: Ahh there it is! You see, I meant it as a joke, I didn't imply it was you, I was saying how merciless the system was. You took it the wrong way, I'm sorry I didn't specify it as a joke. The thing is, that isn't exactly counted as "positive attitude" and in game, reportable though I'd imagine it wouldn't do much, since it's not an offense.
I understand now, sorry, was a bit on the edge xD
WolfX10 (EUNE)
: Well you can use mute all right at the start of the game. I have seen people do it like that so it may work for you. If that is not your style then all I can say is do not take it so seriously. In real life I would be behind you on this but this is a game and the person insulting you would probably shit their pants if you were to just look at them in real life. In my opinion there is no reason to take someone like that seriously since it is a waste of your time, nerves and in your case it may lead to a ban for absolutely nothing. That is just my opinion if you want to stick to your methods then I wont blame you but RIOT will not change their policy on this so just be aware of the risk. Also remember that after the game you can blacklist people so that you wont be put in the same game again.
> [{quoted}](name=WolfX10,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=z8rKMT7L,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-09-20T00:08:13.898+0000) > > Well you can use mute all right at the start of the game. Ik but it's annoying to do that every game... > all I can say is do not take it so seriously. In real life I would be behind you on this but this is a game and the person insulting you would probably shit their pants if you were to just look at them in real life. In my opinion there is no reason to take someone like that seriously since it is a waste of your time, nerves and in your case it may lead to a ban for absolutely nothing. I take it personally because I come playing for light-headed fun and relief. There are already way too many occasions to get frustrated in the real life, if a game replicates that, I dont find it fun anymore. You're right, it's a game, not a relative's life or a bank account, but I think a game is never "just" a game, there's more at "play".
MacDeath (EUW)
: It is not Riot's job to keep you from getting triggered and it's very hard to assume mild flaming correctly. You can curse and insult while everyone is having fun at it but you can also pull some passive aggressive stuff that no one but the target can interpret. Your demands can't be met that way. Riot can only punish concrete toxicity, the successrate for everything else is way too low. The best I can advise you is to work on yourself.
> [{quoted}](name=MacDeath,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=z8rKMT7L,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-09-20T00:15:18.544+0000) > > It is not Riot's job to keep you from getting triggered All the opposite, that's precisely what they claim to do https://www.riotgames.com/articles/20121013/274/how-science-helps-detoxify-player-behavior > The best I can advise you is to work on yourself. To become what? A limp? A low-esteem victim? Habits make the man, and this kind of abuse is rampant in league. If you let go of offenses too often, they end up growing on you and you lose the ability to fend for yourself. I'd rather face consequences than losing self-esteem. This kind of dynamic is very systemic, it's not only riot, every internet company with a public face go this route. I think those policies have to be fought and changed. I totally agree with the rest of what you said; tribunal works that way because it's the most convenient manner for riot to automatize it and keep things tidy so that most players will keep playing and spend.
WolfX10 (EUNE)
: How about the mute button?
I wouldnt mind a permanent /mute all if there was an option. But not muting *after* I was insulted.
: STFU! "I'm sorry ******* but your account has been banned for THE WORST attitude in game. Please do not come back." The issue is it's a bot that applies bans, and it checks the chat logs after a report to identify any "flame". So yes, it can be a double edged sword because it will also check the reporter's chat log, and if he is the offender... Well he gets a punishment.
Stfu yourself... You were there? No, then dont start assuming you know. I was banned because I used the word "%%%" and this is a "trigger" (LOL even IAs have developped sjw brain tumors) for reporting programs. I already explained before : the guys harassed me but will never get punished because they keep it very hypocrite. They'll say stuff like "first time adc?" "wow so good" "1/6 gg". No chat bot will ever punish them for this.
Rioter Comments
: How did you find your "Main" Champion?
It's simply the champion I have the most fun playing with.
Dark Insp (EUW)
: Trolling and flaming getting worse and worse?
Maybe people get pissed off when their account is banned for telling people to stop trolling... Or bc people int or afk without punishment... Just kidding, it was aliens
Voldymort (EUNE)
: context is irrelevant the punished player had 2 options: reply and keep the chat drama going OR mute
> [{quoted}](name=Voldymort,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=XeY7mqU0,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-04T09:13:31.999+0000) > > context is irrelevant > > the punished player had 2 options: reply and keep the chat drama going > > OR > > mute People do mute precisely because context *is* relevant ;)
: To all the ban threads
> [{quoted}](name=Azure Dancer,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=XeY7mqU0,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-09-04T09:03:28.767+0000) > you most likely deserved it (failure rate is extremly low) define "deserve"
: Suggestion for Level 30 Uncap
+++ my account isnt even lvl 30 but I concurr.
MacDeath (EUW)
: The effort you put into your account does not privilege you to harass others. As someone who roots for fairness I believe you can understand Riot's policy.
how do you *harass* people who have a "mute" button?
PaladinNO (EUNE)
: They have made some changes to the minions these past few months. I don't know exactly which patch, or even if they mentioned it at all, though. They did this to try to combat the "get stuck in a minion, and dragged along until being 'spat out' again at a random time". It would've been fine, had the pathing system been anything better than it is in StarCraft. Instead, the champion, unless being perfectly micromanaged, just walks back and forth in front of a single minion, unable to get past on its own.
> [{quoted}](name=PaladinNO,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=3AEE9dkv,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2017-08-30T04:39:20.353+0000) > It would've been fine, had the pathing system been anything better than it is in StarCraft. > Instead, the champion, unless being perfectly micromanaged, just walks back and forth in front of a single minion, unable to get past on its own. My impression exactly...
: These minion blocks are becoming more of a problem
It happens a lot to me recently, did they change something?
: Unlock all champs in practice tool
ProTheMole (EUNE)
: Logical Zilean ult idea
Would be cool as hell, and a gameplay feature - think about the predictions!
LazySlav (EUNE)
: Just look how Germany and US cooperate welll after WW2
Are you being ironic? Because the US are in large part responsible for Germany being the dominant power in Europe today
: Sure, if your name is Gokunaruto McAnimeprotagonist. That video was nothing but show. These guys make those insults because they're expected of them, maybe even agreed upon and scripted in advance. They act chummy afterwards because they are paid good money to do so, not because they give a flying f... about sportsmanship.
I'm not into sportsmanship either... You can tell it's not an act because McGregor has always been this way. He's showing, yes - his true personality, what most people repress constantely. He's having fun! The beauty of it is, I've alway sfound Mayweather fake and hypocrite, but McGregor's brutality made him more honest. He confronted him relentlessly, yet when the guy accepted defeat, he realized it wasnt a personal thing... He was just playing the game. He wanted to fight the end-game boss to become stronger, whoever that was. Yes, that's exactly the mentality behind "Gokunaruto" - *that doesnt kill him, makes him stronger*. I'm having fun when I'm flaming and being flamed at. It's part of the game. If someone annoys me and I want to focus on the game, I mute him. If my trolling gets to him personally - maybe he has a problem to fix that's beyond the game, and I'm making him a favour by helping him point out where the problem is. Same thing for me if I was to get too emotionally engaged in some insults by a random guy. Life is a game, the more we play the better we get at it xDDD unless we stick to the confort zone and refuse self-criticism.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkXIRQiIAgI just saiyan...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMv_vGim5UI
House x33 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=GGEZNOSWEAT,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=sjLFU2Wb,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-08-28T14:50:16.279+0000) > > Did you have a childhood? xDDD This is a pretty dumb question.
I'm just joking... What I'm saying is that it does happens often
House x33 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=GGEZNOSWEAT,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=sjLFU2Wb,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-08-28T14:45:14.217+0000) > > Remember those 2 pro fighters went from this > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZOhuLuJ1z8 > > to that > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH1VjAqYhs4 > > ;) This is just show to hype the fans before a fight :) You won't simply turn to buddies after beating the shit out of each other.
> [{quoted}](name=House x33,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=sjLFU2Wb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-08-28T14:45:49.036+0000) > You won't simply turn to buddies after beating the shit out of each other. Did you have a childhood? xDDD
Fathands (EUW)
: So where and when did they tell each other to kill them selves and get cancer and die?
at 2:00 when McDonalds says he'll dribble with his head ^^
Rioter Comments
: > I thought you were exagerating but I'm surprised to see that's actually pretty close from the truth (provided those stats are accurate) The patch i'm talking about is 6.9(not 7.17) http://prntscr.com/ge0vzq
that curve falls harder than {{champion:122}} ' smatsh xDDD
CP Wukong (EUW)
: Yeah, solve everything with violence! That's the way to go, no need to regulate something. If children injure each other while fist fighting that's perfectly natural, and one should encourage them to try to kill as many fellow children as possible.
Go to Irak or Mexico and then you'll see what "violence" is. We're talking about 12yo kids insulting each other's mom safely sit behind an anonymous computer. Not exactly "killing fellow children" xD
Gulthis (EUW)
: Thoughts on Master Yi's current state.
> [{quoted}](name=Gulthis,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=VygOcM5F,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-08-27T14:24:13.677+0000) > the lowest win rate jungler in the whole game. I thought you were exagerating but I'm surprised to see that's actually pretty close from the truth (provided those stats are accurate) http://champion.gg/statistics/#?roleSort=Jungle&sortBy=general.winPercent&order=descend
: How do you suggest to fight back when saying anything bad can result in a punishment or ban. This is not a situation where you see it 1 out of 10 games this is intentional bad behavior which happens very often. Like are we playing the same game? Have you seen what else people say or even do? Even the games rules say to not be a douche. And if people see they can slip free with this then why not push it a little further. Like let's write %%% or something...
> [{quoted}](name=GrimoireWeìss,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=ElAq1AWz,comment-id=000b0001,timestamp=2017-08-27T15:20:00.418+0000) > > How do you suggest to fight back when saying anything bad can result in a punishment or ban. That's exactly what I'm talking about. When we're kids, we're easily scared, easily angered, by everything that goes against our confort. Babies cry because someone looks scary. Kids want people dead just because they look like the bad guy in a story. We're naturally intolerant, lazy, weak. But after 2 kids are allowed to fist fight they often become friends, because they realize the other guy wasnt that bad after all. Rito (and, in general, all those PC, fragility-praising policies) is ruining this for kids.
Amanoserv (EUNE)
: My guide to happiness in League of Legends
here is mine :DDDDD http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=168692
: why make us waste a ban.. its inconsiderate to your team to play a champ you have no idea of playing and that we all have no idea of playing. should be playing with idea to give your team 100% effort and not just playing not to win. Someone picking a champ they have no clue of playing is clearly not playing to win. i dont think thats really a team player or considerate human either. i play to win and wouldnt want to burden my team and have fun at their promo's expense. i dont mind players playing bad, but people picking stuff that they have no idea of playing.. does get to me.. because frankly its like trolling.
Ikr? It just shows an absolute lack of respect for the team, they just dont care the least if they make eveyrone else lose. But *we* get banned for saying so. Rito has their priorities completely messed up
Rismosch (EUW)
: Everyone should try to stay alive. Soraka isn't special in that regard. Soraka needs good positioning, like literally everyone else.
You mean every champ that has no dash, no escape, no bump, no stun (barely), low tank stats, no shield, and whose dmgs are so low anybody else can basically free dps on, without fear of backlash? I dont see many champs in this case apart from soraka
: > [{quoted}](name=Arnoter,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=YZ4berK4,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-08-26T15:34:00.584+0000) > > ban him Read my thread very carefully pls
pls you're pretty sure the guy is gonna troll... And not get punished oc
: dont play first time champs in ranked.. its that simple dont burden your team and respect them a bit... common human decency.
: WHY THE FK I SEE ORN FIRST TIMERS IN RANKED I AM SO PISSED OFF.
+++ I suggest lobbying to rito shareholders to make "first time in ranked" a bannable offense. :DDD
: And you know what the worst part is? Even if you have {{champion:54}} evidence of a player inting, trolling. Evidence that (IF it was a court case) would win you the court 100% it wouldn't matter.
+++ be sure to not say anything that might hurt their feelings though, because #tolerance and #lovetrumphates, and then YOU would have to be banned for ruining the experience
pieps (EUW)
: Lets just put one support in focus that is perticularly relevant to this thread. You can call her "the disease of LoL" or just Janna. {{champion:40}} her shield is massive no doubt about that. it gets even more massive with windspeakers and all those stupid items the cooldown is really really low which means u can spam it on your adc(with 40% cdr you can cast it every 6 seconds - in early 10 seconds are enough because u dont fight 24/7) it gives ad it gives mr and armor with windspeakers just take her passive. only her presence is necessary to give her team a speedbuff. its the goto support bimbo that u play when its not banned. you dont need any skill you just have to press that e on your adc. just look at how oftern janna gets banned in ranked. i can also write a lot about why lulu is stupid but im just gonna stick with janna on this one. you mention 4 supports: soraka: i dont consider soraka a skilled champion. She just has to stay back and heal up her adc when he gets low. I actually love the idea of the q but it still doesnt require enough skill to make her respectable. sona: sona actually gets played a lot right now and shes similar to janna since she shields an heals at the same time which is huge in teamfights. Shes really weak in lane if she focusses on healing and its really risky to go offense with her but she can just stay at the turret with her adc and heal while he farms. its a boring early lane for no-skill players imo. if you pick sona u pick for lategame since u "outscale" pretty much everything without any skill needed. nami: the only difficulty about nami is her q and her ult. but yes nami requires more skill than sona or janna. taric: taric for me falls more in the tank category. He needs more skill than nami.
_She's fragile like silk paper so she's not gonna tank dmgs _she's not gonna deal dmgs either unless you build her that way, which cannot compete with a mage support _her Q does decent CC but once again other supports do better It seems her main strengh is to boost one champ. So, in some way, one could consider picking Janna is like sacrificing one champ to make another stronger. Is it worth it? And I think it applies to many "channel" supports as well
Rismosch (EUW)
: I disagree with that statement that healing Supports like Soraka take "skill". What makes Soraka difficult? Landing the Qs? Come on, you can't tell me this is that difiicult. Or is surviving difficult? Something literally every squishy champion needs to do too? Soraka is easy, period. However on a way more important note: It's true that other Supoirt like Nami and Sona have drawbacks and weaker healing, but more focus on other abilities. This inturn makes them **not** broken.
soraka is free kill for basically anybody, so staying alive while having an impact on the game requires good strategical vision
pieps (EUW)
: The current BROKEN state of "support" champions in LOL
> [{quoted}](name=pieps,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=9dxMsAio,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-08-26T20:22:44.244+0000) > Currently everyone is playing channel supports. Not according to statistics http://champion.gg/statistics/#?roleSort=Support > The problem is theres absolutely no skill involved playing those kind of supports It sure is ez to hug tower and spam Z on your adc, but I doubt that will make you climb... Knowing which of your ally to boost, how and when, now that requires a very different mindset... Im surprised you became platinium with such mindset... Personnaly I love when I duo bot against a soraka or janna, I'll just pick a sup with a gap closer and a stun, my adc will pick an assassin and we'll overwhelm the botlane with damages
ChiTenshi (EUW)
: Riot should just add a filter that changes 'gg ez' or 'ez' into something that makes the player sound silly/stupid (similar to the one in Overwatch).
yeah nothing like a billion dollars company humiliating 12yo kids to promote compassion xDDD
: Why saying "gg ez" is unsportsmanlike
CRUSH YOUR ENNEMIES, SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THEIR WOMEN :DDDD seriously people shouldnt be encouraged in such fragility. Grow some skin, toughen up, learn to fight back. It's part of the fun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAdzBaPDmJk
: How to recover your account & keep it safe!
must be lvl 7 or higher to post a comment

GGEZNOSWEAT

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion