: Quitting EUW after 8 seasons.
I myself never been banned in this game nor have I played the game in half a year. So I believe it's time you quit the game, for a year at least, then you will probably realize that Lol problem is not toxicity, all games are toxic and that is a good thing. However Riot constantly banning people and all that overzealous enforcing of rules have actually created the worst kind of community ever recorded in a game. But hey what do i know i'm just playing online games since before some people here learned how to walk.
: Riot, do you realize
You know, I find it strange that people play moba games for rewards. I remember, 10 years ago when i played like 20 games of dota1 a day without any reward whatsoever other than playing the game. Riot probably needs to make champions easier to get or free, then all the crap you need will be cosmetic and people will stop whining.
: As a new player, I consider this game a grind fest for champions.
Here's how you know what you like, you just do. Even 12 years ago when i first played a moba dota, I just kind of knew what champions i'm gonna like or hate, even tho all champions were free, i barely touched 20 of them.
: As a new player, I consider this game a grind fest for champions.
It's pretty ridiculous, but on the other hand most people only like 2-3 champions at best, figure out what champions you like and master them, it takes a long time anyway.
HdtvSK (EUW)
: Why do you need more than 60 fps on hz display and why Riot need to invest.
Dude Direct x is an application programming interface, that's how you code games to communicate with the hardware and how they use cores, what windows does after that is not relevant. You need to understand that spiting up workloads in a more complex way is not possible with DX9 and therefore your cpu rendering speed is limited very specifically by one single core IPC and speed, also it does not matter if that core is 20% or full, the only way to alleviate this is a faster CPU or using DX11 to better code the game. This is the last time i'm trying to explain this, and i have a bad feeling that you are gonna say something to contradict what i've said, even thou it makes perfect sense and is the truth.
Cypherous (EUW)
: > You seem to hold on to that DX9 thing, never did i say anything about dx9 running on whatever core Oh really? >Right now they probably have DX9 set up to have one core take care of sound and AI and the other one everything else, keep in mind this is a DX9 limitation as you can't do more no matter what Did you or did you not say that? > I did say however DX9 is limited on how you can code the game to properly spread workloads across more than 2 cores. That limitation ONLY applies to the DX thread handling calls between the CPU and GPU, LoL doesn't need to run on the same core as DX does and you'll find its extremely likely that they don't share resources unless you are on a dual core system, i already demonstrated that the LoL client can handle multiple cores > You know how I know FX has problems running Lol? It's simple i've tested it, any coffe lake cpu will manage to push out at least 50% more fps than the FX lineup in LoL, but for some reason you don't want to believe such things, and you keep justifying with the fact that you don't need so much fps. And which FX CPU did you test this with exactly? Because my FX-8320 manages in excess of 100 FPS without any issues at only ~21% CPU use for the game, and seeing as nothing else is maxing out any of the 8 cores i have its safe to say that the DX thread also isn't saturating a core at all, the only time you're going to run in to saturation issues is on machines with a very low core count (aka 3 or less on a machine with normal background tasks) or extremely low clock speeds, and my point with FPS was do you have any actual evidence to prove that switching to DX10/11/12 is actually worth it, do you have any comparison tests that display input lag would go down by a considerable enough margin for this rather massive workload to even be considered I mean you can sit there and tout FPS numbers all you like but i've not seen you actually back this up with regards to LoL, maybe measure the input lag and test to see if changing the framerate actually makes a difference to that input lag
You misinterpreted that, all that stuff is related to the game itself not, i meant DX and game coding make that stuff go to whatever core.
Cypherous (EUW)
: > Is this actually happening? I swear, people man, damn people, they are so patronizing, and the really annoying part they actually believe they know what they are talking about. You mean like you? :P > You don't seem to grasp the concept of CPU saturation I do, but you seem to fail to grasp the concept of things running in different thread son different cores, you seem convinced that the DX thread is running on the same core as all the other parts of the game, and that somehow your FPS is being bottlenecked by this, threads will run on whichever core is available, they don't have to use the same core unless you manually force them yourself as an end user, LoL already makes use of multiple CPU cores already, case in point the game process is using about 21% overall CPU on my PC, which is an 8 core system, so for reference what is 8 divided by 5? this means that the game itself is using about 1.6 cores worth of performance on my system, which would be impossible if everything was limited to 1 thread on one core, and yes performance does tank if you force all of it to run on a single CPU core because at that point you are bottlenecking it, unless you're messing with CPU affinity your OS can manage this just fine so even IF DX9 is single threaded it isn't reliant on running on the same core or thread as the game, the only people this would affect is people with less than 3 cores and even then updating to a version of DX with support for more threads isn't going to solve that issue at all as the whole CPU is being saturated at that point, its pretty basic logic > Now about DX, when did i even say the stuff you seem to have severely misunderstood?I've said the game codding and how it behaves and utilizes cpu cores is done tru dx9 not whatever you understood. You say your FX cpu is not struggling with LOL? Is that a joke? Even a 6ghz 8700k struggles with LoL. Oh where to begin on this trainwreck, so, DirectX is a set of API calls for accessing hardware, its there for your CPU to communicate with your GPU, DirectX isn't rendering the graphics the GPU is, yes it still needs to run in the background but it doesn't need to run on the same thread or even the same physical core as the rest of the game, literally proven that above as the game has multithreaded support, as for my CPU, yup my ancient FX-8320 runs LoL without any performance issues, and i'm only clocked at 3.5ghz so yeah if you're struggling its got nothing to do with how DX9 is being handled and your CPU already has the higher IPC which makes it even more hilarious :P > And now about FPS and you WHY? Did i not just explain in like the post why it matters? You may not even notice that input lag, hell you may not even notice how things literally looks like they skip pixels when moving on a monitor at 60 fps You tried to justify input lag as a major issue, without vsync enabled the input lag is already minimal, by all means go out and measure the input lag and get back to me with some actual evidence instead of repeating stuff you read online that you very clearly don't understand > But why am i surprised at what people say these days, hell 10% of the knows and documented world population believes the earth is flat, and console people tell other people that 30 fps is better than 60 fps because it feels more "cinematic". Most flat earthers are just attention seekers and they know its the "hot thing" to bash on, much like people who claim high FPS counts matter on panels that literally cannot render at the speed you're asking them to which introduces screen tearing and ruins the experience entirely, as for the 30 vs 60 discussion, depends on the game, fast paced games suffer from only running at 30 FPS, but in slower paced games you're really not going to notice the difference between 30 and 60+ and given the limited scope of movement on controllers it doesn't really make much difference if its 30 or 60, as for it being more "cinematic" well thats just personal taste i guess, i mean do you complain that TV shows aren't broadcast at 120fps? > And if all that just looks like it can't convince you why you need way more than 60 fps, here's a very shocking FACT, people actually have 240HZ monitors and most of them actually notice the difference Cool, but why is this important at all in terms of your actual argument that DX9 is bottlenecking actual people? FACT most people don't own 240hz panels so explain to me again why this massive rewrite of the rendering engine needs to be done when the vast majority of players will gain no benefit at all and even people with 240hz panels won't even really notice a difference in terms of gameplay? > and here's another shocking FACT, League OF Legends will not under any circumstances will be staying anywhere near 200 fps in a teamfight, and not even if i go to the future and use a CPU from 2025 League will still not hit 200 fps in a teamfight. And? you've still yet to prove there are any actual gains at running at that FPS outside of letting you stroke your e-peen, have you done any input lag benchmarks on league to actually even test if this "theory" holds any kind of water? if you have done some actual scientific testing i would love to see the difference, because unless its a massive difference its not worth doing, i mean pro players are playing the game without any issues at all and they are using the same hardware and software we have available :P
You seem to hold on to that DX9 thing, never did i say anything about dx9 running on whatever core or taking up any significant power, but yet you still hold on to that, I did say however DX9 is limited on how you can code the game to properly spread workloads across more than 2 cores. You know how I know FX has problems running Lol? It's simple i've tested it, any coffe lake cpu will manage to push out at least 50% more fps than the FX lineup in LoL, but for some reason you don't want to believe such things, and you keep justifying with the fact that you don't need so much fps.
Cypherous (EUW)
: > essentially LoL as it is now will fully over saturate one thread even on 5ghz coffelake ipc Protip, DirectX isn't part of LoL and will run in its own thread and won't affect performance in the least, if your PC is experiencing these kinds of load issues then you need to fix your system, my piledriver based FX-8320 has never and does not struggle with running league at all, the only times you're going to experience load related issues is on dual core systems, the game barely uses any resources League also isn't graphics intensive so upping the number of threads won't really help as i see people running the game in excess of 200 FPS, meaning there is no DX9 bottleneck at all, so you still need to actually justify WHY this needs to be done > so essentially supporting at least DX11 can effectively double your FPS from say 120 in lane to over 200. Great, but why? people always whine about FPS counts, you're not really going to gain anything by hitting 200 FPS in lane over 120, all you're doing is stressing your GPU for no good reason as aslong as you're not using vsync you have minimal input lag already, you're going to need to actually prove that it is in any way shape or form worth doing this upgrade because the work involved is absolutely silly, LoL doens't need it, never has
Is this actually happening? I swear, people man, damn people, they are so patronizing, and the really annoying part they actually believe they know what they are talking about. You don't seem to grasp the concept of CPU saturation, this may seem like black magics to you, but a CPU can have literally have 10% utilization but be fully saturated rendering one badly optimized task. Now about DX, when did i even say the stuff you seem to have severely misunderstood?I've said the game codding and how it behaves and utilizes cpu cores is done tru dx9 not whatever you understood. You say your FX cpu is not struggling with LOL? Is that a joke? Even a 6ghz 8700k struggles with LoL. Here's how things work, your CPU may not be fully utilized, but as long your Gpu is not staying in 100% load all the damn time your CPU is struggling extremely hard. (Pro tip, CPUS are not people we don't measure struggle like we do on humans) And now about FPS and you WHY? Did i not just explain in like the post why it matters? You may not even notice that input lag, hell you may not even notice how things literally looks like they skip pixels when moving on a monitor at 60 fps, but that does not mean other people won't notice. But why am i surprised at what people say these days, hell 10% of the knows and documented world population believes the earth is flat, and console people tell other people that 30 fps is better than 60 fps because it feels more "cinematic". And if all that just looks like it can't convince you why you need way more than 60 fps, here's a very shocking FACT, people actually have 240HZ monitors and most of them actually notice the difference, and here's another shocking FACT, League OF Legends will not under any circumstances will be staying anywhere near 200 fps in a teamfight, and not even if i go to the future and use a CPU from 2025 League will still not hit 200 fps in a teamfight.
Cypherous (EUW)
: > what happens at this point is that your gpu will actually render a frame in around 5 milliseconds and will replace the old frame before that frame even finished displaying And introduces screen tearing :P > What i'm getting at with all this is that Riot basically doesn't even care enough to add multiple directX support Mainly because there are no real benefits to them using DX10/11/12, league doesn't push modern GPU's so the added features and optimizations made in those updated versions of DirectX aren't going to be used, its not worth the development headache just so you can change a menu option that literally does nothing :P > sure doing all this is basically lots of work for a small reward, but considering how small the game is and how big the budget is, this is actually a shameless attitude. Its not a small reward, its literally zero reward, you want them to rewrite the entire graphical engine so you can have a menu option that does literally nothing, the increases in performance from the DX revisions require people to actually be taking advantage of them or need them, for example, battlefield games used to have major issues with smoke particles under DX9, yet running it under a higher DX revision increased performance when it came to rendering those complex smoke particles, league doesn't have any systems or particles that would really benefit from them using DX10+ in the first place, its like people who whine about there not being an x64 version of x game when all that really does is allow the game to use more memory and even then they don't go over the x86 4GB limit in the first place in a vast majority of cases
You are missing the point it's never about the GPU, it's all about CPU. And the problem is actually directX, because directX9 can barely utilize one CPU thread, essentially LoL as it is now will fully over saturate one thread even on 5ghz coffelake ipc. Right now they probably have DX9 set up to have one core take care of sound and AI and the other one everything else, keep in mind this is a DX9 limitation as you can't do more no matter what, so essentially supporting at least DX11 can effectively double your FPS from say 120 in lane to over 200.
Rioter Comments
: Your CPU isn't really the biggest factor in determining FPS tho. Your GPU is. You can have an intel i9XE CPU but if you're running on an nividia GT 240 your performance will be garbage.
Considering this game can't even saturate, really old gpus like gtx 780 or 960, 970, or r9 280 at 1080p, i seriously doubt that is even a factor worth considering, if you have nothing useful to say do say it.
Rioter Comments
Rismosch (EUW)
: How to deal with Yasuo
Remove conqueror and yasuo is trash again.
: RIOT, once again, fix your matchmaking in Normals
You severely overestimate plat division, and even low diamond for that matter, they are not good at micro automatically. You probably just faced a Zed main, so i suggest you stop playing 100 different champions, or accept the fact you can't play a champion 10 times and expect to be any good at that champion. Given your division you probably need about 150 games on a champion to be mediocre at that champion, so go play stop complaining.
: How i feel about maining ADC right now and some ideas how to improve soloQ for future
WTF am I reading, ADC people, jesus, what do you people want? Bot lane is literally the only lane in the game right now, ADC has never been more OP, even tho it's due to the support's being to strong. Are you seriously asking for more? Get ready for bad news, in the coming moths bot lane will be nerfed in to the ground.
Srbonator (EUNE)
: RITO PLS NERF FIZZ
{{item:3157}} or health stacking from offensive items, or don't get hit by ult, all you need is to survive the all in, then hes useless. He may feel unbalanced in low elo because no one has even the slightest clue how to play the game, how to itemize, etc.. And don't get your hopes up, low elo is the biggest elo, you will probably never get out of low elo considering it stretches from bronze to probably diamond 4 or 3.
: Delete Yasuo and Riven (Petition)
If there's one champion to be deleted it should be Gnar, not the 2 highest skill cap champions in the game, this just proves you have no idea how the game works. Any good player knows that the true cancer of toplane is Gnar, the champion that made LCS a bad joke, tank fiesta toplane, dropping views like flies. You may laugh, but i truly believe Gnar had a serious negative impact on this game, at least in the toplane.
Alfasekuklo (EUNE)
: Riot please prevent katarina
Nope, new Kat is more fun and more people like her, it was actually a more definitive full rework, so no, this will never happen. What you are asking is kind of like reverting Sion, which is literally impossible, unrealistic and will cost riot lots of money, losing 90% of new Kat players to satisfy the 10% that prefer the old. You also have to know that LB mini rework was a failure and LB was not played at all.
: Which adc are the easier of these to learn?
If you are new to the role you should start with Tristana, her strong disengage will help you more than anything else the others offer.
xXPsychoXx2 (EUNE)
: plz help
Not enough details, post your monitor brand and model, native resolution, your GPU, what windows do you use, and also reinstall your Gpu driver before all that.
: Giving up lane at first death.
It's real hard to get sympathy when you play crap like poppy, she and some other tanks are the most annoying thing for any real toplaner who prefers to play bruisers.
Stormraider (EUNE)
: solo queue classics in silver
Ok here is how you climb, admit that you are bad, no insult and i'm dead serious. So here's what you do, learn when to trade and when not to, get better at cs, learn when you should back and not, learn wave management, learn when to rotate, and most important do not waste farm, do not miss waves, if there was a CS count for towers in Silver, Gold, probably even in some plat games, the towers would have more cs than the players, which is dumb. Also play 2 champions max, and google each of the thing listed above on google, I can't write all of that crap, there's tons of videos on each aspect.
Rioter Comments
: FPS DROPS AFTER 8.7 PATCH
I have the same problem, seems everyone has it.
radetari (EUNE)
: Demoted to g4 from gold 2 again
Uhm, gold 2 is not high mmr, if you can't get out of gold then you belong in gold, getting out of gold is very easy.
Rioter Comments
Fajerk (EUW)
: Twitch isn't the whole world tho.
It kind of is since these streamers have a huge influence, it's actually ridiculous how important they are for the health of the game.
Rioter Comments
RallerenP (EUW)
: It's hard because you haven't even tried to explain the bigger picture. Please explain it so my silver mind can comprehend it. I don't get mad at constructive critisism, no one I knows does. Infact I don't think the majority of people do. And the minority that can't take it are laughed at by the rest of us.
You have already gotten defensive, big surprise there. It's amazing how your ego has created a wall between you and the rest of the people in your elo, and all that just to make you feel better or more superior than the rest.
: > I can say with some certitude that League of legends and humanity itself is broken This is what we talking about There are more than just two extremes, Just because it isn't perfect and everything isn't pink and righteous doesn't mean it's broken, the world is good the way it is with a balance of good and evil You're obviously intent on being condescending to hide your apparent stupidity so I'll just take my leave now
i find all this very amusing, but here we go again. There's no balance, no good and no evil. Good and evil are just fictional concepts used to describe what society finds acceptable or unacceptable at a certain point in it's existence.
RallerenP (EUW)
: > P.S. down voting this posting will not suddenly make you a godlike player. No but it will prevent others from seeing a 100% useless post.
I know it's hard for you to understand the big picture, but i won't hold it against you. Even tho me replying to you now it's kind of redundant, it had to be said.
: There's nothing broken about it, you just don't know how it works so you assume it's broken cause you can't get it to work
What are we talking about? As i have already stated, although not clear enough apparently, i do not have a problem with it nor does it affect me, it was more of a statement sort of thing. Or do you actually believe everything is right in the world? If so, may I say Unicorns are such wonderful creatures.
: Most people don't react defensively if you're actually constructive Chances are if people get annoyed when you're giving them "constructive criticism", then maybe your criticism isn't as constructive as you think it is Judging by the way you act right now it's pretty obvious that you're not the kind to give constructive criticism but more of the kind to just bash your team for any mistake they make telling them how bad they are, and that's not constructive and serves no positive purpose whatsoever
Nope, I say nothing since I already know it's wasted effort, and by the way this posting went down, I can say with some certitude that League of legends and humanity itself is broken with a slight chance of snow.
Rioter Comments
Tikchora (EUNE)
: Brand's damage
Brand at his intended mid role sucks ass, immobile, very gankable, very weak to all in, however he is completely broken as a lo elo support, and he should be nerfed/changed, his base dmg should be gutted and his scaling increased, to this day i can't comprehend riots balancing team decisions, this will both make him viable mid and kill his dumb support role.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=50CentKidIsBack,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=mbAFomAr,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-03-22T11:40:33.916+0000) > > LOL, pls l2p, ty. Ok, I didn't want to resort to this, but you are gold 3, which mean you are very low elo, which means you have no idea how things work, if you did you would not be gold 3. Not trying to be offensive here, you could be gold 3 and know some things if you watch high elo all the time, but then again you would not say such silly things.
: Well, why are ADCs not used in any other role? Oh yea - because they can't do shit on their own because they get stomped by everything else in the game - hence why botlane is played with a support.
> [{quoted}](name=Tenchuu Khan,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=mbAFomAr,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-03-22T11:46:18.660+0000) > > Well, why are ADCs not used in any other role? > > Oh yea - because they can't do shit on their own because they get stomped by everything else in the game - hence why botlane is played with a support. The they should be directly changed.
Rioter Comments
: Solo Que Madness Please Help
Dude if the game is 0-10 it's over, I would not say plat is high elo but it kind of follows the rules of high elo, you have passive lane and your botlane is 0-2 the game is over, at this you only gonna win by snowballing your lane hard or if the enemy trolls hard. That's how the game is right now, get over it.
HdtvSK (EUW)
: Why is Cho'Gath still a thing?
How in gods name can someone say something true and it goes literally unnoticed, or worse people actually disagree, is completely beyond me, I guess people are just stupid. It's sad cause the complains that get noticed are usually about the hardest champions in the game, saying ridiculous things like OP and crap.
Rioter Comments
: So, I'm going to assume either bruiser or assassion main. Tanks outscaling bruisers is a thing that kind of should happen. Tanks build purely to do that, while bruisers go half and half on damage and survivability, so they will/should never reach the late game heights of carries and tanks. ADCs if built full crit will probably hit 1k damage pre basic if they have Shiv and RFC, but they also trade that damage for generally lower survivability or being unable to effectively deal with tanks.
> [{quoted}](name=The7thSeal,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=1tHuBEFw,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-03-10T10:36:07.818+0000) > > So, I'm going to assume either bruiser or assassion main. > Tanks outscaling bruisers is a thing that kind of should happen. Tanks build purely to do that, while bruisers go half and half on damage and survivability, so they will/should never reach the late game heights of carries and tanks. > ADCs if built full crit will probably hit 1k damage pre basic if they have Shiv and RFC, but they also trade that damage for generally lower survivability or being unable to effectively deal with tanks. Good joke 1k, sure maybe when hitting tanks. You know how I know you are wrong? Because it actually happened, this is not fiction. This happens many times if you play midlane mages and you can't build armor, and I got crits around 2k even without modifiers like Cait passive or jihn 4th shot, that would have made it even more ridiculous.
: 200% crit chance is the same as 100% crit chance, a guaranteed crit, it's still only 1 basic attack, you're not gonna crit twice at the same time nor increase the damage of that crit
> [{quoted}](name=Call me Teddy,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=1tHuBEFw,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-03-10T10:18:17.659+0000) > > 200% crit chance is the same as 100% crit chance, a guaranteed crit, it's still only 1 basic attack, you're not gonna crit twice at the same time nor increase the damage of that crit Ok please stop, you clearly can't grasp the concept, crit is not anything, crit does not exist, crit is whatever % says in the code of the game, get it?
Aezander (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=HdtvSK,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=1tHuBEFw,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-03-10T09:51:53.089+0000) > > No one wants to play Ryze, the reason he is 95% pick/ban rate is because he's a disaster than needs a complete rework or deletion. > Same goes for Fiora, that 2,5 sec Lulu polymorph, the other millions shields, the 6 items ADC doing 3k crits every 0,4 seconds, tanks outscaling all the bruisers of top lane making the game very pick restricted and not fun, towers dying in 2 hits and the list can go on forever. > Sometimes I wonder what do the people balancing this game think, do they even play the game? I doubt it. > What's next in store? 200% crit, triple crits? You know crit is supposed to be some spicy RNG not 80%-100% guaranteed stat. > Didn't even want to make this post, but that Ryze crap really pissed me off. "*Most champions deal 200% the normal damage when they critically strike, or 250% if they have Infinity Edge**"
> [{quoted}](name=Aezander,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=1tHuBEFw,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-03-10T10:00:18.219+0000) > > "*Most champions deal 200% the normal damage when they critically strike, or 250% if they have Infinity Edge**" Yea, listen mate, I know how crit works, you clearly don't, I meant 200% crit chance = 400% crit damage as an exaggeration since that's how it works in some games.
Antenora (EUW)
: Stopped reading at 6 item ADC doing 3k every 0.4 seconds. Nice over exaggeration.
> [{quoted}](name=Antenora,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=1tHuBEFw,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-03-10T09:54:19.788+0000) > > Stopped reading at 6 item ADC doing 3k every 0.4 seconds. > > Nice over exaggeration. It's not that far off, would you prefer it if I say 1,8k? Does that make you feel better?
Rioter Comments
MLGDoge68 (EUNE)
: I think it's because the game mode is for champion with lots of burst, to keep the game fast paced. I don't think Riven can one shot you.
Riven can oneshot, sadly you need a couple of weeks of practice else you're just gonna look silly.
: ORNN IS INVISIBLE TO ME IN GAME (BUG)
: Unnerving thing about MM
I would say ADC is a bad starting role, it requires good positioning, near perfect cs, orb walking, games last long in low elo and by the time you reach late game ADC is actually supposed to stay alive do dmg and carry which is probably to much for a beginner. I suggest you move to top lane pick one champion you find interesting and stick to that champ for about 1000 games, but don't just pick something that lacks any sort of mechanical difficulty, pick something that has a decent skill floor so you can have fun learning constantly.
: A place to report on account stealing?
Lol, account selling is a huge business, no you can't do nothing about it, especially considering the scammers have no risks. The FBI is trying to stop eBay scams for 20 years, guess what? Still happening, and no one went to jail.
Show more

HdtvSK

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion