: Buying expensive champs as beginner?
Don't spend RP on champions, whatever you do. You'll regret it later, unless you really don't care at all about skins I guess. Once you get rolling the IP will come streaming in and you'll have plenty of champs before you know it. Think of the IP cost as a challenge, it's satisfying to look forward to unlocking a new champion and feel like you've really earned it once you do.
: I can not handle toxicity of premades #WE NEED SOLO Q
I hate premades, they seem to flame more than average, they bully people out of their chosen lanes, and they're just overall a lot more selfish than solo players. And in EUW they're constantly typing to each other in random languages. Wish I could somehow flag an option to NOT play with premades.
Rioter Comments
: Hextech Crafting bug?
That's a good suggestion, thanks, but I get raged at enough by random players in normals, let alone people grouping with me so I can possibly get them a chest.
IcyzoR (EUNE)
: The hextech loot.
How old are you? Like eight years old?
StewHaze (EUW)
: Regarding "gg ez"
I don't care in the slightest if someone types "gg ez", as far as I'm concerned they might as well be typing "gg I'm 12 years old".
: Hextech Crafting bug?
I hate that you have to be in a premade party for this, I don't have a single friend that plays LoL and have never been in a premade, ever. The best way to get an S myself is to play carry champions, which I don't necessarily feel like doing.
BlackIceXd (EUNE)
: Un-Ban BlackIceXd -Eune
Account sharing is not allowed. Raging is not allowed. You should be double-banned!
XIC Wolf (EUW)
: LoL is without a doubt the most rage inducing game I have ever played, for several reasons: - lack of balance (getting beaten by someone who simply played an op/broken champ is _NOT FUN_) - this community - the way Rito handles the community And I have played a lot of games.
> [{quoted}](name=Wolf In Tux,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=pzLilAhL,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-03-23T14:00:35.131+0000) > > LoL is without a doubt the most rage inducing game I have ever played, for several reasons: > > - lack of balance (getting beaten by someone who simply played an op/broken champ is _NOT FUN_) > - this community > - the way Rito handles the community > > > And I have played a lot of games. It is a rage inducing game, but I don't think it's for the reasons you listed. I think a lot of people don't realize quite how much the game design leads to inevitable raging, it isn't all the community's fault. Most LoL players have played plenty of other online games without feeling the urge to flame. 1. Individual player gold and xp Leads to flaming over killsteal and minion farm, as players perceive that their team-mates are setting them back. IMHO, any game where you complain because a team-mate gets a kill is inherently flawed. 2. Heavy snowball mechanics Constant flaming for giving up kills, leads to greed and gripe, with players monitoring and criticizing the performance of other team-mates across the map. 3. Riot caters heavily to the meta game Rather than trying to break the meta, giving champions kits and options to perform in different roles and mixing up the game mechanics, Riot is constantly tweaking their game _around_ the meta. This leads to players getting flamed for non-meta picks, build-paths, and actions (eg. support taking CS). 4. Game duration Particularly at low levels, games can go on well past the 45 minute mark. This translates to a heavier time-investment on the player's part, and increases the perceived importance of winning a game. 5. ELO System and Promotion games It has a lot of merits, but the ELO system implies that losing a game can actually set you back as opposed to not playing at all. So not only can a player cause you to 'lose' the time you invested in a game (see point 4), but they can actually cause you to lose ranking and even blow your divisional promotion. 6. Explosive team fights and 1v1s Skirmishes, team fights, and 1v1s are usually over in seconds once engaged. One mistake can throw an entire team fight for your team, leading to flaming and raging. If the game was designed for more frequent and sustained team-fights, with less focus on farming, there would be less complaints over a missed skillshot or a poorly chosen engage. I'm not saying that the game should necessarily be changed, I enjoy it the way it is, I'm only saying that there are a lot of mechanics that inevitably lead to team mates becoming frustrated with each other. People rage given the right circumstances, it's just a fact of life. The only reason I can think of that this community is inherently any more aggressive than other communities is just due to the average player age, which as far as I know is pretty low in LoL.
SloPro11 (EUNE)
: Why does everyone ban zed?
Well I'm not the best mid-laner in the world, for sure, but for what it's worth... I absolutely hate Zed and will ban him every single time if I can. He is the only champ that I feel I have to play perfectly to beat, his kit seems oppressive because he has really strong poke, awesome escape, huge burst, and especially, no mana. I don't know what Riot was thinking, playing against this champ is just not fun in any way. I'm not saying Zed is broken, just that I hate playing against him. He's alright once you get Zhonya's or a QSS, but I spend the whole of the early game pushed under turret desperately trying to avoid his shurikens, until I'm low enough for him to just execute me with his ult. Ususally, by the time I get zhonyas I've given up a kill or two and am massively behind in CS, and more often than not I get flamed for it too. #permaban.
Rioter Comments
: Alistar combo
There must be something wrong with it, it isn't working properly. Has anyone else noticed this? I wish they hadn't touched it, it really was not hard at all to pull of the Ali combo if you just knew you had to hold down Q. Also, a few games ago I hit Q and got stun-locked before my pulverize went off. It actually went off AFTER the stun wore off, which I've never seen happen before.
Rioter Comments
: these Americans are so thick in the head it makes me cringe, there contradicting everything there saying... I prefer longer games Also having a fed lane that can push 2 towers by minute 20 is way to op and annoying asf when you try to help your dying teamamte, just to realize your enemy laner is destroying your towers meanwhile, resulting in more gold for the enemy team, resulting in items advantage then snowballs..
> [{quoted}](name=Indirulz123,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=4NFKdEVk,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2015-11-22T20:51:20.092+0000) > > **_these Americans_** are so thick in the head it makes me cringe, **_there _**contradicting everything **_there _**saying... {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
DELDE115 (EUW)
: Riot and games ending to fast (their thoughts about it).
I would come back to League of Legends, if the games were shorter. Long game time is one of the main reasons I've more or less stopped playing, along with the restrictive meta and player rage.
TTekkers (EUW)
: How to win in low-ish ELO
You lost me at "Do not die in lane".
hucyber (EUW)
: Easy jungle
Elise is hard for a beginner. I would go for Warwick, Yi, or Xin Zhao, all of these are mechanically easy champs with good survivability in the jungle. Yi and Xin (especially Yi) can absolutely dominate pre-level 30, when your opponents don't understand the importance of grouping up and are easy to pick off one by one. If you want someone tankier you could go for Volibear, he's a really safe jungler with simple mechanics, great for learning to jungle. Voli doesn't have the kill potential of Yi or Xin, but he can really take a beating for your team.
Player 00 (EUW)
: PPE(Public Past Environment)
If Riot decided to reboot the season 1 code tomorrow, League would still be a meta-focused game. It wasn't Riot's changes that made League the meta-prison it is today, it was the community. The only thing Riot can do about this is to implement new maps and game modes that force you to abandon the meta, but I don't see them doing that anytime soon.
: If you didn't play for over a week, you missed 5.22, which is the preseason S6 patch ...and ever since then the games are so unbearably short!
> [{quoted}](name=SilverSquid,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=MTeINNuE,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2015-11-13T12:58:28.873+0000) > > If you didn't play for over a week, you missed 5.22, which is the preseason S6 patch > ...and ever since then the games are so unbearably short! Yeah I just played my first game since the patch, 41 minutes. But one game is not a lot to go by :)
: Before you play the new patch:
Literacy: giving tryhards an unfair advantage since the middle ages.
: > 15% heal on crit, and 20% attack speed boost for 4 seconds... on a 2s cooldown!! It's getting hotfixed, will only work on champion hit then, so no more healing on minions, monsters and stuff.
> [{quoted}](name=LV42 Haunter,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=n2GZl71f,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2015-11-13T09:28:27.666+0000) > > It's getting hotfixed, will only work on champion hit then, so no more healing on minions, monsters and stuff. Oh wow, for some reason I assumed it was already only on champion hit. Anyway that mastery will still be ridiculously OP, and not just on Yasuo.
JoBilly (EUW)
: A few questions for the new masteries
I have a question too. How exactly does the Bounty Hunter mastery work? Do you get 1% increased damage permanently, as soon as you kill an opponent for the first time? Or is it a damage buff that wears off?
: Games are reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaally short!
If only this were true.... I haven't played League in a few weeks now because the games are just too long for me. I'd rather play a MOBA I enjoy less, than have to put up with one more 60+ minute game. If the games really are getting shorter, then maybe I'll switch back.
: > [{quoted}](name=Enjutsu,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=n2GZl71f,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-11-12T09:05:37.434+0000) > > It's snowballing now because hardly anyone knows how to do what so it's easy to snowball. > > Then there are those who forgot to do theyr masterys or are testing them out. Yeah but remeber that this is the season of minions buffs if u're haead , hypercarries items cost down , mages and tank items cost up So basically yasuo can build up a statick and a infinity in less of 18 mins , with good runes u have 97% crit chance with a IE i mean that's ridicoulus( i'm a yasuo main)
> [{quoted}](name=TheComboNation,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=n2GZl71f,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2015-11-12T09:18:43.964+0000) > > Yeah but remeber that this is the season of minions buffs if u're haead , hypercarries items cost down , mages and tank items cost up > So basically yasuo can build up a statick and a infinity in less of 18 mins , with good runes u have 97% crit chance with a IE i mean that's ridicoulus( i'm a yasuo main) And don't forget that ridiculous new mastery, that seems made just for Yasuo. 15% heal on crit, and 20% attack speed boost for 4 seconds... on a 2s cooldown!!
: What happen with the game?
Did you fix your masteries?
: What is the longest legit match ever played in LoL
I had a 68 minute game last week. It was a loss too, and I had to play with Renekton, a champ notorious for falling off late game. So yeah... it sucked :)
iMystericc (EUNE)
: PLEASE READ MY FULL TEXT ( big problem )
Really? I didn't know that, I assumed you just didn't get a new one. Wow that's harsh...
iMystericc (EUNE)
: PLEASE READ MY FULL TEXT ( big problem )
Yeah your rewards are gone for this year, so you'll keep whatever border you have now until the end of 2016. That's what you get for account sharing, which is a silly thing to do. If the idea was to get your friend to elo boost you, then you'll just end up pissing off all your teammates as you slowly sink back to the level you belong at, assuming Riot doesn't find out and bans your account.
JQKAndrei (EUW)
: The definiton of anti-fun
The definition of anti-fun is this: Pick {{champion:11}} , walk into lane thinking you're gonna melt some noobs today. Find {{champion:24}} there waiting for you. {{item:3070}} {{item:3070}}
: if you participate in team fights and don't die, you get A or S grade you don't have to "ks" or rage. You just got to "not die", and "fight together with your team". If anything, this punishes people that split push a lot
> [{quoted}](name=Serika Zero,realm=EUW,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=zVB7AlfE,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2015-11-04T11:05:16.029+0000) > > if you participate in team fights and don't die, you get A or S grade > you don't have to "ks" or rage. You just got to "not die", and "fight together with your team". > > If anything, this punishes people that split push a lot Explain that to the average player, who thinks he doesn't do well because his teammates are bad (bad gank, bad support, bad team fight, etc.). Now, he will think he isn't getting skins because his teammates are bad. I guarantee you, 100%, this will lead to more flaming.
: About the new disenchanting system...
"Mastery Chests will be tied to your post-game grades" Please god no........ This will only lead to more flame and rage, and more killsteals too. Whoever came up with that idea clearly didn't think it through.
Hansiman (EUNE)
: > Oh and...yeah "every other system will do more harm since its exploitable" A quote from a guy in the forum, and things that Rito employes will tell ya. Then show me a system that isn't exploitable, and won't destroy the LP system.
> [{quoted}](name=Hansiman,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=UEVWpap6,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-11-02T00:05:03.505+0000) > > A quote from a guy in the forum, and things that Rito employes will tell ya. > > Then show me a system that isn't exploitable, and won't destroy the LP system. There are many, many options that Riot could look into to reduce the impact of AFK's, but they don't seem to prioritize this. A bot or clone could join your team (no gold on kill), minions could be stronger, turrets could gain a shield, the team could receive a small buff, death timers could be reduced, move speed could be increased, experience gain could be increased, the list goes on and on. They'd have to balance it correctly of course, so that no team would ever be at an advantage playing 4v5, but at least maybe they could slightly offset the impact of losing a player and give you a fighting chance. Right now, it's surrender at 20. The major issues ruining this game are AFK's and flamers IMHO, and Riot really need to step up their game in tackling these problems. Leaver-buster and bans for flaming just don't cut it.
: i have been banned for nothing
: Yasuo is completely unfair.
The problem isn't just windwall, you would never play Annie into Yasuo because he can be right on top of you in a heartbeat. All these control mages and assassins in midlane like to sit back and either whittle you down from range (mages) or go in for the burst kill (assassins), but Yasuo can get right in their face and melt through them like butter.
I have to agree, Yasuo has a hard time against bruisers and juggernauts. The above mentioned Renekton, Darius, Garen, Jax, Fiora, should all win lane fairly easily, assuming similar levels of skill. I ban Yasuo because he's strong in mid lane, against squishy mages and assassins a single whirlwind can spell death after level 6. But he's a weak top lane pick IMO.
: Fiora...
Also, won't quicksilver sash effectively negate her ult completely?
: Fiora...
What about Jax?
Say what you will, but I ban Yasuo every single chance I get, more than any other champion. I'm not saying he's broken, but in the right hands he spirals out of control while in the wrong hands he's uselss, as he has a high skillcap and needs to get fed. I shudder when I see him on my team, and I shudder when I see him against me, so Yasuo is permabanned as far as I'm concerned.
Dessem (EUW)
: I tried it earlier and it worked just fine for me. What are you doing exactly? If you have one bot on your side and go bot lane, it may be that the bot thinks he's your support Vayne.
> [{quoted}](name=Ramuhdo,realm=EUW,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=HJhVL9EO,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-10-27T17:16:09.999+0000) > > I tried it earlier and it worked just fine for me. What are you doing exactly? If you have one bot on your side and go bot lane, it may be that the bot thinks he's your support Vayne. Well for example, I'll play a 2 (+ myself) v 3 bot game, go top, and whatever bot comes top with me will stay there rather than moving to cover the empty lane. I don't remember seeing a bot move out of my lane in a long time.
: cyberbullying
Trolling has nothing to do with cyberbullying, which is a _very_ serious form of harassment that involves public humiliation through social networks. Please don't compare it with trolling in League of Legends, which is unpleasant and a waste of your time but nothing comparable to what some kids do to each other in Facebook.
: Report them.
> [{quoted}](name=NathanusMaximus,realm=EUW,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=HJhVL9EO,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-10-27T16:57:39.001+0000) > > Report them. Lol, I should. The enemy bots also flame me with witty remarks at the start and end of the match :p
ExilJack (EUNE)
: How they looked like before their transformation?
They all looked like this: {{champion:17}}
Agréll (EUW)
: Plat smurf, need help ranking upp troll bronze account
Lol, you're plat and you need help to get out of bronze?
Rioter Comments
: New Game Mode Idea :D
I like this idea a lot, but I would prefer it if you got a random champion from your champion pool each time you died. I'd put a time limit on it though, like 5 minutes or something, because it would be frustrating to rethink items and skills only to go out and get instaganked. Anyway, sounds like a lot of fun! Make it happen, Rito!
: If you indirectly need to state someone is behaving childish by calling them kid, then your behaviour is just as childish if you ask me. In other words, using the word "kid" as an insult in any context whatsoever in my eyes is hypocritical. Also stating that you end up playing with 11 year olds is stereotyping and shows you have just as much respect of the community as you assume other people have. In other words, in no case are you helping the community improving, contrarily, you're making it worse actually.
> [{quoted}](name=Glacial Storm,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=kIxUw2tF,comment-id=0003000300000000,timestamp=2015-10-27T14:02:58.930+0000) > > If you indirectly need to state someone is behaving childish by calling them kid, then your behaviour is just as childish if you ask me. In other words, using the word "kid" as an insult in any context whatsoever in my eyes is hypocritical. > > Also stating that you end up playing with 11 year olds is stereotyping and shows you have just as much respect of the community as you assume other people have. In other words, in no case are you helping the community improving, contrarily, you're making it worse actually. I'm not at all indirect, I tell them outright that their behavior is childish, and hopefully they'll improve it in the future. I don't use "kid" as an insult, because it isn't one. I'd give my right arm to be a kid again ;) Also, saying that 11 year olds play this game isn't stereotyping, stereotyping would be saying that all 11 year olds are instalockers, which thankfully isn't true. But on average, I do believe that the youngest LoL players tend to have less respect for their team mates than older players. I might be wrong, but let's be honest, when you see an instalocker come out with comments like "STFU penis face, I go mid", do you really envision a 40 year old sitting behind that keyboard? I think not.
: If you ask me, video games aren't a thing that should be restricted by age. Genre and style of a game should decide it's age category. Games such as Minecraft and Splatoon are arguably directed more at younger ages while games like Call of Duty and GTA are directed more at older categories (ironically, it might be the wrong way around for some games (like CoD)). It's just that the comment "kid" is the literal worst of ways to insult someone since, regardless of context, since you are just trying to refer to the ignorance of a child that doesn't get its way. This is one of the weakest kinds of insult you could even throw at someone. It doesn't anger me, it just perplexes me that people think it actually makes you win an argument.
> [{quoted}](name=Glacial Storm,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=kIxUw2tF,comment-id=00030003,timestamp=2015-10-27T13:24:47.005+0000) > > If you ask me, video games aren't a thing that should be restricted by age. Genre and style of a game should decide it's age category. Games such as Minecraft and Splatoon are arguably directed more at younger ages while games like Call of Duty and GTA are directed more at older categories (ironically, it might be the wrong way around for some games (like CoD)). > > It's just that the comment "kid" is the literal worst of ways to insult someone since, regardless of context, since you are just trying to refer to the ignorance of a child that doesn't get its way. This is one of the weakest kinds of insult you could even throw at someone. It doesn't anger me, it just perplexes me that people think it actually makes you win an argument. It's not that it makes you 'win' an argument, it's that you're pointing out to someone that they're behaving in a very childish way, when they ignore any form of rational reasoning. Unfortunately this happens way too often in League of Legends, because you do end up playing with 11 year olds who don't respect other players, and haven't developed enough to understand the implications of their behavior.
: DDOS???
What makes you think this is caused by a player, rather than Riot's servers?
: Sorry if I'm offending anyone with this...
When someone is acting immaturely, for example refusing to cooperate, ignoring pick order and going double mid, etc., I see nothing wrong with pointing this out. If you're acting like a spoiled child, expect your team to call you one.
: My Account is banned
You also have lost your season rewards.
Show more

Snakeyes 80

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion