Bloopar (EUW)
: stop placing noobs in silver by default
lol... Zed was appointed adc but refused to and forced mid... Velk refused to leave it and decided to int... Then everybody started trolling except zil and me.... The irony is it would have been an easy game if zed didnt troll, they were really bad... Funny there's always this kind of things when I have an easy game lol.... Once again matchmaking decided everything and nothing was left to skill... https://image.ibb.co/n89Yrc/int.jpg
Bloopar (EUW)
: stop placing noobs in silver by default
Troll team vs normal team lol.... On the first game, I ask in the lobby if mid and top are ok to invade blue... No answer... Autists. As I was fkn pissed I told them I'd go anyway... So I start ganking blue, morgana follows... We attack and destroy them, gragas runs away, I go steal their blue and... Morg dives AT LEVEL 1... Of course gragas doesnt die, she does, they kill me. I respawn, start jungling solo, late af. Gragas invades the jung and steals everything. Bot keeps feeding. I have absolutely no room to do anything but feed or afk. At this point it doesn't matter since rito trolled me to s5 so I do stuff on the side until the game finishes. On the second game, I just had a decent team, that's all. They werent even really good, bot went 2/8 but since no lane really trolled I could gank where needed and carry. The difference matchmaking does lol. But yeah, there's no luck involved at all and we're exactly where we belong xD https://image.ibb.co/cFbzxH/nortrol.jpg
Bloopar (EUW)
: stop placing noobs in silver by default
Wow more absolutely uncarryable garbage. Jax was a total %%%%%% who had no clue how to jungle. From the first min, our bot was constantely pushed and I was calling him for easy double kills. The guy was a total autist who stayed in the jungle and kept ganking top... Who ended up being an even worse garbage as you can see. He ganked bot at min... 13... When the lane pushed. A failed gank of course, easily countered by yi. At some point I called for herald, it was a perfect call and that idiot kept pinging me not to and went blue. Thankfully, others followed me and we got it, but because he took so long at blue the ennemy team came contesting it and struck an ace. (and we got ONE kill - told you they were bad) Oriana and varus were ok but not enough to counterweight the 2 plagues rito infected my team with. I really dont know how you guys went diamond except with a huge streak of luck, because clearly you have no clue what you're talking about and this kind of game proves it. Nobody could have carried that. https://image.ibb.co/gY7GSH/garba.jpg
: And seeing divisions are based on skill and not on playtime, it doesn't matter how much time someone has at the game. If someone plays since season 1 and is worse than someone playing since season 8, then he should be lower ranking.
Lol I'm really happy that you finally figured out all that by yourself xD now can we go back to the topic?
Bloopar (EUW)
: Oh you have access to my replays and you're gonna spend time watching them all? How nice!
well you seem a lot more experienced in talking crap then lol
: > [{quoted}](name=Bloopar,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=aIPdNlhT,comment-id=00020000000100010000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-09T21:27:15.186+0000) > > ... So it's valid because the comparison makes sense, to an intelligent mind capable of abstraction, that is. > Zzzzzz do you have more platitudes? > A comparison can only support a point if it is a justified one; the one you made wasn't a correct one and is thus not valid to support the point you were making. > I also have access to gibberish generators, but to me vague generalities are a sign of intellectual degeneracy. Resorting to vague principles due to being incapable of dealing with the issue at hand. There's no need of rhetorics here we're talking about psychological mechanics. > Resorting to the basics of argumentation is necessary if you show that you don't know how to support your opinion. And 'we' are not talking about psychological mechanics. I'm using basic psychology to support the points I'm making. you're using arguments that simply aren't true. > blabla "no its you"... You boasted about psychology and yet you havent provided any psychological insight, even worse you havent grasped the ones I layed out. Torpedosheep did a much better job. If you're refusing to accept basic psychology then the problem is with you, not with me. > Now you're resorting to loop-thinking so it looks like the issue is closed. > That's not loop-thinking though. > wtf I never said that lol is the problem your reading or comprehension skills? > You said that insulting those players reliefs them from their frustrations. Maybe you should think about what you write first > well maybe you should start with understanding yourself before pretending to understand other people xD Maybe you should be able to give a simple answer to a question by just providing an example. So far you were the one that came closest to insulting.
> [{quoted}](name=NU Male official,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=aIPdNlhT,comment-id=000200000001000100000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-09T21:37:37.166+0000) > > A comparison can only support a point if it is a justified one; the one you made wasn't a correct one and is thus not valid to support the point you were making. Ok do you have anything to add to the issue at hand? I can also pontificate on empty rhetorics but it's not going anywhere
Faradeth (EUNE)
: they do though and *elo hell* isnt on low elo cause you guys make so many mistakes we can capitalize on them the real elo hell is diamond 2 + cause even the slightest mistake can cost you lane/game
Let me guess : you are diamond 2? :DDD you guys make so many mistakes us masters easily capitalize on them... ^^ You seem to forget that if all players are bad then by definition they wont profit from mistakes. Because if one team does them, the other team also does. They won't spot them, so they won't react. It's nice when you see a perfect occasion to go baron or to get an inhib, but if the rest of the team is too busy farming to notice pings or recalls because "I just finish my item" then good luck doing that solo.
: >I only want them to change behaviour. I just want to win. I believe that's not quite true. If you actually think rationally about what's going to help you win in any situation, you will **never **come to the conclusion that flaming is the best thing to do. People won't play better if you flame them, it doesn't need a psychologist to figure that out. You flame because you're frustrated about your teammates and want to let off some steam, that might make you feel for a moment, but it's not going to help you in any way. --- >Since we all have a "mute" button easily accessible, I dont see why it should be punished Muting only stops the harassment once someone already started flaming. Just because other people have the possibility to defend themselves doesn't mean you are allowed to attack them. Why do others have to adapt to deal with your misbehavior? ---- >arent video games supposed to provide enjoyment? Yes, and people who flame you for playing bad are the opposite of that. --- >You play well, you get gains. You play bad, you lose stuff. League of Legends is a team game. Sometimes you're going to win because of your team, other times you're going to lose. That's the nature of the game, flaming on the other hand is not.
> [{quoted}](name=Torpedosheep,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=aIPdNlhT,comment-id=000200000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-09T21:31:00.480+0000) > If you actually think rationally about what's going to help you win in any situation, > you will **never **come to the conclusion that flaming is the best thing to do. On what evidence? It looks more like wishful thinking. All the opposite, evidence proves me it works. How do officers lead soldiers?? Do they share free hugs and whisper kind compliments? Or do they scream, order, dominate and even belittle their soldiers, ie "flame"? People hate to lose wars, above all else. If that didn't work, armies wouldnt do it. > People won't play better if you flame them, I've experienced the opposite. You have those guys who tilt and int, but if you can keep it factual and objective-oriented (like "ffs dont attack solo group with the team"), I've found most people change their attitude in the course of the game when they're flamed consistently. The only problem is they report me afterwards :D >it doesn't need a psychologist to figure that out. indeed, a psychologist knows better ^^ > You flame because you're frustrated about your teammates and want to let off some steam, no, thats what I do AFTER the game :D > Muting only stops the harassment once someone already started flaming. > Just because other people have the possibility to defend themselves doesn't mean you are allowed to attack them. Wait, there's worse : people attacking you without any possibility to defend yourself. People who try a new champ in ranked, who int, who grief, and they know you cannot do anything about it and they wont even be punished. > Why do others have to adapt to deal with your misbehavior? Because it's a multiplayer game and we all adapt to each other? I have never flamed anyone who didnt ruin my game in the first place. > Yes, and people who flame you for playing bad are the opposite of that. Then just wait for people who make the game a sure loss! The level of opposition is off the chart > League of Legends is a team game. Sometimes you're going to win because of your team, other times you're going to lose. That's the nature of the game, flaming on the other hand is not. Winning or losing is team-based, but there's no good reason rewards should be. You could win/lose LP, essence etc regardless of the performance of your teammates. Especially when you havent chosent them in the first place. The only reason it's not that way is because it would be hard to design.
: Never said anything that would rely on a black-white point of view. Make sure to call me idiot when you're the one being delusional and refusing to accept that when your arguments are being shut down with facts, that the problem is with you. You're not learning anything, but this entire post is so comedic that it's worth trying to educate you a bit.
missed the point again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
: Win 1v1 lane =/= being better Glad you learnt something new today :D (or just keep being delusional, what works best for you :D)
being better = being better wow be careful with all that learning, your brain cells must not be used to working so hard
: for some verification wether you play as well as you claim to do.
Oh you have access to my replays and you're gonna spend time watching them all? How nice!
: Yup I didn't ever say climbing was about luck. Reread the post again if you don't believe me, and make sure to link where I said climbing was about luck :DDD
Yup I never said you said it. Re read again maybe english lessons would help. smile emoticon ahaha funny
: You're saying something about the game being 9 years old, but there is no correlation between people playing since season 1 and people being generally higher skill level. Yes, most pro players play from earlier season, but most casual players from earlier seasons aren't necessarily better than casual players from now. Hence why I said amount of time played =/= skill level. Hope that made it clear enough :)
> [{quoted}](name=NU Male official,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=K8BGH5gy,comment-id=000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-09T20:55:05.243+0000) > > there is no correlation between people playing since season 1 and people being generally higher skill level Lol seriously, you really need to be informed that 99,9999% of people who spend time on something get better at it? Like SERIOUSLY you needed me to tell you that? I clearly specified *beginners* I cant be clearer; people can play the game since season 1 and lack skills, but absolutely none of them are beginners.
: You seem to not know how arguments work. Making an unjustified generalization isn't how it works. (You also seem to like incorrect things but let's not go too far into that) -The game isn't "perfect", but there is no issue concerning outside factors outside of how well someone players that favor certain players and hinders others. Your own performance matters, and has always mattered in a climbing game.
> [{quoted}](name=NU Male official,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=K8BGH5gy,comment-id=0004000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-09T20:43:51.790+0000) > > You seem to not know how arguments work. lol how do you want me to take you seriously with points like that xDDD
: And back to square one 'my team is holding me back'. If you're better than those golds, you should win both lane and the game, rather than thinking all this game is about is laning phase. You don't win games against those golds, so you don't win against them, easy. Otherwise you'd end up with a 'victory' screen instead of a 'defeat one' :( No wonder you're stuck in silver if you follow that logic.
> [{quoted}](name=NU Male official,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=K8BGH5gy,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-04-09T20:41:31.289+0000) > > If you're better than those golds, you should win both lane and the game, Back to square one indeed. "the system is perfect because it wasnt they why do you lose" xD To win against 5 golds doesn't mean I have to be gold level but 5 times better #quickmaths
: > [{quoted}](name=Bloopar,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=aIPdNlhT,comment-id=000200000001000100000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-04-09T20:01:12.879+0000) > > Damn it's a shame to use words like "invalid comparison" only to make a completely invalid point xD Apparently you cant really follow on the field of psychology despite boasting about it so I'll make it simpler : > *bark bark* "no go water little doggo" ---> little doggo remembers mommy barks when he goes near to the water and he doesn't like to hear mommy bark so he doesn't go in the water. > 1) The point of 'unvalid comparison' is just that your argument is invalid if you can't use a comparison that makes sense. If you provide an unjustified comparison, there's no need to make an extra point other than pointing out the comparison is invalid. 2) You're the one who's unfamiliar with the field of psychology if you think the relation between teammates in an online game is the same as that between parent and offspring. You've got much to learn if you think flaming a teammate has the same impact as a parent shouting at their child. > Wrong again xD. He IS already listening to you because you're flaming him. He just doesnt want to follow the advice. So you have to make him by being consistent. But then that's called flaming and you're banned :D > Nope, you're the one wrong here. Reading what someone's saying and thinking about what someone's saying are two entirely different things (again this is pretty basic). And because letting someone read something without them thinking deeply about it doesn't do anything, flaming is useless. > No at this point the only hope is to lead by example and give simple instructions. > Insults are not meant to change people but only to provide relief from the frustration they provoked. > Insulting someone makes them less frustrated, I'd love to know where you learned psychology. And seeing that giving simple instructions and flaming aren't the same thing, you've yet to make a valid point. > Well it looks like you have no clue how humans work at all and using big words isn't gonna change my impression. > "negativity" is only a projection of your moral views. There's nothing "negative" about stating facts. All the opposite : accurately pointing a mistake offers the person commiting it a valuable insight offering a chance for positive change. > Not telling anything - *that* is negative! Again you're wrong. And I don't need to change your mind seeing that you obviously don't know what you're talking about. "You need to ward the river more" is a more objective way of pointing out a mistake than saying "you are garbage at warding". Adding any insults to the statement isn't going to make it more factual. Flaming isn't about stating facts, it's about insulting. You can perfectly point out someone's mistakes in an accurate way without having to be verbally abusive. > > gratuitous and baseless assertion. It does help : when someone is stupid, it doesnt hurt him - it hurts you. Insulting him helps coping with the enduced frustration :D and the immense majority of people who keep getting insulted doubt about themselves, so it works. When verbal abuse is already something that's not allowed for obvious reasons, there's no reason to make it allowed in certain scenario's because it doesn't help. Nothing gratuitious and baseless, it's just pure logic (which I guess you're having trouble with following). Most people actually don't care about getting insulted in online games enough to start questioning themselves. They usually just mute or report said player, so you're once again wrong on that one. > But if you're so convinced it's pointless, then why are you trying to insult me? :D Where in this conversation have I insulted you? :D
> [{quoted}](name=NU Male official,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=aIPdNlhT,comment-id=0002000000010001000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-04-09T20:18:19.168+0000) > > 1) The point of 'unvalid comparison' is just that your argument is invalid if you can't use a comparison that makes sense. ... So it's valid because the comparison makes sense, to an intelligent mind capable of abstraction, that is. Zzzzzz do you have more platitudes? > If you provide an unjustified comparison, there's no need to make an extra point other than pointing out the comparison is invalid. I also have access to gibberish generators, but to me vague generalities are a sign of intellectual degeneracy. Resorting to vague principles due to being incapable of dealing with the issue at hand. There's no need of rhetorics here we're talking about psychological mechanics. > 2) You're the one blabla "no its you"... You boasted about psychology and yet you havent provided any psychological insight, even worse you havent grasped the ones I layed out. Torpedosheep did a much better job. Now you're resorting to loop-thinking so it looks like the issue is closed. > Insulting someone makes them less frustrated wtf I never said that lol is the problem your reading or comprehension skills? > Where in this conversation have I insulted you? :D well maybe you should start with understanding yourself before pretending to understand other people xD
: I can link games where I had a better score than my team, does that mean that I deserve masters? No, it doesn't, so either accept that you are where you deserve to be. And please don't make me laugh with that first sentence. Or were you serious with speaking the truth? Because that is simply a joke.
The idiot can only think in binary. Everything is either black or white, night or day, bronze or master. You might not believe it, but there's a gradient of nuances between black and white, and a lot of ranks between bronze and master. You're learning a lot today, Im happy to help xD
Pyrosen (EUW)
: Are you going to tell us the account or no?
: XDDD if you can 'carry early' then you should be able to 'carry late', especially if you're as good as you think you are. If you can't, sucks for you, you aren't as good as you think, feels bad to ruin your ego.
win 1v1 =/= winning 1v9 I'm glad you learnt something new today :D
: You should really learn to understand what I'm saying. I didn't say climbing is about luck. I said that if you have a winning streak ended off by a losing streak, there's as much chance of that winning streak being pure luck as that losing streak being pure bad luck. Try to read the entire post before thinking you've got a point my friend ;)
Please try to understand what you say yourself first xD wink wink smart emoticon So you're saying I was lucky from s5 to s1.... Ok alright lets admit that :D... But didnt you say climbing wasnt about luck?
: you're the one who just went off topic my guy, I'd love to stick to the 'issue' (which I hope you mean your own skill with rather than your teammates but I guess being delusional doesn't change with just a few posts) , so why'd you get off track?
Why are you asking me? I'm not in your head, maybe you hoped to achieve some status as a knowledgeable person? Or maybe your reading skills made you skip the word "beginner" that I clearly wrote? You tell me
ShanksFX (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bloopar,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=K8BGH5gy,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-09T20:24:44.075+0000) > > Hold on and rewind - I *do* win against the golds I'm facing. The rest of my team doesn't. Yeah good job, maybe you are good at laning. If you constantly win your lane and cant translate this lead into a win, it just means that you habe absolutly no clue how to play the game afterwards. This game isnt about 1v1s.
Having spatial vision and intuition isnt being "good at laning". But when you tell the team to prepare for the drake and the jungler dies just before because he goes solo, hoping to get a kill for his kda, there's not much you can do as janna.
: if your own mistakes have negligible impact then you wouldn't be silver. You're silver, so you are to blame for that. That's quite simple isn't it? (not as simple as blaming your team but ah well.)
You seem to like simple things so I'll give you only 2 choices, you tell me which one looks the most simple to you: -"the game is perfect because I win" -"there's a set of issues in the game mechanics and the ranking system that favors some players and hinders others, based on factors outside of how well they play"
: Amount of time played =/= skill level.
hamburgers =/= hotdogs can we stick to things relevant to the issue pls thx
: your 'experience' has only led you up to silver (or was it the illusion that your teams hold you back? ). The only thing vouching for you is your silver elo, which by no standards is high gold. If you'd be better than most low golds you meet, you'd win most games against those players and thus gain elo until you actually got higher up than they. Seeing you didn't manage to do that, you're probably not the skill level you claim to be. Accepting that will do wonders, but feel free to make excuses and blame your team all you want.
Hold on and rewind - I *do* win against the golds I'm facing. The rest of my team doesn't.
: That face when you can't accept you make mistakes so all you can do is blame it on your team.
tfw you realize that guy said the truth and now you're not sure if earth is round or flat. Oh, screw it, let's stick with "you're silver because you're not better than your team, the system is perfect" xDDD https://image.ibb.co/kxMC1c/thetru.jpg
Pyrosen (EUW)
: JG is the easiest role to carry with, you literally control the game up until 25 minutes Show us the account you're on and I'm pretty sure we can tell you the issues you're having lol
lol let me guess - "you didnt place a ward at the exact second it was available, that explains everything" xDDD
: A game's more than just about early. Maybe try to carry late instead of shoving it off as their fault for ruining it ;)
> [{quoted}](name=NU Male official,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=K8BGH5gy,comment-id=00030000000200000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-04-09T19:17:03.609+0000) > > A game's more than just about early. Let me make an educated guess : I might be wrong there, but chances are that's why I added the average idiots I'm paired with ruin the game later. xDDD
: Maybe you should stop thinking you can objectively review your own gameplay. Unless you watched replays of the games you lost, there's no telling you played exactly the same as every game is different. Another option is, one that's often overlooked and you'll probably find impossible since it would imply something negative about your skill (which is obviously not possible, right?), is that there's as much of a chance of that 72%wr being pure luck as that losing streak being pure bad luck. Anyway, climbing is always in your control.
> [{quoted}](name=NU Male official,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=K8BGH5gy,comment-id=0003000000020000000000010000,timestamp=2018-04-09T19:14:17.814+0000) > > there's as much of a chance of that 72%wr being pure luck Wait - did you just say climbing was luck? Wow imudjeans mah shark.
: Whenever you give feedback to people, intentions play a huge role! Negative feedback is something very delicate, whether it's between teammates, colleagues or even your friends and family. It can easily go the wrong way if people don't actually give criticism with the best intentions. A lot of that is basic psychology, nobody is going to listen to a stranger telling them how bad they are, to put it very simple. --- Criticism ingame hardly ever has good intentions. People point out others' mistakes to feel better about themselves, or to blame the loss on someone, not to actually help them improve. Sure it sucks when people write you off as a flamer, I've been there. But most people who "just want to give feedback" are actually jerks writing it for the reasons mentioned above.
> [{quoted}](name=Torpedosheep,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=aIPdNlhT,comment-id=0002000000010000,timestamp=2018-04-09T16:17:19.213+0000) > Negative feedback is something very delicate totally agree > Criticism ingame hardly ever has good intentions. When I flame a jungler because he's been afk farming for 15mins, or that janna supp who keeps split pushing and missing teamfights, I only want them to change behaviour. So I wouldnt say I have "good" intentions, but not "bad" either. I just want to win. > People point out others' mistakes to feel better about themselves, or to blame the loss on someone, not to actually help them improve. Since we all have a "mute" button easily accessible, I dont see why it should be punished... If someone wants to waste their time and opportunity to improve then why punish him? That's his loss. It's probably more important for him than the rest, on the very moment, and arent video games supposed to provide enjoyment? That's why I'd like to see game editors focus more on making people happy than controlling their behaviour. You play well, you get gains. You play bad, you lose stuff.
: > [{quoted}](name=Bloopar,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=aIPdNlhT,comment-id=0002000000010001000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-09T18:34:14.910+0000) > > Have you seen how humans and animals educate their children? They yell at them. They bark, they hiss. > If that was stupid, why would that behaviour have lasted for millions of years and kept individuals alive while others went extinct? Because it's not stupid, it's efficient. Good thing raising offspring and coaching are two entirely different things, so once again I see you make a completely invalid comparison. > We play games because we want to feel good. Killing the ennemy feels good. Dying doesnt. When we die, we want revenge. A bad player will rush in and throw everything he has in hope he'll get that dopamine rush from a kill. It becomes an obsession, which of course results in feeding and snowball deaths. > Then he gives up. "whatever it's lost anyway". > Flaming someone intends in shaking him up to get his mind off the obsession of trying again and again the same thing. Just like, in the army, they yell at you to prevent crippling thoughts (like fear, doubt) to settle in. Flaming someone who is already in a 'tilted' state of mind will in almost no situation cause him to actually think about the situation and say 'maybe I should listen to this guy', mainly because they don't see their teammates as 'superior', and flaming won't change that. If someone is already thinking a game is over, he'll have no reason to even think about playing to win again just because someone on his team insults him. > And what are we doing, if not virtual skirmishes? > Flaming works because it takes people's attention away from a spiral of failure and sets them off a more positive rail. That is, when it's driven towards victory. Being negative towards someone sets them towards a more negative rail, which isn't driven towards victory. You seriously need to work on your basic psychology. > Of course insulting people just for the sake of relief isnt helping much. Yet if people are allowed to go 3/12 then I dont see why we shouldnt be allowed to insult them. We shouldn't be allowed to insult them because it doesn't help, and is thus treated the same as insulting someone who is going 12/3.
> [{quoted}](name=NU Male official,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=aIPdNlhT,comment-id=00020000000100010000000000000001,timestamp=2018-04-09T18:45:33.841+0000) > > Good thing raising offspring and coaching are two entirely different things, so once again I see you make a completely invalid comparison. Damn it's a shame to use words like "invalid comparison" only to make a completely invalid point xD Apparently you cant really follow on the field of psychology despite boasting about it so I'll make it simpler : *bark bark* "no go water little doggo" ---> little doggo remembers mommy barks when he goes near to the water and he doesn't like to hear mommy bark so he doesn't go in the water. > Flaming someone who is already in a 'tilted' state of mind will in almost no situation cause him to actually think about the situation and say 'maybe I should listen to this guy' Wrong again xD. He IS already listening to you because you're flaming him. He just doesnt want to follow the advice. So you have to make him by being consistent. But then that's called flaming and you're banned :D >If someone is already thinking a game is over, he'll have no reason to even think about playing to win again just because someone on his team insults him. No at this point the only hope is to lead by example and give simple instructions. Insults are not meant to change people but only to provide relief from the frustration they provoked. > Being negative towards someone sets them towards a more negative rail, which isn't driven towards victory. You seriously need to work on your basic psychology. Well it looks like you have no clue how humans work at all and using big words isn't gonna change my impression. "negativity" is only a projection of your moral views. There's nothing "negative" about stating facts. All the opposite : accurately pointing a mistake offers the person commiting it a valuable insight offering a chance for positive change. Not telling anything - *that* is negative! > We shouldn't be allowed to insult them because it doesn't help gratuitous and baseless assertion. It does help : when someone is stupid, it doesnt hurt him - it hurts you. Insulting him helps coping with the enduced frustration :D and the immense majority of people who keep getting insulted doubt about themselves, so it works. But if you're so convinced it's pointless, then why are you trying to insult me? :D
: it's called looking past other people's mistakes. Not taking blame for them, but looking at your own mistakes as well rather than just your team.
Why do that when my own mistakes have a negligible impact? Place blame where it's due My mistakes are like "oh no I shielded the wrong guy in the teamfight because they were too close", their mistakes are like "oh no the jungler spent the 15 first minutes afk farming"
: By definition it's safest to assume that any given player has the most chance to be averaged skill level.
That definition is useless, because when a game is 9 year old, the average player is probably not a beginner.
: > [{quoted}](name=Bloopar,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=K8BGH5gy,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-09T18:12:58.335+0000) > > Thats the problem. I'm currently silver 4 while playing like a HIGH gold. It's completely stupid to pair an experience and skilled player like me with absolute idiots who have no clue what they're doing. > If you play like high gold and know what you are doing you should get out of silver. If you can't climb out it simply means you're not as good as you think you are. > Yeah no lol. I got placed s4 on every single account for 2,5 years. Yes, I got the exact same placement when I started the game with a cs of 1 per hour and average of 10 deaths per game, as 2 months ago with a high gold level. Lol nice adjustments xDDD What are your claims of 'playing like high gold' based off?
> [{quoted}](name=NU Male official,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=K8BGH5gy,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-09T18:17:12.052+0000) > What are your claims of 'playing like high gold' based off? From experience! When you play better than most high silvers and low golds you meet then it can only meet you're worth a higher rank in terms of skills
: They actually do. And there's no such thing as 'elo hell' where you have to rely on your team to get out.
> [{quoted}](name=NU Male official,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=K8BGH5gy,comment-id=00030000000200000001,timestamp=2018-04-09T18:15:48.067+0000) > > there's no such thing as 'elo hell&#x27 lol tf when you dont see the sun because it burnt your eyes
Pyrosen (EUW)
: "You went 23 - 0 on Darius? Psh... You got lucky with your team..."{{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
Indeed he would never go 23-0 against me lol
Pyrosen (EUW)
: http://prntscr.com/j2zr8c Silver is hard memes If you are good enough you can single handedly carry games, if you aren't well then you've found your elo Yours seems to be silver
Yeah I dont play those champs, I play support or jungle. I carry early then they ruin. But maybe you have tricks to make people stop chasing and go where you tell them to, please share your magic.
: Gosu does it multiple times. Nightblue does it aswell, IWD I believe also did it(just to name streamers) me myself have done it multiple times with a winrate over 80%. But I guess we all just have luck with teammates T_T
I had a winrate of 72% and got to s1 placements. Then suddenly for absolutely zero reason on my part I lost 20 games and now I'm s5 with 25% winrate. Let me be clear : I did not change ANYTHING to what I was doing. I kept playing the same champs, the same role, the same way. I dont tilt, I dont drink, I dont lag. I'm consistent like a Swiss watch. So I see only 2 explanations : -the matchmaking system adjusted to my good results and gave me worse teammates with better ennemies (at one point I had a game against diamond players). But then why did it %%%% me down to s5? -just pure bad luck. In any case that's not related to skill but random factors out of my reach..
Scrinnid (EUNE)
: You should start in bronze by your own logic.
Indeed, where is the problem? And it doesn't have to be mandatory; good players could start higher, there are enough stats to get some idea of a player's skills in 10 games. Just, the default start would be bronze. How is that not fair?
Bloopar (EUW)
: Have you seen how humans and animals educate their children? They yell at them. They bark, they hiss. If that was stupid, why would that behaviour have lasted for millions of years and kept individuals alive while others went extinct? Because it's not stupid, it's efficient. We play games because we want to feel good. Killing the ennemy feels good. Dying doesnt. When we die, we want revenge. A bad player will rush in and throw everything he has in hope he'll get that dopamine rush from a kill. It becomes an obsession, which of course results in feeding and snowball deaths. Then he gives up. "whatever it's lost anyway". Flaming someone intends in shaking him up to get his mind off the obsession of trying again and again the same thing. Just like, in the army, they yell at you to prevent crippling thoughts (like fear, doubt) to settle in. And what are we doing, if not virtual skirmishes? Flaming works because it takes people's attention away from a spiral of failure and sets them off a more positive rail. That is, when it's driven towards victory. Of course insulting people just for the sake of relief isnt helping much. Yet if people are allowed to go 3/12 then I dont see why we shouldnt be allowed to insult them.
Hope that little psychological analysis helped you understanding better :D
: I don't see how "hey lee you're garbage at this game play safer" will make said player play better in the game, but correct me if I'm wrong on that one. Being constructive and not actually insulting someone works better than straight out being toxic. If you want an actual psychological analysis for why something so logical works, let me know.
Have you seen how humans and animals educate their children? They yell at them. They bark, they hiss. If that was stupid, why would that behaviour have lasted for millions of years and kept individuals alive while others went extinct? Because it's not stupid, it's efficient. We play games because we want to feel good. Killing the ennemy feels good. Dying doesnt. When we die, we want revenge. A bad player will rush in and throw everything he has in hope he'll get that dopamine rush from a kill. It becomes an obsession, which of course results in feeding and snowball deaths. Then he gives up. "whatever it's lost anyway". Flaming someone intends in shaking him up to get his mind off the obsession of trying again and again the same thing. Just like, in the army, they yell at you to prevent crippling thoughts (like fear, doubt) to settle in. And what are we doing, if not virtual skirmishes? Flaming works because it takes people's attention away from a spiral of failure and sets them off a more positive rail. That is, when it's driven towards victory. Of course insulting people just for the sake of relief isnt helping much. Yet if people are allowed to go 3/12 then I dont see why we shouldnt be allowed to insult them.
: You need to understand that you are part of a team and that you also need to take a brunt of the blame. If you cannot do so, then you will never climb.
That's the kind of principles that keep people from understanding what they're doing. "Omg this yas went 0/8 top in 9 mins when I was adc, it must be my fault". yeah no.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
... And by definition a beginner is not "average".
Pyrosen (EUW)
: Your default MMR is around Silver 4. It is then adjusted according to how you play in your placements if it's your first time in them, if you lose 10 times then you're B5 lol
> [{quoted}](name=Pyrosen,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=K8BGH5gy,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-09T16:40:45.243+0000) > > Your default MMR is around Silver 4. Thats the problem. I'm currently silver 4 while playing like a HIGH gold. It's completely stupid to pair an experience and skilled player like me with absolute idiots who have no clue what they're doing. > It is then adjusted according to how you play in your placements if it's your first time in them, if you lose 10 times then you're B5 lol Yeah no lol. I got placed s4 on every single account for 2,5 years. Yes, I got the exact same placement when I started the game with a cs of 1 per hour and average of 10 deaths per game, as 2 months ago with a high gold level. Lol nice adjustments xDDD
: How come smurfs manages to get out of silver with ease? I guess ALL smurfs just have decent teammates. Can't possibly be that the smurf doesnt belong in silver... So if you dont belong in silver you will get out of it.
> [{quoted}](name=MsSlayMeDaddy,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=K8BGH5gy,comment-id=000300000002,timestamp=2018-04-09T17:50:33.205+0000) > > How come smurfs manages to get out of silver with ease? They dont lol. The only way to get out of elo hell is to play the right champs and get the right teams
: Players that are stuck in silver wouldn't be there if they would stop being delusional and blaming their team instead of focusing on their own mistakes.
> [{quoted}](name=NU Male official,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=K8BGH5gy,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2018-04-09T16:41:52.190+0000) > > Players that are stuck in silver wouldn't be there if they would stop being delusional and blaming their team instead of focusing on their own mistakes. LOL. Reality disagrees. https://image.ibb.co/c1pUwc/lol.jpg
: There's a difference between pointing out someone's mistakes in a constructive way and flaming.
"constructive way" I know how you intend it and it's a myth. "hey lee you're doing good but maybe your safety could be improved a bit. Could you work on that?" doesnt work with 12yos. Unless you keep repeating it every day for months. Do you want games to last 4 months?
Pyrosen (EUW)
: Good players aren't in silver lol
> [{quoted}](name=Pyrosen,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=K8BGH5gy,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-04-09T16:23:16.995+0000) > > Good players aren't in silver lol they wouldnt if they had decent teammates
Antenora (EUW)
: New accounts and players should automatically be placed in Bronze 5 in my opinion.
Or just evaluated correctly... It's not hard to tell someone isnt worth silver when his data is consistently super bad for 10 games... No bronze ever gets to 300 farms for ex...
: What you seem to ignore is the reason for this ... It's not that Riot doesn't care about players feeding or going afk. Of course they care, it directly impacts customer satisfaction! But how do you tell a feeder from a bad player? How do you tell someone going afk from someone who has to leave due to an emergency? --- Punishing these things accurately, with no false positives is a challenge to overcome. Flaming is a much simpler kind of harmful behavior, if you tell someone to kill themselves, that's not okay, that doesn't just accidentally happen.
> [{quoted}](name=Torpedosheep,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=aIPdNlhT,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-04-09T14:43:49.611+0000) > How do you tell someone going afk from someone who has to leave due to an emergency? How is it our concern? Last time I checked, Riot wasnt a nurse, but a service provider. And a such, their first duty is to provide a reliable and satisfactory service. That's the first priority. If someone ruins the service, they should not be allowed to access it, and that's the first rule. IF a company has the option to tell why a customer has ruined the service and whether it would pose a problem in the future or not, THEN ONLY it can treat them differently. And even if someone has a good reason but the problem keeps occuring, they cannot be served either. In lol's case, riot can tell if someone intentionally afk or not in many cases (I already explained that lengthly). Still, if someone keeps afking, there's no reason they should be allowed to play. Whether it's because they have anger issues or they're saints giving their bloods to orphans. It's just like if you went to a restaurant and one guy was being assaulted. He's probably a victim who should have his meal refunded and other customers pardon theirs being ruined. But if the same guy keeps going to the same restaurant, and a fight ensues everytime, even if he's not provoking anything (for ex, he's related to a gang member and goes to the wrong neighbourhood), then the owners cannot let him in for the safety of their customers. Even if he did nothing wrong himself.
Show more

Bloopar

Level 41 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion