Fujìn (EUNE)
: Permaban
> my chat log I have been banned for has 70% less toxicity than my last chat log. But it should have been 100%. And the warning you received with your 14 day ban was quite clear about that. It didn't say "Be slightly less toxic". It said that this is your final warning and that any further violation would lead to a permaban. It's great that you have improved, but this is not enough. You still flame quite extremely, you are not even close to the goal. You are supposed to not flame at all. And I'm afraid you are still very far away from that. So, no, Riot is definitely not going remove this ban. You are not only clearly guilty, but in addition you apparently didn't even understand what the message of this ban was. SO, just to clarify this message: Flaming is not allowed. Not at all. No matter what. Improving is not enough. Not flaming is enough.
: if you have a 4v5 and you manage to still get an S rank you shouldn't be losing as much LP as the person who afk'd idk why people can't take things at face value rather than taking things literally, its the concept that's the main point, I'm sure riot would come up with some way to measure "good gameplay"
Being good at League means winning. Skill is your ability to win games, nothing else. So it makes sense to measure only that and nothing else.
: ok rito, we gotta talk
> so yeah, something seems wrong here Why? Why is Darius winning right and Nasus winning wrong? Someone has to win. Why can't it be Nasus? Especially if you consider that Nasus has his core item and quite a lot of armor against a champion that only deals physical damage.
Tyraone (EUW)
: How the hell do you (Riot Devs) Decide when to Nerf champs or Totaly Rework them ?
A combination of data (shitloads of it) and feedback (probably equally shitty loads of it). Let's use your example, Teemo: Teemo happens to be an extremely popular champion that has remained almost unchanged and was popular in all those years. So feedback is good and apparently something about Teemo is definitely great. Champions don't remain popular for 9 years without a good reason for it. The other thing is data. > you cleary dont know that hes %%%%ing Stupidly strong Define "strong". What does that actually mean? In your case it obviously means that you played against Teemo in your last match and didn't enjoy it. That's kind of obvious, given that you played Tryndamere who is literally (and I mean the word "literally" literally) the worst possible choice against Teemo. In all those years where these 2 champions existed, Teemo always countered Tryndamere hard; he always had an extremly high winration against Tryndamere. Is that because Teemo is generally "strong"? No, it's because Tryndamere is a champion that can do exactly one thing and that is autoattacking. Oh, and not dying, unless the enemy has some kind of damage over time ability. And it just happens that Teemo has an ability against autoattacks and not just one, but two dots. So OF COURSE he is going to rip you apart. It's one of the worst matchups in the entire game. This has absolutely nothing to do with Teemo being generally strong. That is judged by data. A champion is strong, if he is able to win games. Teemo has a winratio of almost exactly 50%. That is perfectly balanced. If Teemo would actually be too strong, that would not be possible. Long story short: Riot does not judge the strength of a champion by playing against him once in the worst possible matchup. But you do. That's why your opinion and Riots opinion are very different. Don't get me wrong, Teemo can be f*ing annoying, as Tryndamere even more so. No one is going to argue against that. Being annoying is Teemos thing. However, that doesn't mean Teemo is too strong.
Alinour (EUW)
: How shall Riot be able to distinguish if you simply closed the client or if you lost connection? From a DEV's perspective, they would have to log everything you do **outside** of your client, which means that it would require some spyware that runs even whenever the League client is closed. I don't know about you, but **nobody** would ever accept that and afaik it's forbidden by law.
In addition they would need cameras in your room to check if you pulled the plug.
: Your reply maybe answer my questions, so that's why you have the Senior Emissary title, but I think you are a bit toxic that put all the fault on my side. First, LoL is a free game for all people who have a computer, no matter PC or laptop. Its requirements should allow most of them to play it, I use a PC that come out these few years so what you said about CPU RAM blablabla is not a things matter on me. Second, not all players buy the most expensive plan of wifi, and usually it is dead without sign, my wifi gives around 100 ping and still dead in rare cases, so don't tell me its my fault, say to the router. And for the way to distinguish leavers, there should still some ways to sort it out, they may click the close client buttons, or click somewhere to disconnect, if it can be track it may possible to find them out. Anyway if its impossible I hope them calculate it carefully an try not to catch the wrong person. By the way, you are toxic in making reply and I hope you understand some of the bug report include rage of being pissed in game, they may seem bad in post but give them a warm reply may cool them down and make less bad players in lol, and suit you title. :p hope you not pissed XDDD
> First, LoL is a free game for all people who have a computer... ..and a stable internet connection. > they may click the close client buttons, or click somewhere to disconnect ...or they literally pull the plug. There is absolutely no way to distinguish that from an accidental disconnect. Technically it's the exact same thing. > if it can be track it may possible to find them out It can't, it's not possible. > By the way, you are toxic in making reply and I hope you understand some of the bug report include rage of being pissed in game, they may seem bad in post but give them a warm reply may cool them down and make less bad players in lol, and suit you title. :p You essentially want to me to lie to you and tell you bullshit. Sure, I can tell you: Hey, if you're internet is instable, just keep playing. It's Riots fault for not knowing the difference. But that would not only be a lie but also terrible advice. I can only repeat myself: League requires a stable internet. That's just how it is, there is no point in denying that. And if you play, despite the fact that you know your internet is not stable and that it's quite likely that you might disconnect, you willingly and knowingly accept that you ruin the experience for other players. You might not do it INTENTIONALLY, but you accept that it happens. Either way it is actually your fault if your teammates have a bad game because you disconnect. You say I put the fault on your side...but it IS your fault. Your internet connection is not your fault. Your money for better connection is not your fault. Unpredicted internet problems are not your fault. But playing despite knowing that it's likely you'll ruin the experience for others....that is absolutely your fault and that is precisely what you are being punished for. That is the truth. And I would help you if I told you anything different. I could tell you lies to make you feel good, but how exactly does that help you? What you need, is a solution for your problem. Your problem is that you got punished for being afk. And the solution for that is not that Riot will develop some kind of system. Like I explained, it's neither possible nor intended to develop such a system. The problem is your internet connection. That is the reason why you got punished. And that will keep happening, unless you solve the problem. I'm not the technical kind of person, so I can't help you very much with this, except by pointing out that this is your problem, not Riots rules or systems. You can get technical help by asking on the forum we have here for that or by contacting the Riot Support. And, since you mentioned Wifi, I can give you at least one technical tip: Don't use WiFi. With WiFi, you will always have problems with League, no matter how good your internet is otherwise. WiFi is unstable by nature. It works perfectly for stuff like youtube or Netflix where short data loss doesn't matter, but for a real-time-game like League it absolutely matters and you will always have problems. So the first step for you should be to switch to a cable connection, if in any way possible.
ellekene (EUNE)
: Favourite song RIGHT NOW?
**Cosmo Sheldrake - Rich** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9lE_ewUOaU
: Strange thing
Two ways to look at it: a) You had a good day. Then you didn't. b) Coincidence. Both is more or less the same. Either way, it's a waste of time to get a headache over finding a reason. There isn't necessarily one.
: Can Riot distinguish the AFK and the one that disconnected accidentally pls????????
> First I want to know how much time disconnected will consider as afk?? Basically every second. You have to exceed a certain amount (or percentage) of afk time across multiple matches to get punished. So there isn't a specific time from which on you are afk. You basically collect "afk points" whenever you are afk. If you collect too much, you get punished. > My wifi just broken Then don't play a game that requires a stable connection. You might not leave intentionally, but you intentionally play League despite knowing that you will most likely disconnect. That is pretty much the same thing, because in both cases you just accept and ignore the consequences for your teammates. That's why both is punished. > it discourage people to play it That is kind of the point. If your internet doesn't allow you to play without risking your teammates fun, you SHOULD feel discouraged to play. League requires stable internet. It's a minimum requirement, exactly like requirement for RAM, CPU or GPU. It sounds harsh, but if you don't fulfill those requirements you simply can't play. Exactly like in all other games. About the question in the title: a) Due to what I explained at the beginning, the difference doesn't matter, there is no need to distinguish. b) Even if Riot would want to distinguish, they couldn't. Losing the connection is the same thing as just pulling the plug. Everyone would be able to leave intentionally and pretend it wasn't intentional.
Mammoett (EUW)
: can i get banned for this? cuz of some %%%%%%s trynna act funny
> what i did is that bannable Potentially yes. Insulting other players is not allowed. It doesn't matter why you think you have to do it, it's forbidden no matter what. Even if someone else is a waaaaaay bigger jerk than you are, that doesn't mean the rules don't apply to you anymore. They always apply. Flaming is never allowed. > can i report that %%%%%% for banning my champion? You can report whoever you want for whatever you want at any time. The question is rather if the report is going to lead to anything. Banning champions is not forbidden, so in this case this report would probably be useless.
: Unless he manages to get honor 2 before his next ban.
That is not how it works. Honor has absolutely no effect at all on punishments.
Nxether (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=CJXander,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=EdjnORV6,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-13T18:19:49.335+0000) > > Didn't got to that part. So, there are ways to cheat the report system. So lets say, if you're feeding 10 kills straight into the tower, but then you change your mind and compensate with 10 assists, or kills, the report will be basically nullified. > > That's why a lot of people get away with it, mostly because they change their mind and start playing the game. > > This could be abused a lot, since the automatic system cannot detect behaviour changes and patterns, just a safety protocol for the really bad players not to accidentaly get banned if they feed out of the lack of game knowledge(aka legitimate newbies). i've got it alerady, the question and the point of the topicis: Is 1 game that had proven inted, are enough to get banned?
Shouldn't you know? Your case makes it rather obvious that the answer is "yes". Keep in mind that getting a 14-day ban means that this is your final warning. Every further violation will now lead to a permanent suspension of your account.
: The bans are for doing bad things several times, it has to be recurrent. {{sticker:sg-soraka}} ######Well i think so...
That is not correct. Especially things like inting can indeed be punished on the first occasion if caught.
: mods don't look at context exactly like the game doesnt lol
Not ironic because you did indeed harass others. Your thread title, however, is correct: Context doesn't matter. If others break the rules, this doesn't give you a free pass to do the same. That's not how rules work. If you both break the rules, you both break the rules. It's really that simple.
AMarbaloch (EUNE)
: %%%%ing afk
> but I get afk why? Because you were afk.
Tadifas (EUW)
: overlay in-game
Technically (or rather legally) any modification to League is a violation of the terms of use. Realistically, Riot usually only acts on things that provide some kind of advantage. So ifthis overlay is in any way useful to you, it's not allowed. And even if it's not, Riot might basically catch you "by accident" while looking for bad guys. And in that case, the ban would most likely not be lifted. Because even if you are not the intended target and you only got caught because Riots systems picked up your modifications of the game while looking for bad modifications...you still violated the Terms of Use, so the ban is going to stay. So in summary: Any modification to League is always a risk. If it provides any advantage, a pretty high risk. In general, I recommend not to use any software that interacts with League.
Robb1n (EUNE)
: Game community behavior and overall experience
> I am 29 years old, possibly, one of the minority of people of my age still playing League, but I really stopped enjoying league for a quite some time now I and would really appreciate If you can better discipline toxic players or start money charge the game. so the younger players can have separate server with us (grown ups) - just a suggestion. You are making two incorrect assumptions here. The first one is that a minority of players are a bit older. That is simply not true. Even when League was a pretty new game, the community was rather old, with the game being too complicated and not "flashy" enough for younger players. Back in the days when Riot still released statistics, they said the average age is "way above 20" and that over 85% of players were adults. And when games grow older, their community usually matures with them. First of all because the players who stay become older and older and secondly because younger players are more interested in new titles instead of games that were released when they were toddlers. The most recent games to mention that "soak up" all the young players would be Fortnite and Apex. And in general, mobile games are growing incredibly fast and increasingly dominate the market for younger players. So it's basically impossible that Leagues community got younger. And it wasn't exactly very young in the first place. And the second incorrect assumption is that younger players are a problem in terms of behavior. This was actually researched scientifically with a huge data set (on League of Legends) and the result is incredibly boring: Yes, there is a significant correlation between young age and toxicity, but it's incredibly weak (R²<0,01) and the only reason why it's significant is that, which a huge amount of data, every correlation is mathematically significant. So long story short: There is a connection, but it's so incredibly weak that what you had for breakfast has a higher influence on your toxicity than your age. Age does not predict toxicity. As much as buzzwords like brain development, hormones, puberty etc sound like good arguments...they are not. So excluding younger players would change NOTHING, first of all because there are very few of them and secondly because they are not really different. And, last but not least: The only reason why League is so massively successful is because it's completely free to play. If you would charge money for it, League would die a very quick and painful death.
RayleighTT (EUNE)
: Well GDPR just reffer to details about people real life identity protection ,and nore to what a punishment is applyed or not on someone account , because this is not like you would be forced to hide like esential privacy informations such as age ,name , location etc... , no one goes for that . Also if i would put my real name on my league of legends character as summoner in-game name , you would be forced to hide that too according to GDPR law ,due to privacy data restriction ! which in terms that mean you should protect my information ... , you see where i go ?? Also if you stay to wait , and report someone after he troll ,and get instant feedback report you already can track who been , so that would mean that now you should remove it that screen poping -up ??? , i also seen several people posting board and sharing them happines about someone getting punished by them , which should be against the rules on this board to manifest such behaviour ,posting your satisfaction about someone who got punished... is ridiculous and creates that feeling of not being humans at all , is like childish and should stop too considering it's negativism against people who work on them behaviour and have issues behaving. It's like someone laught while you want to do something and your behaviour issues are inappropriate ,it shouldn't be a funny subject on board neither a sentiment of proud of sharing messages with someone who got punished ,considering that beside that message there was someone who behaved negative , the guy who reported shouldn't bully people who got banned or punished. Consider how they would feel if they visit board and see such thinghs ... it should be forbbiden to do that.
> Well GDPR just reffer to details about people real life identity protection ,and nore to what a punishment is applyed or not on someone account That is simply incorrect. Not sure what else to say here. It's not correct. You seem to try to understand GDPR by using common sense. Don't do that. It's a law, it doesn't necessarily make sense. GDPR is an extremely complicated and confusing law that is not necessarily very well thought through. If you want to understand what is allowed and what isn't, thinking what seems logical won't lead you anywhere. You will have to read up about it. > Also if i would put my real name on my league of legends character as summoner in-game name , you would be forced to hide that too according to GDPR law ,due to privacy data restriction ! which in terms that mean you should protect my information ... , you see where i go ?? Yes, I see where you go: In the wrong direction ;) If you put your own name as summoner name, that is YOU doing that. You are allowed to breach your own privacy whenever you want. Riot can not do the same with your privacy. > Also if you stay to wait , and report someone after he troll ,and get instant feedback report you already can track who been , so that would mean that now you should remove it that screen poping -up ??? You can't. Report feedback doesn't necessarily refer to the person you reported right before. It can be, but it doesn't have to be and the message doesn't say it was the guy you just reported. > i also seen several people posting board and sharing them happines about someone getting punished by them , which should be against the rules on this board And it ACTUALLY IS violating the board rules. The rule is the "naming & shaming" rule and those posts are removed by moderators as soon as they see them.
Mammoett (EUW)
: 11 downvotes on an senior emmisary comment protecting this stupid company. this means riot boards has still hope
Yeah, and do you see me creating a thread to complain about it? This is a forum, a place to exchange opinions and arguments. Disapproving with each other is a vital part of that. So...17 accounts disagree with me. Ok, noted. Life goes on.
RayleighTT (EUNE)
: why not about notifications ,not pop-ing up stuffs on the screen but at least notifications would appear in a corner ,as long as notifications system ain't even used that often... , that would make people feel like the justice is applyed every time someone disrupting games. Can you explain why there is the need for privacy around punishments ??? , i mean in real life who goes to jail dosn't get protected after what he did , why is the case to do that here?? . I mean here people identity is protected for being "bad asses" idk if i used correctly the term from american movies ;)) , but still i don't feel like the people shouldn't know which of them friends are toxic or who have honor lv 1 or 0 ... , in fact it more likely to show how honorable you are... , if you over honor 2 not even showing on your profile , which have no negative aspects in this segment , so why honor lv 2 + dosn't show on profile for others ???
> Can you explain why there is the need for privacy around punishments ??? Ask the EU. It's the GDPR, European law. The status of your account is considered private data and therefore can not be shared. That's also the reason why, if you report someone to Riots Support, they can't tell you if they did something following your report. Pretty unsatisfying, but the law is the law, no matter how little sense it makes and how inconsequent it is.
: Thanks for explaining and I still think this is insanely stupid but why would you have that punish pop-up sometimes and not all the time? why would you make a half system for that :D
Two reasons: a) In surveys players said it's too spammy b) If you would receive it every time, it would allow you to track down directly who got punished and who didn't. That doesn't only allow reverse engineering of the system but is also a privacy problem, since punishments are private data.
: ok then ill keep feeding and flaming
How about simply playing a game that actually provides what you want? It's not like there aren't literal thousands of alternatives. But if you prefer being miserable and wasting precious lifetime, that's, of course, your personal decision.
: League without jungle?
> i wanna play a 1 MAN AGAINST 1 MAN. Then League is DEFINITELY the wrong game for you. That's just not what League is. It is explicitly a team game and always will be.
: The fact about nobody holding a gun is not true, my team is holding the gun and I get flamed on a lot and also a lot of racisms but i never recieve any report of them being punished?
They are not FORCING you. Nothing is going to happen if you don't flame. Maybe they make you WANT to flame, but no one is forcing you to actually do it. You decide that 100%. No one else. > i never recieve any report of them being punished You are generally not informed about other peoples punishment. There are those occasional report feedback pop ups, but you don't get those every time someone gets punished. Not getting this pop up does NOT mean no one got punished.
: 14 day suspension
> Now the question I have is why do I instantly recieve a 14 day suspension without getting a punishment before on this account? That happens when it's not just your everyday average toxicity but extreme toxicity. Stuff like racism, homophobic slur, sexism, telling other people to kill themselves, extreme insults, threats etc. > this will also mean if I have a bad game or tilt and get a report my account will be permanently suspended. Precisely. Keep in mind that no one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to break the rules. It's 100% your decision. You can always decide not to do it. If you decide to do it...you know the consequences. Your decision, your consequences, your responsibility. > he punishment system is a little bit unfair It's not unfair. Everyone gets judged by the exact same rules and systems. Every player with the same history and violation as you would get precisely the same treatment.
: Vital message to Riot: Can I get injustice? What is going on with this Player Behaviour system???
> It seems okay to permanently ban someone a day after their 2-week suspension ends who was trying to maintain a positive mentality during 2 games and actually try to do their best in those games. As long as that person also happens to break the rules, yes, of course. > Yet nothing is actually being done about those who intentionally feed in lanes before flaming other teammates for their own mistakes. That is both incorrect. There is a system that takes care of inting and there is a system that takes care of flaming (the former being less effective because inting is harder to prove, but it does exist). Everyone is treated be the exact same rules and the exact same systems. > , it's okay for a premade of 3 to be toxic throughout an entire game and THEN also post-game chat It's not. And being a premade or not has literally no influence whatsoever on the likeliness on getting a punishment or getting someone punished, since neither the premade status itself nor the number of reports in one match has any influence whatsoever on the punishment system. > at best my chat could've had a chat restriction of 25 games or so That is not for you to decide. You were told what would happen. The 14 day ban comes with a very clear warning that any further violation will lead to a permaban. You can't say now "It should have been a restriction". No, it shouldn't. It's a perma, it works like that for everybody after a 14 day ban and you knew that. You were told. The 14 day ban is a final warning. And final means final. > This was just a step too far and I am just shocked How can you be shocked? You were told what you would happen and exactly that happened. How can you be surprised by something happening exactly as you were told it would happen? Don't get me wrong. It's questionable how useful permabans really are and even Riot is looking for alternatives. That's not my point. I fully acknowledge that permabans are harsh and that, some day, someone (and I'm pretty sure that will be RIot) might come up with a better solution. My point is that, right now, this is how it works. And this is not a secret, nor is it special treatment for you, nor is unusual. So I don't understand how you are surprised or consider this unfair. You were warned, you were explicitly told what would happen if you broke the rules again. And you decided to break the rules again. What did you expect to happen? How can you possible be surprised about this? You knew the rules, you knew the consequences, you had 100% control over the decision whether to break the rules or not. You decided to break them, so you got the consequences you were warned about. Doesn't get fairer than that.
Chrysies (EUW)
: Automate the honor system
> Suggestion is as following how it should work: There is one major flaw in those suggestions: Honor is all about social behavior, not about gameplay. Your suggestions judge gameplay, except for the first one. And even your first suggestion does not really work, because how exactly do you define this behavior? How is an automated system supposed to know? People would quickly learn what the system defines as good or bad and just fake it or circumvent the system. Without any human judgment at all, this is extremely easy. That's also the reason why, in the current report system, a report still needs to be filed, despite the fact that the automated system is able to recognize toxic behavior pretty well. You need at least one human judgment, one player who says "I'm not ok with this". Your system is missing that. And there is another problem with your idea. Honor does not actually do much. Contrary to the common misconception, getting honored is not required to level up in the honor system. Sure, it speeds it up a little, but not by a relevant amount. The main "thing" you get when you get honored is that warm fuzzy feeling of happiness because someone else thought you were the coolest dude of the team. That is the actual and only meaningful reward for getting honored and the whole reason why it works. In your system, that factor is taken away, because a machine is telling you "good job". That is not at all the same. You can not get social recognition from a machine. So basically your system would be an abusable system that grants you robot-compliments that have no meanings at all. I don't think this is what you had in mind.
: ***
It really is. Try other major games and see how long it takes there. In many cases you can be happy if you get a reply within a week or even at all. 24 hour response time is pretty much the premium standard in gaming.
Zantier (EUW)
: I see how it could be abused but it wouldn't be a one off thing, high amounts of reports in a short period of time would lead to being placed in a separate queue or similar to being reported consistently not be enjoyable to to play with would lead to punishment
> high amounts of reports in a short period of time So you are saying you want to support the possibility to gang up on people and get them punished that way? You like it, when people constantly spam "please report XY" whenever they feel like someone is underperforming? Because that is what would happen with your idea.
Mammoett (EUW)
: lol. i dont need you to believe me tbh wat will change? if you believe me doesnt mean that i will get unbanned lol
So why do you even bring it up if you don't want to discuss it properly?
: Riots bans are not performend manually. So no, that is not the better thing they have to do.
> perma banning me for saying 'ff 15' Just that? Chatlog or it didn't happen.
Mammoett (EUW)
: perma banning me for saying 'ff 15' ofcourse i dont think they have something better to do. and they even think they are right smh
Riots bans are not performend manually. So no, that is not the better thing they have to do.
: > So you are actually saying that is your belief is that Rioters, at 18:55 on a Friday have nothing better to do than to lurk on the forums and downvote stuff they don't like. You make me feel like I'm wasting valuable time here....STAPH !
Well, you are not being payed for it. Oh wait...that makes it even worse. Shit. I'm off.
Mammoett (EUW)
: if i said somethin like this ingame i would get banned no doubt xD. but lol. what does the time and the day have to do with this?
What it matters? The workday is over, it's the weekend. Rioters are humans too. Don't you think they have better things to do than, after working on League the entire day, going home at a Friday evening and log in on the forums to downvote stuff?
Mammoett (EUW)
: he didnt actually talk about how many views. he talked about the votes. lol it is true, you are simply just doing your job an that is lying. quite and boring job isnt it? there are players just looking in boards without saying anything. andd there are players downvoting every negative post *cough* riot employees *cough*
So you are actually saying that is your belief is that Rioters, at 18:55 on a Friday have nothing better to do than to lurk on the forums and downvote stuff they don't like. Riiiiight. That is more reasonable to you than the theory that a small percentage of the players viewing your thread downvoted you? Seriously?
: Emissaries are volunteers. Players like you. They get nothing from Riot. They aren't forced to say anything. They are the reason why you don't see gore, porn, and nazi memes and why this place isn't called 4chan. You should thank them, instead of giving them a hard time. And no, I am not getting payed either. Jackass.....
> And no, I am not getting payed either. Thats exactly what one of those sneaky Rioters would say! https://media.giphy.com/media/ANbD1CCdA3iI8/giphy.gif
: true as fk. 2 ppl downvoted and the post has 0 comments. riot exposing their selves
I'm afraid there is an alternative theory: Not everyone who votes, comments. That's perfectly normal in EVERY forum or voting platform. Take reddit, take youtube, take every gaming forum. In none of them the number of views, votes and comments are the same. I mean, just look at this thread https://i.imgur.com/0SMwE0g.jpg So many clicked on the thread, barely anyone voted or commented. Why is that? That's because this is normal. It's perfectly possible and normal to view but not to vote or write, to write but not to vote, to vote but not to write. Those things are not connected.
LM Domino (EUW)
: I think it's a P2W game now, I have around 20champions and it's going to take a few years to get them all unless I pay for them.
That's pay to access, not pay to win. Having a lot of champions is not required to win.
: Could pull up the cases of real world laws and legislation affecting the virtual world if you'd like. Don't think any court would put TOS over their laws. Not that anyone has, as far as I'm aware, taken riot to court. Because I am sure a spinster can make a claim that riot defend racists and death threats by not banning them or punishing them. Yeah alright mate, you clearly don't understand the issue with being bad and trying to make the most of ranked. Most people do ignore the shit players, most people (myself included the majority of the time) give them the benefit of the doubt. But I don't play ranked for fun, and if a 0/12 player is still dying and hasn't learned to stop feeding; I am not surprised, and wouldn't defend them from, being flamed a bit.
> Not that anyone has, as far as I'm aware, taken riot to court. That's just because are not aware. Every big company gets sued on a regular basis. Riot is no exception. You should really stop making random assumptions and treating them like facts.
: I got 15 months and close to a 800 games to prove my point to me, I know its totally anecdotal and has no value in this discussion but I just needed to let off some steam because i know it aint getting any better unless match making is fixed. me being a main support propably is just making things worse for me, because supports have almost no carry value. and obviously theres the top 1% of the 1% who are mechanically so solid with just the right champs that they can steamroll their matches, it doesnt mean that the match making itself is working correctly. Because it isnt. I havent seen any proof of it working correctly in close to 2 years now.
> Because it isnt What exactly about it is not working?
LM Domino (EUW)
: Thank you I understand it now is there anyway for me to get rid of the Tokens Stash as I don't really want to look at it, it makes me want to buy the pass but I dont want to spend money on a game its very frustation for a f2p player to have to look at the rewards most people are getting because they bought the pass
> its very frustation for a f2p player to have to look at the rewards most people are getting because they bought the pass Are you surprised that players who pay money get more than players who don't? Even Riot has to earn money somehow, so of course, paying players get more than non-payers. The only reason to be unhappy about that is jealousy. And if you are jealous about people who spend money getting more than you who doesn't...well...that is not exactly a good character trait. Who cares what they get? You get stuff for free, that is all that should matter. Just because others get more (for money), that is no reason to be unhappy about all the free stuff you can get. Personally I am extremely happy that Riot, after all these years, still manages to finance the game without any pay2win aspect whatsoever, but only vanity items (skins etc). As far as I am concerned, they are very welcome to continue on that path. I get free stuff, some others get more free stuff, Riot gets the money to run the game. I'm completely fine with that. And so should you. Greetings, a fellow non-paying player.
: Solution for players that want to Grow in ELO!
> what about making a timer that if a player is disconnected for 10 minutes or more the whole team can forfeit and will not lose any LP That timer already exists and it's 0. If a player fails to connect, you can remake the game. Why is it 0 you are asking? That's because otherwise this system could be abused: Game is not going so well? No problem, leave! Ahhh...but that means you will not get LP, right? No problem, just flame and int until someone else is so annoyed that he's leaving! Problem solved. Also if you happen to be a somewhat famous streamer, people will just leave for you every time the first few minutes are not going well. Or you have a loyal friend who leaves for you. Or you pay someone to leave for you. Or you blackmail/threaten someone to leave for you. So many possibilities. So overall this system would lead to more leaving, flaming, inting, harassment and boosting. Not exactly the original goal, isn't it? Long story short: If you give people a tool to manipulate ranked in their favor, they WILL use it, no matter how stupid it is. So, as it happens so often, jerks & idiots are the reason why we can't have nice things. > also there should be a higher consequences for leaving a ranked game There are two problems with that: a) Harsher punishments are not actually better. The often quoted deterrence effect is incredibly weak and has barely any effect. Humans just don't work that way. If a human player is emotional, he will do what feels best, not what is smart. So consequences are ignored. That's why scaling up the consequences doesn't really work. b) The vast majority of leavers don't actually leave intentionally. They leave due to RL coming in the way or due to technical issues. Punishing them is not going to fix that, it's just going to make them angry, that's all. PS: Even if those solutions would work, this would actually not help you climb the ranked ladder. Leavers exist in both teams and, assuming you are not a leaver yourself, they are more common in the enemy team on the long run. So leavers actually help you win more games, on average. Therefore, reducing the number of leavers does not make it easier to climb, it makes it harder.
: What an excellent NPC point of view, the company is most proud of you. I dont have a problem with winrate being 50. I have a problem with the fact that the match making forces it. The whole "skill cap" is just an arbituary point where after you reach it you'll get teamed with more people on loss streak, more people with afk/troll/toxic tendencies, it has nothing to do with the player whos stuck at it. Your personal gameplay has almost no positivive impact in the game, but its easy to negatively impact the outcome. I love the argument of "you belong in this elo" when Im not in that elo because I run out of skills against better players, or my team as a whole loses to a better team. 80-90% of my losses this season and last season were because of the rigged match making. If it was fair and if it "worked as intended", the matches would feel more like the actual gameplay mattered. Now its just waiting who goes afk, who starts inting, who starts flaming or all of the above and the game itself is dying because of it. This is a great game suffering from cancer which could be easily fixed. Bonus rant: Reporting is just a %%%%ing way to find the players who serve the sole purpose of keeping winrate at 50%, unless you say the forbidden hate words of the ancient demons or if you massively int in game, and even that is hard to get to the magical 0-15 limit
> have a problem with the fact that the match making forces it. Good. Because it doesn't, so you don't have a problem. The matchmaking doesn't give a flying f about your winratio. It EXCLUSIVELY works with your MMR, nothing else. It doesn't need to care about your winratio, for the average player it will regulate itself. There is plenty of evidence for that. Two proofs are extremely obvious: Pro smurfs and boosting. If winratio would be considered and matchmaking would try to prevent you from having a winratio far away from 50%, it would not be possible that pros who create smurfs have winratios of 90% and more until they reach challenger. Matchmaking would slow them down extremely. But it doesn't. That's because winratio doesn't matter. The same applies to boosting. While boosting is illegal, it's a pretty lucrative business. If winratio would matter, boosting would not be possible, because boosters would be slowed down extremely while trying to boost accounts, making lucrative boosting basically impossible. But they are not slowed down and boosting does exist. That's because winratio doesn't matter. > Bonus rant: Reporting is just a %%%%ing way to find the players who serve the sole purpose of keeping winrate at 50% You are quite a fan of conspiracy theories, aren't you?
: ARAM should be competitive!
Competitiveness is a matter of attitude. For me, Aram **IS** competitive! I don't need a visible rank to throw those casuals from the bridge in the ice cold abyss!
: I am not a lawyer so I don't know. I didn't really harass someone, I just repeatedly asked for him to be reported :P (Suppose I did harass him by riots definition, so I am wrong on that point) No we aren't arguing the same thing. He thinks it is solely your fault. When he is ignoring the whole 40%40%20% rule to this game. You will not win all of your games, because certain percentages of games will be decided by teammates. Now when you've had a few games on the trot with trolls and idiots, you will be salty real quick. This guy seems to think it's your fault entirely for not climbing. There is a middle ground of alright players that would be an elo higher, or at least a bit higher, if they didn't have all those shit games. Sure that applies to the enemies too, but it doesn't help your case so its irrelevant.
> I just repeatedly asked for him to be reported :P AKA as harassing people. > You will not win all of your games ...nor is that necessary to rank up. In order to rank up, the long run counts. And on the long run, every factor except yourself nullifies itself. If you lose a game, it might not be entirely your fault. If you don't rank up on the long run, it is entirely your fault. > Sure that applies to the enemies too, but it doesn't help your case so its irrelevant. It absolutely helps my case, it is the one crucial information that you ignore and that changes literally everything. It could not be more relevant. You just just chose to ignore it, because otherwise the whole "It's other peoples fault that I don't rank up"-theory doesn't work anymore.
: Come off it bro, I am not asking for 1:1 staff to players, but the automated system is flawed and the only feasible way I can think to fix it is with human beings adjudicating, or some new advanced ai I dunno.. "A new report detailing which free-to-play PC games earned the most revenue in 2017 ranks League of Legends as the most profitable game with over $2 billion generated" first thing that pops up on google search.. didnt even have to look. It's profits I am referring to friend, they have been around for years, made a lot of money (profit) and if you think they can't afford to hire human staff for a penalty system, you might just be the kind of guy that thinks marginal tax rates of 70% on £10mill are immoral :P
> I dunno.. Precisely, you don't know. Don't call other people stupid if you know nothing about the topic. > It's profits I am referring to And yet the source you are quoting clearly refers to revenue. > if you think they can't afford to hire human staff for a penalty system, you might just be the kind of guy that thinks marginal tax rates of 70% on £10mill are immoral :P No, I am the kind of guy who actually calculated what it would cost to hire humans for this.
: Why are they doing that? Because then premades don't know they have more power and don't abuse it... Now I am just guessing, as I don't know. Not a question of profiteering for them, probably just more costs to factor in if they had to calculate premades abusing their numbers and what not. It isn't easy to prove wrong, the only proof I have been against my opinion (conspiracy) shown is official riot words.. would you believe the POTUS if he told you something, probably not :P
> Not a question of profiteering for them, probably just more costs to factor in if they had to calculate premades abusing their numbers and what not. It is literally just "dividing by the numbers of premades" or "If premade --> report = 1". Come on, try harder. Riot has a whole army of data scientists, they can do basic elementary school math. > It isn't easy to prove wrong It absolutely is. Create a bunch of accounts, write the exact same stuff, check how many premades there are, see if the time until punishment depends on the number of premades. Easy. People have already done this and much crazier shit to try to prove something Riot said wrong (with no result). > would you believe the POTUS if he told you something, probably not :P If he would claim something that can be proven wrong super easily by anyone but no one actually manages to prove him wrong despite trying, then yes, I would believe him.
: I do have a biased memory, but that doesn't take away from the fact that I was permabanned straight after those two 4 premade games. So I guess it was unfortunate coincidence. Your last point there might concede that at one point it wasn't good or didn't detect premades. No two wrongs don't make a right, but the whole point of this thread, like all the others, is what is worse: my flaming or his trolling. I can see why the flamers get angry, case and point. Please don't think I'm a conspiracy theorist lol <3 I am anything but. It must just be more coincidence that my golden friend who has never been banned or penalised plays with real nice people who never flame/int/troll. I often say %%%% all, honestly.. look at those three games. One is definitely bad sure, the other two are barely anything imo.
> but the whole point of this thread, like all the others, is what is worse That is not what you said though. You said you don't deserve that ban, so that seems to be quite clearly what this thread is about. You didn't ask what is worse and it's irrelevant for the question whether you deserved this or not.
: Read up, my only 2 permabans in multiple years of this game have come straight after 4 premades vs me. And believe me, I remember saying and doing a lot worse than what I did in those two games XD have a vivid memory of them because it pisses me off to this day how 4 people can gang up on you. Yeah of course its annoying, I am trying to get peoples attention in the middle of the game. It is also %%%%ing annoying having a clear troll for an adc, what am I to do as a support? Kept shielding and peeling him, but to no avail. Could've muted him but he wasn't saying all that much, still tried to play the game to the end. All for nothing. Just a ban. We can agree to disagree on logic then, but I can see now riot make clear not to constantly ask for a report, so thats fair enough I got in trouble for that. And no, don't make a sweeping statements friend. You have no proof to back up your claim here, you just assume. I genuinely believe they did make that elo hell island thing where they have separate games for toxic players and keep the clean people away from them. My friend has been playing with me for the same amount of time, hes an elo higher than me. But whenever I play on his acc or watch him, the level of toxicity is exponentially lower than in my games :P smart answer for that? (Most people in this game are toxic, just don't show it unless provoked. Especially when faced with a clear troll or %%%%, I'd like to think the majority of games I am not toxic, hardly type in normal bad/good games. But when theres a clear troll I am a salty mofo XD)
> Read up, my only 2 permabans in multiple years of this game have come straight after 4 premades vs me. And believe me, I remember saying and doing a lot worse than what I did in those two games XD have a vivid memory of them because it pisses me off to this day how 4 people can gang up on you. 3 easy explanations, pick your favorite: a) You are human and therefore have an incredibly biased memory and might not remember correctly b) Your ban is the result of all your previous toxicity piling up and now it's just too much c) The system has become better over time > It is also %%%%ing annoying having a clear troll for an adc, what am I to do as a support? Two wrongs don't make a right. Are we in kindergarten? Just because others do something stupid that doesn't mean you should do the same. > And no, don't make a sweeping statements friend. You have no proof to back up your claim here, you just assume. Which claim? I was part of a project that collected all sources about Player Behavior that is out there on the internet. Overall roughly 800 sources. I can back up almost everything I know about this topic. > I genuinely believe they did make that elo hell island thing where they have separate games for toxic players and keep the clean people away from them Apply the conspiracy buster again! Riot has publically explained why this idea, they call it prisoner island, is a bad idea and that this is why they are not doing it. So you are saying they are doing it. So why did they make that statement? They could just have done it. Others, like Blizzard, did too. So why explain publically that you don't do something and provide perfectly reasonable explanations why you are not doing it and then doing it in secret, if you could just do it? Why? > Most people in this game are toxic, just don't show it unless provoked. Especially when faced with a clear troll or %%%%, I'd like to think the majority of games I am not toxic, hardly type in normal bad/good games. But when theres a clear troll I am a salty mofo I agree. Most people are not inherently toxic. There are very few truly "evil" person. "Toxic players" is not really a good term. It's about showing toxic behavior and how often and how extremely you do that. And the fast majority of players is very low on that spectrum and barely ever shows any toxic behavior and if they do, it's not that bad.
: My argument is that being banned for 14 days because of one bad game (coupled with all my other mistakes previously) is bullshit and unfair. I would love to have a proper debate/discussion with you but I don't have the time to. Not a conspiratorial person at all, but just because rito says something doesn't mean it is true. They probably just don't want people to do it, as they said, because it will lead to everyone in the game hating on eachother. But I know myself that my 2 permabans in 5/6 years have come from games after arguing with 4 premades. So I don't believe them.
> Not a conspiratorial person at all, but... ...you are. I suggest you use the "conspiracy buster", the little word "Why?" (or "who profits?"). If your conspiracy theory is true and Riot is giving premades more power to ban players, while publically stating that they don't do that, despite the fact that this lie would be incredibly easy to uncover.....why are they doing that? Why are they doing something so obviously stupid? How do they profit? Why are they lying about it although it is incredibly easy to prove wrong? Why did no one ever actually prove it wrong? It's easy and a lot of people want to prove and absolutely have the ability to do so. So why did it never happen? If you can answer all that reasonably, with answers that are more reasonable than "Riot is simply not lying about this"...then you might be on to something, but only then. Otherwise, it's just a conspiracy theory, as you already kind of noticed yourself.
Show more

Humpelstilzche

Level 119 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion