: Is there much you can do as Karthus vs. Akali?
You just lose when fighting her but you're more useful in fights. You want to do your best to keep the wave under your tower (she can't 100-0 you under tower).
: New keystone for Yasuo?
Conqueror is still the best rune for Yasuo. The only other rune I would consider is Fleet Footwork. Lethal Tempo is too slow and Yasuo does not really need the attack speed outside of his core items because he isn't as reliant on attack speed as other carries past a certain point.
so bád (EUNE)
: Hold on. I understand that it is your job to defend Riot, since you're one of them, but your statement seem to be untrue, as well. Tell me which kind of weaknesses we're talking about right now? Name me a few then. On the other hand, there are a mind game thing, and technically outplaying your opponent can be possible with any champion ever, but what if it's pure skill matchup and your opponent's champion surpasses yours, in terms of balance? Isn't it annoying? Surely unfair. This, however, still doesn't changes the fact that cc is atrociously enormous in this game nowadays, and has subsequently grew bigger due to the fact that there aren't any other 'toolkit' in an inventory of League of Legends to counter-play the opponent other than using another cc fueled ability, which is the only thing you can do to succeed. Which is why LCS is literally filled with tanks, so overboring to watch the full games anymore, and tank meta in a nutshell, meaning, in order to win the game, you 'must-pick' them goddamn tanks, or make one as tanky as possible. Isn't it why most people quit the game? There is no fun in League anymore, game only demands and requires you to play with orders. What's that? Is it a game or a political doctrine of some kind?
> I understand that it is your job to defend Riot, since you're one of them My job is not to defend Riot. I am a relatively high elo player (compared to the average person) and I play a lot of league. This is my opinion of recent champions coming out. I have absolutely no issues giving criticism where criticism is due. > Tell me which kind of weaknesses we're talking about right now? Name me a few then. Give me a champion and sure > This, however, still doesn't changes the fact that cc is atrociously enormous in this game nowadays Anecdotally CC feels more fair these days rather than back in the days of season 2 since there's barely any point and click CC (indeed, maybe champions that are strong are strong because vthey have point and click CC which makes them problematic to balance for pro play. See: Ryze, Lissandra) > Legends to counter-play the opponent other than using another cc fueled ability, which is the only thing you can do to succeed because nearly all CC is now a skillshot you can dodge it using a mobility skill or just juking > Which is why LCS is literally filled with tanks, It wasn't for a long time (and still isn't). I only see a handful of tanks - namely support tanks (because for quite a while ADCs were not strong so taking an enchanter wasn't a good idea), Sion, Sejuani and Zac > tank meta in a nutshell We have not been in a tank meta for a *long* time and I'd still say we aren't in one > There is no fun in League anymore, game only demands and requires you to play with orders. What's that? Is it a game or a political doctrine of some kind? The game has always been more effective if you play with shotcalling and it always will be. URF and Nexus Blitz are the best examples of a game that has very little macro play and is all about team death match, but Summoners Rift is not that.
KumBukt (EUNE)
: having a spammable 600 damage passive with lich bane and a shield-knockup-dash ability(?) plus the chance of stealing your ultimate(i'm pretty sure yall played against a sylas with zilean on ur team and im pretty sure it was hella fun right) makes me think like what does he not have? he could be considered an offtank he has like 3k hp late, he has a dash plus another one if he steals an ulti like zeds(making it 3 actually) and a shield that saves his life everytime edit: oh i also forgt zhonyas is a must for him, and yall know what happens after he gets out of the zhonyas, you gotta shred a 500k hp shield and just when u think hes dead he actually heals for another 600 while u get one shot, it's just hilarious guys his heal is not the only thing wrong with his kit. now imagine having to deal with this including 4 other people on the enemy team, isn't that fun cuz im surely having a blast everytime i play against him considering his kit requires 2 working braincells to operate yet having such a high payoff
His passive doesn't deal 600 damage. His auto attack with his passive and lich bane does 600 damage to its primary target - the lich bane wont apply to secondary hits of his passive. > makes me think like what does he not have? reliable ranged harass, the ability to engage from behind the minion line (unless he steals a good ult, he has to waste at least one passive proc and his shield to get in range of you) he's really not nearly as op as you say he is :P
: yeah 0-20 base heal off wohoo.
That's pretty big considering it doubles to 40 on his empowered heal.
PhoPhoW (EUW)
: Who's at work right now but is checking LoL Forum like me?
Playerh8a (EUW)
: Thanks for the responses as that has cleared a lot of my questions. Riot ARedHerring thanks for the super amount of information as that's really going to help me play the character correctly. So many things i was doing wrong that i can now correct. I guess my next line of thinking is where should i be playing Master Yi? Middle? Bottom? I got the feeling from my games last night that he is more a "wait until they are near then and pounce" kinda character. Once close they are in trouble. I thought teamed up rather than solo worked well. From a gear perspective i pushed for Attack Damage, Then Attack Speed, Then Crit & finally Life Steal. I added in some HP for defense. Thanks again for the assistance
As Doom emissary said, Master Yi is commonly played in the jungle (You'll need to hit level 9 for this to be effective, since to jungle you *need* smite). This is because he doesn't really do well in melee combat with other opponents early on in the game and he isn't able to do much versus ranged opponents. Master Yi has bonus damage to monsters on his Q which makes him farming a lot more effective there, too. You're on the right lines with how you think you should play Yi - Yi is not someone who should be running into a fight head first unless he has a significant advantage. He's much better at waiting until the opponent team has used some of their critical abilities, like crowd control, before entering the fight with Highlander. After a couple of items though he can shred through most opponents because his DPS is really high. At level 12, you'll be able to change your keystone rune. Master Yi can be really effective with the Conqueror rune due to the bonus Attack Damage and true damage it gives. In terms of items, most Master Yi players don't build that much Attack Damage, Lifesteal or Critical Strike at the moment. Critical Strike paths are a little on the weak side right now and they scale multiplicatively - That means that they become exponentially stronger with each additional item compared to other build paths, but it does also mean that a Critical Strike based build will be weaker early game compared to other builds. Most Master Yi players at the moment build attack speed items with a damage bonus on hit. A common build might be the Challenging Smite/Devourer enchant, Guinsoos Rageblade and then Blade of the Ruined King. This gives a lot of damage based on the targets maximum health which Yi can apply very quickly thanks to his passive, attack speed bonuses and the Rageblade passive. So, I would recommend that build. Again, you'll need level 9 to make this build work, because you can only build Challenging Smite if you have Smite as your summoner spell and are jungling - and you unlock Smite at level 9.
Playerh8a (EUW)
: First Post - Newbie Random Questions - Master Yi
Hey, welcome to League of Legends! I'm glad you've found some champions you enjoy playing already :) - Alpha Strike is what's called a **targetted ability**. If you hover over a target (champion, minion or monster) and then press Q, if you're not already in range of the target then Master Yi will walk toward the target until he is in range and then he will cast the ability. You only need to click the ability once to use it. However, if you activate another ability or issue a movement/attack command (aka right clicking on the ground or a target), then this will cancel your Q order if it wasn't already cast. - After you use Alpha Strike, you will begin attacking the target you used Alpha Strike on once the animation finished, assuming the target did not die during the animation. Fun fact, if the target dies during the animation of Alpha Strike then you will appear at your original location. This mechanic was ~~ab~~used by [Alex Ich at IPL5 when playing AP Yi mid lane](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XruILpU6EQU)! Yi has changed quite a bit since then and I would not recommend playing AP Yi now. - Wuju Style passively increases your attack damage by a percentage of your total attack damage. That means that the more attack damage you have, the more powerful the passive becomes - If you have 100 AD, you will gain 10 extra attack damage, which means 10 more damage on your auto attacks or Alpha Strike. If you have 200 AD, this increases to 20 damage, and so on. When you activate Wuju Style, you will instead deal bonus True Damage on your auto attacks and that True Damage is increased by a percentage of your *bonus* attack damage. This is a little mathy and complicated right now. I'd recommend revisiting the difference between Bonus Attack Damage, Attack Damage as well as the various damage types (True/Physical/Magic) at a later date. The optimum use of Wuju Style depends on what items you are building and the targets you are hitting, but *generally* you should activate Wuju Style when you need to deal a burst of damage. This is almost always the case when you're fighting champions. The important thing is to make sure that you can make the most out of Wuju Style after you activate it - It's got a 5 second duration, so you really need to be able to dish out the most amount of auto attacks you can in those 5 seconds! Try to combine it with your ultimate, Highlander, and try using it *after* you've used your Alpha Strike and when the opponent has few ways of interrupting your attacks. If you use it as soon as you get into a fight, you will get crowd controlled (stunned, rooted) by your opponents and you'll likely be unable to hit them, which will waste the buff and make it significantly harder to kill anyone. It's cooldown is pretty long as well - most fights in League don't last 14 seconds - so make sure that you make it count. - Highlander is a *self buff*, not a targeted ability, so you don't necessarily need to be targeting an enemy to activate it. It makes you move faster, makes you immune to slows and significantly increases your attack speed. It's a very large damage boost and you should aim to use it in most fights against a champion! Highlander has its duration extended by 7 seconds every time you get a takedown (kill or assist) while the buff is active, which can make cleaning up fights really easy once people start falling. The key to playing Yi will be about working out how to be able to hit opponents as much as you can while making sure you don't get hit by the opponent's crowd control. You can dodge most crowd control by timing your Q correctly. Once their crowd control is down, they have nothing to stop you and you can go to down with Wuju Style and Highlander! I hope this answers your questions. Feel free to ask more :)
Ulkusus (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot ARedHerring,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=7AYOEnxc,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-19T19:39:34.950+0000) > > I don't think that's really true of any of the most recently designed champions. Each of them have clear strong and weak points. What else would you suggest against Zoe either nuking your adc from over two walls with just R-Q or her using all your summoner spells and active items against your team?
1) ward against her 2) hard engage on her 3) get a tank to body block 4) aim your CC at her R location 5) dodge her e
: yea .. i agree newer champions are literaly designed with no aparent counterplay outside of "just cc and burst them" older champions were made with the idea that they can be beaten .. while newer champions are just made with the idea of putting as many anoying-to-deal-with mechanics as possible in one kit ..
> newer champions are literaly designed with no aparent counterplay outside of "just cc and burst them" I don't think that's really true of any of the most recently designed champions. Each of them have clear strong and weak points.
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot ARedHerring,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=9EjTE721,comment-id=00040000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-14T13:24:15.362+0000) > > There were two changes he received to his W. > > One was to change it so that he could no longer spawn Voidlings at a target location. > > The other increased the delay of Voidling spawning after issuing a W command in 7.3, which is what killed his support. > > My mistake, I got the change order mixed up. The change you're talking about was in 7.11, but he was played as a support prior to 7.3. Sure, but you can't possibly argue that that specific change killed his support potential. It's an extremely simple way to look at the game. We could agree on the fact that the change was extremely impactful and a big reason that he wasn't played support after that. That being said, arguing that it was the only thing that removed him from the role just isn't correct.
> Sure, but you can't possibly argue that that specific change killed his support potential Yes, I can and will. That's exactly what removed him from the support role for most players.
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot ARedHerring,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=9EjTE721,comment-id=000400000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-08T19:32:35.128+0000) > > Malz was played as a support after this change Yes, he was but that is the only actual W change he received in his time as a support. The change you mentioned, as far as I know, does not exist. So if he was still played in the botlane after the change, your argument as to why he wasn't played in support doesn't really apply, does it?
> Yes, he was but that is the only actual W change he received in his time as a support. The change you mentioned, as far as I know, does not exist. There were two changes he received to his W. One was to change it so that he could no longer spawn Voidlings at a target location. The other increased the delay of Voidling spawning after issuing a W command in 7.3, which is what killed his support. My mistake, I got the change order mixed up. The change you're talking about was in 7.11, but he was played as a support prior to 7.3.
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot ARedHerring,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=9EjTE721,comment-id=0004000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-03T20:36:07.371+0000) > > I specifically said solo lanes, not mid :) Fair enough. > > He is flexed in top and support usually in competitive play to not reveal picks. With most of his picks being in the support. Point still stands. > > The only thing that changed about him to 'force' him out of support was stopping him from being able to use his W to block skillshots immediately. If that was the entire utility he had in bot lane then maybe he wasn't a great support after all In addition to multiple base, ratio and cd nerfs over the patches that came after that change. In fact, the change wasn't that they introduced delay which would be logical. They straight up changed how the ability worked by making voidlings spawn out of Malzahar instead of in target location (these nerfs hit Midlane Malzahar as well). In addition to that, there are still supports and even champions played in AD role that are able to do the same as old Malzahar's voidlings - Heimerdinger, Zyra. Therefore, if one champion gets nerfed / changed because of that and others do not, I consider it "forceful removal". I'm pretty sure you can argue Zyra's case as her skillshot blocking requires a bit of delay but then again, they could've introduced delay on Malzahars voidlings and the problem would be solved (if we accept, that it was the only reason he was viable).
Malz was played as a support after this change > They straight up changed how the ability worked by making voidlings spawn out of Malzahar instead of in target location (these nerfs hit Midlane Malzahar as well).
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot ARedHerring,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=9EjTE721,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-31T15:30:14.492+0000) > > No, he's saying what he is saying (which is correct): it is, generally speaking, more advantageous to take an AP carry in a lane with solo experience unless there's a good reason not to. Nearly all AP mages are taken in solo lanes. The mages taken in bot/jungle are taken for specific reasons. > > Jungle > --- > Eve: Camouflage, good jungle clear, too weak to be a laner (no range, poor waveclear) > Elise: Powerful level 3 ganks, no waveclear, generally a weak 1v1 unless she gets the jump on you > Gragas: Powerful ganker, great jungle clear. He can also be taken in a lane position but is usually taken in jungle due to how impactful his early game is. > Diana: Rarely played. No good reason to take her in jungle over mid lane over other picks. I'd personally consider jungle diana off meta/bad. > Ekko: Powerful ganks and utility even with low income. Respectable clear thanks to AoE + W passive. Still off meta, but off meta does not necessarily equate to bad. > Fiddlesticks: Poor waveclear for mid, but great utility make him a good support or jungle pick. > > > Bot > --- > > Most mages taken bot lane were taken due to nerfs to ad carries and adc scaling. > > Ziggs: Extremely powerful turret pressure and outpushes most bot lanes which gives dragon control and control of the bottom quadrant > Vladimir: Beat most ADCs during the mid season rework because of the ADC nerfs. Scales very well with items so he doesn't necessarily feel too bad if he's behind in levels somewhat > Mordekaiser: (if you consider him a mage - he's certainly AP) has a passive which means he doesn't have to worry about splitting XP > Swain: His E makes immobile ADCs sad. Definitely a kill lane. Your first point feels a bit wrong. It isn't more advantegeous to pick an AP champion in Mid. It all depends on the Composition. If you have an AP Tank on Top and an AP Jungler, picking a Mage in Mid is a suicide as you give the enemy team free itemization advantage therefore there is no advantage in picking one. In addition to that, Mages are mostly played in Mid because they cannot survive elsewhere. They get smashed by most Toplaners and the lane length makes them vulnerable to the simplest ganks. Jungle minions destroy most Mages except the ones that are designed to be played in jungle. They cannot replace ADC's as ADC's are just more useful to a team than Mages. Support can fit Mages with CC beautifully so those that have CC are played there. So Mages are put where they can actually function and only if the Meta allows them to. Because Meta has been tailored to Mages for a long time mostly in the way of nerfing Assassins as much as possible and limiting the Magic Resist itemization, Mages can function in Mid quite well. --- AP champions are taken in jungle because of Compositional reasons just like AD champions are. It has nothing to do with specific champions. Also, arguing that Eve and Elise cannot be played in solo lanes is just foolish. They are designed to be played in the Jungle. Obviously they will function best in the Jungle. Diana is just a bad champion in most cases. Ekko is better as a Sololaner but then again he is an AP Assassin so categorizing him with Mages isn't necessarily honest. Just to add to Gragas, he is being played in Support as well. We can agree on Fiddlesticks. --- Sure, some Mages were there because ADC's were awful. However, there were a lot more Mages being played in ADC and Support role than the ones you mentioned. Brand, Xerath, Heimerdinger, Gragas, Annie, Kennen, Morgana, Lux and Zyra are all champions that get picked in the botlane. Malzahar was played in Support long before ADC's were nerfed only for him to be forced out by Riot. Saying that Mages got picked in Bot just because ADC's were garbage is just wrong. Understand that I'm not trying to argue who's right. At this point, I'm just arguing because it seems like a great opportunity to learn.
> Your first point feels a bit wrong. It isn't more advantegeous to pick an AP champion in Mid. It all depends on the Composition. If you have an AP Tank on Top and an AP Jungler, picking a Mage in Mid is a suicide as you give the enemy team free itemization advantage therefore there is no advantage in picking one. I specifically said solo lanes, not mid :) > Just to add to Gragas, he is being played in Support as well. He is flexed in top and support usually in competitive play to not reveal picks. > Malzahar was played in Support long before ADC's were nerfed only for him to be forced out by Riot The only thing that changed about him to 'force' him out of support was stopping him from being able to use his W to block skillshots immediately. If that was the entire utility he had in bot lane then maybe he wasn't a great support after all
: > [{quoted}](name=VIT Laati,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=9EjTE721,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2018-10-30T06:28:31.126+0000) > > AP Carries scale more with levels than most AD scaling champions, thus they are played in a solo lane. > > Mid is the shortest lane, thus most suitable for immobile mages. That has nothing to do with anything? What are you trying to say? Are you trying to imply that playing AP champions in top / jungle is bad?
No, he's saying what he is saying (which is correct): it is, generally speaking, more advantageous to take an AP carry in a lane with solo experience unless there's a good reason not to. Nearly all AP mages are taken in solo lanes. The mages taken in bot/jungle are taken for specific reasons. Jungle --- Eve: Camouflage, good jungle clear, too weak to be a laner (no range, poor waveclear) Elise: Powerful level 3 ganks, no waveclear, generally a weak 1v1 unless she gets the jump on you Gragas: Powerful ganker, great jungle clear. He can also be taken in a lane position but is usually taken in jungle due to how impactful his early game is. Diana: Rarely played. No good reason to take her in jungle over mid lane over other picks. I'd personally consider jungle diana off meta/bad. Ekko: Powerful ganks and utility even with low income. Respectable clear thanks to AoE + W passive. Still off meta, but off meta does not necessarily equate to bad. Fiddlesticks: Poor waveclear for mid, but great utility make him a good support or jungle pick. Bot --- Most mages taken bot lane were taken due to nerfs to ad carries and adc scaling. Ziggs: Extremely powerful turret pressure and outpushes most bot lanes which gives dragon control and control of the bottom quadrant Vladimir: Beat most ADCs during the mid season rework because of the ADC nerfs. Scales very well with items so he doesn't necessarily feel too bad if he's behind in levels somewhat Mordekaiser: (if you consider him a mage - he's certainly AP) has a passive which means he doesn't have to worry about splitting XP Swain: His E makes immobile ADCs sad. Definitely a kill lane.
ShadWooo (EUNE)
: The advantage of mages was waveclear. But then they introduced Rift Herald. Then they nerfed base armor of all mages. Then they nerfed mana rune and mana items. Then they nerfed towers hard. Then they made several other changes like scaling bounties that goes to the killer etc. and right now playing mage is basically trolling. Only viable mage-like champions are Ahri and LB and Viktor in toplane.
> Then they nerfed base armor of all mages. not sure where you're getting this from. with runes reforged, mages lost the ability to get armor through them, but nearly every mage prior to runes reforged was going hp/lvl yellows (or some mix of flat hp and hp/lvl) even against AD matchups
Gryndall (EUNE)
: Yes I was surprised that Rioter answer me. And I'm rly pleased cuz now I know more about this game. But on the other side I looks like stupid player.
Not really. Many players think of the game in terms of a 1v1 and don't think about the strategy of the game
Gryndall (EUNE)
: AP x AD on mid
Yasuo is going to dumpster Syndra in a 1v1 but the game is not a 1v1. Syndra provides advantages to mid lane that Yasuo does not, namely: 1. Strong early game poke particularly at level 1 2. Strong, efficient waveclear early game (rare these days) 3. Target deletion after level 6 4. Massive AOE crowd control and damage potential, even to tanks thanks to Ascendance 5. Powerful zone denial 6. Reliable crowd control that requires very little set up (compared to Yasuo, who relies on a teammate to set him up or 3 Qs). Her early game means she's guaranteed to win almost every lane early game, which gives her team (particularly her jungler) the power to work around her and invade the opposing jungler or control the rivers, which can lead to advantages for her team such as towers, roams and dragons and the opponent jungler falling behind. Syndra is also more powerful at one item than Yasuo is, arguably, and Syndra has range, which makes her stronger against melee and ranged champions. Also, her Q can be cast while moving or executing other commands, which is unique to her, which makes it really easy to lane bully on her because you can auto Q and move more than your opponent can. Since the game is more nuanced than a 1v1, it's important to consider what else a champion brings to a team. What does Yasuo bring? 1. Strong 1v1 duelling potential in minion waves 2. Strong scaling (he's basically a hyper carry) 3. Mixed damage profile, making him strong vs tanks due to Conqueror and his ultimate passive 4. Denial of ranged abilities with his W 5. Good at follow up engagement He provides different things to a team than Syndra does. So why would you pick Syndra? when you need the things she brings and you don't need the things that Yasuo brings (which according to pro play is more often than not!)
: don't talk about mmr to people who don't know what is it lol >my experiences of toxicity are few and far between liar xD. Or maybe you don't play off-meta like i do. There're flamers each game xD
i play pyke mid regularly :D
palermo014 (EUNE)
: How is Electrocute "Nerfed" ?
If you can proc it more frequently it's a buff, but the point is that there's less burst in a single trade, which makes it easier to react to.
VoltexRB (EUW)
: Azirs ult doesnt stop certain Jumps anymore
This was an intentional charge. > The wall no longer knocks back any enemy who attempts to pass through once stationary, although still functions as impassable terrain. Still knocks back during the charge. It could really just be a matter of timing. Hard to say without seeing a replay.
LovePyjamas (EUNE)
: Riot?
Yasuos ult was slated to get a bonus AD ratio from 150% to 250% because of the stat squish to Infinity Edge - Less AD on IE means less AD for Yasuo at 2 items. It was reverted because we waited to wait and see if it was truly necessary. It's important not to consider balance changes in isolation but consider the entire environment around that champion. Yes, Yasuo in bot lane was strong on Patch 8.14 - in Patch 8.15, the AD on IE was nerfed as well as the gold cost, making it more affordable but also making Yasuo do less damage with his ultimate.
: I'm new. Have a few questions. Any tips?
Hey Kay :) > Will I lose my rank if I'm unable to play for a few weeks at a time? There's a decay system in place which is harsher the higher your rank is. This only applies to the ranked system, which you cannot access until level 30. You can't lose levels. When you do reach level 30 and start playing ranked, after a month of inactivity you'll lose a set amount of LP per week depending on your rank. You can drop divisions and tiers through this system, but your MMR will remain the same, so if you were to come back after a long break, you would rapidly climb back to where you were if your skill level had not changed. Only players who are platinum and above will decay which occurs at the following rates: Plat: 35 LP/week Diamond: 50 LP/week Master and Challenger function differently. You find out about those once you reach there :) > Is it difficult to start playing? No, but the game is very complicated. I reached diamond 5 with just an understanding of the mechanics. There's so much more to the game, like strategy and tactics, that I haven't learned and the meta game (that is, the strategy within the game) itself is still being developed by pro players. There's a somewhat low barrier to entry but an incredibly high skill ceiling. > Is the community as toxic as csgo? I haven't played CSGO and my experiences of toxicity are few and far between, but if you do encounter someone being toxic please do report them and/or mute/block them as appropriate.
: Oracle shouldn't be able to grant vision to INVISIBLE enemies on ARAM
Any kind of stealth has always been revealed by True Sight, which Oracles grants. Oracles needs to exist in order to balance Teemo on that map, so unless there were heavy nerfs to Teemo specifically for ARAM (not saying that should or should not happen) then Oracles should continue to grant True Sight. That said, True Sight is a really powerful mechanic which is largely why you cannot acquire True Sight on Summoners Rift outside of abilities that specifically reveal. http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Stealth
Xaytah (EUW)
: I dont recall him having "Riot" in his name before, so he might have deleted the spaces to fit it in there (;
Correct. Names have a maximum character limit of 16... Riot A Red Herring is just slightly too long so I had to remove spaces to fit 'Riot' in it. A lot of people have been asking for my motivation behind putting Riot in my name and the main reason is that I'm ramping up the amount of engagement I do both internally and externally and I felt that it made sense. I may remove it in the future if this is no longer the case
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot ARedHerring,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=wGFe0vZZ,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2018-08-07T21:56:49.751+0000) > > Hi friends, > > We know about this. It's a false positive and we're reaching out with anti virus companies to get it fixed. > > Sorry for the inconvenience :( Is this why the long 5 hours maintenance?
: Today's Patch Has Trojan in it Riot WTF?
Hi friends, We know about this. It's a false positive and we're reaching out with anti virus companies to get it fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience :(
: Forgot email
Hi Clock Resonator, Player support are the best people to help with this issue. I'd recommend contacting them :) https://support.riotgames.com/
: and how can u counter evelyn when she hits 6 . she is way too deadly to invade her in the jungle then. and what about the AD assasins how do u counter them cuz u cant really build vs them cuz they shred ur armor anyway. When i play a mage on mid lane then im forced to buy tabi boots and maybe dead men plat cuz otherwise i get one shoted to fast. this is like the worst meta ever the one shoters and the bruisers take over this game squisy champions cant do shitt
> she is way too deadly to invade her in the jungle then. All champions have windows of weakness you have to exploit. That said, she's not too deadly to kill after level 6 as long as you have vision on her and she doesn't land a charm on you (which she needs to use to clear camps early game, particularly before runic echoes). > what about the AD assasins how do u counter them cuz u cant really build vs them cuz they shred ur armor anyway. AD assassins are meant to be counters to mages. The counterplay against them is to build Zhonyas and poke them down. Assassins are almost always going to win a straight 1v1 on equal footing with your average mage. The point is to prevent that fight one even terms from happening. > When i play a mage on mid lane then im forced to buy tabi boots and maybe dead men plat Dead Man's Plate is a really bad item to buy on a mage. If you need armour, you should go Zhonyas and maybe tabis if they have a lot of auto-attack reliant champions. Again, in some scenarios you just have to realise that you're not going to be able to 1v1 everyone and that's ok - you don't need to 1v1 everyone. > the bruisers take over this game squisy champions cant do shitt Some of the strongest champions in the game right now are squishy. :x
graabbuu (EUW)
: jhin items against tanks
IE is the item for dealing with tanks (outside of just LW) Jhin's problem with tanks is mostly that his ultimate and W are rendered much less effective against them - that, and his DPS takes much longer to come out against tanks
: EG there is too much damage in the game.
Assassins have *always* been like this, though. That said, you're not far off the mark. The damage of Electrocute in particular is being reduced early game which should impact this list quite a bit (as Eve, k6, rengar, shaco, talon and wukong all build it).
: Does Evelyn have any counterplay ???
> i seem to notice that all stealth camo champs are performing good. This is mostly an unfortunate coincidence of itemisation. Most of the stealth champs you listed there are building Lethality - those items are strong right now. The exception is Pyke, who builds mostly tank at the moment. He's pretty good. It's worth mentioning that there is a large overlap between those champions and their ability to do well in uncoordinated environments. They tend to do well in solo queue because players are not organised and so cannot effectively counter them early game. To beat Evelynn, you just need to invade her. The counterplay to her is that she cannot clear any jungle camps without using her Charm early game, which takes two seconds to prep - and if she uses it on camps, she isn't using it on you. Most junglers can duel her pre-6. The reason why all of those champs are strong aren't necessarily because they can use stealth, it's because, with the exception of Pyke, they all are able to one-shot isolated targets very quickly.
: The main issue with it is that it’s in domination which just isn’t a tree supports go down. Generally you will see supports go primary sorcery or resolve and secondary inspiration... only really bard goes for domination at the moment. So it’s just in the wrong tree for supports to take adavantage of it
It's not a great tree for supports compared to other options. Most supports want to pick resolve either secondary or primary and, if you're taking resolve primary, inspiration is almost always a better option if you want the extra HP. The 2nd row - Ghost Poro, Zombie Ward and Eyeball Collection are not very useful for supports at the moment with the change to Zombie Ward (and supports having a more difficult time maintaining a Ghost Poro in enemy territory), which means you're basically limiting yourself to Ingenious Hunter + Cheap Shot, making it only good on a few specific champions. I could definitely see it being used in a bot lane that could gain early pressure and start a Sweeper with IG to establish vision superiority over the opponent, but in many situations having more vision is more valuable than denying it and is easier to accomplish, so it's a pretty niche strategy.
: Okay thanks for the reply, thats to bad that because of GDPR you have to downgrade the ability for the player to check his/her info, but i understand that you would get in troubble otherwise.
GDPR requires that we give you *more* information than was present on privacy.riotgames.com. For the time being that requires some human effort. I'd call it more of a sidegrade ;)
: Update: Finally out of Bronze V
Grats :) if I keep playing Pyke maybe we'll meet in the middle
: Is Riot trying to hide how much money we spend?
We had to end-of-life privacy.riotgames.com because it was not in-line with GDPR standards. For the time being, the support portal is the only way to get this information. We will not refuse requests if we can verify you are who you say you are since that's against the law.
: Garen and trynd tier 3 lulwut. Fiora tier 1???? Wukong not mentioned at all despite being the most broken champion in the game? 2nd best toplaner after quinn, best midlaner and one of the best junglers.
> Garen and trynd tier 3 lulwut. Fiora tier 1???? As I said, those champions are playable but generally only played by mains or to counterpick something. Tier 3 is not 'good' or 'bad' it is just 'passable'. That said, it appears I am wrong with Garen who is seeing more play than I thought. > Wukong not mentioned at all despite being the most broken champion in the game? 2nd best toplaner after quinn, best midlaner and one of the best junglers. I didn't mention Wukong because I don't encounter him that much at all. He's pretty much only played by mains according to picks (2% pick rate) and he's definitely not the best top laner in the game right now statistically so far into the patch. He's currently ranked 6th in winrate on op.gg with a 2% playrate in top, 7th in jungle with a 4% playrate and 13th in mid lane with a 1.6% playrate. They are good winrates but low playrates so I wouldn't say he's the best of anything. If his playrate increased but his winrate held steady I would agree with you. Bear in mind that this tier list is based off my own personal experience playing with and against those champions. If I only get 3 or 4 champions 'wrong' I'm happy lol
Spearki (EUW)
: hmh i think i would move darius to t1 just because of how much easier he is to get the basic and all of and use hes "power" is easier then some of the others same as i would move sion up to t2,5 at least. i'm surprised to see you include jayce personally think hes play rate is too low to judge but i think he can be very strong hard to place him but your list seems somewhat solid props{{sticker:sg-soraka}}
Darius is easy for sure but I don't personally think he's as good at carrying as others because he is quite easily kited and we have a lot of kiting champions in the meta right now. Sion might be better after his buffs but he's weak against most of the T1 and T2 picks. Remember that Jayce is T3 tier insofar as he is playable. I don't think he's particularly great or bad. T3 is basically like 'you can play this but there are better picks'. I do think he should be *ok* at the moment but not great since there isn't enough disengage in compositions for him to work right now IMO
: Support on Secondary role, like i said. If you would be a Main Support, you would never say such things. _**How do boosters exist if skill is not a factor in the game?**_ Your definiution of Booster are incomplete. Boosters are mainly 1TP or 2TP. They specialze on heavy Meta and Snowballchampions. This has ofc. to do with Skill and knowledge. But without special Meta/hypercarry Champions their Service would be simply much more ineffective. They abuse Champions with heavy early to mid Game Powerspike so that Games are already decided at the 10min Mark. This ofc. has to do with balance or better saying Riots questionable balancing Team. Next the Gold funneling...here is what Meddler said: _** “We're definitely open to adding the gold funneling nerf to TT,” Riot Meddler said in response to a lengthy boards post about Twisted Treeline. “Didn't want to do so at the last minute in 8.14 without enough consideration, and at least some TT specific bug testing though. **_ -> http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/07/18/league-of-legends-gold-funneling-twisted-treeline/ So you are not even aware of the Problems but define the very Win and Lose Criteira of this Game....astonishing. Since you are asking what my Post has to do with the original Post. Let me repeat myself for your Ears. It`s about a minimum Skill level that curently does NOT exist in this Game. Please re-read my Post and you will see i even go into Details. About the resolve, there has been plenty Suggestion already been made on this Forum. For example: -> https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/champions-gameplay-en/OvKTF29N-additional-winning-possibility-suggestion
> If you would be a Main Support, you would never say such things. Support is not the only role that is at the mercy of their teammates. Twisted Fate is a more damaging version of a CC support with the way that I play him, as is Malzahar. I almost always soft-carry, rather than hard-carry - That is, I rely on my team to actually carry me and I just make opportunities happen to get them ahead. This is very similar to how support plays. It works for me at least seeing as I have almost a 60% winrate on Twisted Fate in low/mid diamond this season > But without special Meta/hypercarry Champions their Service would be simply much more ineffective. > This ofc. has to do with balance or better saying Riots questionable balancing Team. So your solution would be to nerf/remove champions that boosters can carry on? :S Not every booster or player who is playing in an Elo far below their own run early game hyper carries. When I was leveling my smurf, Equidistant, I was mostly playing Malzahar, who is extraordinarily weak before 10 minutes. Nerfing early game champions (which need to exist in the game, otherwise late game strategies would be too strong) seems like a poor solution to this problem - it would harm players who enjoy early game champions and boosters would simply move to other strategies (for example, the Kayle/Yi gold funnelling strategy, which does not employ strong early game champions, but hyper carries) >So you are not even aware of the Problems but define the very Win and Lose Criteira of this Game....astonishing. I'm afraid I'm missing your point. My point is that your LP gains and losses should be based solely on whether you win or lose. You win or lose based on destroying the Nexus. Gold funnelling is one strategy that players started doing in order to help in destroying the Nexus. There is counterplay to that strategy. This is ok, because it is still aiming to win the game. It got nerfed/buffed because of the counterplay, or lack of counterplay, to that strategy. My criticism is that if Riot implemented alternative solutions to reward players performance (typically cited as being KDA, KP etc) as a way to adjust their LP, players would attempt to find gimmicks to improve those metrics rather than winning the game. Alternatively, players would refuse to end games without getting as many dragons as they could, even if they were in a clear position of dominance and ability to win the game (based on one of the suggestions in the post you linked). You *already* see this behaviour happening when missions come out that require taking a specific objective: it warps the game around taking that objective, even if that would be detrimental to the quality of the game itself > It`s about a minimum Skill level that curently does NOT exist in this Game. league definitely has a minimum skill level required to play the game effectively and to climb. EDIT: I feel I should mention at this point that I am a security engineer. I'm not in a position to implement these changes even if I wanted to - I'm just very passionate about the game.
: That pick looks alright. Anyways, because you are a Rioter, can you please check my support ticket and/or my previous post about being unable to enter the client periodically which resulted in a LeaverBuster
I can't do that. Only player support can handle support queries. If you've already submitted a support ticket someone will answer soon (Is the name Faustino based on The Supernaturalists?)
: Irelia, Panth, Maokai and Riven are crying because they are not mentioned
> Irelia I don't think she's really played that much top, but you're right, she should probably fit in around tier 2 or 3 > Panth I definitely think he's better as a jungler right now, I barely ever see him top > Maokai I don't think he's a good top laner at all atm which is why I didn't list him > Riven yeah I should have put her in tier 3
: Who is the most powerful Top Laner in your opinion?
It depends how you're classifying 'powerful'. My tier list for solo queue might look something like this: T1 {{champion:114}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:164}} T2 {{champion:122}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:68}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:27}} T2.5 {{champion:41}} T3 {{champion:6}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:150}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:83}} {{champion:14}} T4 {{champion:17}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:48}} With each tier meaning the following things: T1: Top tier. Aim to play if left up. T2: Still good, but not as good as the top tier picks. Picks in this category might beat the tier 1 picks but are more limited in other ways. T2.5: hard to place these because they're on the cusp of being good but need experience T3: These champions are noticeably weaker than tier 1 picks and are generally only picked by one trick ponies or a as a counter pick (ie picking Poppy to counter Camille) T4: These champions are not a good fit for top lane in its current state and are outclassed Note that the champions in each tier are not ordered in any particular way EDIT: I didn't have the TP changes in my mind while making this so I might have to reshuffle a few things. Lane bullies would get stronger because they will run ignite and be able to punish more.
Reichs (EUNE)
: Yes I know if I play like 1k games it will cancel out. Most people don't have that much time. I have achieved Diamond 4 multiple times before and I have only 53% win rate at Plat 5 with over 100 games this season. So I'm 6 divs below my proven elo with relatively high amount of matches already.
100 games is a good enough indicator to determine your current level of play. Just because you were d4 before does not mean you play at a d4 level now.
: **_The only correct system IMO is the one that is present_** I disagree on a fundamental level, here as well. How long we saw the abuse of "Gold funneling" until you start investing? What about taking Smite on other Lanes? Yes your planning to make things harder but that only shows how unaware you have been until things starts to grow on the masses/getting meta. There is no minimum Skill Level in the Game. Elo plays Zero Role for antisocial Players that play the Game for their sheer own Egoistic Sake. There are tons of player who simply don`t participate by taking Objectives. Or simply can`t play "win orientated". Next Point : you obviously never played Support Main, or you would not say nonsense stuff like: **_In my experience you only tend to get stuck when you're close to your normal Elo where you can't carry because you're not good enough to solo carry. _** Your so called "correct System" is nothing but a boosting System where 1 or maximum 2 Players from each Team control the Game. But the bloody majority simply don`t know what they are doing. The only real distinguish between a Bronze Player and a Platin Player is the willingness to follow the Team or leading Player, or not. Aka his mentality. But Skill? Never has been never will be with your current "correct" boosting System.
> Next Point : you obviously never played Support Main, or you would not say nonsense stuff like: Support is my secondary role. With the release of Pyke, it has been my primary role. In every season I have played I have had multiple supports in my top 15 most played champions in ranked seasons. > Your so called "correct System" is nothing but a boosting System where 1 or maximum 2 Players from each Team control the Game. > But Skill? Never has been never will be with your current "correct" boosting System. How do boosters exist if skill is not a factor in the game? :) Boosters are players who play the game with another player or on the players account and they use their superior skill and knowledge at the game to carry. The existence of boosters implies that there is a skill element to the game. And yes, I would expect 40% of a team to have a significant impact on the outcome of a game > How long we saw the abuse of "Gold funneling" until you start investing? > What about taking Smite on other Lanes? Those things are meta systems and I'm unsure how they are related to the fact that we judge games based on their win/loss ratio. Could you elaborate? Your post does not address the original comment I made that the only system that really makes sense is to judge players based on whether they win or lose a game. How would you resolve that given the criticisms you've made?
Reichs (EUNE)
: Still a good player can get stuck to lower elo than he belongs, because he can't control his teammates, which also affect the outcome. That's why only using the result as a metric of performance is bad. I could also for example scout my team in the champ select and always dodge if I decide my team doesn't look good enough. You could for example do machine learning analysis to learn how much each metric (such as kills, farm, damage, vision, etc.) predicts winning the game for every champ. Then you can calculate with those metrics the expected chance of player winning based on his stats from the game and give him LP based on that. That way the randomness of matchmaking can be negated. It also works against gaming the system. For example, if damage to other champs would be very important, then the players might try to game it by buying warmogs and just doing lot of damage to each other. However, then the algoritm updates and sees that the damage to other champs doesn't matter for winning anymore and the ones who try to game it get bad scores.
> Still a good player can get stuck to lower elo than he belongs, because he can't control his teammates, which also affect the outcome. That's incredibly statistically unlikely to the point where I'd say yes, you could get stuck temporarily, but you will climb to where you belong over the duration of a season. In my experience you only tend to get stuck when you're close to your normal Elo where you can't carry because you're not good enough to solo carry. This happened to me on my alt account, Equidistant (EUW) where it took me around 60-70 games to get out of p1/d5 despite being d3 on this account at the time. If I played better as an individual I would have climbed out a lot faster. The only reason why it felt like I was powerless is because I wasn't good enough as a player to hard carry in p1/d5 elo, rather than my teammates being bad
Reichs (EUNE)
: Of course I take towers if possible. For example I killed Wukong top, I started to dps the turret. Then their WW comes, I manage to kill him too. Then I'm low hp and their Wukong is already back. My useless toplaner Trynd just recalled after the kill. Second example - Anivia dies to Vlad at mid. I come to finish off Vlad with my ult. I could take turret but both WW and Pyke are coming to mid and I need to back (bot is losing so bad that Draven can 1v2...) Third example - We win a fight at bot. Me and Leona destroy two turrets. However, at the same time my team loses a 2v2 at top and we lose a tier 2 turret there. I can't carry my team at two places at the same time. Why doesn't riot change the system to give rating based 50% on win/lose and 50% on individual performance? It sucks big time to carry so hard and still lose.
The point is that you got a lot of kills but were unable to convert that into objectives. If you can't convert that into objectives and you have the most on the team then you're putting yourself in a position where you alone have to carry. If you improve your ability to get objectives or deny the opponent objectives then you will find your winrate increases. If you can't do that, then you're going to have a lot of games where it is a blood bath and it essentially comes down to teams statchecking each other through brute force rather than strategy (ie, teamfighting / skirmishing), which is what happened here. Regardless of the reasons of the mistakes your teammates made, you could also have made different decisions. It's not that you necessarily did the wrong things, but you didn't do the things that would lead to the biggest opportunity for your team.
VaVoem (EUW)
: gaining or losing LP should be determined by your performance and behaviour. this is just wrong..
I disagree on a fundamental level. If you design systems that encourage doing things that are not winning in order to gain elo then players are going to look to achieve the best result through those systems, which distracts players from the ultimate objective (which is winning). For example, if I designed a system that increased your LP if you got a perfect kda, players would try not to die (and not take any risks) and might even AFK or tilt if they died once because they would be losing LP which would lead to a poorer quality game. The only correct system IMO is the one that is present - it incentivises winning and no other funny business.
Reichs (EUNE)
: Tell me more how winning this game is about skill.
You can get unlucky and lose some games. Each individual game loss or win is not always going to be attributable to your own skill, however, being more skilled at the game is going to make it more likely you win a game. So, the winning the game is *generally* about skill, but you can't win every single game and that's OK. All you can do there is look to where you could have done better. Based on the timeline of your game, you managed to score an early kill on both Vladimir and Warwick but then didn't secure any kills or objectives for another 6 minutes. Then you died to Vladimir, giving him a shutdown bounty. Despite all of the kills you managed to acquire pre-20 minutes, you didn't get a single objective until 18 minutes, which is when you got your team's first tower kill. You need to convert the kills you get into advantages for your team - a rising tide lifts all ships, after all - and aiming to get towers earlier is a great way of doing that. You also need to avoid giving shutdown kills to carries on the enemy team who can essentially oneshot your team (Vladimir). Focus on doing those things better in your next game.
Cryptidian (EUNE)
: Which champion helped you get to Gold for the first time?
Zyra. I played her mid back when mid Zyra was a thing.
: as i said, i'm not 100% sure, i was just reporting what i heard. in any case i agree with the original poster here, lay off with the edgy champions. for christ sake, i played the new aatrox and almos cut myself hearing those lines xD i mean, these champions aren't edgy, they are ridiculus "Come, let me show you darkness!" "Suffer, as I suffer!" and my personal "favourite" "I am oblivion, I am destruction... I am doom." nobody realized how stupid they sound? would you really be intimidated by someone who talked like that? {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} EDIT: also, may i suggest that when someone pitches an idea for a reworked or new ability, that said person spoke that effect out loud? like "i want to make an ability that slows people for 2.2 seconds, then stuns them for 2 more seconds and the next damage they take also has bonus true damage" or "I want to make an ability that makes the user invisibel to EVERYTHING including turrets". i really feel it would help in the future
> and almos cut myself hearing those lines xD That's not funny. :x > would you really be intimidated by someone who talked like that? If they looked like Aatrox.. maybe > also, may i suggest that when someone pitches an idea for a reworked or new ability, that said person spoke that effect out loud? like "i want to make an ability that slows people for 2.2 seconds, then stuns them for 2 more seconds and the next damage they take also has bonus true damage" or "I want to make an ability that makes the user invisibel to EVERYTHING including turrets". i really feel it would help in the future I can assure you there is plenty of airing of ideas including playtests.. ideas dont tend to be half baked
Show more

Cetrine

Level 237 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion