Kabakadamn (EUNE)
: What is sad is there are people who are defending them....
I think it's ok to instigate others to stop playing or rather stop paying. I don't mind you doing that. You're furious, aggrieved, frustrated. But please don't disrespect others for having an opinion just _ because it's not the same as yours_. You have your reasons, others have their reasons and that's perfectly fine.
: The problem was the int lobbies who abused ip that way.
Pinkwarding gromp and auto attack and then afk for the enemy to end at 7min. What a wholesome way to play League and misuse such events.
: I never saw benefit of trying to repeat the same to a person who's obviously trolling. Ta taaa
>I never saw benefit of trying to repeat the same to a person who's obviously trolling. Ta taaa Obviously. It's truly easy to discredit any efforts someone makes by displaying them as a troll and thus beeing a saint when withholding information regarding a discussed topic. Interestingly I see people fall back to those strategies not because they don't _want to_ share said information, but because they happen to _not have them._ -------- Also looking a little around in this thread I see you pulling facts and knowledge out of thin air, I should not expect you to _actually_ hold any valuable information for this discussion.
: And this is how you get ignored. Low effort troll is low effort.
>And this is how you get ignored. Low effort troll is low effort. Not sure what you're talking about. If you're right why wouldn't you be insisting on your view instead of displaying me as a troll? I'm just looking here for logic proof knowledge, if you act like you can provide it, but don't, then I'm not sure who is the troll here.
: Not sure if you're trolling or yes. Even a perfectly coded system can glitch on poorly taking care machines. So quit it with your "im so cool" mode and actually use your brain. Thanks.
So a glitch really doesn't involve human errors after all. I just wanted to assert that, I really didn't knew yet. I mean human errors, like putting a perfectly coded system on poorly taking care machines. Sorry I'm just curious, I didn't mean to act cool to you.
Kabakadamn (EUNE)
: It is easy to join :) We don't require membership. Anyone who have concept of justice in their soul will be join us that is for sure :) Defending a company who made mistake is harder than not playing :)
>Anyone who have concept of justice in their soul will be join us that is for sure :) This is so wrong. Calling everyone who disagrees with you morally bad is just petty and a complete misuse of these norms.
: There always has to be one of you that needs be given a hand to understand *sigh* I meant it's not a glitch in the system, but someone just being lazy and publishing it without checking if all it set correct... If someone exploited a glitch "Ban punishment" would be proper, but when someone was lazy and you abused his/hers laziness you do not deserve to be punished.
> [{quoted}](name=Kapy Du Couteaus,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=XiGw21bA,comment-id=000c0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-13T11:57:56.815+0000) > > I meant it's not a glitch in the system, but someone just being lazy and publishing it without checking if all it set correct... If someone exploited a glitch "Ban punishment" would be proper, but when someone was lazy and you abused his/hers laziness you do not deserve to be punished. A glitch doesn't happen when someone is too lazy and publishing his code without checking if it's all correct, or because he screwed up otherwise, because a glitch is just _there_. It's like an animal born from void that mystically appeared in the software and causes unintended behaviour. I'm always happy to learn new things.
: It's not a bug. It's a human error.
A bug is not a human error?
: stop banning for toxicity
> no reason to create a whole new account and level it up, just wait a week Yes, drastic measures are totally unnecessary, you know that and you are better than that. >whoever invented the perma-anything should be crucified Nice.
Lleajy (EUW)
: ?
: > Would have used this opportunity to their favour if given, likely including you. And you would be wrong. I did catch the bug, the last couple minutes of it, but I didn't purchase anything. I instantly realised that it was a bug, and since I've spent $2000+ on this game from my hard earned money, I didn't wanna risk getting banned, over a couple of freebies. I relogged, thinking it's visual - and when I got back it was gone. Didn't even give it further attention - until I saw the posts coming in. I mean, the logical step following a bug abuse - that's related to the main income source of the game - would have been some action taken against said accounts. Hence, anyone who spent enough money here, and who gives a rat's ass about his account - would probably think as I did. On the other hand, players that haven't spent a single dime on the game, and have nothing to lose, I'm pretty sure they cashed out as hard as they could.
I guess you have a point. But they didn't permaban players who kept others hostage in a gamemode. And I think morally it's easier to cash in without thinking than _holding other players hostage indefinetly_. So taking someone's account away (for ever) who actually just naively took on this opportunity, is quite diabolic. I mean, what you're asking for is, some player surfing around in the client, maybe foggy brained, clicking some regular buttons, bam account gone. This is what a RESPECTABLE 10 year old company looks to you? Are you positive?
Rioter Comments
: I couldn't give less shits about not partaking on this. I actually work for my money, and can afford buying something, if I desire to. I am not bothered by the fact that mistakes happen, everyone can f#$k up. What pushed me to stopping my support towards riot, was the way they HANDLED the situation. I can't support a company, that is OK with people exploiting bugs, and fails to take action afterwards, "because it's too much work". If this was any RESPECTABLE company, the bug abusers would have either been permabanned, or hit with a chargeback ban, till they don't pay for every single item they "purchased". - if reverting the purchase is not possible (however I know it is). I do see, from your writing style, that you're too young to understand what REALLY happened, perhaps you should ask first, or try to read into what people are "crying" about - instead of creating cringe threads, that end up with a negative rating. Have a nice day !
>If this was any RESPECTABLE company, the bug abusers would have either been permabanned, or hit with a chargeback ban, till they don't pay for every single item they "purchased". Whoa keep it civil man. I'd say 95% of the community would have used this opportunity to their favor if given, likely including _you_. Making draconic countermeasures doesn't really support your point.
: So a few people got lucky... I don't see the big deal. Nobody was negatively impacted after all. Riot really has better things to do than bother with this kind of crap. Do u also go rioting in the streets every time someone other than you wins the lottery?
> [{quoted}](name=Shadowflame,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=yuri6IB6,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2019-01-12T14:26:10.207+0000) > > Do u also go rioting in the streets every time someone other than you wins the lottery? If they win because of a technical mistake that they exploited and the host does nothing then yes. What's your point?
Cryptidian (EUNE)
: You have just enrolled into Runeterra University, which two champions would you want as roomates?
{{champion:13}} and {{champion:98}} would probably bother me the least. Although entertaining would be any Runeterran champion.
: SLAPS SYLAS
Also balance team https://static01.nyt.com/images/2016/08/05/us/05onfire1_xp/05onfire1_xp-articleLarge-v2.jpg
Rioter Comments
Silent Note (EUNE)
: What's the difference between snare and root?
The root sticks you to the ground, the snare ties you up. For the purpose of League they're the same.
XxD WolfxX (EUNE)
: Every single server has been hit by the disconnects but NA
Febos (EUW)
: {{champion:43}} - Can use her empowered abilities. {{champion:76}} - Can transform into cougar and use cougar abilities. Can transform back to Sylas and his ultimate goes on cooldown. {{champion:60}} - Same thing as Nidalee. {{champion:77}} - Phoenix stance. Once. {{champion:31}} - Exactly what you'd expect. He can consume a unit, gaining HP and getting bigger. {{champion:29}} - The same thing Twitch gets.
I did not expect him to gain HP and get bigger.
: about sylas's r
[Most of it is already here.](http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Sylas)
: Hey ! [There you go for vayne's ult](https://youtu.be/DLPjFLwvlqc?t=1723) I still didn't see it, but the trick is to go and read what the abilities do exactly. Here is the first part of twitch's ulti in the wikia : ACTIVE: Twitch gains bonus attack damage and his basic attacks gain 300 bonus range for 5 seconds. Which basically means that sylas will gain 300 range on his auto attacks (he will become ranged). I just searched, it seems like his wiki entry is already available : [Sylas wikia](http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Sylas) They already have all the details, seems like I was right about everything. Illaoi's entry is still not available. For corki, he gains max charges ;)
Ahh, very nice. I guess the wiki wasn't up when I searched for it yet. It also seems like the interactions are not yet all final. And it's more concise than I hoped it to be. Especially concerning I find the Twitch description: >Twitch's Spray and Pray Spray and Pray - Will fire missles at range. Missiles can also proc Tiamat and Ravenous Hydra **multiple times. ** This I find very ~~concerning~~ interesting. I assume it's a misunderstanding because it would mean tremendous damage spikes in areas with many creeps. Well atleast he can't buy hurricane..
: Ok having watched a few things I can answer stuff When he steals {{champion:102}} ult he got to use her E... so {{champion:60}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:76}} should give him their other form’s abilities for a time... and I assume {{champion:74}} and {{champion:43}} he’d get to use one of their empowered abilities... {{champion:7}} likely the same though I’m not sure how (uses the respective last ability used, or might let him recast one of his own abilities. {{champion:429}} it looks like he can buy a black spear (the item that kalista uses to bind herself) so I imagine when she is in the game Sylas will be able to buy the black spear and bind himself to an ally. {{champion:77}} he just gets Phoenix stance for a bit. Stat enhancing ults just gives the stats normally {{champion:420}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:75}} these ones have an ult which affects one of their abilities... so with vayne his Q will make him go invis and have a half cooldown, nasus will half his Q cooldown, illaoi will reduce his W cooldown. {{champion:29}} I don’t know but he prob just gets the auto attack range {{champion:133}} it just looks like he gets it exactly like she would until it ends {{champion:157}} same as yasuo... can cast on knock ups... allied or the one from his E Global ults will be done exact same as they are normally, so if he gets a global ult he’s allowed to use it globally like the original ___ Don’t know about the others though
Very nice. Thank you! Apart from Udyr I like every decision Riot made. He should be able to chose like {{champion:43}} {{champion:7}} etc then.
: What you need to understand is that his ult changes into the exact copy of the enemy ult. So if he steals yasuo's ultimate, everything will change, the icon, the cooldown, the text to become an exact copy of the stolen one (except for the ratios). So an ult being interactive, empowering him (gain stats, or become big), or anything like that won't have any problem. > What I Know : I already saw the vayne one, he get the stats and become invisible when he uses his Q ! {{champion:157}} ult is pretty good for him. The second part of his E is a knock up, so he can ult with his own E and chain cc the enemy. For the hard counters, they aren't, he can buy kalista's object in the shop. And if he seals something like nidalee/elise, he will transform to their animal form and gain that form's abilities just like they do. Transforming back to sylas will make him lose the ultimate and it will go on cooldown (it's like having elise transform into a spider only once instead of changing forms at will. For Karma/Heimer, he will be able to cast one empowered ability (like the big heimer turret) of his choice. It's technically the same idea as transforming champs. For galio, I didn't see it, but he will just use it normally like galio. I don't see where is the problem with that? He will pick an ally in range and jump to him. Just like yasuo or any copied ult. > What I'll guess : I didn't see Illaoi too, but maybe it will work like vayne? Using his W will make the tentacles slam.
The Vayne interaction is very interesting, I'm curious to see it. I don't know his kit yet, so couldn't guess. Him gaining secondary basic abilities for an ult is somehow hilarious. I like it. But as it seems Riot makes for almost every Champions somehow an interaction/scaling so that it isn't completely in vain by default to ult him. I'm still curious about the results of {{champion:29}} if {{champion:42}} {{champion:96}} he'll get more than one lame missile. and much more I suppose. I can't wait to read his wiki entry. It must be endless. {{sticker:sg-jinx}}
Silent Note (EUNE)
: The game breaks and the servers go down.
That's the correct answer.
: It is there though... you don’t loose an ability when it’s on cooldown it’s just not ready yet, so Sylas can still steal it. If a champion doesn’t have an ult, say another Sylas then yes Sylas won’t be able to steal it.
So {{champion:60}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:76}} {{champion:77}} are all hard counters to his ult part, huh? Also I wonder what the interaction with certain champions will be, Shyvanna is supposed to work, so what about Stat/ability enhancing Ult: {{champion:133}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:29}} Multi missile ult: {{champion:96}} {{champion:42}} Interactive ults: {{champion:157}} {{champion:420}} Ults with unique requirements: {{champion:145}} {{champion:50}}( {{champion:122}} {{champion:134}} ) Globals: {{champion:3}}
Febos (EUW)
: Why is "gay" part of the description? Isn't "a couple" enough? Just asking.
1. A male couple has a certain twist to it. That makes matching names a little more interesting. 2. A great amount of couple names reference their partner name with a gendered article like "him" or "her". I don't think that would be what the TE had in mind. (Not 100% sure though)
Arcade Lulu (EUNE)
: Just don't Couple nicknames are always cringy af
> [{quoted}](name=Arcade Lulu,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=H147ai9l,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-09T22:36:55.911+0000) > > Just don't > > Couple nicknames are always cringy af Not sure what you have in mind but every couple name I've seen was either pretty cool or hilarious. Also there is are some players who find it cringy af when someone dedicates his names to his main. Each their own I guess.
: [SPOILER] Community Boards Updates
**_*~~Mm~~*_** _**~~mmmm~~**_ _***~~GRAY~~***_ _*~~ON~~*_ _**~~S~~**_
Silent Note (EUNE)
: Why did Riot remove the Live High Elo games and community chat?
For live high elo games I use porofessor, it's pretty much the same as the old spectate function. The public chat beeing missing is a far bigger issue especially during events. But there were some technical issues alongside it I guess, that's why they didn't reimplemented it.
: a mod not defending riot til the end?? what is this sorcery! a honest opinion, a open one, one that dares to speak about flaws and doubts bless thee. other mods take note. p.s i agree.
> [{quoted}](name=Thaakillah,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=3Qat4Ekf,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-01-08T02:50:10.465+0000) > > a mod not defending riot til the end?? > what is this sorcery! > a honest opinion, a open one, one that dares to speak about flaws and doubts > bless thee. > other mods take note. > > p.s i agree. We all bear some grudge against Riot, but there are some individuals that have no concept of constructive criticism or rational argument, so it is attempted to make them realize their behaviour, even if they target Riot with their rant. Since this usually doesn't work, it is tried to minimize the motivation to rant by not enforcing their view with our agreement. But even that might be a flawed approach.
Cryptidian (EUNE)
: But you can now get any champion from the entire pool, not just the ones you own, so having ARAM accounts isn't a thing anymore, yet Xerath is still the most common champion in ARAM:
> [{quoted}](name=Cryptidian,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=9EGKfLER,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-01-05T16:35:02.355+0000) > > But you can now get any champion from the entire pool, not just the ones you own, so having ARAM accounts isn't a thing anymore, yet Xerath is still the most common champion in ARAM: 1. You still can only play and bench Champions you own (+rota). 2. Because those people who play a lot of ARAM tend to have good ARAM Champions, which makes them more likely to be rolled over all. 3. People usually bench the bad things and keep the strong. That's a reason why you see so many strong ARAM Champions in ARAM.
Silent Note (EUNE)
: Our native language isn't English, and we don't want to spam the chat. I don't like it either when other people talk in the chat in all kinds of languages. And even if we talked in English, I still don't think our teammates would appreciate us talking about all kinds of things that are not related to the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Silent Note,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=ceB0NPgO,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-01-05T16:24:18.928+0000) > > Our native language isn't English, and we don't want to spam the chat. I don't like it either when other people talk in the chat in all kinds of languages. > > And even if we talked in English, I still don't think our teammates would appreciate us talking about all kinds of things that are not related to the game. I very much like that thoughtful approach, I think it's a good idea and should definitely be implemented.
: sarcasm or u really didnt know bout it? xd?
I kinda made a whole thread about it, lol. ######Don't tell anyone.
: go on PROFILE in league client,and in right corner u have search box here is pic http://prntscr.com/m2q0qo there you type name of summoner,it will open his profile just like ur and you go to his match history and just download
> [{quoted}](name=kisaragi LaKill,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=uQAr3kew,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2019-01-03T20:29:58.773+0000) > > go on PROFILE in league client,and in right corner u have search box here is pic http://prntscr.com/m2q0qo there you type name of summoner,it will open his profile just like ur and you go to his match history and just download What a ~~life~~ league hack, I feel bad for not knowing it. Thank you very much for sharing.
: > Secondly I'd kindly like to ask, how to do exactly what the commentor did, load a replay from someone who's not in your friendlist, to potentially help clarifying inting bans You don't. That would be public shaming, which is not allowed on these boards (yes, even if the players would deserve it). > and lastly I'm of course still curious why the thread got deleted. Hard to say without knowing which thread it was. The most common reasons for removal are naming & shaming, posting in the wrong sub board or flaming.
>You don't. That would be public shaming, which is not allowed on these boards (yes, even if the players would deserve it). 1. The whole discussion is started by the player who is to be analyzed. 2. This player actively _asks for_ his actions to be analyzed and evaluated _by the community_ It's consent or rather initiative of the player in question. It doesn't even matter if he deserves it, although your response makes me wonder if the boards have a preference to protect players who try to trick people into believing their innocence by disallowing displaying any negative (even if justified) aspects of their actions. >Hard to say without knowing which thread it was. The most common reasons for removal are naming & shaming, posting in the wrong sub board or flaming. The Thread was the [following](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/scqNKr0a-i-got-banned-for-no-reason?). The board was the right one I suppose, there was also no flaming or naming & shaming from the TE as long as I was around.
Rioter Comments
: The impact of a split pusher is pressure not objectives... when you split push getting towers is only a secondary objective, the main plan is to force people to come stop you. You drag a top laner up there and the enemy team has lost their front line allowing your team to roll over them in a fight, drag a mid laner and your team doesn’t have to deal with wave clear during a siege, drag an adc and their team loses most of their damage output in a fight.... drag multiple people to the lane you are in the less your team has to deal with. That’s the power of split pushing, moving pressure away from your team and onto you allowing them to get objectives... you want people to come stop you, you want the enemy team to have to choose between you and your team... without that you don’t accomplish much. If you split push without a team making use of the pressure your generating the enemy team can just rotate to stop or kill you without losing anything in return, if your coordinated with your team the enemy team has to choose between losing one objective or the other. So split pushing requires a lot of team coordination... cause if your team aren’t forcing the enemy team to have to deal with them as well high chance your gonna die to 2-3 people without accomplishing anything.
That's all neat and nice, but from a high elo perspective. In low elo this secondary objective quickly becomes a given one. Because in low elo, if no one volunteerly stops you, they'll not intercept until you're knocking on the inhibitor turret. And even then, some don't even notice until a spam ping happens. Or they come one by one, the support or jungler first because he's usually the only one with map awarness. >The impact of a split pusher is pressure not objectives Also, "pressure" is an equivalent for "threat to take objectives", including some vision and thus map control maybe, but there is just so much vision _one_ person applying pressure can do. The major threat in lategame by a splitpusher, is the threat to take _objectives_. So pressure has objectives as a goal, in high elo you'll usually not reach it because the enemy compromises through interception and thus you'll evaluate the alternatives more, but it's still the goal. Yes, in high elo you'll be intercepted or outtraded objectivewise to 90%, which makes the abstraction of "pressure" of course more common. But the ultimate threat lies still in taking objectives. I think you're kind of neglecting of low Elo, which is basically 80% of the League community and affirmatively the TE too.
: Sudden Death + zilean buff + death timers = game over
Is that a border case or is it relevant to a uncompetitive gamemode?
: Well, returning to the game and actually making up for letting your team down - despite not being deliberately - should be self-explanatory. I doubt Riot does that even as a punishment, but more as a: ok your skill is here, but your reliability is down here, so you should get your ratings down.
It's discouraging returning after beeing afk for ~5 minutes. I wonder why this hasn't been in Ask Riot yet. It's been debated for a long time in the community.
PyroWiild (EUW)
: It makes my game freeze for 3-5 seconds Everytime I click on a champion that got a support item, my screen freezes for like 5 seconds, and I'm expecting the stats display to be the cause. So I want to remove that.
>my screen freezes for like 5 seconds, and I'm expecting the stats display to be the cause. >So I want to remove that. If you in game have less than 3 fps for several seconds, I think your hardware is the cause and the first thing to look at. Also if your hardware is that bad you're prone to having to find workarounds very often and checking all settings in LoL should be an easy feat for you.
xWazzy 2 (EUNE)
: Is Yorick unbeatable If you master him?
> I think that If I master the champion Yorick I can easily climb and stomp the whole silver/gold division. Would it answer your question if I say that a Master player can stomp the whole silver/gold division with _any_ champion?
: Yes but maybe not in low elo... you can still certainly carry but split pushing is a team effort, you need your team creating pressure while you do for it to work... without that you won’t do much. Low elo not many people realise that or even realise why you split push... so it’s less effective. But yorick can be certainly scary when mastered and not many people really understand how to stop him so you can def climb with him... it will just get stronger further up.
> split pushing is a team effort It hurts me to see this. Split pushing is as far as I know the winning method that requires the _least_ amount of team effort possible. It works in low elo _because_ when your team is uncoordinated the enemy team will be most likely too, and that's where the impact of a splitpusher lies. Against coordinated teams it still works _if_ your team coordinates with you properly, but beeing as coordinated as the enemy team should be approximately given in all elos and therefore a given factor for the splitpusher. Either he can rely on his team, or on flaws in the enemy. Both only needs coordination of the splitpusher. I know there are border cases, but I wish to disagree with this claim as much as possible for the scope of SoloQ.
: well teemo has no counterplay since he gets half of ur hp with q and u cant do anything to him cuz ur blinded until he kills u same as yasuo right clicks u , cant kite him cuz of his E,blocks ur aa's by W nop u cant. hecarim booooooooom bich where u goin yi-bb pyke-when u see that thing when he is in his stealth bb xddddddddd
> [{quoted}](name=kisaragi LaKill,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=RE4crjRj,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-12-31T20:44:33.077+0000) > > well teemo has no counterplay since he gets half of ur hp with q and u cant do anything to him cuz ur blinded until he kills u nah m8 u just go 6x {{item:3091}} and u're fine bro.
Shamose (EUW)
: Riot sees your browser tabs.
: Solution for Smurfs!
I have enough hardware ID's to play on all my smurfs :) Also it's not necessarily high elo players that make smurfs and stomp newbs, I'd even say it's the contrary. More Bronze Silver player in total stomp newbs than high elo.
: > [{quoted}](name=MirirPaladin,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=O02bQH0T,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-29T14:57:58.571+0000) > > at least you could counter her... You countered her by not being squishy and instakilling her. Face it, she was extremely binary and really unfun to play against if she got ahead.
I like how you call her binary. I think that fits quite well. It's a do or die, which some would call boring, but I think binary and onedimensional are more precise. It also has the stat check problem to it, because there is no in between. If I recall right Diana is also still in this spectrum.
: I think riot team gone too far with Akali's nerfs and w changes
Even Akali mains begged for nerfs just to get her from the perma ban list. Riot must leave her in a weaker state until she's off.
Silent Note (EUNE)
: Why isn't Nami's R called "TsuNami?"
The joke is in the name Nami. Calling the ultimate the same would ruin it.
: > I regarded them (us) as just one species of many. One that happens to be dominant on this planet for the last maybe 5000 years or so. And that's all there is to it. > You might know better, but for me we're not more worth than any other race that holds itself on this earth and have by no means the tools to judge them. I can see where you are coming from. Correct me if I’m wrong but what you are saying is that we can’t judge another species evolution wise because we are just another species and therefore don’t have the right. I can understand that view point, though I still beleive that seeing flaws in evolution is an important way of proving it... by looking at something that is evolutionarly as stupid as a koala we can help prove evolution, as nothing that isn’t random wouldn’t create something so doomed. > I'm glad to hear that, because for some reason people on the boards do not like to discuss with me. Oh yeah same, I just tend to ignore them and keep discussing, the ones that do stay and chat like you makes it worth it. > You can't tell but you still try to. You evaluate their chances, which is a soft prediction and particularily serves as basis for a real one. I don't see anything wrong with that except that you're not in unison with your claims. This is true... we can make soft predictions... and those predictions are useful in conservation. We can look at trends in adaptations and use them to predict how vulnerable a species is... though that’s still a far grasp from actually plotting evolution and ultimatly we use this data to make sure our predictions never happen. > It's always there in my opinion. We don't have to fight other species like we used to at all anymore, but selection pressure is in my opinion way more general. We now fight ourselves. Disabled people still are less likely to find a mating partner, many other selective rules of the animal kingdom still apply on the human society and we're now our own enemies, the only one who rivals the human atm, is the human. Competition still is there and probably always will be. It's not as radical as it was thousands of years ago though, or atleast doesn't seem like it. True we do have some selective pressures but no where near as much as before, nor sharp enough to cause true evolution. While yes disabled people are less likely to mate they are still able to and society even encourages them to try, we’ve got so many methods in place for finding relationships for people that it’s very possible for a disabled person to mate... we’ve also got IVF and other treatments so that people don’t even need to mate anymore. In wild species a disabled animal is much less likely to survive till they can mate let alone mate, we not only protect them until they can mate but we give them as many tools as possible to successfully mate... it makes selection pressures ineffective. > Ultimatively you'll want to make best use of your work for the sake of the future. That was all the point I was trying to make. This is true... and one of the disappointments of my life (the funding goes to what actually has practical use... which means some of the more fun stuff I could do is less likely to happen)... > By the way, it might be a little awkward, but I've never heard of the term paleontology before, lol. Although I've noticed you writing it strictly as paleotology. Is there any reason behind that? Honestly not many people have heard of the term... I’ve had people even think it was the study of feet. We are talking about evolution and extinction here (mainly), that is very much what paleotology does. Other sciences which study evolution tend to focus on just adaption, how a creature has adapted to their niche... while that’s useful if we are talking about whether koalas are truly stupid or doomed we can’t just look at modern day examples or adaptation... as we know that they are stupid from that. It’s best to look at how their evolution got to this point and whether they could survive... this means looking at fossil evidence... paleotology. And because it’s something that I actually know... so it makes sense to approach this from this angle as it’s one I’m familiar with.
>I can see where you are coming from. Correct me if I’m wrong but what you are saying is that we can’t judge another species evolution wise because we are just another species and therefore don’t have the right. Yeah, so to say.. >Oh yeah same, I just tend to ignore them and keep discussing, the ones that do stay and chat like you makes it worth it. Ahh, that's wholesome for my ears. {{sticker:sg-jinx}} I feel the same way. I actually learned to make short and provocative comments here on the boards that either lead to a discussion in my favor or are satisfying enough themselves to be left unnoticed. It's been a pleasure writing with you. Also you still haven't told me if it is _paleotology_ or _paleontology_!
Show more

A Ryze From Dead

Level 22 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion