: > First, It isn't their choice. They can either have private chat or not have it. so they dont have a choice, but they have a choice... awesome contradiction right there... > Riot is offering platform for the private messages but isn't affecting the actions on platform in any shape or form. they are offering a chat system then completely distancing themselves from any toxicity in said chat, all while at the same time maintaining that certain phrases are zero tolerance, even though they are tolerated, again nice contradiction > Much like Google is moderating public chat on Youtube, they won't moderate whatever you write through Gmail yet google dont go around saying phrases that are tolerated are zero tolerance > The reason I compared private chat into discord is because they behave exactly alike. doesnt make it any less of a false analogy, Riot dont police discord because they CANNOT, however they WONT police 'private' chat because .... reasons. see the difference, i would concede this point if for some reason Riot COULDNT police 'private' chat, but thats not the case, they CHOSE not to > And finally to repeat myself, the words mentiones (k** etc.) are 0 tolerance, repeating it doesnt make it true, the FACT of the matter is, those phrases ARE tolerated in 'private' chats, therefore calling those phrases zero tolerance is a flat out LIE > In eyes of Riot the things said in private chat were never said. again with the contradiction, things that WERE said, WERE NOT said.... ok
Just a comment passing by, I think its a grey area where privacy clashes with their rules. Don't mind me, continue discussion it is a good read.
: > That phrase is zero tolerance, ask support members through a ticket. Automated system automatically flags it and boom, banned in less than a minute. i have defined 'zero tolerance' above, would you agree with that statement?
I am not exactly sure how "rules" are working outside the game (like client in this case), thus have no opinion on that. I think GLurch gave a decent overal description on zero tolerance.
: > [{quoted}](name=Arcade Lulu,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=EhV1EEAT,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-11T11:31:40.122+0000) > > 0 tolerance words are an instant 14 day ban > > How tf can the K word be taken out of context?? while i agree with what you say, please dont continue to spread false information, that phrase is NOT zero tolerance
That phrase is zero tolerance, ask support members through a ticket. Automated system automatically flags it and boom, banned in less than a minute.
: Hah, pretty much how Riot works these days. Whatever they tell you, you have to believe when in reality, everything is in their hands. Sad day but at least they recognised their fault, one in a thousand cases lol.
I cant disagree with you too.
H1SD (EUNE)
: Friendly reminder that the boards can't lift your ban
They are a dogshit company if they dont review and confirm internally before actually placing bans. Board is an useful tool to raise awareness and give a heads-up to players about the latest "updates" to what is punishable and what not.
: Funny. I have a friend who got a ban and to him they told him they couldn't remove the ban. But if he wanted to play he had to make a new account...
Can only reply with a quote from Dancing chipmonk from this thread: "So one support says it was the automated system applying the ban, the next support says it was applied manually as a mistake.. Nothing new here, one hand doesn't know what the other is doing, could be Riots motto." :shrug: Edit: but may also vary per ban, so idk what your friend exactly done.
SlothSex (EUW)
: Incompetent Riot employee spreading misinformation? Systems broken? How can we trust Riot?
jungle gap (EUNE)
: https://imgur.com/a/rR4LVJt not soon,very much from the past!
What the flip? Same situation for me, my reform card had "wtf" and "drunk and mad" in it, got unbanned though - human mistake. Your reform card looks like a circus to me though :| haha.
sbepuz (EUW)
: that's what i said, but if someone wanna "troll" coz in my opinion 5 tear is troll, they are not trolling for riot games even if they change build to 5 tear, the important is that they play correctly
Yes it is really backward thinking... if someone plays with 5 tears as soon as he/she got them, I think that is clearly trolling and griefing. Oh well who am I to judge the rules :shrug:.
Bartosz (EUNE)
: Hey folks, There's not really much that I can add from my side to the screenshots posted - all context is there and I'll just echo what Cpt. Charisma responded in the actual ticket. It was a human error on our side and on behalf of my PS colleagues I want to apologize for the whole thing. We review hundreds of manual reports daily and all these needs to be investigated, also manually. The rest I believe is just one click that we missed and applied the suspension to the wrong account - which is definitely on us and already clarified with OP. Thanks for bringing this up. E420, if you'd like to follow up on anything, please bump the ticket you submitted and one of us will be happy to assist! -Bart
Hi Bart, Honestly, I can't add much more than showing my appreciation on removing the faulty ban on my account. Thanks for the team acting quickly. However, I still feel indifferent about the amount of time you guys need to review a report about someone clearly telling someone else to K Y S (or any variation) and punish them. Today I done an update for myself to check the people I have reported through the tickets. Three of them either are on vacation or are actually banned for 14 days - which I hope they are banned. After my instant ban of a one time usage of K Y S, I will never let go of other people saying it or its variations. Not because I want to clean the community or I am offended by it, I just play the "sensitive card", want to find justice for my 14 days of ban and just, well yeah, for the sake of getting other people banned.
: everyone can do mistake no need to be rush, you dont do mistake at your job you? else are you incompetent then?
True, everyone can make mistakes. They've responded quite fastly to my ticket and, for me, did not seem like copy pasta replies as well. Within 24 hours I got unbanned and I think that is quite fast. However, I am sure there is something lacking within the team (I quote from Dancing chipmonk in this thread): "So one support says it was the automated system applying the ban, the next support says it was applied manually as a mistake.. **Nothing new here, one hand doesn't know what the other is doing, could be Riots motto.**" Unfortunately I can't disagree with him :|.
Rios160 (EUNE)
: Just got banned for inting 0/5 btw
Might want to share reform card with us.
Nilly00 (EUW)
: My friend one tricks xerath and is really good. So people reported him for scripting. I can vow that he never used any cheat or script at all (he fails too often for that). Still he got banned. Him and me both reached out to support. I was told he should ask support himself, support INSTANTLY closes ALL TICKETS HE CREATES. They refuse to even talk to him.
They are pretty good at showing their bias side sometimes... how can they actually proceed to ban him if there is no cheating involved? Shocking.
Cypherous (EUW)
: Its still spam, they are giving you a copy and paste response, they arne't investigating anything because the IFS is faster :P
Whatsoever, thanks for your concern.
: what to do in "those" situations
If you want to get out clean without people mass calling to report you, I'd advise you to: dont talk, dont ff, dont intentionally and obviously afk and prevent dieing. Try to "afk farm" as much as possible and wait till you lose it out. I know this might not help, but there isnt much else I could think of. (This is a general reply, didnt look at your game.)
: That's the point, one hand doesn't know what the hell the other is doing, and it doesn't get much clearer that the companies leadership is disfunctional on multiple levels.
Idk why. Either I dont look a lot at the forums (which is partially true) or people like you are being oppressed, because you're one of the fewest who shows sympathy while you know what time it is.
MusicaroN (EUW)
: Good, now ask for compensations, since it was their error and it caused you great stress ^^
Yes it did create some stress... they gave me 2 chests and an event chest and I think I am fine with this. When 2 different support members replied to my ticket I was losing hope, the 3rd person concluded it was a mistake. Nevertheless, their fast responses and rewinding I'll consider as a gift.
sbepuz (EUW)
: same ahhahaha i got banned on support assistance 3 times, becuase they refuse to admit that they are wrong on something one time they even said that build 5 tears isn't trolling with build, it is "testing new meta builds" the real problem is that we can't report this "bad work" to anyone....just give me a link and i will make italian rioters explode in 2 minutes
"one time they even said that build 5 tears isn't trolling with build, it is "testing new meta builds" " Are you actually for real? I am speechless
RayleighTT (EUNE)
: so even manually they mistake punishments =)) , jesus
If I didnt write tickets or burst out on forums, I was probably still banned. Who the heck even reviews these bans . . . Ghosttown
: This may come as a shock to you, but Riot support staff is Riot, it's not some independant group....
Muhaha this cracked me sorry guys :D
sbepuz (EUW)
: and the real problem is? if they say sistem works, noone will do something, because noone of riot games wanna change things
I have asked them why this was allowed to happen and the consequences.
Cypherous (EUW)
: Yes, and thats "4 or 5" tickets you keep re-opening or bumping which generates spam on the other end for an issue you have been told has been closed
I am not spamming, I am just replying to their answers not even every day. When they say "we're investigating" I am giving them like 10 days before I bump again. I am not stupid.
Cypherous (EUW)
: Because you literally said you'll keep the tickets reopened until something happens, which isn't guaranteed, which generates pointless spam as support will just tell you to report them
No I just have 1 ticket thread per person, currently like 4 or 5.
Cypherous (EUW)
: They will just remove your access to the support system if you keep spamming them with useless tickets so be my guest :P
How can reporting someone who says to someone "end your life" be useless? Wait, you encourage people to use this kind of language? damn...
: Not riot as a company. Just some workers that actually do their jobs.
I question this: When I screenshot someone saying to "end your life" they still wander around for weeks. Idk what is wrong with them but if I get instantly banned for 14 days for 'k y s' it should not take long discussion/time to give a 14 days ban to the other person as well? I am flabbergasted at their decision making sometimes.
Xalin (EUW)
: 2 days before I had a guy who spammed me 'kyş'. He said so many bad things that you can't even imagine, went afk with his friend in game. I reported him and opened a ticket about this but even after that he can still play the game. Zero tolerance btw. I'm pretty sure if I said report for afk, toxicity in chat I would get that 14 day ban after that game.
THIS. EXACTLY. ^ I wouldn't neglect your ticket and keep pushing it.
sbepuz (EUW)
: so one of the rioter did it...so it's like to say we are in dictature mode before we had tribunal, more player had to chose who ban...now 1 can %%%% up everything, and 80% of rioters doesn't even play league...so how they are supposed to judje games?
Ouch yea.. I feel you the spirit of your message... seems to be that way yea...
sbepuz (EUW)
: ok, so one of them did it....that's even worst
True, can you smell the bias already?
GLurch (EUW)
: Yeah, that's how the system handles it as well, since it's automated and all. But still, there *can* be deviations to that. In your exact case, I don't know why, obviously. I'm not you, I don't know what they exactly did, I don't have any proof, I'm not a Rioter, I can't punish anyone, I can't look through chat logs, I can't see the code of the system,... My point is that those deviations don't really matter though, because if they continue breaking rules, they'll eventually get their permanent ban and if they don't, everything's fine, really. There's no point in being stuck up about how someone should get punished, it isn't about punishment, it's about reforming. Not to mention the effort it is to find out what punishment someone else got, when you can never really say for sure whether someone got punished or not. In the end, you should rather care about your own well-being than that of others. There's nothing you can do about it.
I really got bothered of this subject when I got instantly banned and few days later reported someone for the same thing. When I noticed he got away with it, it triggered me really hard. Edit: and this was even with a support ticket, can you imagine?
GLurch (EUW)
: I think I already explained it with my last comment, about how you shouldn't care what punishment others get and how the system isn't there for the sake of punishment. Since you didn't seem to get it, I thought I'd leave the conversation at this point, since we're pretty much running in circles.
If Riot decides to ban me instantly* for a one time usage of 'k y s' on a clean account with no chat bans/acc bans, others should be too? Idk why it is hard to understand the point of punishing people equally.
Xalin (EUW)
: Its nice to see that they can admit the mistakes they make. I got my chat restriction for saying report in chat from only one game but still everyone is saying that calling out for report is punishable yet there is no any game where I don't see 'report x player'. Its literally in every game and getting punished for one game is bullshit. (3 Premade toxic teammates in that game got no punishment for all those things they said)
Right?? It amazes me how many people are out there who beg for x9 in all chat **repeatedly**. Since my first 14 days of ban because of one time usage of 'k y s', I started to just report almost everyone after the game within the client when I think they deserve one for even the slightest things. For people who tells other people to end their life, in addition, I have been making forum reports too now and I don't let them go until I see they are actually missing for 14 days. It bothers me a lot to see people out there who deserves a 14 days ban as well. No situation should've been distinguished when it comes to zero tolerance offenses such as 'k y s', yet people get away with it, imagine.
GLurch (EUW)
: Why are you so stuck up about what punishment other people get? If they're toxic, they'll eventually get their 14 day ban and maybe even permanent ban as well, it just needs time. But then again, their accounts aren't yours and it's not really supposed to interest you what happens to their accounts. You don't gain anything by being mad about what punishment they get or don't get. And it doesn't make what you wrote okay either. And the point is: As long as they stop their previous behavior and don't insult other people anymore, the punishment system did what it was made for. It wasn't made to give harsh punishments to people, it was made so people realize their mistakes and stop their previous behavior. In my eyes, if a chat restriction was enough for them to learn their lesson, I don't see the problem, even if their punishment wasn't "fair" in regards to what others got.
Still waiting.
Febos (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=E420,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6JTAR8e5,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-08T16:14:13.259+0000) > > No point to test it out on an account that got recently unbanned (since still being in the risk zone) Now there's a risk? Let me remind you of what **you** said: > [{quoted}](name=E420,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6JTAR8e5,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-08-08T13:37:47.756+0000) > > people who use "end your life" get away with it. It's hilarious how fast you spin the narrative to the other way. The fact is people who say any form of "k y s" will punished for it, so long as they're reported.
and that is where Riot's bias come into play, if I'd say it I'd probably be banned because it is >me<. Others get away with it, you can try it out for me though?
: What made them change their mind about your ban tho ?
Check my initial post for pictures/reason.
sbepuz (EUW)
: the bot probably remember the "wtf" as a negative word, because usually after wtf is for flame someone but as i said, give us back the tribunal
Check my initial post for pictures/reason.
sbepuz (EUW)
: ok, but in both way is like....something is wrong or they have to fire someone, or just stop using the bot sistem for ban players (i also got a strange ban for 10 game chat restriction, and they said me they couldn't do something about it....i just had to accept it, even if personally they wouldn't give me chat restriction)
True, both situations are awkward but thats not on me to decide what should happen next.
RayleighTT (EUNE)
: same guy was talking to me , but he was like threat me to stop ask about my punishment ... , because i feeled it overexagerated regarding what kind of behaviour i had , so clearly he keeps work for Riot .. Thanks Riot for holding your employers who been toxic to keep work for you , and for hiring such people to answer us on support line assistance ,Will we have the pleasure to know why Riot haven't done nothing ?? in this case to that guy for telling me to stop doing tickets or he ban my support account , cause he claimed that he answered my question , when he ovious didn't ...
Hello, Well according to a first support member he selected this out of my reform card "game 1" (only had 1): **Me: u drunk and mad Me: wtf random dc cant reconncet 4 times Post-Game Me: wtf** He said that this report could've been the last straw to get me banned for the 14 days. He said that offending someone with "wtf" or "drunk and mad" is reportable. However it is not final yet what was the mistake, an employee or the automated system.
sbepuz (EUW)
: so tecnically, the one that said u were permabanned because "u are banned", should be kicked out from riot support team? if u gived up, u would have lost ur account(permanently or 14 day, i didn't follow all ur story) just because he didn't want to do his job
Hi, well I've got a second reply about the unban. It is not sure yet if the automated systems banned me (which shouldnt have happened) or if an employee put the ban on me which shouldnt have been allowed as well.
: What made them change their mind about your ban tho ?
Just asked that, thanks for asking. I am curious too.
Cypherous (EUW)
: Expect you to do what exactly?
Hoard support tickets and not letting them go until the person is banned for telling other people to finish their life.
  Rioter Comments
E420 (EUW)
: Banned again for 14 days
@everyone: https://imgur.com/a/gWDLZz4
E420 (EUW)
: Banned again for 14 days
@everyone: https://imgur.com/a/gWDLZz4
Pxerkza (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=E420,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6JTAR8e5,comment-id=000000010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-08T14:45:17.646+0000) > > Dont see yet, because they havent been banned. plenty of people like you come to the boards every day for getting banned you aren't special
Well I dont see people who got banned for %%% variations, have you?
RayleighTT (EUNE)
: what can i use to say when such thinghs happen without to be toxic or negative or anything , i am over and over giving over such experience... , i can't abtain at infinite.
Dont say anything, just ruin the game the same way they ruin yours. AFK farm till you lose.
Pxerkza (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=E420,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6JTAR8e5,comment-id=0000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-08T14:34:01.230+0000) > > Other people who used K y s variations also have been toxic in those games, but they're still out there. > > What was your point again? and they will get punished and then come to the boards and cry about it too
Dont see yet, because they havent been banned.
Febos (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=E420,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6JTAR8e5,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-08-08T13:37:47.756+0000) > > in the end I still get a ban when people who use "end your life" get away with it. If you're so sure players get away with "end your life", why don't you try it yourself on one of your other accounts? You have nothing to be afraid of, right? After all, saying that won't get you punished, so this little "challenge" shouldn't be that hard to complete.
Why do I have to test it if it is already confirmed. I had reported one player for a k y s variation. Afterwards a support member replied they they don't tolerate such language usage. I was hoping for a 14 days ban for that person. I opened my client and added the person I had reported and he added me back after 5 minutes. Meaning no 14 days ban. I dont care about chat ban punishment.
Pxerkza (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=E420,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6JTAR8e5,comment-id=00000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-08T14:01:10.630+0000) > > So I use K Y S once and get instant ban, other people use synonyms but dont get instant 14 days? > > BIASED u used k y s once and were toxic the rest of your games
Other people who used K y s variations also have been toxic in those games, but they're still out there. What was your point again?
Pxerkza (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=E420,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6JTAR8e5,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-08-08T13:37:47.756+0000) > > IFS isnt biased? Hmm, partially true? It does let people go who use "k y s" whatsoever, its not accurate. However, in the end I still get a ban when people who use "end your life" get away with it. Poor performance from both their automated system and their employees - for something that exists for 4 years. FREQUENCY
So I use K Y S once and get instant ban, other people use synonyms but dont get instant 14 days? BIASED
GLurch (EUW)
: Why are you so stuck up about what punishment other people get? If they're toxic, they'll eventually get their 14 day ban and maybe even permanent ban as well, it just needs time. But then again, their accounts aren't yours and it's not really supposed to interest you what happens to their accounts. You don't gain anything by being mad about what punishment they get or don't get. And it doesn't make what you wrote okay either. And the point is: As long as they stop their previous behavior and don't insult other people anymore, the punishment system did what it was made for. It wasn't made to give harsh punishments to people, it was made so people realize their mistakes and stop their previous behavior. In my eyes, if a chat restriction was enough for them to learn their lesson, I don't see the problem, even if their punishment wasn't "fair" in regards to what others got.
You dont get it once again: I was instantly banned for %%% without a chat restriction on an account that was clean and never had any form of punishments. Those people used the same type of offense, BUT THEY GET AWAY. Now explain me that.
Show more

E420

Level 147 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion