few exceptions, right now are actually in kind of a bad spot - Most of them cannot deal with the strong duellist threats in top lane, leaving them relegated to jungle and support (and all the limitations of those roles). This is one of the reasons Maokai has fallen off the face of runeterra :( In general, any champion that relies heavily on ability base damages for early game damage (tanks) will be strong in the very early game but will rapidly fall off in terms of damage, unless that champion stays ahead of the general experience curve of the game (higher experience = better abilities = higher base damage)
: Aaaaahhh, that would explain a lot. Now it all makes sence. While I am struggeling to find 1 champion to get a lvl 2, my RIOT opponant has the cheat codes and is already on his 5th champion lvl3. Nice,......
I wish I had cheat codes for TFT, I suck. We can't manipulate the game itself in any way.
PaladinNO (EUNE)
: I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'd like to play with a Rioter for my ARAM game #10.000 (yep, soon got ten thousand ARAM games <3). Am at game #9876 now, so there's still a few weeks to go. But if there are still any Reds on EUNE, you think someone would be interested in playing with me for that celebratory match?
I'll ask around and see what I can do!
: TFT seems entirely luck-based, please someone prove me wrong
There's definitely an element of RNG, just like there's an element of RNG in poker. Higher ranked players learn to turn seemingly disadvantageous situations around when the luck of the draw is against them, among improving in skill in general. :)
Shamose (EUW)
: Just met a Rioter in TFT.
There are dozens of us. My colleagues and I all play TFT around lunch time! Note that (like me) not every Rioter has Riot in their name. It's likely you've played with a Rioter before without knowing it!
regsinvit (EUW)
: Okay you are diamond, you are allowed to give advices. God bless.
d1 solo gm flex
: > [{quoted}](name=A Red Herring,realm=EUW,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=Wpvml6Pj,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-23T23:29:38.468+0000) > > Getting from platinum 1 to diamond 4 is honestly a roll of the dice a lot of the time. It's one of the hardest barriers to overcome for various reasons, especially if you're close to your skill cap. > > All you can really do is focus on playing better as an individual and let the gains come. _"Close to your skill cap"_ Thats a pretty mysterious word on forums here. It is often used by the staff...i wonder why^^ And reaching Dia is not harder then to get out of Silver if you are playing not certain roles and champs^^
What I mean by 'close to your skill cap' is if you're basically playing at or close to your maximum possible level of skill with your current knowledge and ability. If your skill level is close to diamond 4 it might be difficult for you to get into diamond 4, because you'll have to win 3 out of 5 games while playing against players who theoretically are either equal or slightly better in skill than you are. Couple that with (anecdotally) promotional series being higher stakes than regular games for I would imagine most players, it can be difficult to climb into a tier that is close to your skill level because you have to win one more game than lose while already under pressure. The promotion series is really mostly about managing your own consistency. If you can consistently perform well then you'll climb it, but if you're losing lots of promo series it can be hard to go into that series with a clear head. > And reaching Dia is not harder then to get out of Silver if you are playing not certain roles and champs^^ I'd generally agree that you can reach Diamond with enough time investment and effort but it's demonstrably more difficult to reach Diamond than break out of Silver because there are so many fewer people in Diamond than in Gold... and effort and time investment can take you pretty much anywhere on the ladder. In general saying Diamond is easy to reach just devalues the achievements of people who reached Diamond and that's no bueno. :( It might be easy to reach for players who are indeed Diamond+ players, but for the *vast* majority of the player base Diamond is something they aim for and beyond their reach.
Unlucky Kat (EUNE)
: Tips on climbing?
Getting from platinum 1 to diamond 4 is honestly a roll of the dice a lot of the time. It's one of the hardest barriers to overcome for various reasons, especially if you're close to your skill cap. All you can really do is focus on playing better as an individual and let the gains come.
: > [{quoted}](name=A Red Herring,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=VEqNueIa,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-17T14:31:29.253+0000) > > This is the right answer. The best place to get any help with this will always be player support. > > Boards are intended for casual discussion. and for no support specialist , a security engineer have to answer player behaviour topics ,weird... player support can't do more... ,neither this game system dosn't handle to do something , i believe the manual cases submited are many, and right now it's a disaster inside player support assistance ,punishment system and game cause the toxicity day after day holds constantly annoying you every day and games you play ... Sounds really funny to play this game ... , i will excuse others from learning this game ,season 4-5-6 i coulded do somethin being good and carry alone , now i can't , i am forced to accept how others grief, how autofill put rocks in my back ,and how everyone else in team 0 listen ,flame each other ,troll/grief again , do mistakes play horrible wrong ,and also forced as adc main to eat all damn 2141t from teams from balancing this game ,as adc runes got just nerfs, almost never or recently almost no buffs, also the problem who stays is the fact that that you nerf supports , and people not anymore pick normal supports , and troll even more ,also they extremly toxic + griefing without to even know what rules they broke ... , seems also fair that they dont get banned until you not manually report , and again waste 5 minuts to create and update data base and submit manual tickets
Player support agents do not manually browse the forums to help out with players, it's just not scalable.
: > [{quoted}](name=A Red Herring,realm=EUW,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=lXpbEopX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-17T21:49:16.383+0000) > > Yes. Most OTPs have significantly higher winrates than the statistical average. If you learn her well enough, you will be able to climb with her. Why do you have time to respond to such a stupid question but totally ignore relevent threads that have massive amounts of views and posts. Or is it soley hansimans job to respond and defend with strawman arguments?
> Why do you have time to respond to such a stupid question but totally ignore relevent threads that have massive amounts of views and posts. It's the weekend ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don't work on the weekend. This question isn't stupid. It's relevant to a player and it's something that I can answer; that's why I answered it. It matters to this player that they get an answer - an answer I can provide. There are some threads where it doesn't really make sense to reply because I don't want to put a spotlight on it (the big red fistbump next to any topic dramatically increases the number of views and replies). Usually those threads: 1. Are just hate threads against Riot/a specific player 2. Have already had the original question answered by another player 3. Have content I'd rather not associate with Riot in them There are also threads where I have nothing valuable to add. In general if I see something I *can* help with I'll answer it. Just because you don't see me reply to a thread doesn't mean I haven't read it. > Or is it soley hansimans job to respond and defend with strawman arguments? Whoa there lad, take that axe and grind it someplace else.
: So a Rioter answers stupid questions but questions regarding issues with the client and stuff are left unanswered... lmfao
I answer quite a lot of topics but I tend to avoid answering things explicitly related to work since for the *vast* majority of things on these boards I am not an SME (Subject Matter Expert) on it. If it's something about security or maybe something I happen to know about I'll answer about it, but those things tend to be exceedingly rare on the boards. As another user mentioned, the problem with me talking about anything related to League that could be viewed as serious in any way ends up making it look like I'm talking on behalf of Riot. In most cases, I can't do that - it wouldn't be right for me to be viewed as an SME on something about the client when I'm not. When it comes to balance and the game, I do consider myself an SME because I am diamond 1 and have played this game since season 2, long before I joined Riot :) Plus, I talk on here to just have general chats with the playerbase! If I do see any issues I tend to pass them on, for what it's worth, but I can't answer everything :(
: Is it possible to main kayle in rank
Yes. Most OTPs have significantly higher winrates than the statistical average. If you learn her well enough, you will be able to climb with her.
: What do you do when you are sad?
I listen to music that gets me pumped up or I go for a walk if it's cool outside.
Player 123 (EUNE)
: https://imgur.com/a/wBS36se How about this? Also decayed? Do you want me to find every single complaint from 1k Challenger players being matched with low Diamond players? Sure, you have to find players for a game sometime, but 1k Challenger with D4 and less? Really? Why not say 'our system is busted' instead of giving me speeches? You know very well how a lot of people are complaining (challenger players) that they are more than often matched with low Diamonds, causing the games to be one sided and so disappointing and not worth to even play.
If that player is EUNE, then yes, they also decayed from Master. You can verify this by going to leagueofgraphs. The system does have faults - my colleagues are actively surveying Master+ players for their feedback - but in these two cases, the system worked as intended.
Player 123 (EUNE)
: What does it matter if he decayed from rank 1? If he decayed his mmr decayed as well, doesn't it? It should be P1
sbepuz (EUW)
: is that a joke? why all the na streamers that spammed annie when bugged didn't got banned? (and it is just one of the 1000 example i can make to u https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZN8FxM_6rk adding video just to remember u the bug shiftur, qtpie, tyler1, annie bot, have to be banned+also other players when they realised that annie was bugged(perma cc) they spammed game with annie till when u didn't block annie and they know about the bug, because the game before they faced someone that was abusing about that so: 1) someone in riot game is not doing is work 2) u are just typing without understand what u are typing (+ there isn't type anywhere that we can't abuse of bug when we accept to play league of legends) n.b. vandiril channel should be permabanned on youtube...he just make video about ur bugs and he play games to show them > Even if the bug is created by our mistakes, willfully exploiting a bug that is clearly unintended functionality and has a large impact is not a good idea. The thing that gets you banned isn't that the bug exists, but you made the conscious choice to exploit unambiguously unintended functionality to gain a competitive advantage.
I can't really comment much on what happened with Annie situation since I honestly do not know what happened there, I just know that we *have* banned people in the past for exploiting bugs to gain a competitive advantage and to be safe you should not exploit bugs for competitive gain since there's no hard and fast rule. Vandiril does not exploit bugs to gain a competitive advantage.
: Write a support ticket. Boards are mainly used by players, not Riot.
This is the right answer. The best place to get any help with this will always be player support. Boards are intended for casual discussion.
sbepuz (EUW)
: > As an example a Janna Lucian lane could be pretty aggressive, but if the opposing lane has a Lulu support, it's a lot easier for Lulu to shut down any aggression by the Lucian with her Polymorph than it is for Lucian and Janna to coordinate their abilities if they aren't on comms. in which server they play janna and lulu? lucian is dead because he can't face an ali/braum/tham/rakan(and if we have to add ap support, lux...lux outrange lucian with everything)...so yeah lucian is dead right now just farm go in late with crit build and he "can work"
Well, I gave that example because OP played Janna Lucian vs a Tristana Lulu in his last game :)
: Garen is getting tons of balance fixes and bug fixes now.
It is a coincidence. I am pretty sure G2 picked Garen because he was the only champion not picked in pro play (I think?) and G2 are... creative with their picks. Changes like you're seeing on PBE are generally in the works for a long time before they see the public eye. This goes for a lot of things - Skins, champion reworks, etc.
sbepuz (EUW)
: u will never be banned for abuse a bug bug is a problem created by riot game. noone stop u from abuse it, same for soloq, if a champ is bugged and u can use it (because they dont' disable him) welp, u will not be banned for abuse that bug
We have banned people for exploiting particularly egregious bugs in the past. Even if the bug is created by our mistakes, willfully exploiting a bug that is clearly unintended functionality and has a large impact is not a good idea. The thing that gets you banned isn't that the bug exists, but you made the conscious choice to exploit unambiguously unintended functionality to gain a competitive advantage. I can't say whether or not this would get you banned (I am not on the team that decides that), so I would err on the side of caution and say not to exploit it.
Silent Note (EUNE)
: Question regarding Oracle's Extract
It was probably missed when we made that change. The change was made with SR in mind, where Oracles Elixir doesn't exist. I'll pass it on to the team. Thanks!
DagOfBickss (EUNE)
: Why is Lucian so weak compared to other adc´s (especially in the early game???)
A big part of the missing picture is supports. Lucian does still beat each of these carries early game, but who wins the lane is also really decided by what support you have and how they play. Lucian is only a lane bully if he can get in your face and damage you and that will be more difficult to do if your support is something like Tahm Kench *or* if you and your support aren't on the same page. As an example a Janna Lucian lane could be pretty aggressive, but if the opposing lane has a Lulu support, it's a lot easier for Lulu to shut down any aggression by the Lucian with her Polymorph than it is for Lucian and Janna to coordinate their abilities if they aren't on comms. I'm not sure Lucian necessarily needs buffs, just a meta shift. He's clearly good in the right hands, but his winrate is hamstrung by him being a relatively difficult ADC while being incredibly popular, especially for players who don't necessarily always play ADC. Some of the buffs you mention have issues: > 525 attack range Lucian has short attack range because of his E. It's a longer ranged dash than Vaynes Q and can go over walls. I'm not sure his attack range should change. If it went up to 525 or 550 he would be incredibly strong. His attack range also makes sure that he has to get in your face to damage you, which is part of the whole idea of him. > Longer and wider Q range that triggers faster I think his Q is easy enough to land that this isn't a problem. > W having AD scaling This one seems fair. > AP Ratio on his Q so he can be built as an AP carry I'm not sure this one would work the same way it works with Kai'Sa. Kai'Sa has AP scalings on 4 of her abilities, including her passive, and half of them deal magic damage (W, passive). Unless Lucian had more magic damage (maybe his second auto on his passive deals magic damage), it would be difficult for him to function in the same way as Kai'Sa. Not to mention that Kai'Sa wants attack speed, ability power and attack damage and these stat combinations are all easily found on existing items. Lucian on the other hand would want CDR, AD and AP. There are no items in the game that give all of these stats and the only items that would give both AD and AP would be things like Gunblade (which he could build, but it's expensive and doesn't offer much) or Rageblade (Lucian doesn't want attack speed). New items would probably have to be created to faciliate Lucian's flexible build.
Player 123 (EUNE)
: https://imgur.com/a/5E9LuT2 You balance around mmr? Then why do Challenger,Grandmaster players keep getting Platinum low Diamond players with 50% winrates. I get it that someone is hard smurfing and has 70% winrate which allows him but other than that what the hell ?
> keep getting Platinum low Diamond players with 50% winrates The platinum player with 50% winrate in that screenshot hard carried the game. They decayed out of Master tier since April this year down to Platinum. You can't decay below Diamond, which is why they stopped at Plat. Using visible rank to determine the skill of someone in your game is problematic above Diamond due to decay. It ultimately serves no benefit, you should instead focus on how the player plays. https://i.imgur.com/6w62mV7.png When you start reaching Challenger and Grandmaster, we do have to spreading a net a bit wider to find people for you to play with because there are so few people at that level. But in most cases, like this one, the visible rank is a little deceptive as to what the skill of the player actually is.
ShacoOrTaco (EUNE)
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS4pOj7uYCE here you go a tutorial
This is news to me. I'll pass it along. Thanks. (No, don't exploit this :))
ShacoOrTaco (EUNE)
: TFT bug abusers
> who abuse bugs in ranked games like duping items If you have any videos of this being a thing, I'd love to see them. We semi-recently (within the past 2 months) fixed an item duplication bug. > or at the start of the game going into the middle of circle and getting priority picks This is a bug that we're aware of, but isn't the fault of the player and we're working on it. TFT is still in beta, so you should expect some bugs, although I'm sorry you experience them :(
: Tell me now that Riot doesn't predefine Win/Lose in ranked games
Sejuani recently promoted out to plat. Jaxs overall winrate isn't great, but I would assume that he's been winning more than he has been losing recently, which is why he showed up in your game. Couple that with the fact that most people in your game have low winrates in gold, I'm going to assume that youre actually all around the same MMR, even if the ranks don't seem to reflect that. The Jax in particular seems to winstreak a lot. In the past 2 weeks he's won 20 games out of 43 (a winrate of just under 50%), but a few weeks ago he had a 13 game winning streak. To me this just tells me that he's probably in the mmr he should be but he isn't consistent enough to promote. Remember that silver 1 is only one division below gold 4. Also, just because *you* are gold 2 does not mean that your MMR is around gold 2 level - your winrate is also below 50%, meaning your MMR is probably a bit below gold 2, unless you've winstreaked a lot recently and are overcoming a bad win/loss record. This stuff happens - sometimes people just become unstuck and start climbing, so while their winrate might look suboptimal, they're actually gaining MMR because they are winning more than they lose. In general, we balance around MMR, not winrates, although one does tend to track with the other. I would recommend focusing on your own gameplay and improvement if you want to improve in ranked rather than focusing on your fellow players winrates - you can't change their winrates, but you can certainly change how you play!
: And I cant get this information ingame? How is it fair that he is able to know about my runes while we are in the game via 3rd party websites.
There are visual indicators of what runes you are running while in game. For example, you can see someones keystone, but you can also see Bone Plating when it is active and when it is on cooldown. He probably didn't know before a trade that you didn't have Bone Plating, but after he hit you he could see that Bone Plating didn't activate and wasn't on cooldown, which means you don't have it. Runes aren't considered private information.
Cryptidian (EUNE)
: Riot seems to avoid passive stats and passive permanent bonuses like the plague
In general it's difficult to play against passive stats because they're *always* there that you just have to factor it in. This leads to situations where passive stats become very powerful or have to be tuned so low to be meaningless. It only works on a few champions, like Garen.
: Thank you both for telling me that im a dumbass, thats really what I came here for.
I didn't say that you were a dumbass, just that you made a mistake in game and/or that you didn't have the knowledge to know you made that mistake. Everyone makes mistakes, it's not an indictment of your intelligence. As for not having the knowledge - things like this are exactly the reason why professional players have coaches. They aren't infallible!
: You know what I mean, I obviously dont mean 0 damage, just not lethal damage, that should be enough to kill.
Nasus generally isn't able to 1v1 anyone early game unless you made a massive mistake. Which means you probably made a massive mistake. Even weak late game champions are able to kill other champions if they slip up. Late game champions aren't meant to be completely useless early game, otherwise there would be no reason to pick them
: How the %%%% do you know that
You can view this information on third party websites, like https://op.gg.
: His title (if can call it in this way) is "Security Engineer". Bugs like Yummi's tooltip, player's tab and units in TFT are not in his domain. He has a different job to do and when he finish it then he can play the game like a normal person. And he can also use this boards like a normal person. Just because he work at Riot that doesn't mean that he is forced to reply at any post who have to do with the bugs in this game. He is not the image(_the chosen one_) for the EUW server.
> He is not the image(the chosen one) for the EUW server. That's correct, but I also understand the reason why people view me that way. So while I do not pretend to be the representative of All Things Riot, I effectively do have to be prepared to act like that when I post here - and that's fine. It's just part of the territory.
FURRY V2 (EUNE)
: Do you know what I don't understand ? _(besides that from where you got this gold)_ Here you are, someone, who wears the _***~~riot~~***_ tag, playing the game. You do, you must encounter the problems of this game in every single match you play. You do not see them? All of your colleagues who all play this game, do not see the problems? None of you can raise their voice and let it known to the ones _whose work on the game_? Or your voice, opinion is as meaningless as everyone else's on the forums? Perhaps you are threatened ? Will you be fired if you mention the problems to the higher layers of riot? --- We are not talking about crying. Telling which character to nerf, even if some of them are obvious. But the problems happening in the game over multiple patches. Recently played tab ? Just disappeared without telling a word, who cares? Yuumi tooltip says it still gives mana? It is just a tooltip, not effecting a thing, right? You can't sell units in teamfight tactics ? Even more, those units become hostile ? It is a feature, right ? etc... Why riot is not cared about these ? What is the only and ultimate reason ? Just one sentence which obviously states the reason.
>(besides that from where you got this gold) I was reading your ranked emblem on the forum from last season, which does indeed show gold. Congratulations on your climb to Plat 4 this season! > You do, you must encounter the problems of this game in every single match you play. In general, I don't have many issues with the state the game is currently in in terms of balance, at least. There are bugs, sure, and I do raise those to the respective teams. > You do not see them? All of your colleagues who all play this game, do not see the problems? > None of you can raise their voice and let it known to the ones whose work on the game? Any feedback I have on the game I am free to express to my colleagues and I frequently do. Everyone at Riot is encouraged to give their feedback about anything within Riot to those that have the ability to change things. You also have to consider that my feedback (and yours) is based on personal anecdotes rather than actual data. For example, I think Yasuo is really frustrating to play against and probably too strong, but the data shows that Yasuo isn't actually that strong and I am just not very good at playing against him. That doesn't mean Yasuo should be nerfed, it means I need to get better. > Or your voice, opinion is as meaningless as everyone else's on the forums? No one's voice on the forum is meaningless - if Riot didn't care about what people said on the forums, then we wouldn't be checking them. They're one of the things we do use to monitor player sentiment around things. You are heard - we just can't respond to everything individually. > Why riot is not cared about these ? What is the only and ultimate reason ? Just one sentence which obviously states the reason. The simple fact is that we *do* care about those things - but that there are also lots of other things that we care about that compete for our time. A tooltip stating the wrong thing isn't as serious as a service disruption, for example. That's not to say that the Rioters that would fix the broken tooltip would also fix the service disruption issues (they aren't the same people), it's just meant to illustrate that Riot unfortunately doesn't have infinite resources to work on all the things we'd like, so we have to prioritise things. And, of course, Riot is made up of humans - it's very possible we aren't aware of very minor things, like bugs that require very specific reproduction steps or a tooltip that's slightly incorrect. We rely on players (both internal to Riot and external) to raise those things to us so we can fix them. > You can't sell units in teamfight tactics ? Even more, those units become hostile ? It is a feature, right ? etc... As for TFT - TFT is currently in Beta and we do expect some issues and those issues will be resolved over the Beta. If you have a video or something that demonstrates this issue I'm happy to forward it along, because I've personally not encountered it.
FURRY V2 (EUNE)
: You know the game has serious problems when even the ones working on it need help from players about how to play it.
I don't work on the game - even if I did, most games aren't solved by the people who make them. Knowing the rules of the game is very different from being very good at the game. For example, I'm sure you know the rules of the game very well, but you're Gold. Gold is a good rank to be, but it's not professional level. Knowledge and execution are very different things :) There's nothing wrong with getting a second pair of eyes on your own play. Different perspectives help to point out mistakes that you make! I'm hoping to get all the advice I can to reach my goal of Master tier in the next year (currently Diamond 3)!
: Jhin and hail of blades?
Hail of Blades does not benefit the attack that causes the effect to trigger - [your first attack won't benefit from HoB but the following 3 will](https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-820-notes). It does still work on Jhin.
PaladinNO (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=A Red Herring,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=o16M6EQ9,comment-id=00000002000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-10T12:42:31.400+0000) > > https://i.imgur.com/Jdl8tQO.png Don't exert yourself. As he failed to read that the first time, I doubt pointing it out specifically will help any. Most of us do read just fine though. Tries to be respectful too when asking questions. While not exactly sure what a "security engineer" does, if I were to ask a question regarding an auto-login feature (no need to insert password), would that be in your department? The client doesn't respond very well to passwords being inserted with Ctrl+V, so not having to insert them at all would be handy for me. I don't play on different PCs anyway.
I wouldn't be working directly on that but I can give my point of view on the security implications of it. The primary problem would be that we'd have to store your password somewhere in your computer. > The client doesn't respond very well to passwords being inserted with Ctrl+V It doesn't work as well as I'd like, but I find after a few moments of starting the client it'll work fine. I do this every time I log into my account :)
: [Coaching] Doing FREE op.gg reviews and verbal lesson live!
Thanks for the review, my dude. I'm not gonna stop playing Ryze tho :^)
Markoman43 (EUNE)
: Go and make more skins.Only thing you are good for anyway.
https://i.imgur.com/Jdl8tQO.png
Spearki (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=A Red Herring,realm=EUW,application-id=Mpd1UjGe,discussion-id=kJj7Xqui,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-09T23:01:23.987+0000) > > 1. Grants LP to anyone who placed fifth or above > 2. Everyone below fifth loses LP you might wanna delete this as ppl loss lp for 4th and 3rd sometimes in tft this is not correct
Nah, I'll just correct my post. The broad strokes of it are correct.
Hansiman (EUW)
: > Grants LP to anyone who placed fifth or above Unless things have changed, it should be possible to lose LP in TFT if you place 4th, if your MMR suggests it. > > SapMagic (Ed Altorfer) @RiotSapMagic > It's possible to lose LP when placing 4th, though generally you'll gain LP. [Tweet](https://twitter.com/RiotSapMagic/status/1152234742302904321).
My mistake, I was reading from the Nexus article about TFT which does state the cutoff is 5th. I haven't played much TFT :(
vipility (EUNE)
: Does Kog'Maw still outscale people?
Ever since his rework he's been more of a mid game carry with Trinity Force and such. The problem is right now other ADCs are stronger than he is at nearly every item point and they bring more to the table. If the meta slows down, relies less heavily on early aggression (tower plating, heralds) and we start seeing tanks and enchanters come into the meta he might show up again.
: A friend of mine got a ban until 2133 is that considered a temporal ban? {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} Sad he got in a small argument and he got banned unlucky Thanks a lot :)
All bans are temporary on a long enough timescale :) A ban until 2133 is for all intents and purposes a permanent ban.
Vertinhol (EUW)
: LP distribution
LP is currently indirectly distributed based on your division - Your matchmaking rating (MMR) and division/tier generally track with each other, as do that of your opponents. The amount of LP you win or lose is directly related to the difference of MMR between your team and your opponents team. Basing LP gains off of KDA is a little problematic for a number of reasons: Tanks/bruiser players would likely have lower LP gains than assassin players and tying it to KDA would likely lead to players playing conservatively once they accrue a lead, which would drag games out. It's best not to influence players to alter their behaviour in game in order to acquire LP. TFT doesn't do any of the things you've mentioned; it instead: 1. Grants LP to anyone who placed ~~fifth~~ third or above 2. Everyone below fifth loses LP 3. Fourth might gain or lose a paltry amount of LP 4. There are no promotion series League kinda already works like this: The top 5 players already receive LP and the others do already lose LP. The only meaningful difference is the lack of promotion series. I don't work on the competitive team so I can't much about any plans the team may or may not have, but any changes like that would likely be talked about *well* in advance on [Nexus](https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/)
: Two Questions about boards
> 1) Is Riot running them? We run the software that makes the boards work, but there are a group of people with various titles like Emissary, Volunteer etc that handle the day to day running of the board. They are not really employed by Riot. > 2) What happens if you get banned? Can you revert it? If you get temporarily banned there will be an expiration date on that ban. Permanent bans are not lifted.
Cypherous (EUW)
: > Also. why are you at work at 3 am ? XD You do know riot has offices in multiple countries in the world and that timezones exist right? :P Also, IT never sleeps
I am not working at 3am. I was *awake* at 3am and was browsing the boards on my personal League of Legends account :) I do not work early hours of the morning nor do I work on weekends.
: > [{quoted}](name=A Red Herring,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=nNFZNgMV,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-03T23:08:14.360+0000) > > Pykes gold generation and execution ultimate are what define him as a champion. I don't think Pantheon will see play as a support as he isn't going to function well on low economy like Pyke can. > > I'd consider myself fairly well ranked and Pyke is one of my most played champions. Pyke can do a *lot* more than this. League of Graphs tells me that you've played 17 games of Pyke this season - I'd recommend you play him more before forming a conclusion on him. He's changed a bit since his release. He's more than capable of solo carrying games, particularly starting a snowball in the early game in bot lane due to having a comparable level to his opposing laners. > > It's only later on the game that, without a lead, he becomes closer to what Blitzcrank is, and even then he offers a lot of utility, safety and damage compared to other champions in the same role. I have 90 thousand points on pyke, not just "17 games" I've witnessed every buff and nerf to the champion and my point still stands. Pantheon has a better kit than pyke does, similar, but still better. His Q is way superior to pyke's but pyke was nerfed out of his old AOE Q because people thought it was OP, yet you implement a better one into a new champion. Also "you only have 17 games on pyke" yeah I WONDER WHY, maybe because HE WASN'T RELIABLE FOR 3 PATCHES? Hardthonk on that one don't you think? Why would I play an instaloss champion? You think pyke's R is OP? Nice one, so you remove every single laning potential from pyke and then complain that the only decent thing he has which is his R is OP, what next? His movement speed is too high? Meanwhile I bet you think Riven is completely balanced, like your colleagues down at riot games because you've clearly not been addressing the issue. Why is it that the moment someone managed to go off meta and have some fun you instantly gut the champion but when someone plays your "Representative" champs like Riven (completely broken) and Lux (58% winrate with aftershock in masters+) you do nothing about it? Gotta keep the OTPs happy because screw whoever is going against them right? Seems fair. Also, it's hilarious how you have to check a 3rd party site to even remotely be able to see my stats, proving you haven't even considered implementing these features into your own game at all.
> I have 90 thousand points on pyke, not just "17 games" I've witnessed every buff and nerf to the champion and my point still stands. I said 17 games in the current season, not total. I know you have 90,000 mastery points on Pyke. I have ~190,000 for what it's worth. > Also "you only have 17 games on pyke" yeah I WONDER WHY, maybe because HE WASN'T RELIABLE FOR 3 PATCHES? Hardthonk on that one don't you think? Why would I play an instaloss champion? I don't think there's been a point where Pyke has been bad for dedicated Pyke players, although there have definitely been periods where he is worse in the meta compared to other champions. I've been playing him in all patches since his release. At the level you and I play at, it doesn't really matter how objectively good something is compared to other champions because we can make it work. At competitive level, it's a different story. > Also, it's hilarious how you have to check a 3rd party site to even remotely be able to see my stats, proving you haven't even considered implementing these features into your own game at all. I'm a security engineer. I don't implement anything in the game. I'm at home at 3am - it's far easier for me to view op.gg than to add something new to the game at that time :) I definitely agree that it's something we should look at adding, though, but adding those features to the game would mean that third party sites like op.gg, league of graphs and u.gg will have to compete with Riot. In general, if the community solves these problems, there's little incentive for Riot to add those features over working on something else.
wQApril (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=A Red Herring,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=FF8vHIsd,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-04T00:07:09.392+0000) > > That entirely depends on the level of verbal abuse. If you're abusive enough that you'd fall under the label of toxic I'd absolutely say that warrants something more than a chat restriction. Why ppl that feed get not banned?
They do, but banning people who feed is much more complex than banning people who are verbally abusive. In most cases, it's pretty cut and dry if someone is being verbally abusive, and with exceptions like going rammus with mobi boots, ghost and 5 tears and running it down mid, it can be more difficult to determine if someone is unambiguously feeding or is just having a bad game.
sbepuz97 (EUW)
: maybe just re-introduce old matchmaking sistem? is since season 3 players are asking for longer queue but fixed matchmaking in ur opinion why d+ is just coinflip games? i'm not even playing games. in champ select teams already know who is going to win the game, because of fast queue but all auofilled...and yeah if u have 4 main adc, hf with ur game > The second rank person you refer to, Doss the Boss, has not played against a single Diamond 1 player are u actuallyr %%%%%% or u just work for riot? 4 days ago, pyke game, he was vs an azir d1. azir scroe 1/9 in that game were also fnc bwipo and fnc broxah, in ur opinion a d1 50% winrate is supposed to play with the top of league of legends? or riot games is just unable to understand they are %%%%ing up the game? idk who is the idiot that is working on soloq matchmaking...but idk how he is still in ur roaster (rank 1 11hours ago, just played with 2 d1 in team, 2 D1) (let's peack up rank1 player game, lost game azir 5/11/4, in ur opinion it was a game, or d1 jungler got stomped and costed game to everyone?) > It won't be uncommon for players that high up in the ladder to face off against Grandmaster, Master tier players and even high Diamond players if their MMR is high enough. 75% challenger rank 2 vs d1 50% player? is that what u call balanced? are u asking urself why players stopped play league in season9?
> 4 days ago, pyke game, he was vs an azir d1. azir scroe 1/9 That Azir is Master tier and pretty comfortably so with a 51% winrate. > in ur opinion why d+ is just coinflip games? i'm not even playing. in champ select teams already know who is going to win Lots of reasons. I only play in low to mid diamond so I can't comment on master tier plus, but my personal opinion is that it's likely a combination of tilt, long queue times, players being put on roles they'd rather not play and the perceived impact that has.
: LoL Freezes my PC every few games
A stab in the dark here. Have you tried using something like CoreTemp or GPUTemp to monitor the temperatures of your laptop? I always assume any kind of bug like this with a laptop is the result of a heating issue.
: the real complaint here is bans are too harsh for the crime which is "verbal abuse" rioter-san ;) not that toxics shouldn't be punished at all, tho i do admit this punishing system needs a complete overhaul so it actually get more nasty people punished and less frustrated ones punished.....
> the real complaint here is bans are too harsh for the crime which is "verbal abuse" rioter-san ;) That entirely depends on the level of verbal abuse. If you're abusive enough that you'd fall under the label of toxic I'd absolutely say that warrants something more than a chat restriction.
Show more

A Red Herring

Level 283 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion