: Riot Should make champ dual wielding swords or blades
{{champion:55}} {{champion:238}} Dual wielding daggers ("mini swords") Dual wielding blades
: How to "Karma"farm on boards?
If you want free upvotes, you can just copy and paste everything from Surrender@20 That´s how I got to 13.9k upvotes.
VIKT0RIN0 (EUW)
: League did a "Karius"
Apparently, annoucing that the **second Clash** is a **beta test** means hyping and that everything should work perfectly. Interesting.
Pyrosen (EUW)
: What's your favourite skin?
Hard decision to be completely honest. But if I had to choose ONE, its Headless Hecarim. Cool model, perfect theme, and cheap (compared to todays standards of pricing).
: Google Knows How The Playerbase feels
DEGU Mcload (EUNE)
: I've been in Paris for the Finals last year (and previously in Hamburg and Krakow and the WC semis in Brussels 2015) and it is definitely NOT WORTH it if you does not understand the language. That final was definitely for the French crowd and they didn't bothered a single %%%% to anyone not speaking French. I suppose the same for spanish commentary. It is for the local crowd. Meanwhile the previous events in English, was a huge for everyone and every language (as it was in English that everyone can understand - anyway the game is in English, not?:)
It´s not that in some events they care for the crowd or not. Sometimes, the country demands the language, and Riot has nothing else to do but shut up and adapt. France and Spain are the only countries in EU that have native casters.
Rioter Comments
Leovwin (EUW)
: Thanks for the replies. I considered going there for the finals but as I don't speak Spanish that wouldn't be worth it for me...
its actually pretty worth to be honest. The venue has so much echo that you cant even hear the casters, I dont even pay attention to them at all. Trust me its worth going. Dont let casters decide your choice
Shiwah (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Torpedosheep,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=eGoexPms,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-06-03T11:47:17.419+0000) > > I wish we could keep Butcher's Bridge forever though... No please, it hurts my eyes ;^;
Maybe a rotation between both Aram maps? Monthly rotation? Could work.
TKM Axe (EUW)
: despacito
Eeeeso es racist, me siento baaastante ofendido, ya que soy un españolito, get rekt by the banerinooooo! Frooooooom Rito.
Leovwin (EUW)
: So if you go to Madrid to watch the finals, you'll only hear Spanish? When I watched the finals in Rotterdam, the casters were there as well and you could hear the official cast commentary.
depending on the country, commentary will change. France was in French Sweden was in English Germany is always in English Spain is in Spanish China is in madarin Taiwan in Taiwanese etc. ____ Im telling you from my experiences in 2015 Spring Finals in Madrid and All-Stars Barcelona which I have been to both. LIVE arena casters are spanish, just like in France the casters are french.
Possible (EUW)
: Will the ingame commentary be in spanish or in english?
Live will be in spanish. But the stream will be in english. Trust me when I say that even we spaniards want the OG english casters to cast live. But dont worry, you barely pay attention to them when the game plays. Palacio Vistalegre has a lot of echo and the crowd is loud as hell.
: The 2018 EU LCS Summer Finals heads to Madrid!
Hype train has started baby TODOS ABORDO!!!!!!
: Account banned for 3rd party applications, but i never used some.
Since you are a serious player, you should have known that Riot never tells banned players how they got banned. You should know they do this because it prevents people from creating backdoors.
Maxilox (EUW)
: Riot actually banned me for writing "wow" in chat
One game cant get you banned. It´s a multi-layer process.
xPurplex (EUW)
: Honor System
The system is pretty decent. I dont think a progress bar would do much simple because it´s a "long" process for the avarage Joe (friendly, but not too much like Spongebob). A progress bar would in theory make players lose patience. The little notifications when you get key fragments are honestly pretty great. Big confidence booster that makes players not only feel nice but also make players want to get more keys. ___ Also, to change the topic a little bit, but somewhat referring to the progress bar. Leveling up in honor takes about a month. To add more precision, it takes roughly about a month to get one orb if you´re an avarage player and gets honors daily. 1 month = 1 orb 4 months = an entire level (honor lvl 3 to honor lvl 4) Again, rough estimate.
: It is 17th of may and patch came yesterday I cant buy my skin Is it still not out{{champion:98}}
its not available yet, wait until next week.
: Twisted Treeline
Riot wont bother. They primary focus is Summoners Rift.
Rioter Comments
Hansiman (EUNE)
: https://i.imgur.com/ZOO3BY8.jpg The ultimate Nocturne cosplay. Bet you thought this was just the splashscreen. https://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/emoticons/v1/101448/2.0
Rioter Comments
: is spoiling a movie a reportable offense?
Im upvoting this, I want to know what Riot thinks about this.
: Become a League of Legends Volunteer! - (Applications open)
Third time´s a charm. Good luck dudes.
: Anyone got anything yet? Or is everyone still waiting?
Rioter Comments
: Yeah because with Perkz kinda underperforming and Rekkles and Caps playing out of their minds you couldn't just put in *insert random EU LCS toplaner here* and still win this series, also there has never been a substitution in the final ever before in the western hemisphere, even in playoffs I think Omargod subbed in for Dardoch by CLG is the only time that ever happened. It wasn't playful, he sounded quite serious when he said that. That's what bothers me. Many people joke a little and have a laugh but that didn't seem to be the case here. I don't really follow EU LCS that closely so this was the first time I heard Bwipo speak but he made not a good first impression on me.
he just wants to state that "hey, just because I am a substitute, doesn´t mean Im crap". He is showing off in the interview, I can somewhat agree, but dont worry about it. Bragging goes two ways talking and walking (although in this case walking would be the equivalent of playing League professionally).
: I really disliked Bwipo's interview attitude though, comes in for the injured sOAZ, gets the Dyrus treatment for the first two games in the series and then says yeah I'm the best top in EU clearly better than Wunder. Yeah sure mate. I mean he played really good for a substitute and his Sion knockups were awesome in teamfights but he has clearly some flaws in his play still. I'd compare him to CG Solo in NA, not a bad player for sure but does Solo come out and say I'm better than Huni? I hate this overconfident trash talking with nothing to back it up. Look at Caps, he's one of the best mid laners in Europe for a while now, he can do that. With Bwipo it just feels so awkward, a rookie who played average at best trash talking like he clapped Wunder like Caps did with Perkz, please, he did not. Loved Rekkles after the match. He is all everyone talks about, like Caps and Broxah get asked in the stage interview after they just won the title how it felt to get carried by Rekkles basically, what's that question, srsly? And Rekkles doesn't do the whole yeah I'm the best player in Europe by far blabla, he waits for his team to lift the trophy together with him, then doesn't lift it alone as the first one but lets Broxah do it, in the Lounge interview with Sjokz he praises his team for setting him up all the time, he didn't do that much himself etc. He could've said yeah with Zven gone to NA there's just no real ADC in the league besides him or whatever. No, he stays humble. Like a Korean player would. That's true greatness. I hope should Bwipo get to play at MSI (if sOAZ doesn't recover in time that is) he'll get smashed by Khan, Impact, Ssumday or whoever plays toplane in China like Flame horizon and three solo kills or something. Come down to earth, kid.
Let the kid have some fun. He is the only sub to actually go 3-0 in a finals in the western hemisphere. It´s also playful banter. We will see how good Bwipo is in MSI and Riftrivals.
Rioter Comments
: 🌼 Volunteer Springtime Event - Winners & Conclusion 🌼
Free icon?! #LEGENDARY!!!!!!!! ######For real, thanks :D
: Oh yeah they only released, Renektoy, Moo Cow Alistar and a few other funny skins right?
: The missions actually made me chuckle. And the skins are funny too. I personally like funny skins more than some with big flashy effects. I love the icon and the changed raptors too! And seriously what did Riot do for 2017 April fool's? I can't remember...
Last year there wasn´t an event, which is wierd considering previous years did. Only god knows what was going on at Riot.
GLurch (EUW)
: The Draven Day back in 2016 was the most enjoyable april fools I personally had so far actually, to the point where I hoped they do something similar again, even if it seemed like it was a ton of work for Riot. I really loved the stream and I found the whole Draven meme really funny too. :( The april fools nowadays just seem... like nothing big. A new gamemode, a few missions, skins, basically the same as any other event in the year. There's literally no difference between April Fools and Harrowing other than the theme of the missions/skins being different and the gamemode being a different one, the basic concept is the same.
Well, if you think about it, the Draven joke was the same as other events, just draven themed. Sure there were no missions, but it was just as basic as the harrowing. And it was a lot of work for nothing. One thing I miss were the icon missions from back in the day. Stuff like "play a X game mode and get an icon" "play a game with 5 premade in Aram, get an icon", "get all icons and unlock a cooler icon" Those types of missions I miss the most.
Rioter Comments
Marissa (EUW)
: The true Easter Bunny Bard - sends Delde an angrery look. It's bard in a Bunny onesie with little bunnies that follow him around as meeps while he collects nicely painted chime-eggs. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/346749294520565770/430120669200515072/Bard.png https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/346749294520565770/430123457163034626/Rabbitmeeps.png ######YES I TOOK DELDES COLOUR BEFORE I REALISED HE WAS DOING IT TOO; guess I should recolour ________________________________________________________ So ehrm, I was working on a better drawing anyway - why not recolor it? As my boyfriend really loves Bard I decided to go do it in pencil - so he can have the result and hang it on his wall :P. Using digital to make a plan and see if his "MAKE IT PINK" works. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/346749294520565770/432289051265990656/unknown.png Now lets see if I can finish the pencil drawing in time >.> I got the detailed sketch worked out (slightly more detailed/clearer than the digital one) - now to color it and study and go out all in one day. __________________________________________________________ ######last edit, I pwomise :3 https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/346749294520565770/432494329056198656/IMG_20180408_125728477.jpg A decent amount of pencils and colors later - my pencil box is extra deorganized (try to put all those back in the right order) and I've a finished slightly more decent piece to submit on top of all the other stuff [#art_and_film in the Boards Discord (by volunteers) is filled with my progress pics rn :P]. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/346749294520565770/432494246902366208/IMG_20180408_125650744.jpg Have the pencil drawing submitted right here, as a picture, followed by a scan. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/346749294520565770/432503375041658886/BardoScan.jpg ###### now my bf has a new pencil drawing for his wall ^^
I was just mesing around xD The color looks great though.
: Springtime Skin Contest! - Volunteer Event
https://i.imgur.com/l6zCfyz.jpg Easter Bunny BARD, picasso style, I guess, or Dalí, your choice xD It´s easter, its April fools, thought I had some fun. _________ Okay, for real though. The Bard splash was just to kid around and Marissa. This would be my legitimate entry, something a doodled a few months ago and made specifically for April Fools. https://i.imgur.com/QfInUTz.jpg
Rioter Comments
ZakanSparta (EUNE)
: Please update Pulsfire Ezreal...
You do know that Riot updated the skin during the release of Pulsefire Caitlyn, right? Sure, even after the incredible update, P E is still not up to par to the rest of the ultimate skins, but its reasonable. Pulse Fire Ezreal is the first ever Ultimate skin. It wont have the same toys and gadgets as the other ultimate skins. Also, you cannot compare a skin from 2012 (Pulse Fire Ezreal´s year of release) with a skin from 2017. That´s a 5 year gap! You also had refund tokens at the time before Riot took them away, so you could have perfectly refunded PE if you didnt like it.
: so, first they disappoint you then gg?
no, I sad its not original. But the change is big enough that it´s "new" and fresh. It´s a win, just not an "out of the park" result.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rismosch (EUW)
: Yeah it looks cool, but how would you make a movie? If you just have "good" visuals and no story, you'll end up with something like Transformers. I mean seriously, what are those trailers? Nothing but stunning visuals, right? There is the backstory everyone knows, which gives them a little bit of depth, but nothing more. They are so easily forgotten, because literally nothing happens except BAM BAM POW KABOOOOM DEATH FIGHT BATTLE. I mean just look at the video you posted. What exactly happened? 1. Yasuo plays flute, shortly after goes into battle 2. Taliah rides the stones and blocks projectiles 3. Ekko fights and plays with time, Blitz hooks someone 4. Miss Fortune tries to swim away from some tentacles 5. Lucian battles some Zombies (or what they are) and Thresh watches What happened besides fighting? What happend story wise? What tried the trailer to communicate? There was no story, just visuals, nothing else. This trailer more than anything just shows what the animation team is capable of, but the story is completely irrelevant. You know that they are fighting, even if you would have not a single clue who those characters are. Do we want a Transformers LoL Edition? I havily doubt that. But this is not everything. There are so many champions in that game, each with it's own backstory and lore. How are you going to make a meaningfull movie, if there is so much content to consider? Riot could make a movie of just one character, or just one location. But that would throw out so much lore that this game has to offer. If Riot would do something like this they would piss off a big portion of the community. They could make multiple movies, each with it's own champions and settings, but that takes an aweful amount of work and time and I doubt that Riot, a videogame company, knows how to do that properly. You would need alot of people for a project like this and I don't think RIot has enough people for this job. I don't even think RIot has the right people to do such a job in the first place! And no, don't even ask for a movie starring every location and every champion. That's just a terrible idea. With so many characters and locations, you can't really make a plot out of it. And even if you could, it would be so difficult to follow, it would just confuse everyone. If you expect the movie to be 2 hours long, then you can give each champion around 50 seconds of screentime to feature everyone. How can you tell the story of a single champion in such a short amount of time? I guess you could, but if you've ever read any of Riots stories you know that the bar is high. You just can't tell a story in 50 seconds on Riots level of storytelling. No matter how I try think about this, I see only flaws. A LoL movie would not work. It just wouldn't. If for whatever reason Riot still tries to make one, they will shoot themselfes into the foot and it wont be good.
Riot, could, in a way try the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) formula, which if done right, could succeed quite well. My thought process, which I´ve given a lot of thought, though mostly for a TV series, was that Riot made a movie per region. Runeterra has a total of 14 regions, and each region has a lot of lore, so much so that Riot could make a movie of the lore without needing to use a single champion and instead create new characters, new characters that Riot can potentionally incorporate into the game later on. The idea I had in mind was that the Shadow Isle would be the "END GAME" region, just like Thanos is the END GAME for the Avengers Inifinity Wars movies. When Riot revampt the Shadow Isles, one of the key plot points was that at the myst would end up consuming everything, all of Runeterra. So, my idea was, make a movie based around The Shadow Isles trying to take over the whole world, and attacking all major regions, including maybe 5 champions per region (one or two being the protagonists and the rest being secondary). Each movie would have its own plot dealing with the lore of their region, but somehow all plots are connected by the shadow Isles trying to take control, much like how all Freljord champion lores all end up with "Lissandra will freeze everything, I must be the one to stop her" (this type of lore is seen in Anivia, Ashe, Udyr, Volibear, and many others). Then the final movie would consist of all regions teamming up against The Shadow Isles. Now, in my opinion, in order for this to work, in the hypothetical case that Riot makes a LCU (League Cinematic Universe), is that they annouce this idea before making a movie, aka tell the world "Guys, we are making a League Cinematic Universe, consisting of X amount of movies". If Riot annouces this from the start, critics and players will be more open minded towards the film, as the plot of the movie would end in a sort of cliff hanger. Not to mention that any detail that wasnt mentioned in the movie can be later incorporated in the sequels (just like how most infinity stones were featured in the MCU). Noticed how early Marvel Movies, like Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk, were staying close to realism as possible, and with each new movie, Marvel would incorporate more and more sci-fi (the Infinity gems, Aliens in Guardians of the Galaxy, magic with Dr. Strange, etc). The MCU movies kept adding more and more stuff slowly to make sure viewers could keep up with what the Marvel Universe is really all about, and its being executed perfectly. What most video game movies lack is this process. They try to put everything to please the fan base and end up making an uncooked sloppy joe (its a type of "burger", google it). A League of Legends movie doesnt need to show all 130 champions, it´s goddam ridiculous and impossible to execute, the Marvel and DC Universes have over 300 characters and only 20 were featured in movies. While Riot may not have the crew to make a movie plot, they could hire one, and team them up with the World building team, since they are the ones in charge of what´s happening in Runeterra. Of course making a movie is completely different then making cinematic trailer, which I have to say has story, even if you dont have the eyes. The story in the cinematic trailer is to confront a difficult opponent or task. If you Analyze the trailer piece you can see a story being told by all champions. Let me explain it. - We start with Yasuo, he is calm and relaxed, but then is interrupted by an ambush. He turns around to face the mountain side (where the enemies are) and climbs the hill. We then transition to Taliyah who is at a fast pace trying to defend from Xerath´s attack, we see her block the attacks with a stunning wall, she is progressing in the comfrrontation. We then move to Ekko, who just used his ultimate Chrono break, telling us that what ever herdid failed, so he casts the ability and we see him retrace his footsteps succeding in previous failed attempts only to fail once more and fall during the climb. The we transition to Miss Fortune, we see her drown, meaning that she failed her comfrontation, but then wakes up and grabs her pistol, giving us the message that while she failed, the climb is still not over. Then the final piece, Lucian, we see him struggle as he ascends his way up the hill fighting of a wave of the undead only to face off against Thresh, who is at the top waiting for him for the final battle of the climb. Then queue the bacl screen followed by the text "CLIMB". The whole story, while very simple was to promote the start of the ranked season, to promote players to get ready to climb up in the ranks. Believe it or not, all trailers have a story, I´ll give it to you that some are just pure out awful, but that doesnt mean there isnt a story involved. Sometimes it´s just poorly narrated or shown.
: Yeah a movie based off a game: Mortal KOmbat Super Mario brothers Tekken Warcraft Street Fighter Master Pieces of Cinema Btw these games had ...oh what its called......A STORY!
Tomb Raider (the first one) was a fun movie though. Also, most of the movies mentioned are from the 90s aka, pure sht when it comes to cinema. As for Warcraft, well, that´s Hollywood not respecting the lore, or if anything, not make an interesting story. Still, WarCraft as a step forward, still bad, but not pure sht.
GPet (EUW)
: (Action focused) shorts and (forcably plot-driven) movies are a bit different though... Also, why would 'we' (for whoever wants to include themselves) deserve anything nice? x3
Because we are loyal customers.
Fathands (EUW)
: Well they voiced their opinions about a movie. But I would like them to make a small web series or something to test things out. I don't see the risk in that.
I actually prefer an animated series to be honest, digital (Pixar style) or anime style. A lot more open to the public in my opinion.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Sebtional (EUW)
: come to the german boards, my longest conversation there was 5 replies long... riot doesnt seem to care about anything but the na boards, i mean they just got a new look and the german board doesnt even get the seasonal backgrounds...
I can imagine the german boards being dead, the same thing happens in the spanish boards xD
Show more

DELDE115

Level 61 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion