PaladinNO (EUNE)
: Well, I'll call this the luck of the day! The Constitution day in my country, and I just got a Yuumi shard from the level-up chest! :D 1560 BE if disenchanted (7800 BE unlock price). OR 4680 BE to unlock. I haven't unlocked her yet (own every other champion), and I really want her (as a utility mage support main - and as a semi-furry, her being a female feline is just a bonus), so this is a done deal! <3
> [{quoted}](name=PaladinNO,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=20EVyQu1,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2019-05-17T09:01:04.165+0000) > > Well, I'll call this the luck of the day! The Constitution day in my country, and I just got a Yuumi shard from the level-up chest! :D > > 1560 BE if disenchanted (7800 BE unlock price). > OR > 4680 BE to unlock. > > I haven't unlocked her yet (own every other champion), and I really want her (as a utility mage support main - and as a semi-furry, her being a female feline is just a bonus), so this is a done deal! <3 Oh dang, nice! IIRC champions normally drop in BE price after a week or so, so depending on how much you REAAAALLLLYYY want to play her, may be worth waiting a week or so to save 1k BE :-D
: Hextech Skin Shard Reroll
Hey SgtCellFish, As has been mentioned already, Triumphant Ryze and Grey Warwick aren't available due to being limited in some form (Triumphant Ryze is from winning tournaments, Grey Warwick from Honor). Dreadknight Garen isn't in the pool as it used to be a skin you could obtain for free, although that offer ended a few months back - so he should return in the future. The others aren't in the reroll pool due to being very low cost and to avoid it feeling #SuperBadMan if you get them in a reroll. If, however, you REALLY want a reroll to get you Dreadknight Garen or the other low price point skins, please [contact support](https://support.riotgames.com) and let them know what skin you want to reroll for, and what shards you wish to use, and they can help you out :-)
Madnasher (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Eambo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=J77Zj0s1,comment-id=0002000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-15T11:16:02.202+0000) > > Correct. %%% is a suggestion or implication of self harm. Death threats are actively threatening to kill someone, as the name suggests. > > These are two very distinct things - again while both bad, it's much more sinister if you tell someone you are going to murder them in an active fashion, versus the more passive "suggestion" of doing it yourself. > > I'm not saying either of these things are okay, but one both legally and generally are considered much worse. Wait wait wait wait. So this raises some HUGE contention for me: I said this to someone, and it was taken as a death wish: [20:57] Yorick: go play in traffic It was even suggested as a death wish by the support agent when I was contending my 14 day ban (which was for a bad day with lots of swearing at people) Ill quote aspects here: The way you chose to insult others, not to mention that death wish in game 6 - justification from the support agent for my 14 day ban. [24:14] Swain: what the hell is this zed and this ww [24:27] Swain: i quit [24:29] Swain: %%%% this [24:31] [A%%%%Swain: bg [24:40] [All] Swain: what should i expect, im in promos [24:57] Swain: zed and ww need to wake the %%%% up - one of my %%%%essive and insulting chat logs [19:32] [All] Urgot: when silver trash talks a silver play XD [23:28] Urgot: and a fiddle thinking he is pro and commentating [23:38] Urgot: shut the hell up and placesome wards -another aggressive and insulting chat log apparently [11:19] Urgot: absolute bullshit [30:06] Urgot: when you ult someone %%%%ing hit them - s%%%%here, aggressive and insulting [20:54] Yorick: lee [20:57] Yorick: go play in traffic [32:57] Yorick: never cried you moron - the 'death threat' So out of the 6 games I was given as an example, 4 are really not that bad at all. Personally I accepted it because i was told that telling someone to play in traffic is a death wish, whereas now Im questioning that. For me, its telling someone that they are so damn stupid they should go and do something that is truely stupid. Im not telling them to go die. Im not implying it, Im not telling them to kill themselves. So after nearly 7 years of playing and only getting one punishment (this 14 day ban) that I felt initially was unfair and shouldve been a chat ban, after my initial discussion with support I get to see this thread. now I wonder, where you being unfair when giving me the 14 day ban? I didnt say go and get hit by a car. I didnt say go and get run over. I didnt say I would come run you over. So by what Im seeing here I didnt wish death upon them at all. Meanwhile the person who told me to get cancer, that he %%%%ed my mum, and that he %%%%ed my mum so hard she got cancer is not punished at all. Unless he just received a chat ban. For wishing cancer upon people.
> [{quoted}](name=Madnasher,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=J77Zj0s1,comment-id=00020000000000010000000000000001,timestamp=2019-05-16T11:27:10.936+0000) > > Wait wait wait wait. > > So this raises some HUGE contention for me: > I said this to someone, and it was taken as a death wish: > [20:57] Yorick: go play in traffic > > It was even suggested as a death wish by the support agent when I was contending my 14 day ban (which was for a bad day with lots of swearing at people) > > Ill quote aspects here: > The way you chose to insult others, not to mention that death wish in game 6 - justification from the support agent for my 14 day ban. > > [24:14] Swain: what the hell is this zed and this ww > [24:27] Swain: i quit > [24:29] Swain: %%%% this > [24:31] [All] Swain: bg > [24:40] [All] Swain: what should i expect, im in promos > [24:57] Swain: zed and ww need to wake the %%%% up > - one of my aggressive and insulting chat logs > > [19:32] [All] Urgot: when silver trash talks a silver play XD > [23:28] Urgot: and a fiddle thinking he is pro and commentating > [23:38] Urgot: shut the hell up and placesome wards > -another aggressive and insulting chat log apparently > > [11:19] Urgot: absolute bullshit > [30:06] Urgot: when you ult someone %%%%ing hit them > - same here, aggressive and insulting > > [20:54] Yorick: lee > [20:57] Yorick: go play in traffic > [32:57] Yorick: never cried you moron > - the 'death threat' > > > So out of the 6 games I was given as an example, 4 are really not that bad at all. Personally I accepted it because i was told that telling someone to play in traffic is a death wish, whereas now Im questioning that. For me, its telling someone that they are so damn stupid they should go and do something that is truely stupid. Im not telling them to go die. Im not implying it, Im not telling them to kill themselves. > > So after nearly 7 years of playing and only getting one punishment (this 14 day ban) that I felt initially was unfair and shouldve been a chat ban, after my initial discussion with support I get to see this thread. now I wonder, where you being unfair when giving me the 14 day ban? I didnt say go and get hit by a car. I didnt say go and get run over. I didnt say I would come run you over. So by what Im seeing here I didnt wish death upon them at all. "Death wish" and "Death threat" are not the same thing. I don't work in Player Support however looking at your logs, I believe "Go and play in traffic" by itself may not have warranted an immediate 14 day suspension, although there is heavy implication there of wishing someone harm. However this, coupled with your aggressive and jerkish behaviour (can't think of a nicer term for it, sorry) would've been the reasons for this. Sometimes people may use the terms death threat/death wish interchangeably, but at it's core there's a difference. One is a threat, the other is not. Both are unwelcome.
: SERVICE STATUS - Finisher animations removed
It'll be 100% chance so long as you complete a rather basic mission. I believe tentatively it's planned to launch next week, but don't worry - it won't be anything complicated or hard to get. It'll just be an additional mission to complete such as "play a game" :-)
: It's funny to play with stealth champion's especially Eveline. I'm sure her W passive effect is way to strong. With 2 ap items I was giving 200+ap to Eveline. I can't wait to see what you can do with Karthus . Coming to items I he only one item on mind that is pretty good on her it's Mejai Soul steal. Her W maks her almost impossible to kill.
> [{quoted}](name=mikrogane2305,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=20EVyQu1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-16T06:57:33.621+0000) > > It's funny to play with stealth champion's especially Eveline. I'm sure her W passive effect is way to strong. With 2 ap items I was giving 200+ap to Eveline. > I can't wait to see what you can do with Karthus . > Coming to items I he only one item on mind that is pretty good on her it's Mejai Soul steal. Her W maks her almost impossible to kill. Actually a stupid question maybe but does she also stealth when attached to a stealth champion? :-O
  Rioter Comments
: The thing is I made a similar post with that question and Riot Eambo even answered, but then he deleted his response so I could never know what he even said...
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Dominator,realm=EUW,application-id=ETj6EdvQ,discussion-id=yYZramgT,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-05-15T15:58:09.793+0000) > > The thing is I made a similar post with that question and Riot Eambo even answered, but then he deleted his response so I could never know what he even said... Apologies - when I posted I didn't have the exact information and deleted it to avoid misinformation. Good news is I have a bit more information now! Basically there will be an additional mission with fairly simple requirements (such as "play a game") in order to get your orb. The reason it says "chance" is because if you don't do this mission it won't automatically grant, but anyone who completes this mission will get it. Additionally you won't need to go all the way through the missions again obviously, this will just pop up as a new mission for those who have already completed it. No exact ETA on when this will show, but most likely some time next week. Sorry for the somewhat-vague information, but I wanted to assure you guys that it's not going to be some ridiculously complicated method of getting it or some people will be left out - so long as you complete the additional mission, you'll get it!
Noctiss (EUNE)
: but that goes against every logic of what you said, or somewhat of what league is are you telling me i can be nice, then tell someone to %%%, and then continue being nice WITHOUT punishment? that is abysmal %%% should be a ban on sight, you type it, you are gone but i mean if THAT is the kind of game riot wants, where people pretend to be nice and then drop the bad words onto 1 person they dont like, alright so you just need to be friendly a couple of games, then 1 guy you dont like, you tell him something like im gonna shoot up your school, and then you continue being nice, no punishment. Good. Good. Very solid way to battle toxicity. And you wonder why people are quitting
> [{quoted}](name=Noctiss,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=J77Zj0s1,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-05-15T13:43:14.878+0000) > > but that goes against every logic of what you said, or somewhat of what league is > are you telling me i can be nice, then tell someone to %%%, and then continue being nice WITHOUT punishment? > that is abysmal > %%% should be a ban on sight, you type it, you are gone > but i mean if THAT is the kind of game riot wants, where people pretend to be nice and then drop the bad words onto 1 person they dont like, alright > > so you just need to be friendly a couple of games, then 1 guy you dont like, you tell him something like im gonna shoot up your school, and then you continue being nice, no punishment. Good. Good. Very solid way to battle toxicity. And you wonder why people are quitting You didn't read the other parts of my post, but death threats are very different from saying %%%, and treated as such. However in the scenario you mentioned, it's a "one and done" thing. The system takes a very, very long time to stop counting what you've done in the past - not a couple of games. This isn't a "say %%% once every few games and you're alright" - it can take months if not years to reset from that big a mark against your account for toxicity, and a minor infraction will push you over that punishment area.
iSpear (EUW)
: Hi , sorry to interrupt but my question is , to be safe and guarantee completely no violations or arbitrary punishments in the future, should I remove the enter key ? or unbind it through a AHK script. Doing so will guarantee my accounts longevity am I correct ? Because I have one more warning post 14-day ban. Do previous punishments fall off as time passes and my bad behavior is completely diminished? Like resetting it back to 10 chat restriction and so on , gaining back my honour level. No Enter Key= No way of getting banned ? I just do not want to lose this account.
> [{quoted}](name=iSpear,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=J77Zj0s1,comment-id=000200000000000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-15T12:23:15.609+0000) > > Hi , sorry to interrupt but my question is , to be safe and guarantee completely no violations or arbitrary punishments in the future, should I remove the enter key ? or unbind it through a AHK script. Doing so will guarantee my accounts longevity am I correct ? Because I have one more warning post 14-day ban. Do previous punishments fall off as time passes and my bad behavior is completely dimished ? Like resetting the balance. No Enter Key= No way of getting banned ? I'd say that's a pretty safe way to avoid chatting, and therefore punishment for toxic chat. You can of course still be punished for intentional feeding - but assuming that's not part of your to-do list and you can't prevent yourself typing bad things, sounds fair to me!
: Anyway, reportcalling is also reportable/punishable, right?
> [{quoted}](name=thebombardier92,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=J77Zj0s1,comment-id=0002000000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-15T11:59:11.869+0000) > > Anyway, reportcalling is also reportable/punishable, right? I believe that one is based on how you do it, rather than just "doing it". Report calling itself isn't punishable, but if you're doing it in a jerkish way or spamming it, it may be. IE: "Please report my teemo for flaming, thanks." probably wouldn't get punished. "This %%%%ing trash teemo, report for being a moron" - much more likely.
: Client is dead? Or servers? wt* is going on?
Thanks everyone for confirming! We should hopefully be good now, apologies for the inconvenience. Your information and logs helped us with tracking down a faulty piece of hardware that was causing issues for a small amount of players :-)
: I think, no wait…. we all think that saying ''%%%'' is as bad as an actual deaththreat. Oh wait, the opinion of the community doesn't matter. Only Riot's opinion cares. *ugh ugh* Capitalism *ugh ugh*
> [{quoted}](name=thebombardier92,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=J77Zj0s1,comment-id=00020000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-15T11:41:53.488+0000) > > I think, no wait…. we all think that saying ''%%%'' is as bad as an actual deaththreat. Oh wait, the opinion of the community doesn't matter. Only Riot's opinion cares. *ugh ugh* Capitalism *ugh ugh* While I personally agree with you, your usage of "all" is incorrect. Some examples to back this up: - The report system is actually influenced by regularity of reports. If, hypothetically, everyone began reporting "your mom" jokes as super offensive - the system would adapt to consider that offensive also. That's super unlikely to happen obviously, but the communities opinion does matter and weigh what is and is not acceptable. - You'll see much more people saying "%%%" than "I'm going to murder you". The reason for that is because they consider %%% as more acceptable than deaththreats. While I personally find %%% to be a very abusive thing to say, the weighting is that people consider death threats to be much more offensive than %%%. Additionally, death threats have legal repercussions versus %%% in most countries.
: Client is dead? Or servers? wt* is going on?
We've just completed the action on our end, would you mind please retrying to login? Thank you!
: so in your words, ''%%%'' is not deaththreatening?
> [{quoted}](name=thebombardier92,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=J77Zj0s1,comment-id=000200000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-15T11:14:02.323+0000) > > so in your words, ''%%%'' is not deaththreatening? Correct. %%% is a suggestion or implication of self harm. Death threats are actively threatening to kill someone, as the name suggests. These are two very distinct things - again while both bad, it's much more sinister if you tell someone you are going to murder them in an active fashion, versus the more passive "suggestion" of doing it yourself. I'm not saying either of these things are okay, but one both legally and generally are considered much worse.
: Client is dead? Or servers? wt* is going on?
Hey guys, just a heads up we think we've found a possible cause and are digging into it now. Will update here once we're ready to test!
: Yeah my only issue with this is Riot can always reverse a ban, I know it feels super bad and puts more load on riot support staff, but surely punishing people who promote self harm and then reversing it in cases of false positives is more beneficial than potentially letting people off the hook for telling 15 year olds to kill themselves? I almost never see antisemitic, or racial slurs on the platform, I assume because the tolerance is not there for that behaviour, my only question is therefore why does Riot not put inciting self harm and inciting racism on the same pedestal? Or am I just getting a bad sample and they are treated exactly the same?
> [{quoted}](name=RetroMagpie,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=J77Zj0s1,comment-id=00020000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-15T10:55:56.117+0000) > > Yeah my only issue with this is Riot can always reverse a ban, I know it feels super bad and puts more load on riot support staff, but surely punishing people who promote self harm and then reversing it in cases of false positives is more beneficial than potentially letting people off the hook for telling 15 year olds to kill themselves? > > I almost never see antisemitic, or racial slurs on the platform, I assume because the tolerance is not there for that behaviour, my only question is therefore why does Riot not put inciting self harm and inciting racism on the same pedestal? > > Or am I just getting a bad sample and they are treated exactly the same? They are all on the same level. I think you're seeing a skewed portion, potentially infact due to the language filter also (if memory serves, %%% in client does not block - whereas a lot of racist words would be). The reason for that I actually don't know the answer to, apart from maybe that %%% isn't in and of itself isn't considered a cuss word. However they are definitely treated the same as far as "don't do it" goes in our systems, they're heavily weighted to very little/no tolerance. We literally call the system "zero tolerance" because in most cases, that's exactly what it is. These are again really edge case, as the majority of times these phrases are used will definitely result in punishment.
: I thought there was zero tolerance against deaththreatening. Reading your comment makes my confidence in that 'zero tolerance policy' go from 100 to 0 real quick.
> [{quoted}](name=thebombardier92,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=J77Zj0s1,comment-id=0002000000000001,timestamp=2019-05-15T10:35:57.252+0000) > > I thought there was zero tolerance against deaththreatening. Reading your comment makes my confidence in that 'zero tolerance policy' go from 100 to 0 real quick. Death threats are very, very different. Please don't conflate the two things - while both are bad, actively threatening to kill someone goes beyond the game, and can result in real world consequences. I can't think of a single example where telling someone you're going to kill them is not going to throw up flags.
Shamose (EUW)
: My main account had been clean since it was made in season 2, no punishments gotten, not even leaverbuster. And the first %%% I dropped got me 14 day banned. I didn't spam it, there were 3 total lines in my chat log from 1 game. 2 sentences about someones positioning in game, and one %%% in the post game lobby. That got me banned. But people writing long insults at me telling me and my family deserve to die are still playing. The list of unpunished people keeps growing. While people that drop one %%% as a retalliation are getting instant 14-day banned.
> [{quoted}](name=Shamose,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=J77Zj0s1,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-05-15T10:37:01.701+0000) > > My main account had been clean since it was made in season 2, no punishments gotten, not even leaverbuster. > And the first %%% I dropped got me 14 day banned. > > I didn't spam it, there were 3 total lines in my chat log from 1 game. 2 sentences about someones positioning in game, and one %%% in the post game lobby. > That got me banned. > > But people writing long insults at me telling me and my family deserve to die are still playing. > The list of unpunished people keeps growing. While people that drop one %%% as a retalliation are getting instant 14-day banned. Without going into detail, this is entirely not true. I just had a quick look at your logs, and you said much more.
: I get the blank black screenshot. https://i.imgur.com/Buoygce.png
> [{quoted}](name=Dockantoop,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=EmJEbE9g,comment-id=00030000000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-15T10:34:06.525+0000) > > I get the blank black screenshot. > > https://i.imgur.com/Buoygce.png Much appreciated, thank you! Going to dig in a bit further from our end and see if we can find anything further with this info.
: https://pastebin.com/jKK18n5W Sweden, ISP: Telenor (Bredbandsbolaget)
> [{quoted}](name=Dockantoop,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=EmJEbE9g,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2019-05-15T10:14:52.444+0000) > > https://pastebin.com/jKK18n5W > > Sweden, ISP: Telenor (Bredbandsbolaget) Sorry for the wall of text, but could you please do the following: - Press Windows Key + R to open "run" - Type "cmd" and hit enter - Type/copy paste the following example as shown:* > pkgmgr /iu:"TelnetClient" - Wait for approx 60 seconds while the Telnet client is enabled. If not enabled, it will [error with 'telnet' is not recognized...](https://i.imgur.com/7gH45HA.png) - just run it again in 30 seconds or so until it runs :-) - Run the following command: > telnet prod.eun1.lol.riotgames.com 2099 If successful, you will get a [blank black screenshot](https://i.imgur.com/l5Z5uSl.png) If unsuccessful, you will get an [error](https://i.imgur.com/Vo6cVhe.png) Please let me know which of these happen :-) *Note: This is enabling Windows' Telnet Client. It's disabled by default, but a component of windows. If you wish to turn it off at a later point, instructions can be found [HERE](http://merabheja.com/enable-disable-telnet-client-in-windows-10/)
: I can't pass authenticating, i can do it only with vpn. Trouble come near 1 hour ago. I got Moscow provider "beeline" Can u pls give me adress i can check with my provider. It can helps me
> [{quoted}](name=Cowseps Cap,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=EmJEbE9g,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2019-05-15T10:07:55.984+0000) > > I can't pass authenticating, i can do it only with vpn. Trouble come near 1 hour ago. I got Moscow provider "beeline" > Can u pls give me adress i can check with my provider. It can helps me prod.euw1.lol.riotgames.com would be recommended for testing against. Usually over port 2099, if they can test that specifically.
: then you just created a LOOPHOLE. people CAN flame and go unpunished if they "don't say anything bad" after that one. oh, and to answer your " what if someone ASK what those letters mean?" you can just ADD AN EXCEPTION. or several, in order to cover the most "common" questions people might have "what does [3 letters] mean?" "what does [3 letters] mean" "what doe [3 letters] mean?" and so on. we are not talking about a small thing, it's emotionally taxing for a kid and you can't just dismiss it as "oh well, ifsomeone INNOCENTLY asks what it means we can't ban them" name one person who genuinely asked those questions. ONE. seriously, either fix this thing or bring back the tribunal, slow justice is better than faulty justice! oh and i'm still waiting for the bans to all the people who wished my mother cancer and told me to off myself. but, no, they are ok, because I said MORON to a MORON. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
> [{quoted}](name=MirirLightHammer,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=J77Zj0s1,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-15T10:07:34.637+0000) > > then you just created a LOOPHOLE. people CAN flame and go unpunished if they "don't say anything bad" after that one. oh, and to answer your " what if someone ASK what those letters mean?" you can just ADD AN EXCEPTION. or several, in order to cover the most "common" questions people might have > "what does [3 letters] mean?" > "what does [3 letters] mean" > "what doe [3 letters] mean?" > and so on. > we are not talking about a small thing, it's emotionally taxing for a kid and you can't just dismiss it as "oh well, ifsomeone INNOCENTLY asks what it means we can't ban them" > name one person who genuinely asked those questions. ONE. > seriously, either fix this thing or bring back the tribunal, slow justice is better than faulty justice! > oh and i'm still waiting for the bans to all the people who wished my mother cancer and told me to off myself. but, no, they are ok, because I said MORON to a MORON. > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} I'm not sure if you haven't read or are just choosing to ignore other things I've said, but to make it amply clear here: - I'm talking a situation where someone has no record of being a jerk, is never a jerk after, and the only thing they've ever said once is "%%%". This is highly unlikely to get you an instant 14 day suspension, but may result in a lower punishment (chat restriction) or put you very very close to 14 day suspension on further misbehaviour - You can always contact support for a manual investigation. They cannot share the outcome, but they can manually check it - These are extremely unlikely scenarios. Generally speaking, in a majority of cases, %%% is going to earn you a 14 day suspension or a permaban. I'm here to talk edge cases and weird scenarios, rather than the defacto punishment and how things "normally" work. You seem to be taking my post as "This is how it works all the time, every time", which is not the case whatsoever. %%% is **almost** always a punishment of some form.
: I think being told you suck is very different to telling someone to kill themselves, replace your example with the N word and I think you would be hard pressed to justify not blanket banning the term, %%% surely falls closer to hate speech than an innocent jape and I'm not super keen on down playing it. Being told you suck 20 times in a row is not the same as being told to %%% 20 times in a row. Sure people might get caught saying what does %%% mean, but surely you can manually review and say, oh he was with his friend and joking, or he was genuinely asking what %%% meant, but by giving people a free pass, or having an attitude of people being told to kill themselves is not in itself suspension/ban worthy I think it is a dangerous precedent, I am somewhat disappointed because I am really f**king tired if being told to kill myself in this game and I had hoped when I got suspended it was a highlight of riot engaging in a 0 tolerance policy. As I said, looking at the worst case scenario, which is the one that usually leads to severe outcomes, it's not outside of the realms of possibility that a teenager could be bullied into suicide with repeat calls for their death with no-one being given a punishment from riot for their behaviour, thank you for giving me some some of your time insight into the process, even if I find it disappointing it's nice to have some understanding of the mechanics behind a system that otherwise feels unscruitable.
> [{quoted}](name=RetroMagpie,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=J77Zj0s1,comment-id=000200000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-05-15T09:58:01.882+0000) > > I think being told you suck is very different to telling someone to kill themselves, replace your example with the N word and I think you would be hard pressed to justify not blanket banning the term, %%% surely falls closer to hate speech than an innocent jape and I'm not super keen on down playing it. Being told you suck 20 times in a row is not the same as being told to %%% 20 times in a row. > > Sure people might get caught saying what does %%% mean, but surely you can manually review and say, oh he was with his friend and joking, or he was genuinely asking what %%% meant, but by giving people a free pass, or having an attitude of people being told to kill themselves is not in itself suspension/ban worthy I think it is a dangerous precedent, I am somewhat disappointed because I am really f**king tired if being told to kill myself in this game and I had hoped when I got suspended it was a highlight of riot engaging in a 0 tolerance policy. > > As I said, looking at the worst case scenario, which is the one that usually leads to severe outcomes, it's not outside of the realms of possibility that a teenager could be bullied into suicide with repeat calls for their death with no-one being given a punishment from riot for their behaviour, thank you for giving me some some of your time insight into the process, even if I find it disappointing it's nice to have some understanding of the mechanics behind a system that otherwise feels unscruitable. I'm always happy to discuss the weird edge cases with people - at no point have we ever said our systems are perfect, nor are we going to claim they are. %%% is one of those "seriously, don't say it" words on our end, and it is very much up there alongside the N word like you mentioned. I'd say the behaviour is probably the same in that if you said it a single time without any other context, you *probably* wouldn't get an instant suspension. It may result in a chat suspension, or just a really, really heavy "any more bad behaviour and you're in trouble" weighting as with %%%. As mentioned also, if you feel super strongly that whatever they said should be looked into deeper, you can submit a ticket to support. It's generally easier to retroactively punish someone than to not punish them, because punishment feels super bad - it may take a day or two during busy periods for support to review false bans, which means a day or two of no gameplay for an innocent player. Conversely, a day or two to read a report means they play an extra day or two that they normally wouldn't, but it feels much less bad in regards to punishment.
: soooo....all those times people complained about beingbanned and either a red or green name came and said "k y s is an instant 14 day ban" was just a lie? also, wasn't i the 20th offender in my game since i only called a guy a moron in ONE game? did i have any other "strikes"? if so, where were them? You guys screwed up and you know it, people are finally catching on your scams and now you are backpedaling like crazy.
> [{quoted}](name=MirirLightHammer,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=J77Zj0s1,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-15T09:57:02.023+0000) > > soooo....all those times people complained about beingbanned and either a red or green name came and said "k y s is an instant 14 day ban" was just a lie? > also, wasn't i the 20th offender in my game since i only called a guy a moron in ONE game? did i have any other "strikes"? if so, where were them? > You guys screwed up and you know it, people are finally catching on your scams and now you are backpedaling like crazy. Generally speaking, you don't say "%%%" without other offens%%% terms in there, or repeating of it. %%% is considered a zero %%%erance term, but it's not "the moment you say it you get an instaban" - it's just a very very high risk word in that regard. You're much more likely to be suspended from 0 punishments for saying "%%%" than "stfu" for exam%%%. Also to clarify, I'm talking about instant suspensions here with literally no punishment record or bad behaviour. If you got instantly suspended for calling someone a moron in one game, I'd be very surprised. Chat restriction? Possible. Insta 14 day? Something's wrong there. Edit: I also want to make it very clear because people do like to take things out of context. %%% isn't okay. It isn't something you should say, and generally speaking, it's going to get you banned. I'm purely discussing the edge case where someone has never done anything wrong, never been a jerk, and says "%%%" once. This is very unlikely to instantly be a 14-day suspension, but may result in other punishments (such as chat restrictions), or put them dangerously close to a 14 day suspension for any further bad behaviour.
Poza59 (EUW)
: Sorry It was too much for pastebin, so there's RAR https://www40.zippyshare.com/v/kwu66N20/file.html
> [{quoted}](name=Poza59,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=EmJEbE9g,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-05-15T09:49:26.410+0000) > > Sorry It was too much for pastebin, so there's RAR https://www40.zippyshare.com/v/kwu66N20/file.html Thanks for that! It looks like you're getting an SSL error, which normally is indicative of a network issue. Can you advise what ISP and country you're from?
Poza59 (EUW)
: When I want login it shows authenticating and then after maybe one minute it shows that : "An unexpected error occured while logging in"
> [{quoted}](name=Poza59,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=EmJEbE9g,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-05-15T09:37:23.353+0000) > > When I want login it shows authenticating and then after maybe one minute it shows that : "An unexpected error occured while logging in" Thanks for the info! Would you mind sharing your logs with us? They're located at C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Logs\LeagueClient Logs - arrange them by date, and the latest "_LeagueClient.log". Please upload this somewhere such as pastebin and link it so we can take a look. Thanks!
: Client is dead? Or servers? wt* is going on?
Hey guys, We're not seeing any widespread issues on our end. Would you mind providing more information/context on the error/issue? Thanks!
: Okay so saying %%% in chat won't get you banned, but riot will think about it in future. So if a player gets a bit of bad luck and gets told ten games in a row to kill themselves for picking their new favourite cat, riot will definitely consider possibly punishing those players, but while those players are now on riots naughty list there is potentially a 15 year old being told repeatedly to kill themself over and over, and when that person hits their report button they get no notification of "Hey those guys were assholes you keep being your katty self" just a sense that life continues and if you want to be on the league platform you'll deal with it. Extreme example I know, but not beyond the realms of possibility, I know you haven't investigated this/have no personal knowledge, however I can say without typing in chat I was essentially told "hey guys let's dodge" "this yuumi omfg" "Hey Yuumi %%%" after this I called him a piece of shit. (Negative behaviour I know pls dont ban me but just for full disclosure.) I am okay with being banned for saying %%% in chat, because actually, you know what, teenagers play this game and suicide is horrific, I just don't understand why riot doesn't have a blanket ban on telling people to kill themselves. Unless it is 100% a joke made to a friend, I would like to see riot step up to the mark, surely the 14 day suspension is the warning for typing %%%?
> [{quoted}](name=RetroMagpie,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=J77Zj0s1,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-15T09:17:26.580+0000) > > Okay so saying %%% in chat won't get you banned, but riot will think about it in future. > > So if a player gets a bit of bad luck and gets told ten games in a row to kill themselves for picking their new favourite cat, riot will definitely consider possibly punishing those players, but while those players are now on riots naughty list there is potentially a 15 year old being told repeatedly to kill themself over and over, and when that person hits their report button they get no notification of "Hey those guys were assholes you keep being your katty self" just a sense that life continues and if you want to be on the league platform you'll deal with it. > > Extreme example I know, but not beyond the realms of possibility, I know you haven't investigated this/have no personal knowledge, however I can say without typing in chat I was essentially told "hey guys let's dodge" "this yuumi omfg" "Hey Yuumi %%%" after this I called him a piece of shit. (Negative behaviour I know pls dont ban me but just for full disclosure.) > > I am okay with being banned for saying %%% in chat, because actually, you know what, teenagers play this game and suicide is horrific, I just don't understand why riot doesn't have a blanket ban on telling people to kill themselves. Unless it is 100% a joke made to a friend, I would like to see riot step up to the mark, surely the 14 day suspension is the warning for typing %%%? Again the systems have a limited amount of tolerance built in. For example it would really suck (plus add a bunch of false positives) to ban someone for saying "What does %%% mean?" who genuinely doesn't know. It's very unlikely you ask that question 2 times, or 3 times. It's very possible that your example could manifest with a serious amount of bad luck - while it absolutely is not a pleasant experience for that one player, other players should not be punished because of what previous players said. A less extreme example, if 20 people in a row tell you you suck at the game and should uninstall - that's gonna feel pretty bad. Should the 20th person get a punishment for that because 19 entirely different people said the same thing? Especially if that player has never had a single mark against them, it would feel pretty bad. Saying %%% in any form is going to put you riskily close to suspension - but it doesn't always instantly manifest in that. As mentioned we have a support team who can manually investigate and make calls, but the main purpose for an element of flexibility is to prevent being overzealous in suspensions for cases like I mentioned - the mere mention of zero tolerance words would result in an instant suspension, resulting in a lot of people being suspended for genuine questions like "what does %%% mean?"
: are you a rioter? why don't you just ban everyone who's being a little shit instead of just looking for who's doing it the "worst" that system doesn't look fair at all we don't all react the same to harassment if per example someone overreacts to getting bullied by premades and then he gets banned for "toxic" and they don't how is that fair?
> [{quoted}](name=rito are scambgs,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=J77Zj0s1,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2019-05-15T08:55:55.993+0000) > > are you a rioter? > why don't you just ban everyone who's being a little shit instead of just looking for who's doing it the "worst" that system doesn't look fair at all we don't all react the same to harassment if per example someone overreacts to getting bullied by premades and then he gets banned for "toxic" and they don't how is that fair? Everyone is judged based on their own actions. Is it fair that someone reacts differently? That's an unfairness in and of itself, and not one the system does (or should) account before. Lack of self control isn't a reason to be excused for your actions. As to your former point, as I mentioned in my example saying "lol you picked yuumi %%% :P" and never saying anything bad again probably won't be picked up as harshly as spamming "%%% you piece of %%%%" repeatedly. That makes sense. There is still some tolerance built into the systems for a one off mistake, but if it can very clearly distinguish your intent (IE: the former may have been a one off joke in super poor taste - but not enough to instaban, versus very clearly repeatedly wishing someone commit suicide) - it'll take action. Manual punishment may potentially be issued, but the systems themselves have never been claimed to be absolute perfection. They have some fault tolerance, as well as the odd time false positives, which is why we have a support team also.
: So players who say k y s in chat won't get banned provided they didn't really mean it?
> [{quoted}](name=RetroMagpie,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=J77Zj0s1,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-15T08:53:41.512+0000) > > So players who say k y s in chat won't get banned provided they didn't really mean it? Not necessarily, but it may not instantly trigger a suspension if you've literally never done anything before, or after, to trigger a punishment. To give some really extreme comparisons, saying "lol you picked yuumi %%% :P" and never saying anything bad again probably won't be picked up as harshly as spamming "%%% you piece of %%%%" repeatedly. That's not to say it will go unnoticed, it will almost certainly count against future punishments even in the first instance.
: So it turns out riot is fairly arbitrary in punishments
There are different factors taken into consideration, including overall how aggressive or offensive you were. Saying it once isn't the same as spamming it, or saying it amongst other things. Generally speaking, people rarely just say %%% once and are pleasant otherwise. That in itself may not earn you a suspension (but would definitely be a big mark against your account for future offenses). On the flipside, if you spam it or say it repeatedly or with other offensive phrases, it would trigger a suspension. I'm not sure if this helps clear this particular case up any (I haven't actually looked at it), but if that's the only thing the player said that might explain it. (And is also pretty strange behaviour)
JustClone (EUNE)
: This is slow. Smart cast is better. What is the next? Victor's E manual cast? What about Tally's? Hell no, son. This is one way ticket to wooden divisions...
> [{quoted}](name=JustClone,realm=EUNE,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=ON5yv4aE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-05-15T07:29:03.925+0000) > > This is slow. > Smart cast is better. > > What is the next? Victor's E manual cast? What about Tally's? > Hell no, son. This is one way ticket to wooden divisions... I actually do exactly this on those skills so I can have better control over them X-D I find it difficult, if not impossible, to control Viktor's E on even smart cast with indicators.
: Rioters dont care about EUW *solution
I broke your streak, I'm sorry :-( I tend to keep an eye on the boards pretty frequently but, ironically, was recently in NA so didn't have as much time to check out the boards. You are, however, more than welcome to post on NA boards if it's your preference - there is undoubtedly more Rioter presence there due to sheer numbers as well as locational preference (most game devs are in NA) which is why EU is able to post to NA boards :-)
: Please can you help me ? My ping suck atm on EUW i want it to go back to my normal 21ms or do I need to keep spamming over forums/twitter for this problem to get fixed?
> [{quoted}](name=Inferno Rogue,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=tmvogPAO,comment-id=002c000100000002,timestamp=2019-04-16T14:19:23.526+0000) > > Please can you help me ? My ping suck atm on EUW i want it to go back to my normal 21ms or do I need to keep spamming over forums/twitter for this problem to get fixed? Have you contacted support? They should be able to do some troubleshooting with you to look into the issue further.
: UK -> EUW Ping Issues
Just to confirm, the provider has confirmed all should be fixed up, so things should remain stable now ^^
Antenora (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Eambo,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=tmvogPAO,comment-id=002c,timestamp=2019-04-14T09:19:53.266+0000) > > Hey guys, > > conspiracy theories aside, the reason for this is a lot less exciting - there's an undersea network cable from London to Amsterdam having problems, which is resulting in sub-optimal routing from the UK to Amsterdam. > > This is outside of our control but we are in touch with the cable provider who are providing us regular updates. Currently the estimated fix date is tomorrow all going well, but that's subject to change depending on weather and how testing goes once they've repaired the cable. > > At this time there's not a *huge* amount we can do until that is fixed. We've been checking out some alternate routing but so far it hasn't provided much in the way of relief :-( I guess you read my tweet then? xD Thanks for the update.
> [{quoted}](name=Antenora,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=tmvogPAO,comment-id=002c0001,timestamp=2019-04-14T10:32:10.997+0000) > > I guess you read my tweet then? xD > > Thanks for the update. :-O I missed a tweet?! :-( In better news, we've actually just seen this circuit recover and our metrics are showing pings should be closer to normal! We haven't had confirmation from the provider yet that they're "hands off" which may mean issues could come back, but at time of writing you should notice your ping back to what it was before :-)
: UK -> EUW Ping Issues
Hey guys, conspiracy theories aside, the reason for this is a lot less exciting - there's an undersea network cable from London to Amsterdam having problems, which is resulting in sub-optimal routing from the UK to Amsterdam. This is outside of our control but we are in touch with the cable provider who are providing us regular updates. Currently the estimated fix date is tomorrow all going well, but that's subject to change depending on weather and how testing goes once they've repaired the cable. At this time there's not a *huge* amount we can do until that is fixed. We've been checking out some alternate routing but so far it hasn't provided much in the way of relief :-(
mUted ADC (EUW)
: I sent a gift to my friend and i was banned, after my suspension ended he didn't receive it
Hi mUted ADC, Unfortunately billing/account issues can't be handled on the boards but if you [contact support](https://support.riotgames.com) they should be able to help you out :-) Edit: Sneaky Cyclone! ;-P
: You didnt see Shaco was in bush and Twitch didnt have vision in bush? 1. How did Twitch even see Shaco in this bush 2. How did he manage to attack target in bush with no vision
> [{quoted}](name=AsTellarrr,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=B8niyllY,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-08T13:33:04.424+0000) > > You didnt see Shaco was in bush and Twitch didnt have vision in bush? The video linked straight to the death, didn't see the stealthed part! I'm actually not sure where the vision came from, interesting. The only thing I can see happening from Shaco is his jack in the box triggering, but as far as I recall that doesn't grant vision. {{sticker:sg-zephyr}}
: How did Twitch kill Shaco?
Twitch's passive (Deadly Venom) does Damage over Time poison damage per stack :-)
: > [{quoted}](name=Squirrel Bomb,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=U80kgJ3X,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-06T12:27:41.722+0000) > > Oh it's imgur. My ISP blocks imgur for some unknown reason :/ Thank you Squirrel, you explained it well. Found it. @Eambo. Your picture doesn't show anything about clicking on a section or where it is to even open the page with the patch note list. You should put more thought into it next time.
> [{quoted}](name=ThebestIvan,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=U80kgJ3X,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-06T13:16:26.381+0000) > > Thank you Squirrel, you explained it well. Found it. > > @Eambo. Your picture doesn't show anything about clicking on a section or where it is to even open the page with the patch note list. You should put more thought into it next time. I didn't realise you were asking for a step by step, you asked for a picture of where it was :-P It's pretty easy to find just by scrolling down any champion page, but sounds like you have the instructions you need already! ^^
: > [{quoted}](name=Eambo,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=U80kgJ3X,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-06T11:42:56.465+0000) > > https://i.imgur.com/u1GlCx8.png > > This section? That just shows as a broken image for me. EDIT: Because my ISP hates imgur.
> [{quoted}](name=Squirrel Bomb,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=U80kgJ3X,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-06T12:26:07.295+0000) > > That just shows as a broken image for me. If you click into it it should show, for some reason this happens sometimes with imgur on boards O.o
: I know that every game has loopholes, but this kind of loophole is really serious, which seriously affects my game experience.
> [{quoted}](name=SïQï TnT,realm=EUW,application-id=yTagKVTg,discussion-id=lwHYxi1f,comment-id=0000000000000002,timestamp=2019-04-06T12:07:08.472+0000) > > I know that every game has loopholes, but this kind of loophole is really serious, which seriously affects my game experience. Unfortunately the support team will need to be the ones to take a look, but I notice you've sent quite a few messages. This causes your ticket to take longer to respond to as it looks like it's had an update recently. Please try to avoid repeatedly bumping the ticket so our support team can get to it :-) Thank you!
: I have already written a request on submit a request. But no one has responded to me yet.{{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
> [{quoted}](name=SïQï TnT,realm=EUW,application-id=yTagKVTg,discussion-id=lwHYxi1f,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-06T12:01:30.700+0000) > > I have already written a request on submit a request. But no one has responded to me yet.{{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}} It may still be under investigation, how long ago was the ticket submitted?
: Account data is emptied for no reason
Hi SïQï TnT, If you haven't already, please [submit a request](https://support.riotgames.com) for our support team to take a look. Account and billing issues cannot be assisted on the boards unfortunately.
: Show me a screenshot where champion nerf/buff history is on the wiki
https://i.imgur.com/u1GlCx8.png This section?
: Flash isn't an option because it's on D {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
> [{quoted}](name=A Snarky Cyclone,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=OdAekYks,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-04-03T09:01:34.480+0000) > > Flash isn't an option because it's on D > > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} Only for people who are wrong.
: No, Eambo confirmed. F is for paying respects. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
> [{quoted}](name=A Snarky Cyclone,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=OdAekYks,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-03T08:54:22.081+0000) > > No, Eambo confirmed. F is for paying respects. > > {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}} Only when Flash and HexFlash are unavailable, clearly.
VIT Laati (EUNE)
: D for Flash.
> [{quoted}](name=VIT Laati,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=OdAekYks,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-03T08:14:54.967+0000) > > D for Flash. D for DoingItWrong. F for Flash is clearly superior and correct X-D {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
Cranda (EUNE)
: No CTRL 1 2 3 4
Hey Cranda, This sounds like another program has those keybindings and is pulling you out. I'd advise closing anything in the background (including in the taskbar) to see what may be causing it :-)
Show more

Eambo

Level 117 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion