Surma (EUNE)
: Next game I'm 2-0 Talon after just 3 minutes in, but we had afk bottom lane, so the game just auto surrenders it... I mean shouldn't there be like option for this at least? i.imgur.com/JE4x222.png
it's called remake and i doubt you'd want to play a game with an afk despite having 2 early kills... Doubt your team wanted to play with less people either.
: Is it permabanable?
If you honestly think you can only get permabanned for telling people to kill themselves then you are mistaken. Just because you didn't show that exact level of toxicity doesn't mean you get away with it. What's visible in the logs is obvious negative and toxic behavior that does nothing but keep you and your team down.
: There is no 'diversity' when talking about statistical facts though.
> [{quoted}](name=Shukr4n,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=dFPHExmm,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-22T13:55:54.699+0000) > > Statistically u proved no data. I did though. You just refused to read it.
Shukr4n (EUW)
: actually, my lord, my intellectual level stopped at > But ok, agree to disagree which is very polite and clever, understanding when fighting is useless and accept the diversity. on your side, u kept on going with your PoV, so i answered "kappa". let me guess, you are still right and im still wrong also about this ? bye
There is no 'diversity' when talking about statistical facts though.
Shukr4n (EUW)
: Kappa
> [{quoted}](name=Shukr4n,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=dFPHExmm,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-21T10:22:26.025+0000) > > Kappa Sums up the intellectual level of your responses pretty well!
Shukr4n (EUW)
: Since it seems that tunnel vision is coming. U tell "on average". Good On average, a bronze player that start ranked and.is placed in silver is not on average. And im not talking about "im better then them" im stating that a fresh account with no ranked hystory, can be placed in silver and.ruin a average statistical rating. Is the silver player noob if he.cant carry the bronze? No Because u dont have to be "much more"higher than average to rank up as u see on streams. Commin sense, is also understanding my perspective about last part of the post. But ok, agree to disagree
> [{quoted}](name=Shukr4n,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=dFPHExmm,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-21T05:47:16.351+0000) > > Since it seems that tunnel vision is coming. > The only tunnel vision here is you refusing to accept statistical and mathematical facts, theres no need for a further discussion if you stopped trying to argue those statistic truths. > U tell "on average". > Good > On average, a bronze player that start ranked and.is placed in silver is not on average. And thats why he will derank. And if a player is just starting ranked, how can you be sure he's a bronze? > And im not talking about "im better then them" im stating that a fresh account with no ranked hystory, can be placed in silver and.ruin a average statistical rating. Again thats not how statistics work. The chance of that happening is eaual for both teams so the rng psrt is evened out anyway, meaning that those players are never the reason climbing is prevented. Just another fact. > > Is the silver player noob if he.cant carry the bronze? Again, you are speaking about occasional anomalies rather than statistical averages. Nobody has to carry every game. If you cant carry enough to win more than you lose tho, then you simply dont deserve to climb, absolutely nothing to do with new players. > Because u dont have to be "much more"higher than average to rank up as u see on streams. Never said you had to be much better than average to rank up though? > > Commin sense, is also understanding my perspective about last part of the post It isn't. If you write something objectively wrong, then common sense would be explaining why you were wrong, which I did.
Shukr4n (EUW)
: but we re discussing about SKILL, not RNG, right? shill should be the only factor here. at max, trolls and griefers, but not undeserved guests. actually not. if yourself is 5,0001/10 u tend to rank up when the equation is 5+5+5+5+5,000001>5+5+5+5+5 not when 5+5+5+5,000001+2 < 5+5+5+5+5 isnt it mathematically true?(hence statistically)
> [{quoted}](name=Shukr4n,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=dFPHExmm,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-20T20:29:54.721+0000) > > but we re discussing about SKILL, not RNG, right? > You started talking about rng and I told you that skill matters much more than rng. > shill should be the only factor here.. And in every team-based gamethere will be some kind of rng. The only thing that matters is that the impact of skill is much, much higher than that of rmg, ehich is the case in LoL. > at max, trolls and griefers, but not undeserved guests. You get matched with players better than you or worse than you around the same amount of games. If you are the one that has a higher skill level, you will be the deciding factor in more games than not, hence you climb. > > actually not. Actually yes. > > if yourself is 5,0001/10 u tend to rank up when the equation is > 5+5+5+5+5,000001&gt;5+5+5+5+5 > > not when > 5+5+5+5,000001+2 &lt; 5+5+5+5+5 > > isnt it mathematically true?(hence statistically) No, and that one just hurt to look at tbh. Some common sense when talking about things like this is advised. Statistically, the 4 other players on your team will have a skill rating of 5. So will the 5 players on the enemy team. So on average, if you are that fraction better than your opponents, you will climb. Dont just invent random numbers and act like you get the worse team, since that just isnt true. Climbing also isnt about winning all games as it is gaining more lp than losing, which happens even if you are such a small fraction better than the average player in your division.
Shukr4n (EUW)
: Well if average skill of silver is 5/10 and u are 5,00001/10 u are above average and tend to rank up. Then a 2/10 comes into your party and your media goes down
The chance of a 2/10 coming on your team is as high as one coming on the enemy team, so those cases will even out. The cases when the rest of the teams are averagely 5/10, but you are that 0,00001 better than the remaining enemy player, you will still tend to rank up. Thats just statistically true.
Kurotsu (EUW)
: What are you climbing stories?
I stopped playing random champions and roles in ranked instead of in normals and focused on the few (even one) champions that I can play to a decent level. While only having a slightly above 50% winrate overall from before I played them, my most played champion has 76% now.
Shukr4n (EUW)
: Deal is silver players gets those bronzies and get a hard match. A game based on skill cant be ruined by rng "who will get more newbies in his party?"
Skill plays a bigger part than rng though. If you cant get out of silver after a certain amount of games, that has more to do with your personal skill than the 'newbies' you get matched with. If you are more skilled than the average of your division, you will climb regardless of new players being in that division.
Shukr4n (EUW)
: I dont.thats why i ask.
And I do. That's why I replied.
: Entry Level For Ranked
If you are matched in ranked with people that just hit level 30, that usually means you're not that far above their skill level. Those people pretty much always play in low silver or even bronze elo, and if you are playing around the same skill level, that's on you and not on an 'unfair placement system'.
Shukr4n (EUW)
: Why dont anyone starts at bronze then?
I know plenty of people who started in bronze after their first placement.
: 1 shoting adc doesnt exist with tank?? Take an actual adc and go 1v1 a garen then come back we speak about this ;)
tanks that oneshot ADC's usually don't have a free engage and most importantly a much, much worse laning phase than wukong. also don't confuse bruisers with tanks. Wukong was a problem in soloQ as well, caps picking him midlane just showed that it's not just a low elo kind of thing, but a generally OP champion.
Father Tios (EUNE)
: So why league is worse than before?
It's all personal. At every single point in the history of league of legends there were people saying 'this is the worst state of league' , that doesn't yet make it so. Yes, some big voices are now also complaining about the state of league, but in an everchanging game that is simply bound to happen.
: Why have a reward system if its just a facade? Just remove it in its entirity instead of pretending to be mr.goodguy
it's not a facade if you litterally admitted to having received skins from the system.
ßoostedApe (EUNE)
: What do you mean?
> [{quoted}](name=ßoostedApe,realm=EUNE,application-id=Mpd1UjGe,discussion-id=52sirLVx,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-07-30T20:00:00.220+0000) > > What do you mean? That the descriptions of the abilities don't seem to give a clear idea of what the ability actually does or how the champion is supposed to be played. There's no real coherence and some things seem to have been misworded. When you describe the damage numbers, you forgot to add the numbers for secondary effects that were mentioned in the descriptions.
: Filtering champions by their region
Role is of actual strategic importance though. Picking a champion based off their region doesn't really aid in champ select, so it's not really the most logical thing to do.
ßoostedApe (EUNE)
: New champion - Eltarry pilgrim of Runettera
The descriptions seem to be very vague, and the stats posted don't line up with the description of the abilities.
TTekkers (EUW)
: > Everything I said was solely related to what I meant to say to the OP, and it was my bad for not noticing you were two entirely different people. It's cool, everything makes more sense now :D
> [{quoted}](name=TTekkers,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=lwlAXNYn,comment-id=0000000100010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-29T12:58:53.250+0000) > > It&#x27;s cool, everything makes more sense now :D Glad that's sorted out then ^^
TTekkers (EUW)
: You can definitely quote the OP, that's your prerogative, as another's may be to post pointless irrelevant memes. When you quoted that at me you were accusing me of having an opinion that I do not have, in a somewhat aggressive manner. Something no one appreciates. Next up, when I say _deal with it_ over the quality of the data at our disposal, I don't mean ignore the shittiness of it, I mean factor that into how you use it, and accept that while you can't use it with any precision, and that it's likely skewed. You use it with a pathetic R squared and assume that the error bars are skewed in a certain direction because people will critic before they compliment. You then use it to make a sweeping statement like _"many marksmen players are unhappy"_ and then infer that this may cause said marksmen players may stop playing. You do not say, _"league is dying, players are quitting, look at the unhappy marksmen players, that's the cause"_ since there is no proof that players are quitting, but there is proof a significant pool of players is unhappy, and that is a reasonable reason for them to stop playing. I actually agree with most of what you've said over data handling and so on and so forth, but as someone who works in the pharmaceutical industry I deal with data from biological assays quite frequently which come with the caveat that any numbers within 3-fold of each other are basically the same due to random variables. You get false +ives and false -ives, you get weird unpredictable effects and then when you get to cell and animal studies you get all the random variables between different pots of cells or different mice on top of this. But none of that means the data is useless, you just have to be aware of what's wrong with it and use it suitably.
> [{quoted}](name=TTekkers,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=lwlAXNYn,comment-id=00000001000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-29T12:22:13.570+0000) > > You can definitely quote the OP, that&#x27;s your prerogative, as another&#x27;s may be to post pointless irrelevant memes. >When you quoted that at me you were accusing me of having an opinion that I do not have I never accused you of having any opinion. I wanted to say what I said to the OP, you joined the conversation with something that was either related to the OP's opinion or not related at all, so I decided to continue explaining what I was directing at the OP. If you felt it was directly aimed at you, then that wasn't my intention. >in a somewhat aggressive manner. Something no one appreciates. Sorry if that came over as aggressive then. > > Next up, when I say _deal with it_ over the quality of the data at our disposal, I don&#x27;t mean ignore the shittiness of it, I mean factor that into how you use it, and accept that while you can&#x27;t use it with any precision, and that it&#x27;s likely skewed. > You use it with a pathetic R squared and assume that the error bars are skewed in a certain direction because people will critic before they compliment. You then use it to make a sweeping statement like _&quot;many marksmen players are unhappy&quot;_ and then infer that this may cause said marksmen players may stop playing. You do not say, _&quot;league is dying, players are quitting, look at the unhappy marksmen players, that&#x27;s the cause&quot;_ since there is no proof that players are quitting, but there is proof a significant pool of players is unhappy, and that is a reasonable reason for them to stop playing. And I said that if you want to say that currently we have the highest amount of players leaving the game, then you need an actual source saying exactly that. Has nothing to do with the source that is the forums, since that isn't a source at all when dealing with this statement. Saying people are unhappy and might have a reason to quit isn't even remotely close to being good enough of a source to validate this statement. > > I actually agree with most of what you&#x27;ve said over data handling and so on and so forth, but as someone who works in the pharmaceutical industry I deal with data from biological assays quite frequently which come with the caveat that any numbers within 3-fold of each other are basically the same due to random variables. You get false +ives and false -ives, you get weird unpredictable effects and then when you get to cell and animal studies you get all the random variables between different pots of cells or different mice on top of this. But none of that means the data is useless, you just have to be aware of what&#x27;s wrong with it and use it suitably. And I agree with what you say about dealing with this kind of information, but that was just not what I was talking about. I think we've moved on too much from the actual topic which was just me directing something at the OP. As I'm usually typing from my phone, it's hard for me to tell directly if the one replying to me was the OP or not, so that's what caused the confusion. Everything I said was solely related to what I meant to say to the OP, and it was my bad for not noticing you were two entirely different people.
TTekkers (EUW)
: Firstly, if you're going to be passive aggressive make sure to quote the correct people you're referring to. I am not the OP. Secondly, I agree that for a single reliable point of information going to the boards or Reddit or similar is like quoting Wikipedia. However, a recurring theme of Wikipedia is that it's mostly correct, even if there are a lot of errors, opinions and one-up-man-ship polluting the data source. So by applying the same logic to these boards and similar sources if you only saw one or two threads or comments where marksmen mains were moaning then you'd assume it's a one-off of a single salty player. But that's not the case currently, there are a shitload of threads and comments from a whole bunch of different accounts all saying similar things, and that consistency outweighs the unreliability of the source. And no, I can't be bothered to link them, I don't have all day. Thirdly, how does no one saying they like the current meta discredit other people saying they dislike it? People are always more likely to complain than compliment, that's just human nature and when dealing with something as intrinsically human as opinions it's just something you have to deal with. From a more objective data source I would be a little more sceptical, but people are the most subjective data source there is and you just have to deal with that.
> [{quoted}](name=TTekkers,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=lwlAXNYn,comment-id=000000010001000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-29T08:35:40.649+0000) > > Firstly, if you&#x27;re going to be passive aggressive make sure to quote the correct people you&#x27;re referring to. I am not the OP. The comment I made was specifically directed to the OP. If you want to defend him, but say I'm not allowed to quote the OP, then that's your problem. > > Secondly, I agree that for a single reliable point of information going to the boards or Reddit or similar is like quoting Wikipedia. However, a recurring theme of Wikipedia is that it&#x27;s mostly correct, even if there are a lot of errors, opinions and one-up-man-ship polluting the data source. Except the fact that Wikipedia is mostly meant to be an informative source of information. While not reliable as your sole source, it should give an idea about the truth because that's the intention of an online encyclopedia: to give the truth. Forums are almost solely meant to give opinions, and mostly of those who are unsatisfied, and thus rarely gives a good idea of the truth. >So by applying the same logic to these boards and similar sources if you only saw one or two threads or comments where marksmen mains were moaning then you&#x27;d assume it&#x27;s a one-off of a single salty player. But that&#x27;s not the case currently, there are a shitload of threads and comments from a whole bunch of different accounts all saying similar things, and that consistency outweighs the unreliability of the source. And I wasn't talking about the fact that people are unhappy, I'm well aware that a lot of marksmen players are unhappy at the moment. My only concern towards the OP was that in a place where people complain all the time, you'd need a valid source to prove that right now there are the most people complaining about it, and more importantly, that right now also the largest amount of players are leaving the game, which isn't represented correctly just using complaints. >And no, I can&#x27;t be bothered to link them, I don&#x27;t have all day. I don't need a source to know people are complaining, that's a given, but if you want to say (and i don't target you specifically by this) that one specific point in the game has caused the most people to leave, then you will need to show a valid source for that, that's how things work. > > Thirdly, how does no one saying they like the current meta discredit other people saying they dislike it? I never said it discredited it, it just shows that not everyone's opinion is represented by what you see on the boards. Not every unhappy player will write a post about them being unhappy, and the same goes for people who are happy, whose posts are extremely rare for quite obvious reasons. > People are always more likely to complain than compliment, that&#x27;s just human nature and when dealing with something as intrinsically human as opinions it&#x27;s just something you have to deal with. Again, just because it's in human nature doesn't make a forum a valuable source for this information. > From a more objective data source I would be a little more sceptical, but people are the most subjective data source there is and you just have to deal with that. And the point is that if you want to use something statistically (in this example: right now the largest amount of people are leaving League of Legends), then using a subjective source is not a valid one. And because the boards, as you say, are filled with people like you and me who prefer to show their opinion, those expressed opinions don't make for a good source to a claim like this. It's not about me having to deal with people being subjective, you just missed the point.
TTekkers (EUW)
: But that's not what I claimed. All I said was that there are a lot of unhappy marksmen mains, and a quick scan of these boards, the other regional equivalents and Reddit is probably enough of a source.
> [{quoted}](name=TTekkers,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=lwlAXNYn,comment-id=0000000100010000,timestamp=2018-07-28T21:10:37.625+0000) > > But that&#x27;s not what I claimed. Really? >this is the high number of players who have stopped playing This must've been miswritten then. >All I said was that there are a lot of unhappy marksmen mains, and a quick scan of these boards, the other regional equivalents and Reddit is probably enough of a source. Forums aren't providing actual statistics. People on there complain all the time. Rarely do people write a post saying they like the meta, obviously. So no, those aren't enoug of a source. Saying people are unhappy is just a given with a game this big.
TTekkers (EUW)
: That IS the standard. Although, a lot of marksman mains are not happy given the changes over the last 6 months or so have been geared more and more towards one-shot levels of damage leading to a grey screen bug and then the whole marksman class got gutted in early game exactly to time with a fast snowball meta. And given no one likes to see their ENTIRE CHAMP POOL gutted you probably don't need a source for that. And you can't disagree with that even if you are a mage/bruiser main who loves this meta.
> [{quoted}](name=TTekkers,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=lwlAXNYn,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-07-28T12:57:25.279+0000) > >And given no one likes to see their ENTIRE CHAMP POOL gutted you probably don&#x27;t need a source for that. You do need a source to prove this single season has caused the most people to leave in the history of league of legends.
AkaGuga (EUW)
: Feel free to take a check. kkk I'm not the only.
> [{quoted}](name=AkaGuga,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=lwlAXNYn,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-07-28T12:53:06.045+0000) > > Feel free to take a check. kkk I&#x27;m not the only. If you make a claim it's not our job to check if it's true. Either you provide proof yourself or you lose your credibility.
AkaGuga (EUW)
: Riot think bout the future
> [{quoted}](name=AkaGuga,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=lwlAXNYn,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-07-28T12:44:27.520+0000) > > (this is the high number of players who have stopped playing) Source? Or is it just 'I am not happy with the changes of the game and I represant the majority of the community' again?
: Tired of smurfs.
1) are you completely sure these accounts were higher elo smurfs? Names alone dont mean anything. 2) you are equally likely to lose due to smurfs as to win because of them. Your rating wont get significantly changed just because of them. And playing against better players should be good for improving to be honest. 3) smurfing will never be something explicitly bannable. Higher elo smurfs will get higher elo, unless they play on a level that is below their own, in which case you won't see noticeable issues in a game. Yes, when they intentionally make a game worse just because they know its not their main account it sucks. But that is equally punishable as trolling, in which case you can and should just report the person.
kriegnes (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Princess Loluta,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=X6KwB2LT,comment-id=000200000002000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-26T20:48:13.365+0000) > > It does, actually. That&#x27;s the whole reason low elo exists without people being banned for playing in it. If you are bronze, you are doing stupid and ignorant things, and it&#x27;s justified by your rank. Consistently do stupid things, and you&#x27;ll get a low ranking. That&#x27;s simple. > yes ofcourse it does. but only to a certain degree. especially if you like i said just ignore your team and its calls and just keep doing your own stuff while dieing. im quite sure that people who play lol are able to read. > > The fact that you&#x27;re comparing someone dying in an accident to someone having a bad score in an online game is just a complete joke. Not even going to answer that one. > yes my comparison was quite extreme. but you should get the point shouldnt you? > Communication and flaming are two different things. Ordering people around and telling them what to do also isn&#x27;t communication. And if you honestly think someone will get influenced by you saying &#x27;stop dying top&#x27; for example, as if that thought has never crossed their mind, as if they wouldn&#x27;t know that dying is bad. If it&#x27;s unintentional, it&#x27;s not punishable. Consistent mistakes due to lack of skill are already punished by your decrease in ranking. > saying stop dieing is probably the most useless and stupid thing to say. but if you say things like stay under tower, dont fight and actual reasonable requests then its something different. i also dont expect people to just do everything i tell them. but that doesnt mean you can completly ignore your team and do your own thing even tho you should realize its not working. im not saying that people who play as bad as this should get punished. but they shouldnt be mad at someone because he gets frustrated by this. i am not trying to defend the behaviour of these people insulting everyone for every mistake. but if you refuse to communicate at all, just die the whole time, even go afk then people get mad for a reason. ofc staying calm and everything helps more. but you cant really blame them. > And if they&#x27;re not intentionally doing something then they aren&#x27;t going to be able to magically fix their mistakes because you asked them to. > if he tries to fight his already fed laner the whole time and dies and dies and we tell him to just try to farm, not to fight and stuff and he just ignores it i dont even believe it counts as unintentional. officially yes but personally no. > Again, it&#x27;s not about the people feeding getting mad over being flamed, it&#x27;s about the fact that flaming litterally improves nothing. So even that ashe has the right to report you. Because nothing gives you the right to intentionally show toxic behavior. > its not about improving the situation. its just someone being mad at someone else. > And what does this have to do with the topic? Your comparison makes absolutely zero sense, if you&#x27;re going to implement analogies in your answers please use valid ones. Veganism and flaming are not analogies. Neither are car accidents and feeding. > just because you dont get it it doesnt mean it makes no sense. maybe i explained it wrong. i have seen many people complain about vegan people like i now see many people complaining about flaming. the thing is i havent really seen many of these annoying vegans people complained about which made the complaining people more annoying than the annoying vegans themselves. just switch vegans with flamers. > How does the flame show you people who are trying to win? Flaming in no way represents the will to win, it only shows people are focused more on the performance of their teammates which they can&#x27;t influence rather than focus on their own gameplay to possibly change the outcome of a game. Flaming only shows people are invested more in trashtalking than actually winning the game. > because they wanted to win but realised they wont if this person plays like this. this person could make winning impossible and when a person realises that they wont win because of this person they get mad. at this point you already have accepted defeat.
> [{quoted}](name=kriegnes,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=X6KwB2LT,comment-id=0002000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-27T03:11:56.466+0000) > > yes ofcourse it does. but only to a certain degree. So we both agree that flaming ruins the game for people and doesn't do anything good, hence it's pretty reasonable that punishments exist for it. > > yes my comparison was quite extreme. but you should get the point shouldnt you? Nope, because there's no point in comparing a car accident to someone feeding in-game. Use valid comparisons to prove your point, otherwise there is none. > saying stop dieing is probably the most useless and stupid thing to say. but if you say things like stay under tower, dont fight and actual reasonable requests then its something different. It's reasonable, but still doesn't mean the top laner should automatically get flamed if he doesn't listen to a random player of his own skill level. Just because you say reasonable things doesn't mean a player is obliged to follow those orders. >i also dont expect people to just do everything i tell them. but that doesnt mean you can completly ignore your team and do your own thing even tho you should realize its not working. it's true that if a person keeps trying to fight the enemy toplaner in a 1v1 despite having lost several times already, he should listen to advice like this. However, I don't think you look at every situation the top laner is in and see exactly how he dies. Maybe it was a close call. Maybe he got ganked. Maybe there was some other factor playing its part. However, if you spent the time necessary to actually look at all your toplaner's mistakes, then you aren't focusing on the game and thus ruining the game themselves > im not saying that people who play as bad as this should get punished. but they shouldnt be mad at someone because he gets frustrated by this. as I said multiple times, they have every right to be frustrated over someone's intentionally toxic behavior. > i am not trying to defend the behaviour of these people insulting everyone for every mistake. but if you refuse to communicate at all, just die the whole time, even go afk then people get mad for a reason. ofc staying calm and everything helps more. but you cant really blame them. There's a difference between being frustrated and intentionally expressing it. Obviously its understandable that people get frustrated when they see players like this. Most people would be like that. But you can either stay calm or lose yourself and give in to your anger, which isn't understandable. > if he tries to fight his already fed laner the whole time and dies and dies and we tell him to just try to farm, not to fight and stuff and he just ignores it i dont even believe it counts as unintentional. officially yes but personally no. Good thing the punishment system and definition of intent aren't based on your personal interpretations then. > > its not about improving the situation. its just someone being mad at someone else. And that consequently making the game even worse, and thus should be punished since it's intentionally bad behavior. > > just because you dont get it it doesnt mean it makes no sense. maybe i explained it wrong. I don't get it because there's no use in trying to prove points using false analogies. > i have seen many people complain about vegan people like i now see many people complaining about flaming. Veganism and flaming are two entirely different things tho. Veganism is a lifestyle that's generally based around the environment. Flaming doesn't really compare to something like that in any way, and thus shouldn't be used in a comparison. > the thing is i havent really seen many of these annoying vegans people complained about which made the complaining people more annoying than the annoying vegans themselves. just switch vegans with flamers. So vegans are bad for the community and veganism is bannable? > > because they wanted to win but realised they wont if this person plays like this. They failed to realise that them focusing on their own game, like most people do, increases the chances of winning drastically. Flaming is closer to giving up than to trying harder to win. So no, flaming and wanting to win aren't the same. > this person could make winning impossible Except that very few games are actually impossible to be win. Unless of course you make it unwinnable by flaming instead of trying to win. >and when a person realises that they wont win because of this person they get mad. at this point you already have accepted defeat. Just because people falsely accept defeat and commit to flaming doesn't mean it's the right or logical thing to do.
kriegnes (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=NU Male official,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=X6KwB2LT,comment-id=0002000000020000,timestamp=2018-07-25T18:59:47.974+0000) > > Good that you wouldn&#x27;t be crying, but you&#x27;re forgetting about the important fact that the one playing badly isn&#x27;t the only one who sees the negativity that&#x27;s projected towards them. Everyone in your team suffers from your dumb behavior. > they suffer more from the feeding tho > First of all, it&#x27;s not about complaining, it&#x27;s about wanting proper behavior. If you&#x27;re unintentionally making a game worse, then you have every right to disapprove of someone&#x27;s intentionally negative behavior. That seems fairly logical. > doing something unintentionally doesnt justify being completly stupid and ignorant. if you rush into the enemy the whole time and ignore the people who tell you to stop then people may get mad. since when are we defending stupid behavior? people that kill someone because they went drunk driving are still getting thrown into prison. they didnt want to kill someone it was unintentional. if you play ranked i expect people to use their brain, to communicate and not mute people from the beginning (or just ignore them). its not like i want them to carry the game and play like diamond but if everyone tells you to stop maybe you should? if you only feed, ignore everyone and dont type at all, maybe even go afk like that ashe in this example did then dont get mad if someone flames you. > What does this have to do with anything lmao. i know no vegan. ive never had someone tell me that he is a vegan every 5minutes. that goes for many people. but for some reason the hate on vegans and people complaining about them can be found everywhere. ive only seen people making fun of them or complaining about them. you can compare this with the flaming problem. yes ive seen some flamers who cry for no reason (while actually being the one who sucks) but most of the time i have people just playing and trying to win (and the top laner dieing every 2 minutes). i see more complaining about flame than flame itself.
> [{quoted}](name=kriegnes,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=X6KwB2LT,comment-id=00020000000200000000,timestamp=2018-07-26T18:01:38.763+0000) > > they suffer more from the feeding tho It's not about what they suffer more from, it's that you intentionally make them suffer more while you have the easy choice not to. > > doing something unintentionally doesnt justify being completly stupid and ignorant. It does, actually. That's the whole reason low elo exists without people being banned for playing in it. If you are bronze, you are doing stupid and ignorant things, and it's justified by your rank. Consistently do stupid things, and you'll get a low ranking. That's simple. > if you rush into the enemy the whole time and ignore the people who tell you to stop then people may get mad. > since when are we defending stupid behavior? Since when are we punishing mistakes and progress? >people that kill someone because they went drunk driving are still getting thrown into prison. >they didnt want to kill someone it was unintentional. The fact that you're comparing someone dying in an accident to someone having a bad score in an online game is just a complete joke. Not even going to answer that one. > if you play ranked i expect people to use their brain, to communicate and not mute people from the beginning (or just ignore them). Communication and flaming are two different things. Ordering people around and telling them what to do also isn't communication. And if you honestly think someone will get influenced by you saying 'stop dying top' for example, as if that thought has never crossed their mind, as if they wouldn't know that dying is bad. If it's unintentional, it's not punishable. Consistent mistakes due to lack of skill are already punished by your decrease in ranking. > its not like i want them to carry the game and play like diamond but if everyone tells you to stop maybe you should? And if they're not intentionally doing something then they aren't going to be able to magically fix their mistakes because you asked them to. >if you only feed, ignore everyone and dont type at all, maybe even go afk like that ashe in this example did then dont get mad if someone flames you. Again, it's not about the people feeding getting mad over being flamed, it's about the fact that flaming litterally improves nothing. So even that ashe has the right to report you. Because nothing gives you the right to intentionally show toxic behavior. > > i know no vegan. ive never had someone tell me that he is a vegan every 5minutes. that goes for many people. but for some reason the hate on vegans and people complaining about them can be found everywhere. And what does this have to do with the topic? Your comparison makes absolutely zero sense, if you're going to implement analogies in your answers please use valid ones. Veganism and flaming are not analogies. Neither are car accidents and feeding. >ive only seen people making fun of them or complaining about them. you can compare this with the flaming problem. yes ive seen some flamers who cry for no reason (while actually being the one who sucks) but most of the time i have people just playing and trying to win(and the top laner dieing every 2 minutes). How does the flame show you people who are trying to win? Flaming in no way represents the will to win, it only shows people are focused more on the performance of their teammates which they can't influence rather than focus on their own gameplay to possibly change the outcome of a game. Flaming only shows people are invested more in trashtalking than actually winning the game. >i see more complaining about flame than flame itself. Probably because the complaints about flame are also of games that you weren't part of, and thus flame you couldn't possibly have witnessed, and the fact that in-game people rarely say 'I don't like flaming' when they aren't actually getting flamed. Just an idea.
TTekkers (EUW)
: The caveat to learning off the pros is that there are huge differences in teamplay and coordination. But if you bear in mind that neither you nor your teammates are that good, there is some good stuff to learn :)
> [{quoted}](name=TTekkers,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=03yWHAWt,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-25T22:17:14.533+0000) > > The caveat to learning off the pros is that there are huge differences in teamplay and coordination. But if you bear in mind that neither you nor your teammates are that good, there is some good stuff to learn :) Teamplay and coordination generaly don't affect the way a champion is played mechanically, and especially the laning phase in which the overall champion knowledge plays an important role, most things a pro does can be used to learn. As in overall gameplan for a champion, that indeed does change depending on the elo you're in.
Legend298 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=swampert919,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=03yWHAWt,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-07-25T19:46:31.247+0000) > > If you enjoy them then you should put effort into learning them, there isn’t a set time where you should or shouldn’t play difficult champions... but if they fit your playstyle and your willing to learn them then nothing stopping you But i am losing a lot of games when playing Fiora, and my kda is horrible.
> [{quoted}](name=Legend298,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=03yWHAWt,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-07-25T20:01:52.328+0000) > > But i am losing a lot of games when playing Fiora, and my kda is horrible. You should try watching pro players play that champion and see what they usually do, if you actively invest time into figuring out what you're doing wrong and what you should be doing, you should be making a lot more progress. Also, not finding good results when picking up a champion is completely normal, so don't let that bring you down.
kriegnes (EUW)
: i dont really go 1-15 but if i would i wouldnt be crying about people flaming me. i would be muting them for being annoying and focusing on getting back into the game and not be a %%%%% about it. if i am the one destroying the game for my whole team then i am in no position to complain..... you are right if someone cant control himself he shouldnt be on the internet. but the same goes for someone who cant live with being insulted and starts crying about it. its the internet there will always be some stupid 12 year old kids throwing insults at u. there will always be short minded people. there will always be aggressive ones. if you cant live with that dont use the internet. im not really a fan of flaming but the people complaining about it are being more annoying. they are like the peoples complaining about vegans telling everyone that they are vegan.
> [{quoted}](name=kriegnes,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=X6KwB2LT,comment-id=000200000002,timestamp=2018-07-25T18:15:36.223+0000) > > i dont really go 1-15 but if i would i wouldnt be crying about people flaming me. Good that you wouldn't be crying, but you're forgetting about the important fact that the one playing badly isn't the only one who sees the negativity that's projected towards them. Everyone in your team suffers from your dumb behavior. >i would be muting them for being annoying and focusing on getting back into the game and not be a %%%%% about it. if i am the one destroying the game for my whole team then i am in no position to complain..... First of all, it's not about complaining, it's about wanting proper behavior. If you're unintentionally making a game worse, then you have every right to disapprove of someone's intentionally negative behavior. That seems fairly logical. > > you are right if someone cant control himself he shouldnt be on the internet. but the same goes for someone who cant live with being insulted and starts crying about it. Report for toxicity aren't because people are butthurt. I report flamers that don't flame me, simply because I don't want to play with them, that shouldn't be too hard to understand, is it? Stop thinking that only the ones getting flamed are sick of flamers. Everyone is. > its the internet there will always be some stupid 12 year old kids throwing insults at u. there will always be short minded people. there will always be aggressive ones. if you cant live with that dont use the internet. im not really a fan of flaming but the people complaining about it are being more annoying. And if I want to report stupid 12 year olds that waste their time writing insults at people who are having a bad game, then I have every right to do so. In fact, most people will think and do the same. >they are like the peoples complaining about vegans telling everyone that they are vegan. What does this have to do with anything lmao.
: The punishment system needs a rework.. Here's my idea!
> [{quoted}](name=mike tzibibakis,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=H2PPojGH,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-07-25T15:54:59.714+0000) > >What about when people intentionally feed in a game, they can do it in countless games before they get caught and banned. Obviously people are going to have to play a lot of those games in order to be detectable. Otherwise too many people just having a bad game would risk getting a punishment. Intentional feeders are hard to detect, so there are a lot of games necessary to have enough data to punish someone. >Toxicity is really hard to stop, It&amp;#039;s like an addiction. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be punished. If you're really addicted to flaming, you should seek some help, Riot games shouldn't be the one providing psychological support for people like that. It's a gaming company. >Sometimes I don&amp;#039;t even remember writing the things I did like 5 minutes after. It&amp;#039;s like it&amp;#039;s become muscle memory. Muscle memory to flame is a pretty bad excuse. It means you've already adopted that kind of behavior as being natural, which isn't good. A punishment would only help in that case to take your time and look at your own attitude rather than let you do your thing and ruin games for others. > This system will never work, if you permanently ban someone they can create another account and the loop begins again. The system isn't specifically meant to reform people as it is to provide a way for this behavior to be punished and thus be decreased. Obviously the few rotten apples aren't going to change their behavior over a ban, but imagine the bans not existing and how terrible that would be for the game. >My suggestion is that you should use bans instead of chat restrictions. As an example, if you were toxic a few games you would be banned for 30 minutes to let the player cool down. 30 minutes 5 times then, 2 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours, 2 weeks, a month, 6 months and a year. If you get banned for 2 weeks, for example, you have to wait a month after that ban is over for the system to restart and then the bans will begin at 30 minutes again. Reducing the punishments will have a worse result. Waiting for 30 minutes doesn't do anything since people could just play a game on their smurf, get a 30 minute ban on that account but go back to their first one since the ban is already over. Giving people less time to revise their behavior won't change it.
JamieSp (EUW)
: The way that you described the ashe this game suggests that it was more than a bad game, standing afk and ruining games is much worse than someone calling her out and saying that she is feeding. Flaming has no place in a competitive game, however the ashe has done her best to destroy the competitiveness of the game. Therefore, it is understandable when she has ruined the game for 9 others that they want to air their frustrations. If the game had ended in a loss, you undoubtedly would be here complaining about how you were unable to carry a teammate that didn't want to win, and that they are the worst kind of person to play league. Flame in this scenario is never the problem, flame is the problem when your team is trying to win but there is one person that brings the morale of the team down so much that people no longer want to play the game, as the ashe clearly already wanted to lose then flame would not have made much of a difference.
> [{quoted}](name=JamieSp,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=X6KwB2LT,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2018-07-25T11:06:15.089+0000) > > The way that you described the ashe this game suggests that it was more than a bad game, standing afk and ruining games is much worse than someone calling her out and saying that she is feeding. Except that flaming mostly isn't just stating that someone is feeding. And again, what good does it do to point it out or even insult that player? Just because that player might be (unintentionally) making a game worse and creating a bad experience for you, doesn't mean you get the right to break rules. The world doesn't work that way. >Flaming has no place in a competitive game, however the ashe has done her best to destroy the competitiveness of the game. Therefore, it is understandable when she has ruined the game for 9 others that they want to air their frustrations. It's understandable that people get frustrated, but it's not understandable that people think they have the right to start breaking rules themselves without any consequences. Even if the Ashe did this intentionally, there's nothing that flaming will solve. If you can't control your frustrations over a bad player in an online video game, then that's on you, not on the 'troller'. > If the game had ended in a loss, you undoubtedly would be here complaining about how you were unable to carry a teammate that didn&#x27;t want to win, and that they are the worst kind of person to play league. Highly doubt that this is the first game the OP had where someone had a terrible score like that. And there's a difference between saying 'oh well I guess my ADC trolled this game, happens' and writing a post on how flaming these players should be allowed. > Flame in this scenario is never the problem, flame is the problem when your team is trying to win but there is one person that brings the morale of the team down so much that people no longer want to play the game, as the ashe clearly already wanted to lose then flame would not have made much of a difference. Flame is always a problem and never a solution, if you think otherwise then you're just having problems understanding the impact of flame.
kriegnes (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=kriegnes,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=X6KwB2LT,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-07-24T22:27:25.075+0000) > > good for you. you are the perfect human being and i wish i could be you! > btw if you think people flame because they hope that the other player will improve then you are not as smart as you think you are. > so you tell me its ok to play 1-15 but its not ok to be mad because someone does that? > u people cry that toxic people &quot;ruin the game&quot;. > well for me the people always feeding are the ones ruining the game. wheres the difference? stop being a %%%%% about it. if you play bad you may get called a noob or smth like that get over it and stop crying. Good for you if you think people that have bad games, which you undoubtedly also have, ruin your experience. That still doesn't give you an excuse to start flaming them. If you need to vent so bad and can't control yourself over an online game, then you shouldn't really be here anyway.
XxJordy (EUW)
: I was Plat but now im gold..
If you got plat once you can get there again. If you've been losing a lot of games in a short span it might be best to stop playing for a bit. You are more likely to tilt and such after a few losses, so continuing to play might be a bad idea. Try doing some other things to avert your thoughts, watch some gameplay of pro players ot even your own until you feel confident enough to start playing again. Rapid demotion doesn't have to mean that you don't deserve the rank anymore, so it's up to you to prove that.
: What if youre a 5man premade and joke in team chat but enemy saltlord reports you after you stomp them? You would get banned for trigger words despite no one in the game being affected or offended by it(because enemies cant see it and your friends are also joking). By joking i mean saying %%% after bad plays, calling then %%%s and nignigs.
> [{quoted}](name=CrystalFlame,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=VphwvB4Y,comment-id=000100000000000000000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-23T21:31:20.452+0000) > > What if youre a 5man premade and joke in team chat but enemy saltlord reports you after you stomp them? You would get banned for trigger words despite no one in the game being affected or offended by it(because enemies cant see it and your friends are also joking). By joking i mean saying %%% after bad plays, calling then %%%s and nignigs. Then you still agreed to posting things in the public chat that are not allowed. if you're a 5 man premade group and are set on using extremely offensive and prohibited words, then it shouldn't be so hard to either use private chat or a voice comm. Not that using those words would add much to a game either way. If you get reported and are found to spew words like '%%%' and '%%%%%%', then Riot games is under no circumstances obliged to be the platform for that behavior, and has every right to punish you. Either way that has nothing to do with the case of the OP who just blatantly insulted his team.
Lyrcaxis (EUNE)
: **Is it possible to get permabanned without any warnings though? If so, why?** I find it very possible for people to "joke" about racial stuff between friends and be misinterpretted as haters, or unwillingly trigger some people by commenting on a playstyle: "that's gay" and be greeted with a permaban, lol... PS: Found [THIS EXAMPLE](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/miscellaneous/TWxYUsVt-instantly-perma-banned-no-warning-no-chat-ban) while I was searching. PS2: I never got myself banned, btw..
> [{quoted}](name=Lyrcaxis,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=VphwvB4Y,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-07-22T23:44:44.282+0000) > > **Is it possible to get permabanned without any warnings though? If so, why?** > > I find it very possible for people to &quot;joke&quot; about racial stuff between friends and be misinterpretted as haters, or unwillingly trigger some people by commenting on a playstyle: &quot;that&#x27;s gay&quot; and be greeted with a permaban, lol... > > PS: Found [THIS EXAMPLE](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/miscellaneous/TWxYUsVt-instantly-perma-banned-no-warning-no-chat-ban) while I was searching. > PS2: I never got myself banned, btw.. The context of privacy between your friends is different from an online environment with strangers. You're free to do things like that with your friends using private messages, but if you're using all chat or team chat you're attempting to make use of the public platform of league of legends which does not support behavior like that, no matter what you intended to do with it.
Reichs (EUNE)
: > Yeah, let's make a punishment system arbitrary, that should really improve the idea. It is currently much more arbitrary than my idea. > Any innocent person who wouldn't be able to perform well for a measly 3 games in a row. Your score at the end of the game means absolutely nothing, people can get an S while having thrown away many opportunities towards a victory, while a person who got a bad start could still have tried to win, but was unable to pump his score high enough to not be caught by this system. Any system that would give punishments based off scores is just dumb anyway. The grading checks more stats than just KDA. If one has bad KDA, bad damage, bad objective damage, bad cs, little wards, they played bad regardless of result. Besides, their intentional feeder detection is probably already looking at scores.
> [{quoted}](name=Somaliapina,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=Io2l3AUd,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-13T23:38:27.635+0000) > > It is currently much more arbitrary than my idea. > In what way? There is nothing in the system that actively bases itself off randomly changing the punishment requirements for the punishment to be issued. > The grading checks more stats than just KDA. If one has bad KDA, bad damage, bad objective damage, bad cs, little wards, they played bad regardless of result. Besides, their intentional feeder detection is probably already looking at scores. Not everything gets graded equally. If a player chooses to give up farm to help other lanes, while finding success that is not equally rewarded by the grading system but helps winning the game more, he'll still be negatively affected by this system. Playing for your grade isn't playing to win, and should never be the focus of a game. Also, the intent to win and actual effort spent into a game isn't detected by a grading system, and is the one thing that actually matters when handing out punishments. Unless you want to punish players that aren't performing greatly but try their hardest, while leaving people that play well but don't try to win.
Reichs (EUNE)
: Could be countered by randomizing it a bit, sometimes give ban already after 3 or 4 bad games. Also the grade is pretty hard to manipulate, it takes CS, damage and many other things into account. And tell me any innocent person who would get banned. A normal player gets a C+ or worse maybe every 30 games. It's almost impossible to play so many bad games in a row accidentally.
> [{quoted}](name=Somaliapina,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=Io2l3AUd,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-07-13T22:03:21.696+0000) > > Could be countered by randomizing it a bit, sometimes give ban already after 3 or 4 bad games. Also the grade is pretty hard to manipulate, it takes CS, damage and many other things into account. > Yeah, let's make a punishment system arbitrary, that should really improve the idea. > And tell me any innocent person who would get banned. A normal player gets a C+ or worse maybe every 30 games. It&#x27;s almost impossible to play so many bad games in a row accidentally. Any innocent person who wouldn't be able to perform well for a measly 3 games in a row. Your score at the end of the game means absolutely nothing, people can get an S while having thrown away many opportunities towards a victory, while a person who got a bad start could still have tried to win, but was unable to pump his score high enough to not be caught by this system. Any system that would give punishments based off scores is just dumb anyway.
Reichs (EUNE)
: Suggestion: getting a grade worse than B- in ranked 5 times in a row should result in a ranked ban
How to circumvent this system as a troller and not get affected by it. -Troll 4 games -In the 5th game just play for your stats but still don't do enough to contribute to a victory because stats don't mean a single thing anyway -repeat for the same results as with the current system, and have a laugh because innocent people actually will get affected by this.
Joetri10 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=NU Male official,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=thbFEJUd,comment-id=00000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-04-18T16:40:52.811+0000) > > Being &#x27;pretty confident&#x27; isn&#x27;t enough when talking about something being rigged, either you provide sources or you don&#x27;t make any claims as if they are valid points. My source and proof is there is in now way that someone can play a game for over 3/4 years, have over 3000 recorded games, and somehow after all this, have a fixed 50/50 for over 6 months. It doesn't happen.
> [{quoted}](name=Joetri10,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=thbFEJUd,comment-id=000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-13T21:14:29.084+0000) > > My source and proof is there is in now way that someone can play a game for over 3/4 years, have over 3000 recorded games, and somehow after all this, have a fixed 50/50 for over 6 months. It doesn&#x27;t happen. That's no source and no proof. Will be happy to check back when you find actual proof.
Swiix (EUW)
: Champion ban rate
You're pretty selfish if you think the game would only be fun if you could play the champions you like. If I can only choose to not play against 2 champions as a solo player, that doesn't give me time to ask my teammates for other champion bans as well as doesn't ensure the champions that I don't want to play against. If a teammate shows he wants to play a certain champion, I will probably not ban it even if it were to be on my ban list, and that's something that's fundamentally wrong with your system, that you'd have to decide what champions to ban and pick before you even get to champion select. Also, as a duo player you'd be able to get 4 unique bans which would be too much of an advantage compared to a solo player. Overall ban rate shows how much people dislike to play against a certain champion. taking it away by seemingly making up for it will just take away the fun for other people. Because there rarely are only 2 champions that you'd not want to play against.
JT Mas (EUNE)
: Nerf kayle and how much range champion need to become ranged?
So she needs to get nerfed because windwall doesn't counter her? Also, imagine how stupid she would look if activating her E actually caused her to fire projectiles. Kayle is not in need of a nerf, if anything she needs a rework.
kriegnes (EUW)
: srsly you are getting annoying with your stupid 50% argument.you dont know anything you are just being stuck at that one stat. i am actually ranking up btw. if you are such a fan of stats why dont u look at my match history? 11/5/12 6/6/6 23/4/5 13/5/6 4/6/6 0/3/9 5/5/9 15/5/11 5/7/14 yeah im such a feeder i am as bad as the people who go on top lane end up 0/6 and die trying to do solo herald. i wasnt even trying to say that i deserve to get higher than silver. everyone who plays enough will eventually get higher than silver its not that hard. i was talking about the people being so bad that they shouldnt even be in silver. and then you come and try to tell me that i am just as bad as them and i have no right to say anything because i am such a bad player with my lower than 50% winrate. its hard to keep up a high winrate when you get people playing 0/8 every second game. you are not believing me a FACT. i am saying that there are people i know personally, people that started this game this season, people i teached the game, people that say themselves that they are still very bad or that i am much better than them, that these people end up in my rank.
> [{quoted}](name=kriegnes,realm=EUW,application-id=Mpd1UjGe,discussion-id=j4t9EwMv,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-11T00:36:39.231+0000) > > srsly you are getting annoying with your stupid 50% argument. only used it once though, and it's a valid argument whether you like it or not. >you dont know anything you are just being stuck at that one stat. So you didn't bother reading the rest of what I wrote, that's sad then. >i am actually ranking up btw. if you are such a fan of stats why dont u look at my match history? I'm not talking about your recent success, I'm talking about the overall success you were having adn that if you were truly so good > 11/5/12 6/6/6 23/4/5 13/5/6 4/6/6 0/3/9 5/5/9 15/5/11 5/7/14 Now you're the one bringing stats up, the hipocrisy is real. Especially since KDA says less than winrate, and your KDA's aren't even that special. > yeah im such a feeder i am as bad as the people who go on top lane end up 0/6 and die trying to do solo herald. Never said any of that, but I guess you refused to read the post anyway. > i wasnt even trying to say that i deserve to get higher than silver. everyone who plays enough will eventually get higher than silver its not that hard. i was talking about the people being so bad that they shouldnt even be in silver. And how can you, as a silver player who doesn't have that much game knowledge, decide that people are too bad for the standards of silver? > and then you come and try to tell me that i am just as bad as them and i have no right to say anything because i am such a bad player with my lower than 50% winrate. I'm just saying that if you don't manage to get a good winrate against bad players that you are equally bad, that's just a fact. > its hard to keep up a high winrate when you get people playing 0/8 every second game. The 'I have people that do this on my team' argument is utterly garbage and invalid, so don't try to bring that up please. > you are not believing me a FACT. i am saying that there are people i know personally, people that started this game this season, people i teached the game, people that say themselves that they are still very bad or that i am much better than them, that these people end up in my rank. Again, silver players might not have a good enough game sense to understand WHY they are the same ranking as you are. Added to that, I doubt the players you mentioned have watched all of your and their own games to verify if you're actually much better than them. Nonetheless, if you are placed with people in the same elo, that means that you both belong there. If you say you're better than those players, who don't deserve silver yet just so happen to stay in silver, a feat that is quite remarkable, then you shouldn't be the same elo as them. Simple. Just because people say you're better than them doesn't mean that makes for a good argument, and you shouldn't say it's a 'Fact' I'm ignoring. It's not.
abixbg (EUNE)
: What do you not understand of ALL RANDOM in the mode name!!?!?!?
> [{quoted}](name=abixbg,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=MAh9MekK,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-07-10T23:22:49.143+0000) > > What do you not understand of ALL RANDOM in the mode name!!?!?!? All random means the chances of getting that one champion, which isn't even so unfair to play against compared to others, are low enough as they are. no need to disable or change balance specifically just for this gamemode. You shouldn't get so upset over that.
Exhibit B (EUNE)
: This explains it all
If you get autofilled as an ADC without having enough experience to play the role, or just the bottom lane in general, not necessarily an ADC, then obviously you aren't going to have the same experience you would have as your main role. Your opinion doesn't really make sense since it's just based on a rare experience that you don't have enough knowledge of. Sure, if you were maining Bot lane since the release of LOL, got high enough elo that you know what you're talking about, then your opinion on the current state of bot lane wouldn't be warped. Currently, though, as just an autofil experience, your botlane knowledge is insufficient to properly speak out about the role.
kriegnes (EUW)
: i know enough people who are playing like bronze. they even say so themselves but they still got into s3. at the same time i have played with and against people who should be higher. like i said im just that low because i dont play very much. but this kinda goes for everyone. you have to be extremly bad to not rank up with time.
> [{quoted}](name=kriegnes,realm=EUW,application-id=Mpd1UjGe,discussion-id=j4t9EwMv,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-09T22:07:21.679+0000) > > i know enough people who are playing like bronze. they even say so themselves but they still got into s3. at the same time i have played with and against people who should be higher. like i said im just that low because i dont play very much. but this kinda goes for everyone. you have to be extremly bad to not rank up with time. And you have to be extremely delusional to just keep telling yourself that you deserve to be higher and can easily climb yet fail to have a >50 % overall winrate against people as low elo as you. This isn't an attack on you, I'm just saying that if you are at the lowest class of league of legends players, your insights might not be good enough to point out everything about your teammates and where they deserve to be, including yourself. Instead of focussing on how your teammates play like bronze or not, just focus on your own gameplay, that's all that ever mattered in climbing.
kriegnes (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Lane Police,realm=EUNE,application-id=Mpd1UjGe,discussion-id=j4t9EwMv,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-07-09T05:53:08.559+0000) > You couldn&#x27;t be more wrong. Silver ELO is the entry point in the ranked ladder. Every new player, that leveled to 30 on bots, and did his 10 matches, if he didn&#x27;t lose all 10 games, he got silver. Now I wouldn&#x27;t say the said player has clear understanding of the basics. Silver 2 and 1 are the most densely populated ELOs, due to this. Everything below that - is below average. > by the time you are level 30 you should know that attacking the rift herald alone when u only have like 10% HP is a bad idea. i often see people play as if its their first time. running around the map just doing random stuff. > Now don&#x27;t get me wrong, this isn&#x27;t an attack on your person, I&#x27;m not trying to offend you. But : you&#x27;re in silver for the 5th year in a row now. With sub 50% win-rate. Maybe the issue is not with the system? A player with a 5 year experience, should be able to easily achieve at least gold. Since Riot decided to put rewards in Gold - that ELO has become the entry-point in understanding the game. Gold is not an achievement any more, for any player that has played the game for at least a year or two. It&#x27;s pretty clear, you start in silver, and as time goes on - you move up in the ranks - first being gold. > you would be right if i actually played 5 years on a row. i had seasons i skipped. i never completly played a whole season. i play normals and arams too. i didnt invest as much time into this game as you think. getting gold isnt about my skill its about time. i could have been gold like 3 seasons ago. some years ago when my brother was still playing he played up to platin. not because he was such a good player but because he just spammed rankeds. when he was finally platin he had like 300+ wins. also you seem to forget that bronze elo also exists. this is where people should start not silver. when i started with rankeds i got bronze 5 but i deserved it. today people get into silver 3 that play as bad as i did back then. > Perhaps I&#x27;d consult with some online or personalized coaching, there&#x27;s an underlying issue somewhere, that you fail to see. > lol
> [{quoted}](name=kriegnes,realm=EUW,application-id=Mpd1UjGe,discussion-id=j4t9EwMv,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-07-09T16:20:19.132+0000) > > also you seem to forget that bronze elo also exists. this is where people should start not silver. when i started with rankeds i got bronze 5 but i deserved it. today people get into silver 3 that play as bad as i did back then. if someone plays ranked for the first time and has average performance (not losing all 10 of his placement games but also not performing too well) why would there be a reason to place him below average? If he played his placements below average, then he should get placed below average (in bronze). Same goes for above-average performance. The fact that you get matched with and against those players, and still don't seem to win more against them only shows that the system was correct in placing them with you.
FatesMid (EUNE)
: You are saying mostlikely, but what if it is? what if there is nothing wrong on my end? And only a few people are affected by patch 8.13b, what then? still my problem?
> [{quoted}](name=FatesMid,realm=EUNE,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=AlM20FxL,comment-id=00000000000000000001000100000000,timestamp=2018-07-09T13:10:00.184+0000) > > You are saying mostlikely, but what if it is? what if there is nothing wrong on my end? And only a few people are affected by patch 8.13b, what then? still my problem? With most likely I mean that the chances of there being something wrong with Riot's servers but only affected as few people as post about it would be close to zero. And then having to invest time into looking into a problem, which is probably not that easy to find since it only affects a few people (which again would be extremely rare) would not really be beneficial for the company. I'm not saying you should be fine with that, I'm just saying that, how things are right now, you'd be helping yourself much better by looking into what possibly could be causing the issue rather than expect Riot to do that. Riot never caters to such a small minority, especially when it's almost certain that they won't be able to help anyway.
Show more

Princess Loluta

Level 93 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion