Master Scar (EUNE)
: if you are int. feeding you should get punished after a few reports of players,how long that takes depends on the players and if they remember to report you after the game. however if you are just playing normaly and sucking hard than there is no reasion for the system to punish you as you are just learning to play the selected role/champion so yeah you shouldn't get punished for learning a new role
I dont feed int. But it must seem like that since i used to play diehard nolife mid 10 games a day for years, and now i want to play jungle.
Rioter Comments
xilien (EUW)
: Supports actually have a LARGE impact, especially early. They just have less playmaking ability the later the game goes. f you play Braum, Thresh, Blitz , Leona or ali, you can have a bigger impact then your adc in the first 20 min.
> [{quoted}](name=xilien,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=YVTVNaoO,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2016-11-21T11:04:49.920+0000) > > Supports actually have a LARGE impact, especially early. They just have less playmaking ability the later the game goes. f you play Braum, Thresh, Blitz , Leona or ali, you can have a bigger impact then your adc in the first 20 min. This is the only post here i agree with. But unlike the other roles, when the early game fails you can't do a single thing to turn it around again, and when that happens, being support feels more shitty than ever.
Fang (EUNE)
: Of course you'll get more gold and AP faster on mid -- but you can still achieve the same on botlane. If your ADC dies, you can safely farm AP until he's up again. No downside. Besides, you're supporting a team of 4 others, not just one person. The games that I lose are usually those where the enemy support is better at roaming, particularly Thresh players. They roam and get kills elsewhere, if there's no kill potential on bot for whatever reason. The point of this thread was that no one wants support because it's a role with little influence, but that depends on what champion you pick, and how you play. :p
> [{quoted}](name=Fang,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=YVTVNaoO,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2016-11-25T19:53:15.339+0000) > > Of course you'll get more gold and AP faster on mid -- but you can still achieve the same on botlane. If your ADC dies, you can safely farm AP until he's up again. No downside. Besides, you're supporting a team of 4 others, not just one person. The games that I lose are usually those where the enemy support is better at roaming, particularly Thresh players. They roam and get kills elsewhere, if there's no kill potential on bot for whatever reason. > > The point of this thread was that no one wants support because it's a role with little influence, but that depends on what champion you pick, and how you play. :p If you had picked veigar mid and were good at it, that thresh player's roams would have failed automatically.
: > [{quoted}](name=MyLíttlePowny,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=YVTVNaoO,comment-id=000e000000000000,timestamp=2016-11-23T21:59:43.392+0000) > > You can act as if the majority of the players are just plain wrong for thinking the role sucks more than others. I didn't do so. Read the last few sentences of the post I wrote again, please. As, I said, not all people feel like you. I don't. And I'm not the only one. But many people do feel like you. Many more than the ones that feel like I do. And as I said, I understand that. We all feel differently, and we all have different notions of fun, and different catalysts for "rewardment" (I know it's not a word), fulfillment and satisfaction. Hence, opinions. Ergo, discussion.
> [{quoted}](name=Tagalus,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=YVTVNaoO,comment-id=000e0000000000000000,timestamp=2016-11-24T14:30:44.168+0000) > > I didn't do so. Read the last few sentences of the post I wrote again, please. > > As, I said, not all people feel like you. I don't. And I'm not the only one. But many people do feel like you. Many more than the ones that feel like I do. And as I said, I understand that. And now you may understand why it needs to be fixed.
: You can give the answer yourself: Why do we still play with a support in this meta, if you say the role got the least influence in the game? Why not play with 2 AP carries. Hell, why dont we all play either AP Mages as support. Lets forget about Braum, Thresh, Blitz or a Bard, etc. No, we need a lux, morg or brand support. Because your logic is: If the enemy is dead, they cant kill us.
> [{quoted}](name=StrokeMyBardOn,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=YVTVNaoO,comment-id=000000030000000000000000,timestamp=2016-11-24T16:28:12.830+0000) > > You can give the answer yourself: > Why do we still play with a support in this meta, if you say the role got the least influence in the game? Why not play with 2 AP carries. Hell, why dont we all play either AP Mages as support. Lets forget about Braum, Thresh, Blitz or a Bard, etc. No, we need a lux, morg or brand support. Because your logic is: If the enemy is dead, they cant kill us. I don't think you understand the game. You cannot have 2 carries bot because there is only one wave of minions. Splitting the gold between 2 carries is bad. It is far more usefull to feed the gold to one carry(ranged preferably) and have the other champion build cheap items and be useful in a way that doesn't require gold. If there were 4 lanes or enough gold/exp in the jungle for 2 carries, support wouldn't exist.
Frius (EUNE)
: fucking hate this new client ,not even chat rooms and sound cant be mute by minimizing
The problem is still there. Especially since thew new draft is super slow and people love dodging at the last second, i am forced to mute all sound of the client because it makes a shitload of noises when MINIMIZED. This is really really annoying. =(
: > [{quoted}](name=MyLíttlePowny,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=YVTVNaoO,comment-id=000e0000,timestamp=2016-11-23T00:40:34.118+0000) > > but imo i know the game well enough to point out how flawed the support role is. Fair enough, but I would correct your sentence into "how flawed I FEEL the support role is." Reason being, this is obviously a very subjective subject.
> [{quoted}](name=Tagalus,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=YVTVNaoO,comment-id=000e00000000,timestamp=2016-11-23T17:09:18.230+0000) > > Fair enough, but I would correct your sentence into "how flawed I FEEL the support role is." > Reason being, this is obviously a very subjective subject. No not really, since it is a fact that people hate playing it. You can act as if the majority of the players are just plain wrong for thinking the role sucks more than others. But fact remains that the game fails at providing enough satisfaction in one of their gameplay elements. Those shortcomings that prevent the majority of people from liking it, are flaws. It is only worse now that we are all forced to play it. Forced to do something we don't want to do and something that was supposed to be a choice. From a gamers perspective, this is nasty.
: While a support can do the stuff written above, I also provide the vision with my sight stone + {{item:3109}} + shield of {{item:3190}} + slow of {{item:3092}} + heal and true dmg of {{item:3107}}, where for example a lux cannot do any of these.
> [{quoted}](name=StrokeMyBardOn,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=YVTVNaoO,comment-id=0000000300000000,timestamp=2016-11-23T16:00:26.347+0000) > > While a support can do the stuff written above, I also provide the vision with my sight stone + {{item:3109}} + shield of {{item:3190}} + slow of {{item:3092}} + heal and true dmg of {{item:3107}}, where for example a lux cannot do any of these. Yes sure you have things a lux doesn't have, and the reason for that is because lux has far more gold than you and can buy better alternatives. What will carry the teamfight the most, the fullbuild stats of a support, or the fullbuild stats of a midlaner ?
SuperRage (EUW)
: A Syndra just told me...
She doesn't have too much dmg. It is just impossible to consistently dodge her ball while trying to CS, especially now when she can spam her Q even more due to mana buffs.
Mölang (EUNE)
: Feeling nervous about playing ranked?
Just keep playing. The nerves and overthinking will go away eventually.
: From an avid, and proud, Support Main... If you're of the opinion that the Support has the least influence in a team... Then it's not Support you need to learn. You need to learn the entire game in and of itself. The lack of popularity of the position is tied to the fact that most of the community feels that fun = damage and flashyness. Hence why, if someone's forced into the position, most of the times they will just pick a carry champion that should have nothing to do with the Support position, and go FULLAPFUCKMYTEAMMATESNOSIGHTSTONENOUTILITYBECAUSEINEEDDAMAGEBECAUSEFUNLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLHEHEXD. Which usually ends up badly, as they don't provide to the team as the team needs (which further proves the influence of the position itself. If you do it wrong, your team pays, and that's where you really notice it.) Another issue is the lack of recognition, which is mostly tied to player mentality aswell. Support work is never recognized by anyone, unless it's lacking. In other words, if a support does his/her job, noone remembers you in the end of the match. If you didn't manage to provide what you should (be it because you had a bad game, or because you just don't give a flying f... about what a Support must do), you'll be roasted from top to bottom as the primary reason your team lost. This is the 3rd season I play as Support main. Not counting personal friends I played with during this time, I have ONLY ONCE heard recognition of my gameplay. And it wasn't from a teammate, it was from the enemy team. "Soraka carried you." was what the person said. So it wasn't even a recognition to general Support work, it was a compliment to the healing in team-fights, which with Soraka is rather natural. Granted, I don't play Support to hunt for compliments. I play Support, because unlike most, I actually enjoy doing the dirty, less-flashy, less visible, more effective work. I find helping my teammates carry way more rewarding than being the one carrying. But the community mentality reached to a point in which I actually had to hear from other players a couple of times, that as Support, I deserve no more than being their little bitch and sacrificial lamb, because "a true alpha and a true player would accept nothing short of playing a position in which they can murder others", and that "Support shouldn't even exist because Support mains are nothing but useless betas that are trying to climb at true players' expense, and don't even deserve to breathe the same air as them". If you ward properly as Support, noone remembers about you. But as soon as the map gets darker, you get hunted down by your own teammates. If you and your ADC dive a turret and you end up dying to grant him a double-kill and a safe way-out alive, sick ADC MLG playz. If the ADC gets overconfident and suicide-dives a turret with no warning and no reason to do it, and if you even dare reaching 0,1sec too late, you're a shit support. The reason why Riot are taking the Support position into consideration couldn't be further from being lack of influence in the game. If a Support supports properly, and if his/her team allow themselves to be Supported, everyone has equal percentage of work to put in, and equal amount of merits. The problem is players' mentality. If it was just a minority, changes wouldn't even need to be thought of. You could just leave things as they are. But, the majority of the community feels this way, regardless of some people expressing it in more toxic ways, or more healthy ways. I personally feel extremely rewarded with a good match in the Support position as it is. But many people don't. Way more people than the ones who think alike me. I am part of a minority and I understand that.
> [{quoted}](name=Tagalus,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=YVTVNaoO,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2016-11-21T22:07:54.072+0000) > > From an avid, and proud, Support Main... > If you're of the opinion that the Support has the least influence in a team... > Then it's not Support you need to learn. You need to learn the entire game in and of itself. Nah i am happy being highplat/diamond V. I don't need to learn the entire game in and of itself. Thanks for trying to push me higher, but imo i know the game well enough to point out how flawed the support role is.
: I know right, I play alot of bard in my ranked matches and with the Q and ultimate you can seriously ruin a team fight for your enemy team. The right Q can stun 2 oponents(hopefully atleast a squishy like mid or ADC) and 1 AA + meep is half health gone of the adc. It takes little realisation of your own team to then not focus that said target. While your ADC gets focussed you place a W on him for movement speed and a slight health boost while you're also able to peel with your Q for him. Then your ultimate on 2-3 other members of their team to focus the other 2 not in the ult. And holy hell, for a support main, there is nothing more satisfying to see a score like 0/x/x because that means you gave all the gold of kills to the champions that are gonna carry you. People truly need to realise the power of a support.
> [{quoted}](name=StrokeMyBardOn,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=YVTVNaoO,comment-id=00000003,timestamp=2016-11-21T15:45:44.631+0000) > > I know right, I play alot of bard in my ranked matches and with the Q and ultimate you can seriously ruin a team fight for your enemy team. The right Q can stun 2 oponents(hopefully atleast a squishy like mid or ADC) and 1 AA + meep is half health gone of the adc. It takes little realisation of your own team to then not focus that said target. While your ADC gets focussed you place a W on him for movement speed and a slight health boost while you're also able to peel with your Q for him. Then your ultimate on 2-3 other members of their team to focus the other 2 not in the ult. > > And holy hell, for a support main, there is nothing more satisfying to see a score like 0/x/x because that means you gave all the gold of kills to the champions that are gonna carry you. > > People truly need to realise the power of a support. Those are some best-case-scenarios you have written out, and while it is true that a good support can have these scenarios often, so can a good midlaner like lux. If your Q stun were a lux Q hitting squishes, the teamfight would have been won in that instant. Realize how that isn't even hyperbolic.
LovroLox (EUNE)
: You surely didnt play {{champion:43}} or {{champion:37}} as support
> [{quoted}](name=LovroLox,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=YVTVNaoO,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2016-11-21T06:33:25.634+0000) > > You surely didnt play {{champion:43}} or {{champion:37}} as support Those are some nice mages. But why shouldn't i pick karma mid and provide shields and damage way more massive. Or if i want an aoe stun, why shouldn't i pick syndra, stack my Q and E their whole team for a sona ult that has massive damage whilst also having a long range stun every 10 seconds and being a huge damage threat overall, even when my 10 second stun is on cd and with far little dependence on anyone.
Fang (EUNE)
: Oh, you can have influence. Take Veigar support if you're confident that you're the better player - scales infinitely into late game. Soraka or Janna if you need to keep your team alive, all they need to do is attack back and not run.
> [{quoted}](name=Fang,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=YVTVNaoO,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2016-11-21T02:28:30.928+0000) > > Oh, you can have influence. Take Veigar support if you're confident that you're the better player - scales infinitely into late game. Soraka or Janna if you need to keep your team alive, all they need to do is attack back and not run. Or pick veigar mid because: You won't risk being matched with an angry/crappy adc. You get far more gold. By being good you automatically prevent their midlaner from getting fed, something that isn't nearly as guaranteed as when you play support(crappy adc will still die and feed) You will be a greater threat so you will get targeted, and if you are indeed the greater player, you will deal with it better than that random who would have taken mid otherwise.
Hansiman (EUNE)
: > You will always be the weakest member Never seen a good support, have you? Supports can truly turn the tide of the battle. I honestly think it's an unpopular role because too many players think KDA, with an extra capital K, is the only thing that matters.
> [{quoted}](name=Hansiman,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=YVTVNaoO,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-11-21T00:52:27.847+0000) > > Never seen a good support, have you? Supports can truly turn the tide of the battle. > > I honestly think it's an unpopular role because too many players think KDA, with an extra capital K, is the only thing that matters. Yes, ANY role can completely turn the tide of the battle. Such a freaking useless statement. The problem is that the support does this the least often. A mid/top laner scales hard, can decide whether to gank lanes or just murder their laner if their skill is high enough. A jungler can scale well and decide which lanes are gankable or take dragons, ward the enemy jungle and or kill them. An adc has the highest dps late to endgame and gets a lot of gold. The support can do most of the above things, but on average far less than any other role. To some other people: Stop pretending support isn't the crappiest role for soloQ. It isn't all about me being bronze or silver either. I was diamond last season and stopped playing ranked because of dynamic queue, so i sank from plat 1 to plat 3 or something. My normal AND ranked elo are still high-platinum and diamond(in ranked i am often the only plat player because inactivity doesn't destroy mmr), and guess what, a lot of people don't like support there either. A lot of you guys seem to think everyone hates support because of little kills, or little gold. That is simply not true, they hate it because you get one-shot by everyone when you have one miss-step, and you can never stop a grossly fed enemy the way the top/mid and jungler can. How often have we seen the enemy top/midlaner get fed while knowing that you could blow him up if you just weren't the support. Anything the support can do, the other roles can as well, while still maintaining their ability to scale hard and deal with fed enemies. It's really stupid to see people rationalize the position of the support. I know you just want to protect your favorite role, and i know supports can have a great impact, especially in high elo, but fact remains that the role feels dependent and weaker than any other role. Why gank mid as a support, when you can gank mid as lee sin. Or why even gank mid if you can just pick brand mid and blow their whole team up after you get 2 items. Why initiate with leona, when you can just pick vi, have 10K more gold in items, and initiate WHILST taking 80% of your targets hp. Compare it to the other roles and stop making statements like "support is great because you can [insert thing any other role except maybe adc can]"
: The mechanics that someone has with riven/yasouo/vayne are way more compare with trynda/sivir. I play champions that got pretty low mechanics nami/janna sometimes soraka/lissandra and some other easy champions. I know that the outplay mechanics of these champions(janna/nami) are only based on the timing . Ok janna actually got mechanics so i will skip it. You can;t do a lot with nami if your flash is on cd .You keep a good pos you try to focus ,a good use of exhaust and active items .I i get for some reasons caught ,i am dead .Only mechanics i can think is her e and the cast r while i am stunned . The outplay that i can make is mostly due to a mistake form enemy team (detect the mistake> make it a play for you). People prefer more complicated champions because of 4 main reasons: 1)If you master them you climb way to high. You won't see a lot lee sin or riven at low elo who can do really easily in sec plays.You can see an obvious difference between a riven that has 10 games and a riven with 200 games (same elo) while with sona ,you may feel they are the same.Because the more you play riven the more you learn , with sona you just improve your decisions during the game(how to rotate etc) . 2)They are fun to play. 3)Champions with no mechanics are boring for some players. 4)Micro > macro . And here is where i disagree with mechanic champions and i feel they are a bit overrated . Players tend to believe that micro (mechanics etc) > macro which is not always right.You no need a skilled riven to win a game,maoki can do the same with like no mechanics (his kite is way better for teamfights). Micro>macro used to work back at season 1-3 .Season 4+ games became highly team based.
> [{quoted}](name=Achates NamiXxX,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bjEr5b5r,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2016-11-20T22:50:42.354+0000) > > The mechanics that someone has with riven/yasouo/vayne are way more compare with trynda/sivir. > > I play champions that got pretty low mechanics nami/janna sometimes soraka/lissandra and some other easy champions. I know that the outplay mechanics of these champions(janna/nami) are only based on the timing . > Ok janna actually got mechanics so i will skip it. > > You can;t do a lot with nami if your flash is on cd .You keep a good pos you try to focus ,a good use of exhaust and active items .I i get for some reasons caught ,i am dead .Only mechanics i can think is her e and the cast r while i am stunned . > The outplay that i can make is mostly due to a mistake form enemy team (detect the mistake> make it a play for you). > > People prefer more complicated champions because of 4 main reasons: > 1)If you master them you climb way to high. > > You won't see a lot lee sin or riven at low elo who can do really easily in sec plays.You can see an obvious difference between a riven that has 10 games and a riven with 200 games (same elo) while with sona ,you may feel they are the same.Because the more you play riven the more you learn , with sona you just improve your decisions during the game(how to rotate etc) . > > 2)They are fun to play. > > > 3)Champions with no mechanics are boring for some players. > > 4)Micro > macro . And here is where i disagree with mechanic champions and i feel they are a bit overrated . Players tend to believe that micro (mechanics etc) > macro which is not always right.You no need a skilled riven to win a game,maoki can do the same with like no mechanics (his kite is way better for teamfights). > Micro>macro used to work back at season 1-3 .Season 4+ games became highly team based. What you are saying doesn't really make sense. Everything an easy champion has to do in micro managing, a complicated champion also has to, while being complicated on top of that.
Rioter Comments
Komorebi (EUW)
: Different LP gains for different roles
Support only sucks in low elo. At higher elo it is the support who carries botlane and midlane together with the jungler.
Rioter Comments
shileka (EUW)
: new ahri skin ty RITO
It's the virgin syndrome. You get overly attached to a virtual female and spend your money on it instead of a real gf.
Beats OSD (EUW)
: Silver 3 elo hell
Play more games.
xCillion (EUW)
: Greetings. Yeah... it sucks, but can you do me a favor? dont call those people hackers, that hurts the real hacker's feelings xD Joking aside, yeah.. idk if your provider makes announcements about such things, but generally i would eventually not play matchmade games during the time they have issues to avoid any future punishments. Maybe give them a call to see if they are working on it or something?
Problem is that they have millions of people complaining. The lines are probably overflown.
Th3rIkAs (EUNE)
: This is why i hate jungling.
It's generally very difficult for people with low skill to blame themselves.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments

MyLíttlePowny

Level 33 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion