: Name for a Talon main?
Imainlongswords {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
: Presenting the EU Boards Discord!
: There is a factor you didn't include in your thoughts. The marksmen update and the release of Jhin showed us that interactions with crit in the kit of a marksman is the actual way to go for riot. Replacing the stat crit has to replace these mechanics, too. Otherwise these champions wouldn't be balanced. So how are you going to change these champions: {{champion:51}} {{champion:202}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:21}}
> [{quoted}](name=SatomiKun,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=L9f46r9d,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-12-10T00:22:07.393+0000) > > There is a factor you didn't include in your thoughts. > > The marksmen update and the release of Jhin showed us that interactions with crit in the kit of a marksman is the actual way to go for riot. Replacing the stat crit has to replace these mechanics, too. Otherwise these champions wouldn't be balanced. > > So how are you going to change these champions: > {{champion:51}} {{champion:202}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:21}} Caitlyn, Quinn, and Miss Fortune all have unique passives that gives them an increased AD steroid, not a crit. Miss Fortune has an ultimate that crits, but it's potential wasn't really abused when she was at the top of the meta near the end of the season because it was favoured for stacking up Black Cleaver really quickly and dealing out a shit tonne of raw AD. Jhin is the only odd one out who has a guaranteed critical strike in his kit. Even without crit he did disgusting damage when he only had raw AD items. The favor for his crit build is to remove any form of immobility he had while still retaining his insane damage output and because of the AD item changes make it less advantageous for his damage output.
Rioter Comments
Fransiee (EUW)
: economical purposes
> [{quoted}](name=Fransiee,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=7glafhRH,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-11-01T16:55:31.620+0000) > > economical purposes This. Also Riot server buildings are pretty spread out. EUW is hosted in Dublin. EUNE is split between Poland & Germany.
: The assassin class update
I'm very much looking forward to the Talon update. I can't wait. Gibe pbe pls. Nah for real though it's awesome that I'll be going back to the first champion I ever bought when I started playing LoL.
buPPDrmXEO (EUNE)
: Nice "algorithm" RioTards
Damn this is some A+ salt. Hah. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
: How good is Nocturne right now?
Nocturne is very solid at the moment. He's a fantastic AD bruiser that can take a punch and hit back twice as hard. One of the best duelists in the game IMO. He's very good for deleting squishy teams, but he isn't too bad at taking on tanks either. His abilities are very flexible and mechanical, so you can have multiple builds around him depending on the lineup you face; Crit, damage, off-tank, bruiser, lifesteal and so on. While his kit is indeed old, it holds up very well. He is my go to jungler for that very reason, as the current meta has a mix of bruisers and squishies, which are prime targets for Nocturne. A very good build for him at the moment is the Red smite Warrior build. You can nuke the target you ult in 0.5 seconds because of the insane damage output. {{item:1412}} > {{item:3142}} > {{item:3009}} OR {{item:3158}} > {{item:3147}} > {{item:3812}} > Situational With this build, it's all about the damage. A good and classic Nocturne tactic is to line your Duskbringer up right before you dash to your target during his ultimate, cause when it hits them, you'll get the bonus AD steroid as soon as you land, letting you shred them very efficiently. Now, about his abilities. They're very good for the following reasons: His Q is effectively an AD steroid. He does increased damage to enemies who are hit by the trail and also gains movement speed to stay on top of them. His W is very underrated, as when Nocturne successfully blocks an ability, he gains an attack speed boost. With the Youmuu's active, you become a whirling dance of death. His E is an odd one, but it's fantastic for baiting out the enemy flash, and even though it last barely a second, it's why his dueling is so good. The ultimate doesn't even need to be explained. It's one of the most team-disorientating ults out there, and god help whoever is stuck by themselves when Nocturne picks a target.
: How was your week?
I found out that my favorite Progressive Rock band, Ayreon is producing another album for next year. I have failed to contain my excitement. For any of those interested in metal/prog music, give Ayreon a go. Even if you're not interested in those genres, I still recommend that you give Ayreon a go. The creator, Arjen Lucassen has had **MANY** names contribute to his project. Bruce Dickenson, James LaBrie, Mikael Akerfeldt, Jorn Lande, Damian Wilson, and so on. That's just the vocal contributes. Troy Donockley, Rick Wakeman, and even more famous and influential artists have contributed to his projects. He is considered a genius in his field, a modern rock god, and that's just from the Ayreon project. His side projects; Guilt Machine, Star one, Ambeon, The Gentle Storm are also infinitely fantasmic. If you get the chance, listen to his albums while you have the time to. It doesn't justify listening to one or two Ayreon songs. _You have to sit down for this shit and ride all the way through it._ Seriously, check out Ayreon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A5MNE3tdCc
Perilum (EUW)
: Time to fight for Glory @Cosantoir
I'll be watching this thread. OH! OH! OH! Livestream progress, anyone?
yohnnysu (EUNE)
: How about Varus?
Well.. If you're talking about fun with Varus; you should give this a shot. Wouldn't recommend taking it to ranked since it's primarily just a fun build. Follwing the standard AP Varus build you pretty much melt everything in sight once you have your items. its also funny to gank out of jungle from 40 feet away thanks to the range on the ult. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/223160598911778817/231942550565421056/unknown.png
Lyroit (EUW)
: There are a few things I like to play which you can't in rankeds: * Illaoi support: Just bully the enemy to the tower and beyond xD * Toplane Morgana: The "i don't care" laner. You get ganked? Blackshield and walk away * Kayle Support: I am invincible and will beat you up! * Jungle Lulu: Still so much fun with on-hit * ... Really like that about normal games, and most of the times you won't get someone who dodges or flames you
> [{quoted}](name=Lyroit,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=P0RoAMB1,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2016-10-02T01:32:27.387+0000) > > There are a few things I like to play which you can't in rankeds: > > * Illaoi support: Just bully the enemy to the tower and beyond xD > * Toplane Morgana: The "i don't care" laner. You get ganked? Blackshield and walk away > * Kayle Support: I am invincible and will beat you up! > * Jungle Lulu: Still so much fun with on-hit > * ... > > Really like that about normal games, and most of the times you won't get someone who dodges or flames you I've seen and done many of those. I'm just still, so surprised that Varus Jungle worked. Like, he's shit because of his high cd and bad camp clear until he gets his jungle item and then it's just plain sailing from there. This shouldn't work. But it does.
Lyroit (EUW)
: 1k normal wins later... I <3 normals xD
> [{quoted}](name=Lyroit,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=P0RoAMB1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-10-02T01:22:27.371+0000) > > 1k normal wins later... I &lt;3 normals xD Seriously though. AP Varus Jungle. Of all the champions you could jungle with lmao. I'm surprised it worked.
Rioter Comments
: Is varus bad in an adc role
There's several ways to playing Varus. Although you'll find the best synergy if you play him with a tank/cc/engage support if you bring him to botlane. He's my go-to Champion in both Mid and Bot.
: Riot EU Internship 2016 - Summary and AMA
Sent the link containing info for the internships to a couple of third years I know where I used to study. Hopefully they'll get something in :D
: plat smurf need duo for my smurf (DRAVEN ONLY ACC)
Rioter Comments
Tarolock (EUW)
: try illaoi support :D vayne said she goes afk after 3 mins, she couldnt farm and her soul was always outside of her body :D
> [{quoted}](name=Tarolock,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=QNLc0QZu,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-09-03T14:34:56.198+0000) > > try illaoi support :D vayne said she goes afk after 3 mins, she couldnt farm and her soul was always outside of her body :D Oh I've had one. I just decided to take an AP Varus build seriously for once. It worked out quite well if you ask me. That and every time I ulted I practically deleted people.
Virosus (EUW)
: Kalista?
Kalista has been nerfed over and over since release. While the last change on her may seem beneficial, it handicaps her if she wants to go solo for a small while as she loses the AS benefits of being with her oathsworn. That was the final nail in the coffin for her. Now skilled Kalista players will always come out on top, and use her passive well. Like Ezreal and Ashe, Kalista is one of the best kiting marksmen in the game. Her Martial Poise is so crucial to her kit that Riot nerfed her over and over because her win rate was staggering.
Rioter Comments
: Though they took quite an interesting part: his ult. It was the only ult that made sure a carry that dies in a fight could immediately continue to fight.
> [{quoted}](name=Stahlvormund,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=1rkwhsNg,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-27T21:49:49.484+0000) > > Though they took quite an interesting part: his ult. > It was the only ult that made sure a carry that dies in a fight could immediately continue to fight. Yeah but this is pretty much like fighting Mordekaiser when he's ulted a late-game dragon. 6v5 is pretty decent, and the rank 3 of the Maiden having 3k HP is pretty devastating considering Yorick's excellent siege and AD Juggernaut standing.
: What an epic rage!
{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}} {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
: An interesting look into the Report System
Holy hell I started a fierce old debate now. I did _not_ expect that. Oh well healthy discussion is always the best of things, even if situations become heated. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Rioter Comments
Elepole (EUW)
: You are assuming new player care for scalling, mobility, or any other advanced concept or tactics of the game. But now, we are speaking new player here, people that don't even know the difference between AD and AP. All of your point on Varus are very true, he is slow, his scaling fall off, good timing is core and tricky with him. BUT, that's all advanced concept a player will care about when he already know to play the game at a certain level. New player, they just need a straightforward kit. And as you said, the basic of Varus kit are straightforward.
> [{quoted}](name=Elepole,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bEGiKsBK,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2016-08-09T13:24:54.170+0000) > > You are assuming new player care for scalling, mobility, or any other advanced concept or tactics of the game. But now, we are speaking new player here, people that don&#x27;t even know the difference between AD and AP. All of your point on Varus are very true, he is slow, his scaling fall off, good timing is core and tricky with him. BUT, that&#x27;s all advanced concept a player will care about when he already know to play the game at a certain level. New player, they just need a straightforward kit. And as you said, the basic of Varus kit are straightforward. The problem with that is that on top of that he's pretty skill-shot reliant. I'm a mastery 7 Varus player and I still miss shots every now and then. I'm just wondering, even though his kit is very simple, why such a skill-shot reliant champion was placed as a starter champion. Hitting Varus' shots when they really need to count isn't an easy thing.
: Ok. Still doesnt answer my question
> [{quoted}](name=Pruhskeelz,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bEGiKsBK,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2016-08-09T12:02:05.468+0000) > > Ok. Still doesnt answer my question Wukong, Garen and Shyvana are taking up the spots for Top Lane. Stands to reason as Garen is a staple character of League.
: Because he's simple
> [{quoted}](name=Pruhskeelz,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bEGiKsBK,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-08-09T11:46:27.550+0000) > > Because he&#x27;s simple While his kit is simple, his gameplay and mechanics really aren't. You don't see many platinum Varus players for a reason, since many, myself included, aren't at the high enough skill level to play him on that level. but when you see Platinum Varus players standing there, they're there for a reason.
: The real question is why is Khazix there and where are Malphite, Darius, Olaf and Maokai?
> [{quoted}](name=Pruhskeelz,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bEGiKsBK,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-08-09T11:49:33.340+0000) > > The real question is why is Khazix there and where are Malphite, Darius, Olaf and Maokai? Khazix is the only assassin there on the list and one of two junglers.
Strikerz99 (EUNE)
: So, which Project Skin Shard Blueprint did you get?
I got Project: Lucian. Rito really wants me to play him now, considering I've gotten him in ARAM several games in a row lately. I also main ADC too so that's a plus.
Alchemiczka (EUNE)
: Yeah, I guess Riot made a mistake. Or maybe there is a mysterious reason for that. It would be nice tho if they would write it in this guide, saying players why those champions are good for the start.
> [{quoted}](name=Circe,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bEGiKsBK,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-09T11:35:29.948+0000) > > Yeah, I guess Riot made a mistake. Or maybe there is a mysterious reason for that. It would be nice tho if they would write it in this guide, saying players why those champions are good for the start. I'm tempted to make a guide on the forums about Varus considering he's featured and all now.
: becasue he is champion you only start with and never come back to
> [{quoted}](name=Duk the Hunter,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bEGiKsBK,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-08-09T11:40:22.224+0000) > > becasue he is champion you only start with and never come back to I guess Jinx, Wukong, Lux, lissandra, Garen, Khazix, Ashe, Ryze and Shyvana are also champs people start with but never go back to either. http://i.imgur.com/BCQYa3o.png
Alchemiczka (EUNE)
: Hmm it is weird, I have to agree with your opinion. It's not easy adc because he doesn't have any escape (only slow and his ultimate). Even Ashe is safer pick on botlane. Maybe they were thinking about poking his Q and ult which is pretty easy to use against close enemy. I still think that the best adc for a start is Corki, Ashe and Jinx. Their skills are really easy and you don't need to know how to actually USE them in a good way.
> [{quoted}](name=Circe,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bEGiKsBK,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-08-09T11:21:10.516+0000) > > Hmm it is weird, I have to agree with your opinion. It&#x27;s not easy adc because he doesn&#x27;t have any escape (only slow and his ultimate). Even Ashe is safer pick on botlane. Maybe they were thinking about poking his Q and ult which is pretty easy to use against close enemy. I still think that the best adc for a start is Corki, Ashe and Jinx. Their skills are really easy and you don&#x27;t need to know how to actually USE them in a good way. I agree wholeheartedly. While Varus can be played in any lane aside from jungle, champions such as Ashe and more likely Corki- as he's played in multiple lanes as well, would be far easier to learn how to use. There's no denying that Varus' kit can single-handedly turn the tide of a team fight, but he's very easy to catch off guard given his immobility and his high cooldowns, especially if played in the ADC role. On top of that his DPS is sub-par compared to other marksmen champion like Caitlyn, Ashe, Vayne and Jinx who excel at it. Their abilities are easy to understand and easy to hit- aside from Jinx and Ashe's global ults.
Rioter Comments
: Please Help me to find a name with Zed And Yasuo can be puns,jokes whatever winner will get a skin ;
Ummm... Umbral Cyclone? Umbra is another way of saying Shadow. And cyclone ofc refers to Yasuo's Tornado.
DELDE115 (EUW)
: [LORE AND EVENTS] Straight out of ASK RIOT, I found a little paragraph Im quite excited about.
moonborn (EUW)
: So i got from unranked to diamond V as a solo support.
"Least influential role on the game" I don't know man, as an ADC Main I find that my supports go a long way and can make game-changing movements with just one ability. I always value my supports, because if I fuck up they suffer the consequences and have to peel for me to try save my sorry ass. Occasionally I'll come across people with bad communication skills (i.e they won't listen) but it only stays at occasionally. Sure, there'll be ones that have poor synergy and what not, no matter how skilled one duo is individually but that's just bad luck more than anything else. I find that the support role is very influential in any game. While I certainly wouldn't have the skills to play it, it's nice to know that there are some people dedicated to that role.
Spearki (EUW)
: i kinda some what understand that i mean it's true if you don't do it who will but i'm happy none who i went to school with called the police when i tried to suicide i mean i still think about it today as none even close to me knows that i tried to do it twice it's locked behind closed doors and idk i feel both good and bad about it i'm not sure if they actually did call the police or anyhting like that 5years ago that anything would be better maybe i'm wrong but i just can't think of any psychiatrist or anything that would help and i'm still down there even now and still lost but i think that it has been better without anyone knowing how i feel and felt and maybe still do idk maybe this girls doesn't feel the same way i guess it depends who you are or maybe i'm totally wrong as i'm still lost in thought of what to do my self brb got a game
> [{quoted}](name=Spearki,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=sfxvmuAM,comment-id=0008000000000000,timestamp=2016-07-03T19:55:41.371+0000) > > i kinda some what understand that i mean it&#x27;s true if you don&#x27;t do it who will but i&#x27;m happy none who i went to school with called the police when i tried to suicide i mean i still think about it today as none even close to me knows that i tried to do it twice it&#x27;s locked behind closed doors and idk i feel both good and bad about it i&#x27;m not sure if they actually did call the police or anyhting like that 5years ago that anything would be better maybe i&#x27;m wrong but i just can&#x27;t think of any psychiatrist or anything that would help and i&#x27;m still down there even now and still lost but i think that it has been better without anyone knowing how i feel and felt and maybe still do idk maybe this girls doesn&#x27;t feel the same way i guess it depends who you are or maybe i&#x27;m totally wrong as i&#x27;m still lost in thought of what to do my self > > brb got a game I have couple of sentences that comes to mind in situations like that. 1) Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. 2)'Fixing' yourself is not a short-term thing. It can take years and years to undo and hopefully recover from the damage that one places under themselves during a period of extreme mental strain.
Spearki (EUW)
: Idk i can understand people want to dump someone like that and stop all contact but if you want to actually save them is going to the police not the wrong thing to do isn't it just going to be worse that's how i feel but i'm some what mentally ill also so ehh i wouldn't want someone to go to the police for me just saying ps not saying you're wrong in anyway idk if it's the right thing to do tho but it's not me who decides so :p
> [{quoted}](name=Spearki,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=sfxvmuAM,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2016-07-03T19:14:59.028+0000) > > Idk i can understand people want to dump someone like that and stop all contact but if you want to actually save them is going to the police not the wrong thing to do isn&#x27;t it just going to be worse that&#x27;s how i feel but i&#x27;m some what mentally ill also so ehh i wouldn&#x27;t want someone to go to the police for me just saying > > ps not saying you&#x27;re wrong in anyway idk if it&#x27;s the right thing to do tho but it&#x27;s not me who decides so :p I'll explain on that point now. I'm not a figure of authority nor do I have insight into mental health. However I've met and known a couple of counselors who've had told me the same thing: Even in the strictest confidentiality agreements, if a person is under the age of eighteen those counselors are legally obliged to report them to the authorities if there's even a hint of attempted suicide. A counselor, and even further up a psychiatrist, their jobs are to help people to gain the willpower to help themselves out of a bad situation. I know how you're thinking, and I made that point addressed to the OP. From my perspective, I had to betray someone's trust so they could be landed in the opportunity to get a handle on themselves. Initially they despised me for it and I felt guilty as fucking hell over it. It hurt so much doing something like that. I never felt so guilty before in my life, but as they got better, I lost count of how many times they've thanked me for doing something no one else would've done. It's embarrassing and humiliating, I understand that, and I know it myself. But sometimes harsh things like that need to be done. At that point it's not a matter of 'Will I?/Will I not?' but more of 'You need to do this. Don't stop at any cost'. I've been on both sides of the fence in regards to situations like this. The right thing to do is neither heartwarming or comforting. It hurts badly. But it needs to be done. Because if I don't do it, then who will? And that person could've ended up dead maybe a couple days, weeks, or even months later if I didn't do anything.
: I don't know what to do,i need help, this is some serious sh#t, and i just don't know what to do :(
I can give some advice on the matter. I've met and known many people like the girl you're talking about. Short-term: Distance yourself from her and get away from contacting her at all. It'll only end badly for you if you continue. Long-term: Girls and boys like that have some serious internal issues. Their mental stability is not at a level that would be considered normal on any standards. With that levity brings a serious amount of danger both to yourself and that girl. You've already been hooked by her into giving her what she wants; attention. What she needs is not the same as what she wants and what she needs is help from proper authorities who work with those suffering from mental illnesses, and this is exactly what this girl has; a mental illness. You've mentioned that she's seeing a psychiatrist multiple times a week. That's not a good sign on any levels. She's also threatened to blame you should she 'not wake up' which is a clear sign that it's her last attempt to have you hooked into feeding her what she wants by using the threat of suicide to stonewall you into not being able to do anything, as she's making you feel bad and at blame for all the shit that's happened to her in whatever life she's living. On a more serious issue; whether she commits suicide or not, you need to know that whatever happens is not your fault. On any level. What she does is her decision, and hers alone. At this stage, this is something that you do not have any power over. I'd recommend you get the hell away from her, because if you stay with her, you'll only end up damaging yourself in the long term. As a sidenote- If someone sent me pictures of their freshly cut open wounds, and considering you and her are probably only teenagers given how that's how young teens act when they try and attract attention to themselves, I'd stop at that. I'd cut off talking to her and send the messages she sent you to any local police authority, or even her parents. That's all you can really do when you're presented with a situation like that. It's ugly, and I know for a fact you'd hate to do it. I've known and spent my time around so many people who've had seriously negative mental issues going on in their lives, and sometimes if you want to save yourself the pain you need to 'save them' in a way by betraying their trust and letting people who know how to handle people who have mental issues in what's going on.
: But when her W damage is "fine as it is", why does she suck so hard? And btw you get lower attackspeed at lvl 18 near your oathsworn when you build too much attack speed - so that isnt only a buff. And that isn't embarrasment -.- i was looking to find somebody to argue with about kalista, not about personal statements that are basically not what i ask for, so i deleted the answer to freeze that discussion. but you were too fast ;) that should be kinda embarrising for you tho..
> [{quoted}](name=LYN Whizzk1d,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=afOU7aqL,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-07-02T22:47:56.021+0000) > > But when her W damage is &quot;fine as it is&quot;, why does she suck so hard? And btw you get lower attackspeed at lvl 18 near your oathsworn when you build too much attack speed - so that isnt only a buff Kalista is a mix of DoT and DPS in terms of her abilities. She's not a raw damage type of AD Carry like Jinx or Miss Fortune. Her entire kit is geared towards working co-cooperatively with her Oathsworn, and in hindsight, her entire team. And anyone who knows how to use Kalista can tell you that there's a very good reason why she was a favored pick during LCS, LCK, MSI, Worlds. Her kiting is one of the best in the game. Kalista only sucks if you suck at using her. Learn how her passive works and practice with it. Because it's super satisfying dodging skill-shots with it. The only attack speed items that Kalista needs is BoRK ,Berserker's Greaves and Runaan's Hurricane. Any more attack speed and you lose out on damage from autos or other items such as LDR, IE, etc. Besides, at level 18, I'm pretty sure Kalista won't be found wandering by herself alone on the map. She'll most likely be throwing her support into a teamfight to make sick plays.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=LYN Whizzk1d,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=afOU7aqL,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2016-07-02T22:38:08.288+0000) > > Hmm that isn&#x27;t really an argument.. It isn't an argument. It's a fact. http://i.imgur.com/NesTj58.png Also way to go to make yourself look like a dumbass lmao. No deletion will hide that embarrassment.
: scythe: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/narutofanon/images/7/79/Untitlek.u.id.png/revision/latest?cb=20130328050937 flail (spelt it wrong the 1st time): http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/runescape2/images/8/84/Ivandis_flail_detail.png/revision/latest?cb=20111123022235 https://www.knightsedge.com//images/Product/medium/medieval-flail-2605.jpg
> [{quoted}](name=BradLegend,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=kErErErH,comment-id=0001000000000001,timestamp=2016-07-02T22:08:07.668+0000) > > flail (spelt it wrong the 1st time): > http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/runescape2/images/8/84/Ivandis_flail_detail.png/revision/latest?cb=20111123022235 The fuck m8 thats the Rod of Ivandis did you never get out of Lumbridge or what? On a more serious note, Thresh uses a Kama linked to his lantern. Akali also uses Kamas. There actually hasn't been a champion on release that's had a scythe in their base design.
: that would be true if they only changed the attack damage thing. but please explain me: if riot wants kalista to be more teamplay focused (especially on her support), why did they nerf the w damage and the ult? now it is not even rewarding, when you really play together with your support and attack the same target. you just have to stand near to him and passively get attack speed.
> [{quoted}](name=1v9 Lee Sin,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=afOU7aqL,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2016-07-01T18:10:12.583+0000) > > that would be true if they only changed the attack damage thing. but please explain me: if riot wants kalista to be more teamplay focused (especially on her support), why did they nerf the w damage and the ult? now it is not even rewarding, when you really play together with your support and attack the same target. you just have to stand near to him and passively get attack speed. The W damage is fine as it is. Besides it's %HP damage if your oath-sworn gets a hit off on them and you follow up on it. Also to compensate for that, they gave Kalista an increased attack speed bonus when near her oathsworn.
: Does Riot hate Kalista?
This like, the 12th nerf in a long line of nerfs for Kalista. All it's doing is forcing her into more team-focused play, because that's the point of The Black Spear. You don't hang around with your Oathsworn? Fine suffer the consequences. That's all it is.
SKT YouPorn (EUNE)
: Who is the best high elo Jhin player?
Even without the pros opinion, Jhin's mindset is something the player has to adopt if they want to do well with him and use his kit effectively. Imagine you're making sick plays, except instead of a kill its the entire game. Everything needs to go to your planning with him if you want to pull it off effectively. Do they hide in bush alot? Exploit that with your Lotus traps. They get to close? Use your 4th auto / Q on minions into his W for the snare. Need to assist your team from afar? Ult, ult, ult! You have to plan entirely ahead when playing as Jhin. Having tonnes of damage won't be of any use if you can't even use it.
: Dumbass nerfs
Morgana, Lux & Yasuo are all played primarily in mid lane for reason. They're strengths suit the lane. Morgana originally began as a mid laner until people figured her kit is pretty good for supporting carries because of her utilities. Lux is pretty much a repositioned version of Morgana, aside from Lux's ult, her and morgana's kit is actually pretty similar. Also, Magic Resist is a thing. Yasuo can be easily cut down when he's got no minions to dive you with. It's why it's best to freeze the lane just outside turret range when going versus him because his dives will cause him to get into turret range. Play to their strenghts if you want to draw them out. Let them think they have the advantage because they'll more than less try and go for an all in before it gets turned on them. They're meant to be strong because that's the role they're played in.
Infernape (EUW)
: I think his Q damage gets crazy once you put two points in it. Hell, it's crazy with one point against a squishy target. It's satisfying chunking someone for a third of their HP with a fully charged Q. Although his passive is a bit lacklustre I don't really mind because the rest of his kit makes up for it.
> [{quoted}](name=FurorDivinus27,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Rr4Oexb9,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2016-06-30T23:08:18.514+0000) > > I think his Q damage gets crazy once you put two points in it. Hell, it&#x27;s crazy with one point against a squishy target. It&#x27;s satisfying chunking someone for a third of their HP with a fully charged Q. > > Although his passive is a bit lacklustre I don&#x27;t really mind because the rest of his kit makes up for it. His Q gets crazy as soon as the enemy has 3 blight stacks on them. 3 autos and a fully charged Q will take between a third and half the enemy's hp off at level 2 if it's hit right.
Håvøkk (EUW)
: How to make Varus great again?
Varus main here. I can say without a doubt, Varus is in a _ very_ good spot right now. Not even for his mid game either. He still excels in top and bot when played right. His mid game is fantastic, and its why he's played in competitive scenes, on top of that, his unique utility of an ult goes well with ANY team composition. I've played him in several different styles and each one is as strong as you could want it to be, whether it be AP, AD Tear or ADC. Each play-style has it's own strengths and weaknesses. Sure, I've said myself a couple of times that maybe his passive needs a looking to, but I wouldn't swap out his W for the passive, as that destroys his AP game at every point possible, limiting his secondary mage role and nullifying the role Riot and Meddler gave him with his Hybrid status as both an AD Carry and an AP Carry type. Now without a doubt, his Armour Penetration builds are probably one of the strongest champion builds in the entire game, given how far his reach is with his basic ability, but don't doubt his ADC and AP potentials. As I said, each has their own strengths and their own weaknesses. Early game and mid game is his playground. Late game is where his scaling falls off. It's perfectly balanced. He's a definitive Feast or Famine type of champion, but his snowball potential is absolutely wicked because of his Q damage spike after it's third point has been put in. I don't think his passive needs a permanent % attack speed increase either. That'd break his AD Tear game because he would stumble into a disgusting DPS zone right there. And if he's played ADC it'll be three times as worse.
: Upvoted. Great comparison. Kalista being my favourite champion, I didn't remember about that comparison, well done. And the problem is very similar. Kalista, like Kindred, was pre-nerfs strong in two OPPOSITE fields of gameplay. And that's something that should never happen, in the name of healthy gameplay. Kindred's two opposite fields in which she is strong are the early-game and late-game (adding mid-game by association). Kalista's two opposite fields in which she WAS strong were solo play, and team play. She was brought as an ADC whose kit was meant to make plays with her support more than any other ADC. But she was also surprisingly strong by herself vs. various opponents. All her nerfs were directed at her (unfair) ability to survive and take heads without her support's presence. As a Kalista player, I wasn't even mad at any of the nerfs, because they had clear-cut reasoning and purpose. Just as Kindred's nerfs are all directed to her ability to be oppressive early-game. Again, excellent comparison.
> [{quoted}](name=Tagalus,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=te0fF6HA,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2016-06-19T13:15:05.069+0000) > > Upvoted. > Great comparison. > Kalista being my favourite champion, I didn&#x27;t remember about that comparison, well done. > > And the problem is very similar. > > Kalista, like Kindred, was pre-nerfs strong in two OPPOSITE fields of gameplay. And that&#x27;s something that should never happen, in the name of healthy gameplay. > Kindred&#x27;s two opposite fields in which she is strong are the early-game and late-game (adding mid-game by association). > Kalista&#x27;s two opposite fields in which she WAS strong were solo play, and team play. > She was brought as an ADC whose kit was meant to make plays with her support more than any other ADC. But she was also surprisingly strong by herself vs. various opponents. > All her nerfs were directed at her (unfair) ability to survive and take heads without her support&#x27;s presence. > As a Kalista player, I wasn&#x27;t even mad at any of the nerfs, because they had clear-cut reasoning and purpose. > > Just as Kindred&#x27;s nerfs are all directed to her ability to be oppressive early-game. > > Again, excellent comparison. Cheers. I noticed that even with her current nerfs. I ran into a kindred junlger who dominated and carried the game for their team. It was amazing,even though Kindred is currently being focused on the nerf train.
Show more

Furor Nexis

Level 69 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion