: how get tutorial capsule
Honestly, I dont know. Guess just follow the instructions
: Why am I such garbage at this game?
I started back in 2013 and I honestly did't get good at the game until 2015 (not gonna lie). Rather than stress myself over it, I simply decided to take my time learning the game. I played every champion in order to understand them (not to get good at them). Understanding the basics of the champions is a great way to advance. Playing all the champions also let me know which champions I liked and which I didnt. I also learned a lot by playing aram. Aram sure isnt the best place to learn a champion to it's fullest, but it helped me a lot in knowing how to team fight with certain champions. ___ Anyone who has been relatively new to League has been in your shoes, some players more recently than others. But just letting you know, it took us a lot of time to fully understand the game, and a lot of "veterans" will lie and deny that fact. Also, look at me, level 98, the number on your level only shows one thing. Not that you are great at the game, but that you are pationate about it. The fact that you are "new" at the game and play it almost non stop means that you really enjoy League and if you keep up the enthusiasm you´ll get better eventually. It took me 2 years to get good at league, some people got good in 1 year and some gods managed to get amazing at the game in months. Everyone has a different speed. ___ If you really want to learn, watch Pro Guides like **HIVSuperposition** mentioned, also try to get a relatively high Elo friend (anything Gold or higher), they can teach you the basics if they are willing to help.
: To counteract, if we take LEC spring finals viewership numbers, the English stream viewership peaked at 356,850, with the overall viewership peaking at 477,666 viewers. So that leaves around 120,000 being streamed in other European languages. You can see the real viewership numbers here instead of claiming that Spanish streams gain more views; from what I can see, for the important title matches they don't. We can generalise that to a larger global scale: for world finals, just like in previous years, Chinese and English will be the most broadcasted languages. Viewership statistics: https://escharts.com/tournaments/lol/lec-spring-2019 I do agree with you, and think a mix of the language would be more fair, and a more appropriate way to both maintain a country's pride and properly entertain your market. That's why the casting language not being English is a really poor decision. Having the hosts and entertainment in French/Spanish etc is fine, but for the more important specific in-game content, I think it's much better for the audience to have it spoken in English. I attended OG vs FW in London, and it was an amazing experience. But from what I remember during games the crowds died down (unless there was a big teamfight/play), and its during those down times that I want to be able to hear analysis and general discussions about teams and games. That's why I'm arguing so strongly about the casting language, because you make it out that crowds are so loud that no-one listens, but that's not true at all stages of the event. "Spain already gets an incredible influx of tourist all year round (second most visited country in Europe, Paris France being number one). And we get those tourist not because we speak english, but because people want to see spanish culture." Like I keep saying, LoL does not equate to Spanish/French culture, the attendees are either natives like you said, or travelling for LoL. Tourist/cultural attractions are a bonus for the visitors, but I think that is the more appropriate setting for visitors to immerse and embrace another culture. Not while watching League of Legends in an arena. For a global event being hosted in Europe, with the most spoken language being English, does that not seem more appropriate to cast in English? Even taking into account Eastern viewers who come to visit, they probably have a better chance to understand English than Spanish or French. The reasons why no-one is complaining about China or Korea being hosted in their native language is because Europe playing host is being grouped as one entity. If all of worlds was held exclusively in France, with all play-ins, groups, etc etc being hosted in French I would understand the line of reasoning more. But since it's being held in a variety of countries within a single region, the given language for the whole collective is English as that is spoken all across Europe. It doesn't matter that Spanish has more native speakers when English has more speakers overall. Germans, Polish, Danish, Swedish, Belgium, French and Spanish can all speak/understand some form of English. The same cannot be said for French or Spanish. Also being Chinese/British, I can attest that the Taiwanese do speak Mandarin.
I'll go a little bit out of order here. >Also being Chinese/British, I can attest that the Taiwanese do speak Mandarin. I never said that the Taiwanese cannot speak mandarin, I said that if they decide not to, they wont. MSI was in Taiwanese, doesnt mean they cannot speak mandarin, but they decided not to. There was a Mandarin female interviewer but that was it. ___ I understand that being worlds English should be the go to, I respect that decision 110% but Spaniards dont know enough english. To give you another example. Movie theaters all across Spain do not screen movies in their original voices. Every single theater is in spanish (there is only 3 Movie theaters in Madrid that will screen a film in original version with spanish subtitles. Same goes for Theatre broadway musicals, etc. Any sort of LIVE entertainment is exclusively in English because we do not have the necessary level to understand. We only know "hello, goodbye, and thank you!" as your basic. The only way to speak English is if you genuinly have money to study abroad and not many people have that money. This is why Spain LCS/LEC events have always been in Spanish. I cannot stress it enough. Making the show in english (which I want), will not bring money here. The English language does not survive here, not like in other major citites across Europe. France is complete pride, Spain is poor education and zero priority in learning more languages. ___ >I attended OG vs FW in London, and it was an amazing experience First of all, Lucky >:C Second of all, people there were more quiet than in Paris during the group stage xD not to mention that that quarter final was not really action packed. Its true that in those down moments of silence you can hear the casters, but at least here when the LCS came to Madrid there was barely room to "breathe" and let the crowd die down a little bit. But the moments that there was time for casters to analyze replays and all. While the English broadcast would be cooler, no one in the crowd would understand; with the exception of the 100 bilinguals and probably another 100 tourists, which would be a total of 200 people that would be able to understand the english casters while the rest of the 14800 spanish only speakers would completely be lost. While most of the crowds in any other European country can speak english enough to survive, English is 100% useless here. When visiting Spain, if you cannot speak spanish you are done for (Unless you are in the "designated Tourist trap areas"). ___ The crowds depending on what stage of the competition you attend are mostly dominated by the locals. Lets look at worlds, 2014 (I think it was 2014, not 100% sure). Worlds was in Singapure, Taiwan, and Korea. Groups was in english because in Singapure the most spoken language is English, but again in Taiwan it was in taiwanese (not mandarin, not english, but the local language), and Korea was obviously in Korean. Korean doesnt get any criticism despite Mandarin being the dominant language in Asia, and therefore applying the same logic for Europe, every worlds in Asia should be casted in Mandarin exlcusively. Just like English is the number 1 language in Europe, Mandarin is the number one language in Asia, yet when worlds is in an asian country that is not China, its not in Mandarin nor English (both power houses when it comes to international languages). So, applying this type of logic, and countering with previous events, if other asian countries dont get flacked for being hosted in their native language (instead of the dominant language, being mandarin instead of english in this case), why does Spain and France get all the international hate? ___ If Korean, Vietnam, and Taiwan can host in their native language, (rather than hosting in Mandarin which is the most dominant language there), why cant Spain and France host in their native language? Food for thought. Maybe you know, and I dont, but the hate from a neutral perspective is not fair. Let me remind you that I would die for the english casters to cast in Madrid, but I know it wont happen. Yet Im not here getting angry like some other people in this post. I am dissappointed, but it is out of my control. If you guys want to make a change, make a thread or get Riot's attention.
Tarolock (EUNE)
: >Unlocking a chroma does not give you a free skin. the only chromas that DO give you free skin is the streamer promo codes, but that was also clearly stated that you would get the skins+champs if you dont have them and get the code
Yeah but free skin+chroma promo codes are completely different form Chromas alone. Plus like you said, those are codes, not something you can purchase.
: By your logic of countries hosting in their native language, surely Berlin should host it in German right? But they won't, and yes I understand that it's probably due to the LEC studio and casting talent they have available already there. However the only reason one of the events is not in the UK is because of Brexit, not because it won't generate as much revenue as France or Spain. Also I do appreciate cultural pride is important, but that does not negate the fact that the West's most popular language for LoL broadcasts is English, and they actually should be catering to that. It's got nothing to do with people being ignorant and not wanting to learn other languages or immerse in other cultures. Watching League in French or Spanish is not cultural immersion regardless, so bringing culture as an argument to have it hosted in a native language is ridiculous. Casting talent truly does matter, and I think that's clearly evident through the LEC and how much more popularity it has gained. To say, 'oh it doesn't matter what language they speak, you don't listen anyway' is pretty ignorant and false. Viewers value the extra knowledge and discussion they bring to round games out, especially in the earlier stages of games when teams are just farming, or even in draft phase when discussing potential comps and game plans. Hosting the event in English would would not disrespect French or Spanish culture. The extra tourism these countries would gain from the event is where the cultural aspects should be focused and appreciated.
I do understand your point, but letting you in a little secret, there are more viewers in the Spanish LEC stream than in the English stream most of the times. Major reason being because the Spanish casting talent is just as popular if not even more than the english casters. If you remember back in 2018 Summer Finals, the moment the Spanish caster stopped speaking, the whole crowd was cheering his name. The Spanish Caster Ibai is loved at an international level in Spain and all of South America (which sums up more than the European crowd). A lot of Latin american also watch the Spanish LEC stream, the same way as american watch the English LEC stream, but again the Latin Americans bring higher numbers. ___ I also honestly believe that each country should host in their language. Or at least do a little mix of both English and the native language combined. Spain did it for the first time last year, and it is the same strategy used in Disneyland Paris (if you want a better example). >To say, 'oh it doesn't matter what language they speak, you don't listen anyway' is pretty ignorant and false. This is not entirely true. I have been to Spring finals in 2015 (madrid), All-Stars Barcelona (2016) and Summer Finals in 2018 (Madrid). The majority of the time my ears were not focused on the casters. While some of the things they say is important, the crowd is just so damn loud its kinda hard to hear the casters to begin with, so your ears, are just trying to find a target. I do not know how the finals in Stockholm, Berlin, Brussels were LIVE on stage, but I can at least tell you that there were not as loud as the crowds in Paris and Madrid. As for the international folk I saw in madrid last year, while they couldnt understand they still had an incredible time and enjoyed themselves. They tried to talk to us in spanish and english, and was an overall fun experience to witness. The experience was not lost in any way, shape, or form. Being there live, I saw people just talking to each other commenting about the game themselves and people would join their conversation (small talk). Because its fun to hear what other people are thinking about sometimes. Spain already gets an incredible influx of tourist all year round (second most visited country in Europe, Paris France being number one). And we get those tourist not because we speak english, but because people want to see spanish culture. ___ And if that wasnt enough, I can also cut straight to the chase. In Spain, when it comes to the educational system and learning other languages, it's were we suffer the most. We simply at the time did not prioritize learning other languages, and it's a closed mentality that still lives even after our Dictatorship. Spain is trying to improve on it, and it is, but it will take us at least another decade, and that's just truth.
Bwuah (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=DELDE115,realm=EUW,application-id=N9uP9Byj,discussion-id=NquF8jk0,comment-id=0002000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-03T09:32:23.893+0000) > > Why would Spanish politics give a flying fck about a video game sport? Please think about that for a second. Why would SPAIN, who has a pretty embarrising political system within the European Union care about Esports? > > Rather than politcal, it is cultural. Spain is passionate about any sport in which we have a big influence, we dont have to be great, but as long as there is a huge influence, we will cheer for it. And that brings in money. If you have noticed the last times a League event has ben either in Spain (Madrid, Barcelona) or France (Paris), both Riot and the crowd saw a huge boost. Crowds bring more energy and are much more interactive, which not only intertains the viewers at home, but the Rioters and casters in the venue doing their job. > > Look at worlds 2015, the group stages were much more fun and epic because of the crowds reaction #FrenchPower. Spain is just French noise on steroids (and if you are french, it might be vice-versa). > > _____________ > > I understand that its nice to have casters speak english, its easier for other visitors. But here is where the political bullsht does come in. Spain and France have historically done a lot, and their international influence is as big as China's. In the case of Spain, it is the 3 most spoken language in the world (if we only include native speakers), and English only being 4th. So there is a huge sense of PRIDE, and France knows that better than anyone, thats why they always sing in french and the news announcers are also speaking EXCLUSIVELY in French. IF the crowd is going to be mostly spanish or french, we will speak our native tongue, we also cast for south America which are 90% spanish speakers (10% being Brazil). > > And hey, if you are from England or Ireland, I only recommend you start learning a second language, because not everyone will want to speak english, a lot of people do that just to literally pss english speakers off. I have been to all events in Madrid and Barcelona, and when I said "you barely pay attention to the casters" I 100% mean it. Most of the time you are just looking at the screen and YOU YOURSELF can predict what the teams will do. > > If something as stupid as a language barrier is going to stop you from enjoying a once in a life time experience then thats your own decision. When I went to ALL-STARS Barcelona there were a lot of people from ASIA, USA, North Europe and Eastern Europe (I could hear the languages outside of the venue before and after the games). All I saw was a lot of smiling faces and laughter, and the people that spoke english where having a blast, and they did not understand sht. But they got to see their favorite players in STAGE and take photos with them as well as have a nice memory. > > As for the 2015 Summer Split, there was a lot of English in between games, and that was a HUGE improvement from 2015 where there was NO ENGLISH. > > If Spain and France got the better deals is because they offered a price that RIOT could not refuse, not to mention that so far, the best crowds have been in those two places. An interactive crowd can change the perspective of a video game, from looking like a chess game to a FIFA worlds final, and I fcking hate football (A fcking spaniard who hates football), yet seeing and hearing the crowd is what blows my mind. Englad in 2015 was nice for the audience, but the crowd was dead, same goes for when Riot went to Sweden, Belgium and other places. > > _________________ > > If you wanna be somewhat close minded and not attend because "fcking sht the host country is speaking in their native language!" then I suggest you never leave your country to travel, because not everything will be in english for you. So, either decide to attend and live an experience of a life time, or decide to sit and home sitting in your office/room or living room wishing you could watch an event like this LIVE. > > I understand that annoyance of not having something in a language you can understand, but that should not stop you. > > Also, just to let you know. When ANY League of Legends event was in China, Vietnam, Taiwan, Korea, and Brazil, the venue was not in english. Did that stop people from other countries from visiting and attending the event? NO, lots of people still went, and they still had a fcking blast. Spain and France arent the only places with native casters. That's the most stupid argument I've read all day. Why would you even bring up NATIVE speakers?? It's about speakers in general, and in that regard English completely outclasses both French and Spanish, COMBINED. English, especially here in Europe, is just the Lingua Franca. And not only to people from the UK, but everyone not Spanish or French. If anything it's the inability of French and Spanish people to learn the Lingua Franca of Europe due to their 'pride', basically insecurities about being completely irrelevant nowadays while once powerful. Why you bring up England not being a host this year is beyond my understanding, it's clearly the insecurities of Brexit that are reason for that. And on Taiwan etc events being in Chinese: Mandarin has nearly as many speakers as English, again outclassing French and Spanish COMBINED. Mandarin also is a Lingua France, especially in Asia. [Chinese viewership is over 2000x the amount of French, so the comparison is really BS to begin with.](https://escharts.com/blog/infographics-worlds-2018) The world's finals deserve better than being hosted in a language that is irrelevant at this point, with a fraction of the amount of speakers of English. If you still disagree, think a second about in what language we are arguing in.
I know English is a lingua franca. But guess what, anywhere in Europe (except the UK), if you leave a major city, not a single soul will speak english, why? because it's not important to them. In the case of Spain, since its my country. If you leave Madrid, Barcelona or Valencia (top 3 cities) you will not hear a single spaniard speak english. Its not because of pride, its because there is no need for a person to learn a language if there is no tourist around. Any place with high tourist traffic will have a bilingual spaniard. But move away from those places, and its just spanish. Lets look at the UK. Move away from London, Manchester, Edimburg (you get the point) and no one will speak German, French, Spanish, Italian, etc. Why? because no tourist will visit a small town with zero relevance. If there is not tourist traffic where you are living, then there is no need to learn another language. ___ Mandarin is important because China is taking economic control of the freaking world. But I will say it again. During MSI, in vietnam (play-ins), the casters were not speaking Mandarin, they were speaking Vietnamese. And in the rest of the tournament, the casters were speaking **Taiwanese**. I have lived in China for 6 years, and people do not fcking speak Taiwanese unless they were born there. Mandarin is mandatory everywhere in China, but if there is another language like Taiwanese or Cantonese, people will speak their local language. Back to Spain, in the north east (Catalonia), 90% of the people speak Catalan, which is a different language from spanish that no one understands except for them. If there is an exclusive event in Barcelona they will cast in catalan. The reason why All-Stars Barcelona was in Spanish is because it is more international. Yeah spanish in europe isnt strong, but spanish has the top 3 most native speakers in the world (more than English native speakers), so if Spain decides to cast in Spain it is their damn choice. Is it pride, yeah? But I dont see people complaining when other countries do it? The only people complaining about casters speaking "%%%%%%%%%%%" (aka an asian language) are ignorant racists. ___ I dont fully disagree with you, but guess what buddy, the reason why we are speaking english is because (if you have not noticed) we are in the **English EUW forums** Go to Spain's, France's or Germany's forums and you'll get sht on by the emissaries for speaking the dominant Lingua Franca. France not having english casters is because they are a stubborn country filled with pride. If you have seen Euro vision, they are the only people to not speak english (Spain at least speaks english when needed). **The reason why Spain however does not cast in English is because of our shtty and embarissing educational system when it comes to teaching international languages. ** Why cast in English when probably over half of the attendies will not understand? I already know your answer anyway "Casting in English will bring more people over because more people understand english!" I will not deny that plausible answer at the slightest, but why risk lower attendance by speaking english when you can guarantee a filled stadium with native speakers? Also think about it. Not many people care about Quarter-finals and Semi-finals to begin with, what matters most is the FINALS and if they can choose between semis or finals based on proximty and prices, people will fight for the Finals spot. ___ **The world's finals deserve better than being hosted in a language that is irrelevant at this point, with a fraction of the amount of speakers of English.** Look being uncultured is your personal decision to make, but if French is an irrelevant language to you, then so would the Korean language. Which was the language in which the finals for worlds 2018 was casted in, not Mandarin, which by your logic should have been the more logical approach because its the Asian Lingua Franca. Have LIVE Mandarin casters in Korean soil, lets see how many people will attend that in Korea. French, despite not being geographically dominant like Mandarin, Spanish, and English, it is culturally a dominant language (has been the Lingua France for Centuries btw, even in the precious, little and insignificant UK). ___ And here is a pro tip, from a Spaniard studying English Philology. Learn to speak more than one language and appreciate their culture and History, Dumbass.
Shingi (EUW)
: you get to choose for what you are gonna use tokens, there is no choice here, cant tell if you are trolling or stupid
Clearly, you didnt understand what I meant. What I want to say is that unlocking a chroma does not unlock the skin. That is why people do not get a free skin when they unlock the free golden chroma for an event. And in this case, the LCS/LEC team pass does not say "chroma comes with free skin", it just says "chroma". So again, people for some reason missunderstood the information and thought that the chroma would give them a free skin. And buying/unlocking a chroma without owning the skin does not unlock the skin. So, no Im not trolling nor am I stupid. I just know information some players do not bother to read. _**Unlocking Chroma, even if it is behind a pay wall does not give you a free skin.**_
: no, i didn't expect to get a "free" skin. I just want my chroma to be available to play, not just shown as unlocked in my profile. Also, those chromas u are talking about, you would obtain one for free basically so it makes sense that you can't get them when you don't have a skin. But in the case of LCS/LEC chromas, you have to actually buy a Team Pass to get them so it kinda sucks that it's necesary to pay even more for it to actually work
If you read (past tense) all the information about Chromas, and how Event chromas work, you should know that getting a Chroma (**even if it is a chroma locked behind a pay wall**) does not give you a free skin. Unlocking a chroma does not give you a free skin. I understand your frustration, but this is technically your fault. The LCS/LEC pass says "free Chroma", nowhere does the pass say that the Chroma unlocks the skin. ___ Before paying for a service, read everything. And if you have any doubts, talk to Riot support before making a purchase, OR go to Riot's support page and inform yourself with every article written about skins.
: Dragonslayer Braum LCS chroma is actually useless
Well, did you expect to get a free skin? lmao. Look at the gold chromas for champion events. You dont see players unlocking a free skin just by using their tokens on the gold chroma do you? (I do not mean the Prestige edition of skins, Im talking about the golden chromas).
: > [{quoted}](name=DELDE115,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=iBAbArrc,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-09T11:29:22.364+0000) > I know that there are a lot of youtube videos from Challengers and Diamonds saying how they know everything about Bronze and silver elo when they were there _over 5 years ago_ absolute truth
Rioter Comments
: Yes lets make more unique awesome champions like yuumi and Pyke that are totaly fun to play against and don't completly break the support role on their own!
They are a nnowying, but not game breaking.
rooRoooo (EUW)
: NEW ROLE FOR SUPPORT MAIN
Im happy with what we've go Just give the support role 15 more unique and NEW champions. And everything will be equal. If top, jungle, and mid can have 30+ champions, why cant the support role? ___ Also, anything is better than becoming the brain numbing ward slave again.
BlackNYBeer (EUNE)
: This character reminds me something
I think its Blitzcrank.
: Where is project mission
The missions will be up when the Event shows up. Not event, no missions. Now calm down.
: Will there be a project pass ?
Knowing Riot, there will 110% be a stupid pass.
: Please Don't Remove Twisted Treeline
Where did you get this information?
Player 123 (EUNE)
: eSports Fortnite/League
League wants to be a proffessional esport scene. Its just like proffessional football or basketball. You dont see 12 year old kids playing in the FIFA world cup with adults in the same field. There is the kids division, sub 21, an then the pro scene. If you want to play competitively like in the LEC, you can sign up for Lan tournaments and still win prizes.
Trilink (EUW)
: But how will people know how cool I am if I don't use my fist bump ward skin.
I feel the same way with my Championship Season 3 and All-Stars 2014 ward very rare wards as well
: Add the option to randomize wards
Honestly, this would be a fun mechanic, but like someone already said, I think the client would go nuts. I would like to avoid the mess that was the beginning of this patch due to TFT's first patch that severely affected the game.
Yraco (EUW)
: > the last two months of August I know this was unintentional but I love it.
loool. I meant the last two weeks xD
: {{sticker:sg-ahri-3}} I will never spend money on this game lmao
I once said that... Then Harrowing 2013 happened (I joined league around May of 2013).
lalalagirl (EUNE)
: Does anybody have a clue for pool party?
Pool party **usually** starts around august. Knowing that the upcoming event is PROJECT, its likely going to be right after. If there is a pool party this year (Which is NEVER guaranteed), it will be during the last two months of August. There might not be a pool party this year. We havent had a Star Guardian or Odyssey this year either.
: 2019 World Championship Cities, Venues, & Dates
Rioter Comments
: The current state of League
Cool post, but I have a few things to say. >1) There's too much damage in the game. [...] Everyone dies in instants. I agree with this on so many levels, however, there is nothing we can do because this change was done for one particular reason only. Esports. People want to see SHlT explode in a huge stadium filled with 15k+ people live. Its like action movies nowadays. EXPLOSIONS!!!! BOOOM BANG! Less damage means slower games, and slower games means "this is taking too long, I´ll watch a VOD when the stream ends". And that would mean less money from viewership and a million dollar company does not like that. > When the plates are gone they fall too quickly. I also agree here. At this point, why do we even have turrets? Just change the model into a bag full of coins. >RNG. [...] Dragons are randomly generated. I believe the scuttle crab is random to some extent after a certain period of time(?). While I despise RNG mechanics in a game like League, in this case, the dragons being random isnt that bad. I remember back in the day (before the elemental dragons) when the dragon was either too broken or completely useless (and thus be completely ignored during an entire season in professional play and even during worlds). The rng dragons adds a nice niche. The scuttle isnt random, the timer is just long so if both scuttle die at different times, then it feels random. They spawn every 4 minutes i think. >Gimmicks. I agree and disagree here. Gimmicks is what makes a champions unique, and honestly, every single champion has had a gimmik that was then either removed or copy and pasted into a newer champion. Kayle used to be the only one that could cast untergetability and immunity to any champion at will. Then came along the AOE super mega version with Taric's VGU. Twisted Fate used to be the only one that could teleport anywhere, now Ryze has that mechanic, and just like Taric, its a buffed up version that is AOE. Tahm Kench can eat people and negate ultimates like Vi's, which is also unique but lets not forget, Nocturne was the first to have the point and click untargetable and unstoppable lock on missle CHOO CHOO MOTHER FCKER ability. Annie used to be the first champion to summon a beast, now Yorick and ivern (and past Mordekaiser) have that. Bard is a walking Zhonyas Hourglass (and that's coming from a Bard main since release) Bard can also create tunnels and have allies and enemies use them, but you know who had the tunnels first? Rek' sai. Braum has the wall, and then came Yasuo; and speaking of walls, Anivia was the first champion to have that ability, then came Azir and later Taliyah. Now... are some gimmicks bad? Hell yeah. Aurelion Sols stars make him unable to hide in brushes. But that in itself creates a playstyle that involves the idea of commiting to a roam and not being able to hide. Much like how Riot finally "destroyed" teleport and you cant canel it anymore (best thing ever), you have to either commit or not. And that's why I think Riot decided to not hide the stars while in a brush, it denies the ability to "fake" a roam and hide in a brush OR camp a brush mid roam. Neeko, Sylas, Ornn and Pyke have cool gimmicks and honestly, unpopular opinion, they are healthy. Way healthier than some other gimmicks. Like Ziggs being able to NUKE a fcking turret. Stealing ultimates adds a twisted to the game, you have to be wise on both ends, the sylas player, and the player against sylas. In champ select too. Pyke is honestly the best sht to ever happen in the support role. I too main support, and the fact that Riot made a support for people with blood lust is great. Im tired of people picking AP midlaners and calling them support because they have ONE Stun in their entire kit. Brand, Zyra and Vel' koz were launched as midlaners, but due to their masive failure, Riot decided to tag them as supports to counter out the fact that there are actually only 15-17 supports in the game. Because one thing I agree with your support role argument, your role is to support your team by stunning, slowing, or tanking. "ctrl + alt + delete" is not support. While I find the "death is the best cc" meme hilarious, I dont like failed midlaners in the support role. And Pyke is the saving grace because HE ACTUALLY HAS SUPPORT ABILITIES. Q is a knock-back-pull-stun-slow, E is an aoe stun, and W is an incredible tool to zone people away, and the fact that stealing kills with the ultimate not only gives you gold but your teammates too is great. It is a literall win win, dumb midlaners can play support and not troll and Kill stealing no longer exists. >The Meta. Ever since 2015 Riot has stopped giving a crap about balancing the game. Since 2015 it was all about "NEW NEW NEW NEW!!!". We had the 12 months of Preseason for 3 years straight. Preseason; spring split; Mid season (preseason 2.0); preseason (for the following year). Constant change with zero space to BREATHE take it all in and what matters in strategy games ADAPT!!! Riot knows that if they dont control the metas, the entire year will be stale and Esports will be boring to watch. Remember this is all about making money, and right now, League of Legends is the leading video game in the Esports industry. Just because Twitch.tv says LoL is dead, having 200 MILLION VIEWERS watch League of legends LIVE for the 2018 worlds finals says something completely different. And just to let everyone know here, it is a world breaking record for viewership for an international event that only EUROVISION can surpass. So clearly, Riot controls the meta, to keep the game exciting and fresh, but with the intentions to keep people watching the LCS, LEC, LCK, LPL, etc. >Runes and Masteries. Personally, I like this version simply because... A) I dont waste blue essence on something essential to play B) As a support player, I can do a lot of wierd things. I used to have demolisher for my support rune page BEFORE it became meta due to the addition of the armor plates. Now, everyone has that rune. Before people would call me troll, meanwhile, I helped my team take down turrets super fast (Again, all of this before the armor plates were introduced). > Items. Honestly, just delete Rage Blade from the game, its the reason why League cannot make a decent and well balanced late game hyper carry. It is either broken, or completely useless. Has anyone seen Kog' maw recently? Last time I saw him was in 2017. How about you? > Summoner spells. At this rate, I think we can all agree that even Riot is working on it. ____ Anyway, amazing post. Cant believe I started this reply about an hour ago. But its just rare to see a good post nowadays. +1 bud.
: Rank Shaming in 2k19
I recently got rank shamed in a game. Ally Vi was tilted and started to say how in every game her teammates kept making her lose the game. You know, the typical "I deserve Challenger, my teammates are the problem" excuse. Anyway, the Vi targetted me, you know Bard is an easy target to blame because "omg you picked bard its lost!". Anyhow, Vi kept saying how its lost, we suck, you suck, he sucks, she sucks, toplane is a noob. And I proceed with ME: "Vi, relax, bad games happen. Look at me, yesterday I was Bronze one and today I am Silver 2! Anything can happen!" Vi: **"So you´re a bronze then."** ME: No, Im climbing. ______ Me trying to chear Vi up, and instead she came up with negative logic. _if the bard was bronze 1 yesterday, and he is now silver 2, clearly, he's bronze._ {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} ___ Did I have a bad bard game with Vi yes. Not gonna lie, but Im still climbing so clearly Im doing something right xD
Εlin (EUW)
: Rito's LP system is plain bullshit
The system is fine. The higher you climb, the less LP you get with wins, and the higher you climb the more LP you lose when you lose a match. Thats it the intended way. Otherwise, people would make it to diamond without breaking a sweat. Imagine an Iron player gaining 30lp up to diamond and losing 10lp with every loss. That's some next level boosting.
: Horrible Micro stuttering and fps lag latest patch
I get the same type of frame drops with bard tunnels.
Rioter Comments
: Can we get a visual rework for Mega Gnar on the Dino Gnar skin?
More champions deserve a visual update rather a freaking skin. Mega gnar on dino gnar skin looks fine. If you dont like it, either use the classic skin or buy a new skin. Riot wont give a damn, trust me. Its taken Riot over a decade to visually update the VFX of some champions that were made in 2009. What makes you think Riot will visually update a skin model from 2015? Sorry for being rude, but its the truth.
Rioter Comments
: Seeing how many polish players are in lol (both amatour and pro) and having madrid not warsaw as location, it's not about serious esport scene. Politics? I can believe that. Joke is that in Poland it would be english hands down. And lastly, trust me, first esport i watched on arena was starcraft, it's cool you have events in local languages it's better if greater community can understand what is going on and that part of knowing what's happening is crucial in sport that is more than tossing a ball all over the place (again first matches i watched was starcraft) For me it's a finger to east europe and England + Ireland (should I mention Scandinavia and other smaller entities)
> Politics? I can believe that Why would Spanish politics give a flying fck about a video game sport? Please think about that for a second. Why would SPAIN, who has a pretty embarrising political system within the European Union care about Esports? Rather than politcal, it is cultural. Spain is passionate about any sport in which we have a big influence, we dont have to be great, but as long as there is a huge influence, we will cheer for it. And that brings in money. If you have noticed the last times a League event has ben either in Spain (Madrid, Barcelona) or France (Paris), both Riot and the crowd saw a huge boost. Crowds bring more energy and are much more interactive, which not only intertains the viewers at home, but the Rioters and casters in the venue doing their job. Look at worlds 2015, the group stages were much more fun and epic because of the crowds reaction #FrenchPower. Spain is just French noise on steroids (and if you are french, it might be vice-versa). _____________ I understand that its nice to have casters speak english, its easier for other visitors. But here is where the political bullsht does come in. Spain and France have historically done a lot, and their international influence is as big as China's. In the case of Spain, it is the 3 most spoken language in the world (if we only include native speakers), and English only being 4th. So there is a huge sense of PRIDE, and France knows that better than anyone, thats why they always sing in french and the news announcers are also speaking EXCLUSIVELY in French. IF the crowd is going to be mostly spanish or french, we will speak our native tongue, we also cast for south America which are 90% spanish speakers (10% being Brazil). And hey, if you are from England or Ireland, I only recommend you start learning a second language, because not everyone will want to speak english, a lot of people do that just to literally pss english speakers off. I have been to all events in Madrid and Barcelona, and when I said "you barely pay attention to the casters" I 100% mean it. Most of the time you are just looking at the screen and YOU YOURSELF can predict what the teams will do. If something as stupid as a language barrier is going to stop you from enjoying a once in a life time experience then thats your own decision. When I went to ALL-STARS Barcelona there were a lot of people from ASIA, USA, North Europe and Eastern Europe (I could hear the languages outside of the venue before and after the games). All I saw was a lot of smiling faces and laughter, and the people that spoke english where having a blast, and they did not understand sht. But they got to see their favorite players in STAGE and take photos with them as well as have a nice memory. As for the 2015 Summer Split, there was a lot of English in between games, and that was a HUGE improvement from 2015 where there was NO ENGLISH. If Spain and France got the better deals is because they offered a price that RIOT could not refuse, not to mention that so far, the best crowds have been in those two places. An interactive crowd can change the perspective of a video game, from looking like a chess game to a FIFA worlds final, and I fcking hate football (A fcking spaniard who hates football), yet seeing and hearing the crowd is what blows my mind. Englad in 2015 was nice for the audience, but the crowd was dead, same goes for when Riot went to Sweden, Belgium and other places. _________________ If you wanna be somewhat close minded and not attend because "fcking sht the host country is speaking in their native language!" then I suggest you never leave your country to travel, because not everything will be in english for you. So, either decide to attend and live an experience of a life time, or decide to sit and home sitting in your office/room or living room wishing you could watch an event like this LIVE. I understand that annoyance of not having something in a language you can understand, but that should not stop you. Also, just to let you know. When ANY League of Legends event was in China, Vietnam, Taiwan, Korea, and Brazil, the venue was not in english. Did that stop people from other countries from visiting and attending the event? NO, lots of people still went, and they still had a fcking blast. Spain and France arent the only places with native casters.
Rioter Comments
: Better give NA some compensation :)
i love the summoner name xD
: Season 3 EUW nostalgia. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
lmao, vietnam flashbacks.
: Get your tickets for LEC Summer Finals in Athens!
now we just need the dates for Worlds!
Εlin (EUW)
: I need Ascension back in my life
Ill ask for ascension once the other left for dead game modes make 20 apperances first.
Timarius (EUW)
: Losing time farming token because server down
Riot will probably give us an extra two days. Not the first time they done this.
: Cant see what my friends playin after new patch
I bet rito is gonna say something like "we believe that the previous system was way to spy on people and could be considered violation of virtual privacy, bla bla bla SJW american bs"
: Is Qiyana a kardashian?
wE mUsT cReAtE ChAmPiOnS tHaT rEpReSenTs EvErY bOdY tYPe. I never thought Plastic surgery was a body type.
: the fact that there is more porn of yuumi than there is of qiyana speaks volumes about her...
Odoring (EUW)
: What language will the venue sound be in (in Madrid and Paris)?
Spain will be 100% in Spanish. And France in french. If you want an english cast, go to Berlin.
: Well to be honest, 3 locations for all the Europe is a huge letdown. Especially if you take into account that 2 locations are not going to be hosted in English. Meh. No Worlds for me then.
Riot did say that they in Europe, they will host in cities where Esports is taken serious. Seeing how big Spain is in Esports, its not a surprise. And France is internationally friendly for air travel. As for casting, trust me its the last thing you really listen to when in a live match. I am spanish and I never pay attention to the casters. And in last years Summer Finals, the EU casters were very active.
: People who smurf to hardstomp a game and write you suck at the end are the saddest people
: Is turret plate a healthy mechanic in the game?
The gold, I dont know what to say, but for the plating itself, I genuinly enjoy it. I hate, from the bottom of my heart the fact that turrets are weaker than a cold breeze in the summer. I want a massive turret to do fcking turret things. Like TANK damage and DEAL damage. One thing I never liked about League was the fact that before, turrets could fall in the 5 minute mark. I want turrets to survive, because that is their main function. Turrets are not meant to be gold machines, they are built to stall the game, that is the core purpose. Turrets are a mechanic to DEFEND the base, hence why you have to destroy them if you want to win, but if the turrets cant defend, then what on earth is their damn point?!
: Poro as a Little Legend - Teamfight Tactics
Dont worry, Riot will add more little legends every patch, so expect them to sell a poro little legend for 750RP and 750Rp skins for them. Riot knows a poro little legend will be picked a lot, why else do you think they are keeping it for later? Remember, you cannot think like a player in these situations, you have to think like a corporate share holder with 10 million in their bank account.
Smerk (EUW)
: Well, it kinda makes sense to stop doing login music. Saved login credentials will make login screen obsolete, so why bother making something that most people will never see or hear. Also they didn't say that they will stop making music. Only login music will go away. Literally from their news post: > This change also frees up the art and music teams to put more time into other exciting projects. So, we just have to wait and see(or hear for purely musical projects)
The music department at this point, besides login screen have made mostly pop/electronic music. Barely any instrumental since Varu's music video. Riot better bring the big guns because otherwise they are just simply cutting out staff, and that's a fact.
: I wouldn't be surprised if she gets one this year. Kai'sa mains better be greatful.
Show more

DELDE115

Level 99 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion