: They actually spend zero effort banning you since its a bot. And game 2 is there because you argue with your team for the entire game.
And Arguing is now toxic? Well Riot just makes more and more rules as they go along don't they? All I was doing is trying to get my team mate to realize that him running it down is dumb , but some people are fat babies who cry when they don't get their one trick pony champion to play with , so they counter act by trolling and inting , and Riot doesn't give a sht about them doing that because it costs too much of their time they would rather spend making more champ skins to pry more money out of their customers , then ban them to make them pay even more. Good Business tactic , if you are a thief.
MasterKota (EUNE)
: now your getting it. So dont fight the system just join it. Just dont flame at all and when u get super mad just get on your smurf or something like that and go soraka jungle. and im not saying that you troll. im saying that you tryhard and also be very positive in chat. That way they wont be able to hold themselves in and they will hard flame you. Its a win/win. U get people banned, you have fun, and you let out stress, and your main doesnt get banned. Just giving you the red pill. Its how to fight the system. its much better to do this than to be the one who flames the people who do this. cause only one of those gets banned and i figure you already know who
Well got my new account up and running , guess it's time to get some others banned , seems as it's only fair. Right Riot?
MasterKota (EUNE)
: daniel san wax on wax off. you still have much to learn. you do not call them social justice warriors. to fight them truley you become a social justice warrior. so from now on SIR STEVEMc356 by the counsel of the social justice warriors white knights, i hereby announce you an SJW white knight defender of the weak and innoncent of this corrupt internet gaming world. from now on you will fight evil by reporting toxic players because they are the root of all evil. also make that smurf and soraka jungle {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: I think my brain just imploded trying to follow your mental gymnastics run wild
Look who doesn't have anything to argue with either {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} "cute"
MasterKota (EUNE)
: dont try to improve dude. just make another account that you have for tryharding and when u get tilted play soraka top and stuff like that. that way others will flame you, you will laugh and have a good time, and they will get banned for flaming you. Be the smarter man and join the fun of this community. Heck play soraka jungle.
And my flaming is the problem with this game {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} {{sticker:sg-janna}}
: >Well I don't have time to argue here all day , agree or disagree with me , I really don't care at this point. Can't come up with decent counter arguments so you go with the "I don't have time" tactic Cute {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} >I don't care , your just another person i'll probably never meet or want to meet in real life. So were the people you flamed. Tell me: why was it worth wasting your time talking to them but not our friend above?
> Can't come up with decent counter arguments so you go with the "I don't have time" tactic > Cute No matter any good reasons I bring up , there will always be a way for someone to manipulate it or find a backdoor to make it seem way more awful than it really is (blowing things out of proportion). Secondly even if these social justice warriors can't argue against a good point I have , they just go running back to the history books like it's their bible. > Tell me: why was it worth wasting your time talking to them but not our friend above? Because Flaming (for me) takes less than 2 minutes , talking to a social justice warrior who does nothing but look at every negative part of something you say will go on for eternity. I don't know about you , but talking about such a bullshite topic for such an amount of time is not worth it. Besides after flaming someone I usually just Mute them , I get my message across about how I feel , then i end the conversation. Call it running away from a fight , but personally it's just to not waste time so i can actually try salvage the game they %%%%ed up by trolling and inting.
MasterKota (EUNE)
: you should have been the better man and made secondary account where u troll and int passivly so you get others banned instead of getting yourself banned. That always helps relax a bit
Agreed , fight fire with fire , always works out... I guess this is the conclusion these social justice warriors are after since they say trolling is less of an offence than flaming (for some god awful reason).
: Permanently Banned
I understand why I was deemed Reported for Game 1 and Game 3 , I called nasus the F word (slang for a homosexual) and in the 3rd I said Kill your self to Varus , Which I do kinda regret , was just a burst of anger when someone decides to Flash Ult to steal a kill from you when you clearly have it. I don't see why the game 2 is deemed toxic , I was simply explaining to our team why we are losing , or is saying someone has a fat ass at the end of a game considered toxic? {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} But whatever , I know I can't be unbanned , because its too much effort , even though they are happy to ban and throw restrictions on you (twice the effort) {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
Zyzyx (EUW)
: > I don't think intentional feeding , trolling or afking is that hard to detect Well you are wrong about that. Detecting inting and trolling was always a problem in Leauge and still is. It was even a problem when not just one, but 20-50 people checked those cases, back in the Tribunal. And what you seem to forget is that not only Riot has a lot of employees, but also more than 100 million players. And you think one employee can check those 100 million players? Think again. You need a whole army to do that. And THAT is something not even Riot can afford. > The 4 things you mentioned here , are 4 things I have personally never seen in league of legends Well, you can't "see" team spirit. And whether you noticed it or not, there is solid evidence that flaming significantly reduces your chance to win. Riot did A LOT of research about that and shared plenty of info about it in the past. > But what is a Toxic person without a voice? Just a very quiet person... No, a toxic person without a voice is a toxic person that lost ONE of many ways to express aggression. The chat is just a symptom of the actual problem; just shutting down the chat doesn't solve the problem. > but why make everyone a criminal when some just have a big mouth? Because they are ruining the fun for others...intentionally. Flaming is something you DECIDE to do (contrary to having a bad game, for example) and you can at any point decide not to do it. That's why those people who flame willingly ruin the fun for others. Of course this kind of behavior is punished. > what do you expect me to do? Just move on and let the next inter ruin my game over and over again? It's not like flaming them helps you in any way. It just makes everything worse. It doesn't help. Either way you have no choice but to move on, you can't control others. Especially not by flaming them. > But in short , I've never seen a game where I call someone a wanker , or take the piss out of them and then they suddenly start inting or feeding , not to this day , its usually the opposite way around anyway , where i take the piss out of the person ruining my games. So you think it's not reasonable to assume that you insulting players might result in them reacting badly? Is that seriously something that seems unlikely to you? > Permanently Muting someone is pretty much taking the gun away forever , the gun can't be shot again. And a rich arsenal of other weapons can still be shot. > is almost like taking the gun away from someone then shooting the shooter with the gun , which is a bit inhumane if you ask me. Shooting someone kills that person. Forever. Getting banned means you lose ONE account in one of thousands games. You can even still play League, just not on this account. This is not at all the same as getting killed. At best it's like being dispossessed. > who knows maybe he had a mental condition? Having a reason why you did what you did is not an excuse. If you do not possess the ability to play League without flaming, you simply can't play it. It is a minimum requirement, exactly like having a functional internet connection. You agree to that in the terms of use. Using a mental condition as excuse for jerky behavior in League is like a blind man saying "It's not my fault I killed all those people with my car, I'm blind, I can't see people when driving". Well if you can't see, you can't drive. And if you can't play Leauge without flaming, you can't play League. Those are the rules and you agreed to them. > We all have our views , but just try to see it from my perspective , I do appreciate your feedback. Don't feel as though i'm attacking you back , i'm just giving you a bit more insight on my view of the events. Yeah, as much as I respect your view I'm afraid that you have to accept that some of your views are simply factually incorrect (for exampel your view that punishing inting is simple). Or this: > Getting banned from a game usually means you were directly affecting gameplay like Cheating , Inting , Afking or Trolling No, it doesn't. That is your personal opinion, nothing else. Your statement is factually incorrect, this is NOT what bans mean, this what you want them to mean. Bans are a punishment, that's it. And permabans are a way to remove players. That's what bans are. Everything beyond that is your own opinion, not a fact. Yet you treat your opinion like a fact and base your whole argument on it. You say you don't deserve your punishment because bans are meant for gameplay disruptions only. But they are not. That's something you made up. You did deserve this ban, because you broke the rules. Whether you like it or not.
Well I don't have time to argue here all day , agree or disagree with me , I really don't care at this point. Clearly the countless posts I've seen of people complaining about this system are irrelevant because Riot intended for a happy time Club penguin Community. Oh and by the way , Please remove the /Mute Command Riot , it's clearly a mishap in your programming since it is not needed , Banning everyone who expresses themselves is more appropriate than allowing a simple command to solve the issue. No wonder people actually play Dota , not for the gameplay , but for the people who play it. Judging you more on what you say than how you play a game, League is Officially a joke in my books. Insult my way of thinking , I don't care , your just another person i'll probably never meet or want to meet in real life. Signing out , until this game reverts from a 12 year old's game to an 18 year old's game. Enjoy your club penguin family friendly fun time {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} Because the scum is leaving {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
Smerk (EUW)
: We already had such system in the past, it didn't work well. Current system is better
So 4 games of toxicity can get you removed from the game forever (if they are timed right) , What a great system. 4/100000 possible games decides your fate , some good chances we got here don't you agree?
Zyzyx (EUW)
: > correct me if i'm wrong , Sorry You are wrong, it's a 10 game restriction at first, not 5. > My suggestion would be putting a system of 5 game mute , 25 game mute , 100 game mute , then permanently muted in chat Let me stop you right here (ok, obviously I can't stop you, but in a real discussion I would have interrupted you at this point): This was already tested by Riot and it didn't work. There are two problems about it: Riot found out pretty early that too many punishment stages are useless. Quite often if one punishment doesn't work, the next one doesn't either. Over time Riot reduced those useless punishments and whats left are those punishment level that actually have an effect. The second problem is not about the amount of punishments, but about overly long restrictions. Riot tried that in the past and they noticed that a) long restrictions do not work better and b) people who are not able to chat for a very long time tend to switch to other ways to express their aggression, like inting, trolling or going afk. This means that overly long restrictions are not only useless, they also tend to make peoples behavior even worse by making them switch to a kind of behavior that has more impact and is harder to detect and punish. > What if the players start intentionally feeding or trolling because they cannot rage at others to let out their anger? Well simple , Suspend those people , No, not simple, because this behavior is waaaaaay harder to detect. > But if someone is to be toxic in chat , Not affecting GAMEPLAY , then why ban them from the GAME. First of all: Of course flaming affects gameplay. It completely destroy team spirit, the will to win, motivation, teamplay and plenty more. Flaming has a very clear and measurable effect on gameplay. And secondly: Why not? If you can't behave and either don't listen to previous punishments or behave on a completely unacceptable level, why wouldn't you be removed from the game? No one wants to play with these kinds of people, so it makes perfect sense to remove them. > Also just a bit of a pointer , why do we have a /mute command if we are going to ban people from chatting? Why do we have bullet proof vests if we are sending people who shoot people in prison? Just because there is a method to (partly) protect yourself from something, this doesn't mean that this "something" is okay. You can only (reasonably) mute flamers after they already flamed. It's like putting on a bulletproof vest after already being shot. The damage is already done. Team spirit and all the stuff I mentioned before is already destroyed. > Hope you can see where I'm coming from , before you go all social justice warriors on my ass. I do get where you are coming from, you don't want to suffer real consequences for your behavior. But the thing is...the majority of the community wants you to. The main goal of the entire punishment system is to remove/fight toxic behavior. What matter for that purpose is not fairness or justice or punishments that fit the crime. What matters is effectiveness. What matters is which punishments actually successfully reduce toxicity in Leauge. And that's what the current system is optimized for. Yours is not. It's optimized to be nice to flamers. That's not the goal here.
> This means that overly long restrictions are not only useless, they also tend to make peoples behavior even worse by making them switch to a kind of behavior that has more impact and is harder to detect and punish. I don't think intentional feeding , trolling or afking is that hard to detect , riot employs thousands of employees , I'm sure some of them can take some time to actually put some work into something they get paid for. > First of all: Of course flaming affects gameplay. It completely destroy team spirit, the will to win, motivation, teamplay and plenty more. Flaming has a very clear and measurable effect on gameplay. The 4 things you mentioned here , are 4 things I have personally never seen in league of legends , if my team is winning the most i get is an emote with a thumbs up or a gg in chat (insignificant to a normal person , lets be honest) , if my team is losing it's flaming , trolling or inting that happens. Even if someone is talking shite in chat I normally would just ignore it , but everyone has bad day here and there where we just have a go at someone , I don't think a few games of toxicity over you entire play time should decided your entire fate anyways. > And secondly: Why not? If you can't behave and either don't listen to previous punishments or behave on a completely unacceptable level, why wouldn't you be removed from the game? No one wants to play with these kinds of people, so it makes perfect sense to remove them. But what is a Toxic person without a voice? Just a very quiet person... I understand that toxic people aren't fun to be around , but why make everyone a criminal when some just have a big mouth? Some such as myself tend to throw empty threats around just because there isn't really anyway of me making this person change. If someone decides to int or troll my games , which is mostly what pisses me off , there is 9/10 no way to stop this person from inting , I try being nice they just say "%%%% you" or "I can't not troll" which makes %%%% all sense , but ok , So when being nice doesn't stop someone from inting , and judging how I get no notifications on my reports I put in just about everyday , then what do you expect me to do? Just move on and let the next inter ruin my game over and over again? But in short , I've never seen a game where I call someone a wanker , or take the piss out of them and then they suddenly start inting or feeding , not to this day , its usually the opposite way around anyway , where i take the piss out of the person ruining my games. > Just because there is a method to (partly) protect yourself from something, this doesn't mean that this "something" is okay. > You can only (reasonably) mute flamers after they already flamed. It's like putting on a bulletproof vest after already being shot. The damage is already done. Team spirit and all the stuff I mentioned before is already destroyed. Permanently Muting someone is pretty much taking the gun away forever , the gun can't be shot again. Banning someone else for what they've done is almost like taking the gun away from someone then shooting the shooter with the gun , which is a bit inhumane if you ask me. Yeah the guy did a mistake , but who knows maybe he had a mental condition? Anyways I still feel like we are over doing punishments , I mean if a baby keeps breaking a certain toy , then don't give the baby that toy , that doesn't mean you take all the toys away from the baby and leave them with no childhood , you just solve the problem at hand. It's always good to thing of the future and what future actions may take place , but let that be decided in the future , not deciding the future in the past like we are some godly figures. > I do get where you are coming from, you don't want to suffer real consequences for your behavior. But the thing is...the majority of the community wants you to. The main goal of the entire punishment system is to remove/fight toxic behavior. What matter for that purpose is not fairness or justice or punishments that fit the crime. What matters is effectiveness. What matters is which punishments actually successfully reduce toxicity in Leauge. And that's what the current system is optimized for. Yours is not. It's optimized to be nice to flamers. That's not the goal here. It's not that I won't serve my time , I just feel that serving a punishment for a crime you really didn't commit isn't fair. Getting banned from a game usually means you were directly affecting gameplay like Cheating , Inting , Afking or Trolling. Yet I've done none of the sort yet I am treated as if I have. We all have our views , but just try to see it from my perspective , I do appreciate your feedback. Don't feel as though i'm attacking you back , i'm just giving you a bit more insight on my view of the events.
Rioter Comments
: They trialled perma mutes a while ago. It was a drastic failure - people resorted to trolling and intentionally feeding instead. The fact is, flaming DOES affect your game play. You spend time typing, your team mates spend time arguing with you, it generally tilts everyone and typically brings everyone's performance down. People won't play better because you're abusing them.
I mean , if people start inting after a perma mute then they can be punished , Why give a blanket punishment for some who wouldn't do that? As much as i may flame , I care about the games I play because I don't want to waste my own time , I may flame allot , but I wouldn't actually int even if i say I would , it's mainly just an empty threat. You can check my match history if you believe i'm a fat liar or something.
: No, a perma is the step after a 14-day The punishment pyramid goes as follows (for toxicity): 5-game chat restriction 25-game chat restriction 14-day ban Perma-ban The first two steps are skippable if you use slurs and hate speech or the k acronym and death threats.
hmm , well that sucks. Still don't get why toxicity results in a game ban , perma ban me from the chat I understand , but why stop me from playing the game when i still play the game without affecting gameplay xD
: Permanently Banned
Also Just for some more context , I went from a 14 day ban to a perma ban? I thought I was supposed to get a 30 day ban before the perma? Just a thought
: Heck yea... Thank you for the decision of leaving. One less toxic flamer xD {sticker:sg-kiko}}
:) wasn't by choice , but glad I could help...
Shiwah (EUW)
: > How can I be expected to let such things just slide by in many games I play. You aren't expected to be all sunshine and rainbows, but blaming, flaming, threatening to int aren't going to salvage the situation, or convince your teammates to work as a team.
Yeah I understand where you're coming from , I guess sometimes i just end up speaking my mind a little too much without thought of the consequence. Will try to improve there.
Rioter Comments

SteveMc356

Level 105 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion