Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Jannas Bro (EUNE)
: how can you do such report when you have no clue of it :D you are saying that you do not speak about the game itself but many people love to interpret psychological statistics and you're also exploring player's behavior but what influenced player's behavior - the game :D
Sure we could also look at player behavior in DOTA 2, it doesn't really matter, we picked LoL because of the popularity of the game. If we tested gameplay then is it a different case, but we are only looking at players and their behavior, not any game elements. Also doing research like this as projects is perfectly fine, I am actually quite sure that we don't need permission of the creators of the game to do such tests. This is not a review of their game, it is a research of their players.
: GL with your research. What is your question, and will you be posting the results? I'm curious :)
Sure we can post what we find out :)
kortik425 (EUW)
: I did it, but we want to know the result in the future ;) what are the statistics etc... :D
Seems like a few wants to know it, we might make a post about it when we get the results :P
Jannas Bro (EUNE)
: I thought you needed permission from riot to do such research on their game? I was planning to do a research around league of legends and if it increases empathy and decision making but I thought there's way too much research on this already. Imagine your research get published riot will instantly sue you because they didn't give you permission to research their game, they are also short on money right now so yes lol
As stated is this for a Bachelor project, so we are actually never going to publish a paper on this or anything (as we are just students), it is just a required assignment that we DO some research with the right tools (in this case a online survey). So I do not think it will be a issue... we might show our numbers as some people seem curious about it so we will go that far, but nothing will be published :) I am also not sure how this works... can Riot sue us if we did publish it? It is not because we go in and say "THIS GAME IS BAD!!!" or anything as we are looking at the players and not the game itself.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments

DoD1992

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion