: It says a lot about the state of the community that this has gotten so many upvotes. Anyway, you are forgetting one key element here: Smurfs. Put a Diamond smurf against your average Gold/Silver player and the Gold/Silver player is going to die a lot in lane. And of course it will get even worse for them if the Diamond player is duo with a jungler and they effectively 2v1 the lane. "sit under turret and farm safely" ????? They will get tower dived 24/7 and then ganked on their way back to the lane. Yes it sucks having a teammate going 0/8 in 10 minutes but if they are against a smurf there is literally nothing they can do.
> It says a lot about the state of the community that this has gotten so many upvotes. Right? I haven't posted in here for a long time but I am in complete disbelief at what is getting upvoted or downvoted in this section. I swear those people just want to ban whoever doesn't fit their dreamplay. Also I've been saying this as far as I can remember but the turrets are completely useless. I've lost track of how many people I've seen diving a full health bot or mid early game, get a kill, and get away with it. A turret for me is just like a big minion as best.
: Mutes in post lobby
I completely agree too. I still don't understand why 3 years later we still don't have an option to mute people from the lobby, or a direct way of blocking people altogether.
: How can people flat out flame their team and then claim that they're not toxic?
Oh no no no, the most amusing are the ones flaming the whole game by spamming the 3 letters all the time, use /all to call a report on you and then in the post lobby lie to everyone that YOU are the one who insulted everyone when you actually didn't say anything because it was clearly a waste of time. I have little faith in the report system at this point considering that queuing right after matched me with the same individuals when there is a supposed zero tolerance on those words. I still don't understand why premades all think their reports will nullify the others.
Marissa (EUW)
: As you said yourself, you got a 2 week suspension only a few weeks before the permaban. The two week suspension is your last warning before a permanent ban. It basically says: "Change your behaviour fast now or you'll get permabanned!" The problem is you didn't. Within those few weeks after the first suspension you got negative in-game again. You did not get banned over that one game but over the history of your behaviour and/or punishments, you got banned because you fell back into your (old) habits and got negative again so quickly after your last warning - which is taken as a sign that you might never reform, thus resulting in the permanent ban.
That's funny. Despite you pointing this out this thread is still getting heavily upvoted while any post mentioning his bad behavior are getting downvoted a lot. 100% deserved anyway.
IIDaxII (EUNE)
: Rito plz
> but I just think it was funny how easy it is to get banned these days. Because calling people "trash" just because they play "bad" in your book is a perfectly normal thing to do of course.
: > It doesn't change the fact that you, and probably a lot of people, think that someone saying k*s for whatever reason shouldn't be immediately punished. Did I say that? Personally I think they should. Or maybe "should" is the wrong word, but I WANT to. I tend to be overly harsh on stuff like racism, homophobia and suicide stuff....my fellow moderators can attest to that. However that doesn't mean it's the best practice. You need to think about what punishments are supposed to do. Are they are tool of revenge and a warm feeling of justice? Or are they about actually reducing toxicity? Riot decided for the latter and overall, that's a good thing. And punishing players who makes ONE MISTAKE incredibly harshly is simply not an effective method to change peoples behavior. That's just not how humans work. Punishments need to be accepted by the punished to some extent...and if you punish someone for one mistake, no matter how stupid that mistake was, it's simply very unlikely that that player will just accept this punishment. It's more likely he will rebel against it. Just imagine you are working in your job for years, doing everything correct every day. But one day you have an incredibly shitty day and you have lapse of judgment because of it and you make ONE STUPID MISTAKE. Now your boss comes to you and tells you that you are suspended without payment for two weeks and the the company will discuss firing you. How do you think you would react to that? Don't you think that the thought "Come on, I f-ed up ONCE" would come to your mind? Of course it strongly depends on the kind of mistake you made whether it's justified to fire you or not, but that's not the point I am trying to make here. What's important is the reaction of the punished person and the feeling of injustice he might feel. If you want to make sure a punishment is effective, this needs to be taken into consideration. You also need to take the worst excuse into consideration: "I didn't mean". It's a really stupid thing to say and a terrible excuse, but quite often it's true. K*S is actually a perfect example. Yes, people use it to verbally attack other people and course it's not okay and it should be punished. But pretty much no one who uses these words actually wants the other person to kill himself. Exactly like most people who use racist slur are not really actually racist...they are just stupid. I can not stress enough that this is no valid excuse...but you still need to take it into consideration, because from the perspective of the punished player, they don't feel like they got punished for racism or actually wishing death on someone, they are punished for a lapse of judgement and choosing the wrong words. And, like I explained before: How they feel about the punishment matters! So, long story short: Punishments are not about justice and "getting people what they deserve". They are about effectively changing peoples behavior. Harsh punishments are not the best way to do that and you need to take human imperfection (i.e. doing stupid things occasionally) into consideration. > I am at a loss for words than anyone, let alone an Emissary, would even reconsider that option. I reconsider this BECAUSE I am an Emissary or rather because of the skill/knowledge I acquired in my time as Emissary. My gut feeling about stuff like racism is still "Remove them from the game immediately and forever". But I learned that this is not effective. It's not always good to just do what just feels right. Harsh punishments for jerks DEFINITELY feel right. What's better than the sweet sweet feeling of justice? But that doesn't mean it's the best way to go.
Excuse me? I've already said it but we are not talking about people just being angry, we are talking about people using purposely words like k*s and more. You need to stop infantilize people, they know exactly what they're doing by using such a word, they are not stupid like you or Riot or whatever conveniently think. I don't make analogies because that's just stupid, it would be like me saying that someone intentionally killing someone else should just be excused with a slap on the wrist because it's his first time. That's stupid. Only one kind of people uses words like k*s or wish cancer upon people and we don't need them. I'm pretty sure I can ask anyone I know if they think that you have any legitimate reason to tell others to kill themselves, this is not acceptable in any way. You just don't say that to people, am I the only one crazy here or what? I find it very amusing that you try to talk about the feelings of someone being punished for that particular reason. How about the feelings of someone being told to kill themselves? What are you going to do about that? We both know that you and the community are going to tell them to grow a spine or something stupid like that, then apply the same logic to people intentionally using words like k*s to, again, intentionally try to hurt someone. You use a word like that, you should get excused permanently. I am pretty sure that they're not going to say that to their parents or their boss. This has nothing to do with the *sweet feeling of justice* or whatever. In fact, I don't even know why I'm trying to argue about that. Sure, let them say those words again all they want, that's already what's happening anyway. I just can't believe we're having that conversation. This is ridiculous. I'm done.
i no talk (EUW)
: Make punishment system stricter
Good luck with that. I believe that I made a similar thread one or two years ago when I thought that this should be a given. I stopped caring when I got chat restricted once for "arguing" against them and when, amusingly, someone told me to k.s in a thread here and got away by saying something along the lines "it was just a joke". After two years and seeing how it's a constant problem I don't think they are going to do anything about it. Thankfully I don't play ranked so it doesn't affect me that much but poor you if that's your case because you will have to deal with it.
: Just because something is not INSTANTLY punished with an EXTREMELY harsh punishment this does not mean it's okay. Those are two different things.
Oh thank you very much for your insight, which I was already aware of. ... so? It doesn't change the fact that you, and probably a lot of people, think that someone saying k*s for whatever reason shouldn't be immediately punished. This is not about someone getting annoyed enough to throw "idiot" or something like that out of anger, we're talking about people telling others to kill themselves, or get cancer, and even wish that upon your whole family just because you did something they don't like in a game. I am at a loss for words than anyone, let alone an Emissary, would even reconsider that option. Then again I've come to accept a long time ago that this was the community so nothing can be done about it.
: > So is telling another player to k y s no longer an instant 14 day ban? The actual question is: Was it ever? And the answer is probably "no". The only reason why people think this is the case is because people who get banned say so. They always say "This is the first time I ever said anything bad in chat". But we all know that the statements of toxic players about their own toxicity is....well...not exactly accurate to say the least. It is extremely likely that this is simply not true. They didn't get an instant ban JUST for writing this once, they did other stuff before. Yes, we know for a fact that the zero tolerance system is extremely harsh on this kind of stuff, but this doesn't necessarily mean that everyone who says this once and didn't do anything else instantly gets a ban.
> The actual question is: Was it ever? How is that even relevant? So it's just fine to say k*s to someone once in a while? And here I thought that nothing would surprise me anymore. I suppose the next step is to condone racism and anything else if it's just once in a while.
: got banned, what do you guys think
> yeah im negative > and yes i broke the rules > can someone please explain to me in those chat logs what i actually did wrong to deserve a ban? You know, now I kind of understand why the game is filled with flamers like you. You have no idea why you're wrong, which I find amazing.
: I play a lot of blind picks. Currently 3200+ games. So I know what I am talking about (at least I think I do). 1. You cannot actually remove blind pick, as it is the only mode where you can actually pick whatever champ you want (example being zoe and zed constantly banned on ranked, probably and normal drafts as well). 2. It's not that bad when you pick your role. Its first write, first go to that lane basis. Sometimes there are people who don't agree who said first, but it doesn't happen that often. 3. Flame? Yeah.. it's kind of a standard thing there. A lot of people flame there, but it's a good way to learn how to not to get tilted and maybe finally learn how to use a mute button. 4. It's really good if you want to practise a champion without getting countered. Who wants to play 30 mins and 15-20 (depends on the phase of the game) of them taking shit from your lane opponent.. 5. Yeah, mmr mismatch is sometimes just amazing. I'm not talking about being matched with unranked, low silvers or golds ( I was plat last season), but for example today, I got 3 diamonds in my team, which naturally intrigued to check the opponents, and they had 2 diamonds and a master. Last season I had a challenger in enemy team.. Of course. It has some advantages and some disadvantages, but overall, I feel like it's fine. It's nothing compared to ranked, but for chill days or when you feel boosted, tilted or otherwise mentally broken from ranked, this is the place to go. Learn new champions, relax, destroy someone in lane or get destroyed yourself, without losing LP.
> It's not that bad when you pick your role. Its first write, first go to that lane basis. It is not, some people just randomly decided to do it and demonize anyone not agreeing with it. And I still don't understand why they even thought it was a good idea.
: Remove Blind Pick.
No, thank you. If you don't like the mode, don't play it and.... geez, I feel like I'm repeating myself here. I find it very interesting that people like you always want to remove completely what you don't like. And what is it with you people constantly spending time looking at your enemy rating or whatever before the game? Just play the game, that's what blind pick is for. From my experience, people constantly looking at others rating or whatever are usually the worst because they bring that every time someone makes a mistake : -- "look at that _rank_ player lol trash" -- "mastery 7 boosted" -- "blablabla mmr uninstall"
Hansiman (EUNE)
: Riots penalty systems are based on reform, which does mean you actually do need to provide someone with an actual chance of reforming. Whether they spam it, or say it once, the punishment is the same.
I literally just said that I was aware of how the system works.
Hansiman (EUNE)
: That's the standard penalty for a first offense when it comes to this type of behaviour. You'll skip all forms of chat restrictions, and go straight to a 14 day ban together with a final warning.
I know the rules thank you, that wasn't the point. But right, someone spamming that will definitely change its behavior later. No doubts about it. Whatever.
Febos (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dragosh3000,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=jv8yppx9,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-02-08T14:57:47.204+0000) > > And because a tons of raging because this game is based to be angry and enemy jungle said ( TY FOR THE GAME) I got 14 days ban..Why I really hate this fking game.. You were punished for what you said. Don't blame that on the enemy team. Mind sharing the logs? ##EDIT Good Riddance. You manged to say "k y s" at least 4 times in a row. Worse than that, this isn't even your first account, based on the name of the banned account. We don't need people like you plaguing the game. {{sticker:vlad-salute}}
>You manged to say "k y s" at least 4 times in a row And he only got 14 days for it.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> So you assume that everyone is a flamer even before meeting them, because...? See, I can do like you and nitpick by stating that I said "a lot", a lot =/= everyone. What would be the point? It doesn't change the core of the problem. What are you exactly trying to prove here? I tried recently to avoid muting from the start because I'm still foolishly thinking that I might miss positive behavior or something, and the only thing I've seen so far is that there is ALWAYS at least ONCE flamer per game, whether it's on my team OR the enemy team. Because, like, people can't just lose a game without blaming someone. Now, you're probably going to use the same reasoning as usual "oh it's wrong, oh I don't meet that many flamers myself" but it doesn't change what I saw from my experience with the game, what I saw from my friends experience with the game, and what I constantly see in this board or any LoL community-oriented place. Anyway, I can already see how this won't go anywhere again so I'll drop the issue. I just wanted to share my experience with the game to OP, that's all.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
Seriously..? Out of all people I didn't expect that nitpick coming from a green user, ignoring the rest of the post. You rarely meet the same person twice? Which would prove that there are indeed a lot of flamers then. Not to mention that you're wrong, it doesn't happen all the time but you can easily get queued 3 to 4 times in a row with them. Also while I'm not going to waste my time tracking people to know about it, there are people doing it and they are better at proving it than me. Also I just had 2 different games. 1 to 3 flamers on either side of the field busy arguing with themselves. 2 games, up to 6 flamers.
: Should I get chat restricted even if I was only responding to continuous insults and provocations?
While there are a few things in your logs that I don't agree with, I can only suggest you to cool down when it happens even if I know how hard it can be after a few games. You souldn't say to people that they don't deserve whatever, and most importantly don't call people "noobs", that is flaming. I was in the same situation when I started LoL maybe 2 years ago. While I was not flaming back like you did, I was arguing a lot with them. People in this board seems to believe that when you get harassed it's only natural for you to have no say in the matter, and that you must shut up, take it and move on. I've already said it back then but out of all online games I've played, LoL is the only one doing something that stupid. But their game, their rules. When I did receive my first and only chat restriction for basically talking too much, yes it can happen, I too was furious about it. But when I thought about it I realized that, at this moment, I was less furious about the flamers, but more furious about the fact that you can get one restriction by telling them to just stop harassing you already. The fact that they can just come in the game, call you once or twice a "r.tard/noob/end yourself" for whatever reason they want, orchestrate a "x9" at the end of the game while making up straight up lies and then literally walk away scot-free is what made me furious. It's just annoying. People in this board will always miss the underline problems here : --- I don't care if there's a mute option, the problem is that I've entered a game with a good mindset and got to see one of my "teammate" insult me at least once for no reason at all before I hit that mute button, and now I am FORCED to play with him because you're not allowed to leave a game. --- I don't care if the number of reports is irrelevant, the problem is that person spent the game turning the whole team against me or someone else, used the post-chat to turn the whole enemy team against you again, then walked away scot-free and definitely proud of what they did. It gets worse when they are premade. --- Stop with the "you don't know if the system worked on them" utopia. It's not working properly, otherwise I wouldn't have to deal with people telling other to get cancer or kill themselves in almost every game. They're 30, have mastery, and typically have been playing the game for a long time so it means that right now they're probably flaming someone else. All of this is irritating, which is why most people just /mute all at the start of a game now. EDIT: I forgot to say but then the irony is that you still see at the end of the game : "report for no communication", even if it does nothing.
: It's astounding how people like you can post their chatlogs here and still believe to be right.
Hansiman (EUNE)
: To clarify: The Instant Feedback System (IFS) does use context. Profanity, for instance, isn't a violation of the rules in itself, but it is if you're using it in a derogatory manner towards other people. Only context can reveal the difference, and that's something IFS is capable of determing. When it comes to more extreme verbal abuse, such as racism, homophobia, death threats: context isn't as important, as there's a zero tolerance policy in place for it.
> When it comes to more extreme verbal abuse, such as racism, homophobia, death threats: context isn't as important, as there's a zero tolerance policy in place for it. I'm sorry but I have serious doubts about this for 3 reasons : 1. I see in either team at least one of them every 2 matches or so. They are 30, they are honor5 sometimes, and if you have a quick look at their stats you can see that they have been playing for a long time. Contrary to what people might think, I doubt again that someone using words like this do it only once in a while or when they "have a bad day" 2. I know it isn't working when I get queued with the same individual 2 or 3 games in a row, in my team or the enemy team. 3. I have lost count of how many times I saw people writing "k y s" with random blank spaces to make sure that the other sees it too, or simply write the equivalent in their native language.
sNiPeRwL (EUNE)
: [Banned]
Ah, right. The good old resorting to flaming in another language than English hoping that nobody would notice. Next time leave Janna alone, I don't even think I need to read the rest of the logs from there. Good riddance. Also somehow, I don't think those are the full logs.
Cryptidian (EUNE)
: Remove Normal Blind Pick and replace it with a full time Normal Draft Pick!
No, thank you. I play exclusively blind pick, because when I have time to play I just want to be able to start a game, pick my favorite champion and play. Despite the insane amount of flamers I highly doubt that I'm the only one satisfied with this mode. If people want to ban champions, call lanes or roles there is the draft pick for that, go over there please. I also love blind pick because when people actually try to use their head instead of flaming all game, you can play and sometimes even win with funny combinations of champions. Like I said in another thread I've won games with 1 mid, duo mid or top, duo jungler or even no jungler at all. Doesn't matter, when everyone is having fun it most of the time ends up in a win, and even if it's a loss who cares? It was still fun. And no, bots are bots. When I want to see if a new build I'm trying is effective or not nothing replaces playing against another human. And playing with bots is boring.
: I think it doesn't have to do with sexism, just people trying to push others around.
I'm just going by the definition, nothing more. If like you said earlier, they tell you things like >oh, you're a girl, you can't play any other role good than support, That is stereotyping because of your gender, which is sexism. But I never understood from where that rumor came from. Out of all of my friends or the other girls I've met in the game, very few of us played support. The others are usually adc.
: Getting discriminated and treated differently because I'm a girl?
Sadly, you just have to get used to it and mute when it happens. It's not like we didn't get used to it from other online games or life, I just tend to be a bit confrontational and immediately say that me being a girl is completely irrelevant to how I play. That most of the time is enough to make people drop the subject. Besides, Riot can barely deal with flamers so I don't expect the overall sexism in the game to disappear anytime soon. They are amusingly never good at playing anyway, so they can only bark. One thing I cannot understand is why there are so many girls writing sexism nonsense in the game when they are in their premade bubble. Happens a lot when they have their friends/boyfriends drinking whatever they do or say in the chat. I don't understand why the guys don't see how obvious they are in that case.
BlueFoxNL (EUW)
: Ahri vs assassins...
She is my main too and I got used to play against assassins. There are just a few items I prioritize in early games : (Edit : lots of correction, almost a different post at this point) -- For Zed/Fizz, whatever champion that just basically burst jump at you, Zhonya as fast as possible. If you can negate the jump burst damage things gets way easier to manage -- For any damage threat I go with the defensive items (proper boots included): If I need armor Zhonya's passive armor is usually enough, but if it's lacking or if I know I can safely auto-attack I buy the bramble vest and even go for thornmail later. Any more defensive item after that will kill too much our damage output. If I need magic resistance I like to go for the abyssal mask instead of banshee because it gives me health/mana and have a good synergy with any ap item I build later. -- Akali is a pain with her high life regen, just like Vlad. The safest thing to do is, well, to play safe. I am still testing different tactics against those two so.. -- Others champion like Talon or Yasuo are usually not much an issue if use your R properly and play safe. But the problem with those champions is that if you die once, or if they go get their kill on other lanes, they become too hard to poke because we take too much when exchanging damage. After that it really depends on how the game goes. Sometimes I'll drop a lot of my damage and go for defensive items but it allows me to walk freely on the map without worrying about a Kayn or anything just jump insta-killing me. If we have a really good tank I just keep Zhonya and go full damage. We are blessed to have a R dash on low cd with the proper runes, so don't try anything funny unless it's up.
: I said what riot had stated not what i believe i never said "i think this is right.".But riot shows tolerance and it's incorrect the post "0 tolerance ".He doesn't know if that player got a lower punishment (chat ban for example). If this is fair or unfair i never stated my opinion again. This is a bad/unacceptable attitude but still it's not **always **a reason for insta 14 days ban. > . What is the next step? Should we just ignore sexism or hate speech just because "it was the first time so it's ok" ? When i said it's ok to behave that way? Next step is written down (for you) .For me,i already have a perfect attitude & i don't bother with the chat so ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯ whatever riot wants. > The more I read this board, the more I understand why there are so many flamers in the game Or you just don't know the way the report system is working .
> Or you just don't know the way the report system is working . Or I know but I'm pointing out the fact the people are definitely using the same reasoning. "Oh if I tell them to kill themselves once it's no big deal". I've already stated in another thread a few months ago that it should be a 0 tolerance, and I still stand to that even if it's not how the system works. There are tons of things you can do if you get tilted, and I sincerely don't see how telling someone to kill themselves is acceptable in any way. But yes, I probably misread your tone so I apologize for that.
: It's not a 0 tolerance and you don't know if he got punished or not.IF his attitude was perfect(at the past) and this was his first time he flammed he might just got a chat ban.Isn't this a punishment? In order to get 14 days he has to be really toxic and acts like this quite often (or more than once). Riot bans players for cursing but not with the first word they say this is lie or it's extremly rare.
> In order to get 14 days he has to be really toxic and acts that way quite often (or more than once). Because telling people to kill themselves is not enough for you? The more I read this board, the more I understand why there are so many flamers in the game. What is the next step? Should we just ignore sexism or hate speech just because "it was the first time so it's ok" ?
: No they aren't. Not everyone wants to troll and lose the game. Just because you don't care doesn't mean others don't care. I don't feel like wasting 20-30 minutes with trolls. As I said, get a 5 man team and do whatever you want. Or play against bots. Other players shouldn't suffer from your trolling.
> No they aren't Proof please. Unless Riot specifically states in their EULA that in blind pick you have to obey people's order when they just enter, type a lane and argue that "it's MY lane because as the king of the fast computer, internet or whatever I've decided it that way", then I'm going to pick my favorite champion and play where I want. I play only blind pick and don't play draft nor ranked precisely because of it. I've won games with 2 junglers, i've won games with no jungler at all, i've won games with people going duo premade top because they wanted to. That is, I've won games with people playing because they want to play, unlike people like you who will immediately start flaming and call others "trolls" in the champion selection chat just because the comp doesn't fit your standards.
ejpon (EUNE)
: it's not like there a button that makes you immune to flame or anything... Gotta love Riot's logic
Oh? There's a button to prevent people from being level 2 from buying vision to spam the base and stay at the fountain at almost 10min in the game? Please do tell where it is, surely your awesome logic can allow you to do that much?
Rioter Comments
Eambo (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Sympton,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=e1a0gxxr,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-01-02T11:38:04.356+0000) > > Either way.. you guys do ban too fast.. even people with similar logs like the ones of this guy. While everyone has their own opinions on what is "acceptable" and what is not, overall the ban system is designed with the majority of players in mind. The system adapts based on reports and what players do not find acceptable - so while you may think it's okay to tell someone to kill themselves or call them homophobic or racist slurs - the community as a majority do not think that's acceptable, and this is actioned accordingly. League of Legends should be a game you can enjoy playing without having to worry about the ongoing negativity and insults of teammates or enemies alike. Winning and losing games, having good and bad teammates - that's a part of games. What shouldn't be, however, is being told to kill yourself by your teammate. In this particular case, the logs are not the ones that triggered the ban - so to say "people with similar logs" is a tough call as these aren't the logs in question (Which is one of the reasons I looked into this case. If we see logs on boards that are questionable, we often check into them - while we don't always respond, we'll check to ensure things didn't accidentally trigger for some odd reason) In this instance the suspension is entirely justified, it just did not send the correct logs.
I'll just say that I find it very interesting that such a post, which should be common sense, gets downvoted that much while the reply to it basically calling everyone "kids" gets upvoted. It's no wonder why everyone in the actual game thinks that telling others to kill themselves is acceptable and don't deserve an instant punishment.
: Why no one likes to play support?
I don't understand the comments below. Support is boring? I must not be playing the same game. Anyway, I don't play support anymore even if that's my favorite role for one single reason : The community is full of as**oles. I already have a hard time playing with flamers, but one thing that I absolutely hate is doing my best to support someone only to get called a dumb b*tch just because THEY did a mistake. No thank you, never again.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Great game. Poor community. I'm out.
When I started this game, I instantly fell in love with the support role. I was mainly playing Soraka, Janna, Karma, Lulu and my main was Sona. When you pick a support, do your best to help the team and get called a dumb b*tch whenever there is a missplay, usually not even on your side, this is extremely infuriating. It is even more infuriating when people in this board just give you a "lol just ignore it" attitude. After a few games? You can try to ignore, try to mute, whatever this board apparently thinks will solve everything. After a couple of games? You get tired of it. After a hundred of games? You effectively learn to ignore everyone, no exceptions. If anything out of all online games I've tried League is the only one that made me learn how to totally ignore everyone in a team game and not feel bad about it.
: And i get 14 days ban
>0DildoBaggins0: ma jebem tti majku smrdljivu picko mala Ah, right. The typical action of insulting in your native language thinking the system will not catch you. Good riddance.
: Stop asking for reports
>despite someone simply doing poorly Oh, I assure you that you don't need to do poorly. I meet them on a daily basis in blind pick. http://tinypic.com/r/10nupkx/9 What annoys me a bit is how they hide behind the nice player persona in /all but proceed to flame you during the whole game. Like I said in another post, it's not having a bad day but simple harassment.
: Yeah, in those situations, it's not the player doing badly, it's outright trolls. And there's nothing you can do about that besides mute them, ignore them and play your games. **"If you don't feed the rat, it'll not come back."** Just ignore, play and don't say anything. My post is obviously very difficult to have come true because people will always be rude and inconsiderate but **YOU** and **I**can be the difference. It's difficult but that doesn't mean we should give up being nice. Keep doing your best!
>And there's nothing you can do about that See? That is the core problem, in my opinion, with league. Even if I do mute or ignore them, they will just redirect their attention to either another teammate or the enemy team in /all and the game will either way be filled with negativity. What do you think will happen next game? They will do the same over and over again, and there is nothing you can do about it. You're stuck in a "team" with those people for up to 40min. Even if I ignore the fact that I wouldn't even want to be in a team with them to begin with, the truth is that you start the game when you want to take a 1 or 2 hour break having fun and you end up reading those insults first since you can't mute the pre-lobby and then you're literally FORCED to play with them. I've played a lot of online game with dungeons or group systems that you can leave at any point, you get barred from entering another one for maybe 1 hour or so but people are perfectly fine with this. League is the only game that will actively banned people from leaving a team with people wishing cancer to their family. I mean, who in their right mind would agree to support someone literally telling them to kill themselves?
: Improving ourselves to improve others.
People needs to stop justifying everything with "having a bad day". Take this example, I just had a game with a french premade (could tell by the insults). They didn't just flame, they also went their way to spam /all with a "x9 report this kid toxic pls :)", the post lobby too and then proceeded to add more french insults on top. It also shows how most people have no idea that the logs are being recorded by Riot, but it's not surprising coming from flamers. That is not having a bad day, that is purposely going your way to bash someone. Considering that it was definitely not the first time and considering they think they are in the right, how do you expect them to change? Now add to it that most of the LoL community is that way.
: > [{quoted}](name=Lys Shallia,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=AYLxB5OE,comment-id=000d00000000,timestamp=2017-10-17T12:59:33.661+0000) > > Excuse me? Straight from the ticket he received from Riot : > > And now, there's no need to play words with me and link some random wikipedia article. First, it's their decision and second even if you think you're right with that article we both know perfectly that most of the words in the game chat in that context are meant as insults. Yes it's an insult to call a Twitch a rat or even a Teemo a hamster or a Nasus a dog isn't it?! xD
I don't mind the sarcasm or the downvote. Keep on acting smart, at the end of the day when you'll get punished too I can't wait to see your thread about it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Lys Shallia,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=AYLxB5OE,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2017-10-17T04:50:42.398+0000) > > I've read the ticket reply you got and I believe that : > > Is what you should have avoided. You might not have noticed at the time but you're calling that person a bonobo indirectly and Riot has no tolerance (thankfully) with those kind of insults. > > I know that it can be very hard to not start arguing with flamers but you should just avoid it, it never brings anything good and the flamers are people that will never learn anyway. We can only pray that the system catch them faster. That doesn't mean that bonobo is considered a racist slur either way. Just for the sake, here's a small list of ethnic slurs and i don't see bonobo in there. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs
>That doesn't mean that bonobo is considered a racist slur either way. Excuse me? Straight from the ticket he received from Riot : >The reason for it is because of the use of the word "bonobo". It is extremely racist and we have zero tolerance for it. And now, there's no need to play words with me and link some random wikipedia article. First, it's their decision and second even if you think you're right with that article we both know perfectly that most of the words in the game chat in that context are meant as insults.
Giojun (EUW)
: Your thoughts about my suspension?
I've read the ticket reply you got and I believe that : >For The River: Who's the real bonobo here? Is what you should have avoided. You might not have noticed at the time but you're calling that person a bonobo indirectly and Riot has no tolerance (thankfully) with those kind of insults. I know that it can be very hard to not start arguing with flamers but you should just avoid it, it never brings anything good and the flamers are people that will never learn anyway. We can only pray that the system catch them faster.
: > [{quoted}](name=Lys Shallia,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=W29GKsmo,comment-id=0003000100000000,timestamp=2017-10-13T18:32:30.488+0000) > > I'll stop you there because this just never happens in blind pick. It's "first call, my lane" and people couldn't care less about what happens in the other lanes. They will throw a random "where is my supp???" or "we need a jungler" but nobody will go and pick that role, that's just hypocrisy. If they cared about the team they would go fill that role that oh we needed so much. So in blind pick you have never had a team composition of 2 bot, 1 mid, 1 top and 1 jungle?!? In my experience that is almost always the case. Aside from that, if you are the first to call ADC in chat, why should you go supp for someone who was the second to call jungle and didn't want adc to begin with? > While I do agree this is still blind pick. It's just my experience but so far I've seen that the people with unconventional teams are usually the ones winning, because they don't spend their time flaming each others. I do not agree that is why they are winning. it wopuld be because of pocket picks/no knowledge from the enemy team of the unconventional pick in that particular role. But if you play worse from being flamed why don't you 1. get better, or 2. mute chat? Problem solved (I am merely Silver level, so I am not good, red.) > And to be honest I'd rather have a Lux/Morgana duo bot losing but having fun and being positive in the chat than yet another Tresh/Cait or Blitz/Jhin that will just start flaming each others and blame the jungler for no ganks if something gets wrong. so you want to have fun but is totally okay with locking in a pick and impacting the experience negatively for someone who followed the agreed upon consensus for most of the players? > I'm not even talking about the Yasuo mid that will start to steal our jungler farm because he's not 10/0/0 after 8min. Firstly, it is Yasuo, what do you expect? Secondly, when you hit midgame CS is free for all. The sooner the jungle camps are killed after they spawn the more efficiently your team will get gold. If you are jungling and your team has taken some of your camps, then tax some lanes, when it makes sense, and/or invade and take the enemy's camps.
>so you want to have fun but is totally okay with locking in a pick and impacting the experience negatively for someone who followed the agreed upon consensus for most of the players? ... right, that was stupid of me to expect something else. For the sake of the argument, I said that I didn't care where I go. Now, whether you believe that everyone should follow a meta-pick or not is another discussion. I will note that you're using too the team experience when it's convenient for your argument. In fact, I feel like I should quote again : >consensus for most of the players I love how bad manners, courtesy, consensus, team experience or whatever you want to call them are only brought up when they are convenient, despite the fact that I have described earlier everything that really happens in there. But still, while it does not affect me anymore, I still love how nobody mentions that the "consensus" of the first call first get is absolutely unfair to people who either have a slow internet, a slow computer or simply who cannot type fast. In my opinion what your "consensus" or way to improve the overall "team experience" should be is to have people use the 85sec to discuss what they should do and then pick accordingly instead of going with the first call, but that's just me being a stupid girl I guess. Whatever. Until Riot specifically mentions in the rules that you have an obligation to obey whatever role the others want you to pick, I think I'll still choose to ignore them.
: > Please do tell how it is different from you calling for "mid" and not caring about whatever might happen from there? "I said mid first, I SAID MID FIRST I DONT CARE %%%% OFF" You can get position in 2 ways: lock in your champion or lock in the position. If two people want same position, say jungle, but it is agreed that a jungle and a support is better than two junglers and no support, you work it out for one to go support and that way both people lock in a suitable champion. Same two people choose to get their preferred position, jungle, by locking in the champion, you either end up with two stubborn junglers or a jungler and a Nocturne support. I know which of the 2 scenarios I prefer. > I just love how people like you are always acting like they're the best people out there. You only use the team excuse when it's convenient. If I act like i am one of the best people out there I sincerely apologize, that was never my intention. I just don't like people who don't give a %%%%, so I choose to follow the way I believe makes people the least salty to get the better game. It seems most players agree with this way of doing things, so it works out well for most of us. Gotta wonder why. > . If you pick support and something goes wrong, it's your fault, you get insulted during the whole game and reported at the end. this is called playing League of Legends > . If you pick jungle and someone loses a lane, it's your fault for not ganking, you get insulted during the whole game and reported at the end. this is called playing League of Legends > . If you pick mid or top and something goes wrong, it's your fault for not roaming, you get insulted during the whole game and reported at the end. this is called playing League of Legends > . If you pick adc and something goes wrong, it's your fault for "being a bronze", you get insulted during the whole game and reported at the end. this is called playing League of Legends > Since it always seems to be your fault all the time, I decided to just lock my champion and not care about the others anymore. if you do what you can to improve your play you will play with better players. At some point players are good enough to know when they themselves played badly and understand they should have played something differently considering some other guy did not indetify the perfect plays. > If I'm in a good mood, I'll still go to the free lane, I don't really care in what lane I go as long as I play the champion I want. > But turns out that after 2 or 3 games, I lose my good mood because of the flamers so at this point I just go where I want and focus on objectives. Why not stop playing after 2-3 games so you are always in a good mood when playing? SHouldn't this game be something you do for fun? > And also note that while I lock my champion, you have 85sec to decide if you want me to go somewhere. You have 85sec to talk with the whole team about pretty much everything. But you decide instead to use those 85sec to start flaming, and extent those 85sec to 30~40min of flaming for the rest of the game. So you lock in, say Evelynn, then you encourage your team to decide where you should go? Like Evelynn a lot fo champions are suited to a few roles, and while they can function in others they are simply just inferior unless you are simply that much better than your opponents. IF you are, why are you smurfing at this level? Gl with your Evelynn ADC vs Twitch with Janna. > I've even decided to play a little game on my own : Whenever someone asks me in a normal or polite manner to go somewhere, I do so if only as a thanks for being able to formulate a non-flame sentence. And the fun part is that In the past months, I've met only 7 or 8 people being able to do so. That is a good game. You should keep that up {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
> If two people want same position, say jungle, but it is agreed that I'll stop you there because this just never happens in blind pick. It's "first call, my lane" and people couldn't care less about what happens in the other lanes. They will throw a random "where is my supp???" or "we need a jungler" but nobody will go and pick that role, that's just hypocrisy. If they cared about the team they would go fill that role that oh we needed so much. >Like Evelynn a lot fo champions are suited to a few roles While I do agree this is still blind pick. It's just my experience but so far I've seen that the people with unconventional teams are usually the ones winning, because they don't spend their time flaming each others. And to be honest I'd rather have a Lux/Morgana duo bot losing but having fun and being positive in the chat than yet another Tresh/Cait or Blitz/Jhin that will just start flaming each others and blame the jungler for no ganks if something gets wrong. I'm not even talking about the Yasuo mid that will start to steal our jungler farm because he's not 10/0/0 after 8min.
: It is just bad manners. It is common courtesy to announce your intended role like everyone else, so you get a team composition and not 5 mages running it down mid. Instead you instalock and be like "I locked in Evelynn, so I must be jungle" without carring about anyone other than your sorry little, and frankly quite unsightful, ass.
Oh the irony. >without carring about anyone other than your sorry little, and frankly quite unsightful, ass. Please do tell how it is different from you calling for "mid" and not caring about whatever might happen from there? "I said mid first, I SAID MID FIRST I DONT CARE %%%% OFF" I just love how people like you are always acting like they're the best people out there. You only use the team excuse when it's convenient. While I don't know about others, I wasn't an instantlocker but I became one when I got tired of dealing with the overall negativity you face in blind pick. . If you pick support and something goes wrong, it's your fault, you get insulted during the whole game and reported at the end. . If you pick jungle and someone loses a lane, it's your fault for not ganking, you get insulted during the whole game and reported at the end. . If you pick mid or top and something goes wrong, it's your fault for not roaming, you get insulted during the whole game and reported at the end. . If you pick adc and something goes wrong, it's your fault for "being a bronze", you get insulted during the whole game and reported at the end. Since it always seems to be your fault all the time, I decided to just lock my champion and not care about the others anymore. If I'm in a good mood, I'll still go to the free lane, I don't really care in what lane I go as long as I play the champion I want. But turns out that after 2 or 3 games, I lose my good mood because of the flamers so at this point I just go where I want and focus on objectives. And also note that while I lock my champion, you have 85sec to decide if you want me to go somewhere. You have 85sec to talk with the whole team about pretty much everything. But you decide instead to use those 85sec to start flaming, and extent those 85sec to 30~40min of flaming for the rest of the game. I've even decided to play a little game on my own : Whenever someone asks me in a normal or polite manner to go somewhere, I do so if only as a thanks for being able to formulate a non-flame sentence. And the fun part is that In the past months, I've met only 7 or 8 people being able to do so.
: Yes, what.
Yes, what...? You really don't see anything wrong with what you just said? I don't care if it was your first time, and Riot doesn't care either apparently. If you really don't see what's wrong with what you said... No, not even that, if you really think it's fine to wish for the death of 2 people, if I restrict the "family" part to only his/her parents, just because you don't like what someone is doing in a video game then you really have a problem. I'm also glad to see that people insulting in their own language do get punished too. And no, I don't see your point here because I too get annoyed in the game because of what people, like you, say but never ever I have thought of wishing death to someone over it. I wonder what would your own parents feel if they knew about that.
: My ban - 10 games chat restriction
>Kaloutsidis69: Annie I hope your family dies in a car accident
Ragneir (EUW)
: There's only 2 things you can get from Blind Pick: Toxicity and Reports
Welcome to blind pick. This is mostly the game I play, and by looking at your downvotes and the reply you got : >Sorry dude, but you cant play teemo support and say that you play to win :D then you already know what kind of people you will meet on average, if not all the time in that mode. I've seen teams doing fine with Teemo support, but it's just easier for them to blame everything on you if anything goes wrong. At least in ranked you have a system that tries to catch all of those flamers, because in blind you will see at least 2 of them on either side E-V-E-R-Y game.
Doomley (EUW)
: If you are the last one to call your role in blind pick, you WILL play the role that is left for you. That is the rule of the blind pick. If you don't like it, play draft. You had no right to start trolling.
> you WILL play the role that is left for you. That is the rule of the blind pick. If you don't like it, play draft. Like I usually say to the likes of you in the blind champion selection mode : Get over yourself. I play blind because it's blind. Not draft, not ranked. There are NO specific rules in that mode, and if you all really wanted to care about the supposed -team- then you would all take the 90 seconds to talk about strategies and roles instead of spamming the chat while flaming anyone disagreeing with you. This is exactly why I don't listen to anyone in blind anyone. I go in, take my champion and focus on my objectives. If you want to spend the rest of the game spamming the chat with insults and /all with "report ___ because she doesn't listen to my orders" then be my guest. And on a side note, there are people who knows how to ask politely in this game. And you know? When someone asks me to go support properly, I go support. But someone telling me "do it or I report you b*tch"? This is a threat, and you already know where you can put it.
Eveninn (EUW)
: Wake me up when there is an actual Riot statement so I can see 2 sides... \*crawls back under pillow*
I'm more amazed that people are even trying to defend it. Just because you can do something in the game doesn't mean it's a -game mechanic-. What is next? If miraculously someone finds a -legitimate- way to duplicate items, we can then defend it under the pretense that it's Riot's fault for not fixing it? I'm really trying to assume that it's a bunch trolls but considering the community I fear that they are dead serious.
Show more

Lys Shallia

Level 225 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion