Cypherous (EUW)
: Well each match is a coinflip, the matchmaker is designed to make it so each team has a 50% chance of winning based on MMR's so :P
Tot really you don't allways have a 50% chanse to win . sometimes you have a bettter ranked (aka MMR ) avrage then the team you are playing that means you are " supposed" to win and gives you less lp for a win and more lost if you loss the game . Sometimes the enemy teams has a bettter Tier avrage so if you win vs a " better " team then you get more lp and loss less if you lose the game . But this entire system is throw out if for exampel we get a dimond player who takes our avrage up . He is a jungle main dimond 1 but he has to play Adc and the enemy has a dimond 1 mid main who is playing mid What dimond players do you think have the bettter % chance to win / carrry there game / team . the person on his main role . or the person on a random role
Tarolock (EUNE)
: >So people who are actualy trying to rank up knows that if you have a person who mains ... Adc for example and only plays that role and you checked with op.gg that they have goods win rates and play only adc. >Then it will be more benaficial to give them the role if you think that you can either do better then them in the open roles or if you think they are just a better ADC then you . >Why take this guys role just cus he was an ass and said mid ( adc or feed ) or feed ? noo i want to win give it to him it will be the best % to win the game in this hypotetical situation and what if you had a team where there are 3 mid mains and 2 adc mains? because that was possible back then... so we are back at my point, autofill is and always will be better than anything before... or a different example: lets say you only play adc, in the old system you have to be either fast to get it or ask others and depend on them to get adc, with autofill the worst case is that you have to play something other than adc in 33% of your games, because after 1 autofill you are protected for 2 games, and this is not even considering that you have a second role to choose...
> and what if you had a team where there are 3 mid mains and 2 adc mains? because that was possible back then... so we are back at my point, autofill is and always will be better than anything before... But we have role select before que . the game will place you in to a game that needs a " mid " if you seleceted mid . ur not going to get multipul mid lanes in 1 game unless they slecetd somthing else or if they got Auto filled ....... ohhhhhhh see what i mean . Auto fill makes it so multipul mid lanes that want to play gets pushed in to diffrent lanes . With out it you would not have multipel mids in 1 game who has to play supp top jungle etc
: >If you used op.gg to check my profile like i did you you would see im a top lane / jungle main so i am Well vesed in the game play of jungle. My points is as a auto filled jungler you most likely don't know when its a good ide to do stuff in the jungle due to low exp in the role so your macro play is far worse then a jungler that mains the role. You had 1 game in jungle followed by 60 games top or adc. >In my play time of leauge from season 3 on a friends acc and from season 4 to present day have i ever heard of streamers haveing a 80 min que time He got trolled by his fans. Dodging games and don't accepting. As well as he few times went away from his desk and in time he wasn't there he found a mach. >More balanced teams ? . Lets say that my team has 2 auto filles and they have 1 ? is that balanced ? . Lol is using very stanadrd ranking system. Longer you wait the more system is allowed to make more unbalanced teams. Having people play at same lvl is more balanced. >After checking your op.gg accounts " if this is your main accounts but sins its lvl 200+ im going for it " you seem to >not 1 Have alot of ranked exp sins most things i see you play is ap naut jungle in normal games prly having fun with >your friends ( nothing wrong with that ). 2 You started playing in season 6 did you personaly play in season 3 4 or 5 >for example. Well yes I don't play rank anymore since my first acc got permanent suspension. I just get too easy tilted in ranked game modes and said a little too much. Season 4 my acc got permanent suspension. >If it is Drastic like we have golds they have dimonds that might be a problem but for example we have gold 4 they have gold 2 or 1 Rank have nothing to do with how you play. And is not considered by matchmaking. Mach making want bot team mmr to be equal. As long you wait that window is bigger. >and if everyone is playing there main roles the games become more enjoyable cus everyone is playing what they wanted / prefer to play. But then the teams won't be as balanced leading to one sided mach. >An extrem example of Auto fill is imagain if you are at a water park and you want to go on a water slide . the que for the slide is 10 minutes. After waiting for 3-4 minutes a employe comes to you and says " you have been waiting for 4 minutes and we know you want to go on this water slide and its the only reason you came to the park but we are throwing you in the kid pool or lazy river cus you got " auto filled " you might not hate the lazy river or the kiddy pool ( >any auto fill role support adc etc ) but its not what you wanted / came to do . An extream example of long que would be you waiting to play football as a Centre-forward and finnaly after 15 min you get your team. You look at them you see 7/8 year old people that propably never saw a football field in their life. And now you look at enemy team full of professional players. You got your role but game is over befor it even started.
> You had 1 game in jungle followed by 60 games top or adc. Are you actualy checking recent games when there was just a patch . OFC i have like no jungle games . check charcters played this season . my top 5 played champs has rengar in it a bit lower we got heca nunu reksai etc > He got trolled by his fans. Dodging games and don't accepting. As well as he few times went away from his desk and in time he wasn't there he found a mach. ^ this statment does nothing sins its filled with the factor of a streamer beaing grifed and troller on stream. that is like taking the standerd of people runnning it down on a stream and say it happends for every player on every server . cus it " happends" to every streamer " every " game > Longer you wait the more system is allowed to make more unbalanced teams. ^ this sounds complet bullshit . why would searcing for players longer to find a better match for a game be more unbalanced then picking the first 10 random players ? > But then the teams won't be as balanced leading to one sided mach. If both teams have 5 people who are of the same MMR / winrate all playing there main lane . how is this unfair. OBVS if only 1 team got players who main every role . aka 1 adc main 1 mid main etc. and the outer team has 3 auto fills and 2 top mains it would be unfair . But if all top people get to play the lane they main and the Team MMR / Win rate % avrage is similar then how is it unfair ?
Tarolock (EUNE)
: the funny thing about it that before autofill was here you got the same concept.. the first one to load into the champion select (better pc, better internet etc) could pick whatever role he wanted and the rest had to pick from the rest... noone cried about that as much as they do about autofill... if you want to climb you have to be skilled, and if you play only 1 role you are not getting any other skill but that one lane only... for example if you play mid only and try to roam you are entirely dependant on vision, since you dont know where others are, but if you play jungle and mid you have clues as to where the enemy jungler might be, based on your experiences of jungling, camp respawns, priorities etc, at that point vision is almost skippable and you could move more bravely even into unwarded parts of the map, and thats a big difference
im going to have to disagree on both of the points you just made but with some info ofcourse. 1. Thing was you hade the people who said the classic line " Mid or feed " . but Call order < Pick order . i was first pick and i wanted to play a role i would play that role (( it was a flawed system that is why riot changed it ) So people who are actualy trying to rank up knows that if you have a person who mains ... Adc for example and only plays that role and you checked with op.gg that they have goods win rates and play only adc. Then it will be more benaficial to give them the role if you think that you can either do better then them in the open roles or if you think they are just a better ADC then you . Why take this guys role just cus he was an ass and said mid ( adc or feed ) or feed ? noo i want to win give it to him it will be the best % to win the game in this hypotetical situation 2. if you want to climb as most high lvl players will tell you focusing on 1 role and just a few champs will lessen the time you need to work on learning the roles and champs you play and spend more time learning the game ( macro) . What i mean by this is for example . if i play 100 games and i roam at diffrent times i can get a vauge ide of how the junglers move based on if i run in to them or not. If i keep walking on wards and never getting anything then i change my pathing etc. obvs playing jungle for example will give you better fundamentals to play around the jungle but its not like if you have never played jungle you have no ide how jungler plays . Because jungle intreacts with your lane anyway specialy roaming mid laners who can run in to the jungler early . But i do see where you are comming from :)
: > [{quoted}](name=Gam3rFox500,realm=EUW,application-id=yTagKVTg,discussion-id=E2ki6LMa,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-01T07:42:27.427+0000) > > First of all holy shit that was hard to read ( im going to guess that english is not your first language and no not just spelling but grammer and word choice ) ( no problem with that sorry if that sounded rude ) so due to that fact there might be some missunderstandings in what i am trying to say. > > What i am trying to say is a game is not auto lossed when you get someone who is auto filled . i have won many games where either i get autofilled and win due to my macro or someone else on my teams gets auto filled and carries the game cus they hade a good game or the enemy goes afk or whatever. > > What i am saying is the concept of a auto fill system is not somthing that is healty for the game due to previous things i have said in the vidoe and the comments on outer posts in this thread. Why are you put in to a possistion that you are unfamiler with when you are expected to preform and improv in both Lp and skill lvl. > > Its not like you go to work as a programer one day and your boss tells you " you have to auto fill at burger king for a bit have fun flipping burger and don't %%%% up or we will fire you " > > Judgeing from the tone and structure of your wording i am going to guess that this post either made you really made or you just wanted to meme or think that i am some troll flamer hard stuck silver player that hate my team. > > so i will say it again . I LEGIT DON'T CARE IF YOU EITHER CARRY THE GAME 1V9 OR DIE IN LANE 3 TIMES TO FULL AP YASUO . AS LONG AS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO AS THE LANE YOU CHOSE THAT IS ALL I NEED. > > If we have 4 top lane only mains who have never played any outher lane cus all of use got "auto filled " insted of putting all 4 of us in diffrent games who needed a top laner with just a 2 or 3 min extra que time > > As a jungler : can you smite and know when and where to do stuff . counter jungeling counter ganking clearing wards farming applying pressure ? > As a Mid : do you know how and when to trade. how and when to roam . etc Tsk, look who said i can't write. Either you wrote this while on crack, or you don't know what you are talking about on multiple levels (do you know what punctation is? Ever heard of that?). Nevertheless, my point still stand: a player who plays only one role and refuse to play anything else to the point of trolling or flaming in CS or everywhere else, it's not a good player and should not be trusted that he will play properly at all, even if given his role of choice. Wherein autofill encourages players to adapt and swap if asked. However i don't even need to know this to want autofill to stay; simply put, i'm not going to be willing to wait more minutes on the assumption that my team will play better if everyone is not autofilled. If my doom is to be matched with a feeder, then i know far too well that he will very likely feed in every position, so i would rather wait 5 minutes and be done with the game fast, than wait more than double that time and lose anyway.
And my points still stands that its not about how well they do in lane or if they are a bad person as long as they get the role that they are "most likely " to do well or win in, hence the term of " coin flip botlane " When a jungler main and a top lane main gets auto filled as bot and supp vs a supp main and a adc main. The game is almost lost in que, you can still help them get ahed and try to carry the extra bagage that came from them getting " wrong roles " but there lack of macro and exp in the role will still make the game 10 times harder then it needs to be Just because "we don't want to wait and extra few minutes to get a game" people sadly want quantity over quality. i would rather have 10 good games then 15 or 20 mediocre games where everyone tilts at our 0/9 top lane Nasus. That does not get the ide of trading because he is a support main and has 30 farm at 20 min. If you do badly on a role that you are familier with that you know what to do to get back in the game, how to play around the state of the game, what to build etc. i clearly see that neither of us are going to change our opinion on the subject so lets just agree to disagree
: So you think that in every ranked game everyone is a pro and have an hell of a close and competitive game at the max of his skill SAVE for the poor wretch that gest autofilled. The guy is doomed from minute one to lose his team the game because there's no chance that he may be good at whatever role he was autofilled into. News for you: you think wrong. Players can lose their team a game (at least according to the viewpoint of the standard flamer, that NEVER loses for his own fault, of course) for more than 1000 reasons, including being feeders, trolls, flamers, thinking all they need is pick the supposed broken freelo of the week and then they fail badly anyway, and so on. And more importanty: more than of one player can ends up like this (infact, they very often did). The idea that you can pinpoint the responsability on an entire game on autofill is delusional and, as usual, offensive toward the other players (but of course, at least for flamers, that's the last thing to worry about) who either are able to play every role and can therefore be autofilled without a fuss, or sometimes are even willing to swap roles if someone asks politely. Since you are against autofill, for you swapping is supposed to be always a liability, because how can a player be WILLING to swap and not play his main position? Another news for you: it's not always a liability (and most often then not you won't even know if anyone is playing his main role or not in the first place: not every player is a salty whiner and most often then not, even the worse flamer won't care about bashing his team if they ultimate win the game. So you have probably won many games when was someone autofilled and you never knew about that).
What i am trying to say is a game is not auto lossed when you get someone who is auto filled . i have won many games where either i get autofilled and win due to my macro or someone else on my teams gets auto filled and carries the game cus they hade a good game or the enemy goes afk or whatever. What i am saying is the concept of a auto fill system is not somthing that is healty for the game due to previous things i have said in the vidoe and the comments on outer posts in this thread. Why are you put in to a possistion that you are unfamiler with when you are expected to preform and improv in both Lp and skill lvl. Its not like you go to work as a programer one day and your boss tells you " you have to auto fill at burger king for a bit have fun flipping burger and don't %%%% up or we will fire you " Judgeing from the tone and structure of your wording i am going to guess that this post either made you really made or you just wanted to meme or think that i am some troll flamer hard stuck silver player that hate my team. so i will say it again . I LEGIT DON'T CARE IF YOU EITHER CARRY THE GAME 1V9 OR DIE IN LANE 3 TIMES TO FULL AP YASUO . AS LONG AS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO AS THE LANE YOU CHOSE THAT IS ALL I NEED. If we have 4 top lane only mains who have never played any outher lane cus all of use got "auto filled " insted of putting all 4 of us in diffrent games who needed a top laner with just a 2 or 3 min extra que time As a jungler : can you smite and know when and where to do stuff . counter jungeling counter ganking clearing wards farming applying pressure ? As a Mid : do you know how and when to trade. how and when to roam . etc
: >My argument is that i woulde rather have a extra 5/10 min in my que You may accept that. But majority of community don't want. >Or a jungler that does not get the ide of "counter jungeling " aka stealing jungle mobs. IN PLATINUM + I would love if you would try jungle role and find out that in some situation "counter jungeling" is not the best idea. As your laner don't have priority or your champion is weaker then enemy. >At the higest of elo aka grandmaster + you still have a a 20 / 30 min que WITH auto fill cus of the low player rate . so it does not really fix the problem at the higest of elo 20/30 min are still better than 80 min que times. >and at the lower elos silver / gold it just ruins the whole ide of having a construced team that are all playing the roles they wanted and feel comfortable on . ( don't have to be good ) just know how to play the role . Sacrificing preferred role over more balanced teams. The fact that you have somebody auto filled in your game says that there were no player that could play that role. Let's say there's no auto fill. Now you have to wait up to 30 min for game just to find out that enemy have way better team cause mach making needed to make mmr window bigger so he can create you a game. Now start real coin flip. But now you dodging a game will make you loose up to 60min of waiting.
> I would love if you would try jungle role and find out that in some situation "counter jungeling" is not the best idea. As your laner don't have priority or your champion is weaker then enemy. If you used op.gg to check my profile like i did you you would see im a top lane / jungle main so i am Well vesed in the game play of jungle. My points is as a auto filled jungler you most likely don't know when its a good ide to do stuff in the jungle due to low exp in the role so your macro play is far worse then a jungler that mains the role. > 20/30 min are still better than 80 min que times. In my play time of leauge from season 3 on a friends acc and from season 4 to present day have i ever heard of streamers haveing a 80 min que time in past season unless they like .... Challenger playing at a super wired time. some exampels might help :). > Sacrificing preferred role over more balanced teams. The fact that you have somebody auto filled in your game says that there were no player that could play that role. More balanced teams ? . Lets say that my team has 2 auto filles and they have 1 ? is that balanced ? . > Let's say there's no auto fill. Now you have to wait up to 30 min for game just to find out that enemy have way better team cause mach making needed to make mmr window bigger so he can create you a game. Now start real coin flip. But now you dodging a game will make you loose up to 60min of waiting. After checking your op.gg accounts " if this is your main accounts but sins its lvl 200+ im going for it " you seem to not 1 Have alot of ranked exp sins most things i see you play is ap naut jungle in normal games prly having fun with your friends ( nothing wrong with that ). 2 You started playing in season 6 did you personaly play in season 3 4 or 5 for example. when i was playing in gold 5 in season 5 6 and 7 at many diffret times from early morning to late at night ( 1 am 2 am for example ) i never ran in to a que that was longer then if i remeber 18 or 20 min . And it is ofc true that the higer elo you are the less players there are and the longer que time you have. But having a " worse team " then the opponent cus the mmr window was bigger is a wired argument . If it is Drastic like we have golds they have dimonds that might be a problem but for example we have gold 4 they have gold 2 or 1 that is not that big of a diffrence and if everyone is playing there main roles the games become more enjoyable cus everyone is playing what they wanted / prefer to play. An example is i was playing in a flex game where they hade a grand master mid laner who got auto filled support with a silver adc and a gold mid . we won that game even tho the support played better then my support. Cus we hade a master tier top lane darius who is a top lane main and almost singel handedly won the game. Woulde the game have been more fair if the master tier mid was playing mid ? . probably or almost 100% so . An extrem example of Auto fill is imagain if you are at a water park and you want to go on a water slide . the que for the slide is 10 minutes. After waiting for 3-4 minutes a employe comes to you and says " you have been waiting for 4 minutes and we know you want to go on this water slide and its the only reason you came to the park but we are throwing you in the kid pool or lazy river cus you got " auto filled " you might not hate the lazy river or the kiddy pool ( any auto fill role support adc etc ) but its not what you wanted / came to do . IF the only thing i want is to que for ranked and play jungle/top why am i pushed in to outher lanes when outer people want to play those roles . im not happy cus im auto filled with somthing i don't want to play . my team is not happy cus i suck at my role . and the person who was going to play in this role to make everyone happy was not available until 3 or 4 minutes later. so why not make everyone in this situation happy by just wating that extra 3 or 4 minutes and get a Good game insted of a game that makes people salty
: Well then it seams you didn't enjoy lol befor auto fill. It was common to wait 20+ min for a mach if you wanted to paly popular role. Especially in high elo. That's the reaon it's in game. People disliked waiting long for game. And well coin flip just shows that you are at rank you deserve. Showing that you can no longer smash enemy team and you need to have "better" team. That you gona get around 50% of games.
Did you watch the video. first of i loved leauge in season 3 throgh 5/6. the only annyoing / bad people you hade in champ select was the " mid or feed " guys. but 90% of the time they just talked smack or they doged if they did not get there role . Second of all i have a above 50% win rate and have been on the steady climds with more wins the losses in solo q in the past weeks . And 20+ min in que for a popular role woulde around dimond +. that is like 4 or 5% of the leauge community . there are plenty of things to do while waiting for a game. Youtube , anime , play pick up and drop games that can be paused . etc . My argument is that i woulde rather have a extra 5/10 min in my que then get a game that is not enjoyable cus i have a top lane main as my support that goes electrecute yuumi with 3 wards placed in 30 min . Or a jungler that does not get the ide of "counter jungeling " aka stealing jungle mobs. IN PLATINUM + At the higest of elo aka grandmaster + you still have a a 20 / 30 min que WITH auto fill cus of the low player rate . so it does not really fix the problem at the higest of elo and at the lower elos silver / gold it just ruins the whole ide of having a construced team that are all playing the roles they wanted and feel comfortable on . ( don't have to be good ) just know how to play the role . Most people learn 1 or 2 roles and a few champs to minimse the learning time on champs and roles to better learn the game that is the way people climb . so getting pushed in to a role that you have almost no exp in and IN RANKED of all places where you are " expected " to bring your A Game. That kinda tilts allot of people. Thanks for the respons tho and i woulde love to hear further ides / arguments for why its good vs why its bad
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments

Gam3rFox500

Level 140 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion