Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Lord Bucea (EUNE)
: How did this happen
M8 ive had games where i went from having a full game of plats and golds in both teams to a full game of bronzes in both teams. One time we had a diamond against two iron rankers and vice-verse. There is no MMR, it's just a lie from riot to think you can progress but realistically they just try to fix your win rate. I've been at a perma 50/50 win rate forever with over 3000 games.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
blissbomb (EUW)
: Seems messy. It's a little like Pyke. No defined build or playstyle really.
> [{quoted}](name=blissbomb,realm=EUW,application-id=Mpd1UjGe,discussion-id=OYkv9kIh,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-07T23:45:33.951+0000) > > Seems messy. It's a little like Pyke. No defined build or playstyle really. It's quite literally the same exact kit but instead has skill shots and more cc. Literally the same kit m8 lol. Also, absolutely none of this is even remotely like pyke in any way at all. What a weird comment.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Joetri10,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=thbFEJUd,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2018-04-18T15:48:31.182+0000) > > I'm pretty confident it's rigged to the factors that are a common theme. (Premades, history of quitting/getting reported, etc etc) Being 'pretty confident' isn't enough when talking about something being rigged, either you provide sources or you don't make any claims as if they are valid points.
> [{quoted}](name=NU Male official,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=thbFEJUd,comment-id=00000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-04-18T16:40:52.811+0000) > > Being 'pretty confident' isn't enough when talking about something being rigged, either you provide sources or you don't make any claims as if they are valid points. My source and proof is there is in now way that someone can play a game for over 3/4 years, have over 3000 recorded games, and somehow after all this, have a fixed 50/50 for over 6 months. It doesn't happen.
archerno1 (EUNE)
: 2.4k likes, 300 dislikes. Thats around 85%+ people liking it. "90% of community didnt want it". How about you dont pull numbers out of your ass and look at actual numbers? It looks quite good for 975 skin.
> [{quoted}](name=archerno1,realm=EUNE,application-id=Mpd1UjGe,discussion-id=pwhTdhHc,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-08T23:18:06.138+0000) > > 2.4k likes, 300 dislikes. Thats around 85%+ people liking it. "90% of community didnt want it". How about you dont pull numbers out of your ass and look at actual numbers? It looks quite good for 975 skin. The evelynn reddit thread has a huge, and i mean HUGE dislike ratio. People who play the champion hate it. They do not play it.
Alunary (EUW)
: Lobby Not Availabe: Not Connected to Internet?
Yup, i have this problem. I've been too lazy to figure out why. It started for me about a week ago.
Rioter Comments
: The system won't predict your performance or your team's before the game starts, there are way too many variables including the decisions of all players to be able to do something like this, so the system isn't calculating how to exactly keep you at 50% wr. 50%wr is just what you get when you're as good as your opponents. When equal in skill and one player must win, there's always a 50% chance. The more games you play the more this will even out, and unless you are at a higher skill level than what you are matched against, your winrate will always be around 50%.
> [{quoted}](name=NU Male official,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=thbFEJUd,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2018-04-15T12:42:34.146+0000) > > The system won't predict your performance or your team's before the game starts, there are way too many variables including the decisions of all players to be able to do something like this, so the system isn't calculating how to exactly keep you at 50% wr. 50%wr is just what you get when you're as good as your opponents. When equal in skill and one player must win, there's always a 50% chance. The more games you play the more this will even out, and unless you are at a higher skill level than what you are matched against, your winrate will always be around 50%. I'm pretty confident it's rigged to the factors that are a common theme. (Premades, history of quitting/getting reported, etc etc)
GLurch (EUW)
: Actually, you having a 50/50 win/loss ratio is exactly what's telling us that the system works. The system tries matching you with and against players of equal skill, meaning generally, there should always be a 50% chance of winning and a 50% chance of losing. This won't mean it's impossible for you to climb: You'll simply have to set the standards of the enemies and teammates you get matched with a little bit higher by improving yourself. If you get better, you will in turn win more games. Since the goal of the matchmaking system is to keep games even for everyone, it will then match you with better enemies and teammates that should correspond to your skill.
But ive been playing this game for 4 years on and off and my skill set with both Evelynns are much much higher than my other champions, yet the W/L ratio is pretty much identical anyway. I don't feel i'm getting better, i'm just not throwing games as hard as those on either team. I'm almost winning or losing entirely at random just for the sake of the system putting me at 50/50.
Rioter Comments
WoOxèr (EUW)
: I dont understand what to complain about that rework made her better than before, Ult gives huge burst dmg and also blinks out (escape ability), heals passively in stealth and got charm extra CC which is easily catchable by her fast Q animation.
Because you never played the old evelynn. Her ult's escape is actually much worse in most situations than what her W provided. Her passive heal is ok, but her old passive healed mana, and with a healing item, Evelynn just healed through life steal. Thus the Mana essentially became health. Her q's animation is actually slower than her old Q, and though you may call it nice cc, her old alt actually provided a slow, and a shield, and was aoe. Used correctly it was a much easier to execute CC than the charm that is easily counter-able if you just play smarter. What she has may look more flashy, but what she was able to do before was actually BETTER.
Rioter Comments
Solash (EUW)
: PBE isn't designed for balancing. There aren't that many players on it, and the skill levels are so varied that's it's almost impossible to get proper data on champion power. PBE is just there to make sure stuff doesn't break when it's released
Best leave it to that 1% who gets past the ban hype train then. Good idea.
Solash (EUW)
: Out of the question If a new champion does end up being disgustingly overpowered, players need a way to be able to prevent them being played
> [{quoted}](name=Solash,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=U2cqxrPH,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-10-12T09:00:53.740+0000) > > Out of the question > > If a new champion does end up being disgustingly overpowered, players need a way to be able to prevent them being played the PTR stands for a reason. If a champion goes through it overpowered, it shouldn't be released.
: When did I say you cannot?
> [{quoted}](name=Taka No Yaíba,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=U2cqxrPH,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-12T08:15:19.655+0000) > > When did I say you cannot? You're assuming i mean ranked. I mean overall. That includes draft. I play draft, they ban in draft. Thanks for your understanding.
: You're not supposed to pick the reworked champion right away in your ranked matches. You'll have to try them out in blind pick first.
> [{quoted}](name=Taka No Yaíba,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=U2cqxrPH,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-10-12T07:41:36.745+0000) > > You're not supposed to pick the reworked champion right away in your ranked matches. You'll have to try them out in blind pick first. I didn't say ranked.
Rioter Comments
Cagniant (EUW)
: Delete Vayne from the game
You harass her early game and deny her farm. You do not 1v1 her. Vayne is top tier late game, however early and mid game, she is trash if kept at check.
: > [{quoted}](name=Joetri10,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=wEJo31k1,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-09-28T02:02:03.050+0000) > > Ekko can dash over walls. His ult is also a heal, its much more reliable. Zed too, can W over walls, or use his shadows to go back to. Talon can jump over walls. Khazix can reset jump over walls. Leblanc can.... You see where i'm heading with this? > none of them aside from Ekko use their ults as disengage. Infact even Elise, Lee Sin, Kata, Fizz! > Actually, can we name ANY other Assassin in the game that cannot jump or disengage with a basic spell aside from Rengar and for the most part, Akali. Eve probably can jump over walls too, if she has vision and her new passive heals her if im not mistaken. Furthermore, she get movement speed from this. You want her E to be a skillshot to jump over walls, but then you cant have the "follow your target" mechanic.
> [{quoted}](name=UltimateMC,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=wEJo31k1,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-28T02:11:16.932+0000) > > Eve probably can jump over walls too, if she has vision and her new passive heals her if im not mistaken. Furthermore, she get movement speed from this. > You want her E to be a skillshot to jump over walls, but then you cant have the "follow your target" mechanic. Eve's (current) target radius for her E is too short. Maybe she can hit Gromp? And even then she needs vision (not even Elise needs that) If they buffed the radius of it, great, but she still needs vision, and then going into combat that way will prevent her from procing the stealth (if i believe is to be correct; as she's technically in combat) Her E doesn't even NEED to go over walls anyway, it's not important to her now either. It's the speed buff i want from her new E. I want it to be accessible at any time, as like Dark Frenzy.
: You've mentioned other assassins like Zed, Ekko etc. All of them use their ult as disengage. While I see your point I disagree (for now) with you. This change gives eve an more reliable, easier and better disengage, even when it's single use in teamfights. You dont want and assassin who does not need their ult to kill their target or get away afterwards.
> [{quoted}](name=UltimateMC,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=wEJo31k1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-09-28T01:53:58.261+0000) > > You've mentioned other assassins like Zed, Ekko etc. All of them use their ult as disengage. While I see your point I disagree (for now) with you. This change gives eve an more reliable, easier and better disengage, even when it's single use in teamfights. You dont want and assassin who does not need their ult to kill their target or get away afterwards. Ekko can dash over walls. His ult is also a heal, its much more reliable. Zed too, can W over walls, or use his shadows to go back to. Talon can jump over walls. Khazix can reset jump over walls. Leblanc can.... You see where i'm heading with this? none of them aside from Ekko use their ults as disengage. Infact even Elise, Lee Sin, Kata, Fizz! Actually, can we name ANY other Assassin in the game that cannot jump or disengage with a basic spell aside from Rengar and for the most part, Akali. ~~ You're quite mistaken, it's the polar opposite, Evelynn has one of the WORST engages for an assassin now because the pay off distance is just not good enough.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: We are Number One but with League of Legends
The most annoying part about this post is i just closed youtube to get away from this fucking meme and HERE IT IS ANYWAY! lol
: BANNED for MMR BOOSTING
This is fucking shameful!! Should really have been banned for toxic behaviour and Afk'ing :|
CV Kalen (EUNE)
: I dont think I was wrong to pick lee, I picked a champ out of my pool that could do the best job to protect my adc, and unfornuately as it is an account that I havent played on a whole lot due to real life commitments, I havent bought many champs on it. Whether I dont have a decent support is irrelevelant and illustartes how bad this community, you berate me for playing lee sin but are totally fine with an adc not doing his job in the vision and map control aspect, no matter what tier your in common sense is easy and nothing any of you can say that excuses soemone from this, im fed up defending myself and my actions I protected my adc all game even when he was being toxic towards me and he even reported me!!
Dude, the support should be the one MAINTAINING vision control and Lee Sin is not a VIABLE PICK for a balanced team. This isn't an argument, it's just what it is. There's no whether, but, because etc. To be honest; i'd probably have reported you too.
Praes (EUNE)
: The adc has 2 wards, and the support has none, the adc should just ward the bush. It's not the supports job to sustain vision on his own, and where did you get that rule that it's the support's job to keep it warded?
The support is mainly the one who should be affording the pinks. That last sentence blows my mind. But then we wouldn't be here if stupid stuff wasn't being said.
CV Kalen (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Joetri10,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zO9TZQmv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-12-13T05:42:46.706+0000) > > Ok, well first, don't play Lee Sin as a support. > It's good that you were warding, he should be warding too but i'd like to know just exactly where you was asking him to ward. Often times as an adc, i like to save the wards for specific fights; if i need range, if the support is currently out of wards or if we are setting up an objective. Sometimes using a ward because you have a ward is a bit wasteful. Totally disagree, if played right lee sin is absolutely viable my build was for the team and not myself as I always do when I play ranked. The brush in question was the brush in the river so i had vision while mine was on cd, resulting me having ample time to protect my adc he refused point blank, he had the trinket maxed out to 2 wards available all game he could of used one and still had another in reserve.
In no way is Lee sin a viable support in comparison to the potential loss of a more powerful pick. That brush should be pinked, that's on you to maintain that.
CV Kalen (EUNE)
: The shocking of a bronze adc and his teammates
Ok, well first, don't play Lee Sin as a support. It's good that you were warding, he should be warding too but i'd like to know just exactly where you was asking him to ward. Often times as an adc, i like to save the wards for specific fights; if i need range, if the support is currently out of wards or if we are setting up an objective. Sometimes using a ward because you have a ward is a bit wasteful.
Johs107 (EUNE)
: Dude, you've been dissing me so hard for 4 posts straight, now you turn on a dime... I'd be careful with my language if I were you, the way you've been talking down to me is pretty infuriating. Anyways, this post exists because not having normal draft pick is ruining EUNE, and I'm shedding light on yet another aspect of how it's doing so. I'm voicing my frustration with the current state of EUNE, in the hopes that Riot will reconsider (however slim the chance may be). In regards to there only being a handful of champions that require specific knowledge to use as intended, that depends on how you define intended. Yes I agree that there are not many champions who _require_ knowledge to play them at a basic decent level, but I would argue that for most players, no matter their rank or general mechanical skill, playing a champion 5-10 games greatly improves the succes you'll find on them, if not because of specific mechanics, then because you'll better be able to calculate your damage output and intake, and have a greater understanding of item and level breakpoints. On the champions I'm comfortable with I know exactly at which level and with which items I can beat any specific toplane champion, as well as what amount of risk is involved in going for which plays. This is intricate matchup knowledge I don't have a chance of having (at least not in my muscle-memory/instinctive), unless I've already played said matchup several times against approximately equally skilled players. For instance, I know that Jayce has tremendous pressure on Maokai until first back, at which point he cannot kill the Maokai unless Maokai actively engages a fight while pushed up, until Jayce has got a black cleaver, at which point an extended fight will favor him, if he manages to play around Maokais limited manapool. I know that Poppy cannot kill a good Graves top (when he was played there more often than jungle) until she has completed sunfire, but after that she can beat him in medium-long trades, even without stunning on her e. This kind of knowledge is important to me, since I do not play very mechanically challenging champions, and this kind of knowledge means that I will destroy any laner who does not have it, for instance if they've never played Maokai into Jayce, or Graves into Poppy, and therefor don't know that the dynamics of the matchups change when Poppy and Jayce reach those item breakpoints. And I've honestly never met anyone (since I was in gold) who trolled their teammates by saying stuff like that in a ranked game. I've generally only played with 5 people who said "first time x champion" in a ranked game, and since 3 of them have been in flexqueue during the last 1-2 weeks, I felt it was something I had to put out there as a problem. What's more relevant though, is the fact that Flex queue is being treated like normal draft by a portion of the population, which makes it a very unpleasent experience for the people who wish to tryhard, and that I wish they would bring back normal draft, cause I miss that there's a place where you can both go a champion for the first time, and play a game worth playing (which teaches you something, which I find blindpick to not generally do).
Psychology. I did it to draw out the frustrations as your original post lacked extensive meaning. For me, when i talk about champions that require unique knowledge, i talk about those with unique features to their kit. Reksai or Bard for example. Though to some extent i agree that certain champions need overall practice to get precise, like Zed or Riven. But; people who play good enough to get to such a tier as Diamond surely would have played enough of these types of champions in the run up to their level. I don't know how long you have been playing but from what i saw, you have been between Diamond and Plat for 3 years. I would be pretty surprised to find out that you have not played ALMOST every champion a good amount of times, just because 3-4 years is a long time. I still have a hard time believing that any high level tier player wouldn't have strong knowledge of every champion, or at-least enough. But i get it, Box Box and Tyler 1 show playing mains can be significant. At the end of the day, you'll get a lot of people asking ' but you're playing YOUR main, you should be able to carry or make a big participation'. You're lane knowledge i don't doubt, you're more educated than i am, but many people will emphasis that the laning phase is not always the most important Flex queue isn't the one encouraging that behaviour, it's just how it's always been. What you're saying has always happened long before flex. Maybe you just never noticed until now.
Johs107 (EUNE)
: I don't even know where to start.. So I'll start from the bottom. What I mean by new champion is a champion they haven't played personally more than 2-3 times. Like the guy who went 1st time Elise in my game, or first time Ziggs. Just because a player has gotten to diamond or whereever, doesn't mean they've played all champions, and the difference between having played a champion 0 and 5 times, is the same as the difference between having played it 5 and 20, is the same as the difference between 20 and 50, is the same as 50 and 100, so if they get matched against someone who's played 35 games of their champion, and they're played 1st or 3rd time Ziggs (or whatever), they're bound to get shit on, cause they won't know how to play the lane. Second paragraph from the bottom: Which tier games is that? The games range from 2 low diamonds and 3 platinums to 5 mid-high diamond, so it's pretty up and down what kind of gameplay is displayed in each. My mentality is always "I will do my best, if I lose it's because the enemy is better", which is the only mentality that makes me improve, but that's a hard thing to keep feeling when my midlaner keeps Ziggs-ulting waves he could have cleared with q, because he doesn't know how much damage he deals, or my botlane dies 10 times to a master tier jayce adc, then builds 6 tear's each. What I crave is quality games, not elo, and that's what I find to be lacking in flex-queue at the moment. Third paragraph: I have no opinion on "how the game should be played". I don't care if people play all roles or just one, if they play many champs or otp, both are fine by me, if they actually try their best, which on EUNE, in flexqueue, is not the case at the moment, from my experience (notice how I made that incredibly specific and underlined that it's an opinion not a fact?). I don't know what you mean by "Hard feeding" is laughed at, when a player dies at level 1 or 2, that's fine, when they get towerdove and killed, noone has a problem with that, that's a failing on the team to respond, I agree, but when a player is unable to understand that they're at a deficit and now need to lose lane gracefully and let themselves be carried, and they instead keep picking fights, keep trading aggressively, keep playing up, and keep dying, that is to me considered hard feeding, and below the standards which most players exhibit in my current elo. Lots of people lose lane, and sometimes, depending on matchup and junglepressure, they lose big, but if they adjust their buildpaths and decisionmaking accordingly, then they're giving their teammates a chance to carry. When they don't do that, but instead die again and again trying the same fights that didn't work the first 4 times, that's considered feeding, and those are the games that are considered unwinable. Also, until you've actually played a game or three in diamond 5 (which everyone who's played there knows is the closest to an elo hell that exists, even though we all agree elo hell is a bullshit excuse), your opinion of whether or not there's feeders in high elo games is completely irrelivant to me. Thanks for educating me on what a pocket pick is (even if you did it in a snarky, %%%%y way <3), and I'm sorry people disagreed with your picks and flamed you for them. I personally have no problem with people playing non-meta champions, if they're good at them; meaning, they understand the mechanics of the champion, and they understand how the champion should play in lane and in the rest of the game to gain advantages and ultimately win; not meaning, that they have to be succesful every game, cause none of us are succesful every game. Top paragraph: I don't understand on what authority you're speaking of the difference between high elo and low elo games, I've played in both tiers, I've had lots of quality games in mid-high elo, I've had lots of non-quality games in mid-high elo. Btw, the thing you say about expectations, sounds to me a lot like what I'm saying: I expect people to play with a base understanding of the game and the champion they've chosen to pick in a ranked game, and I get disappointed when they do not excibit this understanding in their gameplay. That's my problem, that their understanding and their skill-level is way below what I expect of them, seeing as they're in my game and should as a result be about as good or bad as I am. For the record, I'm playing mostly with premade teammates this season because I'm practicing with a 5-man ranked team, so-as to further improve as a player, by accessing a level of macro play and team cohesion not accessible in low-diamond soloqueue. And because it's a ton of fun playing with a 5-man against equally skilled opponents, where every little mistake will be punished, and the games are won based on plays made as a team, not on laningphase or on someone getting caught out. Also, fuck you for downplaying my personal achievement of getting diamond IV, that shit is not cool, and you have nothing to base it on whatsoever.
If you understand all of that, then i don't understand why this thread exists. Either your angry that EUNE is the only server (i think?) that only has Flex or you're easily triggered by people who i personally think are joking with you. I don't know many high tier players who have never played a champion more than an acceptable amount of times and even if that is the case, only a distinct handful of champions require specific mechanically knowledge to use as intended, though Elise is one of those. Maybe you're just also getting people who have been carried by premade teams too, after all, in a normal, i was set with a diamond player myself and he sucked the most in the team, and that's not uncommon for me. Honestly you're clearly just over-thinking everything. I'd trust in the people who tell you they are new to the champ because in ranked, that's a common joke.
Krovean (EUW)
: no more "S" at the game's end
Depends on the champion you play and the clean mechanics. It counts how many misplays you do, it really does.
Johs107 (EUNE)
: You somehow seem to be under the impression that your game knowledge and knowledge of what it means to be good at league of legends far exceeds mine, and I can't for the life of me figure out why you would feel that. Yes, I'm a toplaner, that's what I play, that's what I enjoy, I play support or jungle when I get put there by the system, but top is what I play, and top is where I climb. Yes, I play a very limited amount of champions at any given moment. I do this because that's the easiest way to climb. When you play only 2-3 champions, you know their mechanics perfectly, you know the wierd little bugs and exploits they have, you know all their matchups and item powerspikes intrinsically, and every time you go up against a champion (except for very rarely played things), you have a fresh memory of playing the matchup, which you can draw on in order to have greater success in this game than the last one. Some players don't like this strategy, but a lot of players do, and then they change their 3-4 played champions based on the meta, and their personal enjoyment. Throughout my 2 years of playing lol (maybe 1 and a half in toplane) I have played Gnar, Trundle, Irelia, Nautilus, Maokai, Malphite, Rumble, Kennen, Jayce, Yasuo, Fiora, Graves. At the current moment, I play mostly Poppy (cause I have very high success on her, and the team I play with when 5-manning generally wants a tank top since our support gravitates towards ranged supports), but also play Rumble, Kennen, Jayce, Trundle and Maokai, depending on the matchup and teamcomp. Perhaps some players are able to have their mechanics and knowledge on a lot of champions up to date, but I've found that my muscle memory falls off after not very long of not playing a champion, so I prefer to do it this way. I don't know what you mean about pocket picks (I thought pocket picks where slightly non meta champions that are played in/against certain teamcomps because they are strong there, and the enemy might not have an answer to it), but all I'm saying is that in my attempt at making sense of how I was going toe to toe with players who should objectively be destroying me, I decided it had to be that they weren't taking the game as seriously, or trying as hard, as me. And I would argue that a lot of players (even in masters I presume) don't play every role, let alone every champion, in the game at an equal skill level, and I know for a fact how much worse I personally am on a completely new champ. Assuming at least some other people (not all, just some) are like me, a masters player playing a champ for the first 5 times, could easily have less impact on a game than I would. Also, _Hard feeding_ -Sigh-... Is that you taking a stab at my match-history?
Honestly for some reason, everything you say just screams 'Carried'. There's a very different distinct understanding of this game when it comes to high tier and low tier expectations and knowledge as well as the approach and skill set level. You are a top laner, but your opinion seems to be set that everyone should only be expected to be best at one lane. For example, i am a jungler, however i do best as ADC and Support, yet my best champions are mid laners. You seem to do Poppy, and you roll ranked with it. Doing so is fine in low tier; to get you out of the rank you shouldn't be in, but you seem to think that if a champion isn't a face-roll champion (of which, Poppy most certainly is), that they aren't playing the game correctly to your standards. Terms like 'Hard Feeding' are laughed at. There isn't, or certainly should not be any opinion of feeding in high tier games and if such a thing has happened, someone is at fault and it's normally everyone for letting that happen. In lower tier, Hard Feeding is a thing because there's a low understanding of team play, build countering and farming with objectives You also seem to lack understanding of a lot of terminology that should be basic to you. A 'pocket pick' is just a Champion that is not 'Meta' but they feel they do exceptionally well with, it is in essence, their favourite champion. For me, that was Evelynn and Ashe back when they were dead. The approach i had from others was always anger because to them, 'they were not good picks' and it affected their playing immediately, spamming 'report because of Evelynn pick'. This sounds like the EXACT same thing you're doing just by your original post alone. In-fact, i have a jungle main friend who refuses to play with me most times because when i do play Ranked, i fill instead of going ADC because 'it's my best roll, why play support?' and honestly, i do just as well in most lanes as i do ADC. It's a joke. As i said before, you should not be going into such tier games with the thought process of 'They are there because of who they pick, and it's the queue's fault'. My genuine opinion right now is that you got to where you are now with premade teams of your own friends, people you trust. In recent 'Solo-queue' ladders, that's been painfully obvious and you seem to fit that example. You're now in a Queue that doesn't fit your last season and your lack of understanding is coming through very strong. In master and Challanger tier, you're most likely going to see 'mains' because of the influence of the LCS. You have to prove what you're strong at after all. But that doesn't mean they are useless in other lanes, they just don't want to favour it. Plus, i don't understand this 'completely new champion' rubbish. The only chance you're going to see this happening is with the released champs like Camille or Ivern and even then, you won't be seeing Master or Challengers playing this against you unless they have already practised before-hand, which they most certainly do.
: WILL THE NEW CLIENT BE EVER GOOD ANY TIME SOON ?
I just want them to give us the option of keeping it.
SSW Vail (EUW)
: My Request to Riot Games about my account
You used a Script didn't you aha. You know, the ticket would have worked if they felt you were innocent. Riot doesn't have time to read your life story also. Sorry man, but it's your fault.
Ningar (EUW)
: WTF is this beggining of season?
Hmm, this sounds familiar. oh yeh! The server warning!
Johs107 (EUNE)
: I don't think you're even understanding what I'm saying dude??? I'm not meeting master tier players in Blind pick (well that too, but that's pretty normal), I'm meeting them in Flex Queue. For instance, I went up against this guys http://eune.op.gg/summoner/userName=wildcards and this guy http://eune.op.gg/summoner/userName=tomsolomid in the same game (it was with a 5-man group and I expect that they were a 5-man too), and won the game by an overwhelming majority. A few games later I went up against this guy http://eune.op.gg/summoner/userName=sebbedan, this guy http://eune.op.gg/summoner/userName=%C3%AD%C3%AE%C3%ACstark, and this guy http://eune.op.gg/summoner/userName=nicram and got absolutely crushed along with my 5-man. Of games I've played in a trio or duo, I've met master tier players at least 4 times (though you're right, that the challenger players we went up against were only in the 5-man squads), they've mostly been the junglers, so while the only master tier player I've won lane against (as far as I know, I don't actually check lolnexus before games, so it's only when playing with a guy who does or when they have the masters icon on that I know) was the Urgot main, who I killed 3 times in lane and farmed even with, but who eventually made better plays for his team than I was able to, I don't think the claims I'm making are actually false. I do feel like you're talking out your ass though, stuff like "makes you look worse" is not an argument, it's not based in a fact, and it's completely irrelevant whether you feel I look bad, as long as what I'm saying is true. And then a cheapshot at the fact that I play a lot of Poppy.. Interestingly enough, one of the things I really want from normal draft is to expand my championpool, which I feel is almost not even worth doing in blind, since my opponent generally doesn't pressure or play the lane properly at all. It's like smurfing, one game is fine, but once you start smurfing for several games you start playing at a lower level yourself, cause you stop focusing on map awareness, wave-management, small but favorable trades and so on, which is really important (at least to me) to be a succesful toplaner in my elo. Oh, and one more thing, I think you're taking the "not playing their best champions or roles" thing way too litterally. I may have misspoken, and for that I'm sorry, all I'm saying is that if I'm against a diamond 1 or a master tier support main, who's now playing Gangplank for the first time while I'm playing my most played and best champion in the role I'm most comfortable with, I might have a chance. If however, I was playing into a diamond 1 or master tier player (or challenger) who's playing one of their main roles and one of their strongest meta champions, I expect I wouldn't stand a chance. This claim is not based on research or fact, but simply my way of trying to understand, how I can continuously win games against master players, without anyone on their team hard-feeding. That is all, now see if you can muster a response without some sort of diss or cheap shot in it.
You somehow seems to be under the impression that playing a champion a lot in recent time is a more significant thing than if they mastered the champion and went months without playing them. I don't understand how you can think this unless your champion pool is horrifically small, which when i looked, it was, and it was all top lane. Your entire argument about Flex is invalid when this sort of thing happened anyway, even in normal queue. I have to wonder, are you arguing the idea that they are playing pocket picks instead of your own opinionated meta picks? Because from what i can see, these players are consistent. This has always been a thing. Also, *Hard feeding* -Sigh-...
Johs107 (EUNE)
: Well that's not very nice of you. Instead of calling me an idiot and trashtalking my post, you could try to properly explain what you mean (such as why I'm being mached with master and challenger tier players, and winning against them). I ended Diamond IV last season, and in preseason I had a very good winrate in flexqueue. So far in this season and in the preseason, I've played with a significant amount of master tier players, and a few challenger tier players, and won at least as many games against them as I've lost. Assuming that my skill level is not actually master tier (which it most certainly is not), must mean that me performing equal to or better than them in ranked games can only be the result of them not tryharding. The fact that I meet them in games might be the result of shitty matchmaking, but the fact that I'm winning more often than losing (also in lane) against them, I take to mean that they are not playing to the best of their ability, and most likely not playing their best champions. Also, you play on EUW, so what you're really saying is that you have no empathy for my (and every other player on EUNE's) situation, and you have zero way of knowing how our server is being impacted by the removal of normal draft, since your server still fucking has it?!
Ok well lets see. You've gone against 1 master player in the past week, and interesting enough, he was teamed with a bunch of golds and a no rank which probably was the lowest tiered team you've won against. Plus to be honest, I've seen many a few master players in normal play and i'm ranked silver ffs, though these are more occurring in Aram. More often than not however, your main competitors are plats, which seems normal for your rank and win rate. The thing that is always the biggest problem is teams can get carried when they are pre-made and if you do end up seeing a master (Trust me, you won't see challengers m8), they are probably just as pre-made as you. Never say 'i win in lane' because it's just made you look even worse. I have sympathy in the fact that these match making ques are horrible however if you're going to make blatant lies to argue a point, you won't be heard. I'm arguing with you on that basis that you think Master and Challenger tier players get paired up with you because they are in the wrong lanes; like somehow they are sub par. Trust me, at that rank, you learn to play more than Poppy top lane.
Kaluchi (EUW)
: Be wary of ClickBait!
I was going to just vote no and tell you to die in a hole full of pancakes but i decided to watch it and give it a fair test. I couldn't see shit! And all i want are pancakes dude. So fk you.
: But Koei didn't just think it all up... the original source material was Chinese culture. So again, league, smite and dynasty warriors used the same inspiration and source materials... doesn't matter which came first or anything each one have clear references to Chinese culture which is consistent in all of them (hell just look at guan yu (I butchered that name didn't I), looks very similar or identical to waring kingdom trynd and a character from dynasty warriors because all of them are based off the actual character in Chinese mythology). So like I've said before, same source material... these designs have been around for centuries.
Guan Yu is essentially the only one who's image is known through artwork alone. He is the most famous man from the Warring States period. So it is more of a mere coincidence. However, in no popular media is Lu Bu depicted in the way Koei portrays, aside from the headdress. To also bring point, Lu Bu wasn't and never has been depicted as wearing black thick armour in any source material aside from Koei; and that's only in 6 and over. In actuality, records and many media shows him to look as he does in Dynasty warriors 5 and before. His skin design on League is ONLY relate-able to Dynasty Warriors 6+. Zhao Yun's depiction is famously used in media from Koei, of which derives from vague illustrations and passages from the novel written by Luo Guanzhong which you need to remember, romanticised the history. Mythology is an abstract term here. It should be noted that Xin Zhao has been said to be based off of Zhao Yun, therefor acknowledging Koei's work. The weapon used in WK Xin Zhao is also that of what it used in Dynasty Warriors. in no media or records does it talk about his weapon in such a dramatic way, (note, the blue outcropping) Edit - This is a quote from Riot Ohmu from Surrender at 20. "Adding 100% more Zhuge Liang fan to WK Kingdoms Azir's taunt! Should be on #PBE late this week. Can you say, "I'm a [z]huge FAN of this?" :D" Dynasty Warriors is the only reference to this fan, as well as the only media who calls him that and not Kongming. This basically seals it for me.
: Except again that doesn't mean riot have any connection nor have they based their skin line off dynasty warriors. That's the whole point of this thread, seeing if it is and I'm telling you it isn't. The skins you think are based on dynasty warriors are simply based on the same source materials (same as how there is a wukong in both league and smite, they where based off the same thing). So I'm not confused at all... bad at explaining stuff maybe but the main point is still there... just because there is similarities in where the inspiration for the designs doesn't mean that they have any real connection... like I said before correlation not causation.
The only problem is, Koei IS the source material for much of the popular culture that surrounds the Three Kingdoms. Ironically enough with all this smite talk, Smite also has skins referenced from Dynasty Warriors.
: Waring kingdom is just a skin line name for lunar revel skins... it doesn't mean that they are only restricted to doing skins for that particular era, the skin names are just to group them together under a banner. Waring kingdom skins are based not off characters or real people but off culture... armour, weapon and clothing design aren't direct references to particular figures but off what would be present in Chinese culture. Your basing the assumption that they are based on the same people from the armour, but the armour is based on what would be around in the culture and by no means be a direct link.... all waring kingdom skins use clothing and weaponry similar in design to Chinese culture that doesn't mean people (of course they will also take inspiration from people but more from armour design... again dynasty warriors come from the exact same inspiration). So riot aren't coping dynasty warriors... there is similarities because the designs are based of the same era of Chinese culture. So again... the reason riot stopped doing similar things to Koei is because riot are taking inspiration from Chinese culture and mythology, some of this culture happens to be the same place that the designs for dynasty warriors come from.... correlation not causation.
You've certainly managed to confuse yourself aha. The one thing every skin has in common is that there is some reference to the Warring Kingdoms Period. I really do know what i'm talking about here. The tagline of 'Warring Kingdoms' isn't a vague description here.
Howl PLUS (EUNE)
: Something what we all need !!!
But if you want to play Ashe in mid, there's no reason why you cannot. I mean sure, it won't work very well, but it's a game. In ranked it's a strange situation as i would have thought you'd want to play a champ in a role you'd be good with, but some people are a little dim so.
: Well I used your TLDR so if that didn't sum it up correctly you might want to reword it. But point still stands... the fact that riot is using different parts of Chinese culture means nothing, riot never had a contract with anyone because you can't restrict the usage of source material like this... both comes from the same inspiration thus neither are a copy of each other.... nor was this ever a nod to fans of that game, the skins are to celebrate Chinese new year and thus are rooted in Chinese mythology and culture. So unless I'm still misunderstanding in which case something might be wrong with how you've worded it... your asking riot why they aren't continuing on with the Koei theme, and the answer is that they never had one.
You are misunderstanding it yes. Seeing as you took my Tl;dr literally, i don't have to reword anything. The fact that it's called 'THREE KINGDOMS' means the skins come from that ERA. You wouldn't make a skin set called Medieval and suddenly put a modern style skin in the set now would you? The Koei theme is that their skins are from the style of which Koei depicts the Three Kingdoms. I am asking why such a big similarity appeared to start with, and then stopped. Because that http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dynastywarriors/images/a/ab/Lubu-dw8.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130501044102 Is most certainly that https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kIdtfWJV184/maxresdefault.jpg
: Warring kingdom skins are based off Chinese culture, history, and aesthetics... the lunar revel originates from China (it's otherwise known as the Chinese new year). you don't need permission to use history nor can it be copyrighted. But that doesn't mean riot is restricted to just that era... Chinese history and culture spans thousands of years, restricting yourself to just one era is a crime when it comes to designing skins. So riot don't need permission nor have they not been allowed to make warring kindom skins look like that part of history, they are just using as much Chinese culture and mythology as they physically can.
You should really read things before you give your input buddy.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Show more

Joetri10

Level 184 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion