: Lets talk about Blitzcrank
I am always a lot less bothered by Blitzcrank, than by Thresh, Leona or Pyke
Zèrò (EUNE)
: The point is that their actual MMR could be challenger,it doesnt affect their climbing at all. And the problem is that thing affects everyone,ever new players who just made their first accounts and are supposed to play with players that are a rank or 2 above them. So when you see a "troll" or an "inter" on your team,doesnt mean they actually wanna troll or int,they are just having a bad game or arent a very good player overall. You dont have to be a smurf to have a good winrate tho,you can get carried for like 10 games,u get placed in higher MMR and then you start to lose cause you are not good enough for the MMR you are in,even tho your visible rank is lets say silver,u play vs gold/plats.
> [{quoted}](name=Zèrò,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=nrA37aEV,comment-id=000b000000000000,timestamp=2020-02-18T12:00:19.020+0000) > > The point is that their actual MMR could be challenger,it doesnt affect their climbing at all. > And the problem is that thing affects everyone,ever new players who just made their first accounts and are supposed to play with players that are a rank or 2 above them. That doesn't make sense. Maybe you want to elaborate. From this twitter Post you get just ONE SINGLE INFORMATION: That your visual rank doesn't increase as fast as your actual MMR. This has NO %%%%ING EFFECT on MATCHMAKING.
NiceFAIL (EUW)
: Interesting, unfortunately doesn't give much information thought. The only thing I can understand from this is, that somebody winning a %%%% load of games like the original poster of that tweet has Diamond MMR but only plat visibile Rank. Which actually is not such a bad idea imho, so you immediately see that guy is a smurf cause he is playing with you diamond guys but only got Plat League
Or to elaborate further: People on the forums are complaining that the game is forcing bad players and forcing a 50% Winrate on them. But that TWEET shows somebody who is able to go 36-0 So seems like good enough players know how to win and not blame it on other players and nothing gets enforced. Just their visual rank doesn't icnrease as fast as their actual MMR.
Zèrò (EUNE)
: This post right here should clarify everything for everyone https://twitter.com/RiotSupport/status/1229545099438239744?s=19 They made it harder this season because of smurfs,even tho I think that approach is so shitty and the guy who made that decision needs to be fired or change deparments.It is what it is.
Interesting, unfortunately doesn't give much information thought. The only thing I can understand from this is, that somebody winning a %%%% load of games like the original poster of that tweet has Diamond MMR but only plat visibile Rank. Which actually is not such a bad idea imho, so you immediately see that guy is a smurf cause he is playing with you diamond guys but only got Plat League
Typhl0 (EUW)
: got like 55%wr and i do +16 -22 XD
Isn't it cause you are close to entering Master? xD I wouldn't know, I never was as high as your ELO ^^
Protoje (EUW)
: Its not only the snowballing.. its the overall matchmaking. It actually feels like, what plenty people complain about, as if riot is really trying to force the 50% winrate onto you. As i said, its quite rare that i have a win, then a loss, then a win, maybe another win and then a loss again. Its always a winning streak going into a loosing streak and then into a winning streak again. And that makes it quite annoying to keep up. Cause usually, when im on a winning streak, im getting into my Promo. But i know exactly, that since i won the last 5 to 6 games, i will definitely lose my Promo. I lost my last Promo from Gold 4 to Gold 3 4 times and it always happened in this way. I got a winning streak, got into Promo. Lost the promo, lost a few more games after that and then got back to the winning streak which got me into Promo, just to lose it again and again and again...
Take a break when you lose two games in a row. Often you yourself as a player get slightly tilted and play worse after loses. That's actually the case for most people. I don't say you go full %%%%%%. But just the little frustration of having lost the last two games gives you a different mindset already. And especially if you are keeping up that conspiracy bullshit in your head. You will lose even more cause this is what you already expect. Self fullfilling prophecy
: Remove Alt key to open ping radial menu
I don't understand, you can redesign the keys in the ingame menues or doesn't it work for this one??
Timarius (EUW)
: Looking for friends
Why don'T you post from that account? That seems a bit fishy :O
: The game is fkn unplayable.
Dude, get yourself a duo mate. It will improve your ranked experience A LOT ! It's not even that you can rely more on a duo mate than on a random. But most people tilt less and focus more when playing together with somebody and not with anonymous strangers. So it will actually even improve your own gameplay. Also it can help to analyse what went wrong when you have the perspective of two people on a situation.
: How to jungle S10 - need pointers.
> [{quoted}](name=Pete VillenT,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=mWrGZm8W,comment-id=,timestamp=2020-02-17T21:41:26.542+0000) > Moved from EUNE to EUW and my winratio in jungle in placements is 0%. Yes, I lost all games so far and I feel it was easier to carry myself out as a support than a jungler. Well, it sounds like you got a freaking lot more experience as support than as Jungler. So that's not so much of an surprise :) You should practice your jungle game in normal Draft and not in ranked. Otherwise I don't know what to say. Jungle is rather complext cause ganking, routes and priorities completely depend on setups and game flow. Good luck
Protoje (EUW)
: Me and some friends of mine i sometimes play with, just discussed this a few days ago. We all feel the same as you do. Either, you are the one stomping or the one getting stomped. I'm not the kind of guy who says that games are determined withtin the first 10 to 15 minutes, which is why i will never surrender. But mostly every game that goes further than 30 to 35 minutes is because somebody (mostly me as shen) was able to carry them through mid game, but late is a stomp again. It feels like im having a winning streak where we stomp every single game and after a few wins, i'll get a loosing streak where we get somped every single game until the winning streak comes back... its weird.
This season is definitely very snowbally. DMG overall is very high, and even a small advantage can be devestating in some lanes depending on setup. Yeah it would be actually nice to have a little less dmg and less snowballing. I guess the last couple of years people often complained about tank meta. So right now we have more of an fast dmg/snowball meta
Ahwu (EUW)
: Bring your popcorn, it's time for conspiracy theories. No proof of your claims? Doesn't matter, you're just here to state that your opinion is a fact and everyone who thinks otherwise is a troll.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahwu,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=WgP5ijGf,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2020-02-16T22:30:11.671+0000) > > Bring your popcorn, it's time for conspiracy theories. > No proof of your claims? Doesn't matter, you're just here to state that your opinion is a fact and everyone who thinks otherwise is a troll. pssscht, don't spoil the popcorn moment
897zua (EUW)
: Has anyone had a game that wasnt finished in a stomp ?
Pretty much every game in my match history that is 35min or longer can not have been decided in a stomp, otherwise it would be less than 30min, so just looking at my last 10 matches. That is pretty much every second game: https://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=NiceFAIL
: Does Riot really have a balancing team?
Actually the last few patches all champ changes are heading in the right direction. So even if their balance team isn't particular good, at least they are working on it
Anders (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=500BC,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=RHeEL69R,comment-id=,timestamp=2020-02-13T18:41:22.594+0000) > > Glad riot finally noticed it. It took them 2 years but they finally did. You wanna know why jg sucks in my elo? Simple, if you play the jg and camp your bot lane for example to give them the lead, like you should, 5 min later you see your bot losing 2v2 cuz they have no idea what to do and then you are the jg so you get 2 lvls behind in 15 min and you cannot do shiet. Thats why noone wants to play it and it wont make a difference if you make Garen a jg as well. Try to learn riot. Then take the kills tax for ganking and carry yourself? {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
TheMusicMan (EUNE)
: Stop playing bruisers top.
https://imgur.com/a/X6ONceN But why? it can be so much fun :O
manolis201 (EUNE)
: Can you fix your broken hitboxes Riot??
How about providing us with a slow motion video of it. My god, it is so easy to download your replay. Turn it to slow speed and save it to pove your point zzzzzZzzzz
: Hahaha How one picture can disprove every gold player who has complained about 50/50 coinflip matchmaking
Reigny (EUW)
: For every1 who wants to win because rito don't want to fix it <3
Dude, if you are refering to his Mastery Yi + Taric Duo games, probably funnelling. Then you are missing the point that this guy only played 25 games as Yi with 84% Winrate, While he played 210 overall ranked games with 81% Winrate. So the conclusion is: This player is an overall smurf and very good player who duo's most of his games and they just hard carry, no matter if funnelling or not
: About 20-25% of my games were like that. Stomp or get stomped. In the rest of them, I was free to have a higher impact and win the game. As for the probabilities : what is more probable ? A system choosing who will win and who will lose, or people that make better decisions beating ppl that make worse decisions. The skilful beating the unskilful, and so on. Their AI can't detect soft inting, for god's sake. It is clueless when it comes to getting probabilities this complex right. We're super biased as humans, because we can think. It's easy for us to say "well - in this situation it surely does this". Doesn't work like that. You can't "if then else" hardcode a script that turns on when the system thinks it's time for you to lose. People call the 20-25% of the matches I described, the system's doing. I call my 75-80% of the matches the system's doing. The MMS is trying to match you as evenly as possible. It's based on chess' ELO which then was made into MMR. Due to human decisions, that can't be predictable by an AI (yet), you can't have purely unbiased even matches. Someone will tilt, or a player's PC will blow up eventually and so on. **** Again, if we didn't have 90%+ win-rate smurfs in the community, I'd say that the matchmaking brings everyone down and so on. But it doesn't. Problem is, sometimes our EGOs can't handle that we aren't meant to climb higher than an entry ELO. 70% or so of the playerbase is destined to be stuck in silver, due to mentality, hand eye coordination, decision making, time to practice, interest and so on. And funny thing, only silver/gold players complain about the matchmaking, which again yea, it's way more probable than people out of that top 1-5% to complain.
Dude, stop using Logic and Reasoning on the forums. People in Bronze/SIlver/Gold don't know how to handle that shit.
: Well, now hardly anyone is playing him. It's a damn miracle if I see someone playing Twisted Fate and I swear it happens like once in 50 games. I guess its all about champs like Zed, Talon, Fizz who are hit-and-run type of champs.
well once in 50 games is at least every now and then, there are other champs that you see even less often. But yeah, I wish Riot would tone down thos +20% presence (either pick or ban) chance champs evey now and then and give some of the never picked ones some love sometimes ^^
: It's the matchmaking and the extremely unbalanced meta. How can you carry a game with an insane score if you're not playing a broken champion or if your team is running around like a chicken with no head. The matchmaking system is awful and everyone's too delusional to acknowledge it.
matchmaking will be pretty much the same SINCE YEARS. If anything at all they might have improved it. So if people are crying right now, then the only thing that changed is that a new season started and not that matchmaking is suddenly broken.... zzzZZzz
: I have acknowledged many times that you need 3 ppl on a team to win, and losses are going to happen. Experienced league players also know that ranked after midnight in EUW is lower quality and eventually it ends up as no offence, but foreigners with no clue who dont speak enough english to undertstand any guides/videos, so cant really keep up with the meta/items. yes i had a few games where team straight up ignored my 'build hp% shred' or 'stack damage armour items' because the enemy was all HP or all armour. If the team does not do this, you lose to a stat check, which just sucks.
: To all whining snowflakes: write the ultimate algorithm that can predict how a person will behave and how well he will play. When you have it just send it to RIOT. Problem solved. If you can't do it STOP WHINING.
pretty much
: >So, Riot, what department head decided it would be a good idea to "fill-in", let's say a RANKED silver game, with iron players? But since you are obviously referring to your own matches, those are not "silver games". The average rank in your games is bronze which makes it only natural to have players from iron and silver in there too. ESPECIALLY during early season. Those iron players pretty much all had a better win rate than you and they had played so little amount of games this season that if they had played as many games as you, they would most likely have the same rank as you. They literally have the ranks they were given right after placements so they haven't had the time to climb out of iron yet. Judging them based on their current rank is just stupid. Never look at the rank of a player in your games. Always consider the mmr. MMR is the only that matters in matchmaking, not your rank. This just means those "iron" players had around the same mmr as you, which means they were around the same skill level as you.
Exactly this. But fascinating how many people alreay flock on to this post to just agree without knowing whats going on. makes it pretty much self expanatory why people are stuck
Seph80 (EUNE)
: Ranked
I think it's not so much the matchmaking, but rather the state of the game which is extremely snowbally. more than ever. So whatever team snowballs first few killsjust roflstomps the rest of the game. There are very few matches were kills get evenly distributed to both teams in early game and theirefor a more even game developes
Smoothberry (EUNE)
: I still have no problems with the client.
: right, like the 19 base armor aren't a hard enough nerf. If only you could counterpick him with AD champs like {{champion:238}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:39}} hmmm. You gotta finish the game in Midgame atleast, or else he outscales you. that's the thing with lategame champs like Kassa Edit: also this (https://champion.gg/champion/Kassadin/Middle?league=)
> [{quoted}](name=Swagglightner,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Eda7VAZW,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2020-01-29T22:37:27.051+0000) > > You gotta finish the game in Midgame atleast, or else he outscales you. that's the thing with lategame champs like Kassa > Still, THIS part is actually REALLY BAD champion design balance wise. There shouldn't be champions that are completely broken just by reaching the ~25min mark.
: this season truly seems the worst but not only in matchmaking. my brother even had a match where his team had an overall winrate of 49.1% and enemy team 74.6%. how did that happen? his team all had already ~100games. enemy team ~20-30. they got stomped big time, surprise. in the old days you really really had an impact if you came 5.0.0 from top lane, but nowadays...nah, not even that
I think the system doesn't look at winrate. But purely the MMR Score. If it is so, that is a mistake in my opinion. I had a game like that aswell, where me and two other in my team were aroudn 50-54% Winrate, while two team members of us were around 40% Winrate. While the enemy team had 3 guys around 50-54% aswell, but two teammates with 60-65% Winrate. Obviously the 60-65% Winrate playes were smurfs or just extremely good players on their climb that don't belong in this ELO but above and they hard stomped the game. That is very frustrating actually :/ It's like they claim that they want to avoid several people with autofill getting in one team. If that is their goal. Then they also should avoid putting several people with high/low winrate in the same team. I mean in my game example of above. Why didn't matchmaking put one of the 40% Winrate and one of the 60% Winrate guys in each team. Then it would be very equal. And if the 60% Winrate guys are doing, then they definitely should see a MUCH HIGHER virtual increase in their MMR , getting put against much higher ELO enemies then they are. That would overall solve the smurfing problem a lot more.
: I did a dumb thing and played in the middle of the night when i couldnt sleep. Got some weird people as well as really mixed skill levels. Lowest being silver 2 highest being p3. For example one adc MF from Angola... with fleet footwork rushing sanguine blade. Clearly no clue, but cant do much in lane or TF when the AOE carry has no damage. A lot of these games were true 2v5s me and one other person doing something useful and 3 people getting caught or hard feeding. I was still 2nd place damage in most of those games even as true tank in some cases. But yeah you can expect some weird games at 3am-10am in gold/plat MMR
> [{quoted}](name=Sona Crushes All,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=u7H6A3u9,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2020-01-30T05:12:47.288+0000) > > I did a dumb thing and played in the middle of the night when i couldnt sleep. Got some weird people as well as really mixed skill levels. > Lowest being silver 2 highest being p3. > > For example one adc MF from Angola... with fleet footwork rushing sanguine blade. Clearly no clue, but cant do much in lane or TF when the AOE carry has no damage. > > > A lot of these games were true 2v5s me and one other person doing something useful and 3 people getting caught or hard feeding. > I was still 2nd place damage in most of those games even as true tank in some cases. > > But yeah you can expect some weird games at 3am-10am in gold/plat MMR well, that's partially exactly the things that people are complaining about, why they have a hard time climbing :x
: Misconceptions PT2 - Proof that Solo Queue is 99% skill - 100 games climbing challenge from Bronze 4
So, the last couple of games you have a lot of struggle. What is happening? :o
: true, the speed nerf was troll nerf his dmg output or his early game or his tankyness lategame like real nerf not that speednerf when he just riftwalks anyways
Agree, either his tankyness or his dmg has to be reduced a bit
Sefiroz (EUW)
: Inviting someone and duoing is something that literally any player is able and allowed to do, doesn't take away any statistics in any way. The statistics are also still going to change over time as well. The thread isn't "100 games climbing _solo_ challenge", after all.
Plus 6 games is statistically irrelevant. That's why it is good that Sona is going for a 100game run.
SunLian (EUW)
: Well it's bothering that people seem to jump straight into ranked after a long period of not playing, or when they have no experience on Summoners Rift at all, and that doesn't seem right to me. Otherwise they wouldn't say such things in chat during the game, they might be level 50 or whatever, but they're obviously clueless enough to feel the need to say that. I'm not saying it should be that difficult, but a rule where you have to play at least 1 bot game before ranked where the basics are (re)explained to you, and also all the new things someone might not be familiar with, that seems perfectly reasonable to me. And maybe also a couple of normal games, with easy tasks that you have to complete just to be sure you understand what you're doing.
Actually I think that is really a good Idea. New Accounts should have to play at least 10 normal DRAFT Games before beiong allowed to enter a ranked game. Every Account that hasn't played any ranked or DRAFT Game for the last 7 days has to play 1 DRAFT game before being allowed to enter a ranked game. Adding 1 more Draft for each additional week not having played one of those modes. Up to a threshhold of 3 games. Something like that would actually not be an bad idea.
Beolius (EUW)
: How is everyone today? I bet mm is working as expected for u.
> [{quoted}](name=Beolius,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=FLK5ntni,comment-id=,timestamp=2020-01-28T07:40:12.952+0000) > > Just lost a firdst game of the day 20/1 and surr at 20mins. Balance is real and everything is working as expected. And youa re posting on a different account than the one you played on becauseeeeeeeeeeeee????? ...
: You have it in your mind that you are a certain rank, and its being kept from you. If you cannot win games, at the level even below the rank you think you should be, then you dont deserve the rank. The ladder has a lot of win/loss data for a lot of people and it does a really good job of matching teams. As long as people have played a good 50-100 games they should be close to their skill level, because its all based on reducing variance over #games played. So the more games you play, the more accurate your rank. Sure if someone played 15 games, they could be in the wrong place and that might imbalance the game a little. But thats not really an excuse to be stuck in bronze, when someone contests that they are deserving gold players. The purpose of this 100 game thing isnt to stomp on anyone, or attack lowly plebs in bronze for not being good. Its to prove to everyone that you can actually climb. There are no systematic barriers in place holding you back. It is all skill based, and there is no secret pool of inters and trolls and riot matches you with to keep you hard stuck. I have been very helpful to people here who ask what they can do to improve, i have even duo'd a few games with people who have spoken to me who were at the SAME elo i was in. So i dont know why you take this tone with me, im trying to help people.
> [{quoted}](name=Sona Crushes All,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=u7H6A3u9,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2020-01-28T09:44:06.504+0000) > > The ladder has a lot of win/loss data for a lot of people and it does a really good job of matching teams. > As long as people have played a good 50-100 games they should be close to their skill level, because its all based on reducing variance over #games played. > I think this is one part of the problem and frustration of players right now. Maybe the soft reset from season start has a much bigger effect on the matchmaking, and therefore people are getting mixed with a lot more people above and below the actuall MMR, cause the actual MR isn't as "fix" now as it was before the reset? Also something you mentioned before, what is probably a big part of many players frustration these weeks: Lets say someone was Plat 2 directly before the new Season start. They climbed pretty decently without bigger problems through Gold, and now were on a slow but steady path up to Diamond. So they were very eager and motivated to reach diamond and it felt possible to make. Now because of new Season start and maybe some not so good Placement matches like 3-7 or 4-6 they start the new season in Gold 4 or Gold 3 and feel like "well, I climbed through Gold before without any problems, I was on my way to diamond, somewhere around Plat 1 is where I belong, maybe even Diamonds" (cause before they were in Plat 2, and still climbing), so they start playing ranked games with that mindset and what suddenly happens is that you crush against a much harder wall in your new season games standing at Gold 3/4 Why? Cause pretty much all people got the soft reset! So now People in Gold are actually former Plat players. The MMR might be rather similar, but the Visual rank is not. Also maybe you get matched with a lot more people still in placement, maybe even some completely new players, cause you are GOld 3/4 and Placement matches for new players are along the Area of Silver/Gold? And I believe that is a strong reason for the frustration of a lot of players. Cause before the new Season, when Matchmaking actually REALLY had all the information from ONE COMPLETE YEAR of ranked games of people, someone was able to be in Plat 2 and still climbing, which means that is really WERE THEY BELONG. And suddenly they get reset back to Gold 4 and it feels much harder to climb (because people in Gold are not "gold" players but reset "plat" players) And from the way the human psychology works. Making so many steps backwords instead of forward is something very frustrating on our mind. That's why you have so many Threads all these weeks. Because people are frustrated about having been forced to take steps backwards instead of continuing forward. But actually it's JUST THE VISUAL depiction of rank. Everyone was put back. You probably would have to look at the percentile standing ! Like mine is: Rank: 716,803 (EUW: 134,399) Top 12% I unfortunately don't know where it was before the reset. But I imagine it didn't get such a big hit like the visual rank did. Dunno, just some thoughts.
: Just in case: https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2018/02/dev-matchmaking-real-talk/ Bonus because you are complaining about matchmaking in multiple posts: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance
> [{quoted}](name=hyperion3182,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=El3EanwZ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2020-01-27T19:44:39.713+0000) > > Just in case: > > https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2018/02/dev-matchmaking-real-talk/ > WoW, thanks for this one :)
Soretal (EUNE)
: FYI if anyone interested, last 3 games were better. I could carry 2 of them one with WW one with J4, and deserved to lose the 3rd one (I played terrible there...).
Well I am confident you will have some winstreak aswell and if you keep it up you definitely will climbagain :)
Soretal (EUNE)
: "It's your fault bro! You did not lose because your team!"
You have my sympathy, dunno what to say :/
Cryptidian (EUNE)
: Add total SUM for damage values in ability discriptions
> [{quoted}](name=Cryptidian,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=G2E2klW8,comment-id=,timestamp=2020-01-27T13:22:08.074+0000) > > I've been wanting this for the longest time. [...]. So instead of just having 3 separate numbers in Nasus Q, add another bracket that has the total damage number in it. This adds clarity to your champion's strength. ACtually why not. Would be a nice addition.
: Because he is enjoying other champs more and is not a tryhard meta slave ? maybe, just maybe the game can be played for your own enjoyment, not just to abuse broken champs in order to get virtual aproval LP points
> [{quoted}](name=The Elder Troll,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=oMtoaGdO,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2020-01-27T04:21:05.978+0000) > > Because he is enjoying other champs more and is not a tryhard meta slave ? maybe, just maybe the game can be played for your own enjoyment, not just to abuse broken champs in order to get virtual aproval LP points Well said
Câstiél (EUW)
: Care to show the account where this occured? Because I've never seen something like that happen in SoloQ.
: Xin Main Here, i just wish they don't Nerf Xin Zhao as i think he is the best jungler atm, i peaked at Diamond 4 in Preseason. i really don't get deeper about him as only a Xin Main may understand his true power. https://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=irdefender Xin is strong at any stage of games, while become a monster in late game. if you really have any question let me know, so i share my exp with him.
hmmm, impressive ^^"
manolis201 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Sona Crushes All,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=u7H6A3u9,comment-id=000400010000000000000000,timestamp=2020-01-26T16:59:26.124+0000) > > Ahri is a good champ maybe when you get plat? Same with Ori. > I would definitely pick one of these up as a mid laner once you feel big improvements in your fundamentals, since they are so relevant in almost every solo Q meta. > > In the meantime , i would play Annie/Liss... anything which just hits for free when you need it. > Focus on trades, wave management, and map awareness. Not skill shots and setting up weird intricate multi spell combos. QWERQWERQWER and win. > > Yuumi is sort of OP with the right champ, but... stick to mid if you can. > I mained support for 6 years and my CS sucks. Mid laners learn a lot more about waves and CS than supports, which is a huge gap in my knowledge. Mid laners can transition to support far easier than the other way around. > > Support does have benefits... since it teaches you to get the most out of a champ who has nothing more than a 3 level disadvantage, and just boots and 50ap. > > I mean i can kill people with half their stats just with mechanics. And thats because i mained support and have had to fight at massive imbalances since forever. > > > Dont just copy playing Sona unless you seriously want to play her. > I just happen to love her kit, since it covers healing damage and speed. But she is very gold dependent and in many ways a poor vision controller since she cannot scout/clear safely. > > Also i am a one trick and i have very unorthodox runes/builds. > My high elo games i actually play sona tank. IBG athenes, mercs, frozen heart, visage etc > > And the sonamains discord think my build (which clearly works) is complete crazy nonsense. > > Use probuilds.com as a guide, obviously use recent matches not old ones obviously. > But modify runes/builds to make them work for you. > Every matchup is different so understand what items need to be bought depending not just on the matchup but how the game is progressing. > > Rushing zhonyas VS zed is a waste when he goes 0/5, and the Diana jungle is 9/0 and is in no hurry to wait out your zhonya which doesnt really stop her killing you. > Building dynamically should be a natural part of your gameplay process. I almost never build the same items twice, even at 10 mins i will change my item plan, because we are ahead... or theres a fed assassin... or i need more healing etc > > Build with the flow of the game, and understand the most efficient item. Dont just take popular picks, think what will ACTUALLY be best? > > This is a game about problem solving, and most items counter some form of advantage. > Just think about what works best vs what champ. Plan every popular matchup and think what items WORK on your champ. > Abyssal is OP on malph/mao because he does melee range damage. But abyssal is dumb on xerath who is 1200 units away. > > Read item descriptions, look up how stats work, try to understand the different types of damage, even the how the maths of the game works. > There are CLEAR optimal choices to be made, and it certainly takes time and discovery to find hidden OP combinations. > > Frozen heart/liandrys hidden work together for example, since the attack speed reduction counts as a slow to buff liandrys damage. > So you dont have to get rylais to maximise the effect. > > There are LOTS of weird interactions with abilities and items, some still undiscovered no doubt. > > Depends what your goal is. > Your summs should make sense though. > > If you want to farm every wave or cover the map, TP is good. > Exh can counter Zed/Xin/Jax/Irelia/riven... anyone who does high all in burst trades > Barrier can block/bait a finishing spell and it has low cooldown. HOWEVER it is actually not as good as HEAL vs ignite. > Ignite obviously is to secure kills, if you are planning on killing your lane opponent over and over. But it sucks late game in teamfights. > Heal is good vs ignite, but its impossible to know really when people will definitely ignite, for now is ADC essential. > > Like i said, im a one trick. > I use electocute because it makes me stronger in lane, i can do burst that will 40% most people using that rune. > It doesnt require stacks like dark harvest, in order to be relevant. And it scales well with AP, so for me i like it. > Most other sona players use dark harvest now, but i dont like stacking it, and i hate the fact that AP scaling is awful. > > At low Elo most players are so bad they will give you free stacks. So I used DH in this climb series early on, until the players started denying me free poke. Then i changed back to Electro because im not risking death for 1 stack of DH. > > Runes can be situational sure. > If im against leona i will switch cut down for tenacity. > Tenacity stacks multiplicitively, meaning 35% from mercs and 35% from rune doesnt give 70%, it gives 52%. > But that means a 2.5 sec stun is only 1.2 sec and that means i live a lot more vs hard CC all ins. > > This is all down to champion and matchup knowledge. > Some lanes with Sona im 2pt Q 5pt W > if im getting poked i need heals, not damage. Keeping my bad adcs alive is really important for stopping enemy ADC getting free gold. > Sometimes i even take E level 3, because risk of early ganks are higher, or the enemy is hook based and i need to run away when they chase me/adc. > > Just learn what is objectively better, and do not autopilot any build/runepage/skill choice > > Play in the moment Hahah wow that is alot of stuff to get down,so everything is situational...thanks :D this will take me a while to get used to tho,but i beleve once i start to get this down i will move away from where i am,and that is actually indeed requires the biggest knowledge of the game cause you have to know too many things to combine obviously that many things together that is awesome and weird at the same time ^^ Well again i kinda wanna try these sona runes cause as a janna player i always have like 7-12 kills and triple kills so i wanted to learn sona too so i guess those runes will be ideal for my super agressive playstyle and mechanics xD. Thanks again Sona Crushes All have a good one! ^^
: LISTEN What i set out to disprove.... Is the myth that bronze....silver...gold...plat... is inescapable. There are people stuck in every Elo because - >Teams are coinflp... >Feeders every game... >I played so well but... mah teemz >Riot admits they force a 50% win... this is why i cant climb... So i have a new account, playing from the lowest Elo i can get because i want to prove that its none of the above. Infact its the players themselves who are not good at the game, and this is why they cannot climb. Is this CLEAR??
By definition more than 50% of all players will have an IQ of 100 or lower. I guess realising their own stupidity is above their IQ cap. So they have to start using insults like "autism" and other stuff. It's insane how they agree that your skill level gives you this advantage but at the same time want to keep up their mantra that skill doesn't matter, ELO is rigged ^^""""
: updated main post
Good job Mate unfortuantely people love to blame other things than their own lack of capability. So nearly no one will read this Thread. And nobody will cahnge their mind.
: Xin Zhao: Rework his E?
I actually would like to see a buff on Xin, for having no escape of any sorts his duelling isn't even that strong, especially in mid and late game vs most comps that have at least one hard CC you can do nearly nothing as Xin. Either you build dmg, than you are constantly in immediate danger of just dying. Or you build tank and have absolutely no Kill Threat and really poor CC. I used to play Xin a lot in S 2 and 3, but I pretty much never play him anymore cause he is too weak at the moment compared to all those new champs that have nice Mobility, Burst and other stuff in their kit, while Xin has 1 single target knockup and mediocre slow. No escape, no good defense. I nearly never see him being played anymore either.
: >I would like to know the main criteria for getting a S in jungle. You need to be better than average person on that Champion in that Role.
Yeah, that's how I understand it aswell. To get S or S+ on a champ you need to be much better than the average person on that champ in this role. That includes many things like Vision Score, Objective Control, Kill Participation, CS, Gold per min, Kills, Assists, etc
ChampZone (EUW)
: Who is the Helmet Bro?
He's the icecream girl Meme of LoL ! https://images.app.goo.gl/WAhmRfaDqcuA4AdR6
Protoje (EUW)
: You do have some point to it, but I gotta disagree with calling him OP. IMO, Lee Sin is one of the greatest Champs Riot has ever done. Not only does he have a Skillset that can be played by many, but also can be mastered for higher advanced players. He's fun to play and he can be a real game changer. But the best thing about him, that he seems to be one of the few Champions that are actually balanced since the dawn of time. Yes, he does have a strong early game, you can't argue with that. But he also falls drastically during the late. Which is totally fine. Wanna know why? His base dmg is pretty high, thats true. But if you build too much damage, you gonna explode like some popcorn eating chicken in late. And if you build too much resistence, you stop dealing damage at some point in late. But what most People don't understand, is the fact, that not every Champ that you got stomped by, is broken or way too over powered. Lee Sin can be countered in many ways, even in early game. Yes, he does have high duel potentional, but why would you even try fighting him 1on1 if you are not certain enough that you can win against him? (Which can also be said about probably every champ). Let's get an example here. You are on Bot and the enemy team has a Lee Sin, what are you supposed to do? Ward! Deep Ward the actual good ward positions (not only the river bush) and try to not let him get behind you. And even if that happens, you gotta CC the shit out of him. Oh, you thought playing Garen support was a good idea in champ select? Well, your fault then. Have a Brand support? Awesome! You can CC him and burst him down, cause his defensivness in early game sucks. Lee Sin doesn't need any nerf, nor a buff. But what is needed here, is the overall understanding about how to counter junglers. I used to play Lee a lot back in the days. And everytime I get this beast out of my closet to go for a round, I see People making the same mistakes all over again in low elos. I'd say i have like an 80% winrate in early with him, but not cause I'm a Lee OTP, or because he's broken. No, because People dont know the essential makro plays coming along with countering junglers, especially in low elos (like an ADC who thinks he doesn't need to buy pinks, cause he's the carry). I hope you got what im talking about here.
I think your points are very legit. But I have an suggestion/Question: From all you said. Why wouldn't if be healthy to tune down his early numbers a little bit but increase his late numbers a bit?
Show more

NiceFAIL

Level 111 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion