: > [{quoted}](name=VIT Laati,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=mdcbmnhK,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-06T14:23:57.129+0000) > > Only if ADCs had items that give resistances, instead of insisting on going 100% crit chance, full damage glass cannon. > > Oh, wait. There are such items. Believe me, 1:8 Kha'Zix with 1.5 item can still oneshot 2lvls ahead ADC with 4 items, at that time it maybe hits 2 auto attacks. Imagine 8:0 Zed walking on the map, he can go reckless all around w/o any threat, ADC 8:0 is still like ADC 0:0 but worth 1000g.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: I'm finding it very difficult to play around kha'zix - need help.
You gotta keep an eye on possible threats and play more careful, have exhaust ready, buy some armor as soon as you see that Kha is fed.... and so on. That's just part of being a squishy support. Definitely take exhaust against 1 shot champions and don't pick Lux support if you have no frontline. Lux can't really build defensive as support because she becomes useless. As soon as the Kha is fed, nobody will dare to leave tower range and you auto lose to split push.
: The thing is that tank used to be mindless CC machine with no real gameplay. Riot tried to solve this with the tank rework and by making Ornn, which is undoubtedly the hardest tank to play. However then competitive teams abuses these new tanks since their only drawback of being harder to play doesn't apply to them. So then riot has to keep these guys in the shitter, main Ornn and Sejuani here. Then people simply ask themselves: why should I try to play tanks when everything destroys me and I also need to rely on someone else in my team to finish off with my damage.
Ornn was never hard to play, they just butchered him after they overbuffed the damage on his already strong W. Period. Now he is literally the worst champion in terms of winrate. xD
: The problem with ADCs is a problem about team play
> The problem is that in league we don't recognize teamwork. Somebody gets it, finally. But people who think like that are a minority. It's not even a secret. The role is called "carry" for a reason and mutual dependencies make a team game. Right now Riot is constantly making promises to give players more "agency". That's a nice word for saying: we make games shorter, more cheesy and teamplay less rewarding. So then players complain about the perceived "too much damage" and short games, but they still ask for more "agency". Boo %%%%ing hoo let me solo carry games. I remember during the so called "ardent censer meta" I found myself constantly reminding people that ADC+ support or bot lane in general have an inherent advantage over other lanes because it's 2 players and teamwork. Didn't matter. The complainers still got their changes and idk how many ADC reworks later we are basically still dealing with the same paradox. Riot is just going back and forth at this point. The changes they do are meaningless and lack an actual final aim. Riot needs to decide where they want to take this game. Either a team game or clown fiesta with 5 wannabe solo carries on each team. You can't have both. There actually is a huge market hole for healer / utility champions but the problem is again, when utility becomes good then teamwork and tactics become superior, you immediately have players QQing because they can't just steamroll everything on their own.
: I only play normals If i play ranked I'll get 1 super easy game then 10 impossible games it just refuses to put me with people my level
> I only play normals If i play ranked I'll get 1 super easy game then 10 impossible games it just refuses to put me with people my level normals are even worse lul
: is there any reason why high elo players exclusively play ranked?
Kurotsu (EUW)
: What factors contribute to getting an S rank?
Cryptidian (EUNE)
: It's easier for people to blame someone than praise another, and it shouldn't be that way
When you are aiming for perfection, nothing is good enough. xD
Akorahil (EUW)
: You mean like manipulating the wave / heal and gold for the ADC? I see that there are good reasons for it, but i find it unfair to get "punished" because i like to use another support item in some occasions.
You don't get punished for the item but for the performance regardless of the tools you used to play the way you did.
Akorahil (EUW)
: Thats right, but who doesn't want that sweet sweet S rank at the end of the game :D
Statistically Relic is picked 95% of the time, coin 5% on Taric and relic has a higher winrate too, so then the question is, what situation makes coin better? It can only be situational with statistics like that. If you are using coin all the time you are most likely doing something wrong.
Akorahil (EUW)
: So i have to go for relic even if the enemy botlane has a load of cc that could kill me every time i go for a relic proc? Seems like i am forced to a support item :/ Thanks for clarifying :)
> [{quoted}](name=Akorahil,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=97JXROeO,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-01-04T09:22:48.459+0000) > > So i have to go for relic even if the enemy botlane has a load of cc that could kill me every time i go for a relic proc? > Seems like i am forced to a support item :/ > > Thanks for clarifying :) Maybe you are just underestimating the positive effects of having relic shield.
Akorahil (EUW)
: Does the support item you choose interfere with your Rank after game?
Yes if you use suboptimal items and perform slightly worse you probably will also get a lower rank. That's not a secret. Of course the gold and the heal from relic shield makes a difference.
Marcua (EUW)
: What do you hope riot will do in 2019? (Season 9)
Tell the players when they are wrong instead of letting popular but bad opinions fester. {{champion:84}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:157}} {{item:3157}} {{item:3147}} {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
Surma (EUNE)
: Strugging to find reason to play
Remember.... when you enjoyed playing games and when you just stopped playing when you did not? Do you need any other reason?
: Will they ever fix autofill being dropped on one when someone else dodges?
You can't escape the autofill forever. Just accept your fate. muhahaha
: Fixing Akali with just a few tweaks.
Make her unbannable, problem solved.
: Well if someone blames you In normal game for trying new champ you can allways mute them and report after game. If you try new champion In ranked game that they ofc flame you for decreasing chance to win game
You would report somebody for that? What if it is just a joke? And even if it's not a joke, it's funny as hell. This community is really sad... Just shows how too much reporting and banning ruins the game.
Shamose (EUW)
: Riot sees your browser tabs.
Somehow I am not surprised....
bankaiWKC (EUNE)
: Did Riot stop banning ppl?
Out of like 30 games I played recently only 3 games were actually enjoyable and people trolling because they didn't get a champion wasn't the issue. When you lose your first 2 games because of rage quitting team mates and then win despite a rage quitting team mate because the enemy team is incredibly bad at the game, then you come to realize that toxicity isn't even the problem. It's lack of skill and constantly getting disappointed by everyones inability to play basic league of legends that really kills the fun. There is just no consistency, nothing you can rely on. For example support used to be fun a few seasons ago when ADC's still kinda knew how to play, at least that's how I remember it. Nowadays I frequently get ADC's that manage to deal even less damage than a Soraka or a Janna simply because they don't attack champions. It blows your mind how inactive some players are ingame (without being afk ofc). I can literally see how some players don't even try. So no, toxicity is not the problem. Toxicity whatever that means for you is only a side effect. Also players who are so obsessed with seeing others banned tend to perform really poorly.
BleupizZ (EUW)
: League of Reports "What a beautiful community"
Maybe league players would care more about playing if there was no report option.
: ^this. people need to realise howmuch responsible they are for things themselves in life and especially in league. YOU chose to play ranked with crappy internet, YOU chose to for example pick top and suck and now you blame your jungler gues what its YOUR lane, YOUR responsibility. a jungler coming to gank is a privlidge. all these people blaming and flaming yet are doing sh!t themselves gosh i hate it.
> in life > and especially in league {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Cryptidian (EUNE)
: How come no adcs stack life steal instead of on-hit or crit?
Because {{item:3123}} {{item:3165}} {{item:3076}} exist and your gold investment wouldn't be worth. That's like being perma exhausted and still trying to build damage. Welcome to League of Legends where healing has the same band aid fix for balance since forever and the players don't even realize it.
CopKiIIer (EUW)
: ROIT's biggest mistake
OP is oddly unspecific.
Kurotsu (EUW)
: I finally did it *__*
Can you even get enough tokens without paying money? If so, that's just bad business practice. I liked Riot more when they were just selling cosmetics directly. The missions and the hextech crafting to get kids hooked is ridiculous and should be removed all together.
jotarowo (EUNE)
: https://pics.me.me/degenerates-like-you-belong-on-a-cross-34636805.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Die3duvX4AEZAT7.jpg
: Or maybe im good... you didn't think that! {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} Suit yourself. I'm gonna klepto soraka. It works for me. Better if nobody uses it so Rito doesn't nerf :p
Thinking you are good is common mistake, do you know how often I won playing Soraka simply because the enemy team didn't have grievous wounds? So boring. In many scenarios your keystone simply doesn't matter. You could be winning for 100 different reasons. It doesn't prove that your rune was "the best".
: You get more gold and more items and you finish your build much faster without taking any kills from the adc. Just to give an example. If lane goes even i usually end up with a 2-3k gold lead to the opposing support without with very little kills or even no kills
Honestly sounds like you only had weak opponents so far.
: The thing is, the games i played so far i almost consistently get S rank in the vast majority of them. It's quite easy to get autos with soraka since her Q heals up the poke you take. Couple it with second wind and you can heal even more poke Aery is not worth the small shield it gives and the little damage boost if you can be a beast in lane and get a lot of gold to rush your build imo
Aery "cooldown" is really low. What do you do after the laning phase with Kleptomancy?
The3amr (EUW)
: such an awesome company
Know that if the tables were turned, I would show you no mercy!
Father Tios (EUNE)
: Also the amount of passive-aggressive behavior is astounding. Chatting nonsense and just having fun, as a a group of 10, is no longer a thing.
> Chatting nonsense and just having fun, as a a group of 10, is no longer a thing. Yea because somebody else might think it's "passive-aggressive" behavior and report you and you report them as well, because you don't like filthy randoms talking in your premade chat, they are prob just "passive aggressive" anyway, couldn't be that they just tried to win, as well as you... no you are all toxic.
: My take is that season 8 wrecked people's nerves and now it still carries on to season 9. Season 8 imo really hurt the game. I previously watched a video with scarra noticing what you said and attributing it to what im saying now. If people dont enjoy the game and play out of boredom then they're much more likely to troll and be very toxic. I got around 3 instant feedbacks in my last 20 games. Didnt get so many for months.
Are you suggesting that the players still had nerves in season 7? No I think everyone lost their nerves around season 5 when this focus on toxicity really started.
Cavalier707 (EUNE)
: I approve this. Have no idea why people tilt/flame much harder than the regular season. Man, my team even flame each other even when we r winning.
Nothing better then some good old flames to kindle the burning spirit of competition that you use to strike down your foes to carry your team to the win and prove all the doubters what true dedication and skill looks like in practice. Oh wait ... that's toxicity and your whole team just got banned.... sorry dude.
: Toxicity in the Preseason
Somebody give me an update on toxicity. Does it still mean actually ruining games like in the old days or is it something gender specific now or staring too long at someones items? I can never tell.
: Klepto Soraka
In winning lane yes, if auto attacks are too risky, obviously no. Better just forget about it, not worth the gamble or adjusting your playstyle for this.
: This type of trash has to stop right now and for good.
Vel'koz is a double edged sword. If you can all in him and he loses lane he is a free kill and useless, if you get jungle help too. He can turn out to be super useless or super fed like all fake supports. The thing is, this community keeps degrading more and more when it comes to knowledge and teamwork ( because fake positivity and reporting verbal offenses is more important... somehow) so in SoloQ it's always a coin flip to play risky match ups and it's a coin flip because players don't perform consistently. You can blame Riot for their attempts to "shape the culture" or the players equally, just not the balance team, seriously. Riot's goal seems to be to make a competitive game without encouraging competition. It's just paradox. Your complaint looks very arbitrary though, it's more salt than real criticism. Play Vel'koz support yourself until you lose really hard, then you will understand.
: If it worked like that I would've turned off a lot of things in my head by now...
Stop getting brainwashed. These people have no idea what they are talking about.
: Sounds to me you are a bit too competitive. Or lets look a bit closer into it... You seam to have clear beliefs on how a game should progress. Your expactations are pretty much set in stone. You say: _"when I can't consistently get 15+ kills every game the same issue is starting to appear again"_ So here i thinks is the "answer" located. Don`t preassure yourself to much. Play not only for kills. Sure with Kills you can snowball much faster and it`s the obvious way to success aga Win the Game. But not only Kills can secure a Win. There is always the splitpush Way the good old just farm 2 win Way. kills are not all. Try to free yourself from such beliefs that only kills will win the Game. I can imagine that kills give you a certain feeling of rush or a high...but a very nice splitpush or backdoor wave together with a sneaky Heroldo could do that as well. Try different strategys, be more flexibel about the progression of games, try adapt more to the situation and realize there is more than one Way to win a game. I know a lot of players who acutally only play for the rush of comebacks^^ Anyways best of luck.
You know that something is seriously wrong when you suggest to not be competitive in a competitive game. Also what is wrong about having a clear~~ believes~~ mind? If your mind is not clear anymore you better leave this game as fast as you can. Snowballing IS HOW YOU WIN and it has always been how you win, literally any match that doesn't end in draw is a result of snowballing. The scale can be different but it is always snowballing. Period.
HitYourHead (EUNE)
: ***
And if that doesn't work you gonna suggest what your name does?
: Ranked anxiety?
You get over this by quitting this game, because it is rotten to the core in ways you can't even imagine. You've been told to have a positive mindset, to not express negativity and to punish anyone who dares. What you are experiencing is a natural result of Riots agenda. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J75CUyfuOtY&t https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWdDbuHNmpM
Enjutsu (EUNE)
: League is dying term has become meaningless
I tried Warframe, was fun at first. But I quickly realized that it lacked PURPOSE and that made me really bored. You just equip yourself for gameplay that is repetitive and boring at its core. This is the new business model, bombard players with confusing opinions so they can't make sense of anything. League does it too. You see... this safe space is nothing but an addiction for the simulation where the actual understanding and a purpose should be. And these kind of ideas are the result of identity politics influencing everything. All these opinions have 1 fundamental flaw, they obscure the purpose of the game, but also the purpose of your real life. Actually League has a purpose, there was a time when league was a competitive team game and treated as such. But not anymore, there are social influences who did that for sure but also Riot Games themselves pushing extremely hard to erase team awareness and competition. It mirrors how they strong armed their way to the top of the gaming industry. League is dead because the team aspect is dead and Riot is doing nothing to stop it. Riot Game's purpose now is to destabilize the western world. Maybe they are not aware of it.... but when there are so many coincidental actions and even coincidental names, that all line up, I don't believe in coincidences anymore. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycPr5-27vSI {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-rainbows}} {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
Rismosch (EUW)
: Jeez, you went from 0 to 100 in no time. No need to be insultive, just because you disagree with something. I actually did watch the videos, but you take this too seriously. No matter what Riot does internally, we players will not be affected. If the rumors are true and Riot really has a sexism issue within their company, then Riot has to deal with it. No employee should be discriminated by their gender, but rumors say women get sexually harrassed within Riot. Riot obviously responds to that, as this should be unacceptable. How they are going to do that, I don't know. As a matter of fact, no one knows if Riot hasn't a sexism issue who isn't working for Riot. Afterall we only have rumors, no cold hard facts. But most importantly we also have no cold hard facts if Riot really does those tests and whatnot. Sure they said that somewhere on their website, but they make no fuzz about it, no employee is complaining publicly and we have no idea what Riot is pushing and whatnot. They only mention it just one single time. For all we know Riot could do something completely different and just worded it wrongly. And who says the thing Riot does to their employees is a bad thing? Does it have to be bad just because others failed at it? Sexism and sexual harrassment at the workplace is bad and something has to be done to prevent it. You are reading too much into a small detail which we have not much information about and which shouldn't bother anyone who isn't working for Riot.
> No matter what Riot does internally, we players will not be affected Yea it's not like they have been coddling the players for at least 3 years in an attempt to reduce "toxicity". They cultivated this false pride in players that nobody can say anything offensive because they are so special. The result is that players get now encouraged to become offended and abuse reports to get their way, instead of actually playing by the standards that this game requires. They are just less competitive and don't even know what competitive means. What do you think why there is this big divide between esports and low elo in terms of mindset? It's because Riot rewards players for acting nice and gives them a nice excuse for not taking responsibility for their gameplay. Low elo hates on Riot for balancing around high elo all the time. It's this absurd social justice idea that you can get privilige for not even trying . And you think it has no effect on the game? It effects everything. Absolutely everything and you should oppose it when you see it. There are idiotic players and it's your right to call them idiots. Period.
Cavalier707 (EUNE)
: If I Were Working For Riot Games
If I were working at Riot games I would be extremely concerned about this : https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/off-topic-en/MjNd7rhW-riot-eambo-are-you-ready-to-get-trained-and-improve-your-performance But I am already concerned.
Rioter Comments
RogueDek (EUW)
: "Minorities are a class that need to be patronized in order for them to compete meaningfully to Men.
The "merits" of diversity and inclusion...or diversity and equity as it is called in Canada. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngyFlDu6_ds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWVmDSMl30s
Rockified (EUNE)
: When your the ADC and the enemy 9/0 Hecarim starts charging towards you...
This song is stupid enough to be cool again. {{sticker:sg-kiko}}
Rismosch (EUW)
: I am aware of Grivious Wounds. But a smart ADC with a Soraka in the backline wont go for trades, making Grivious Wounds virtually useless as you wont damage the enemy ADC. The only benefit Executioners Calling has is, that during a fight Soraka is pretty much useless. But during laningphase it is pretty easy to just wait, play passively and heal after the debuff is gone. You need to apply it the whole time to make proper use of it. Ontop of that Soraka not only has E, but also R, Redemption, Locket and whatnot, completely overwhelming the little Grivious Wounds you bought. Of course it helps, but later in the game it wont do much. Also to add to it, against champions like Janna and Lulu it's pretty much useless. And champions like Sona can still poke you, Nami can still engage on you. Yes their heal is worse if they are in the frontline all the time, but healing isn't their only strengths. Grivious Wounds doesn't cut damage nor does it prevent CC. The only champion you counter with it is Soraka which spams W, but if she plays safe Executioners Calling wont do much either. And given that Executioners calling gives miserable stats for its cost, and Soraka can still slow, silence and if played well even root you, the enemy ADC can easily outdamage you. > [{quoted}](name=Leaf on Bush,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=xoGHfTgu,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2018-04-18T17:33:42.396+0000) > > I really think you should not even enter a discussion about healing supports if you are that uninformed and biased against healing champions. Also don't post comments like this in a discussion like this. It makes you sound like an asshole, especially because what you assume isn't even remotely close. And it wont bring the discussion any further, unless you want a stupid argument instead of a civilized discussion.
> But a smart ADC with a Soraka in the backline wont go for trades. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} Dude, just stop, go read a guide or something, i can't handle this, you have absolutely no idea how Soraka match ups work. Not going for trades, that's literally the opposite of how Soraka wants to play. Just quickly searched for a video, watch the frist 2 min and then tell me where the Soraka is not going for trades and just sitting in the backline without counterplay and spamming W? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBFJjLOrlDs
Rismosch (EUW)
: Thing is, the healing mechanic is pretty unhealthy, as it has no real counterplay. As Soraka you can sit behind all day and heal your ADC whenever he gets poked, while the enemy can't prevent that. They basically need to 100-0 your ADC, or kill Soraka if they want to kill the enemy. This is toxic game design.
Push and go back with 800 gold, buy {{item:3123}} and enjoy free lane alternatively you could just dodge sorakas Q's or punish her and she will bleed out pretty fast if she just spams W. I really think you should not even enter a discussion about healing supports if you are that uninformed and biased against healing champions.
: It's time for a NEW healer support :/
Before that happens they need to review their balance decisions surrounding heals. Right now it's like most heal sources are too strong, grievous wounds are too strong and gut heals. So the actual balance is just statistical and happens based on the chance of somebody buying grievous wounds and this isn't fun for anyone.
Rismosch (EUW)
: Game is broken. Look, that's how you fix it:
Show more

Leaf on Bush

Level 87 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion