: alt + tab (in the game) = crash
That sounds like a problem that occurs with DirectX. This has been seen in a variety of games and software when switching from FS to windowed view. I am sure that someone more techy will correct me if I am wrong. But it might be worth running DXDiag,exe and checking that you have the lastest drivers for your graphics card/chips.
: i was permanently banned after i got 14 day suspension and didnt even flamed. only 1 chat log
: When you lose 8 of your placements it becomes an useless system. Telling from experience sigh
> [{quoted}](name=Sergioshi1,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=a3t2ilLZ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-28T16:24:24.599+0000) > > When you lose 8 of your placements it becomes an useless system. Telling from experience sigh If you lose 8 of your placements...are you sure that it is the system that is 'useless'?
jotarowo (EUNE)
: so is 1 report really as strong as 4?
Riot have said themselves that 1 report is enough to trigger an investigation. So, it doesn't matter that they were a 4 man premade. Even if it had have been a solo player then you would have had the same result.
Murdarici (EUNE)
: When I said their behavior is normal ? Their behavior is not normal, your is also not normal, bouth should stop doing that, system detect more easy toxic chat then intentional feed/grifing so that's why more players are punished because of toxic chats. It's more easy to scan a text then to take so many aspects into consideration to detect an intional bad play. But since some players start complaining on boards that they were banned for intentional fed it's a proof they get punished to but I assume not in so large numbers. But also they are not so many as flamers, I see toxic flame in every game, I rarely see somebody real trolling or real intentional feeding. Instead I see a lot of players accusing somebody of trolling/inting when they do not.
> [{quoted}](name=Murdarici,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=c7fUg38V,comment-id=000400000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-24T22:52:13.800+0000) > > When I said their behavior is normal ? > > Their behavior is not normal, your is also not normal, bouth should stop doing that, system detect more easy toxic chat then intentional feed/grifing so that's why more players are punished because of toxic chats. > > It's more easy to scan a text then to take so many aspects into consideration to detect an intional bad play. But since some players start complaining on boards that they were banned for intentional fed it's a proof they get punished to but I assume not in so large numbers. > > But also they are not so many as flamers, I see toxic flame in every game, I rarely see somebody real trolling or real intentional feeding. Instead I see a lot of players accusing somebody of trolling/inting when they do not. I think that you might be wasting your time with this one. He is just trolling you now.
: Ok.... So, i posted this yesterday while i was a bit angry with other stuff and my emotions got the better of me... I apologize for this post. I wasn't thinking straight..
> [{quoted}](name=AutumnLunarTears,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=f382i7QJ,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-01-25T12:37:19.100+0000) > > Ok.... So, i posted this yesterday while i was a bit angry with other stuff and my emotions got the better of me... I apologize for this post. I wasn't thinking straight.. No shit xd Glad you have calmed down a bit :)
Febos (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dr Wasabi65,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=uhGiyHFA,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-01-25T08:35:30.900+0000) > > is that MMR is 'based on the ELO system' The ELO system they are talking about is what came from [Chess](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system). Many games use a similar approach to it. Basically, any game that requires you to be matched with other players on a competive level will probably use something like that. We must make the distinction, because we have 3 confliting names. MMR, ELO system (Chess) and ELO system (League). The first two is what they refer as being "very similar". The 3rd one is just a "paint coat" - as Shiwah put it.
> [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=uhGiyHFA,comment-id=0001000000010000,timestamp=2019-01-25T10:03:53.590+0000) > > The ELO system they are talking about is what came from [Chess](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system). > Many games use a similar approach to it. Basically, any game that requires you to be matched with other players on a competive level will probably use something like that. > > We must make the distinction, because we have 3 confliting names. MMR, ELO system (Chess) and ELO system (League). The first two is what they refer as being "very similar". The 3rd one is just a "paint coat" - as Shiwah put it. Yes, I understood what they meant. I was also referring to the ELO system. Maybe we are talking at cross purposes here?
: > [{quoted}](name=Dr Wasabi65,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=c7fUg38V,comment-id=00000004,timestamp=2019-01-25T01:44:41.699+0000) > > I am not a Riot fanboy, and I am not a toxic. So your point doesn't really stand up. Yes you are, I've seen your past posts and comments. End of the story
> [{quoted}](name=ironisseven1,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=c7fUg38V,comment-id=000000040000,timestamp=2019-01-25T09:53:23.903+0000) > > Yes you are, I've seen your past posts and comments. > End of the story Got a link?
: > Let me break there. What you're talking about is probably the ELO system. MMR and ELO are different things.. MMR is just a number. It's in the name actually: Match Making Rating. It's a number to allow the matchmaker with finding fair matches. ELO was just a representation of that number for Ranked games. ELO and MMR are the same thing. Also I have never been in a situation where my MMR has matched my rank, and this preseason I played near to 200 matches and my current MMR is completely out of whack with my rank. How many matches should I play before it all evens out? You also haven't answered my question: Why do we need both MMR and leagues/divisions? This is for ranked matches only. Normal draft matches don't have leagues or divisions so it makes sense to use MMR still, but why use it for ranked matches? You are right that we could remove the ranks and the game would work exactly the same, so why bother having them? Alternatively, answer me this: What would happen if they took MMR away and did the matchmaking based solely on player rank? Would it be any worse than what we have now?
>ELO and MMR are the same thing. This is where it is confusing, mostly because Riot don't really tell us much about their matchmaking system. All they say (on the website) is that MMR is 'based on the ELO system'. So they are different, but also very similar. In both cases they provide a number that is representative of your current skill level. In the ELO system, your current ELO is adjusted according to your winrate and the ELO of your opponents. For reasons known only to Riot, we are not allowed to know what our actual MMR is. Instead we have this clunky system of ranks and tiers, which are not always representative of the MMR; hence you can have players of different ranks and tiers all in the same game. If MMR was visible to us then there wouldn't be all the complaints about "I am gold why am I being matched with silvers". Personally, I would get rid of the current rank system and just make it a direct correlate of the MMR. i.e: Iron 800-900; bronze 901-1000...etc. In that way your rank would be a direct reflection of your current skill level. I am currently playing a different game that uses the system that you talk about; where you can climb ranks but cannot fall. Following a nice run I got to gold but since then have lost a load of games, but I am still in gold. So, my rank is meaningless.
: True, but expect downvotes since the fanboys here will Defend Riot TILL DEATH. They will most likely counter your arguments with some stupid bullshit that makes no sense. Edit: oof I managed to trigger some of them
> [{quoted}](name=ironisseven1,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=c7fUg38V,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-24T21:19:21.370+0000) > > True, but expect downvotes since the fanboys here will Defend Riot TILL DEATH. > They will most likely counter your arguments with some stupid bullshit that makes no sense. > Edit: oof I managed to trigger some of them I am not a Riot fanboy, and I am not a toxic. So your point doesn't really stand up. Enough with the strawman arguments, don't portray anyone who disagrees with you as a fanboy. It makes you look a bit stupid to be honest. As for your argument; you think that it is ok to be toxic? Fine, go get yourself banned. The majority of the playerbase doesn't want to play with people like you anyway.
: But then again why do people get punished for defending themselves? A lot of people are only toxic because of other toxic players. Basically, Cure the disease, Not the symptoms.
> [{quoted}](name=My Names Gumbas,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=xqIzvZsl,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-09T08:59:00.772+0000) > > But then again why do people get punished for defending themselves? A lot of people are only toxic because of other toxic players. > Basically, Cure the disease, Not the symptoms. But most people aren't toxic back to toxic players. The problem is very much with the people that flame back; it only escalates an already bad situation. We can't get rid of the toxicity but we can learn to ignore/mute them. Toxic players are most likely to be players with a lower than average intelligence anyway. Trying to engage in any kind of meaningful dialogue with them is only going to make them worse! Don't feed the trolls basically.
Silent Note (EUNE)
: Why is Twitch chat so toxic during championships?
People who type in chat on Twitch streams like that one are not the smartest people you will ever encounter. I always go full screen so I don't have to see it.
jOsJmJack (EUW)
: 14 days ban after one game report?
So, your ADC was abusive towards you even though he/she made a mistake...ok, that happens to all supports at some point. What you did wrong was: 1) you didn't just mute him 2) you spend a looong time in chat going on about how bad he (and everyone else) is playing 3) you left him in lane alone to die 1v2, then accused him of 'feeding' 4) you became tilted by this other abusive player and then acted in the same way by being negative and spamming chat 5) you did all these things in the knowledge that you already had chat restrictions in the past. Sorry, but you should have just muted and reported him, and carried on playing without abusing everyone else in chat. Deserved in my opinion. You have 14 days to think about how you might want to deal with these situations in the future.
: Well, people get offended easily nowadays. Internet is not a safe place and some people forget this. I'm not toxic to be honest, I really understand mistakes, it happens to everyone, everyone can mess up sometimes, you can't be perfect or play this game perfectly, if we were then we should have been all in Challenger. But when I ping a teammate not to go into a specific zone because it's warded or there are enemies or when I tell a teammate 5 times to not do something that might get him killed and he still does it, with all due sincerity I will call him a %%%%ing idiot. Like a few games ago I had an ADC that loved to face check bushes like he had some evil pleasure for it and died like 6 times because of it. After every time he died I told him to stop doing it and he simply continued to do it regardless of what I told him and the rest of our teammates. Eventually I snapped and told him he is a god damn idiot piece of shit. With those exact words. Toxicity is not real, or at least it became a trend. If I call someone an idiot because he is an idiot I'm not toxic. However if I start crossing a line with really serious stuff I agree, it's toxicity like wishing death or other bad things. The worst I ever did was to call someone a ret.ard once because I was really pissed at him for doing all sorts of stupid stuff if I remember correctly. "Toxicity" as many people call it is a natural behavior. Like in real life, at work for example, your boss tells you to do something a certain way and you don't, he will be probably pissed and call you an idiot. That's it, but it doesn't mean he is a toxic person. People should develop a thicker skin I guess and that's it.
>Well, people get offended easily nowadays. Internet is not a safe place and some people forget this. But this is a game hosted on private servers by a private company that wants to provide a game that is not infested with toxic kids annoying the hell out of everyone. If you want to hide behind your keyboard and offend other people then there are many places on the internet for you to go and spew bile at random strangers. Riot (and the community) have decided that they don't want the game experience to be like that. Deal with it or move on.
SaulTight (EUNE)
: The League of Pay To Win
>Time to play some fortnite and delete this trash. The most intelligent thing that you have said. Seriously, this game is clearly making you angry (judging by your recent posts). So why stick around? Why continue to do something that you don't enjoy? It makes no sense. I hope you find another game that you can play and enjoy in the way that you must have enjoyed this one at some point. Good luck and Happy Christmas!
: i still find perma banning for words ridiculous especially when they dont involve words like c@ncer or homophobia. rito is super strict like its kindergarten
It is not Riot, it is the community. They base their policy on the complaints received by other players. In other words, it is the community that wants rid of toxic players, Riot are just executing the will of the players.
Rena (EUW)
: Merry Christmas
SaulTight (EUNE)
: The League of Pay To Win
Go and do something productive with your life, troll.
: Iron IV after first match
You haven't been 'put in iron' because you haven't yet finished your placements. That is just an indication of where you are starting from. If you keep on winning then your final placement will put you somewhere more appropriate. Once you have finished you will be placed. Even if you end up in a low rank, as you are clearly plat level, then you will get massive LP gains and climb quickly/jump divisions. Good luck with the rest of your placements.
: It would be very worrying to see someone with a child still wasting his time on a VIDEO GAME
: blind pick is awesome. ?
Blind pick is a complete nightmare. If I didn't have enough time to wait for draft I just wouldn't play. It is basically a free-for-all.
GreyfellD (EUW)
: How can Riot expect perfection in their players and punish them harshly with bans when...
Zanador (EUNE)
: 12 years of MOBA experience. I don't play with champions, i play with people. As everyone here suggested: i also test the waters first. Start the matches by testing how my opponent reacts to aggression, poking, positioning, baiting, etc. People have patterns, and if you look carefully, you can see slight mistakes everywhere. Someone just needs a bit too much time to react to your movements after they take a CS, or they overvalue a cannon minion. Sometimes they take a step back when you show aggression, even tho you know they should be able to at least trade well with you if they knew how to do it. Over the voice chat, the most common line i say to my friends before my first kill is "this guy is not confident enough". Then again, overconfidence can be spotted and used to your advantage as well. The most obvious, and so the most delicious ones are the obvious OTPs. Champ-specialized name, expensive/popular skin, flashing mastery 7 from the start, obviously knows their champion very well. Just fake a mistake, or overextend for a CS once and fake doing it again a second time and they will jump on you 99% of the time, expecting a free kill. Well, there will be one. Know your strengths and weaknesses and be a bit unpredictable. Both players who lack confidence and who show too much of it early on can quickly find themselves on the wrong end of a grey screen. My confidence comes from watching my opponents.
: Minion hiding under the tower?!
I feel sorry for the little guy. Day after day he has to die over and over. This day, he thought "fck it" I am staying here where it is safe. He still died...that makes me sad :(
: Any way for me to fully disable in game chat?
You know, I would happily PAY for such a system. Hell, I would pay to play on a private server where toxic kids were not allowed to play.
SaulTight (EUNE)
: Trash team after Trash team after Trash team.....the more i talk about how this game is just a cheap PAY TO WIN business the more trash teams i get....You are trolling every decent f2p player in this p2w milking business...ADMIT IT
The easiest way to test your theory is to buy something in the shop. Then see if you get better teams. Be sure to report back to us your findings.
Kurotsu (EUW)
: It's my birthday today
Have a great day. Happy birthday to you :)
: Minion hiding under the tower?!
https://imgur.com/a/YfLWGx0 A video showing how he came to be stuck there.
Rioter Comments
ZereFbg (EUNE)
: How about you answer my questions first ?
Adrian Ashe (EUNE)
: You missunderstood my friend, im not talking only for my self.
Ah ok, there have been so many of these "let me have one more chance" type posts. I misunderstood. Sorry.
Adrian Ashe (EUNE)
: And yes I know 14 day ban is the last chance, but comon guys.. it's really different.
Listen, **you **chose to get your account banned. Why should Riot make special concessions for you just because you claim that 'its really different'?
Adrian Ashe (EUNE)
: Riot Games what if you do the experiment here in EU (EUNE-EUW)?
C4libur (EUNE)
: saying "It is just a Game" or "It is just ARAM" or "It is just Normal"
1) it IS just a game 2) you can play a game and still really try to win 3) Normals are places where players might try different builds, champs, roles etc. They are supposed to be less serious than ranked 4) some of us are just bad at this game. Why should we be excluded from playing PvP?
ZereFbg (EUNE)
: well obv in normals you will see no inters lol. wtf do you mean ?
I play ranked and normals You think that there is a difference?
Cryptidian (EUNE)
: 7 days until Christmas! What is your wish? ^^
That players only use chat for what it was intended for.
Eteshi (EUNE)
: Playing versus Golds as a Bronze
Because your MMR is still at Gold level. The matchmaking system is still working as it did before, it pays no attention to rank, only MMR. It is only the ranks that are a bit of a mess at the moment your MMR will still be the same as it was at the end of the last season.
: i am certainly not.
Well, I have been playing for nearly 3 years and I can honestly say that I have seen no more than 5 intentional feeders.
Cryptidian (EUNE)
: 7 days until Christmas! What is your wish? ^^
PROJECT {{champion:17}} Pajama party {{champion:157}}
SaulTight (EUNE)
: Why 80% of my games my team has to be troll?
Unless your winrate is only 20%, then I would suggest that these 'trolls' in the 80% of your games are not actually having that much impact. Edit- just checked, you have a 50% winrate in SoloQ. So, in 30% of your games you get a troll but still manage to win. As you can't do anything about these 'trolls' appearing in your games, then the only thing that you can do to improve your winrate is to improve your skills of playing in teams that are trolling you. This is not a criticism by the way. I am genuinely impressed that you have the skill to still win 30% of the games where there are trolls on your team. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: don't know about ranked, there it could be worse probably, but in normals, from my experience inters are pretty rare feeders, on the other hand... i think most of you guys have lost the ability to discriminate inters from feeders
>i think most of you guys have lost the ability to discriminate inters from feeders Exactly!
AllBear (EUW)
: lost
A bit of friendly advice. Perhaps give ranked a miss until you have worked out where you are going wrong. Riot currently have a very low threshold for banning players for inting. If you are dying a lot in your games then the feederbuster system might pick it up as a false positive and your account might be suspended. For this reason, I have stopped trying to learn new roles in the game because whilst learning I am dying a lot. I would hate to lose my account for just being bad. Good luck in your endeavors.
PH45 (EUNE)
: Can't tell if the OP is an extremely delusional individual or just a troll...
sLwOlive (EUW)
: look at this whiny loser
The irony {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
Hansiman (EUW)
: Honestly, those that want to be toxic will be toxic regardless of reasoning. If you didn't pick Yasuo, they'd find something else to attack you for. Just ignore them. Their behavior says more about them than it does about you.
^^this The stereotype of the flaming Yasou is a bit of a meme, and some people just follow the crowd without thinking. Even if your behaviour proves them wrong, they will rage anyway.
: imagine being this fragile
It is nothing to do with victim mentality or being fragile. It is all about behaving like a decent human being. After a hard days work it is nice to come home and play a few games to get over the stresses of the day. Then some toxic pre-pubescent kid rages at you. Toxic players deserve everything that Riot throws them (on behalf of the vast majority of decent people playing this game). It is a game...if you don't have the self-control or backbone to stay calm when things aren't going your way, then maybe a highly competitive game like this isn't for you?
MaCCie8 (EUW)
: I'm sorry but I don't agree with bans. Banning somebody won't change nothing. Teaching people with fear isn't always the best way. I think riot should reward people for good behaviour making skins for good beahivour instead a little message or a frame.... People want to reach gold because they earn a skin. Why not do the same thing with good behaviour?
I think that was the idea behind the honour system wasn't it. But if you are suggesting that they give special skins to players with high honour, then I would be up for that too :)
: Wow new level of toxicity
A toxic player is just someone who thinks that he has 9 enemies, and not 5. mute and report. He'll be banned if he keeps it up. Then he will come on here and cry about being banned. {{champion:43}}
Flow1999 (EUNE)
: Riot really dont care about bots, do they
If bots quoting the wrong phrases is the only thing that you have to complain about, then I think that you must be happy with the rest of the game.
Show more

Dr Wasabi65

Level 79 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion