Rioter Comments
: 1. Actually devourer had some issues... It gives very little early game power (which is important to junglers) and the pool of champs that actually bothered with it is tiny (only kayle brought it regularly, the rest can get better stuff from the other 3). Also it still get better stacks from killing enemies and getting objectives so it shouldn't in theory isolate the jungle. 2. I'm going to guess that it will work like feral flare and kills before the item is made still contribute to the stacks... So it doesn't delay dragons. And the majority of potential buyers of this can actually solo Dragon once they get their jungle item so they don't actually need help. Just ward up to get an early warning, pink the it, and do it (happens all the time at my elo). 3. That's not quite how it works... It does the phantom edge passive procs every other basic attack... So your calculation pretty much needs to be cut in half. It's not perfect and I'm dreading if this brings back that annoying godyr build but it's not as unhealthy as you think... just over tuned. Also riot obviously want these enchants to be more than just a simple stat boost.. they want them to have passives which are tailored to really help that class of jungler... this is the devourers turn (and next warrior will get this treatment).
> I'm going to guess that it will work like feral flare and kills before the item is made still contribute to the stacks... So it doesn't delay dragons. atm is not working like this > That's not quite how it works... It does the phantom edge passive procs every other basic attack... So your calculation pretty much needs to be cut in half. You can get the first AA just by mobility I guess; i tried to depict the next succession of sustained magical damage there. The Phantom duplicates any on hit effects. Fizz passives are on hit effects; they scales on AP. Nashor Tooth is an on hit effect. Other relevant item iws Wit's End; but not Guinsoo Rageblade (on autoattack effect), neither Black Cleaver (on inflicted phys damage effect).
TeiX (EUW)
: howerver staed devourer is an onhit champion's wet dream it effectively gives you a buffed version of yi's passive and prevents a too common situation devourer/former feral junglers had, stuck on thefarm mindset, since the sated devourer has a definite goal once you get it that item is done, and the passives ensure its a relevant item for AS champions 30 stacks is not a unreasonable goal assuming your taking part in the relevant fights and take, with that item onhit junglers are gonna take the initiative with dragon(which they should anyway since they usually are good early dragon killers), gonig for a eartly dragon also gives them a raher fixed padron you can play around, since apparently the stacks arent rettoactive you need devourer asap(its not that expensive but a good early gank might allows you get it earlier and setu pa dragon off it.-)
> 30 stacks is not a unreasonable goal assuming your taking part in the relevant fights and take You can think this way, try to follow me. 1 The old Feral Flare was done around 18 min. And it started to stack from the very first camp. 2 By now, half of Dev stacks comes from kill partecipation. 3 The main difference between the old jungle and the new, is that camps has double respawn time. 30 stacks are required. So let's assume that you will get only half of the half of them (the number is actually) from kill partecipation. So you have to get: 1 a Devourer 2 Around 23 camps. 3 Normal skirmishes We have 3 scenarios: 1 you did smite 2 drags and reduce the number just to 13 camps. Let's assume you close Dev at min 14, probabl you will get Sated around min 22. Notice that now with a normal Devourer progression you use to get around 20 stacks at min 20 when everything is going fine. it can be even fasted if there where lots of skirmishes aound drag. That's ABSOLUTELY reasonable. You are going to rape some ass from this point. 2 You did smite 1 drag. The Sated will be around min 26. This is someway still a viable solution, expecially if ou can still provide kills on your team meanwhile jungling efficiently. 3 You didn't get any dragon. Probably you are gonna end your Sated around min 30. The game could be seriously done and you will autolose because 30 fuckin mins without serious jungle pressure as you had to farm 23+ camps. Also, supposed less partecipation if your team didn't get any dragon. These are all scenarios where everything is going fine. You can die early and be counterjungled and you will be fucked. I know there are gross calculations, if you want to bring some more stats, I'll appreciate. I tried to put my experience into it.
: > This is the most important one: the Devourer is probably the best designed item in League of Legends. **His power depends entirely by the skill of the user.** Really? So, power farming jungle, which is arguably the fastest way to stack Devourer against even a moderately map aware team, is skill? Also, the dragon thing is a buff. Also, the third thing you complained about boils down to 'this item helps diversify the jungle'. You listed Yi, Warwick, Fizz, Kayle and Elise, five jungle picks that don't see all that much play right now compared to more common tank junglers and Warrior users.
I can see how you are not a Devourer player. The fastest way to stack Devourer is to pick Fizz and sitting lanes until people will passively die by your presence. Yeah, that's a way to say that more than half of Dev's stacks comes from skirmishes than afk farming, but people doesn't realize it because people don't actually play Devourer. About "picks that don't see". You wouldn't see them; and not because they are bad, but because their snowball would be insane. This will lead to 2 endings (bot bad): 1 Riot will find some shitty way to make Sated Devourer a trash tier item again. 2 Riot will nerf champions at a point that they will be balanced ONLY on the fact they will get Dev, killing their diversity (i.e. Master Yi with Warrior), or their viability in lanes (I'm looking at Ekko, Fizz, Aatrox etc etc). Use your brain and you will see my point.
Rioter Comments
: Why isn't Kayle in every single game?
The only role she fits nowadays is jungle and she is fucking hard to play there after the leash changes in the last patch. Anyway I can see her strong in the top in some situation, but there are a lot of strong picks for the toplane.
: Lets play a game : NAME THE FACTIONS
1 Glitterland 2 Kalamanda 3 Noxus 4 Bandle 5 Piltover 6 League of Legends 7 Targon 8 Shadow Isles 9 Solari 10 Kayle Dimension 11 Black Rose 12 ??? 13 Kinkou 14 Ionia 15 Bilgewater 16 Avarosa 17 Lokfar 18 Demacia 19 Shurima 20 Twisted Treeline 21 Zaun 22 GP Crew 23 Frostguard 24 Nami's People 25 The Void
Rioter Comments
: Male looking for a female teacher. To teach me.
now Idk if this is to upvote or downvote. I'm a good guy, so upvoted.
: Seems like AKALI will turn out to be the old ZED with that "E" buff.
katt5 (EUNE)
: You are contradicting yourself. If you are supposed to "give your best" in ranked, wouldn't you be "giving your best" by picking the champion that you are most effective with ranked? I could take other supports besides Lux, but I am best with Lux- my average KDA with her is 9.1/3.9/12.6 (according to Lolking, so that does factor in the few matches where I take Lux mid). I can only think of one occasion where I had a negative KDA as Lux support, I never take CS from my ADC, always keep wards up and get Sightstone at first or second back, etc. In any case, back to the point, I would rather have a support who knows their champ than somebody who locked Leona because they read that she is "op". That's why I didn't complain about Twisted Fate ADC or Akali Jungle, because both are pretty far-fetched but it CAN work (although to be honest both TF and Akali fed.) That game was ranked, by the way. I just find it funny that two players who took Akali Jungle and Twisted Fate ADC in a ranked match had the nerve to flame me for taking Lux Support.
In ranked I would play Viktor support than any other meta support because I know with him I can make tons on money, provide a form of cc into fights and definitely carry the team.
katt5 (EUNE)
: Respect other people's picks.
Teemo's players doesn't reserve any respect. Any thread about respecting picks that doesn't state this very clearly is not a serious one.
Mada (EUW)
: Make it illegal to translate item names
if you write "Relic Shield" in a non-english version you can still find it. Anyway, they wait a bit to apply this to new items so it doesn't work for Righteous Glory.
Rich (EUW)
: You're from Earth?! Me too! Let's be friends! Kappa... Get it? Cause Greek.. I'll leave now.
WHACK (EUW)
: your picks are disgusting and you picked herpaderps II gen twice
Myrmiron (EUW)
: Your personal best games of all time?
Only SP 1 Final Fantasy 6 2 Pokemon I Gen 3 Final Fantasy 8 4 Pokemon III Gen 5 Kingdom Hearts 6 Kotor II 7 Civilization IV 8 Civilization V 9 Europa Universalis III 10 Metal Gear Solid 2 Honorable Mentions: Metal Gear Solid 3 Civilization I - II - III Morrowind Pro Evolution 2 - 3 Fifa 2000 Batman Arkham City Xenogears Pokemon II Gen and IV Gen Assassin Creed Brotherhood Tekken 3, 5 and 6 Star Wars Battlefront II Wario Land 1 Mass Effects 2 - 3 Earthbound Final Fantasy 9 Final Fantasy X Fanil Fantasy 5
wzy88 (EUNE)
: Lithuania has euro too... Since 2015. Btw nice theory there {{summoner:2}}
> A Eurozone-based division would be silly, since Finland, Estonia and Latvia have euro, but Sweden and Lithuania, which border them in the direction of the other Eurozone countries, do not. While that would be convenient for pricing reasons, the other server would be ridiculous with economies ranging from the UK to Romania and its neighbors, with radically different GDP per capita. > > I've asked and I've searched, but I haven't found a good answer to why the servers are still split, nor why they were split this way. > > tldr: server split is arbitrary, half the nordics aren't on nordic&east anyway, and afaik both servers are in the same datacenter. You don't understand how commerce works on internet; their priority isn't to split servers by languages spoken, but to volatility of currincies; y.e. Lira is the most volatile currency in Europe, if Tur was in the EUW or EUNE server, every 2 week they have to change RP price; this is their priority.
Adrenalotr (EUNE)
: The borders between servers are silly. I think there are more Nordics on EUW than on EUNE. Fortunately, players are free to play wherever they want, but it still matters to people where their country is assigned. And if the Baltics aren't Nordic & East, I don't know what is.
The borders was made trying to represent as better the monetary situation in Europe. EUW = Euro + GBP + CHF (stable international currencies) EUNE = Crowns (stable not international currencies) TUR = Turkish Lira (higly volatile currency) RUS = Rubles and UKR rubles (highly volatile currency) Splitting the server by currencies helps to prevent shady operation during monetary fluctiations; so, in order to exchange the currency you will trade for RP, you actually have to pay also the server transert; making many speculations on currencies actually impossibile. I actually don't know what is the primary currency on Baltics. Euro or Rubles I guess. In the first case, Riot made an error to put this countries in Russian region, even according monetary split.
lewski (EUNE)
: Fun fact: it's SNTL in Finnish
In your brother language, Hungarian, is SZSZKSZ. But don't ask me why.
Ezlas (EUNE)
: you dont even know the name of the country that occupied us. LOL! It was USSR
URSS in majority of languages, USSR for americans. CCCP for russians. Learn to know other cultures before making history lesson.
Rayz019 (EUNE)
: Wait, you mean I am not a bronze braindead retarded noob for hating Voli?
there is more people in middle elo hating volibear than in low elo. In low elo Volibear is a strong (and indepedent) champion.
wzy88 (EUNE)
: Remove baltics from Russian zone
Baltics are former URSS, and that server is the URSS one. Now you may think something like: "URSS"? Well, well, I think time has arrived. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ee465_copy-of-simpsons-soviet-union_fun
Kuorosaki (EUW)
: How To Deal With True Damage?
Try to stack hp a little, anyway the best counter agianst True Damage USUALLY is disengage.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jay Kenton,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=EdgJG2aE,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2015-04-17T23:35:13.625+0000) > > Well, a lot of modern literature, movies, visual art are centered about "being a loser it's ok"; I'll try to give you an example, I don't know if you can get it. One of the most famous japanese animation is the series called "Evangelion", produced during half of 90'. > > That's the story of a young boy who has a genetic connection with a giant...bio-robot? called Evangelion. The story is set in 2015 and the world collapsed by climatic changes. > Evangelions are the last weapon of mankind against aliens invaders called "Angels". The story is, oddly for a japanese toon, very serious and intense, without real comic relieves, and centered a lot about individual perception instead of dynimic action. > It's full of mysticism and religious simbols of course, and the boy is a very sad person with very low self-esteem. Even when he realized that he can be very good at piloting the Evangelion, he still basically realize also that material things are meaningless, and reaching the spiritual world is the final goal of human beings. > > This concept was the result of economical (and maybe spiritual) crisis that invested Japan during '90, and is reflected in a lot of their "Golden age" productions in video games like Final Fantasies, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Metal Gears or Xenogears. All of these concepts doesn't bring a very "optimistic" view of the future, they want to represent " a very serious crisis", where usually the main hero can't do much to change things, that passively resist to events. > Cloud can't save his lover, neither Terra can do anything for her world, and Squall is basically lost in a timeloop...Shadow moses mission is basically...a fraud...and Silent Hill is probably just a representantion of Hell. > > Anyway Japan, even if after political struggle, overcome that phase and their productions became extremely more "brigtened". > Instead economical and spiritual crisis invested the West in the 2008 and even if some country "restarted", a good half of western society isn't very optimistic about the future. An higher unemployment rate all over the world, terrorism threat by ISIS, political tension between Traditionalism and Progressivism (the spectre of Communis vs Capitalism revived into this...)...all this lead our society to be a lot less optimistic about future than 10 years ago. > > In this scenario, just like '70, our major artists are representing a decaying world. This is the description of last Nobel Prize for literature, Patrick Modiano, from the Nobel website: > > Even in music, one of the most influencial rock band, Muse, depicts by their songs a world that is ruled and manipulated, and where anything can be done to change things. Compare this with the most influencial rock band from '80, Queens, who singed about being "Princes of the Universe"... And how does this actually have anything to do with me suggesting that maybe if people were more positive and optimistic they might avoid getting flame in their team and win more games? You are basically saying that because some rather "dark" titles sold well in the 90's we should predict from those that the future is going to be dark and because if this prediction we shouldn't be positive in a team play based strategig video game? I am sorry but what you are telling here is something that no one can understand based on your comment and it is kinda far fetched idea to begin with.
You should read again what I wrote on first istance. I just said that even if optimistic words are a good approach to LoL, you can even found some good thinkers who had a very pessimist approach to life. (an example? Sysyphus from Albert Camus) In particular, I stated that modern art is rounded about a pessimistic view of the future. I delivered futher example of what I meant.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jay Kenton,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=EdgJG2aE,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2015-04-17T20:07:52.267+0000) > > I'm not saying that the quote from Lee wasn't a great one, but you definitely doesn't know about modern art. > > I don't know why, but the first person who came at my mind was the Inspector Bloch from Dylan Dog. Care to elaborate? How do modern art have something to do with a mentality to succes? o.O
Well, a lot of modern literature, movies, visual art are centered about "being a loser it's ok"; I'll try to give you an example, I don't know if you can get it. One of the most famous japanese animation is the series called "Evangelion", produced during half of 90'. That's the story of a young boy who has a genetic connection with a giant...bio-robot? called Evangelion. The story is set in 2015 and the world collapsed by climatic changes. Evangelions are the last weapon of mankind against aliens invaders called "Angels". The story is, oddly for a japanese toon, very serious and intense, without real comic relieves, and centered a lot about individual perception instead of dynimic action. It's full of mysticism and religious simbols of course, and the boy is a very sad person with very low self-esteem. Even when he realized that he can be very good at piloting the Evangelion, he still basically realize also that material things are meaningless, and reaching the spiritual world is the final goal of human beings. This concept was the result of economical (and maybe spiritual) crisis that invested Japan during '90, and is reflected in a lot of their "Golden age" productions in video games like Final Fantasies, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Metal Gears or Xenogears. All of these concepts doesn't bring a very "optimistic" view of the future, they want to represent " a very serious crisis", where usually the main hero can't do much to change things, that passively resist to events. Cloud can't save his lover, neither Terra can do anything for her world, and Squall is basically lost in a timeloop...Shadow moses mission is basically...a fraud...and Silent Hill is probably just a representantion of Hell. Anyway Japan, even if after political struggle, overcome that phase and their productions became extremely more "brigtened". Instead economical and spiritual crisis invested the West in the 2008 and even if some country "restarted", a good half of western society isn't very optimistic about the future. An higher unemployment rate all over the world, terrorism threat by ISIS, political tension between Traditionalism and Progressivism (the spectre of Communis vs Capitalism revived into this...)...all this lead our society to be a lot less optimistic about future than 10 years ago. In this scenario, just like '70, our major artists are representing a decaying world. This is the description of last Nobel Prize for literature, Patrick Modiano, from the Nobel website: > Patrick Modiano's works center around subjects like memory, oblivion, identity, and guilt. The city of Paris plays a central role in his writing, and his stories are often based on events that occurred during the German occupation of France during World War II. Even in music, one of the most influencial rock band, Muse, depicts by their songs a world that is ruled and manipulated, and where anything can be done to change things. Compare this with the most influencial rock band from '80, Queens, who singed about being "Princes of the Universe"...
: For all you flamers out there. A great quote from a great man.
> I am really looking forward for all the witty comments about how negativity is the better way. I'm not saying that the quote from Lee wasn't a great one, but you definitely doesn't know about modern art. I don't know why, but the first person who came at my mind was the Inspector Bloch from Dylan Dog.
Cosantoir (EUW)
: Confessions of a noob
> I originally thought Ezreal was a female. You are not very accustomed with animes, are you?
W0ochi (EUW)
: Also, you explaining the whole definition of autism.... Why does this give the whole thing an ironic twist? Your trolling amuses me tho. 8/10 troll
: Explain the correlation. Define autism.
W0ochi (EUW)
: I cant relate to or from your post man ;D can you be more clear in what you mean? Please elaborate where you stand in this discussion and why
Autism is commonly know as the illness of being uncapable to understand point of view of other people. "Auto" in Greek means "himself", so autism = mental disorder of being extremely egocentrical. Now, it's clear It's sarcarsm because people aren't really ill but the mindset of people who doesn't even try to interpret others words is extremely egocentrical. "Autism intensifies" is just minor meme in the internet to joke about egocentrical people at their finest exposition. If you thinks making a joke about mental illness is excessive, I want to tell you a little story: do you know there actually is a ill named "Cretinism", so basically every time you call someone "a cretin" you are joking about an ill.
Father Tios (EUNE)
: However, since Riven won't be using the full cd against Malphite, plainly because of the fact that she has to either cs with the 3rd part, or get outtraded by Malph with the earlier parts (or with 3rd, missing the cs), brings us to the same point, leaving her able to use her q only at ~the maximum time of the cd. (Also, wtf does anything have to do with 30% cdr?) You are speaking as if the Riven were dominating the Malphite, and therefore dictating when and where the trades happen. Which in a game should never be the case. And you base your claim of "most diamonds" on what information? I literally know ZERO diamonds who have ever competed in any event. Edit: Or that care for 5v5 teams either way. Also, you DO realize that to achieve a high rank in soloqueue, you in fact have to PLAY SOLOQUEUE...? Not watch lcs and/or play 5v5 ranked.
As I said, your lack of knowledge isn't a justification. I can say I talked with around 30-40 diamonds players and I don't know anyone of them who at some point never tried to win RP or gadgets in 5v5 tournments. They are so better than people around them that in some situations these are "free RP" for them if they scout well. And I'm talking from Italy, a country without a solid tradition on online gaming. That's because there is a huge skill gap between Diamond V (a rank achievable by anyone with dedication and nerding time) and Diamond I, where basically you have to be naturally gifted to achieve it, so it's quite useless to tryhard if you are not gifted in Dia V because there is also the elo-shifting (that phaenomenon created by Master tier) and only extremely talented people can rank above. Competitive scene =/= lcs. Competitive scene is when you have a team, maybe a guy who manage your issues, you train with your team and you compete in tournments, even local i.e. a tournment hosted in your city sponsorized by a tech. com. who gift mouses or keybords to winners (as I said at some point it's basically free stuff if you are good at the game). These people doesn't play SoloQ to raise the rank but to personally IMPROVE and learn more. So they doesn't care anymore about SoloQ picks and starts to focus on competitive picks like Gnar or Sion, or Maokai for the toplane. Honestly I don't know how these things works in EUNE and I don't want to be offensive to players from north and east (where is common knowledge that best players transfer into EUW), but according your words there seem some differences...
Father Tios (EUNE)
: If you wish, you can feel free to check Riven's statistics on the [wiki Page](http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Riven), including her cooldowns. > There is almost no high tier player who complains about Riven because, as I said, they look more on competitive scene at some point, where Riven is arguably not viable. Based on what? I know fewer high-elo players who actively watch the competitive scene than low-elo players who do. Hell, most of your arguments/comments seem to be based on what you see a certain high-elo player do, rather than on anything else.
This is the demostration you doesn't know Riven, therefore you shouldn't talk about with all this confidence. Here the quotation from the Wiki you linked, hoping this way you can understand: > Broken Wings uses a barrage system that means it can be cast multiple time within a given period at no additional cost. > > Unlike most abilities of this casting type, Broken Wings' cooldown begins after the first cast, instead of the last. So the **external cooldown** is 12 sec (10% base cdr usually), 10 sec at 30% cdr. But the **internal**, the **real cooldown** is around and average of 7; 5 on 30% cdr. So you can ALWAYS manage to stop Malph passive just by Q. Add you can even AA than shield back him. > Based on what? I know fewer high-elo players who actively watch the competitive scene than low-elo players who do. Your lack of knowledge isn't a good justification. Most of Diamond player try to capitalize on their skill playing national or amateur international tournments; so they care more about 5v5 than SoloQ. A low-elo player can't compete even in national events because the mere presence of a Diamond+ (hell, even a Plat) would stop any chance to win the tournment, so they focus on improving the rank or playing 4 fun, instead; both scenarios where the presence of Riven is more decisive than in 5v5, so they use to complain more about.
Father Tios (EUNE)
: Riven, even with ignite, would still need to out-trade Malphite to be able to utilize having the ignite. Otherwise having ignite will just hurt her. There is no way you can stop malphite from farming for good no matter what champion. Malphite can out trade Riven levels 1, 3 and situationally 4/5. After which you should be able to get the cinder thing and a cloth armor unless you simply suck at farming. Malphite's passive is 10 seconds, 8 seconds after 7 and 6 seconds at some point. Riven's q is 13 seconds. Good luck stacking enough cdr in runes to get it below that, and still be able to do ANYTHING on lane. It is kind of funny, really, to see you try to argue over this when you obviously actively play neither of the champions in question. Nor do you know the abilities, or their statistics. Also, you should know that a "psychological advantage" won't work in a high tier game, due to people actually knowing what wards are. Also you consider flask starting being less stats to trade with, when it in-fact increases the effectiveness of the stats you already have, due to providing more health (Including stats from runes). (Deleted & reposted from this account, due to accidentally first posting from one of my smurf-accounts) Edit: Also I would love to point out your great argument on how Riven should destroy malphite (which doesn't work) to be used against aatrox, like, using that AMAZING mobility of her e and q to oh i don't know, dodge any cc aatrox throws towards you.....
Sorry, the simple fact you stated that Riven Q has 13 sec cooldown means you doesn't know how this champion is actually played. I'm not going to argue anymore about trades lvl 1 or 3 because you doesn't know how these champions works, so you have wrong ideas about these matchups and is useless to discuss about. The only good point I argue is that you presume either champions are played at their finest. I respect your point of view but in my opinion is not fully pertinent with the spirit of the topic. There is almost no high tier player who complains about Riven because, as I said, they look more on competitive scene at some point, where Riven is arguably not viable. So they don't care if BoxBox is gonna stomp their toplane a game because generally better team cohordination will cover this. Majority of complain about her comes from mid-tiers players, so I try to analyze their point of view trying to explain why Riven is perceived as an unhealty champion. Now usually Riot works a lot about competitive and a bit less about SoloQ, but in very specific patchs they showed dedication about some SoloQ champions like Fiora (who is another example of champion who is quite ignored in high elo, but feared in low and mid elo) and Darius (incoming patch). I guess Riot take in consideration both issues of high and mid-tier SoloQ to balance this specific kind of champions.
Zanador (EUNE)
: Actually, this is only half true. The main reason why you don't see sustainless tanks on top lane is because the past change in armor penetration. Calculating the % penetration before the flat is a big buff for AD champions, and is in general a nerf to armor. In general, any AD based champion can keep on attacking without restriction until either he dies, his target dies, or the target manages to get away. And despite claims about Riven's ability to chase and tower dive, it is still true, that nearly every bruiser can chase well and has the potential to tower dive a weakened opponent all the same. So if we break it down like this, champions who do not have enough sustain, or the potential to kill their harasser usually have a disadvantage against their attacker in a 1v1 situation. This again, has nothing to do with Riven specifically. And yes, hard cc is the biggest threat to her in lane, but several of her strongest enemies have no, or very little hard cc, like Darius, Yorick Quinn or Olaf. Also: Yes, her ulti is based on execute mechanics, which means it only has it's full potential when the enemy is below 25% HP. To a full hp target even at full build, it deals about 200-250 damage. There are quite many skills in this game that can deal similar amount of damage with one hit at any given point, both AOE and single target ones, and a late game ADC can crit for about the same amount too. This in turn means that the execute mechanics on Riven's ultimate is essentially a disadvantage.
Yeah, more generally I concur about aggressive AD champion counters passive tanks. And Riven is probably the epitome of this gameplay. What she has more than i.e. a Darius is her mobility. It usually translates a single outplay (let's say lvl 3) into a infinite snowball. If Darius can be someway dodgeg, a rampaging Riven is a nightmere for a toplane. When I talked about execute I was referencing how is easy for Riven to get (or "steal" if yiu prefer) kills while roaming. This is annoying from a conservative top who managed her until that moment.
Father Tios (EUNE)
: As Malphite you don't submit to long trades - just like Riven doesn't. They trade in the same way, with different skillsets. However Malphites kit allows him to trade for a LONGER period of time. The fact that a Malphite maxing e will, without boots, be able to outrun tier 1 boots riven by using q despite of her using e to escape. (Considering that she does, in fact, need the q to do any kind of trades and/or lasthit, or choose to stay zoned, either way, win for Malphite.) If you think trading with a sfc rush malphite with Riven's q works, you should read what malph's passive does. If the riven is still able to trade with you, then you need to learn to reset minion aggro to actually use the shield. I don't understand where you think the Riven, getting zoned by Malphite, is going to find sustain? YOU DO REALIZE THAT IF YOU WIN SHORT TRADES YOU DO NOT LET THE OPPONENT COME CS - THIS ALSO DENIES THEM FROM HEALING THROUGH LIFESTEAL.... The problem with your arguments is that you think that the other players who aren't riven aren't using their kits correctly or at all, while the riven is. Singed: level 3 or 4, when you have all skills, you should be able to fling + slow the Riven when she comes to fight you - thereforce forcing her to tank your poison that in fact, hits for far longer than her shield lasts for. After flinging her she will, also, be behind your line of minions, meaning that if she plans to continue trading instead of running away as fast as possible, well, the Singed should just enjoy the free damage the riven takes. Most tanks don't outscale Riven lategame, due to her often building a lot of armor penetration and sustain - they just don't have what it takes to kill her anymore (alone). Exceptions to this is tanks with high built-in sustain, like Mundo. Most tanks in fact outscale Riven quite near level 6, depending on the champion. Aatrox should in no case be able to win Riven, at any point of the game due to being so squishy and he should never be able to out trade or farm against a Riven. I SHOULD PROBABLY NOTE HERE THAT MALPHITE'S PASSIVE HAS A LOWER CD THAN RIVENS Q. AT ALL RANKS/LEVELS.
Riven should try to stop Malphite before Sfc rush. This is expecially possible if Riven brings Ignite (Malphite probably will run stndard TP). Honestly I don't want disucsso how Ignite is a bad choice in toplane. The reality is that even if outscaled on the long run, Riven's players should adopt Ignite to fully play her gamestyle. If Riven isn't played in competitive is because she needs and Ignite to be truly effective and she is definitely outscaled by passive players + good teleports. Internal cooldown of Riven Q is around 6 - 8 secs (depends by runes), so honestly I don't see why you keep saying the Malph passive is lower - it isn't. The problem of Singed is that yes, if he flings Riven he got an advantage, but he just can't fling her becuse she will abuse of her mobility. Also, both Singed both Malphite have SEVERE manacost and in this meta a flask is quite mandatory - even less stats to trade. About Aatrox: he has an extremely safe method to farm in his E. Aatrox is that kind of champion that can remain all the time under his tower to farm. On the long run he will lose the tower but he has this huge psychological advantage about how he can create windows to effective ganks.
Father Tios (EUNE)
: A well played Malphite shits on Riven. Edit: And I don't play Singed, but after briefly thinking of the theory of the matchup, Singed should be able to beat her as well.
Usually Malphite relies a lot on armor to trade with Riven and AD (not AP) to farm. The problem with this strategy is that, differently from i.e. Olaf or Pantheon, Malphite can't have a good trade against riven if Riven know what to do. If Malhpite choose to max E, Riven can play conservatively and just outsustain by Q him abusing AA resets. If Malphite max Q, Riven can wait to shield it then free dps on Malph. Armor is a wise choice to outtrade Riven but this is only true if Riven mismanage the sustain et/or is ganked by a dedicated jungler. A stackin' armor Malphite isn't going to be a real issue to Riven, because she can just free farm, build bruta and eventually freezing or roaming. The last option is the scariest for you team. Singed has an unimpressive early game where he basically aim to stack mana and healt, not damage nor armor. Expecially lvl 1 this can be abused by Riven who can even half his lifebar. The only response of Singed would be a Fling (probably the wisest move if Riven already used all 3 Q, to put her into your minions) or activating Venom, resulting anywere in a poor trade where he would lose precious mana. Singed will suffer early mobility of Riven; also, is exactly that kind of a trade where Riven can just start 20% cdr lvl 1 spamming shields. Any tank can outscale Riven on lategame but her aggressive setup stops them from farm safety. Tops with decisive sustain, like Mundo, Zac or Aatrox, can seriously outplay Riven so I would consider these skill matchups. Aatrox, in particular, has a strong and unexpected harrass tool that is quite perfect to keep Riven around 50-60% hp. This is the best scenario to play againt her becase she will aim to push the lane but her poor regeneration will be decisive to open a large window of gank to your jungler. Also, in this particular scenario usually Riven aim to get a kill, anyway Aatrox passive will prevent an unexpected burst on him by Riven's ulti.
Xa3k (EUW)
: Matchmaking is still useless (Another post yes)
it's a normal, I think nobody was tryharding there anyway. Anyway I love your build, did you evolved Q first?
: Maybe I just don't play Toplane enough, but I've never really had a problem being against a Riven. I can definitely see how shes frustrating to handle, but you just have to respect her superior trading and power in lane and know when you can/cant fight her, shes not that difficult to figure out. Still, I do see 'Nerf Riven' Threads almost daily, so perhaps she does need tweaking. Personally I think Nidalee is broken, but that is just me.
Riven has some extremely good matchups aganst some "cool" but unpopular toplaners. The mere presence of Riven, i.e. is one of the strongest reason why we don't usually see unsustained tanks (like Singed or Malphite) in toplane. Also, her roaming potential is quite annoying. She is also useless against some specific top rounded about hardcc. The real point is that her midgame is just too huge if she get an early kill. Thats dpedends by a combination of 2 issues: 1 A lot of free damage: having no mana means she can aim a lot to aggressive assoult in order to keep low the enemy HP. 2 Her ulti is based on execute mechanics. It benefits a lot by low-hp enemies.
Steel (EUW)
: Damn It What Happened To Fiddle
Plat+: 52,63%, according to champion.gg
: Is it just me or is Fizz extremely over rated?
Have you played him in this free week? Because if you haven't, setup him with just tons of AS from runes/masteries and try him in the jungle. First of all, he never feel the issue of mana if you play him correctly. You just need to press W and you will clear easy. After you build the first item (usually Botrk/Devourer or a mix of bilgewater + glacial shroud) he shouldn't suffer hp issue. In particular I noticed Devourer is the best choice for farming because you will clear so fast that the machete passive / red-regen will just heal you as much or faster than you get damage. Fizz passive works quite well in the jungle. He never truly falls off lategame because his mobility make him a very good flanker and his damages are very sustained and well-suited against tanks. The weakness I noticed is about his midgame if not fed by early ganks. He CLEARLY is outdueled mostly by tops or jungle bruisers. He can still outplay mages, supports and carries (even if hit by a cc he will die quite easily) and make good trades against tanks. I've found him a extremely more playful and fresh (le joke has arrived) version of Master Yi.
Dodgem (EUW)
: When to pick Lucian?
When Graves is banned.
: Shen in the jungle
Challenging Smite does not scale with AS.
Mimijin (EUNE)
: Sejuani is really good at early-mid game. Her late game is zero.
The fuck are you saying xd.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jay Kenton,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=kGdEl9GN,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2015-03-18T11:52:50.874+0000) > > Actually if people were forced to learn math by solving Rocket Science, they would improve at it much faster than gradually learning. Yeah because as we know, you can solve those things from the first grade in school, because all mathematics are as simple as addtions. 4k years humanity did it wrong, thank the powers that be you appeared and enlightened us. Some people are really silly..... Anyway you all missed the obvious gents: Op still is not 30 and hasnt farmed enought IP to even get runes. OFC he is going to be rofl stomped regardless of champions. There is a huge difference in runes and masteries availability or not. Op dont fret, reach 30 and then start worrying about improving. Right now all you have to do is learn how the game and the champs work.
You missed the obvious: he needs to be stomped to improve.
ChiTenshi (EUW)
: That's like trying to teach someone Math and giving them an equation involving Rocket Science to solve. People have to learn stuff gradually, if they could learn stuff instantly everyone would be a genius.
Actually if people were forced to learn math by solving Rocket Science, they would improve at it much faster than gradually learning. That's why chinese kids stomps american kids in sciences, because they are forced to learn very complex language and to study the learning plan in Chemistry of a western high school in junior schools. There is only a way to improve and is to start to compete against the best. To avoid humiliation, pain and suffer is the strongest motivation. Sympathetic education makes weak people.
: they should just buff devourer back to a reasonable state. seeing that they nerfed it only due to ww who isnt a problem anymore i think they can buff it back. they should at least let it start at 40 dmg on hit again.
Even if this is true, I think they should looking for something more complex that the old devourer if they want to bring more diversity into the jungle. Because the meta of tanks was always oppressive and without a real counterplay.
Rioter Comments
: What's Arcade Sona? Did you mean DJ Sona? XD
I'm not sure but I think Arcade Sona was the name the skin was referenced before the actual teaser; let's say Arcade was the name they gave her during the internal beta testing.
TBadger (EUW)
: The new Mordekaiser will be compleatly unviable
> So point A), if he's supposed to build tankier, this means that he'll be getting items that lean towards health regeneration, and be much less likely to buy spell vamp items. So why encourage people to think of him as more of a tank champion, and then nerf that stats that support that build? Extremely good point. You are one who didn't jumped immediately on the "muh damage" bandwagon.
GripaAviara (EUNE)
: What should Riot Lovers Undestand
That's definitely a good analysys and I apprecciate your effort. Anyway, I think you, just for simplicity sake, haven't factorized some crucial points: These are the 2 most important I can focus for now: 1: People playing from S1 and S2. I think their presence mess a lot. I think that most of the guys who play from S1 are at least Diamond 5 by default, just because they are extremely experienced. At the same time, as Diamond+ Tier is less than 5%, I can also imagine that a big part of D+ are people who play from S1. Now you can argue that as they played more than 4 years they should deserve it, and this is true. But look for a moment to people who started during the end of S2. I see people that after 3000 games are still low platinum. I'm quite sure that if they started with the old system, with the same exact number of games, they would have been Diamond 5. Now be honest, does anybody thinks that after so many changes everything that happened before S3 (the season when meta was HARDLY cemented by LCS) should matter so much about S5 elo? 2 Eloboosting. Boosting is something extreme. I can't even blame the boosters. I mean I don't see how someone should refuse to help his girlfriend to reach Gold or Plat. I will not digress about this but I think matchmaking is higly fucked by this.
Show more

Jay Kenton

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion