: > Yes I am. Because both are just words used to describe something. It's only you that make the word do what it does to you. I would feel more offended by someone trying to insult me with the word "banana" well, not everyone is a delutional as you, and your "enlightened" view on how words are what we percieve them to be is just rediculous. thats really all i have to say to you sinse your skull is thicker then anivias wall im pretty sure this is gonna be a one sided argument no matter what people tell you.
> [{quoted}](name=OFC MM Fuzzyface,realm=EUW,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=55IZGAbv,comment-id=000500010000000000000001,timestamp=2016-03-19T14:10:52.406+0000) > > well, not everyone is a delutional as you, and your "enlightened" view on how words are what we percieve them to be is just rediculous. > > thats really all i have to say to you sense you skull is thicker then anivias wall im pretty sure this is gonna be a one sided argument no matter what people tell you. "I can't understand what I'm reading so better insult its author". Well. It's your very own cage there. Sorry. If you feel that ideas are somewhat sentient beings that act on their own and hurt people because they simply want to... well, yeah, I'm delusional, I guess.
Hamji (EUW)
: There is a big flaw in you logic you say i have a problem with a word and i want it banned and you disagree because you like words.Well that is not the case I enjoy talking to people in video games a lot, but i also think that phrases like "die to cancer!" can hurt people way more that phrases like "go fuck yourself!". I am not saying like you seem to think that there should be a global mute, i am in fact saying that riot has a filter for offencive language that clearly does not work the way it should and that it should be fixed.
> [{quoted}](name=Hamji,realm=EUW,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=55IZGAbv,comment-id=000500000001000000000000,timestamp=2016-03-19T13:56:53.732+0000) > > There is a big flaw in you logic you say i have a problem with a word and i want it banned and you disagree because you like words.Well that is not the case I enjoy talking to people in video games a lot, Again, I have never said that Riot should not ban people using "cancer" as a mean to attack or agress someone. But there is again no reason to ban a word because it CAN be used in such way, because every single freaking words on earth can be used agressively and in a derogatory way. > [{quoted}](name=Hamji,realm=EUW,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=55IZGAbv,comment-id=000500000001000000000000,timestamp=2016-03-19T13:56:53.732+0000) > > but i also think that phrases like "die to cancer!" can hurt people way more that phrases like "go fuck yourself!". Can hurt SOME people* Again, words have no power by themselves. It's only us who gives them that power. It's time you understand that. > [{quoted}](name=Hamji,realm=EUW,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=55IZGAbv,comment-id=000500000001000000000000,timestamp=2016-03-19T13:56:53.732+0000) > > I am not saying like you seem to think that there should be a global mute, i am in fact saying that riot has a filter for offencive language that clearly does not work the way it should and that it should be fixed. Because it doens't filter the word cancer? Come on. As I previously said, "every single freaking words on earth can be used agressively and in a derogatory way." This mean that a comprehensive filter list should have every existing words in the world, hence the global mute.
: > [{quoted}](name=Irène Adler,realm=EUW,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=55IZGAbv,comment-id=000500010000,timestamp=2016-03-19T13:37:25.164+0000) > > Again, that's misinformations. There are COUNTLESS cases of people getting banned because of a mild but repeated toxic behavior. Please, inquire on the matter before spreading lies. > > --- > > Why would they add such words to a filter? Hell, I can even insult you by calling you a "banana", should they add "banana" to the filter? are you really comparing cancer to banana.. cmon... and there are even more cases of toxic shitheads being toxic for games on end without getting banned.. because they know how to keep their head low when they get their first warning then just switch over to their smurf account and do the same shit over there, ive had friends who rage and flame without getting banned.. im not making this up or "spreading lies" as you put it.. its based on experience.
> [{quoted}](name=OFC MM Fuzzyface,realm=EUW,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=55IZGAbv,comment-id=0005000100000000,timestamp=2016-03-19T13:54:45.406+0000) > > are you really comparing cancer to banana.. cmon... Yes I am. Because both are just words used to describe something. It's only you that make the word do what it does to you. I would feel more offended by someone trying to insult me with the word "banana" than someone casually talking about the disease called "cancer". You are so attached to your own beliefs concerning those words that you can't even understand the comparison. But that's none of my business. > [{quoted}](name=OFC MM Fuzzyface,realm=EUW,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=55IZGAbv,comment-id=0005000100000000,timestamp=2016-03-19T13:54:45.406+0000) > > and there are even more cases of toxic shitheads being toxic for games on end without getting banned.. because they know how to keep their head low when they get their first warning then just switch over to their smurf account and do the same shit over there, ive had friends who rage and flame without getting banned.. im not making this up or "spreading lies" as you put it.. its based on experience. Yeah, they are ways to get away with toxicity. They are scarce and rarely work, but they exist. But what the hell does it have to do with the subject? What the hell does it have to do with Riot caring or not? They care. But there is NO perfect system.
Hamji (EUW)
: I don't think you can see the big picture here so let me show you: If riot filters those words nothing will change for people who don't rage because there is no situation in the game where you have to use the word and more players will feel better when playing the game. On the other hand if the don't the community will just keep the reputation of a toxic community it has.
> [{quoted}](name=Hamji,realm=EUW,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=55IZGAbv,comment-id=0005000000010000,timestamp=2016-03-19T13:46:18.420+0000) > > I don't think you can see the big picture here so let me show you: If riot filters those words nothing will change for people who don't rage because there is no situation in the game where you have to use the word and more players will feel better when playing the game. On the other hand if the don't the community will just keep the reputation of a toxic community it has. I don't think you can see the big picture here so let me show you : any word can be offensive to anyone because we all relate to these words in our own way. By the same logic you are developing here, all the existing words oh any languages should be filtered. A global mute is what you'd need to fit your logic. There are situations were using the word "cancer" has nothing to do with being offensive to anyone and fits the conversation. Some people talk. Some people like to talk. I talk with people. There is simply no reason to ban a word because YOU don't see any situation were it can be wisely used.
Hamji (EUW)
: Yes, cancer is just a word, and raging is just an action, that doesn't mean it can't make people hate the game and feel bad about themselves. I didn't make this post just because it makes me feel bad i made it because i want to try and change community for the better. Even if i fail with what i am trying to do i at least know i tried....
> [{quoted}](name=Hamji,realm=EUW,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=55IZGAbv,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2016-03-19T13:11:33.523+0000) > > Yes, cancer is just a word, and raging is just an action, that doesn't mean it can't make people hate the game and feel bad about themselves. Still, this reaction is not implied by the word itself but by how you relate to the word. > [{quoted}](name=Hamji,realm=EUW,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=55IZGAbv,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2016-03-19T13:11:33.523+0000) > > I didn't make this post just because it makes me feel bad i made it because i want to try and change community for the better. Even if i fail with what i am trying to do i at least know i tried.... I'm ok with it. I'm less ok with all the assumptions that can be found in your OP such as "Riot seems to think it is ok". And I'm totally not OK with how you seem to condemn the sole use of the word "cancer" even in an non-agressive context.
: > Also, what with the assumption that Riot is fine with people cursing at other people or wishing them lethal diseases? They are not fine with it and punish the offenders. You might want to make enquiries on the matter because asserting such things. it takes extreme toxicity to get riots attention, and even then you get two chances before you get permabanned, they could be more consequent and set a more harch president for toxic players and ad cancer and aids to their filters which really shoulndt be that hard but they dont and by the looks of it have no intention to which is why i wrote what i did
> [{quoted}](name=OFC MM Fuzzyface,realm=EUW,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=55IZGAbv,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2016-03-19T13:26:00.750+0000) > > it takes extreme toxicity to get riots attention, and even then you get two chances before you get permabanned, they could be more consequent and set a more harch president for toxic players and ad cancer and aids to their filters which really shoulndt be that hard but they dont and by the looks of it have no intention to which is why i wrote what i did Again, that's misinformations. There are COUNTLESS cases of people getting banned because of a mild but repeated toxic behavior. Please, inquire on the matter before spreading lies. --- Why would they add such words to a filter? Hell, I can even insult you by calling you a "banana", should they add "banana" to the filter?
: Do you really want to win?
I don't care as long as I'm having fun. It got me to diam, so I guess it works pretty well.
Hamji (EUW)
: "Cancer players"
Cancer is just a word. All that matters is how you relate to that word and it's all up to you. As for the rules of LoL they are pretty clear : don't insult other players. If I say that I feel like getting cancer because of X or Y reasons that are not directly related to a person in the game there is simply no reason for Riot to ban me. Now, I'm quite the laid back guy and I don't see any reason to use such word. I've lost many people to cancer, from friends to family. Still, how a simple word could hurt me if I'm not giving it this power? The word itself is not hurting you. You are hurting yourself. Realize that, get over it, and simply be happy. --- Also, what with the assumption that Riot is fine with people cursing at other people or wishing them lethal diseases? They are not fine with it and punish the offenders. You might want to make enquiries on the matter because asserting such things.
: Report system useless?Someone afk the last 20 ranked games(no items too) still unpunished.
Or maybe, I'm saying maybe, AFKs have nothing to do with the report system? Maybe, I'm saying maybe, you might want to educate yourself on the leaver buster. Maybe.
: that's like telling a girl its her fault she got raped... Oh god some people...
> [{quoted}](name=Bonny Jessica ,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=dHZxLW4x,comment-id=0002000100000000,timestamp=2016-03-18T10:54:01.047+0000) > > that's like telling a girl its her fault she got raped... Oh god some people... We spotted the feminist. edit : Now allow me to be kinda more constructive on the matter. One should not be afraid to tell his gender freely. But why would one do such thing? Is there anything to gain, especially in a video game, from disclosing such information? I doubt so. --- I play more than 9 out of 10 of my games with at least one female friend. They never, strictly never, had any problems with their gender in the game. I'm talking about hundreds of games. Could OP explain how her experience could be so much different?

Irène Adler

Level 9 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion