Rioter Comments
Hansiman (EUNE)
: So I'm never allowed to play together with my friends who happen to be in Diamond, while I'm in Gold?
I never disagreed with this Im just saying its used as a loophole rather than "I want to play with friends of a higher rank"
Hansiman (EUNE)
: Explain what? That a 3rd party site takes a wild guess at win-rate based on a calculation they use towards a person's MMR which is also a wild guess from their side, provides you with information that is wrong, and only acts to demotivate you before you enter a game?
> [{quoted}](name=Hansiman,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=v8U64Elj,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2017-03-26T13:41:37.355+0000) > > Explain what? That a 3rd party site takes a wild guess at win-rate based on a calculation they use towards a person's MMR which is also a wild guess from their side, provides you with information that is wrong, and only acts to demotivate you before you enter a game? -Bare in mind I don't look at LoLSkills "Statistical Win Chance", just ranks- I said this before And explain how a Plat is put with a Silver 1 with 3 Unranks vs 2 Plats 2 Golds 1 Unranked
: No, If you care about winning and winning only you go to ranked games. if you want to train, practice, have fun, play with friends etc. you play normals
> [{quoted}](name=Thot Carrier,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=v8U64Elj,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-26T13:32:10.773+0000) > > > if you want to train, You cant train in normal games because of unbalanced matchmaking
Hansiman (EUNE)
: Because normals allow people of all skill levels to queue up together. Friends that would normally not be able to play together in ranked are allowed to play together in normals. You can also queue up with a lower leveled friend. How would you allow that to happen if ranked MMR overshadows normal MMR? --- > Unless there are not enough players to fulfill the queue criteria, only then it makes sense to lower the boundry to reduce queue times. There's probably enough people queueing up for normals, but if you have too many criteria on how the queue works, the queue timer is going to be unacceptably long even if you have more than enough people in queue, simply because the system can't find 10 people to match together.
Also explain this: http://prntscr.com/eomu8j EDIT: Still no response also this tristana SoloQed http://prntscr.com/eon1j4 nice game lol
Hansiman (EUNE)
: Because normals allow people of all skill levels to queue up together. Friends that would normally not be able to play together in ranked are allowed to play together in normals. You can also queue up with a lower leveled friend. How would you allow that to happen if ranked MMR overshadows normal MMR? --- > Unless there are not enough players to fulfill the queue criteria, only then it makes sense to lower the boundry to reduce queue times. There's probably enough people queueing up for normals, but if you have too many criteria on how the queue works, the queue timer is going to be unacceptably long even if you have more than enough people in queue, simply because the system can't find 10 people to match together.
> [{quoted}](name=Hansiman,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=v8U64Elj,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-03-26T13:16:26.013+0000) > > Because normals allow people of all skill levels to queue up together. Friends that would normally not be able to play together in ranked are allowed to play together in normals. More like " I feel like stomping inferior players today, oh look I can get into unbalanced games through the loophole of queuing with low ranked friends"
: Im diamond and if I wanted to play vs diamonds I'd play ranked or flex. :) the reason I play normals is to chill out and play new stuff or just yolo with friends. that's why its normal. similary I'd advice you to play rankeds if you want to play with similar ranked people
> [{quoted}](name=Thot Carrier,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=v8U64Elj,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-03-26T13:16:07.751+0000) > > I'd advice you to play rankeds if you want to play with similar ranked people If you use ranked games as practise games then you are simply ruining that accounts MMR / Rank With that logic making a smurf is the only viable option
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: You sure love numbers, don't you? :) Believe it or not, but that's how the system works. Ranked and normals are two seperate systems. I do not know how they plan to do this next year, maybe they'll swap it around, who knows? For now I know for a fact that mmr in normals and mmr in ranked is different. Mmr is how the game functions, and how it works. I'm merely here to tell you what I know about this system, and why you were placed so (unjustly?) with players of a much higher skill than yourself. I can't change it, I can't do anything to alter it. I know for a fact that the mmr is different for two separate game modes, and that's what I've told you. I don't understand why you're making a long rant to me about how this system works. If anything, you should send a ticket to Riot Support and express your worries to them, since they might actually have the ability to bring it to people who work with this stuff. That set aside, I think it works pretty well. People in premades wish to play with their friends, regardless of said friends' level of play. If you can't premade with a person because they're 2 tiers below you, then that'd suck too, right? In ranked you can't duo with anyone higher or lower than 1 tier from your position. _You_ would be able to duo with a Plat V, or a Silver V at highest/lowest. Premades are KNOWN to have their mmr raised, since they gain an advantage over the enemy team (teamspeak). If your team was a bunch of premades, this could also affect your game to such that you were placed with low-mmr plats and diamonds (going to assume this works for normals as well; I know it works perfectly well in ranked at least). Your ranked games/mmr aren't affected by your normal games/mmr, so I don't understand your worry.
Thats the entire point of this post. Just because a diamond duos with a silver I have to have my experience be a loss cos of his superior knowledge? They all tryhard and act like the low scum they are coming down to a lower elo to pubstomp. Well i will join them by smurfing and playing with friends on smurfs in bronze or unranked ;) Its fair cos that accounts mmr is equal to bronze right? So its a balanced match ;) (What I just said is its basically a smurf at low elo :P)
: 1: Yes, they can be if they play few normal games of a certain mode (teambuilder/blind/draft). If you play ranked, you'll be matched with people in your mmr consistently, and only when someone duos may you find someone a tier above/below you. Ranked is perfectly safe in that sense, since this is where people gain their rating/mmr consistently. 2/3: It can be. Look at my reply for 1. If the enemy team plays little ranked and some of them are premade with a lower player (whom has low mmr already), they can easily be "roughly" around your mmr and thus be seen as perfectly fine enemies for you. 4: Play ranked if you're bothered by seeing diamonds in your games. There you'll only find silvers and an occasional platinum if your mmr is high enough. :) Apologies to Hansiman for replying in your place, more or less.
Why would you think that a semi pro painter would paint as well as a professional painter just because its in a different competition. Lets say there is painter A and painter B, painter A is a semi pro and painter B is professional. Who would think to design a competition with the two painters involved in it. Painter B is way out of the league of painter A and morale isnt going to change that. Now back to league quit telling me this complete BS about matchmaking. You say how if a silver premades with a diamond he will be put versus me. League of Legends is a popular game with millions of players and you are telling me that I cant play a normal game of LoL with my friends all because you couldnt match the Diamonds requirements? D + S duo queue meanwhile, G + S also duo queue (The letters stand for their ranks) D + S ____ = 2 The average MMR of the two player but for the balance of having such a high rank compared to the average MMR you need to add extra MMR Preferably the match should look something like this : SV + DV + P5 + P5 + P5 vs P2 + P1 + P3 + P3 + P3 You have to punish the fact that the match has a more skilled player on the opposite team. Simply the silver will struggle but that is his *CHOICE*. Key word its his choice, he has chosen to queue with a player who is far greater in skill and knowledge. ME duoing with my Gold V friend and my Silver 4 friend wont effect a Gold 4 game greatly why, because its one rank difference not 2 or 3 ranks. IMO normal games are a complete waste of time because of the matchmaking. -Tangent- CS GO has a good rule in their competitive gamemode: 'Unless they are in a party of 5, players will not be able to queue for Competitive Matchmaking if their skill group range is very large.' I had this problem since my friend was in low gold nova ranks which is lower than MG and MGE of me and my friend which wont let us play right? So I simply get 2 more friends and I play a match which is balanced as the rank of the opponent is a challenge for everyone not just the lower rank. -Over- This can apply to league however that is their version of ranked and they have casual which is what Draft is in theory. TL:DR Rather than forcing me to play games which are unbalanced cos the number behind the player in this SPECIFIC gamemode is low and their real NUMBER (MMR) is in the MAIN gamemode, put me , my 2 others friends versus what is the closest you can get to our ranks. - And quit telling me this {{item:3711}} (shet) how its balanced because their MMR in normals is the same as mine :) because it isnt. This matchmaking is rather consistent which is worrying incase I would like to play ranked next season and stop again because I might **** up my normal game matchmaking with some friends. Long @ss tl;dr right?
Hansiman (EUNE)
: > In the end lets say each Division is equal to 5 so being Gold V is 5x3 = 15 + 1 (V) = 16 points There's a problem with your way of looking at it right there; you do not look at a persons division in order to determine skill. MMR tells this, and this number isn't visible. Normal games operate with their own set of MMR than ranked games do. In normals, people are also able to queue up with friends of wildly different rankings, which can make gaps between players larger. However, both teams will consist of players that add up to roughly the same total amount of MMR. When you search up for the game and see that your opponents have a diamond in them, for instance, you've already lowered your chances of winning because you're expecting to lose. You've just broken your own morale.
> [{quoted}](name=Hansiman,realm=EUNE,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=0XkYFX58,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-11-07T17:55:11.095+0000) > > There's a problem with your way of looking at it right there; you do not look at a persons division in order to determine skill. MMR tells this, and this number isn't visible. > > which can make gaps between players larger. > > However, both teams will consist of players that add up to roughly the same total amount of MMR. > >, you've already lowered your chances of winning because you're expecting to lose. You've just broken your own morale. Point 1 : So you are telling me that Diamond players are the same as Gold players cos if so why would I play ranked if everyone is the same skill level irrelevant of rank ? Point 2 into 3 : So you tell me that the normal matchmaking can make gaps between player to player large. So why do you talk of MMR in your next sentences as roughly the same? - Silver V to Gold V versus a team of 3 Plats a silver and Diamond is not 'Roughly the same total amount of MMR' Point 4 : I may have lowered my chances of winning but Riots algorithm made my chances worse than my morale can
Rioter Comments
Wildlash2 (EUW)
: Efficient champions to play at 120~ ping
Rioter Comments
brijmohan (EUW)
: Honestly, there is not much difference between silver and gold... so carrying in gold is the same as carrying in silver... the only difference I've seen is decision making is slightly better in gold - I have an account in gold (this one) and another which just got placed in to silver... I make a Baron call at around 23mins when I'm a tank jungler, with a smite top laner... and the enemy adc is bot lane, in silver, nobody listens and goes bot lane to kill the adc... whilst in gold, people push out top/mid lane, then come baron. People in gold realise, slightly better than those in silver, that the objective of the game is getting objectives, and killing the nexus... not TDMing it to kill the enemy team over and over. But it's still not so much better that we can say, we're better than silvers. In relation to your ability to carry silver games... The Rengar game just looks like your team (including you) just kept throwing your lead. I mean, the team fights you had, jinx went off on a rampage... then a few minutes later, it seems like you guys got caught one by one, before resetting and letting jinx go on a rampage again. I've been in games where the team with jinx is behind by a good 5-10k gold... but because of better team fighting, and the team sticking together, the team with jinx wins the game, because a) it gets to late game and well... jinx is an amazing hyper carry, b) pretty much most people realise after a few won fights, that if they die protecting the jinx, they win the fight... but in the case of the Rengar game, it honestly looked like after a won fight, some of you kept overextending and got caught out, eventually leading to your own demise. The Yasuo game you won... but the gold chart tells me your team couldn't manage the waves efficiently and effectively before TDMing it... between around 12-21mins, the blue team got ahead in gold by winning a few skirmishes in multiple lanes and taking down the respective towers. Was it necessary to fight? Could it have been avoided? After all, the aim is to get as far ahead as possible in BOTH exp and gold, so that you can take down objectives and the enemy nexus with ease. Constant fighting isn't required. Lee sin game... so you decide to play lee sin, an extremely difficult to master champion, when there are better junglers out there if you haven't mastered him. Other than poor choice... you need to realise that lee sin is highly difficult to carry with when the game goes to late game. Nearly everybody will advise you to stay away from lee sin in the low elos until you've practised him and mastered him and are comparable to high elo lee sin players... it's honestly not worth playing lee sin over other junglers in the meta, if you're not as good as them. So, going back to carrying as lee sin... you really think kills on a lee sin are worth anything? Especially if you haven't mastered him? Okay fine, most of your lanes are feeding... but you know as well as I do, that your laners are more likely to carry the game, based off of champion alone. The fact that every champion on the enemy team outscales you, both in damage and usefulness, should be screaming to you that if you can, you should give your laners the kills... and more than that, you, individually, were not so far ahead of the enemy jungler at any point in the game, that you can build pure damage. It's good if you're like 3-0-0 at the 10min mark... because then, you CAN carry, since you have the potential to end games quickly... but by the nature of playing a poor scaling champion, who is cool-down reliant somewhat, it's kind of a poor decision to build pure damage. Remind me again why you never switched to a sweeper as a jungler... or more reliably, as a lee sin with a sightstone? Check out improveyourleague.com too, it can give you many tips in the form of videos about your decision making (in the form of objective controls, builds, and ganking)
Thanks for the tips {{item:3341}} I forget about that lee sin
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Quiz (EUNE)
: How come I can't play any of the so called "noob" champions?
: Ryze needs a new skin
{{champion:154}}
: Thank you! Appreciated! By sustain items you mean lifesteal items or hp regen items? Can you give me an example if it's not trouble?
{{item:3211}} -----> {{item:3065}} {{item:1053}} ----->{{item:3074}} An early AD build {{item:1055}} {{item:1055}} {{item:1055}} {{item:1055}} Should give all the sustain and hp
: A new way to deal with leavers
How about we are able to control their champion like in Dota?
: Help me with Kha'Zix please
Pray to god you ; GET A GOOD LEASH! Dont get invaded I personally build {{champion:121}} as a full assassin who can 1 hit carries I max Q and start with Q at gromp then W then do blue , you can either do crab and then wolves or just B to get {{item:3713}} since you cant clear the jungle. His damage is still there you just have to outplay others with your AA Passive Q R repeat because you are squishy
Husker (EUW)
: Favourite Champion
Bounty Hunter xD {{champion:121}}
Tek191 (EUW)
: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! He will go back to 100% Pick or Ban rate :(
> [{quoted}](name=Tek191,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=GmKAEHr5,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2015-04-10T19:22:43.167+0000) > > NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! > He will go back to 100% Pick or Ban rate :( I main him >:){{champion:121}}
Bombardox (EUW)
: Kha'zix finally buffed in pbe
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! He will go back to 100% Pick or Ban rate :(
: And Nidalee hasn't been nerfed yet becaaaaussee?
60 HP less at level 1 that will do it! {{champion:76}} {{champion:55}} The Club of the Nerfed by 60 HP at level 1
: Rito, we need a new ping wheel please
Made me giggle 10/10 - Dota 2
Tek191 (EUW)
: Surrender
Every game your teammates hold the outcome of your game; For example bot goes 0/7 and flames the jungler which now pisses off 3 people Then your mid lane gets 4 man ganked while your bot and jungle argues which leads him to ffing Then your team ffs and what could you have done to stop that?
0GameDos0 (EUW)
: lol no I refuse to waste my time in a 40 min stomp
How often do you get a 40 minute stomp?
Rioter Comments
: Forgotten Champion ( Kha'Zix )
I played him recently + Damage is there! - Any level 1 invades make you useless as you cant clear the jungle - Leaves jungle on low hp
: does gnar need a small buff
His range is so short his only trading ability is Q
EYazan (EUNE)
: MF current condition ?
{{champion:104}} Nerf = Rise {{champion:21}}
: Removing Talon's silence is still a nerf. He needs to be buffed in some way.
Give him a quick - Cancel Channeled abilities type of ability and he will be fine
Hi im Pete (EUNE)
: Do you report people who say easy/ez at the end of the game.
Muzét (EUW)
: Err you know if you give character a skillshot she will be stronger on another side ? Like range or Damage or even worse with a cc ? Example : Zilean. His Q became a skillshot but he earned range and a stun on his Q.
Yes it will make Katarinas Qs undodgeable because they are skill shots! Because skillshots cant be dodged! It will make katarinas Q spam poke better right? She has to aim Q instead of pressing it on minions to bounce to me
: Katarina Skin (Idea)
Katarina Nerf (Idea) Give skillshots
Rioter Comments
: Unlike Katarina, Akali is not a champion that can simply press R and take down 3 people, have 45 seconds reduced cooldowns which is insane, then ult again after 5 seconds, take down the other 2 people. It's a champion that kills everybody 1 by 1, and if she gets stunned, knocked, silenced etc. she is down. And yet, she gets nerfed over and over. E no longer triggers her Q. While Katarina spells trigger her Q, very quite nice. I don't have anything to say.
> [{quoted}](name=Punchinizator,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Mjmd7Jw9,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2015-04-07T22:33:52.133+0000) > > Unlike Katarina, Akali is not a champion that can simply press R and take down 3 people, have 45 seconds reduced cooldowns which is insane, then ult again after 5 seconds, take down the other 2 people. It's a champion that kills everybody 1 by 1, and if she gets stunned, knocked, silenced etc. she is down. And yet, she gets nerfed over and over. E no longer triggers her Q. While Katarina spells trigger her Q, very quite nice. I don't have anything to say. Smash keyboard ??? Profit Both champions have the same mechanics {{champion:84}} {{champion:55}} S3 Akali lol dont remind me!
: Lets talk about Akali.
Wow you have to auto attack damn, buff akali Riot she is olafed!!! WQWRERQERRQWEERQWERQWEQWERERWQERQWREWQEERQWERQW PENTAKILL wait I forgot AQWYTYWTQYWQRY AUTOATTACKEQWQETWRQERWQRWEQERAUTOATTACKQWRQWRYQWYRT PENTAKILL!
: What do you care. if you lose enough games you will get placed against easier opponents
> [{quoted}](name=AeonValefor,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=cuK2HRFA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-04-06T09:00:22.722+0000) > > What do you care. Well maybe because I play league to have a fun experince and not get rolled over by low elo Diamonds?
Rioter Comments
Tek191 (EUW)
: QUICK GUYS BEFORE THE GAME FINISHES
Tek191 (EUW)
: QUICK GUYS BEFORE THE GAME FINISHES
GUYS PLATS / DIAMONDS VS GOLDS!
Rioter Comments
: The most useless champion in League of Legends.
{{champion:27}} Am I even playing League of Legends anymore?
Tek191 (EUW)
: Countering Full AP or AD Shaco
When Shaco goes full AD/Ap he is squishy Due to all champions having 70000 trillion dashes you can stick to him for 7 seconds as he cant just Q away because the oracle is on top of your champion Giving true sight 360 degrees around you
Show more

Tek191

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion