The TabIe (EUW)
: buff lee sin
He was top spot long enough he is fine as he is. If at all he doesn't need a buff, he needs a rework.
Axelney (EUW)
: Dude, where i come from, such joke aren't funny. They taught* us so at school and im proud of that. You say that it was a joke and yet you are still defending your theory where you draw that girl as a internet bitch just because she's showing a pair of boobs on cam because of "da camera angle". The most funny thing is that you actually think you are saying something clever when it's clear that it's you in particular having a problem. The girl is also Gold IV which is trash tier but still higher than most players (and higher than me) so there's no real reason to think shes a bad player either. I hope this post gets removed it's racist as hell and just enforces hate on women. edit: *typo
> [{quoted}](name=Axelney,realm=EUW,application-id=jeJYsmwG,discussion-id=oPk4Vvcn,comment-id=0000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2015-10-05T15:57:51.821+0000) > > Dude, where i come from, such joke aren't funny. They taught* us so at school and im proud of that. > You say that it was a joke and yet you are still defending your theory where you draw that girl as a internet bitch just because she's showing a pair of boobs on cam because of "da camera angle". > > The most funny thing is that you actually think you are saying something clever when it's clear that it's you in particular having a problem. > > The girl is also Gold IV which is trash tier but still higher than most players (and higher than me) so there's no real reason to think shes a bad player either. > > I hope this post gets removed it's racist as hell and just enforces hate on women. > > edit: *typo Reading all you said here and talking all proud about what your school and mother teached you, you destroyed any credibility that either are a source of a good education with this one sentence: "I hope this post gets removed it's **racist** as hell and just enforces hate on women."
Gaddafi (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Luis Sc,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=xRHFckGY,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2015-08-24T08:56:51.231+0000) > > I can only think of a few eastern-European countries condemning homosexuality -- then again, you can't do much when their culture values lack. As far as I can tell, in those countries acceptance isn't really a word worth educating around. How can you say that some culture lacks something based on not accepting lgbt publicly? It doesn't mean that some countries ( including mine ) and people there are violent towards lgbt population. And education, my friend, doesn't have nothing to do with that. I always laugh how people ask for acceptance ( which is fine, everyone should be accepted for what he is ) but when they have to accept someones opinion and belief - then they resort to insults as in your case. Culture is very very wide term. As for this topic, if someone is gay why should he be insulted if someone say ' hi gay '? Taric is gay, this wasn't an insult. As OP has stated, it's same as 'blonde' or ' brunette ', no insult but to say that ' culture lacks ' because of not understanding terms, that is hate and that is insult. Peace.
> [{quoted}](name=ThugLif3071,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=xRHFckGY,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2015-08-24T09:19:17.991+0000) > > How can you say that some culture lacks something based on not accepting lgbt publicly? It doesn't mean that some countries ( including mine ) and people there are violent towards lgbt population. And education, my friend, doesn't have nothing to do with that. > > I always laugh how people ask for acceptance ( which is fine, everyone should be accepted for what he is ) but when they have to accept someones opinion and belief - then they resort to insults as in your case. Culture is very very wide term. > > As for this topic, if someone is gay why should he be insulted if someone say ' hi gay '? Taric is gay, this wasn't an insult. As OP has stated, it's same as 'blonde' or ' brunette ', no insult but to say that ' culture lacks ' because of not understanding terms, that is hate and that is insult. > > Peace. Of course it is a lack of education. Everyone that has the ability to think straight can try to research facts about lgbt themes. It is easy to see that lgbt things are something you are born with, that can't be changed. So how can they be unnatural or wrong? Especially since they don't harm anyone? So what is a valid reason to really oppose or not accept lgbt people except the lack of understanding that a proper education would bring? You can't compare lgbt acceptance with cultural critique. The cultural views are created by people and can be wrong, the lgbt themes aren't relative, they just are. Saying that a whole culture doesn't accept lgbt people comes from a of lack education is not really hate, it is a critique that the world view in this cultural group is antiquated on that matter and not up to date with currenct science. It might look like bad polemics but that is there core what the person meant.
Cypherous (EUW)
: DirectX is something that has more support, sure they could have used openGL but when the majority of their players and their primary users were using windows they just went with the easier option, 99.99% of the time you dont even have to ship anything extra with the client as DirectX already comes pre-installed, they most likely never expected the game to be as popular as it became so i doubt anything other than windows was every really planned for at the start hence they went with DX over OGL, several years later that slightly bites them in the ass a little and they have to maintain a DX client along with a mac client, maybe one day, but as i've mentioned the gaming market isn't really mad eup of massive numbers of linux gamers, as much as i think it would be cool to make the switch i would require developers to support the OS properly and thats not likely to happen for most of what i play Dirty tricks or not they have the market share they do and that means they almost get to dictate the rules, people might not like it but for the majority of users, the not as tech savy, windows is a blessing, i use it because everything i need is supported, sure that makes me a little lazy, but i like not having to fight with getting stuff installed, i have a linux VPS that annoys me no end :P
> [{quoted}](name=Cypherous,realm=EUW,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=jwex7d0L,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2015-08-18T22:46:56.023+0000) > > DirectX is something that has more support, sure they could have used openGL but when the majority of their players and their primary users were using windows they just went with the easier option, 99.99% of the time you dont even have to ship anything extra with the client as DirectX already comes pre-installed, they most likely never expected the game to be as popular as it became so i doubt anything other than windows was every really planned for at the start hence they went with DX over OGL, several years later that slightly bites them in the ass a little and they have to maintain a DX client along with a mac client, maybe one day, but as i've mentioned the gaming market isn't really mad eup of massive numbers of linux gamers, as much as i think it would be cool to make the switch i would require developers to support the OS properly and thats not likely to happen for most of what i play > > Dirty tricks or not they have the market share they do and that means they almost get to dictate the rules, people might not like it but for the majority of users, the not as tech savy, windows is a blessing, i use it because everything i need is supported, sure that makes me a little lazy, but i like not having to fight with getting stuff installed, i have a linux VPS that annoys me no end :P It only has more support because the majority of people uses it because they had to deal with it at work, so they were to lazy to try different things at home. The part of shipping can be applied to OpenGL as well, you don't even need to install something, your graphicscard having a OpenGL driver is enough. They may not have expected it, but like i said before alternatives were there long ago. Also games not supporting Linux is part of this devious circle why this numbers don't grow. Look at how many people don't want to install Linux in this topic, just because they can't play the games they want on it. There are so many things that are wrong with Windows you hardly can consider it a blessing. Except maybe because people don't even realize what a beast they actually deal with. Sure Windows is easy to handle on the GUI base, but as soon as you have a problem you have a ton of work to get stuff running with partially retardet workarounds. But you pay too much for that easiness with a crappy design that wasn't thought trough.
Cypherous (EUW)
: Just look at how many years it took for there to be a mac beta, sadly the linux market share for home users is smaller than even the tiny part owned by apple in the grand scheme of things and of the "home" users that use linux most of them will not be hardcore gamers, and the few that are will either rune LoL via wine or just dual boot windows for games, DirectX is the easiest way for people to develop games and seeing as thats a windows exclusive you can see why windows has the gaming market share, its just not financially viable to be developing for it when you only have a single product, and before you bring up valve, they have multiple games not just one :P
> [{quoted}](name=Cypherous,realm=EUW,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=jwex7d0L,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2015-08-16T21:00:58.098+0000) > > Just look at how many years it took for there to be a mac beta, sadly the linux market share for home users is smaller than even the tiny part owned by apple in the grand scheme of things and of the "home" users that use linux most of them will not be hardcore gamers, and the few that are will either rune LoL via wine or just dual boot windows for games, DirectX is the easiest way for people to develop games and seeing as thats a windows exclusive you can see why windows has the gaming market share, its just not financially viable to be developing for it when you only have a single product, and before you bring up valve, they have multiple games not just one :P They just could have gone for Open GL when they created LoL including their engine themselves, if not most game engines are cross plattform by design. There are not many excuses why they have gone for DirectX except of laziness and developing specifically for windows. It also isn't about beeing hardcore gamer or not, it has to do more with if you have expirience with running Wine or not to be able to play the game you like, because there is no good port. Windows has the gaming market because they have a long history of dirty tricks and blackmailing to get machines delievered with their OS so everyone knows it and they utilize the laziness of the people and their dependence on certain softwares that were exclusivly developed for Windows years ago. You can see the change now where people get more tech savy and see there are more choices than this, with Apple getting out of their overpriced elitist niche atleast a bit and open source Linux distributions trying to get more userfriendly to reach the non hardcore users. Microsoft has a hard time now to hold the market share they have, with products like Vista and Windows 8 failing and Windows 10 is also criticised heavily allready.
Lsayu (EUNE)
: Look at it like this: it's not just a *lot* of extra work, it's a lot of extra work that can be put elsewhere, for more important things. Yes, everyone would like to see League for Linux, but no, it's not worth the time and resources. I remember someone talking about security issues as well.
> [{quoted}](name=Lsayu,realm=EUNE,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=jwex7d0L,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-08-16T16:57:04.545+0000) > > Look at it like this: it's not just a *lot* of extra work, it's a lot of extra work that can be put elsewhere, for more important things. Yes, everyone would like to see League for Linux, but no, it's not worth the time and resources. I remember someone talking about security issues as well. Security issues on linux that could be relevant when there is a windows client since the beginning? Especially when LoL uses IE plugins internally to show the shop? That was a good one.
MetaTrace (EUW)
: This is correct.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot MetaTrace,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=TpZAJ1ix,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-08-17T10:43:10.938+0000) > > This is correct. Why is considered legal to duoq with a person that is far more expierienced from another division on a smurf? It is still a unfair advantage that may lead to boosting, even if not on purpose, if a higher skilled person plays their "normal" way they naturally win more games and therefore boost their partner. It is like undertemining the reason for limiting the divisions that can duoq together at all.
Lsayu (EUNE)
: Boosting is when you play on another person's account. Duoqueueing doesn't constitute boosting, nor does smurfing.
> [{quoted}](name=Lsayu,realm=EUNE,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=TpZAJ1ix,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2015-08-17T11:06:03.025+0000) > > Boosting is when you play on another person's account. Duoqueueing doesn't constitute boosting, nor does smurfing. Playing with a smurfing person from a higher division in ranked is a unfair advantage since you abuse his higher skills. If it isn't illegal it should be. A person doesn't get worse, just because he smurfs in a lower Elo with a friend that correlates to the skill level of that Elo. The outcome is just that he carries more and therefore boosts his duo partner.
iHeyt (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=swampert919,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=My64miKH,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-08-17T09:56:21.591+0000) > > No, riot confirmed we won't get a new champ until after worlds. So 2-4 months. Nice, at least they can focus on skins, reworks and other tweaks
> [{quoted}](name=iHeyt,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=My64miKH,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2015-08-17T09:57:22.266+0000) > > Nice, at least they can focus on skins, reworks and other tweaks I think that doesn't matter for Rito since the teams that do champions, skins, reworks and balancing are different teams.
Haarvh (EUW)
: What is the point of such differing levels of team-mates and opponents in Normal Draft games?
I know what you mean. I play with some low golds and middle to high silvers most of the time and we get 2-3 plats pretty often. Once we even got 2 plats and a guy of the Master tier.
axblaze (EUNE)
: at msi there was a match between demacia vs noxus besides i think that it was already cinfirmed the next will be shurima but dont quote me on this
> [{quoted}](name=axblaze,realm=EUNE,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=ewEayJ2A,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-08-17T10:45:45.907+0000) > > at msi there was a match between demacia vs noxus besides i think that it was already cinfirmed the next will be shurima but dont quote me on this I think that was more of a filler feature game: "Hey guys, we wan't to do some interesting filler game, what can we do? Some all skin teams? Poolparty vs Mecha or something? Or how about a faction thing Demacia vs Noxus?".
BoldyAnita (EUNE)
: Demacia vs Noxus event
Wasn't there that giant Sion teaser thing this year that really fleshed out a part of the Noxus lore? I don't think they get ignored and if Rito keeps up with doing more events, i think this Demacia vs Noxus thing will get a event sooner or later. I would have preferred it over Bilgwater, since i don't find GP and MF that interesting and the Pirate Theme at all, but it is a start of something that i hope that we will see more from now on.
Poromania (EUNE)
: it go directly against their lore, so i dont think they will make it
> [{quoted}](name=Kentaureus,realm=EUNE,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=16aE32TT,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-08-17T10:06:29.378+0000) > > it go directly against their lore, so i dont think they will make it Because skins are 100% serious and allways according to the lore. I allways wondered why we have the poolparty skins, that explains it of course.
: Coaching and duoq on smurfs. Is it legal?
I think it could be considered a kind of boosting. Your apprentices could stream their games for live footage or give you replays you can review together. Maybe latter approach is better in general since your apprentice has the time to really focus on what you tell him and you can explain things better. It also provides are rewind and timelaps function that helps clarify some edgecases that might be important to be analyzed. I think the optimal approach would be doing both. Livecommenting and reviewing. But i don't think that duoq is a good thing. You can't really focus 100% on his play and he can't focus 100% on your explanation. If you want to make special things clear that need you as partner to demonstrate things, you could simply show him in a custom or a coop game against intermediate bots. They aren't a real live expierience but they should be enough to explain nearly all points that can arise that are unclear. After all at the end he has to learn the things he needs himself, you can't hold his hands forever and helping him on duoq will more hold him back than help. You can tell him the things he does right or wrong, but if you are there to fix the wrongs for him, he will maybe get it but he will not have the expierience what it means to get hit like a truck by it to really avoid it. That is also what i mean by live reviewing could help, since the expirience of "oh fuck that hurt" is still fresh and can better linked with what to do then if that happens, the best is when they try the same thing again and it doesn't work again because of your apprentices own work or take on finding a solution. That is the best way of learning things.
Ebola san (EUNE)
: Yasuo is still BUGGED!!!
Yasuo himself is a bug implemented by a stupid ritoer that gets applauded by other ritoers for beeing innovative even if any person with some sanity just would call these pieces of shit broken with overloaded kits.
SkyAim (EUW)
: u gotta see on riot perspective. If large community = money > skins, african nope wont happend gg. because no money. Thats Riot on the nut shell for u
> [{quoted}](name=SkyAim,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=ypRoecJT,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-08-16T14:56:43.941+0000) > > u gotta see on riot perspective. If large community = money > skins, > > african nope wont happend gg. because no money. Thats Riot on the nut shell for u It is also that the number of players is low and the location is unsafe to place servers there.
Dedé (EUW)
: cant log in
It will count as a leave so i think you will lose your LP.
Emillie (EUW)
: "bg"
Well i think it depends on who writes it and what the mindset of the receiver is. A opponent that wins and writes "gg" can be get understood in 2 ways. A honest way of saying good game or a sarcastic way if the opponents got stomped. Most opponents will still say it to be nice, but the opponent will see it as sarcastic or be like "a good game is only when i win, in every other case i were just too bad.". I think the same holds true for bad game. If the winner of a stomp writes it is the same as saying "easy". "Oh you got rekt, but it were even bad." is just another way of saying easy. Also keep in mind it doesn't even have to be a stomping, it can still feel for some people like it was one even though it wasn't. Everyone has his own view on such kind of things and many have a pretty thight view of you either win or atleast lose carrying or it was a stomp.
: How to beat SCHWEINE?
Brand + Morellos is enough. Ignite is optional but a good idea.
Yeldo (EUW)
: Kinda dissapointed with diamond level?
There is something about the V divisions in general, at every tier there are the most toxic and weird people. For everything else i guess on every tier are also assholes and idiots, doing well in a game sadly has nothing to do with beeing a good person.
Haunty (EUW)
: Lee sin ult bug!?
Lee Sin itself is a bug.
Dr1ftKing (EUNE)
: Ok this became critical problem in Platinum tier
It is the same as with those people from country xxxx are more toxic or allways feed prejudgments. Assholes and idiots are in every group you can think off, sadly beeing good in a game doesn't allways mean that you are a good person.
Kouèn (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vayra Dragonborn,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=PEhvyPlT,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2015-08-15T13:05:54.723+0000) > > Just because english is mainly used as general communication language doesn't mean that talking of another language on a server especially for other regions of the world does make it obligatory to talk english. > > I don't think the problem is the language but more of a problem of specific people beeing assholes that aren't capable of proper communication regardless of the language. > > Even if you don't speak english, there are tools like pings that provide a good way to still communicate with each other. Ohwell, They can speak turkish in the turkish server, they can speak Russian in the Russian server, They can speak BR in the brazillian server, but please speak English in EUW. Pings? Pinged twice Danger in an ARAM So I can take a heal (had like 10% HP) Nunu still took it although he was full HP because 'i no liek pingz u fking noob mdr fils de pute'. erm. k.
> [{quoted}](name=Kouèn,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=PEhvyPlT,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2015-08-15T13:40:02.150+0000) > > Ohwell, They can speak turkish in the turkish server, they can speak Russian in the Russian server, They can speak BR in the brazillian server, but please speak English in EUW. > Pings? > Pinged twice Danger in an ARAM So I can take a heal (had like 10% HP) Nunu still took it although he was full HP because 'i no liek pingz u fking noob mdr fils de pute'. erm. k. Your example doesn't change a thing at all, there are enough countries with other languages that are a "rightfull" part of EUW. I am not sure if you are a troll or not, since you seem to think everyone has to listen to your pings or that all people are retards like this Nunu. You should judge people based on their behaviour not their language, there are so many people that don't even talk at all, that proof that talking isn't necessary at all.
Kouèn (EUW)
: Please Learn English before playing English Games...
Just because english is mainly used as general communication language doesn't mean that talking of another language on a server especially for other regions of the world does make it obligatory to talk english. I don't think the problem is the language but more of a problem of specific people beeing assholes that aren't capable of proper communication regardless of the language. Even if you don't speak english, there are tools like pings that provide a good way to still communicate with each other.
: Yi's passive - double strike, still doesn't reduce Alpha strike's cooldown with second hit
Coxis (EUW)
: Never give up! :P
Atleast put a disclaimer that there are still games that should be surrendered. We have enough of this people that even when going 2/50, nearly all towers lost, 2 nexus down and baron lost twice still don't want to surrender.
: This vile hate towards CertainlyT
Yasuo and Kalista? lel Even though there are worse people at Riot like Coronach. Akali, the Fist of Shadow Katarina, the Sinister Blade LeBlanc, the Deceiver Lee Sin, the Blind Monk
walldahl (EUW)
: Why is matchmaking doing this?
That is matchmaking. Nothing you can really do about it. I had games where we won before 20 going 30/0 against people that weren't even 30 and i had games where i played with some some Silver and low Gold dudes and got a Master and some Plats.
: You could just play on Summoner's RIft...
> [{quoted}](name=Torpedosheep,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=bEak3JtK,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-08-13T05:59:24.190+0000) > > You could just play on Summoner's RIft... That's true that is for some reason the only mode that doesn't get bots. I heard about many bots in any other game modes lately, in cooperative i even saw it myself. Nearly everygame atleast 1 bot. Seems like they are to scared since they will get reported to often there pretty fast.
: Elise has always been one of those weird champions who always has the potential to be super strong in her prime but is crap when she isn't. This is one of those times when she's super strong. The nerf is harsh, but it's not the end of the world for. Cocoon's a MASSIVE engage tool.
> [{quoted}](name=The Noble Poro,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=u4aVEuLE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-08-12T21:21:41.569+0000) > > Elise has always been one of those weird champions who always has the potential to be super strong in her prime but is crap when she isn't. This is one of those times when she's super strong. The nerf is harsh, but it's not the end of the world for. Cocoon's a MASSIVE engage tool. I know and i agree that she is one of those hard to balance champions. But i don't think it's fair, others like Lee Sin have been super strong for years and Riot doesn't care. As soon as Elise sees some play, she is suddenly "overbearing" and needs to be nerfed without even a little compensation. They don't even bother to explain why, they just say "too strong". Also they turn screws on her that don't even have to do with the patterns you could consider unhealthy in her kit. I don't think they human Q is really the problem if you want to say Elise excels in some places too strong. She has a good tool with E yes, but if they take away everything else she will be just a stunbot.
Kauski (EUNE)
: so they buffed her too hard so they have to balance her.
> [{quoted}](name=Kauski,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=u4aVEuLE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-08-12T21:17:44.212+0000) > > so they buffed her too hard so they have to balance her. Really? Meanwhile Lee Sin is broken for years, gets a small nerf and a compensation Buff and now he even gets another Buff.
Rioter Comments
Kouèn (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vayra Dragonborn,realm=EUW,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=ndOG7wRK,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-08-11T20:29:21.579+0000) > > A Rioter allready talked about that, he said It just isn't worth it. Not enough players for the costs and also they don't know where to safely setup their servers there. That's sad. Really sad. They decided to not add a server for the african players because people there are less than people in Turkey and Chicago. That's how I read it.
> [{quoted}](name=Kouèn,realm=EUW,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=ndOG7wRK,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2015-08-11T21:12:32.587+0000) > > That's sad. Really sad. They decided to not add a server for the african players because people there are less than people in Turkey and Chicago. That's how I read it. Than you are reading it wrong. Riot is a business they look at the numbers of potential players and if there is a location where they can put their servers that isn't dangerous and worth investing. That is the same reason why Egyptians and Arabian people currently don't have their own servers. It is a investment and if the numbers of players are to low for the risk or the risk alone is too high, so that the costs could easily outweigh the gain, it is natural for a business to not do it. That has nothing to do with the "worth" of people, but is simply a question of does it bring money or is it riskier than worth. The question they ask themselves to check if a server makes sense at all is: "Our servers at place X would cost $12,50 per day and our employees $12,50, we get $1 by 25 people per day and the place is a bit risky so we don't know what could happen to the servers that could create extra costs. Does it bring me more money than it produces costs?" The question they ask themselves if they have to decide if they do one server over another is something like that: "I have 50 people that pay me $1 every day and they live in a stable place and there is another place that is a bit unstable with 25 people that pay me $1 a day. What brings me more money?"
Kouèn (EUW)
: Why exactly is there no african server? (Would love an answer from a rioter)
A Rioter allready talked about that, he said It just isn't worth it. Not enough players for the costs and also they don't know where to safely setup their servers there.
A Ocean (EUW)
: Types of people you associate with certain champs
"They are likely to flame you in French (see Xin Zhao), but if you ignore that they will carry the game in the end because they've been playing Yi and only Yi for the last 7 months." Should be: They are likely to flame you in French (see Xin Zhao), but if you ignore that they will carry the game in the end because they've been playing Yi. Than it would be perfectly accurate.
: Am I the only one who thinks Trynd needs a rework?
Tryndamere is like many old champs, he does some things too good and some too bad and he doesn't really have anything that separates him from other champions except his ultimate.
MicroBr3w (EUW)
: General EU Improvements - July 2015
Keep up the good communication Riot, it is becoming really good lately.
: Yeah i'm with you on this, the "duct tape" is an appropriate expression but sometime i feel like it's the only way to go. I know league tried to encourage positive behavior by giving gift to "good guys", but it only brought more rage from toxic player, because of jealousy i guess.
> [{quoted}](name=FortuneDoesWeed,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=2OgIWe83,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2015-08-10T09:04:26.117+0000) > > Yeah i'm with you on this, the "duct tape" is an appropriate expression but sometime i feel like it's the only way to go. > > I know league tried to encourage positive behavior by giving gift to "good guys", but it only brought more rage from toxic player, because of jealousy i guess. Well it is a hard and long road that is quiet unthankfull, but id rather go with that than the method Blizzard goes. Sure the "bad" guys didn't understand it since they don't see their wrong behaviour which is a problem of its own. But ranting and behaving bad about it just accelerates the process of them getting punished so a thinking process will either start or they will leave. Also Riot announced they put the fluff out of the punishment system since it was in a training mode and will now be a a lot harsher, what will also speed things up. It is a long fight but i think it is better for everyone involved, its like with dragonball, enemies can turn to friends that you later don't want to miss. There are tons of players i know, that are really nice, that said they raged some years ago like a mad man and you wouldn't have liked me back than. I don't think people are toxic on purpose they are partially have issues and/or others that are "toxic" encourage it so it's kind of a vicious circle. I really think people aren't toxic by nature, many have the potential but what really makes it outbreak is the current environment. Many don't see it, others know it and want to change but sometimes fail. I don't think it is fair to take away the chance changing from people that want to develop further and maybe use a competetive game as a tool to do so, because it is easier to just disable the chat completly.
: Way less flame in Heroes of the storm
Well that is Blizzards approach in competetive environments in general now, since no talking = no flaming. But i think it's just a duct tape solution to a symptom of a problem of a much larger scale. Sure it is effective but also devastating and doing lots of collateral damage to the community. I mean it just feels retarded to say: We all do a thing we love, but we can't share it because people aren't capable of communication normally when in a competetive environment. I think the solution that Riot goes with restricting talk to force people to think about what they talk and by putting cool downs on it to give people also time to reflect, is way more effective to fix the problem than flat out just forbidding communication. It might not be as effective in the short run as Blizzards approach but in the long run it is way more sustained and people actually learn some skills from a game they didn't have before, besides pushing buttons quick and having some nice reflexes. ( Slight note: I know league is a lot harder than "just pushing buttons" etc.). Personally i think since games have a huge influence on people theses days developers, should use the powers to provide to learn some skills for everyday life or some social skills based on the type of game they provide. I said "should use" because i wanted to avoid the word responsability. I don't think it is the job of game dev's to fix the issues of their players that come from many other sources, but i think if you love developing games and want people to enjoy your games more you need to teach them skills besides mechanics, reflexes and tactics and if you can fix some small portion of their social life while doing so that is a really great thing.
: yasuo enabled , when?
He got killed by GP and is disabled forever.
: Pretty solid pre-fight wear and tear on his Q that opens up opportunities to nab someone.
> [{quoted}](name=Buddingsquaw,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=itZ69Eqj,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2015-08-09T15:04:23.820+0000) > > Pretty solid pre-fight wear and tear on his Q that opens up opportunities to nab someone. Might be true but still i think that isn't something other champions can't do as well and in some cases even better.
Svvish (EUW)
: Botting in ARAM during the night....
I encounter atleast one nearly every botgame i do lately.
Solash (EUW)
: I'm willing to predict that we shall see a new champion teased/revealed within another week or so.
Xêm (EUW)
: Most toxic role?
Battlebunny Riven
Stadlink (EUW)
: Fiora's weird changes
Buffs incoming: "We're with you that Fiora seems to be pretty underpowered and are working on a set of buffs for her at the moment. One of those will increase her mobility, overall though at least for a first set of changes we're looking more to add baseline effectiveness to her. From the look of it we ended up being significantly too cautious about her balance overall. Current changelist (note, work in progress, so not set in stone) looks like this: HP / level 80 >>> 92 AD / Level 2.5 >>> 3.3 Q CD 18/16/14/12/10 >>> 16/14/12/10/8 W CD 21/19.5/18/16.5/15 >>> 19/18/17/16/15" http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/08/red-post-collection-tentative-fiora.html
: No Season Rewards for Bad Behaviour
You shouldn't be flaming but you allread realized that. Besides that though i think you shouldn't be on european servers in the first place and if you knowingly take the risk to deconnect or lagg on regular basis for whatever the reason and ruin other peopls games with it you shouldn't wonder about the punishment that you get. I think it is just a proof that the system works as intended even though it's one of these edge cases where you can consider it unfair since it isn't really in your power to do something about it, besides to not play at all. I can understand that you want to play, but you also should understand that your greed to play is no excuse to ruin other peoples game by constant lagg or disconnects since you are on servers that are too far away or your environment doesn't supply enough power.
: Here is why Galio isn't as bad as people think he is.
Well in my book Galio is a one trick pony with his ult. If it isn't up he doesn't provide that much that others can't do better.
: Buffing mobile assassins and Lee Sin just before worlds?
Free Win deserves more of a hard nerf and i think Morello is on drugs for acting contrary to what he said before. "Like I said [in the panel], Lee Sin is very fun. Shitting on people is fun. Therefore, Lee Sin is very fun. But Lee Sin probably shouldn't just shit on people." http://www.gamespot.com/articles/balancing-an-esport-and-designing-the-jungle-an-in/1100-6425770/ So if a champ shouldn't just shit on people that means he gets a buff that also explains the speed buff on Le Noob. Lets raise the W speed again that we nerfed just a while before to negate the nasty counterplay we established, if that still isn't enough for the poor Le Noob players and there is still to much counterplay we still can also revert the silence part.
: Stuns, roots, snares etc.
With Tahm you could say there is a new state that could be called Devoured, that is like a Stun but you can be moved by a opponent. There is also Fear which renders you unable to do something but your character walks away in a random direction from the source and there is Charm which renders you unable to do something and walk straight up in the initial direction of the source. Technically they feel mostly like a stun but for the sake of completeness i wanted to mention them.
: Remove premade from ranked games
The system is also pretty good to detect smurfs and people that are way about the level of their partner fast. If they have a system that can detect solo account boosting, they also can use that detection to check in duos if one is a smurfing booster.
Show more

Vayra Dragonborn

Level 68 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion